UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 12-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
deoxys
Fog Badge

Shiny Values (Pokemon XY)

For those of you who don't know what this is about, an explanation here.

Long story short, each trainer has a "Shiny Value", a 4 digit number that goes somewhere upwards of 4000-ish. Each Pokemon ALSO has a Shiny Value. If your trainer shiny value is the same as an egg or wild Pokemon's shiny value, that Pokemon will be a shiny.

There is an entire community on reddit dedicated to hatching eggs for each other/giving away eggs (usually with good IVs) to trainers who have matching SV numbers to their eggs.

Basically, the program on the smogon link above will scan any Pokemon or eggs you have when you "show" them in a trade and will tell you all of their IVs, moves, and their Shiny Value. If you have a whole bunch of eggs to check, you can copy all of them (what Pokemon/Gender/IVs/Ability/Nature/Shiny Value) to a clipboard and then share the list with others to see if their Shiny Value matches any of the eggs you have. If you then give them that egg, it will hatch as a shiny.

That being said, I was hoping we could start a thing around here where we can share our Shiny Values and help each other out if need be. I'm willing to hatch eggs for anyone who has a Pokemon with my Shiny Value and then trade it back to them, and I hope anyone interested would offer to do the same.

My shiny value is 3829. If you guys are interested, maybe we can share SVs and help each other out. Just an idea.

Anyway yeah. Check it out if your interested. It's almost a bit sad how easy it is to get shinies with this method haha.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

All that stuff is lost on me, but if anyone wants to check mine, let me know what you need (egg or capture).
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

The software seems to have installed properly... I just need someone to trade with, which I won't have until this evening. I'd love to be a part of this~ I'm actually trying to hatch a shiny Gastly right now.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
deoxys
Fog Badge

I'd be willing to do a trade with you tonight for you to record all of the info you need, I'm just not sure what time I will be able to because I have somewhere to be for a few hours between 6 and 10 or so. Just give me a heads up at some point if no one else does. Also, Gastly is a very commonly given away Pokemon on the SVExchange subreddit, so you can always check if your SV matches any there, too!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Emp
Volcano Badge

Will this work on UPN? There's around 20 members in our X and Y community so what does that make the odds of getting a shiny? About 1 in 200? Those are good odds but I'd like it to be lower to improve the chances of a flawless mon and reduce the amount of eggs I'd have to fill my boxes with.

If anyone needs to breed for a genderless pokemon I have a Ditto with perfect IVs in everything but attack and special attack but I only trust loaning it to a UPN veteran

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

i needed to check my sv
please help

UPN PASBL
Zekrom25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
My Shiny Value is 2492.

I feel these should be edited into the first post for quick reference.

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Balmund was able to help me out. The software works great! Hopefully, once my laptop is fixed, I can download it there as well and offer to check SVs for others, too.

Marion Ette's SV: 839
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
I've got the software, but Instacheck itself doesn't seem to want to scan for my game. So if someone could be kind and help me find out mine, I'd be really grateful because... hey, Wynaut?

edit: Thanks, Marion!
So guys, my Shiny Value is 2773. Hook me up if you want something that sparkles~

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 12-12-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #10
deoxys
Fog Badge

Heads up, the new update to XY disables instacheck. Lol... sooo this method is dead now.

Fantastic.

Last edited by deoxys; 12-13-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #11
Emp
Volcano Badge

Lol, great timing with the thread Deo :P Is the update forced? I still haven't even updated the Lumiouse Save Patch.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 12-13-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #12
deoxys
Fog Badge

I know right? Yeah, it's a forced update. Looks like there is another method in the works that uses Spinda to check PSVs somehow. I don't know. I'm just kinda like... wow. The day I make the thread, the day Nintendo puts the kabash on this whole thing. Mannn....
Old 12-13-2013, 04:46 AM   #13
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I know right? Yeah, it's a forced update. Looks like there is another method in the works that uses Spinda to check PSVs somehow. I don't know. I'm just kinda like... wow. The day I make the thread, the day Nintendo puts the kabash on this whole thing. Mannn....
I know, right? The day I finally crack and learn my own TSV is the day it has become all but redundant D:

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #14
Zekrom25
Cascade Badge

i never found out my shiny value yet

UPN PASBL
Zekrom25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
Emp
Volcano Badge

This is a bit mean spirited but I actually just remembered some guy on Smogon acting all smug because he'd bought an extra 3DS to check his eggs easily. I actually laughed out loud.

In all seriousness though it did us a lot more good by stopping that group of people who were analysing battles. Regular updates also makes me think the chances of some episodic content more likely in between X & Y and Z

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #16
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Yeah I was big into the whole Instacheck thing about a week ago and still have four boxes full of potential shiny hatches. Shame that they patched it for trading but it's better that the Battle Analyzer got shut down (that shit is unquestionably cheating).

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON