Raikou - Sabretooth Tiger
Entei - Lion
Suicune - some shit
Old 08-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #12552
Takeo
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

Um, but you just listed Growlithe yourself, which is a Fire-type. ^^; Was it ever confirmed they didn't become elemental until they were reincarnated?
I know ^^; but looking at the pokemon list, Growlithe looked alot more like Entie then any other. It goes along with the story, they are said to embody the three events that happened to the tower: the lightning that struck the tower, the fire that burned in the tower, and the winds and rain that put it out.

I'd honestly hate to be embodied by the 2 things that killed them...
Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #12553
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I know ^^; but looking at the pokemon list, Growlithe looked alot more like Entie then any other. It goes along with the story, they are said to embody the three events that happened to the tower: the lightning that struck the tower, the fire that burned in the tower, and the winds and rain that put it out.

I'd honestly hate to be embodied by the 2 things that killed them...
Oh, really? I never knew that part. =O

I actually planned to write a fanfic using my original theory as part of my "Life of a Legend" one-shot series. ...I also had a crazy idea that Vaporeon originally belonged to Eusine, which is why he was so obsessed with tracking down Suicune. Would've been incorporated into a main chapter fic, but that plotline is long since scrapped. ^^;
Old 08-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #12554
Takeo
Boulder Badge

Quote:

Oh, really? I never knew that part. =O

I actually planned to write a fanfic using my original theory as part of my "Life of a Legend" one-shot series. ...I also had a crazy idea that Vaporeon originally belonged to Eusine, which is why he was so obsessed with tracking down Suicune. Would've been incorporated into a main chapter fic, but that plotline is long since scrapped. ^^;
Do you have any fanfic's published?

I've written a few but then destroyed most because I wasn't to proud of them, I made a fan fic of my trainer about 2 years ago, he ventured from the island he grew up in, in search of big foot!

I've also written a 'Psych' fanfic if you have ever watched that show.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #12555
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Do you have any fanfic's published?

I've written a few but then destroyed most because I wasn't to proud of them, I made a fan fic of my trainer about 2 years ago, he ventured from the island he grew up in, in search of big foot!

I've also written a 'Psych' fanfic if you have ever watched that show.
I have one - two technically - on UPN. You can find both in my Visionary Glade thread. The first is the only one I'm really proud of, which I also posted in the Fanart & Fanfiction Forum.

There are also a few more floating around SPPf, but they're really old and embarassing. ^^; Well, except maybe one. Good luck finding them though, I refuse to link to any. XP

Ooh, Psych. I started watching the show recently, 'tis quite amusing. =3

I do also have a fanfiction.net account, where I published the beginning to a Haruhi x Itsuki shipping fanfic for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. ^^; Never made any progress past the prologue though. And no, I'm definitely not linking it. >_>;
Old 08-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #12556
Takeo
Boulder Badge

Quote:
There are also a few more floating around SPPf, but they're really old and embarassing. ^^; Well, except maybe one. Good luck finding them though, I refuse to link to any. XP

I do also have a fanfiction.net account, where I published the beginning to a Haruhi x Itsuki shipping fanfic for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. ^^; Never made any progress past the prologue though. And no, I'm definitely not linking it. >_>;
Challenge accepted !!!! > muwahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
I don't believe anyone answered my previous question, by the way- has anyone actually ever had a Shadow Pokemon purified?
Lol your question was ignored again, even though I haven't and the Chances of getting one are low, I wouldn't. Why would anyone want to purity their Pokemon, they would just become ordinary like their many counterparts at least a shadow Pokemon is special, maybe more so then a shiny.

Last edited by Takeo; 08-29-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #12557
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Happy birthday Queen Tess! Here's a bubble cake. Cause, y'know. Fizzy Bubbles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 AM   #12558
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

I always thought it came down to Suicune being a wolf, Raikou a tiger and Entei a lion, since those are perhaps the three most "famous" predators on land... Never did think too much about it though, since that trio is one of my least favourites.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #12559
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

I guess I'll jump in the wagon and wish happy b-day to Tess! ^^

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #12560
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Happy birthday Queen Tess! Here's a bubble cake. Cause, y'know. Fizzy Bubbles.
hehehe, that is really clever ^^.

Thank ya'll for the birthday wishes, tis much appreciated. Marion, you always manage to find awesome Pokémon piccies, how do you do it? :p

Despite being at work I've had a good day, the psychs I work with spoiled me rotten despite the fact I kept my birthday quiet. Pressies and cake were awaiting me and we all had a really nice day.

Then home time came as did family and a dinner of sushi with more sushi and just a bit more sushi (love that softshell crab). BEST BIRTHDAY DINNER EVER topped off with CHEESECAKE!

The cutest part was Samantha bringing me presents then sitting down in front of me and ripping them open. She enjoyed "her" presents, hehehe. The little cutie :p

It's not even 11pm and I'm exhausted *feels so old* Might go to bed and play wif mah new Ipad. I've not had one before, must start jailbreaking it examining it
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #12561
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
You should probably go to your base and play with your Houndoom too since it's also her birthday! (3

Poochyena day isn't all that far off either... Laika can't wait! *sees him run around in a circle*

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #12562
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
Poochyena day isn't all that far off either... Laika can't wait! *sees him run around in a circle*
Oh, yeah, that's right. Sirius can't wait, either. Well, at least the two of them got that game of tag going on in the bar to pass the time, right?
Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #12563
ChaoticHell83
Boulder Badge

Kind of a stupid question, and maybe I'm not supposed to ask it here but, how does using a Potion in a trainer battle work? Do I just say I'm using it on my 'mon, then order an attack, or two? Or do I get no attacks?

Tried PMing someone about it but... I don't know, I guess something is wrong with my PM system.

On a happier, and unrelated note; Happy Birthday Tess! Late again with the happy Birthday, haha.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #12564
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

You would indicate that you are using it, then link to where you obtained the potion. Most updators allow using a potion to take the place of one attack.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #12565
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Say that you're going to use it, then you can order one or two attacks.

EDIT: Accelgor'd!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #12566
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Oh, yeah, that's right. Sirius can't wait, either. Well, at least the two of them got that game of tag going on in the bar to pass the time, right?
You guys forgot about Max? :P Well I have to admit I haven't been updating it, mostly because I am completely lost and confused in this huge wall of text X_X

Anyhow, it'll be his first birthday! Yay! Will be very helpful for myself too, since he's my starter and I'm (kinda) still newish in FB (although it feels like I've been here forever, lol)

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
Old 08-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #12567
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I have a Slugma up for trade. If anyone needs one for a shard quest or if anyone would like to have Slugma on their team, now's the time to ask. He heads off to the Adoption Center this coming Monday/Tuesday.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #12568
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post

I have a Slugma up for trade. If anyone needs one for a shard quest or if anyone would like to have Slugma on their team, now's the time to ask. He heads off to the Adoption Center this coming Monday/Tuesday.
WHIMAGE.

Must resist. Must resist. RESIST~!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #12569
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

Man, I had an awesome Magcargo in one of my Ruby/Sapphire runs. It was awesome and actually helped me get through the elite 4 even though Magcargo are supposed to be kind of crappy.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #12570
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Does anybody know where the "pokemon can learn any TM" rule came from, what was the reasoning?
Because, at least in theory, it seems like it would do more harm than good, since not everyone agrees on what moves a pokemon "should" be able to use, and I can imagine it causing problems in trainer battles or with conflicting opinions between a player and an updator...
Old 08-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #12571
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
Does anybody know where the "pokemon can learn any TM" rule came from, what was the reasoning?
Because, at least in theory, it seems like it would do more harm than good, since not everyone agrees on what moves a pokemon "should" be able to use, and I can imagine it causing problems in trainer battles or with conflicting opinions between a player and an updator...
I believe it mostly had to do with compatibility for old TM's and new Pokémon. The rule was placed so that if you felt that, say, Metang could feasably learn Teleport if the TM was still in place in its gen, then now you certainly can! That said, one should always be reasonable when teaching such move to one's Pokémon. Thunderpunching Qwilfish, for instance, is kinda silly. Then again, the game does naturally present silly stuff like Flying Dodrio. You remember the animation for it in Stadium? I always get a kick out of that. The point is, given stuff like that, at what point is a move too unreasonable for a Pokémon? Opinions on that varies from player to player. If one has issues with the "updater discretion" thing, one could always PM him/her about a particular move in advance before you end up facepalming later.

::FB::WF::
Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #12572
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
I think the idea behind the rule was that influential people in FB liked certain creatures whose movepools were insanely poor so of course they would make this rule to empower those creatures. The rule's been reinforced over time as more and more members delight in raising Pokemon who are terrible in the games but can be quite incredible here in FB where they have access to so many TMs. Your point about conflicts between an updator and an updatee regarding whether a move should be usable or not is a good one but I don't think it would override the merits of allowing poorer Pokémon to thrive in FB. Basically, I think it comes back to the cultural climate. "FB isn't trying to be like the games," I can hear someone saying, "It's a fun haven for people who have always loved a particular creature who was terrible in the games." You don't get that as much in the ASB (where there still appear to be creature tiers) or in the real video games (where there are most definitely creature tiers), so FB is kind of the only game of its kind afaik where you can successfully play with your favorite Pokémon when your favorite happens to be really, really bad in the games.

If you don't like this rule's effect on trainer battles, then one thing you can opt to do is to request matches where the opponent agrees to use only those moves their Pokemon can legally learn in the games. This removes the problem entirely.

If you don't like this rule's effect in zones, well, it shouldn't really concern you either way. ^^; 'Cause your zone adventures pretty much have next to no impact on others' zone adventures. Sure, we talk about updators doing some marginal crossover here or there but for the most part no updator is ever going to require you to use a move your Pokémon doesn't already know. So if you're like myself and you strictly teach your Pokémon only those moves which they can legally learn in the games, the updator is going to work with your available movepool anyway and not create puzzles for you to solve which require the use of moves your Pokémon doesn't have.

To be perfectly honest though, there are a lot of moves which Pokémon can legally learn but which make no sense for them to be able to use. A lot of this comes back to the video games where GameFreak has attempted to please fans of various monsters by giving those monsters access to moves which make them competitively viable. For instance, Houndoom has SolarBeam with which to theoretically keep Water-types and Ground-types at bay. But does it really make sense for any non-Grass-type Pokémon to be able to use the most powerful Grass-type attack in Generations 1 and 2? A move which is clearly grounded in photosynthesis? Not really. And yet I don't think any ref or updator here would have Houndoom fail if he attempted to use SolarBeam: 'cause I don't think anyone would dare rule against the games' movepools. ^^; I might be tempted to, and damn the consequences. But then like you've pointed out I'd be inviting a hell of a lot of friction between myself and the updatee of mine who'd feel he/she's been cheated.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #12573
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I think the idea behind the rule was that influential people in FB liked certain creatures whose movepools were insanely poor so of course they would make this rule to empower those creatures. The rule's been reinforced over time as more and more members delight in raising Pokemon who are terrible in the games but can be quite incredible here in FB where they have access to so many TMs.
Custard and Bobble say hi (Haruki too if you want to include him). Kinda ironic the first two Pokémon I got in FB were the ones with the most limited movepools. XP

Generally I try to teach my 'mons moves that would make sense given their Typing, though occasionally there are some I choose because it fits their personality. I always wanted to teach Chikorita WISH (and other celestial moves) because I associate the line with stars, and while it's not a TM per se, I got my chance during a special event. <3 Hermes I'm pretty much loading with everything since he's a heavenly warrior who shall smite all in his path. X3

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 08-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #12574
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

We actually were just talking about this with tau today. For the record, he hasn't played Pokémon since Red/Blue/Yellow, so lots of things are new.

"Meowth can learn Aerial Ace? o.O"
"So can Diglett."
"...what?!"

And I can see how that makes absolutely no sense. But even the anime has caught up with these oddities: Beartic using Aerial Ace (I personally laughed through that bit) and Pansear being taught SolarBeam, for example.

The latter seemed to be more about willpower than little things like laws of physics...but we all know that Japan loves it when willpower beats laws of physics.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #12575
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
I can imagine it causing problems in trainer battles or with conflicting opinions between a player and an updator...
In Zones and Battles, moves that Pokemon can't learn in games but have thanks to TM takes more energy than usual, so it all balances out really.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out