UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 11-05-2016, 10:13 AM   #501
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well. Woke up, turned on Go, my Egg was ready to hatch. Tangela (which I needed for the Pokédex) with great IVs (including perfect Attack) and Vine Whip/Solar Beam (its best possible moveset, if I'm not mistaken). Pretty hard to start a day better than that!
Old 11-05-2016, 06:42 PM   #502
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

The candy boost for all the 5k eggs during the event was great for getting a lot of evolutions that I was missing. I think it'll help change the scenery with all the gyms having the exact same 3 Pokemon over and over. I for one am looking forward to powering up Vileplume and Nidoqueen to see how they'll fare.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:01 AM   #503
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
I can tell you Vileplume will do reasonably well as long as its charge move is Solar Beam. Nidoqueen, provided its set is Poison Jab + Earthquake (though Stone Edge is okay too) works way better as an attacking Pokémon than a defending one. Defending Pokémon with a weakness to Water just don't have much chance, unless you're lucky enough to have them at such high CP they're near the top of the chain so they can stay in a Gym for long simply by virtue of being so high up.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:31 AM   #504
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Or are Arcanine since Arcanine is overall good in most regards.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #505
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Whoa! Woke up, turned on Go, and a bunch of Pokémon all spawned simultaneously! Gastly, Jynx, Bellsprout, Krabby, Drowzee- actually the first Drowzee I've encountered in a while- I think it's been made less common around here (at freaking last). Also, finally evolved my Magnemite last night, though I'm not sure that Spark/Discharge is Magneton's best moveset. I even caught a Grimer last night- those are so rare around here! And this one's actually got decent IVs, too!
Old 11-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #506
The Morg

JolteonJak, your Flareon is about to get kicked out of our gym ;_;

Old 11-08-2016, 05:27 AM   #507
Escalion

I'm just going to dump this link here and say "Gen 2 confirmed!"
Old 11-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #508
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Finally got to evolve my Charmander. Now I got Dragonair set as my Buddy Pokémon- time to get going on that Dragonite!
Old 11-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #509
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Finally got to go for a walk today- hadn't been able to for several days for one reason or another. When did PokéStops become so generous?! I'm suddenly getting around six or seven items per PokéStop! Unfortunately, it seems as though spinning PokéStops from within a moving vehicle is no longer possible.

Oh- and there seem to be way more Pokémon spawning in way more places. The park near my house used to be more devoid of Pokémon than Orre, and now suddenly it's chock-full of Electabuzz!
Old 11-11-2016, 02:49 AM   #510
Escalion

From what I gathered the boost to Stops and Pokémon spawning three rows thick is for a limited time only, to "celebrate" the new daily bonus system.
Sucks that it's not possible anymore to turn Stops in a moving vehicle though, the bus I take to the city goes past quite a few ones that I could benefit nicely from. Haven't been to the city since the change yet to see it for myself, but I heard it more so...

Edit: From the Niantic site, the extra items and Pokémon bonus is from the 7th till the 11th, so today is the last full day we can benefit from it.

Last edited by Escalion; 11-11-2016 at 05:03 AM.
Escalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #511
Escalion

Anyone else noticed huge changed in their Pokémon's CP after the latest update? My Jolteon amongst others gained a whopping 400+ CP and is now my highest CP Pokémon with just under 2k CP.

The other Eeveelutions gained as well as did my Aerodactyl, but Victreebell lost a lot, my Magikarp lost a about 20% of its CP which I guess translates to Gyarados too, and Dewgong lost a bit too.

Plenty more I know of that gained/lost CP that I can see, but those are the most noticeable in the top of my Pokémon.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:13 PM   #512
The Morg

Man, I saw that too. As someone who likes to use less-common Pokemon, this helps me a lot. Suddenly all these random Pokemon aren't just for novelty or completing the Pokedex; they're actually useful. I'm looking forward to trying out Pinsir and maybe Beedrill to see how they do. And my Chansey has over 300 HP, it's crazy!

Niantic's website confirms what I expected: they're doing the "OP pls nerf" thing that MMO's do. While I like the changes, I see this as a bold move on Niantic's part. The CP are based on the official stats that the Pokemon have in the main games, so doing this is like telling The Pokemon Company "we don't like YOUR game's balance, so we're making up our own". There's only so much of this that they can do before it becomes like those fan games that hack all of the typings and movesets and stuff. Really, if they wanted to see more variety in gyms, the correct solution would have been to put more Pokemon into the game. Having all of the Pokemon would make balance much less of an issue.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:26 PM   #513
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morg View Post
Niantic's website confirms what I expected: they're doing the "OP pls nerf" thing that MMO's do. While I like the changes, I see this as a bold move on Niantic's part. The CP are based on the official stats that the Pokemon have in the main games, so doing this is like telling The Pokemon Company "we don't like YOUR game's balance, so we're making up our own". There's only so much of this that they can do before it becomes like those fan games that hack all of the typings and movesets and stuff. Really, if they wanted to see more variety in gyms, the correct solution would have been to put more Pokemon into the game. Having all of the Pokemon would make balance much less of an issue.
Someone figured out the forumla, and it is still based on game stats. Something like "if it has high attack OR sp attack" determines high attack stat in go. Whereas in the past, Alakazam's ass attack got him super low CP.

RIP my 100% Wigglytuff with Pound/Hyper Beam. You didn't deserve that nerf.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:11 PM   #514
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

AAAGH! Victreebel! It was my second strongest, and now it doesn't even make the top 12! Gengar seems to have been massively buffed, though. I know mine wasn't above 2,000 CP, and now it's 2018 CP.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:20 AM   #515
Connor
Flashbacker

So presumably the Victreebel nerf comes from the fact that the line has awful defences. They were probably inflating the defence stat a little. Although this means something like Alakazam should likewise not really be boosted that much ... because it's defences are similarly shit.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:20 PM   #516
Escalion

Sucks I just used a Lucky Egg a few days ago, literally the day before they announced this double XP event... could have gotten myself from level 23 straight into level 25 had I known.

Also, the fuck, I just caught a Rattata and then it transforms into Ditto o_O
Old 12-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #517
deoxys
Fog Badge

Here comes Gen 2.

BORKED
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 03:41 PM   #518
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Underwhelming/10

No extra candy/stardust/less steps for buddy or anything else. Not even more ice Pokemon.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:12 PM   #519
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Caught a high-level Santa hat Pikachu with nice IVs. It's actually the best Pikachu I've gotten in GO thus far, with or without the hat. And I'm seeing a lot of these Santa hat Pikachu around here- I'm hoping this translates to me getting more Pikachu Candy, and in turn, me getting a Raichu quicker.

...If you evolve a Santa hat Pikachu, the Raichu retains the hat, right? Because that would be awesome.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:21 PM   #520
The Morg

I keep catching normal Pikachu without the hat. What's the difference in the Santa hat ones? I've seen them on the radar and not caught any yet.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #521
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Just evolved me my very first Raichu. Can confirm, it retains the hat. It's got Thunder Shock and Thunder- to my knowledge, if that's not the best moveset a Raichu can pull off in this, it's close enough for my liking.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #522
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Not sure when this happened, but StarBucks is now a PokeStop.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #523
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Not sure when this happened, but StarBucks is now a PokeStop.
Yep, a lot of Starbucks and Sprint stores are PokeStops now. Sponsorships etc
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:40 PM   #524
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

It's kinda funny, because now my job is within range of two Pokestops. Makes boring work days... well... still boring, but more profitable... I guess...
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:52 PM   #525
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Reopened Pokemon Go to look for Santachu and maybe hopefully holiday nest events like all the Cubones and Gastly from Halloween. Found neither but instead discovered that I live in a Tauros nest. Not great for catching 'em all (especially since I already have a Tauros), but it's nice to have something cool in the area.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON