UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 08-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #176
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

...okay. Sorry about that, I figured it out on my own and didn't bother checking to see if it was in the thread already.

In other news, Zorua is a colossal pain in the ass to find (not to mention Deino refuses to evolve and become relevant and useful) and I am so glad this is FINALLY OVER WITH.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #177
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Started Mitsuhide's episode just now and laughed. Talon, Mitsuhide's betrayal (which you eagerly awaited but did not find) was reserved for the post-story game. There are other story bits that coincide with the real-life events, too - for instance, RL Hanbei had tuberculosis, one of the symptoms of which is chronic fatigue, RL Ginchiyo's father, Dosetsu, makes a cameo as a Warrior, and two Warriors who speak out against RL Nobunaga, Masamoto and Murashige, also make appearances. It's really an interesting way to be learning about Japanese history, but until I looked things up I never really realized how deeply the game matches actual events.

It would be like if Call of Duty reenacted WWI, paralleling events almost exactly - down to the (recorded) names of the soldiers!

Which actually makes me wonder if that's happened in some story mode fps. It wouldn't be so hard to have cutscenes involving the political motivations behind each battle, followed by the military motivations, followed by the actual battle. Not only that, but it would immerse the tweenage boy into the actual events of WWI as if he were a soldier much better than a museum can. I love museums. The kind of person who plays multiplayer CoD thinks MUSEUMS ARE GAY. You can see where this is going?

And then they to to history class and SEE CoD on the chalkboard and understand how the war went and suddenly school isn't so dumb anymore. And if this kind of history is what they teach in Japan, namely about Nobunaga and Hideyoshi and Mitsuhide, well then. This game just jumped up two stars in my mental rating because that is AWESOME.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #178
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
In other news, Zorua is a colossal pain in the ass to find (not to mention Deino refuses to evolve and become relevant and useful) and I am so glad this is FINALLY OVER WITH.
Quoted for truth...on both fronts.
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #179
GabrielBR
Pokemon Trainer

Awesome game!! They should make more of it

________
GabrielBR
GabrielBR is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON