UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 02:51 AM   #126
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134
Lv. 01 (M) Sigilyph ($30)
No special moves.
Been needing a new friend to soar through the skies.

Here's another $30 for your trouble and a Poke Ball for Sigilyph!
Old 05-23-2017, 06:56 AM   #127
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
Lv. 01 (F) Shuppet ($30)
No special moves.
$30 here, going in a regular Pokeball.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #128
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
I know I said until June but I want this boy. Fee and Pokeball 4/10
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Shiny Snover confirmed.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #129
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:

The Adoption Center
Lv. 01 (M) Slowpoke ($30)
No special moves.

Adopting this Level 1 Male Slowpoke, and putting him in this Pokeball (2/10).

$30 Payment
Old 05-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #130
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Kawaii had sworn she had gone in there for a Giraffarig, but a flicker of light caught her eye.
She turned her head and saw a beautiful horse with a mane and tail of flickering flame staring at her. The pink haired trainer approached the cage and saw a sign on it: WILD TEMPER HANDLE WITH CARE. She tilted her head and stared into the soulful brown eyes of the fire-type, "You don't look wild." she murmured.
The Ponyta stuck it's nose through the bars of the cage and siffed at Kawaii.
The female trainer opened the cage slowly, as if in a trance. The fire-horse stepped out and butted Kawaii's chest affectionatly. The pinkette smiled "I think we have our newest team-mate."
OoC: this girl please $30 and in pokeball 1 of 10

You came to the Adoption Center for a specific purpose, or so you had thought, but it's easy to become distracted in a place like this, where so many fanciful creatures are around to capture your interest. And alas, just such a thing happens to you; as you enter the barn, eager to see the Girafarig, the brilliant glow of flame catches your eye.

In aq stall by herself, a single Ponyta stands, cream colored fur contrasting beautifully against mane and tail of fire. You drift to her carrel almost on instinct, and she lists her way over to you in curiosity, brown eyes tired and sad. It's a lonely life here, in the Adoption Center; no matter how hard they try, the staff simply cannot give such a large volume of creatures individual attention. There's a sign on the wall next to the stall which warns of an untame temperament, but you find it hard to believe when she sticks her muzzle through the bars of the gate, seeking your attention. Perhaps unwisely, you open it -- what would you have done if she had taken off in a frenzy? -- but the mare only butts herself against you, soft and warm. You expect her fiery mane to burn you, but it does not. You don't need to think it over; you know in your heart you were meant to be together.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Ponyta confirmed.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:14 AM   #131
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicRein View Post
Adopting the Lv.1 (M) Chikorita with no special moves.

Payment

To be housed in my 2nd ball of the starter pack

My apologies Chiko, but I cannot confirm your adoption. ^^; Please quote the opening post when adopting!

Old 05-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #132
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenAeons View Post
Been needing a new friend to soar through the skies.

Here's another $30 for your trouble and a Poke Ball for Sigilyph!

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Sigilyph confirmed.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #133
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
$30 here, going in a regular Pokeball.
Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Shuppet confirmed.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #134
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post

Adopting this Level 1 Male Slowpoke, and putting him in this Pokeball (2/10).

$30 Payment
Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Slowpoke confirmed.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #135
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
134: Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Dunsparce confirmed.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:01 PM   #136
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134
Lv. 01 (M) Bagon ($30)
No special moves.
The blanket ghost is adopting this here Bagon. RP to be edited later in today. 30
Old 05-23-2017, 05:08 PM   #137
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crys View Post
The blanket ghost is adopting this here Bagon. RP to be edited later in today. 30

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Bagon confirmed.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:45 AM   #138
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Chikorita ($30)
No special moves.
Payment

Old 05-24-2017, 06:56 AM   #139
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicRein View Post
Payment

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Chikorita confirmed.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #140
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Aron ($30)
No special moves.
Once more unto the AC, Lucas and Rags stepped in, the trainer’s head filled with finding the little runt he was told about. In his hand he held the book he had with him last, the pages opened to but only a short passage detailing the Pokémon he sought. A passage that should have deterred him from looking for such a thing considering what the book was about. Lucas nosed through the book once more as he stepped into the outside perimeters of the adoption centre, Rags closely following behind.

“Gal? Gal-gal?” (So what’s the plan? Didn’t you get what you were looking for last time?)

“I did,” he nonchalantly replied, “but there are quite a few others to look at as well.” He closed the book, certain the tiny section about the Pokémon he was looking for was memorized in full. “Besides, we’re here for Dis.”

“Gal?” (Dis?)

“You know, the Horsea we came here for last time.”

The Gallade puffed at his trainer. “Lade gal.” (That’s not her name.)

“Yeah well, I don’t like her original name. It’s too long and complicated. Besides, Dis was okay with it.”

The Gallade reluctantly let the issue go, though ‘Dis’ was still a pretty poor shortening of the Horsea’s actual name. “Gal? Gal gal?” (So we’re here for Dis? Why isn’t she with us?)

“She’s training right now, I’m not going to pull her off of her regiment.”

“Lade gallade gal gal lade. Gallade gallade lade.” (You’ve been pretty hard on the others about their training lately. They could do with a rest at one point you know.)

Lucas only groaned in response. After scouring the grounds of the adoption centre he finally came up to a small dirt mound. “This should be it,” he informed his Gallade, though the Pokémon he was looking for wasn’t anywhere near it. Lucas stepped onto the pitifully flat mound of dirt, Rags behind him.

“Gallade?” (So who is it we’re looking for?)

“A friend of Dis apparently. Well not a friend really, more someone she met while she was here. Being around all those other new Pokémon back home must have frightened her. Seeing a familiar face would probably help her relax a bit.”

“Gal, lade lade gal.” (Strange, I don’t recall her saying she was scared.) Rags instantly took back his words once he said them. The Horsea didn’t have to say it, having had a radar for emotions from his Ralts’ stage he could sense the Horsea had been feeling uneasy lately. Lucas must have picked up something. Or did he just assume with no real understanding?

Beneath Lucas’ feet the earth trembled in its place like it was about to erupt, and soon enough something did as a grey, hard-shelled little tyke dug from beneath the ground and tackled Lucas’ leg. The creature instantly bounced off, tumbled down the mound, got up and charged to Lucas’ leg again. This process repeated for a while before the Aron opted to go for a series of smaller headbutts in place, desperately trying to force the trainer off of the small hill the Pokémon had claimed as its territory.

“Gal?” the Gallade sweat-dropped. (Should we do something?)

Lucas just calmly stood in place as he tried to examine the Pokémon that was so ferociously attempting to maim him. “This really wasn’t what I was expecting,” he said finally. He bent down and scooped the Pokémon off the ground, only to find it was too heavy to be picked up and so just left him. Instead he tried to hold back the Aron’s head and establish eye-contact – not an easy task either he found.

“The Pokédex said you could topple dumpster trucks, yet you can’t even seem to push me over.”

“Ar-ar-ar,” the Iron Armor Pokémon tried to wriggle itself free from Lucas’ hand, clearly insulted.

“Relax,” Lucas tried to appease it. “we can help you train. You’re still too small and young to be battling anyway.”

“Ar-ar-aron!” he objected and continued tackling Lucas’ leg. Lucas rocked in place with each hit, though never once managed to move from the Pokémon’s mound. He let the Aron continue this while he thought of a different approach.

“We’re here because Dis said she knew you.”

“Aron!” It didn’t know anyone by the name of Dis and continued trying to budge the trainer.

“You know, the Horsea from the fountain back there,” he indicated behind him as he recovered from the last tackle. “Dis wanted to ask if you wanted to join us perhaps.”

The Aron stopped for a moment and gave a stern stare before barking in Pokéspeak. “Aron ar ar, aron aron ar ar-“ he just kept repeating. Lucas turned to his partner for a translation and found out the Aron was interested in having a battle first. Not a strange notion; a lot of Pokémon wanted their future trainers to prove themselves first before joining them, even if they were small and tiny like the Aron here who had very few battle prowess to speak of. For this reason, Rags immediately objected to the idea and didn’t want to fight the Steel and Rock type. It would have been an unfair battle and the Aron was too small and young to be fighting higher-tiered Pokémon like him.

“Gal, gal gal,” he said. (It just wouldn’t be fair.) The Aron immediately took offence and charged the Blade Pokémon. His tackle was but only a small bump but Rags was sufficiently surprised by the Pokémon’s tenacity that he stumbled back and fell, suffering only the slightest of scuffs.

His trainer laughed at this. “I like this Pokémon already. Small and tiny yet he’s not letting that stop him from proving himself. Come on Rags, you’re really going to let him get the better of you?”

Rags gave him a stern look. That wasn’t the point, Rags just really didn’t find the battle to be just between the two of them.

“So what,” Lucas responded, able to recognise his Gallade’s thoughts. “If he wants to fight, than wouldn’t it be more honourable to fulfil that last wish than deny it?” He know exactly how to coax his justice Pokémon. The Gallade gave a reluctant sigh and stared at the steely-eyed Pokémon while he picked himself up. The Aron gave a confident growl as he took a stance, ready to charge again if need to. Rag’s right hand burst into flames as he prepared his first counter-attack. Immediately the Aron took on a softer tone with a slight whimper as he questioned his demand for a battle…

(And the rest, as they say, is history.)

Payment: $30
Oh, and I'll be putting it into an Ultra Ball.

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-27-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #141
Mon1010
Pokemon Trainer

Location: In your thoughts! Can't find me? Well, think again!
Quote:

Lv. 01 (F) Ralts ($30)

It was finally the day Arthur the Ralts had been looking foward to for the past 12 days. The time seemed to go by slowly in Arthur's eyes. Leo had promised he would adopt his female Ralts friend when he was next able to adopt on May 25th. It was now May 27th, and the Ralts had been pestering his trainer about it for those extra two days. It would have happened sooner, had the bank not been closed for inventory. Still, it was finally happening, and both Pokemon and trainer were very excited about it.

Leo and Arthur knew exactly where the cages were, and went straight for them. It turned out, the female Ralts was there. Surprisingly, because Leo figured Ralts were popular and someone would snatch her up. Leo opened up the cage. "Hey there girl, guess what today is!" Leo plucked the female Ralts out of the cage and set her down, right in front of Arthur. "It's about time Arthur had his Guinevere!"

"Ralts!" The male Ralts shouted as he hugged his fellow Ralts for the first time in ten days.

The female Ralts was equally excited, and hugged Arthur back. They were very happy to see each other. Then, the two Ralts did a waltz together in the middle of the center.

Leo couldn't help smiling at the sight of the reunited Pokemon. "Ah, Poke love."

Payment

Putting her in a Luxury Ball I'm buying once the purchase is confirmed. A Pokeball the meantime. :P

Last edited by Mon1010; 05-27-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #142
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
Once more unto the AC, Lucas and Rags stepped in, the trainer’s head filled with finding the little runt he was told about. In his hand he held the book he had with him last, the pages opened to but only a short passage detailing the Pokémon he sought. A passage that should have deterred him from looking for such a thing considering what the book was about. Lucas nosed through the book once more as he stepped into the outside perimeters of the adoption centre, Rags closely following behind.

“Gal? Gal-gal?” (So what’s the plan? Didn’t you get what you were looking for last time?)

“I did,” he nonchalantly replied, “but there are quite a few others to look at as well.” He closed the book, certain the tiny section about the Pokémon he was looking for was memorized in full. “Besides, we’re here for Dis.”

“Gal?” (Dis?)

“You know, the Horsea we came here for last time.”

The Gallade puffed at his trainer. “Lade gal.” (That’s not her name.)

“Yeah well, I don’t like her original name. It’s too long and complicated. Besides, Dis was okay with it.”

The Gallade reluctantly let the issue go, though ‘Dis’ was still a pretty poor shortening of the Horsea’s actual name. “Gal? Gal gal?” (So we’re here for Dis? Why isn’t she with us?)

“She’s training right now, I’m not going to pull her off of her regiment.”

“Lade gallade gal gal lade. Gallade gallade lade.” (You’ve been pretty hard on the others about their training lately. They could do with a rest at one point you know.)

Lucas only groaned in response. After scouring the grounds of the adoption centre he finally came up to a small dirt mound. “This should be it,” he informed his Gallade, though the Pokémon he was looking for wasn’t anywhere near it. Lucas stepped onto the pitifully flat mound of dirt, Rags behind him.

“Gallade?” (So who is it we’re looking for?)

“A friend of Dis apparently. Well not a friend really, more someone she met while she was here. Being around all those other new Pokémon back home must have frightened her. Seeing a familiar face would probably help her relax a bit.”

“Gal, lade lade gal.” (Strange, I don’t recall her saying she was scared.) Rags instantly took back his words once he said them. The Horsea didn’t have to say it, having had a radar for emotions from his Ralts’ stage he could sense the Horsea had been feeling uneasy lately. Lucas must have picked up something. Or did he just assume with no real understanding?

Beneath Lucas’ feet the earth trembled in its place like it was about to erupt, and soon enough something did as a grey, hard-shelled little tyke dug from beneath the ground and tackled Lucas’ leg. The creature instantly bounced off, tumbled down the mound, got up and charged to Lucas’ leg again. This process repeated for a while before the Aron opted to go for a series of smaller headbutts in place, desperately trying to force the trainer off of the small hill the Pokémon had claimed as its territory.

“Gal?” the Gallade sweat-dropped. (Should we do something?)

Lucas just calmly stood in place as he tried to examine the Pokémon that was so ferociously attempting to maim him. “This really wasn’t what I was expecting,” he said finally. He bent down and scooped the Pokémon off the ground, only to find it was too heavy to be picked up and so just left him. Instead he tried to hold back the Aron’s head and establish eye-contact – not an easy task either he found.

“The Pokédex said you could topple dumpster trucks, yet you can’t even seem to push me over.”

“Ar-ar-ar,” the Iron Armor Pokémon tried to wriggle itself free from Lucas’ hand, clearly insulted.

“Relax,” Lucas tried to appease it. “we can help you train. You’re still too small and young to be battling anyway.”

“Ar-ar-aron!” he objected and continued tackling Lucas’ leg. Lucas rocked in place with each hit, though never once managed to move from the Pokémon’s mound. He let the Aron continue this while he thought of a different approach.

“We’re here because Dis said she knew you.”

“Aron!” It didn’t know anyone by the name of Dis and continued trying to budge the trainer.

“You know, the Horsea from the fountain back there,” he indicated behind him as he recovered from the last tackle. “Dis wanted to ask if you wanted to join us perhaps.”

The Aron stopped for a moment and gave a stern stare before barking in Pokéspeak. “Aron ar ar, aron aron ar ar-“ he just kept repeating. Lucas turned to his partner for a translation and found out the Aron was interested in having a battle first. Not a strange notion; a lot of Pokémon wanted their future trainers to prove themselves first before joining them, even if they were small and tiny like the Aron here who had very few battle prowess to speak of. For this reason, Rags immediately objected to the idea and didn’t want to fight the Steel and Rock type. It would have been an unfair battle and the Aron was too small and young to be fighting higher-tiered Pokémon like him.

“Gal, gal gal,” he said. (It just wouldn’t be fair.) The Aron immediately took offence and charged the Blade Pokémon. His tackle was but only a small bump but Rags was sufficiently surprised by the Pokémon’s tenacity that he stumbled back and fell, suffering only the slightest of scuffs.

His trainer laughed at this. “I like this Pokémon already. Small and tiny yet he’s not letting that stop him from proving himself. Come on Rags, you’re really going to let him get the better of you?”

Rags gave him a stern look. That wasn’t the point, Rags just really didn’t find the battle to be just between the two of them.

“So what,” Lucas responded, able to recognise his Gallade’s thoughts. “If he wants to fight, than wouldn’t it be more honourable to fulfil that last wish than deny it?” He know exactly how to coax his justice Pokémon. The Gallade gave a reluctant sigh and stared at the steely-eyed Pokémon while he picked himself up. The Aron gave a confident growl as he took a stance, ready to charge again if need to. Rag’s right hand burst into flames as he prepared his first counter-attack. Immediately the Aron took on a softer tone with a slight whimper as he questioned his demand for a battle…

(And the rest, as they say, is history.)

Payment: $30
Oh, and I'll be putting it into an Ultra Ball.

It's an unusually hot day today; a digital thermometer on a bank billboard reads 37° Celsius as you pass it on your way into the suburbs wherein the Adoption Center is nestled like an oasis of nature among the privacy fences and minivans. You've come again with Rags and with your book, echoing your last visit in more ways than one; as you make your way up the circle drive towards the main building, you make light discourse with the Gallade over the nature of your calling; having grown partially familiar with the grounds, you circumvent the center itself and enter the outdoor area via the side gate, having it on good knowledge that he which you seek will be outdoors, under the scorching sun.

There are many outdoor enclosures, largely segregated by Pokémon typing and species to avoid dangerous conflicts. After some perusing, you let yourself into one of several in a neat row of encosures, each of them several square yards and clearly meant for smaller Pokémon. There's two small hills inside; one is more impressive than the other. You approach the lesser of the two, and stand atop it, still good naturedly bickering with Rags the whole while. Then, suddenly, something erupts from the ground under your feet, and begins battering you! It's an Aron, and my, is it stubborn. After several failed attempts to knock you off of your feet -- and some gentle ribbing on your part -- you make an effort to pick it up, but weighing in at over 130 pounds, it's beyond your weight class. So you try to force it to look at you instead. That's technically physically possibly, but not exactly easily. You explain that a friend of his is in your care. He explains he wants a battle. Rags is unimpressed. Aron is offended. Rags is knocked on his ass.

Gotta love a summer day.

When you finally convince Rags of the merits of a good fight, the Aron takes his stance and Rags powers up a Fire Punch. Inside the Center's main building, a mortified staffer sees what's happening, and drops a tray of food bowls. He comes running out, ass over elbows, to try and stop the fight, but who's to say if he can?

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Aron Confirmed

Old 05-28-2017, 01:32 PM   #143
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
It was finally the day Arthur the Ralts had been looking foward to for the past 12 days. The time seemed to go by slowly in Arthur's eyes. Leo had promised he would adopt his female Ralts friend when he was next able to adopt on May 25th. It was now May 27th, and the Ralts had been pestering his trainer about it for those extra two days. It would have happened sooner, had the bank not been closed for inventory. Still, it was finally happening, and both Pokemon and trainer were very excited about it.

Leo and Arthur knew exactly where the cages were, and went straight for them. It turned out, the female Ralts was there. Surprisingly, because Leo figured Ralts were popular and someone would snatch her up. Leo opened up the cage. "Hey there girl, guess what today is!" Leo plucked the female Ralts out of the cage and set her down, right in front of Arthur. "It's about time Arthur had his Guinevere!"

"Ralts!" The male Ralts shouted as he hugged his fellow Ralts for the first time in ten days.

The female Ralts was equally excited, and hugged Arthur back. They were very happy to see each other. Then, the two Ralts did a waltz together in the middle of the center.

Leo couldn't help smiling at the sight of the reunited Pokemon. "Ah, Poke love."

Payment

Putting her in a Luxury Ball I'm buying once the purchase is confirmed. A Pokeball the meantime. :P

Love burns hot, though perhaps not as hot as the sun outside; one of the staffers hands you a bottle of water as you enter the main building of the Adoption Center. She looks concerned for you, and in fact just concerned period. Then she goes outside and begins spraying enclosures with a hose to cool off the Pokémon inside.

You've got something important to do, though. You've made a promise; one you intend to keep. You know where you're going, and you make a beeline there, to find your young Arthur his Guinevere. And to your surprise, she's still there in her not-so-gilded cage. She looks lonely, until she sees you, and she recognizes your face. Having been sitting in a corner, she rises to her feet before you've even unlatched the door, and practically throws herself in your hands. She knows who you are. She knows who you have in your care. And when she sees her little price, her eyes light up, thought you can't quite see the.

You set her before her mate, and they embrace. It's stirring, watching them dance. They're simultaneously clumsy, and graceful. They're so young, and pure; it's a marvelously innocent love. And it couldn't have excited without you.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Ralts Confirmed

Old 05-29-2017, 10:13 PM   #144
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Lillipup ($30)
No special moves.

As night fell once more on the peaceful Adoption Center, Max and Buddy stood together across the street. Yesterday, the building had it's grand opening, and Arthur had been introduced to the rest of the party. The Deerling seemed to be much more serious than the rest of the party, but didn't seem to mind the rest of their hi-jinks. They would get along, at least, and Max acknowledged that Jade and him were kindred spirits in both of their unending calm.

Buddy, however, had a different set of goals in mind. He liked Arthur too, though mostly because of the flower on his head and the sweet smell. But the Adoption Center introduced him to another Pokemon he wanted to meet again. A Lillipup he had only met for a moment had caught his attention, and he felt bad for the little guy. Buddy was young, but he had learned that captivity was his least favorite thing. The only time he enjoyed the comfort of a Pokeball was when he was asleep. Otherwise, the freedom of spreading his wings and fluttering was a call he had to answer. And Buddy believed that this Lillipup deserved a chance to be free again too.

As such, Buddy had talked to Max about it. The conversation was pretty one sided, considering Buddy wasn't too sure how to talk to other Pokemon. It was essentially Buddy pulling on Max with some interpretive flight and "Cue!" mixed in. Max didn't quite understand what he was doing, but this was the first time Buddy had led him to mischief, so he was happy to come along.

In the silence of the night, Buddy's fluttering wings broke the air as he floated over to the door. Max followed behind, reaching up to the front door and pulling on the handle. Locked, as expected. Buddy tried to push through the door's keyhole, almost believing he was small enough, but he only got his probiscus and a bit of his head in before Max pulled back on him. Max returned to his old tricks, waving his arm back and forth in perfect rhythm, calling forth the random energy of the world like a Metronome.

I actually rolled these just for fun's sake and uh. Nice.

From the air around him, Max conjured up a white baton of energy, holding it in his hand and staring at it confused. He handed it to Buddy, the little bug struggling to grasp it with it's legs. Max returned to his action, and the construct of a wing manifested from his side, made of steel energy. Max swung his arm up and down, trying to shake it off as it eventually broke form and shattered into energy feathers.

Max felt lucky this time, and swung his arm in a slow, methodic motion, mimicking the breeze in the air. Slowly, purple energy manifested around him, swirling upwards and upwards until he was surrounded by the glow. Buddy, panicking for his friend, flew straight into the energy spire as Max and Buddy Teleported a few feet to the left, landing right into the Adoption Center. A small "Cuuuue!" was let out, immediately followed by the world's gentlest highfive between the criminal pair.

Buddy immediately fluttered to the back of the room where he had met the Lillipup before. This time, the pup was soundly asleep, resting his head on his own arms and tucked onto a pillow in the back of the container. The Cutiefly tried to whisper in at him, but to no avail. Max had caught up and started his tails up, hovering up beside Buddy. "Bui! Hey!"

The Lillipup awoke with a start. His eyes darted back and forth before landing on Maxwell. "Lil, Lilipup! Oi, who d'ya think you are, mate?" The pup whispered, moving closer to the cage's doors. "People are trying ta sleep 'round 'ere!" Lillipup plopped down on his rear and cocked his head at Maxwell. "Some people, I swear. No sense of mannahs!" He shook his head, disappointed in the lot before him. Buddy poked once again into view, and the Lillipup shot up.

"Liiil! Oh Buddy! Ya lil git! Thought you'd be outta here for a while, ta say the least!" The Lillipup exclaimed a bit louder than he really needed, before shutting his trap quickly and darting his eyes around the room. "Forgot where I was for a mo' there." He whispered to the two of them with a sheepish grin.

Max shook his head with a smirk on his face. "Funny dude, you are. I'm a friend of Buddy. He just wanted me to break in for you - somethin' about me made him think I'd be good at that. The name's Max." The Buizel explained. Max hopped down off the cage and landed on the floor with a bow. "Now, I'll leave you guys to it. Let me know when you're ready to leave, Bud." Max turned around and hopped up the counter, looking for a bowl of candy or something they had up here.

That night, Buddy talked - or, really, buzzed - to his new friend about life with Jade. About how she didn't have much for a home, but took care of them before anything else. How she would take Buddy and the others out to a local park with the intent to draw but get distracted and just end up playing with them. About what Max told him about how him and her became friends, where Max was just a little guy like Buddy was now and Jade rescued him. About how they were all the closest knit bunch you could find, even with him and Arthur. "Sounds awful nice, Buddy. Congrats mate. Glad you've gots a home like that." The Lillpup said solemnly. Buddy tried to push his head through the cage bars again. This pup was one of the only creatures he had met that could understand him, even with his struggle with speech and quick pace. Buddy buzzed out something along the lines of, "We'll see you tomorrow!" And Lillipup nodded again and smiled, not believing for a second they would come back for him.

But they did. For 6 nights, Buddy and Max snuck in together to the AC, and each time, they hung out with their new Lillipup friend. On one night, they even managed to open the lock and get him outside with them. The Lillipup was free to stretch his legs for a bit longer than they usually let him. Every day, the Lillipup assumed it would be the last day they saw each other. He had a family before, but they left him here in the mess of the past few months. Why should he trust these new friends?

And then, it happened like he had thought. The morning of the 7th night, when the Lillipup had woken up to daylight without his visitors in the darkness, he couldn't help but smile. It was too good to be true, he thought. No friend could stick with him like his old pack. He went through the daily motions of the Adoption Center like any other day. He sat in his cage, trying to sleep the day away, hoping for the night where they'd come back.

The Lillipup heard a faint whisper of someone small and dainty outside of his cage. He didn't particularly feel like opening his eyes. He heard the whir of tails in motion, and suddenly, as clear as day: "Bui! Hey!"

He shot up and looked around to see Max, hovering in front of his cage, Buddy nestled into his head and looking as cheery as ever. Behind them, a girl with her hair tied back and a loose shirt was talking to one of the Adoption Center employees. "You're sure this is the one? There's two around here, so I don't want to mix them up on you." The employee said, flipping through a clipboard she had on her.

"Well, listen to these two, not me. They're the experts." Jade said, gesturing to her Pokemon who were now fiddling with the lock a bit. The Lillipup sprinted to the front of his cage and let out a quick bark of excitement. He tried to lick through the cage, but Max's nose was just a bit too short for him.

A family again, at long last.

---

Adopting this Lv. 1 Male Lillipup with 30 Pokedollars. Plopping him into a classic Pokeball, dropping me to 2 for the batch. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2017, 01:28 PM   #145
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post

As night fell once more on the peaceful Adoption Center, Max and Buddy stood together across the street. Yesterday, the building had it's grand opening, and Arthur had been introduced to the rest of the party. The Deerling seemed to be much more serious than the rest of the party, but didn't seem to mind the rest of their hi-jinks. They would get along, at least, and Max acknowledged that Jade and him were kindred spirits in both of their unending calm.

Buddy, however, had a different set of goals in mind. He liked Arthur too, though mostly because of the flower on his head and the sweet smell. But the Adoption Center introduced him to another Pokemon he wanted to meet again. A Lillipup he had only met for a moment had caught his attention, and he felt bad for the little guy. Buddy was young, but he had learned that captivity was his least favorite thing. The only time he enjoyed the comfort of a Pokeball was when he was asleep. Otherwise, the freedom of spreading his wings and fluttering was a call he had to answer. And Buddy believed that this Lillipup deserved a chance to be free again too.

As such, Buddy had talked to Max about it. The conversation was pretty one sided, considering Buddy wasn't too sure how to talk to other Pokemon. It was essentially Buddy pulling on Max with some interpretive flight and "Cue!" mixed in. Max didn't quite understand what he was doing, but this was the first time Buddy had led him to mischief, so he was happy to come along.

In the silence of the night, Buddy's fluttering wings broke the air as he floated over to the door. Max followed behind, reaching up to the front door and pulling on the handle. Locked, as expected. Buddy tried to push through the door's keyhole, almost believing he was small enough, but he only got his probiscus and a bit of his head in before Max pulled back on him. Max returned to his old tricks, waving his arm back and forth in perfect rhythm, calling forth the random energy of the world like a Metronome.

I actually rolled these just for fun's sake and uh. Nice.

From the air around him, Max conjured up a white baton of energy, holding it in his hand and staring at it confused. He handed it to Buddy, the little bug struggling to grasp it with it's legs. Max returned to his action, and the construct of a wing manifested from his side, made of steel energy. Max swung his arm up and down, trying to shake it off as it eventually broke form and shattered into energy feathers.

Max felt lucky this time, and swung his arm in a slow, methodic motion, mimicking the breeze in the air. Slowly, purple energy manifested around him, swirling upwards and upwards until he was surrounded by the glow. Buddy, panicking for his friend, flew straight into the energy spire as Max and Buddy Teleported a few feet to the left, landing right into the Adoption Center. A small "Cuuuue!" was let out, immediately followed by the world's gentlest highfive between the criminal pair.

Buddy immediately fluttered to the back of the room where he had met the Lillipup before. This time, the pup was soundly asleep, resting his head on his own arms and tucked onto a pillow in the back of the container. The Cutiefly tried to whisper in at him, but to no avail. Max had caught up and started his tails up, hovering up beside Buddy. "Bui! Hey!"

The Lillipup awoke with a start. His eyes darted back and forth before landing on Maxwell. "Lil, Lilipup! Oi, who d'ya think you are, mate?" The pup whispered, moving closer to the cage's doors. "People are trying ta sleep 'round 'ere!" Lillipup plopped down on his rear and cocked his head at Maxwell. "Some people, I swear. No sense of mannahs!" He shook his head, disappointed in the lot before him. Buddy poked once again into view, and the Lillipup shot up.

"Liiil! Oh Buddy! Ya lil git! Thought you'd be outta here for a while, ta say the least!" The Lillipup exclaimed a bit louder than he really needed, before shutting his trap quickly and darting his eyes around the room. "Forgot where I was for a mo' there." He whispered to the two of them with a sheepish grin.

Max shook his head with a smirk on his face. "Funny dude, you are. I'm a friend of Buddy. He just wanted me to break in for you - somethin' about me made him think I'd be good at that. The name's Max." The Buizel explained. Max hopped down off the cage and landed on the floor with a bow. "Now, I'll leave you guys to it. Let me know when you're ready to leave, Bud." Max turned around and hopped up the counter, looking for a bowl of candy or something they had up here.

That night, Buddy talked - or, really, buzzed - to his new friend about life with Jade. About how she didn't have much for a home, but took care of them before anything else. How she would take Buddy and the others out to a local park with the intent to draw but get distracted and just end up playing with them. About what Max told him about how him and her became friends, where Max was just a little guy like Buddy was now and Jade rescued him. About how they were all the closest knit bunch you could find, even with him and Arthur. "Sounds awful nice, Buddy. Congrats mate. Glad you've gots a home like that." The Lillpup said solemnly. Buddy tried to push his head through the cage bars again. This pup was one of the only creatures he had met that could understand him, even with his struggle with speech and quick pace. Buddy buzzed out something along the lines of, "We'll see you tomorrow!" And Lillipup nodded again and smiled, not believing for a second they would come back for him.

But they did. For 6 nights, Buddy and Max snuck in together to the AC, and each time, they hung out with their new Lillipup friend. On one night, they even managed to open the lock and get him outside with them. The Lillipup was free to stretch his legs for a bit longer than they usually let him. Every day, the Lillipup assumed it would be the last day they saw each other. He had a family before, but they left him here in the mess of the past few months. Why should he trust these new friends?

And then, it happened like he had thought. The morning of the 7th night, when the Lillipup had woken up to daylight without his visitors in the darkness, he couldn't help but smile. It was too good to be true, he thought. No friend could stick with him like his old pack. He went through the daily motions of the Adoption Center like any other day. He sat in his cage, trying to sleep the day away, hoping for the night where they'd come back.

The Lillipup heard a faint whisper of someone small and dainty outside of his cage. He didn't particularly feel like opening his eyes. He heard the whir of tails in motion, and suddenly, as clear as day: "Bui! Hey!"

He shot up and looked around to see Max, hovering in front of his cage, Buddy nestled into his head and looking as cheery as ever. Behind them, a girl with her hair tied back and a loose shirt was talking to one of the Adoption Center employees. "You're sure this is the one? There's two around here, so I don't want to mix them up on you." The employee said, flipping through a clipboard she had on her.

"Well, listen to these two, not me. They're the experts." Jade said, gesturing to her Pokemon who were now fiddling with the lock a bit. The Lillipup sprinted to the front of his cage and let out a quick bark of excitement. He tried to lick through the cage, but Max's nose was just a bit too short for him.

A family again, at long last.

---

Adopting this Lv. 1 Male Lillipup with 30 Pokedollars. Plopping him into a classic Pokeball, dropping me to 2 for the batch. Thanks!

Seven days. It's a long time to be alone somewhere. The same four walls. The same food. The same unyielding, soulless schedule. Through the bars, one watches the world move one without them. Other creatures live their lives. They leave. They have families. They have lives. They have loved ones. They taste freedom and excitement and love. Camaraderie. Praise Celebi, that's a sweet thing. Not being alone is a sweet, sweet thing. Knowing someone cares. Knowing someone has your back. Knowing they'll never let you go.

It's been longer than seven days. It's been weeks. Months, maybe. It all blurs together. It never ends. The smiling faces pass by. They coo. They say nice things. They leave. They don't stay. They take someone else with them when they go. Someone else was better and more deserving of their time and love. It becomes easy to get jaded, in a place like this.

Seven days isn't long enough. They come and visit, and it's nice. It really is. It quells the ache inside that says this is what it's going to be like, forever. But it's just seven days. Maybe less. Maybe they forget tomorrow. Maybe it's six days. Maybe it's five days. Maybe it's four. Maybe they find someone else, too. They're good kids. It'd be hard to be mad at them, even if they forget. At least they took the time. At least it was nice while it lasted.

Seven days is plenty of time. They bring a girl with them this time. She's pretty, and she smiles. They can hardly wait to get the door of the cage open for you. The staffer is worried she doesn't have the right one. She has the right one. All it takes is time and patience. Someone is out there, looking out for you. Just give them the chance to prove it.

Seven days. You're finally going home.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Lilipup confirmed.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:43 PM   #146
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Quote:

Lv. 23 (M) Horsea ($390)
TM Blizzard
TM Ice Beam
TM Secret Power
EM Aurora Beam
EM Octazooka
EM Signal Beam
EM Dragon Breath
EM Razor Wind
Adopting this lovely little guy for $390 and putting him in a standard Pokeball.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:47 PM   #147
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55 View Post
Adopting this lovely little guy for $390 and putting him in a standard Pokeball.

Adoption of Lv. 23 (M) Horsea confirmed.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #148
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

A Young Girl's Misadventure at a Rescue Center

Quote:

Welcome to the Adoption Center!
Lv. 01 (F) Seedot (Shiny) ($30)
No special moves.
RP Type Stoofs
Spoiler: show
Amicae was hesitant about walking into the new Adoption Center. The place had been open for weeks, with occasional explosions of activity interspersed through small tricklings of less crowded visits. She hadn't wanted to to come during one of the crowded sessions, but... every time one happened, she figured the place was emptied out. Then the next one happened, then the next. If the place had such an inexhaustible supply of otherwise homeless critters, then perhaps there was still a wide selection for her to choose from.

And so there was. It was simply amazing how much variety there was within the premises, from a bird with feather formations that looked like a hat, to a trio of long-necked mammalian creatures with heads on their tails, to red, bug-eyed bugs with mushrooms growing out their backs, to a floating chunk of blue metal with eyes that made it difficult to tell whether the thing was upside-down or right-side up. "I wonder if Chroma would like that one..." Ami asked nobody in particular. A sudden eerie coo answered her from behind, sending a chill down her back. "Aaeeii-ii!" Not the most graceful of screams, but when are they ever?

At the very least, the puppet-like specter and its fellows (and some sort of cowl with a skull mask?) all thought was pretty funny and busted out laughing and rocking around in the air like a bunch of levitating lunatics. "Glad to know I can make somebody laugh..." Ami muttered as she stalked through the building, her mood officially soured. That didn't exactly last long- a cute little acorn critter sitting all alone beneath a tree. "Oh, hello, cutie. How long have you been here?"

"See, see!" the pokemon replied, bouncing up and down slightly with a concerned look in its eyes.

"Is that so? Well, you don't need to worry anymo-" WHUMP! A sudden weight landed on her back and began squirming around in her backpack. "H-hey! Get out of there!" She swung the pack off her shoulders and around to her front- but her assailant leapt out of it before it reached its destination and zoomed through the air, leaving a trail of sparkling light in its own wake. It was another acorn-like pokemon, darker and redder in hue, somehow balancing her wallet and a dark pokeball on its head as it hurried off, using its feet to keep it spinning on its point to gather speed. "Oh, you're not getting away!" She quickly pulled out another pokeball out of the bag and through it ahead of her, releasing the Water Bubble pokemon within. "Bell, stop that thing with Infestation!"

"Dew, dew!" the dewpider cried out as it charged up multiple orbs of lime green Bug energy- but it was for naught. The Ghost-Typed pokemon from before suddenly materialized before him, shocking him and dispelling his constructs as he fell to the ground in shock. "Seriously?!" Ami scooped up her pokemon and ran past the guffawing specters, determined to get her stuff back from the roundish thief.

"Pidaaa..." Bell moaned, disappointed in his apparent ineptitude. "Don't worry about it. You did your best, and that's what matters. There!" She caught sight of the acorn at last, at... the reception desk? It had tossed her wallet onto the desk and the ball next to it and was looking right at them. "Oh, no no no no no no!" Certain now that it had her attention, it pressed the button on the ball with its foot- and was sucked inside in a surge of violet light. The orb completed all three shakes as she caught up to it, and snapped shut as she slid across the last stretch to snatch it.

Ami picked herself up off the floor, looking at the cyber ball in her hand. "So... I, uh, guess that I'm adopting a, um... whatever this thing is. That's $30, right?"

~ ~ ~

Adopting this sparkly little girl and slipping her into this Violet Cyber Ball, and paying out this here $30. Honestly surprised that she stayed around for so long!

Last edited by Median Dia; 05-30-2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Typo patching. Should be in working order now!
Old 05-30-2017, 09:57 PM   #149
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedMana View Post
RP Type Stoofs
Spoiler: show
Amicae was hesitant about walking into the new Adoption Center. The place had been open for weeks, with occasional explosions of activity interspersed through small tricklings of less crowded visits. She hadn't wanted to to come during one of the crowded sessions, but... every time one happened, she figured the place was emptied out. Then the next one happened, then the next. If the place had such an inexhaustible supply of otherwise homeless critters, then perhaps there was still a wide selection for her to choose from.

And so there was. It was simply amazing how much variety there was within the premises, from a bird with feather formations that looked like a hat, to a trio of long-necked mammalian creatures with heads on their tails, to red, bug-eyed bugs with mushrooms growing out their backs, to a floating chunk of blue metal with eyes that made it difficult to tell whether the thing was upside-down or right-side up. "I wonder if Chroma would like that one..." Ami asked nobody in particular. A sudden eerie coo answered her from behind, sending a chill down her back. "Aaeeii-ii!" Not the most graceful of screams, but when are they ever?

At the very least, the puppet-like specter and its fellows (and some sort of cowl with a skull mask?) all thought was pretty funny and busted out laughing and rocking around in the air like a bunch of levitating lunatics. "Glad to know I can make somebody laugh..." Ami muttered as she stalked through the building, her mood officially soured. That didn't exactly last long- a cute little acorn critter sitting all alone beneath a tree. "Oh, hello, cutie. How long have you been here?"

"See, see!" the pokemon replied, bouncing up and down slightly with a concerned look in its eyes.

"Is that so? Well, you don't need to worry anymo-" WHUMP! A sudden weight landed on her back and began squirming around in her backpack. "H-hey! Get out of there!" She swung the pack off her shoulders and around to her front- but her assailant leapt out of it before it reached its destination and zoomed through the air, leaving a trail of sparkling light in its own wake. It was another acorn-like pokemon, darker and redder in hue, somehow balancing her wallet and a dark pokeball on its head as it hurried off, using its feet to keep it spinning on its point to gather speed. "Oh, you're not getting away!" She quickly pulled out another pokeball out of the bag and through it ahead of her, releasing the Water Bubble pokemon within. "Bell, stop that thing with Infestation!"

"Dew, dew!" the dewpider cried out as it charged up multiple orbs of lime green Bug energy- but it was for naught. The Ghost-Typed pokemon from before suddenly materialized before him, shocking him and dispelling his constructs as he fell to the ground in shock. "Seriously?!" Ami scooped up her pokemon and ran past the guffawing specters, determined to get her stuff back from the roundish thief.

"Pidaaa..." Bell moaned, disappointed in his apparent ineptitude. "Don't worry about it. You did your best, and that's what matters. There!" She caught sight of the acorn at last, at... the reception desk? It had tossed her wallet onto the desk and the ball next to it and was looking right at them. "Oh, no no no no no no!" Certain now that it had her attention, it pressed the button on the ball with its foot- and was sucked inside in a surge of violet light. The orb completed all three shakes as she caught up to it, and snapped shut as she slid across the last stretch to snatch it.

Ami picked herself up off the floor, looking at the cyber ball in her hand. "So... I, uh, guess that I'm adopting a, um... whatever this thing is. That's $30, right?"

~ ~ ~

Adopting this sparkly little girl and slipping her into this Violet Cyber Ball, and paying out this here $30. Honestly surprised that she stayed around for so long!

It's mayhem here. The staffers could have told you that. Not that they would have, of course, because they like to maintain a facade of capability and control. In reality, the Adoption Center is a madhouse, and you're just another poor fool who's wandered inside. So tell me, are you feeling lucky, punk?

It starts with the Ghost-types. See, one cannot put a Ghost-type in a cage, causing mischief as they please. After their little trick on you, they scare the literal pants off of an elderly volunteer cutting grapes up for the birds; in her fright, she steps on the hem of her own slacks and yanks the off her derriere as she stumbles back in terror.

Then it's the outdoor enclosures. Those are the ones that are wilder. Ideally, visitors shouldn't be going out there all willy-nilly, but they do. You do. The staff lets them because they can't really stop them; trainers are hard headed like that. It's fine; that's a good trait to have when you're adventuring across the countryside. Here's where's you meet the real trouble maker. The phantom thief of heart. The one who wouldn't take no for an answer. She wanted a home and by damn, she was going to have it if she had to damn well take it! Which she did -- literally. You call upon your Dewpider to put a stop to this thievery but the ghosts show up against to boo-in your plans.

By the time you catch up to the creature, you see the most bizarre thing you've ever seen -- it catches itself, right there, on the Adoption Center's front counter. The staffer looks bewildered, as do you, but you've resigned yourself to your fate. This... whatever-it-is is now yours.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Shiny Seedot confirmed.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:08 PM   #150
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Spinarak ($30)
No special moves.

Grabbing this little creepy crawler. Paying his Adoption Fee and throwing him into a PokeBall
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records