UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 09-04-2017, 07:39 PM   #301
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I never left a Tangela at the Adoption Center," Keith murmured. "Though it's possible the Trainers I traded Tangela to could have done so... I don't think they're actually around anymore."

"Yep- Eon's an Eevee," nodded Anion. "You've heard of Eevee, yeah? They're Normal-types that can evolve eight different ways. Eon doesn't want to evolve at all, though- wants to get stronger than any of her possible evolutions while staying the way she is. She already knows Water Pulse, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Zen Headbutt, Dark Pulse, Seed Bomb, and Ice Beam."
Old 09-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #302
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Huh. That could be it, then." Chroma shook her head. "Well, whatever the case, only she knows the specifics right now. We do have a way around that, sure, but it should be up to her whether it gets used or not."

'E-eight?!' Bell shook his head in awe. 'That's so many!' He paused as a thought came across his mind. 'One of them wouldn't happen to be a pink Psychic type, would they?'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #303
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded. "I absolutely agree," he stated. "Our Pokémon's pasts are their business, it's their call whether it's our place to know them or not."

"I know, right," nodded Anion as Bell was reeling from the revelation that Eevee had eight possible evolutions. Then she looked at Bell as she asked about one of them. "Yeah, actually," said Anion. "That's what's called an Espeon. They look a bit more purple to me, but one of my teammates- an Umbreon, the Dark-type that Eevee can evolve into- one of her best friends is an Espeon that's actually really pink, like, no way to mistake it for purple."
Old 09-04-2017, 08:09 PM   #304
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Hear, hear!" She placed Butternut's ball in the healing machine and stepped aside to let Keith do the same with Apamin's. "It does make me a bit curious, though, now that you've mentioned it..."

'Really pink, huh?' Bell took a moment to process this information. '...I think one of my teammates may have chosen that very espeon as his mate, actually. He's out visiting her right now, actually!'

Old 09-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #305
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith took the cue and put Apamin's Net Ball in the healing machine. "Yeah, I know what you mean," he nodded. "Andromeda, my Starmie, she's been around for a long, long time, and I don't know half her history yet. All I know for sure is that she used to belong to one of my friends- Marion of the Elite Four. She's had a lot of Trainers before me."

"Yeah?" said Anion. "Is her name Freighya? If so, then yeah, exact same Espeon."
Old 09-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #306
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Now that I think about t, Berue and Butternut are the only two of my pokemon with remotely mysterious pasts for me." She picked up the pumpkin Ball and held it up for effect. "And I'm pretty certain that this one doesn't even know his!"

'Yep, that's her!' Bell confirmed. '...She had to teach me what a TV was when we first met. Somehow, that feels like it's one of my proudest moments...'

Old 09-04-2017, 08:54 PM   #307
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I've had my fair share of Pokémon with mysterious pasts," nodded Keith. "Both of my Banette were a bit reluctant to open up about their pasts at first. Myrtle moreso than Helena, though- Helena's reluctance was more due to not wanting to burden me with her past than anything else. And even when she told me about her past, it was still a little while before we learned that she was in fact my long-lost sister." He looked at the Pumpkin Ball. "I wouldn't mind knowing Butternut's past," Keith remarked. "I'd love a Pumpkasaur of my own... I hope I can catch one somewhere someday."

"Wow," remarked Anion. "Pretty cool how these things work out." She grinned as Bell remarked on learning about what a TV was being his proudest moment. "It's not a bad moment, to be fair," she replied. "TV is pretty cool. I've known what it was for a while, though- had a Trainer before Keith, I learned about it on her team."
Old 09-04-2017, 09:25 PM   #308
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Well, good luck with that," Chroma answered, pocketing the pumpkin ball. "If there was any centralized information on them, it likely disappeared with the old kings." She grabbed up another pokeball, but didn't raise it up- evidently, she was deciding whether or not to release its contents again.

'Well, I hadn't even been inside a house before at that point, so it was all a new experience for me,' Bell explained. 'The humans do have a TV here, though Mother prefers to play games on it rather than let it do its own thing. I find it quite fun to watch, sometimes!'

Old 09-04-2017, 10:51 PM   #309
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Thanks," nodded Keith. He gave a small sigh at the good point Chroma made- it was Arnold of the old Elite Four who had made that raffle happen in the first place, and those five Pumpkasaur were the only ones ever seen in the Fizzytopia region to this day. "...I'll find a Pumpkasaur someday," he vowed. "I'll figure out the secret, I'll find where Pumpkasaur appear, and I'll catch one!" He then noticed the Poké Ball Chroma was holding. "What's in there?" he asked. "Is that Louise's ball?"

"In our old place, Keith's TVs also worked as videophones," said Anion. "Apparently he's actually getting even bigger TVs for his new Secret Base, and he'll be able to play games on them as well."
Old 09-04-2017, 11:04 PM   #310
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"It'll certainly be tricky to pull off- I'm not sure if even that newly-discovered Incense would be of any use regarding them," the girl responded, clearly uncertain of her words. "In any case, I'll be sure to let you know if I find out anything- there should be more of them somewhere, after all!" She held up the pokeball in her hand when Keith brought attenton to it. "Huh? Oh, no, I'm fairly certain that this is Elen's. He seemed to be pretty happy to talk with people, so I figured that it would be right to let him back out to continue doing so!" And with that, a white light burst from the orb and coalesced into the Revolving Pokemon himself.

'Videophones? Like, they could be used to communicate with each other?' Bell was a bit impressed by the concept. 'Wow, humans have made some really impressive stuff!'

Old 09-04-2017, 11:22 PM   #311
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded at Chroma's words, though looked no less willing to look into the matter. He smiled as Chroma then revealed that the ball contained Elenchos. "Oh, cool," he replied. "Sure, bring him out." And so Chroma did just that, sending the Inkay back out. "Y'know, if it weren't for the PC storage restrictions of the time, I'd have kept him from the start," Keith stated. "Even if my first experience with the Inkay species was... less than pleasant... I knew better than to judge Inkay as a species on that experience."

"Yep," nodded Anion. "They sure have," she replied. "In fact, the ones Keith's getting for our new place, apparently we'll even be able to use them to communicate with the other ones in the same house, which I don't think the previous ones were capable of doing. Which is good, because I saw they're starting to work on the house itself, and it's gonna be a huge house."
Old 09-05-2017, 06:10 AM   #312
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Elenchos looked around as he was released, but didn't look too pleased when Keith explained his past with other bioluminescent land squids. 'Yakni sa dab erew yeht?' he asked telepathically, worry evident in his voice. 'Etanutrofnu tib a s'taht...'

Chroma shrugged. "If you need a translator, there's no shame in asking."

'Huge? As in, even bigger than this place?' Bell shook his head in awe at the thought, but was quick to determine why it was like that. 'Well, there are more of you over there, and I have already seen pokemon significantly bigger than us on your team... Still, having that communication option's pretty neat either way you look at it!'

Old 09-05-2017, 02:06 PM   #313
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Lapis nodded and squeaked happily.
Frieghya rolled with the woobat and emanated happy waves of energy.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:31 PM   #314
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith was a bit surprised at Elenchos's backwards speech, but not by all that much. "No, I think I got this," he said to Chroma. "Chuck taught me that a lot of Inkay and Malamar speak like this. I'm not exactly fluent, but Chuck taught me enough of this to get the general idea." He turned back to Elenchos. "It's not that the Inkay were bad," he explained. "It's just that their Trainers were evil ghosts. They just did bad things because their Trainers were bad. And even if they were bad, every Inkay is different," he added. "Just like every Stunfisk is different... My point is, I get the feeling you're one of the good ones," he said, giving a reassuring smile to the Inkay.

"Oh, yeah," nodded Anion. "Keith's hoping this house can fit all of his Pokémon. And you already saw Dennis, he's pretty huge. And then there's the Scolipede."
Old 09-05-2017, 06:29 PM   #315
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Oh, thank you!" Ami scooped Lapis up into a somewhat tight hug, then put her back down. "Sorry, I don't have anything for you. Didn't know anyone was coming over, actually." She sighed. "And before anyone asks, that smell is, in fact, a failed batch of cookies."

Nadie laughed as the couple rolled across the ground, glad that Freighya was so clearly happy. 'Aha, I got you!' he declared as they came to a stop. 'Now, my real attack begins!' He then proceeded to 'kiss' her repeatedly, aiming to literally tickle her with affection.

~ ~ ~

"Ah, okay then," Chroma answered graciously when her offer was denied. She stayed quiet after that- it wasn't her conversation to intrude upon, after all.

Elen gave a little squeak of relief- Keith's declaration about him wasn't too much of a surprise, since the man probably wouldn't have let him stay on his head otherwise. 'Rehtaf, sdrow dnik ruoy rof uoy knaht. Em tol a naem od yllaer, yllaer yaht!'

'Yep, he certainly is!'
Bell agreed. 'Wait, that sounds like it would be a Bug pokemon. You make it sound like this guy's even bigger than Dennis, and I doubt even I'd be that big after i evolve!'

Old 09-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #316
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith smiled and chuckled. "It's no problem," he replied. "You know, I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep you," he said to the Inkay. "Back then, Trainers could only have so many Pokémon at once, so there were more than a few Pokémon I had to find different homes for. And I'd have definitely kept you if things were more the way they are nowadays," he smiled. "But I get the feeling I found you a good Trainer, right?"

"Oh, he is," nodded Anion. "Scolipede are the biggest Bug-types in the world. The one Keith has, he rides around on his back, and there's still room for another human passenger. I heard he ain't been indoors since he evolved- that happened way before Keith got me."
Old 09-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #317
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii wrinkled her nose, "I have a pokemon that can cook, do you want her help?"
Frieghya giggled and licked the little woobat back.

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #318
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

(OOC: Aaaaaaaaaaaah, it didn't click into my mind that you had posted, MM! Also, holy cow, that's a big centpede- and I thought araquanid was huge!)

"Oh, you're talking about Little Miss, right?" Ami asked. "Well, if you're down with hanging out here for a couple hours, I'm fine with that!"

Nadie burst into laughter, and rolled onto the ground. 'Oh, no! You have bested me! Whatever shall I do?!'

~ ~ ~

'Ti tuoba yrrow t'nod, ho!' the inkay declared. 'Egnahc dluow I tsap eht ni gnihton s'ereht os, ereh yppah etiuq neeb ev'I!'

'Two of them?!'
Bell shook his head in disbelief. 'That's pretty hard to picture... I guess they're not really interested in the humans' inventions if he's always outside,
huh.'

Old 09-07-2017, 06:04 PM   #319
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled and let out the ledyba, "Little miss, do you want to help Ami maake cookies?"
The ledyba nodded and flew around the other trainer's head.
Frieghya giggled and nuzzled the woobat.

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #320
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Well, that's good," Keith smiled. "I'm glad you're happy here."

"Well, it's not so much he's not interested, so much as it is he's too big to fit in most houses," explained Anion.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #321
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Long time, noe see, Little Miss!" Ami courteously greeted the airborne chef. "Or should I call you 'Little Teach' or something along those lines...?" She shrugged and looked towards Lapis. "Would you like to help, Lapis?"

Nadie's laughing calmed down a little bit. 'Oh, I am vanquished! Farewell, beautiful world!' He then went limp, clearly playing dead for dramatic affect.

~ ~ ~

'Dworc eht etiuq htiw evil ydaerla uoy, sediseb,' Elen continued. 'Ti dnuora yaw a derugif I erofeb em ekil odirew gniklat sdrawkcab a htiw pu tup ev'dluow meht fo lla erus ton m'I!'

'Oh. Guess that would be an issue, huh?' Bell sighed. 'Araquanid might be huge by Bug standards as well, but at least they're small enough to squeeze through doors. I think so, anyways...'

Old 09-07-2017, 08:53 PM   #322
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"That's a fair point," shrugged Keith. "But then, it's a large team, so it's pretty likely that at least one of them isn't gonna warm up to you right away. But yeah, my team's got its fair share of weirdos, too, so you'd have been in good company. My Torkoal and Palpitoad actually don't talk at all- I'm not even sure they can talk."

"Never seen an Araquanid myself, so I wouldn't know," shrugged Anion. "Maybe Keith would be able to look it up in his Pokédex."
Old 09-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #323
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

(OOC: And today's delay is brought to you by Double Checking Who Had What Discussion! Most folks just call him Double)

'Lla ta klat t'nod...?' Elen touched his forehead with a larger tentacle, not quite sure how to process that revelation. 'Elbissop ti thguoht t'ndluow I. Hguoht, deneppah evah sgniht rediew!'

'He should be able to, unless he's got a reeeelly bad model,' Bell responded, nodding. 'I've been doing a little research on them since I'll be one of them one day, and the pokedex was the first place I checked.'

Old 09-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #324
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Lapis nodded and followed little miss closely.
Frieghya chuckled and got off nadie.

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-08-2017, 09:18 PM   #325
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"They have other ways of communicating, though," Keith continued. "Shelley, the Torkoal- she can actually control her White Smoke, make shapes with it, control which way it goes, things like that. It's pretty cool. And Tinnitus- that's the Palpitoad- he can create these vibrations that convey how he's currently feeling."

"Sometimes he ain't sure," shrugged Anion. "It works well enough, but then, it also seems to think that Dennis is the ancestor of his Ivysaur. And Dennis is younger than the Ivysaur! Only way that makes sense is if Pomona is from the future or something," she chuckled.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases