UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 06-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Ranger 3 & Poké Park US bound.

Quote:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/vg_e3_2010-2010-06-14/

Two new Pokémon™ games have been revealed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo!

The Electronic Entertainment Expo, better known among gamers as E3, has just begun, and already there's exciting news for Pokémon fans! Two new games have been announced, one each for the Nintendo DS and Wii systems.

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs will be the third Pokémon Ranger game to come out for Nintendo DS, and it promises to be an incredible adventure! Go on an adventure to stop the Pokémon Pinchers with the help of your partner, Ukulele Pichu™—a lively Pichu who's always carrying a ukulele! During your mission, you'll capture loads of Pokémon by circling them with the Capture Styler on the Touch Screen. Pokémon you've captured can help you capture even more powerful Pokémon. And as a new feature to the series, by drawing special Ranger Signs on the Touch Screen, you can summon extraordinary Pokémon to help you, including Legendary Pokémon such as Raikou™, Entei™, and Suicune™! Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs also features cooperative multiplayer mission play for up to four players via Nintendo DS Local Wireless Connection.

Wii players will also get their chance to enjoy a new Pokémon game with PokéPark™ Wii: Pikachu's Adventure. Mew™ has summoned Pikachu™ to help save the PokéPark by finding the missing Sky Prism Pieces, but Pikachu won't be able to do this alone—meet and befriend many Pokémon during your adventure to help you on your way! Shake, swing, and tilt the Wii Remote™ controller as you compete in a variety of Attractions and save the PokéPark. Challenge your best times in the Attractions by playing them over and over with the different Pokémon you've befriended in the PokéPark!

Both Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs and PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure will be in stores later this year. We'll have much more information on both games soon!To learn more about PokéPark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure, keep an eye on www.pokeparkwii.com for all the details.
This news kinda slipped by during E3. These releases along with B/W cover all released & known coming PKMN games. Wonder what the first 3DS PKMN game'll be? Going by the Main Game -> Mystery Dungeon -> Ranger thing they've been doing on the DS will Mystery Dungeon be the first on 3DS? Or will they try for something new like early in the DS lifespan with Dash & Trozei? Hopefully a POKéMON Pinball 3-DS comes up! Those tend to come around during odd numbered generations.

Oh and ya... hyped for Ranger 3! As if my fall wasn't packed with enough games as it is ^_^;

Dunno what's with the Poké Park title. NOA is weird. They take out "big" and replace it with their systems name? As if there was a Poké Park on any other system O.o?

Last edited by Lindz; 06-23-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The original is Pikachu's Big Adventure ピカチューの大冒険 but for some reason the European and North American title is Pikachu's Adventure. Sigh.

I'm really stoked for it, though, since it'll be the first (and, to date, only) actual Pokemon game for the Wii. WiiWare doesn't count. PBR, as a simulator and not a game, doesn't count. This is an actual game. Albeit nothing more than a collection of mini-games loosely tied together by a plot involving Pikachu.

I won't pay $50 for it, but sell it for $35 or cheaper and I'm there.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I'm really stoked for it, though, since it'll be the first (and, to date, only) actual Pokemon game for the Wii. WiiWare doesn't count. PBR, as a simulator and not a game, doesn't count. This is an actual game. Albeit nothing more than a collection of mini-games loosely tied together by a plot involving Pikachu.

I won't pay $50 for it, but sell it for $35 or cheaper and I'm there.
Four and a half months later and nothing's changed. Still really stoked. I went to Wal-Mart tonight to purchase some 3-ring binders and I saw that they had two to three copies of this in their video game display case. I said "Whoa " aloud, catching the attention of some 40-to-50-year-old woman trying to find the right DS game for her kid or grandkid. I was that pleasantly surprised to see it. I mean, I knew it was coming out in November -- but I hadn't remembered it'd be November 1! Sadly, I saw that it was unpriced -- and checking on Amazon, I confirmed that the cost is $50. Sigh.

So, now I get to play the waiting game. This backfired disastrously on me for PBR -- a game I still want, still don't own, and is still selling for big bucks -- but it also worked out for me very nicely with Muramasa: the Demon Blade -- with a $15 purchase, hell yeah! , after only having to wait ~1 year -- so we'll see which way it goes with PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Big Adventure.

The game looks so cute, though. Like this generation's Pokémon Snap. I want it. D: Do let us know if you get it, Lindz, what it's like. I sure hope it's good. And I hope it's either 10+ hours in length, has decent replay value, or both!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #4
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

It's been out here for a while now Talon, so I'll let you know that it is pretty cute, pretty fun and pretty amusing in some places.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
So, now I get to play the waiting game. This backfired disastrously on me for PBR -- a game I still want, still don't own, and is still selling for big bucks -- but it also worked out for me very nicely with Muramasa: the Demon Blade -- with a $15 purchase, hell yeah! , after only having to wait ~1 year -- so we'll see which way it goes with PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Big Adventure.
PKMN games rarely bomb in price even if they do in sales. Trozei, Ranger, PBR like ya said & others still command near full to above original prices. It may well go out of print before long which would keep the price high as I've seen happen to various games this generation and before.

Quote:
The game looks so cute, though. Like this generation's Pokémon Snap. I want it. D: Do let us know if you get it, Lindz, what it's like. I sure hope it's good. And I hope it's either 10+ hours in length, has decent replay value, or both!
I don't and likely won't ever get a Revolution so bleh. Maybe I'll just replay Channel for the 3rd (4th?) time lol.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON