Jellicent UPN PASBL: Trot Away V GX Prodigy

Trot Away v GX Prodigy
3 vs 3
Siingle Battle
Slapstick
Equiall 1
36 Hr DQ
Switch = KO
Forest: The trees of the Forest arena are fairly densely packed, but this will only restrict the movements of larger Pokemon. The trees will obviously offer some sort of cover for battling Pokemon, and are easily climbable. Flying Pokemon may find navigating the higher reaches of the Forest hard due to the density of the branches. Rocks are easily summonable from the arena, and attacks such as Earthquake and Bulldoze will transmit readily. Setting fire to the surroundings is dissuaded and difficult due to the danger it presents, but entirely possible. This arena is outdoors only.

Lets go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miror
EK keeping up his streak of being the scummiest motherfucker to ever grace mafia games regardless of his actual alignment
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #2
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Eliteknight's on a spree lately! Here we go, GX Prodigy. Let's give it our best, I know I will! Time for the pokemon i'm going to use. Come on out, everyone!

Vira - Oshawott, Female, Level 1 Just show me a target and i'll cut them down. Come on, i'm ready for you!
Bio
Bio: Vira, a well meaning but crude otter who is rather difficult to confront. She may seem to have a no-nonsense mean streak at first, but isn't as bad as she lets on. I think she'd oughta lighten up on that sense of honor! As Starters, she and Kira are tightly knit, and prefer to be treated a certain way. As an "Enforcer", she enjoys upholding order and the sport of putting wrongdoers in their place!

Hidden Power: Dragon

Boinko - Spoink, Male, Level 1 Boing, we should see to things carefully, but that was obvious.
Bio

With a distinct "Boing" everywhere he goes, Boinko always looks forward with a literal bounce in his step. He's friendly enough, but is kind of a know-it-all! He doesn't mean to be rude, but his habit of bouncing in and telling you how something didn't work often irritates the others. Still, it always helps to have somebody spring me along when i'm stuck!

Hidden Power: Dark

Taffy - Goomy, Male, Level 1 I can stick to things if you need me. I can give opponents the slip, too!
Bio/Signature
Bio: This fellow was found in some wetlands where the ground there was thickest and most wet. I was wandering about where he plopped onto my head and surprised me quite so! After which he just stuck with me, in more ways than one! This pliable playhouse prefers to be perky. Though it doesn't take much to have his feelings hurt, and tends to throw a fit here and there whenever he doesn't get his way...He may be a little soft-hearted(and really soft-bodied), but I don't really mind! Although things obviously get messy when he gets affectionate...

Signature Tech: Speaking of, he sure loves to cause trouble with his special slime. He's been giving off much stronger secretions than usual lately, it makes a huge mess of my house like you'd never believe! Not to mention he's been very physically active, playfully making slick escapes and giving my friends the slip. We're unsure of how he's been getting so slippery, it probably might have something to do with being exposed to some oils on a trip. Either way, he's not as sluggish as you expect a pokemon like him would be anymore, in fact, quite the opposite!

Special Training: Slippery Skates (Various)
Thanks to extra layers of his slime lining his membrane, Taffy is considerably quicker and agile than typically seen from his species. Additionally, moving around will leave sticky slime trails that, if crossed, will halt the movements of most pokemon who are not surefooted or wet and slimy. He also seems to have picked up new moves at his disposal; namely Aqua Jet, Rapid Spin, Flame Charge, Quick Guard, and Fake Out. However, he won't use Outrage or Blizzard, as he seems to dislike that for some reason. As a Goodra, he won't use Focus Punch or Giga Impact either because those moves try his patience too.

Hidden Power: Fairy

Chillpaw - Cubchoo, Male, Level 1 Isn't it a bit stuffy out here...Huh? It's just me? *Sniff*
Bio
Bio: As commonplace for his kind, Chillpaw's nose is always frozen. Even though he's fine with it, I can't help but worry about him when he sniffs and sneezes. I have to get it in my head that this is a habit and not a problem...Though it's hard to do so whenever he lets out a big snort or sneeze. And don't get me started on the mess that's made on a noticeably bad day...

Hidden Power: Fighting

Highfly - Emolga, Male, Level 1 I'll take to the trees and catch them by surprise! Or something like that...I'll think while I go along!
Bio

Bio: Highfly is a free spirit with wicked levels of enthusiasm. He's always open to try new things and adores gliding on the wind. He can be a Jack-of-Trades when he wants to, but he's rather naive and has alot to learn about the world around him.

Hidden Power: Ice

Runia - Shiny Vulpix, Female, Level 1 As a forest dweller myself, I for one am elated!
Bio/Signature
Bio: This Fairweather Fox is also a little odd. Especially since I found her when I got lost in a deep forest. She just up and greeted me with a sultry smile on her face. Her and her oddly colored tails were very wanting when I encountered her...it was that they just wanted to talk. I was relieved and we had a chit-chat. Turns out that all the pokemon in her freaky forest are special, and she was pretty up there when it comes to being familiar with nature! But she wanted more, to see new places, see new creatures, and discover things beyond the woods! Before I could leave, she asked one more thing: If I could take her with me. I gladly agreed, and we trotted along out the woods together. She is generally gentle to everyone, but is one heck of a tree-hugger. Be careful if you're planning to dig out a flowerbed or something...
Signature Tech: Runia is unlike most Vulpix, it's no surprise when you've spent so long in a special forest. She brags that residing so long in her enchanted habitat has altered her affinity, and given her new powers to boot! But one time when I was getting rid of some weeds, I got set upon with fireballs by that fox! Thinking they were useful plants, she knocked me out of the way and planted them back, ruining my hard work! I noticed that the fire she attacked me with didn't seem to burn any natural foliage...is that another result of her alterations? After I explained what I was doing, she was a little embarrassed. It didn't occur to me that she was so fangirlish over flora...
Special Training: Nature-Lover with a Heart of Fire!(Fire/Grass)
Runia is now a Fire/Grass Type, with all the related Weaknesses and resistances. Adaptations from her forest had given her new moves at her disposal. Namely Magical Leaf, Synthesis, Bullet Seed, and Forest's Curse (Although she can only use the last item mentioned once in a battle). Additionally, her Fire attacks are enchanted and will not bring harm to things from more natural environments such as trees or flowers. (They will still work normally on objects and structures created by [or even part of]another pokemon).

Her serene attitude seems to have dulled her deceptive talents, so such moves will work as normally as any pokemon. She also never learned Overheat, Will-O-Wisp, Fire Blast, or Foul Play

Hidden Power: Ice

And I think that's everyone, now to stand by. I'll just be climbing a tree if you need me...
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
GX Prodigy
Cascade Badge

Comments from the Squad

"Alright! Time to face off against Trot Away. Goodness gracious his squad is pretty versatile, who's going to step up in this match?
"Tsk, you're going to need me in this match; I can feel it. You'd better give me some sensible orders or I'm disobeying you without hesitation."
"IMPETUS, SHOW SOME RESPECT TO GX! I got your back GX. Unlike Impetus I'm not going to disobey and I'm ready to rumble! *whirs arms* Let's go!
*sigh* *floats slowly in front of GX* "...I would like to fight in this match," *grins creepily* "but only if I get to toy with my opponent!"
Alright that's three. Now I just need three more. Dread that condition may or may not be met and Impetus, I'm a guy who likes to live wild and free. In this match, given that you're chosen,you're going to be having too much fun to even think about disobeying!" *smiles*
""....Darn..."
*shakes his head* "Tsk, GX you're too naive sometimes."
"Alright, I'll just be making my way into the ring. I'll be the champ of my match and pave a way for my teammates!"
"I'll flood my opponent with so much power that they won't even be given the chance to attack. I can win my battles and I will win my battles!
"I am here. No one can stand before me and win. I am royalty. I am powerful. Anyone who wishes to say otherwise must beat me. My dominance is unlike any other and my battle will show that."

Impetus the level 2 male Cranidos (Uplevel)
Bio: Coming Soon
Sig: Coming Soon
Hidden Power: Coming Soon
Item: None

Bolt the level 1 male Elekid

Dread the level 1 male Duskull
Sig:Coming Soon

Ares the level 1 male Machop
Bio:Coming Soon
Hidden Power: Cooming Soon

Flood the level 1 male Totodile

Alpha the level 1 male Axew

"Trot, I'll be starting off with Bolt!"
*whirs arms* "Let's get this party started!"
Old 05-30-2016, 04:04 PM   #4
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Your company sure is lively. Now i'm REALLY sure that battling you will be pretty swell! So Bolt is up first, huh? He sure looks rowdy, that's for sure!

Hmm...*He wobbles intently*

Huh? What's up, Taffy? You need something?

Trot...I wanna take 'em on!

Huh? Are you sure, buddy? I haveta warn you it's not going to be easy.

Please? I'm squishy so I can take some attacks better than the others. I won't let him get the best of me!

Aww, how can I say no to that stretchy little face of yours? Ok, let's do this.

You'd better not get too close, quickly slither yourself up a tree while you toast them with Dragon Breath!

Gotta go go gooo!

Keep going until you're pretty high up. Try to snipe them with Dragon Pulse while you're at it!

Last edited by Trot Away; 05-30-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
GX Prodigy
Cascade Badge

"Oh no you don't! Bolt we're stopping this from the get-go. First you gotta limit it's movements by shooting out a Web filled with Electronic capabilities!!
"Great thinking, GX! Then I'll give it some Iced medicine in the form of a Punch
Old 06-02-2016, 02:20 PM   #6
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 1: And the Forest will echo with laughter

The two trainers walk into the forest letting their first pokemon out both raring to go.

From Trot: Taffy the Goomy a personal favourite of Trots!
Quote:
Goomy (Dragon): Goomy are slow and slimy, but also rather soft and squishy, taking 90% damage from physical attacks. Their body is amorphous, allowing them to move across the ground by oozing or slithering, as well as making them hard to grasp. Being natural swamp dwellers, they are more comfortable in wet environments.

[Dragon]: Dragon-types tend to be strong swimmers and fliers, though they are not always as agile as other Pokémon. They fight more enthusiastically in warm climates but are less enthusiastic in colder ones. They radiate warmth from their core, and are slightly more resistant to chilling effects than other Pokemon. They are naturally very powerful Pokemon and their Dragon type attacks will have a stronger knockback than normal, but will deal no extra damage because of this.
From GX the spunky little Elekid named Bolt

Quote:
Elekid (Electric): Elekid are able to recharge themselves more efficiently than other Electric types and, whenever they use only one attack in a round, they will automatically recover moderate energy at the end of the round. They are easier to anger than most Pokémon. They are resistant to moves which induce sleep or drowsiness and will recover more quickly from these conditions. All baby Pokémon's techniques that are based on cuteness (such as Charm, Attract, Sweet Kiss, etc) are slightly more effective.

[Electric]: Electric types are resistant to paralysis inflicted by Electric-type moves, though they may be paralysed as normal by other methods. Electric types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. They have a high degree of control over their Electric type attacks, and as such they will suffer less from attempts to redirect them.
Taffy and Bolt look upon each other both ready to jump into action as the referee blows his whistle the two simultaneously attack each other. Bolt creating a web of electric and bug energy sending it at his foe however Taffy is prepared unleashing some dragons fire searing through the webbing and striking Bolt whom remains unburnt by the breath of the small dragon. Taffy retreating towards the tree just behind him.

Bolt rushes forwards his fist coated in ice energy seeing Taffy climbing the tree slowly his fist collides with the small ice dragon. Taffy growls at Bolt the pain caused by the super effective ice energy. Taffy re adjusts launching a pulse of dragon energy the pulse sending Bolt back knocking him over the Elekid landing on his back several feet back from the tree. Taffy continues to climb till he reaches roughly 6 feet in height onto the tree balancing on a large branch.

Summary:
Both combatants took damage, sitting comfortably in their first thirds. Bolt used a third of his bug energy and slightly more of his ice.

Quote:
EK keeping up his streak of being the scummiest motherfucker to ever grace mafia games regardless of his actual alignment
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:12 PM   #7
GX Prodigy
Cascade Badge

Swagger at Taffy to force it to attack you!"
"Then I'm going to send a concentrated Thunder Wave at Taffy!
"If for whatever reason you find yourself unable to use thunder wave, send a Swift at Taffy and more importantly the branch to try and break it to send Taffy falling to the ground.
"Got it!
Old 06-02-2016, 05:07 PM   #8
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

*Wobble* That was so mean...!

You can say that again! Soft body or not, Ice still hurts! Hm? what's Bolt up to now?

He...H-Hey, s-stop teasing me! If you don't stop it i'll...i'll...Oooh!

Now you've done it, you won't like Taffy when he's angry...*Grins* Taffy, show him just what we mean by flooding him with your Muddy Water!

You bully, i'll slime you good!

Get away from Thunder Wave with a slick Aqua Jet, race down the tree and slam him for all it's worth!

Last edited by Trot Away; 06-02-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #9
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 2:

Bolt looks up at Taffy his foe hiding in the tree staying out of his physical range. He begins to walk side to side showing off his swagger. The movement annoying Taffy, increasing his attack. However Taffy had no intent on playing defensive gathering ground and water energy Taffy sends the energy in the form of a muddy wave of water. The brown water washing over Bolt whom gets some of the mud in his right eye. He stands up looking for his foe in the tree.

Taffy laughs knowing his foe will be slightly disoriented being able to only see clearly from one eye due to the mud in his eye. However Taffy doesn't let his guard down as Bolt channels a stream of electric energy sending it towards Taffy in the tree. But once again Taffy is prepared rocketing forwards using water energy to propel him like a jet plane the aquatic Jet crashes into Bolt sending him backwards as well as avoiding the thunder wave entirely.

Summary:
Bolt took a large hit dropping into the second third. Taffy went unharmed. He is no longer under the effects of swagger but the attack increase remains. Water is 2/3rds gone. Ground is roughly at half

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:53 PM   #10
GX Prodigy
Cascade Badge

Taffy completely dodged Thunder Wave? Wouldn't Bolt, being an electric type, have more control over directing his Thunder Wave and at least give partial paralysis? Not questioning the round or anything I just want an explanation.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #11
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Mud in the eye distorts vision preventing him from seeing clearly and concentrating which prevented him from being able to redirect it properly.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #12
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Don't say I didn't warn you! *Squishes proudly*

Way to knock him down a peg! Let's pick up the pace, by picking up yours with a Flame Charge right into him!

I'm a plushy purple powerhouse, I can be just as rowdy as you!

Boy, he brightened up real quick...Listen, don't let your guard down for a second. Deliver a cheerful Return and pummel him further!
Old 06-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #13
GX Prodigy
Cascade Badge

"WHOOO! It's time to truly become wild and free! Bolt, it's time to regain our lead!"
*chuckles* "Those are some pretty weak attacks. I'm just going to put up a Barrier and tank those attacks."
"I'm liking that idea a lot! You know we have to conclude big right?! What are you going to finish with?!"
*whirs his arms rapidly* "I'm repaying him back big time and taking advantage of his orders. He wants to get up close and personal with me?! That's what he's going to get! As soon as he finishes that return, I'm launching a point-blank ZAP CANNON!"
*chuckles* "I'm truly loving this match!"

Last edited by GX Prodigy; 06-03-2016 at 06:55 PM.
GX Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #14
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 3:

Bolt backs away from Taffy creating a barrier of psychic energy the thin pink barrier prepared to block any incoming attacks. Taffy seeing the barrier erected in front of him rushes forwards engulfing himself in flames colliding with the Barrier. Taffy's speed increases slightly due to the speed of his attack.

Taffy a little unhappy with the barrier being in front of him rushes forwards the barrier colliding with it returning the happiness he has in order to crush the barrier destroying it in the process. Bolt chuckles as his foe shatters the barrier gathering energy sending a cannon of electrical energy zapping Taffy paralysing the Goomy.

Summary:
Taffy is the only one to take damage still sitting midway through the first third. Bolt used half his psychic energy. He is panting

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #15
GX Prodigy
Cascade Badge

So the previous Ice punch and Zap Cannon wasn't enough to push him into his second third?
Old 06-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #16
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Zap cannon is resisted, ice punch may be SE but due to goomy's SC he takes resisted damage from Physical attacks. Which puts him just past halfway through the first third

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:58 PM   #17
GX Prodigy
Cascade Badge

(Dang only halfway?!?!? that's like nothing lol. The SC says that Goomy only takes 10% less which isn't that significant)

"That's one tough cookie, dang! We just gotta slowly chip away at it's health. Immediately shoot a Toxic at it and then stay evasive.
"Take that full body paralysis." *sticks out tongue*

Last edited by GX Prodigy; 06-05-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #18
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

First third is 2HB a single ice punch when SE without the SC reduction is just under halfway

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #19
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(Never underestimate latent bonuses, they can make more of a difference then they let on!)

N-no fair! Ooomph, i'm stuck...

Yaaah?! This is bad! That's going to be trouble...Try Flame Charge again, maybe it'll loosen up the paralysis enough for you to break free? If you are able to move enough, try an attack he can't escape from easily, some more Muddy Water will flush him out!

Gotta...get...un-stuck...
Old 06-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #20
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 4:

Bolt walks around his foe, gathering a glob of toxins in his mouth he spits them onto Taffy whom unhappily has them absorb into him and begin gathering into his blood stream. Taffy heavily paralyzed from the zap cannon of the previous round is unable to concentrate enough to charge at his foe in flames. However he does manage to summon some muddy water which washes the smirk off of Bolts face being widespread enough to prevent the Elekid from evading the super effective hit.

Summary:
Bolt took a large hit dropping just below the midpoint. Both are good for two. Taffy has no water energy and basicly no ground energy left. Toxic will start up next round

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #21
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Oogh, now i'm all queasy...*Wobbles worriedly*

Gosh, that can't be good...but at least we managed to hit 'em hard! Keep trying to loosen up while keeping up our offense, try blasting 'em with Dragon Pulse!

It's no use...i'm still feeling...pretty glued! >.<

You can't give up now, keep a brave Facade and pound him for paralyzing you! If you can, of course...
Old 06-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #22
GX Prodigy
Cascade Badge

"We're in quite the pickle. How will we close the gap?"
"Quite the pickle indeed." *sigh* "We gotta go all out now. Mimic the Dragon Pulse, then Counter the Facade and show him the power of the Dragon Pulse you just picked up!"

**3 mover confirmed**

Last edited by GX Prodigy; 06-08-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:06 PM   #23
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

GX, you can only switch one move in a conditional

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:23 PM   #24
GX Prodigy
Cascade Badge

Edit made
Old 06-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #25
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 5:

Taffy looks upon Bolt the spunky Elekid gathering dragon type energy the small dragon fires a pulse of energy striking into Bolt sending him flying back from the sheer force behind the Goomy's attack! Bolt instead of retaliating he focuses his energy into learning the dragon based technique of his foe! Taffy realizing his foe has a plan to use his own power against him rushes forwards colliding into his foe with great strength for the tiny attacking his foe through a facade Taffy notices too late his foe is glowing red! Bolt counters Taffy hitting him with double the force behind the Facade the squishy little dragon is forced back by the attack. Bolt however isn't done sending a pulse of dragon energy at Taffy the pulse strikes into Taffy whom is pushed back slightly by the attack. Taffy shivers as the toxins take hold.

Summary:
Bolt has entered the final third. Taffy past the midpoint. Bolt used a ton of energy this round and is panting. Taffy is panting lightly. Bolt is nearing the final third of energy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL