Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #25051
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
And THAT sound you hear is me actually vomiting in rage (Granted, I'm not well today at all). WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SICK EXPLOITATION IS THAT!?
That, my friend, is the society we live in these days. The media create what the masses want to see.
And if I may give my opinion of the fast majority of the masses...

Spoiler: show

Old 02-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #25052
Toyo
hail

Sometimes I pretend that I'm an alien so that I can say I'm not like the humans.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #25053
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
Sometimes I pretend that I'm an alien so that I can say I'm not like the humans.
This makes me think of:

BORKED
link

So if you haven't read the books or seen the TV series, maaaaaaybe you should. You might enjoy it.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #25054
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
This makes me think of:

BORKED
link

So if you haven't read the books or seen the TV series, maaaaaaybe you should. You might enjoy it.
That's the best anime-plugging I've seen in a while.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #25055
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
>Haruhi dance
Watching this again while wearing headphones somehow made it even more magical.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #25056
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

>Haruhi

Hard to believe it has been over 8 years since McSweeney exposed us the first episode.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #25057
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Wow that reminds me I still need to finish reading Haruhi. I think I'll go do that right now!

Watch me forget to post in FB again this week... :V

*munch munch* | FB Profile
Old 02-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #25058
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosuser View Post
Wow that reminds me I still need to finish reading Haruhi. I think I'll go do that right now!

Watch me forget to post in FB again this week... :V
We still need to watch the second season, and then the movie. Summer stream agogo? (ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT)
Old 02-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #25059
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

We still need to watch the second season, and then the movie. Summer stream agogo? (ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT ENDLESS EIGHT)
Have a drink every time Haruhi has a time loop episode.

Our livers will not survive.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #25060
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
I thought it was the Chinese New Year...and why is it this time of year anyway? And should FB celebrate that, too? :3
Amethyst, Seshiro, and Shisato all agree with this since it's their year! *nods*

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #25061
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Sometimes I wonder if Talon has a future in animé advertising :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #25062
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Heh, maybe Talon should try working for FUNimation...

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 02-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #25063
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Looking to update one additional person in the FFA Zone. Things I would be interested in updating you on include:
  • a 1001 Nights-themed adventure. (It can be one with a charted skeleton adventure in mind that lines up with an authentic tale from the 1001 Nights, like I am doing with Yuki's, or it can be more freeform where we just play things very much so by ear and your adventures may not fit any one particular tale but will still be colored by the sights, smells, and sounds of the Middle Ages Caliphate.)
  • a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon-style adventure. The star of said adventure can be either you (turned into a Pokémon) or one of your other Pokémon, I don't mind. It would probably work better if it were you yourself for a variety of reasons I can think of, but I don't mind either way so long as staff doesn't mind either.
  • other; feel free to suggest ideas
It won't be first come, first serve. I'll probably look at how you've replied to other people's updates to see if I think we'd get along with each other. And I will probably preference updators over non-updators and people being updated in few zones over people being updated in many zones. (This is partly because it seems too many updators go without updates themselves and partly because I value the sort of feedback that only an experienced updator could give.) Other fair warnings to give include the last time I took a hiatus my updatees went six months without an update and I may suddenly go on hiatus again (even from greater UPN period), so ... there's always that to consider. Basically, your adventure may not finish. But if you're willing to take that risk anyway for a bit of fun, then let me know. (Here in this thread would probably be preferable, but if you have reasons for doing it privately or if our discussion starts to swamp the TO, I guess you could always PM me.) Oh, and please do indicate to me whether you're updating currently or not and how many zones adventures you are currently being updated on yourself.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #25064
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Talon should advertise an animé-themed Adventure.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #25065
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Talon should advertise an animé-themed Adventure.
I could do an adventure that is themed by {some anime we both enjoyed}, but if that isn't what you mean, I'm not sure I'd be up for it. Like, do you mean an adventure that is to anime what Scott Pilgrim is to video games? One which would have random appearances of Gundams and EVA units and talking calico cats and psychotic girlfriends with axes and tea clubs and harems and trying to get into some hard-to-get-into organization and LOTS AND LOTS OF HIGH SCHOOL? If that's what you mean, I think I'll pass. ^^; Though someone else is certainly free to take up that "Animu Pilgrim" mantle if they want to. hahaha

But if you meant doing an adventure that is themed or influenced by a specific series, then sure, that's fair game if someone is really interested and I don't mind it either. Things that come to mind as easily doable include ...
  • Natsume Yuujinchou (I have you, the human trainer, meet a Pokémon who takes over the role of Nyanko-sensei, and each adventure you go on is like one of Natsume's many episodic adventures)
I guess Natsume Yuujinchou is all I can think of right now.

Yuki: D: ... C-Can I stop my current adventure and start up that Natsume Yuujinchou adventure with you? ^^;
Old 02-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #25066
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Very tempting, Talon. I may just take thee up on that offer.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #25067
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Same here. I am rather intrigued on the PMD-esque adventure myself...
Old 02-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #25068
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Technically isn't any Pokemon adventure almost anime-themed since Pokemon also has an anime?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #25069
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Technically isn't any Pokemon adventure almost anime-themed since Pokemon also has an anime?
This is not inaccurate.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #25070
Pest
Volcano Badge

It'll be Beldum day soon, so remember to give yours some stuff. I'm sure that even as a mechanical lifeform it'll be glad to get stronger and a little closer to not being a Beldum anymore.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #25071
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

OK. I'm editing my member post to account for the Monday stuff- Salazar and Melittin leveling up, Pomona learning Cut, Cyanide and Hannah's Beauty Point gain, and of course, my latest acquisition, a Normal Pound Egg. Only problem is, the final product is 33 characters over the limit. This cannot continue. I've decided- I'm making a member post here at UPN, and that's the one I will keep updating, because I hear very good things about the character limit.

(Nicknames; Salazar=Venipede; Melittin=Weedle; Pomona=Ivysaur; Cyanide=Eevee; Hannah=Qwilfish)
Old 02-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #25072
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
OK. I'm editing my member post to account for the Monday stuff- Salazar and Melittin leveling up, Pomona learning Cut, Cyanide and Hannah's Beauty Point gain, and of course, my latest acquisition, a Normal Pound Egg. Only problem is, the final product is 33 characters over the limit. This cannot continue. I've decided- I'm making a member post here at UPN, and that's the one I will keep updating, because I hear very good things about the character limit.

(Nicknames; Salazar=Venipede; Melittin=Weedle; Pomona=Ivysaur; Cyanide=Eevee; Hannah=Qwilfish)
Hopefully that's allowed...

Also, teaching my Igglybuff Perish Song and Punishment. Because sweet irony.

: Iggly! >3
Old 02-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #25073
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pest View Post
It'll be Beldum day soon, so remember to give yours some stuff. I'm sure that even as a mechanical lifeform it'll be glad to get stronger and a little closer to not being a Beldum anymore.
Unfortunately timings with adventures determined that this year Zion will still be a Beldum; I've decided to evolve it in a Zone, but the critical update wasn't posted on time... I'll buy it a TM for the CfP when it does evolve to compensate for only teaching it a MT today.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #25074
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
Hopefully that's allowed...

Also, teaching my Igglybuff Perish Song and Punishment. Because sweet irony.

: Iggly! >3
I'm hardly the only FB member to have member posts on more than one board. In fact, the only reason I haven't done so before now is because I only wanted to update one. And now that's a moot point, because the Serebii character limit is once again threatening to screw me over.

And I approve of those move choices for your Igglybuff. And once I have my own, I'm sure Lavender will approve as well.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #25075
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
I'm hardly the only FB member to have member posts on more than one board. In fact, the only reason I haven't done so before now is because I only wanted to update one. And now that's a moot point, because the Serebii character limit is once again threatening to screw me over.

And I approve of those move choices for your Igglybuff. And once I have my own, I'm sure Lavender will approve as well.
Good Igglybuff vs. Evil Igglybuff?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out