UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #3401
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I don't know about you guys, but I think I like Shaddoll Fusion a bit too much for my own good. :p If we had that other Melodious Diva, the one that protected Melodious from destruction effects, my Melodious deck would be golden.

I probably would run First Solo too though.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #3402
Emi

Lightsworn Shaddolls: Primed, and ready to kickass.

What happened is that I set Dragon and SSG, while setting Vanity's first as MST bait. It worked perfectly. His turn, he synch'd GUB with Tengu to summon TGHL, which I bounced with Dragon, forcing him to go into a sub-optimal play with Junk Warrior. From there, I drew well and filled my Graveyard.

I basically had the entire game set from there.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:52 AM   #3403
Emi

Three cards from Synchron Extreme just got their effects revealed:

Stardust Warrior
Accel Synchron
Starlight Junktion
Old 10-19-2014, 02:26 AM   #3404
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Stardust Warrior's effect is suitably ridiculous for a Synchro-Synchro (didn't the anime have some name for those? Accel Synchros or something? I should watch the anime). It's hilariously lockdown (IT'S BASICALLY A COSTLESS SOLEMN ON A 3000ATK BODY AND IT CAN SS CRIMSON BLADER WHEN IT'S KILLED BY OPPONENT'S CARD EFFECT).

Starlight Junction is also worth noting simply due to being a BOUNCE TO THE DECK.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:35 AM   #3405
Emi

Starlight Junktion sadly isn't great. You need to synchro during your opponent's turn for the control effect and the first effect needs a tuner, which limits its usefulness.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:20 AM   #3406
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yeah, I was pointing it out more for reasons of "IS THIS GOING TO BE A COMMON THING NOW?" because negative-searches are kinda scary. It's like Bounce+ in most instances.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:25 AM   #3407
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Unfortunately, none of those cards really do anything for my deck in particular. Stardust Warrior doesn't have any self-protection: Stardust Dragon's quick effect both protects itself and punishes the opponent. Warrior's just punishes the opponent and is useless against effect summons...like Shaddoll Fusion.

It also requires you to run the very bad, crippling Warrior series of Synchros, which require Synchron tuners. I'd be fine with this card if it was 0 ATK, 4000 DEF. As-is, I would probably never run it.

Accel Synchron isn't very good either. It's like a more expensive Yang Zing, with a worse effect. Why didn't they give it Battle Phase Synchro Summon too? That's stupidly retarded.

Junktion is really slow too, and it looks like Yang Zing support more than Synchron help, since the "accel synchron" ability is during Main Phase only, but that card specifically says during any part of the opponent's turn.

I'm underwhelmed, but wasn't expecting much either. Generic Synchros have been way more beneficial than any Synchron stuff. I just wish Tuning was "Add 1 Synchron, then send 1 monster from your deck to the graveyard" instead of a mill.

Actually, I've been experimenting and what would really help me right now are Trishula and another copy of Chaos Sorcerer. That would be great.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-19-2014, 03:50 AM   #3408
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I'm confused: How does Stardust Warrior require you to run the Warrior series of anything? It's materials are "1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters", and it summons a "Level 8 or lower "Warrior" Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck". There's nothing about any Synchron cards in there, let alone a sub-archetype of Warrior-types...?
Quote:
Old 10-19-2014, 04:07 AM   #3409
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
I'm confused: How does Stardust Warrior require you to run the Warrior series of anything? It's materials are "1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters", and it summons a "Level 8 or lower "Warrior" Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck". There's nothing about any Synchron cards in there, let alone a sub-archetype of Warrior-types...?
5 of the Warrior Synchro monsters require Synchrons to summon, meaning you have to run Quickdraw to practically bring them out. But at the same time, you can't use Quickdraw to summon Stardust Warrior. None of the generic Warrior monsters are worth the deckspace, and you're committing 5 Extra Deck slots to what are situational AND subpar Synchros just to accommodate Quickdraw. Then, add in the need for generic Synchros and Synchro Tuners to make Stardust Warrior and both Extra and Main Decks are a mess.

My theory on the game is the most dangerous decks are ones where every card is live and the deck can get maximum utility from the Extra Deck. Otherwise, those cards just sit there and are of no use. Take this game:

I completely overwhelmed the Sylvan player with Soul Charge, and pumped out 6 Extra Deck monsters in one turn. He was left with one card and no chance at a comeback. That kind of turn is not possible with a bunch of non-generic Synchro Monsters occupying space.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #3410
Emi

That's also a bloody terrible Sylvan deck.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #3411
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

See, I fail to see why you would run anything other than Crimson Blader for Starlight Warrior's on-destroy eff, and he's both generic and decisively not garbage. It's possible he doesn't mesh with your deck's playstyle, but he's not garbage in the slightest.
Quote:
Old 10-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #3412
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
See, I fail to see why you would run anything other than Crimson Blader for Starlight Warrior's on-destroy eff, and he's both generic and decisively not garbage. It's possible he doesn't mesh with your deck's playstyle, but he's not garbage in the slightest.
Crimson Blader is not a "Warrior".

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
That's also a bloody terrible Sylvan deck.
I don't disagree, but it was scarier than it looked. I banished Hermitree and spun Lonefire Blossom, who was summoned from the grave with Redox. I also spun that Rank 3 plant XYZ.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #3413
Emi

Yeah but ewwww Dragon Rulers in Sylvans. They clog so much.

Also going to point out for completeness sake that Junk Anchor can also summon Synchros that need Synchron Tuners.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:56 AM   #3414
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I felt like I misplayed here, but it came out good in the end:

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #3415
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Crimson Blader is not a "Warrior".
Oh eww I thought it was Warrior-type, not "Warrior" archetype. My bad!

That's fairly shitty. I guess you could use Drill Warrior as a finisher, but devoting an entire Extra Deck slot to a on-kill effect when so much of today's traps and spells focus on banishing as to not help the big two archetypes just doesn't seem worth it.
Quote:
Old 10-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #3416
Emi

The Burning Abyss tuners has arrived! (Told you soooooooooooo).

Rubic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss

Nice job Konami. You MUST be planning on unbanning Brionac soon because this is a COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #3417
Heather
Naga's Voice

So I'm thinking of a deck to get started with and for originality's sake I'm not looking at Shaddolls. With that in mind, who wants to help me find something easy for a new person to learn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 10-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #3418
Emi

Satellarknights is extremely easy to get into.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #3419
Heather
Naga's Voice

So i looked at a Satellaknights structure and added in a few traps and toys with the extra space I had. Also the Satellaknight XYZ is unfindable on DN so I went to an XYZ I'd known for a while that should work relatively well with this deck because of all the level 4s in it: Gagagigo the Risen. Of course, this was to round off Extra deck space and was not my first choice. If you want to show me how to find Stellaknight Deltatellos on DN's deckbuilder, do so please.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #3420
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

The reason you can't find it is probably that you have his name wrong: It's Stellarknight Delteros.

Also, while Gagagigo the Risen is a great card from a Lore perspective, he's not a good choice to run in your deck at all, especially when compared to other Rank 4 monsters: The Yugioh meta is very dependent on being able to destroy or otherwise remove monsters via effects, and with the Material Detachment mechanics, an XYZ without any effects is generally just a waste of deck space.

Alsoalso, what's your username? It'll be nice to finally have someone to play against who isn't blaze and thusly isn't five million stages better than me (and doesn't use Shaddolls my god blaze whyyyyyyy). I'm Kindrindra on DN, as you can probably guess~
Quote:
Old 10-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #3421
Heather
Naga's Voice

Fixed. Now can someone tell me why DN's UI is SO TERRIBLE?

Quote:
Old 10-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #3422
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

YGOpro's is far superior!

DN has its advantages, though.
Quote:
Old 10-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #3423
Emi

As a note YGOPro still requires you to spell the name right. :p

I'm curious on your extra and if you are limiting yourself to TCG only cards or not.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #3424
Heather
Naga's Voice

The structure I found didn't use any OCG cards. Also, By UI I mean the duel UI. What good is Bottomless Trap Hole if I can't use it properly because the UI is SO DAMN COMPLICATED

Quote:
Old 10-22-2014, 08:45 PM   #3425
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyro12
...How is it complicated? It just requires communication and a bit of honor/honesty between duelists. (it's like playing the game irl)

Credit to Daisy for this glorious Battle Cut :3
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment