http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=2756
Old 08-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #27
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Toilet paper is for pussies.
Well, if you enjoy wiping with grass and leaves, go for it. I'd prefer to keep my civility as long as possible.
Toilet paper could also be used to mark a path, write on, blow nose, and pad bleeding. Might be able to be used as make-shift fletching for arrows too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post

But I would bring a cellphone, as they are really handy. You never know where there is going to be service, but there has to be somewhere. Right?
What would you guys do if the disaster was solar disruption killing electronic devices and/or satellites?
Solar Storms

Last edited by unownmew; 08-13-2011 at 11:16 AM.
unownmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #28
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
The dude wants to know how to survive in the wild and you're worried about civility? :x
Old 08-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #29
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
Well, if you enjoy wiping with grass and leaves, go for it. I'd prefer to keep my civility as long as possible.
Toilet paper could also be used to mark a path, write on, blow nose, and pad bleeding. Might be able to be used as make-shift fletching for arrows too.

What would you guys do if the disaster was solar disruption killing electronic devices and/or satellites?
Solar Storms
Well, then you that would not work. Also, Toilet Paper rocks.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #30
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
The dude wants to know how to survive in the wild and you're worried about civility? :x
No, he wanted to know what would be useful to put in his Apocalypse Survival Bag.

Beyond toilet paper, strong, thin cordage (such as twine) is also a very useful item. It can be used to tie things rope would be too bulky for, making a bush bow, serve as bowstring, and can be used as tinder for making a fire if pulled apart.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #31
GrJackass
Night Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post

Solar Storms

Check out the site exit mundi, it has every end of te world scenario broken down
GrJackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #32
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hahahahahaha, you know you're friends with Kuno when you cite Exit Mundi. I haven't heard of that site in years, but that brings back a lot of good old-time Kuno UPN memories. I remember Kuno would discuss various things posted on that site all the time. Good times.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #33
unownmew
Banned

I think I accidentally uncovered one of the secrets of the universe while I discussed with Yuki some of the things on that site just today..
Old 08-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #34
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

.22 Ammo is considered one of the best ammo in a zombie apocalypse scenario simply because it's so light compared to 5.56 rounds. It is equally as common and because of it's extremely small size, it's light weight means you can carry almost double the ammo. The only real problem is the severe lack of stopping power.

Cellphones would be fairly useless in an apocalypse survival scenario. A ham radio is considerably more useful since you can just shift the frequency/amplitude and hope for a local response compared to dialing a number and hoping for your service provider to still be in service. The only part of the cellphone that I would even consider carrying is the battery, which might have some use, like fire ignition with steel wool.

Handkerchief is probably more useful as a butt wipe than bringing toilet paper. Even if you have to find time to wash it, toilet paper is a single use item. Depending on how long you plan to survive, your toilet paper will likely be long gone before you could get anywhere. The handkerchief does everything basic paper would do and isn't going to be destroyed by the rain or a quick dip in some water.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #35
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Oh man an Exit Mundi name drop. Representing. That site is/was my bible pretty much. It's a shame they don't update it anymore, some of the statistics are a bit out of date.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc