UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Shops

Old 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM   #1901
Nidon
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Trading MM a level 1 female Salandit with EMs Sand Attack, Fake Out and Knock Off for $1000.

*Trade started*

Trading Nidon a level 1 Female Gastly with EMs Smog, Scary Face and Perish Song for $500.

*Trade started*
$500 for Gastly.
Thank you!

*trade closed*
Nidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 07:41 PM   #1902
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
Trading Lv. 1 Blipbug to Missingno. Master for $500.

*Trade Commenced*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Gifting Missingno. Master Lv.1 Male Finneon with EM Confuse Ray, EM Flail and EM Psybeam.

*TRADE OPENED*
The door to the Starmie Cryptopokology Laboratory glitched for a split second as ZZLZZ sent it flying open. "Eddie, you gotta see this new Bug Pokémon I caught!" she exclaimed excitedly.

Eddie Starmie looked up from the nearby table- he was sitting there with Femur, his Marowak, going over what looked to be recent issues of the Celadon Inquirer. "Hm? What did you catch, ZZLZZ?" he asked.

"Check this out," grinned ZZLZZ, producing a Poké Ball and throwing it into the air. "Come out, Radar!"

The ball burst open, and in a flash of light, a small wormlike creature appeared, its diminutive appearance decidedly offset by the sheer size of its eyes. "...Blip?" it murmured, gazing around the laboratory. Intrigued, Eddie took out his Pokédex and pointed it at the creature.

"Blipbug, the Larva Pokémon. A Bug-type," droned the device. "Blipbug constantly collects information, making up for its lacking physical prowess with a brilliant mind. It uses the hairs on its body to assess its surroundings."

"Fascinating," Eddie remarked. "I've never seen one around here."

"Heh, I had to go all the way out to Route 12 to find this," grinned ZZLZZ.

"Route 12?!" Eddie repeated in shock. "That's on the other side of the region!"

"I know, it was fine," insisted ZZLZZ. "I flew on Sizzle's back. It was very comfy, and she's really strong and gentle."

"...well, I can't complain, then, as the results clearly speak for themselves," Eddie conceded. "Just... I'm aware you can take care of yourself for the most part, but..."

"...yeah, I know you worry about me," nodded ZZLZZ. "It's really sweet of you, though, Eddie, and I'm glad I have my big brother looking out for me," she smiled.

Eddie smiled back. "Thanks for understanding," he said.

ZZLZZ tilted her head, glitching out as she did so, glancing at the tabloids Eddie had been poring over. "What are you looking for in those?" she asked.

"Ah, yes- I'm looking into reports of 'M sightings on Cinnabar's coast," stated Eddie. "I've arranged with Tom- we're sailing there on Monday, to see if any of Femur's relatives survived that eruption."

"Maaaarowak!" Femur added, her voice thick with emotion at the prospect.

"Oh, wow, Femur, I hope your search goes well," ZZLZZ said.

"And in point of fact, when I was talking to Tom, he invited me to try my hand at fishing with him," added Eddie, producing a Poké Ball from his belt. "I'd never done it before, and after hearing how Willa hooked a Gyarados her first time, I wasn't too enthusiastic about it, but it's really quite relaxing. I even caught a Pokémon of my own today." And he opened up the ball. "Tetra, come on out!" he exclaimed.

"Finninninninnee!" came the trilling voice of Eddie's newest Pokémon- a small fish, with tail fins that resembled Beautifly wings. ZZLZZ gave a gasp and pulled her Pokédex out at once.

"Finneon, the Wing Fish Pokémon. A Water-type," droned the device. "Finneon's patterns glow vividly in the dark after long exposure to sunlight. The movement of its tail fins has earned it the nickname 'Beautifly of the Sea'."

"A Finneon!" breathed ZZLZZ. "I've heard of these! They're not Bug-types but their tail fins are just like Beautifly wings! It's even more beautiful than any picture of it I'd ever seen!"

"Finninnee!" Tetra responded gleefully, beaming at ZZLZZ's praise.

"Well, Tetra certainly seems to appreciate your praise," observed Eddie.

Indeed, came a telepathic voice in Eddie and ZZLZZ's minds. With that in mind, might I make a suggestion?

"...who was that?" ZZLZZ asked. "It didn't sound like Homer... can Remy do telepathy now?"

"Not that I'm aware of," frowned Eddie.

Ah, sorry, I should have made it more clear- it's me. Radar. The Blipbug. Look down.

"Oh!" breathed ZZLZZ. "Radar, I didn't know you could talk telepathically!"

I shouldn't think so, no, as I had yet to actually make use of this capability with you, came Radar's response. The fault is not yours, ZZLZZ, worry not. But yes- as I say, I have a suggestion to make. Tetra appears to have taken an especial liking to you, while I confess myself much more interested in your brother and his studies- no offense meant to you, of course, he added courteously.

"Uh... well, none taken, but... are you suggesting what I think you are?" asked ZZLZZ.

Indeed- I propose an exchange, confirmed Radar. Trade me for Eddie's Finneon. If I am being honest... ever since you told me about Eddie and his Pokémon, I knew I wanted to be among them. Particularly this Hermione- I have heard of her before. A prodigy among Bug-types. I would love to learn from her.

ZZLZZ turned to look at Eddie. "...what do you think?" she asked.

"I think Radar's making a lot of sense," Eddie stated. "I would be happy to work with Radar, and I'm certain Hermione can teach him a lot. And I know Tetra would do well with you, too. But the decision is yours to make," he added. "I would not dare pressure you into it if you don't want to."

"...no, I... I'll do it," nodded ZZLZZ. "Radar's making way too much sense to ignore. He'll be happy with you, and I promise I'll take real good care of Tetra, too."

Eddie smiled. "A mature and responsible decision," he commended his sister. "Shall we head over to the trade machine?" he asked.

"...We have a trade machine?" ZZLZZ replied in surprise.

"Naturally," Eddie nodded as he withdrew Tetra. "Return Radar to his Poké Ball and we can begin the exchange.

"OK," nodded ZZLZZ. "Come back, Radar!" she added, holding out the Poké Ball and withdrawing the Blipbug. She then followed Eddie further into the laboratory, where the exchange was made.

OOC: Receiving the Finneon from Marion and trading ₽500 to Lilblue for the Blipbug (which for my own record-keeping has Infestation, Recover, and Supersonic). Thanks to the both of you! Naming the Finneon Tetra, declaring his Ability to be Storm Drain, and his Tera Type to be Bug. Naming the Blipbug Radar, declaring his Ability to be Telepathy, and his Tera Type to be Psychic.

*Trade and "Trade" Closed!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Trading MM a level 1 female Salandit with EMs Sand Attack, Fake Out and Knock Off for $1000.

*Trade started*

"Now, Rob! Embers Resonance!" Keith exclaimed.

"Saaaaa... LAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!" bellowed Rob, as visible fiery soundwaves erupted from his mouth. The large Salandit's heated roar washed over the opposing Trainer's Manectric, blasting it backwards, whereupon it collapsed in a heap at her feet.

"Whoa! Manectric!" exclaimed the other Trainer. "Hah, wow, that Salandit's good stuff," he chuckled as he withdrew his unconscious Manectric. "Didn't think the males could get so big and strong, but you sure showed us!"

"Yeah, Rob and I train a lot," Keith nodded, patting his Salandit's head. "I- Rob?" he added, for he felt his Salandit shift around under his hand.

"Salaaaan..." Rob murmured, sounding mesmerized. And then, without warning, he dashed off towards the nearby rocky hills.

"What-" Keith began. "Rob! Hey! ROB!" he called out. When this elicited no response, he ran after his Salandit.

"Salaaaandit," Rob murmured as he moved. He still sounded completely mesmerized, and was not listening to Keith at all. And finally, when Keith caught up, he saw Rob standing near another Salandit, though this one looked closer to the normal size for the species, and was also facepalming as though embarrassed.

"Rob!" Keith exclaimed. "What in the- OK, wait a sec," he added, spotting the other Salandit. "...you're a female Salandit, aren't you? So you did that thing with the pheromones, got my Salandit like this?"

"Salan salan salaaan!" the female Salandit exclaimed, waving her hands frantically and shaking her head vehemently.

Keith observed the female Salandit. After her virulent denial, she looked up at Rob, conflict written all over her face. Rob simply stood there, as though awaiting orders, but none seemed to come. "...this was an accident?" Keith spoke up.

"Lan! Salandit!" the female Salandit nodded. She sounded relieved.

Keith nodded back. "Alright, I gotcha. I think this should snap him out of it." And he took his Red Flute out of his backpack and played a simple tune on it. The effect was immediate- Rob blinked, clarity returning to his eyes as he looked around. Then, his eyes fell on the female Salandit before him, and said eyes lit up with delight.

"Salaaaan~" Rob greeted the female.

"...landit?" groaned the female Salandit exasperatedly, motioning to Keith's Red Flute again.

Keith chuckled and shook his head. "Look at his eyes," he said. "That's not the pheromones this time. It seems Rob here's got it for you, for real."

"Sa... lan?" repeated the female Salandit incredulously. She met Rob's gaze, a small smile forming on her face.

Keith knelt down, offering a Poké Ball. "Salandit, would you like to come with us?" he asked. "I get the feeling you're not so big on the whole controlling dudes with your pheromones deal? Well, I can help you train with that, and you can spend as much time with Rob as you like."

This was clearly agreeable to Salandit. "Salaaan~" she exclaimed happily, before slapping a hand to the offered Poké Ball. The ball sucked Salandit inside and barely wobbled before clicking shut.

"Yes!" Keith grinned. "A female Salandit- and it's all mine!" he declared, holding up the ball.

"Salaaan!" Rob cheered.

Keith smiled. "Let's go home, Rob," he said. "Maybe Meowth's awake by now. And on the way back, let's talk nickname ideas for the newcomer, hm?"

"Laaandit!" nodded Rob, and with that, Trainer and Salandit began the lengthy walk home down Route 9.

OOC: Trading ₽1,000 to Raves for their female Salandit with my heartiest thanks! Naming her Virgo, and declaring her Ability to be Corrosion, and her Tera Type to be Poison.

*Trade Closed!*
Old 01-17-2024, 06:03 PM   #1903
Nidon
Pokemon Trainer

Trading my Lv1 Female Abra with Power Trick and Magic Coat to Naru for $400

*trade started*
Nidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 08:21 PM   #1904
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidon View Post
Trading my Lv1 Female Abra with Power Trick and Magic Coat to Naru for $400

*trade started*
Accepting this baby for $400!

Naming her Magician, giving her Tera Fighting.

Last edited by Naru; 01-17-2024 at 08:31 PM.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 05:04 PM   #1905
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Trading my 180 FC Rank 4 claim Tart Apple to EBE for... I'm not sure what the item's called, but it can be used to teach Heal Pulse.

*Trade Commenced*
Old 01-29-2024, 04:05 AM   #1906
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Trading my 180 FC Rank 4 claim Tart Apple to EBE for... I'm not sure what the item's called, but it can be used to teach Heal Pulse.

*Trade Commenced*
Trading ETM Heal Pulse (previously dropped from the Alomomola’s Plushie) to MM for their Tart Apple. Thanks!

Trade Closed
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:05 PM   #1907
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Trading Leo my Lv. 1 Genderless Golett for $500.

*Trade Started*
Old 03-01-2024, 01:38 PM   #1908
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
Trading Leo my Lv. 1 Genderless Golett for $500.

*Trade Started*
After a month, trading Naru $500 for her Lv. 1 Golett, ta!

*Trade Closed*

Trading Alilatias my Lv. 1 Female Castform with EM Lucky Chant for $2500

*Trade Opened*

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 01:41 PM   #1909
Alilatias
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Trading Alilatias my Lv. 1 Female Castform with EM Lucky Chant for $2500

*Trade Opened*
Trading 2,500 Pokedollars to Liltwick for a Lv. 1 Female Castform with EM Lucky Chant.

*Trade Closed*
Old 03-01-2024, 08:37 PM   #1910
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

In commemoration for winning a Colosseum challenge at Sludge Wave Colosseum, gifting this TM181 Play Rough to

Spoiler: show
Marion Ette.

*"Trade" Commenced*
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 07:45 AM   #1911
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
In commemoration for winning a Colosseum challenge at Sludge Wave Colosseum, gifting this TM181 Play Rough to

Marion Ette.

*"Trade" Commenced*
Graciously accepting this TM. Thank you!!!

*"Trade" Closed*
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 04:36 PM   #1912
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Trading EBE my Lv. 1 Genderless Dracozolt for $500

*Trade Opened*
Old 03-16-2024, 05:31 PM   #1913
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Trading Naru my Lv 1 Hisuian Voltorb with EM Recycle & Worry Seed for her Seedot.

Trade Started
Old 03-16-2024, 06:55 PM   #1914
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
Trading Naru my Lv 1 Hisuian Voltorb with EM Recycle & Worry Seed for her Seedot.

Trade Started
Trading my Lv. 1 Male Seedot for Peegee's Grassy orb.

*Trade closed*
Old 03-18-2024, 09:47 AM   #1915
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Double posting but

Trading Maskerade $1000 for their Male Trapinch and $200 for their Male Bunnelby.

Also trading my Shiny Spray from Staff Rewards 150 for their Kartana.

*Trades Opened*
Old 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM   #1916
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"What's this gonna be like, Eddie?" ZZLZZ asked.

"I'm not sure," Eddie responded. "But if an eccentric billionaire is looking to open up a Safari Zone full of rare and unusual Pokémon, I think it's definitely worth checking out." He looked at the ornate invitation in his hand- he'd received this in the mail a week ago. "The invitation promised Pokémon unlike anything we've ever seen before. For them to make this claim on an invitation sent specifically to a cryptopokologist... naturally, that's going to attract my attention," he grinned.

"Eddie, thanks for bringing me along," smiled ZZLZZ. "I was sure you were gonna bring Rose."

"That was indeed my first thought," Eddie admitted. "But Rose had already made plans to train with Helena today, and far be it from me to disrupt their plans," he smiled. "Besides, you've read up on all manner of Bug-types. Perhaps if there are any rare and unusual Bug-types in here, you can teach me a thing or two."

"Heheh, that'd be cool," chuckled the glitched-out Bug Catcher. "I'd love to- WAH!" she shrieked, for at that moment, an Abra appeared out of thin air in front of them. It floated up, inspected the invitation in Eddie's hand, and with a satisfied nod, placed a hand on Eddie and ZZLZZ's shoulders, and Teleported them away.

In an instant, they found themselves in what appeared to be some sort of lobby. "Ah, good, thank you, Abra," came a voice from behind them. Eddie and ZZLZZ turned to see a man standing there, offering a handshake, with an Alolan Raticate by his side. "Edward Starmie, I presume? Filbert J. Appletun, at your service. And this is...?" he added, eyeing ZZLZZ.

"My sister, ZZLZZ Starmie. She's my plus-one," Eddie replied.

"Ah, yes, of course," nodded Mr. Appletun. "A pleasure, ZZLZZ."

"N-nice to meet you, sir," ZZLZZ said timidly, shaking the man's hand. This spread her perpetual glitching effect to him until they broke contact, but Mr. Appletun didn't look fazed.

"The pleasure is all mine, of course," Mr. Appletun responded with a smile. "Now, then, I do believe that makes everyone, so I should get to making the announcement. Everyone, please find a seat!" he called out as he made his way up to the front of the room, where a podium had been set up. Eddie and ZZLZZ found seats next to each other, and sat down, and once everyone else was seated, Mr. Appletun spoke up again. "Ladies and gentlemen, distinguished guests, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to a special sneak preview of the Fizzytopia Safari Zone! Each and every one of you have been brought here by way of Abra's Teleport so as to ensure the topmost of secrecy, for I would rather not disclose the location to the public until we are well and truly ready to open."

"I wonder why that is," ZZLZZ frowned.

Eddie shrugged. "They don't call him an eccentric billionaire for nothing," he replied. ZZLZZ nodded, but she wasn't fully convinced.

"Now, if you will all look under your seats, you will each find a Safari Ball," stated Mr. Appletun. "Obviously, upon our opening, paying guests will be given a full suite of 30 Safari Balls, plus all the rocks and bait they could hope for. Tonight, however, since you obviously only have the one ball, you will instead be permitted to bring one partner Pokémon with you into the park in order to weaken and catch a Pokémon within."

ZZLZZ and Eddie had indeed found Safari Balls under their seats, and exchanged grins at the prospect of catching new Pokémon in this place. "Well, I'll be using Gigawatt, I think," said Eddie. "What about you, ZZLZZ?"

"Crusher, for sure," she grinned. "Eddie, this is so exciting!"

"Now, then, I do believe that is everything," said Mr. Appletun. "Will everyone please bring out their chosen partner Pokémon, and prepare to follow me?"

Poké Balls opened up all over. Eddie and ZZLZZ could see various Pokémon materializing- a couple of Alolan Persian, a Porygon or two, even a Rampardos and a Gholdengo. Eddie sent out his Normal Form Electrode, while ZZLZZ sent out her Pinsir. And as the Pinsir looked around, he stopped as he saw the man standing at the front. "Hm?" ZZLZZ murmured. "Crusher, what is it?"

"Ssssssir! Pinssss!" hissed Crusher, pointing at Mr. Appletun, the memory of his last encounter with the man fresh in his mind. Then, without warning, the Pinsir lunged towards Mr. Appletun's Alolan Raticate!

"No! Crusher, don't!" ZZLZZ exclaimed, racing after the Bug-type and trying to hold him back. "M-Mr. Appletun, sir, I- I'm so sorry, I don't know what's gotten into-"

"Oh, it's quite all right, but you should really get a handle on your Pokémon before entering the Safari Zo- hm?" he murmured, for his Alolan Raticate was hissing angrily at Crusher. "Raticate, really now, this is hardly the time for-" he cut himself off as he got a better look at Crusher, his eyes widening. "...no," he breathed.

"No? What- wait a minute. Mr. Appletun..." murmured ZZLZZ. Her own eyes widened as she looked at him, then at her Pinsir, then back to him. "You're-!"

"Ah, ladies and gentlemen, please do excuse us!" Mr. Appletun called out, cutting ZZLZZ short. "This lively young lady will, as a reward for her quick thinking, get first crack at the Safari Zone! If she would just... come... with... me," he added through gritted teeth, grabbing ZZLZZ by the wrist and all but dragging her through the nearby door.

"ZZLZZ!" Eddie called out just as Mr. Appletun had slammed the door shut.

On the other side of the door, Mr. Appletun threw ZZLZZ to the floor, while his Raticate held off Crusher. ZZLZZ glared up at the man. "You're the horrible man my girlfriend told me about. You're supposed to be in prison!" ZZLZZ declared.

"Girlfr- I knew I recognized that brat's Pinsir!" seethed Mr. Appletun, all traces of his gentlemanly demeanor vanished entirely. "Of all the... Well, it matters not," he exhaled. "Abra, if you would?" And at once, ZZLZZ found herself completely immobilized as Mr. Appletun's Abra held her in place with Telekinesis. "Oh, yes, I was in prison, but you know what? The law answers to a far higher power when all is said and done: cold, hard cash," he smirked. "Bribe the right judges and the legal system is your plaything. Now... I can't have my return to the public eye tarnished, can I? My little smear campaign against that brat will have to be expedited, and in the meantime, you'll have to be... dealt with. Abra, relieve her of all her Pokémon, including the ball for this Pinsir. We'll throw her in the Safari Zone, wait half an hour before letting the others in. That should be plenty of time for the inhabitants to do our dirty work for us."

Only once Abra had relieved ZZLZZ of her active team did it release its hold on the Bug Catcher. "You-!" she began, running at Mr. Appletun, only to cry out in pain as he slapped her in the face.

"Shut. Up," Mr. Appletun responded coldly. "I-" However, before he could say any more, he heard a knock at the door. "I'll be right with you," he said, his voice going back to a calm, gentlemanly voice.

"Uh, Mr. Appletun, I just wanted a word with my sister if she's still in there," came Eddie's voice from the other side.

"EDDIE! HELP!" ZZLZZ screamed at once.

"Abra, Teleport her into the Safari Zone at once!" Mr. Appletun barked, as loud thuds could be heard from the other side of the door. And by the time Eddie and Gigawatt had broken down the door, Abra had already vanished, and ZZLZZ along with.

~~~~~

ZZLZZ looked around. She appeared to have been left in a dense jungle of some sort. She was scared, but at the same time, something about this place felt... oddly comforting to her. She realized she was still clutching something spherical in one hand, but a look revealed it to be simply the empty Safari Ball- Abra had missed that. Well... it was better than nothing, she figured. Just... by how much?

~~~~~

"...was naught but a simple auditory hallucination, I daresay you aren't getting enough vitamins-" Mr. Appletun was saying to an increasingly infuriated Eddie.

"Mr. Appletun," Eddie interrupted. "Drop the pretense. I heard what I heard. You have one chance to keep this exchange amicable. Bring my sister back here at once."

"Well, now, you say you heard it, but-" Mr. Appletun stopped as Eddie threw a number of Poké Balls to the ground at once, sending out Missingno., Pikablu, Elle, and Incognito all at once without even breaking eye contact.

With all his Pokémon looking at him curiously, Eddie pointed at Mr. Appletun. "He kidnapped ZZLZZ," was all he said. And as one, the gathered Pokémon slowly turned to face the coldhearted billionaire, the fury on their faces palpable, even for the Klinklang. However, Mr. Appletun snapped his fingers, and his Abra materialized in front of him. His Raticate stepped forward as well, and he threw four Rocket Balls, sending out a Purugly, a Weavile, a Houndoom, and a Gholdengo that sparkled as it appeared.

~~~~~

ZZLZZ had begun to explore the vast expanse, feeling completely defenseless without her Pokémon. She still had the Safari Ball and her Butterfree net, but somehow they failed to reassure her, especially as she saw what appeared to be a wild-looking Mega Salamence soared overhead. "What..." she breathed. "Wait a second... if that was... then maybe there are...!" And she began looking around with renewed interest.

Soon enough, she covered her mouth, body glitching out particularly wildly as she spotted a colossus of an insect ambling through the trees. "I knew there had to be these in here!" she breathed. And then, as if it heard her, the creature turned its head sharply to face her.

"Thhhhherrrr," it hissed, eyeing ZZLZZ, who eyed it right back, looking undeterred. And then, maintaining eye contact, ZZLZZ began to walk towards the colossal creepy-crawly. It did not dare to move, maintaining eye contact, just as ZZLZZ herself was doing. And then, when she got close enough, ZZLZZ slowly reached out, and began stroking the creature's head. Tense at first, the creature's tension slowly melted away. "Therrrr wiiiiiiing," it hissed, in a slightly calmer tone.

"There you go," smiled ZZLZZ. "I bet you're hungry, right? That horrible man probably didn't feed you, did he? Well, I got some food you might like. I have another Pokémon that loves it, and you're not that far removed from it." As she spoke, she dug a plastic bag out of her bag, filled with pellets of Pokémon food. A Volcarona sticker was affixed to the outside of the bag. ZZLZZ took a handful of these pellets out, and set them down on the ground. At once, the creature chowed down on them, and upon swallowing, its hissing took on a far happier tone. "I knew you'd like them," grinned ZZLZZ. Then, she looked at the Safari Ball she'd put in her bag when reaching for the Volcarona food. "...I have an idea," she said.

~~~~~

"Houndoom! Fire Blast!" barked Mr. Appletun.

"Elle! Water Gun!" Eddie shouted.

The attacks flew at once. Mr. Appletun's Mega Houndoom let fly a sizzling Fire Blast, while Elle and Lowercase, the Mega Kangaskhan duo linked by a strong Parental Bond, let fly twin jets of water. The attacks exploded in midair, blasting them all backwards. They fainted on the spot, returning to normal, but Eddie wasn't happy- that was his last Pokémon standing, while Mr. Appletun still had his Shiny Gholdengo.

"Now I think we understand each other," smirked Mr. Appletun. "Gholdengo, let's throw him in there too. He- hm?" he murmured, for a rumbling noise was starting to make itself heard. "What on earth...?" he added, for the rumbling was getting louder, coming from the door that seemed to lead into the Safari Zone itself.

"Use Heavy Slam!!!"

And the door was blasted off its hinges at once, Eddie's eyes widening as he saw why- ZZLZZ had rode in, on the back of what looked like a monstrous flightless Volcarona. "ZZLZZ! Are you OK?" Eddie asked.

"Never been better, Eddie!" beamed ZZLZZ. "I made a new friend, too!"

"Impossible!" exclaimed Mr. Appletun. "How did you tame that Slither Wing?! Bah- no matter! I'll get it out of the way!" he added, as he drew a Master Ball out of his pocket and heaved it at the Slither Wing. However, the ball only opened up for a second or so, before snapping shut and clattering uselessly to the floor.

ZZLZZ grinned, holding up her Safari Ball as she jumped down off the Slither Wing's back. "I already caught it, you're too late!" she declared.

"Gaaaah, fine, then! Gholdengo, attack using Make It Rain!" commanded Mr. Appletun.

"Crawly, Flare Blitz!" ZZLZZ ordered.

"THERRRRR WIIIIING!" hissed Crawly as its entire body caught fire. It then charged at Gholdengo, heedless of the barrage of coins being launched its way, and slammed into the Coin Entity Pokémon with great force, sending it flying into the wall on the opposite side.

"Now! High Horsepower!" ZZLZZ commanded. And with all the force of an oncoming freight train, Crawly barreled into the dazed Gholdengo, and had the added effect of crashing through the wall. Screams rang out as ZZLZZ's newest Pokémon stumbled into the lobby.

"No... not again," Mr. Appletun was saying as Eddie marched up to him, and without so much as a word, decked Mr. Appletun in the face with every ounce of might he possessed. He then followed up with a swift kick right to the Sludge Bombs, getting the billionaire to double over, wheezing in indescribable pain as he fell to the floor.

"...Don't touch my sister," Eddie spat with a withering glare. He then turned around and walked away without another word, and Mr. Appletun in no fit state to respond.

~~~~~

Several hours later, things were starting to settle down. Eddie had been able to contact the authorities, who had taken Mr. Appletun into custody once more. The bewildered patrons were pacified with the promise of compensation for their wasted evening, before being Teleported away by way of an officer's Gallade. And Eddie and ZZLZZ had given their statements (Eddie somewhat reluctantly- he for one never fully trusted Fizzytopian law enforcement, but conceded them to be a necessary evil in this situation). ZZLZZ had been worried about revealing that she had caught a Slither Wing in the Safari Zone, as all the other Paradox Pokémon within were going into police custody to be relocated somewhere safer, but once it became clear that it was loyal to her, and also helped them to make their arrest, the officers agreed to let her keep Crawly.

Finally, Eddie and ZZLZZ were on their way home, opting to ride on Crawly's back as the prehistoric insect crawled its way down Route 1. Eddie had his Pokédex out and was scanning Crawly with it for the first time.

"Slither Wing, the Paradox Pokémon. A Bug and Fighting-type," droned the device. "Slither Wing resembles an ancient form of Volcarona. Some theorize it was revived from Volcarona fossils from a prehistoric era."

"I'll give that Filbert Appletun one thing- he really meant it when he promised Pokémon we've never seen before," Eddie remarked. "Is this really a prehistoric Volcarona?"

"That's the theory," ZZLZZ said, light refracting off her glasses as she went on. "I read about this in a book they have in the Pewter Museum of Science. It's one of a number of prehistoric Pokémon said to be ancestors of modern day Pokémon like Volcarona or Salamence or Magneton-"

"Magneton has a prehistoric ancestor?" Eddie asked, intrigued. "When we get back to the lab, ZZLZZ, can you help me look into this? I have to admit, I'm very intrigued now."

"Sure, Eddie," smiled ZZLZZ. "Just a little farther, Crawly, we're almost there," she added. Crawly gave a nod and an affirmative hiss, and continued onward as Sludge Wave Coast came into view.

OOC: Trading ₽30,000 to Mask for his Slither Wing. Naming it Crawly, housing it in this Safari Ball (220 FC, Rank 4 claim), and as it doesn't yet have a Tera Type locked in, I'mma lock it in as Fire for Crawly here.

*Trade Commenced*
Old 03-19-2024, 12:56 AM   #1917
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quote:
Trading EBE my Lv. 1 Genderless Dracozolt for $500

*Trade Opened*
Trading $500 Pokedollars to Naru for their Genderless Dracozolt. Thanks.

Trade Closed.

Trading $4,000 Pokedollars (x2,000 for each Pokemon) to Maskerade for their Lv.1 Gliscor and Lv.50 Corviknight. Thanks.

Trade Started.

A total of $4,500 withdrawn.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 03-21-2024 at 04:37 PM.
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:49 AM   #1918
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"...bane bane Banette nette, Banette nette Banette," Willa repeated. "How was that?" she added.

"OK, you're getting there," Helena said. "I could understand bits and pieces of that. Let's try it one more time, and listen to the inflection." She cleared her throat, and switched to Banette language. "The wild Thievul used Dark Pulse."

Willa took a deep breath. "The wild Thievul used Hyperspace Fury," she repeated. "...what?" she demanded, for Helena had started to giggle.

"...you said Hyperspace Fury instead of Dark Pulse," Helena responded. "Other than that, though, you almost had it. Myrtle was right, you're really starting to get the hang of Banette language!"

Willa sighed. "Well, I'm glad you think so," she said. "Helena, I appreciate you taking over for Myrtle while Keith's training with her."

"Happy to help, Willa," smiled Helena. "I love that you're trying to learn it for Keith. I think he'll really appreciate it."

"I certainly hope he will," Willa murmured, smiling as well. "...Helena, before we resume, I just want to talk to you about something."

"...what is it?" Helena asked.

"It has not escaped my notice that I... did not have much of anything to give you when you became a Trainer again," said Willa.

At this point, Helena hugged her sister-in-law. "Oh, Willa!" she exclaimed. "I don't need you to give me anything! I'm just happy that you're fine with me continuing to live here even in human form."

"Well, naturally I am," Willa responded, hugging Helena back. "But I still felt bad about not really doing anything for the occasion. So when I was out for a walk earlier today, I happened upon a Pokémon I remember you saying you'd always wanted to catch, so..." she trailed off, taking out an Ultra Ball.

Helena's mouth fell open. "You didn't," she whispered. "Is that-"

"It's not Teddy," Willa interrupted, forestalling the obvious question. "I was not that lucky. But this is something you've mentioned wanting." And she threw the ball, which split open to reveal a sizable pink creature with a long tongue protruding from its mouth.

"A Lickitung!" breathed Helena, digging out her Pokédex.

"Lickitung, the Licking Pokémon. A Normal-type," droned the device. "Lickitung's tongue can extend to twice its own height. It licks its prey to induce paralysis, then swallows the prey whole."

"Aw, hello!" Helena smiled. "I'm Helena, nice to meet you, little guy!"

The Lickitung perked up. "Helena? You're the nice lady this lady talked about! She was right, you're really pretty!"

Helena smiled gratefully at Willa. "You told him about me? And called me pretty in the process?" she said.

"Well, obviously," Willa responded with the merest hint of a smile. "He's been quite eager to meet you, too."

"Well, he's perfect," Helena declared, hugging Lickitung, who thankfully hugged back with his arm as opposed to his tongue. "I'm gonna name him Tastebud."

"An interesting name, for sure," Willa nodded. "At the very least a better one than I would ever be able to come up with."

"Willa, don't sell yourself short," grinned Helena. "Keith told me that you're the one who named Amy."

"I... I consider that a fluke," Willa muttered. "To this day I'm not sure whether Keith was merely humoring me when he told me he liked the name..."

Helena put an arm around her sister-in-law. "Take it from someone who can taste emotions- he wasn't humoring you," she stated. Willa had nothing to say in response to this, and so she simply smiled back while Tastebud wandered around the library.

OOC: Trading ₽250 to Mask for his level 1 male Lickitung. Naming him Tastebud, housing him in Ultra Ball #1 of 10, and since I'm pretty sure no Ability or Tera Type was ever locked in, stating them to be Cloud Nine and Ghost respectively.

*Trade Commenced*
Old 03-21-2024, 04:25 PM   #1919
Alilatias
Boulder Badge

Trading 3,000 Pokedollars to Maskerade for Reina the Lv. 26 female Lapras. Declaring her Tera Type to be Electric and placing her in a Dive Ball.

*Trade opened!*

Last edited by Alilatias; 03-21-2024 at 04:44 PM.
Alilatias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 09:00 PM   #1920
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Trading my Lv1 Male Litwick w/ Acid Armor to Naru for $500.

Trade Started
Old 03-23-2024, 11:18 AM   #1921
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Double posting but

Trading Maskerade $1000 for their Male Trapinch and $200 for their Male Bunnelby.

Also trading my Shiny Spray from Staff Rewards 150 for their Kartana.

*Trades Opened*
Trading a Lv1 Bunnelby with Rollout and Defense Curl, a Lv1 Kartana and the Trapinch below, to Naru for a total of $1200 and a Shiny Spray.

Trapinch
Level: 1
Bond: 0
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Mild
Obtained: The Hatchery
Level-up Moves: Astonish, Bide, Bite, Feint, Feint Attack, Fissure, Sand Attack, Superpower
EM/MT Moves: -
TM/TR Moves: -

*trade closed*

Quote:
"What's this gonna be like, Eddie?" ZZLZZ asked.

"I'm not sure," Eddie responded. "But if an eccentric billionaire is looking to open up a Safari Zone full of rare and unusual Pokémon, I think it's definitely worth checking out." He looked at the ornate invitation in his hand- he'd received this in the mail a week ago. "The invitation promised Pokémon unlike anything we've ever seen before. For them to make this claim on an invitation sent specifically to a cryptopokologist... naturally, that's going to attract my attention," he grinned.

"Eddie, thanks for bringing me along," smiled ZZLZZ. "I was sure you were gonna bring Rose."

"That was indeed my first thought," Eddie admitted. "But Rose had already made plans to train with Helena today, and far be it from me to disrupt their plans," he smiled. "Besides, you've read up on all manner of Bug-types. Perhaps if there are any rare and unusual Bug-types in here, you can teach me a thing or two."

"Heheh, that'd be cool," chuckled the glitched-out Bug Catcher. "I'd love to- WAH!" she shrieked, for at that moment, an Abra appeared out of thin air in front of them. It floated up, inspected the invitation in Eddie's hand, and with a satisfied nod, placed a hand on Eddie and ZZLZZ's shoulders, and Teleported them away.

In an instant, they found themselves in what appeared to be some sort of lobby. "Ah, good, thank you, Abra," came a voice from behind them. Eddie and ZZLZZ turned to see a man standing there, offering a handshake, with an Alolan Raticate by his side. "Edward Starmie, I presume? Filbert J. Appletun, at your service. And this is...?" he added, eyeing ZZLZZ.

"My sister, ZZLZZ Starmie. She's my plus-one," Eddie replied.

"Ah, yes, of course," nodded Mr. Appletun. "A pleasure, ZZLZZ."

"N-nice to meet you, sir," ZZLZZ said timidly, shaking the man's hand. This spread her perpetual glitching effect to him until they broke contact, but Mr. Appletun didn't look fazed.

"The pleasure is all mine, of course," Mr. Appletun responded with a smile. "Now, then, I do believe that makes everyone, so I should get to making the announcement. Everyone, please find a seat!" he called out as he made his way up to the front of the room, where a podium had been set up. Eddie and ZZLZZ found seats next to each other, and sat down, and once everyone else was seated, Mr. Appletun spoke up again. "Ladies and gentlemen, distinguished guests, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to a special sneak preview of the Fizzytopia Safari Zone! Each and every one of you have been brought here by way of Abra's Teleport so as to ensure the topmost of secrecy, for I would rather not disclose the location to the public until we are well and truly ready to open."

"I wonder why that is," ZZLZZ frowned.

Eddie shrugged. "They don't call him an eccentric billionaire for nothing," he replied. ZZLZZ nodded, but she wasn't fully convinced.

"Now, if you will all look under your seats, you will each find a Safari Ball," stated Mr. Appletun. "Obviously, upon our opening, paying guests will be given a full suite of 30 Safari Balls, plus all the rocks and bait they could hope for. Tonight, however, since you obviously only have the one ball, you will instead be permitted to bring one partner Pokémon with you into the park in order to weaken and catch a Pokémon within."

ZZLZZ and Eddie had indeed found Safari Balls under their seats, and exchanged grins at the prospect of catching new Pokémon in this place. "Well, I'll be using Gigawatt, I think," said Eddie. "What about you, ZZLZZ?"

"Crusher, for sure," she grinned. "Eddie, this is so exciting!"

"Now, then, I do believe that is everything," said Mr. Appletun. "Will everyone please bring out their chosen partner Pokémon, and prepare to follow me?"

Poké Balls opened up all over. Eddie and ZZLZZ could see various Pokémon materializing- a couple of Alolan Persian, a Porygon or two, even a Rampardos and a Gholdengo. Eddie sent out his Normal Form Electrode, while ZZLZZ sent out her Pinsir. And as the Pinsir looked around, he stopped as he saw the man standing at the front. "Hm?" ZZLZZ murmured. "Crusher, what is it?"

"Ssssssir! Pinssss!" hissed Crusher, pointing at Mr. Appletun, the memory of his last encounter with the man fresh in his mind. Then, without warning, the Pinsir lunged towards Mr. Appletun's Alolan Raticate!

"No! Crusher, don't!" ZZLZZ exclaimed, racing after the Bug-type and trying to hold him back. "M-Mr. Appletun, sir, I- I'm so sorry, I don't know what's gotten into-"

"Oh, it's quite all right, but you should really get a handle on your Pokémon before entering the Safari Zo- hm?" he murmured, for his Alolan Raticate was hissing angrily at Crusher. "Raticate, really now, this is hardly the time for-" he cut himself off as he got a better look at Crusher, his eyes widening. "...no," he breathed.

"No? What- wait a minute. Mr. Appletun..." murmured ZZLZZ. Her own eyes widened as she looked at him, then at her Pinsir, then back to him. "You're-!"

"Ah, ladies and gentlemen, please do excuse us!" Mr. Appletun called out, cutting ZZLZZ short. "This lively young lady will, as a reward for her quick thinking, get first crack at the Safari Zone! If she would just... come... with... me," he added through gritted teeth, grabbing ZZLZZ by the wrist and all but dragging her through the nearby door.

"ZZLZZ!" Eddie called out just as Mr. Appletun had slammed the door shut.

On the other side of the door, Mr. Appletun threw ZZLZZ to the floor, while his Raticate held off Crusher. ZZLZZ glared up at the man. "You're the horrible man my girlfriend told me about. You're supposed to be in prison!" ZZLZZ declared.

"Girlfr- I knew I recognized that brat's Pinsir!" seethed Mr. Appletun, all traces of his gentlemanly demeanor vanished entirely. "Of all the... Well, it matters not," he exhaled. "Abra, if you would?" And at once, ZZLZZ found herself completely immobilized as Mr. Appletun's Abra held her in place with Telekinesis. "Oh, yes, I was in prison, but you know what? The law answers to a far higher power when all is said and done: cold, hard cash," he smirked. "Bribe the right judges and the legal system is your plaything. Now... I can't have my return to the public eye tarnished, can I? My little smear campaign against that brat will have to be expedited, and in the meantime, you'll have to be... dealt with. Abra, relieve her of all her Pokémon, including the ball for this Pinsir. We'll throw her in the Safari Zone, wait half an hour before letting the others in. That should be plenty of time for the inhabitants to do our dirty work for us."

Only once Abra had relieved ZZLZZ of her active team did it release its hold on the Bug Catcher. "You-!" she began, running at Mr. Appletun, only to cry out in pain as he slapped her in the face.

"Shut. Up," Mr. Appletun responded coldly. "I-" However, before he could say any more, he heard a knock at the door. "I'll be right with you," he said, his voice going back to a calm, gentlemanly voice.

"Uh, Mr. Appletun, I just wanted a word with my sister if she's still in there," came Eddie's voice from the other side.

"EDDIE! HELP!" ZZLZZ screamed at once.

"Abra, Teleport her into the Safari Zone at once!" Mr. Appletun barked, as loud thuds could be heard from the other side of the door. And by the time Eddie and Gigawatt had broken down the door, Abra had already vanished, and ZZLZZ along with.

~~~~~

ZZLZZ looked around. She appeared to have been left in a dense jungle of some sort. She was scared, but at the same time, something about this place felt... oddly comforting to her. She realized she was still clutching something spherical in one hand, but a look revealed it to be simply the empty Safari Ball- Abra had missed that. Well... it was better than nothing, she figured. Just... by how much?

~~~~~

"...was naught but a simple auditory hallucination, I daresay you aren't getting enough vitamins-" Mr. Appletun was saying to an increasingly infuriated Eddie.

"Mr. Appletun," Eddie interrupted. "Drop the pretense. I heard what I heard. You have one chance to keep this exchange amicable. Bring my sister back here at once."

"Well, now, you say you heard it, but-" Mr. Appletun stopped as Eddie threw a number of Poké Balls to the ground at once, sending out Missingno., Pikablu, Elle, and Incognito all at once without even breaking eye contact.

With all his Pokémon looking at him curiously, Eddie pointed at Mr. Appletun. "He kidnapped ZZLZZ," was all he said. And as one, the gathered Pokémon slowly turned to face the coldhearted billionaire, the fury on their faces palpable, even for the Klinklang. However, Mr. Appletun snapped his fingers, and his Abra materialized in front of him. His Raticate stepped forward as well, and he threw four Rocket Balls, sending out a Purugly, a Weavile, a Houndoom, and a Gholdengo that sparkled as it appeared.

~~~~~

ZZLZZ had begun to explore the vast expanse, feeling completely defenseless without her Pokémon. She still had the Safari Ball and her Butterfree net, but somehow they failed to reassure her, especially as she saw what appeared to be a wild-looking Mega Salamence soared overhead. "What..." she breathed. "Wait a second... if that was... then maybe there are...!" And she began looking around with renewed interest.

Soon enough, she covered her mouth, body glitching out particularly wildly as she spotted a colossus of an insect ambling through the trees. "I knew there had to be these in here!" she breathed. And then, as if it heard her, the creature turned its head sharply to face her.

"Thhhhherrrr," it hissed, eyeing ZZLZZ, who eyed it right back, looking undeterred. And then, maintaining eye contact, ZZLZZ began to walk towards the colossal creepy-crawly. It did not dare to move, maintaining eye contact, just as ZZLZZ herself was doing. And then, when she got close enough, ZZLZZ slowly reached out, and began stroking the creature's head. Tense at first, the creature's tension slowly melted away. "Therrrr wiiiiiiing," it hissed, in a slightly calmer tone.

"There you go," smiled ZZLZZ. "I bet you're hungry, right? That horrible man probably didn't feed you, did he? Well, I got some food you might like. I have another Pokémon that loves it, and you're not that far removed from it." As she spoke, she dug a plastic bag out of her bag, filled with pellets of Pokémon food. A Volcarona sticker was affixed to the outside of the bag. ZZLZZ took a handful of these pellets out, and set them down on the ground. At once, the creature chowed down on them, and upon swallowing, its hissing took on a far happier tone. "I knew you'd like them," grinned ZZLZZ. Then, she looked at the Safari Ball she'd put in her bag when reaching for the Volcarona food. "...I have an idea," she said.

~~~~~

"Houndoom! Fire Blast!" barked Mr. Appletun.

"Elle! Water Gun!" Eddie shouted.

The attacks flew at once. Mr. Appletun's Mega Houndoom let fly a sizzling Fire Blast, while Elle and Lowercase, the Mega Kangaskhan duo linked by a strong Parental Bond, let fly twin jets of water. The attacks exploded in midair, blasting them all backwards. They fainted on the spot, returning to normal, but Eddie wasn't happy- that was his last Pokémon standing, while Mr. Appletun still had his Shiny Gholdengo.

"Now I think we understand each other," smirked Mr. Appletun. "Gholdengo, let's throw him in there too. He- hm?" he murmured, for a rumbling noise was starting to make itself heard. "What on earth...?" he added, for the rumbling was getting louder, coming from the door that seemed to lead into the Safari Zone itself.

"Use Heavy Slam!!!"

And the door was blasted off its hinges at once, Eddie's eyes widening as he saw why- ZZLZZ had rode in, on the back of what looked like a monstrous flightless Volcarona. "ZZLZZ! Are you OK?" Eddie asked.

"Never been better, Eddie!" beamed ZZLZZ. "I made a new friend, too!"

"Impossible!" exclaimed Mr. Appletun. "How did you tame that Slither Wing?! Bah- no matter! I'll get it out of the way!" he added, as he drew a Master Ball out of his pocket and heaved it at the Slither Wing. However, the ball only opened up for a second or so, before snapping shut and clattering uselessly to the floor.

ZZLZZ grinned, holding up her Safari Ball as she jumped down off the Slither Wing's back. "I already caught it, you're too late!" she declared.

"Gaaaah, fine, then! Gholdengo, attack using Make It Rain!" commanded Mr. Appletun.

"Crawly, Flare Blitz!" ZZLZZ ordered.

"THERRRRR WIIIIING!" hissed Crawly as its entire body caught fire. It then charged at Gholdengo, heedless of the barrage of coins being launched its way, and slammed into the Coin Entity Pokémon with great force, sending it flying into the wall on the opposite side.

"Now! High Horsepower!" ZZLZZ commanded. And with all the force of an oncoming freight train, Crawly barreled into the dazed Gholdengo, and had the added effect of crashing through the wall. Screams rang out as ZZLZZ's newest Pokémon stumbled into the lobby.

"No... not again," Mr. Appletun was saying as Eddie marched up to him, and without so much as a word, decked Mr. Appletun in the face with every ounce of might he possessed. He then followed up with a swift kick right to the Sludge Bombs, getting the billionaire to double over, wheezing in indescribable pain as he fell to the floor.

"...Don't touch my sister," Eddie spat with a withering glare. He then turned around and walked away without another word, and Mr. Appletun in no fit state to respond.

~~~~~

Several hours later, things were starting to settle down. Eddie had been able to contact the authorities, who had taken Mr. Appletun into custody once more. The bewildered patrons were pacified with the promise of compensation for their wasted evening, before being Teleported away by way of an officer's Gallade. And Eddie and ZZLZZ had given their statements (Eddie somewhat reluctantly- he for one never fully trusted Fizzytopian law enforcement, but conceded them to be a necessary evil in this situation). ZZLZZ had been worried about revealing that she had caught a Slither Wing in the Safari Zone, as all the other Paradox Pokémon within were going into police custody to be relocated somewhere safer, but once it became clear that it was loyal to her, and also helped them to make their arrest, the officers agreed to let her keep Crawly.

Finally, Eddie and ZZLZZ were on their way home, opting to ride on Crawly's back as the prehistoric insect crawled its way down Route 1. Eddie had his Pokédex out and was scanning Crawly with it for the first time.

"Slither Wing, the Paradox Pokémon. A Bug and Fighting-type," droned the device. "Slither Wing resembles an ancient form of Volcarona. Some theorize it was revived from Volcarona fossils from a prehistoric era."

"I'll give that Filbert Appletun one thing- he really meant it when he promised Pokémon we've never seen before," Eddie remarked. "Is this really a prehistoric Volcarona?"

"That's the theory," ZZLZZ said, light refracting off her glasses as she went on. "I read about this in a book they have in the Pewter Museum of Science. It's one of a number of prehistoric Pokémon said to be ancestors of modern day Pokémon like Volcarona or Salamence or Magneton-"

"Magneton has a prehistoric ancestor?" Eddie asked, intrigued. "When we get back to the lab, ZZLZZ, can you help me look into this? I have to admit, I'm very intrigued now."

"Sure, Eddie," smiled ZZLZZ. "Just a little farther, Crawly, we're almost there," she added. Crawly gave a nod and an affirmative hiss, and continued onward as Sludge Wave Coast came into view.

OOC: Trading ₽30,000 to Mask for his Slither Wing. Naming it Crawly, housing it in this Safari Ball (220 FC, Rank 4 claim), and as it doesn't yet have a Tera Type locked in, I'mma lock it in as Fire for Crawly here.

*Trade Commenced*
Trading Slither Wing with the stats below to MM for $30.000

Slither Wing
Ability: Protosynthesis
Nature: Quirky
Obtained: The Hatchery
Moves: Bug Buzz,Bug Bite, Close Combat, Ember, Flare Blitz, Giga Drain, Gust, Heavy Slam, High Horsepower, Hurricane, Morning Sun, Sunny Day, Wild Charge, Zen Headbutt

*trade closed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue Eye View Post
Trading $500 Pokedollars to Naru for their Genderless Dracozolt. Thanks.

Trade Closed.

Trading $4,000 Pokedollars (x2,000 for each Pokemon) to Maskerade for their Lv.1 Gliscor and Lv.50 Corviknight. Thanks.

Trade Started.

A total of $4,500 withdrawn.
Trading the Gliscor and Corviknight with the stats below to EBE for $4000

Corviknight
Level: 50
Ability: Mirror Armor
Nature: Serious
Obtained: Caught in Galar Release Event
Moves: Brave Bird, Drill Peck, Dual Wingbeat, Fury Attack, Hone Claws, Hurricane, Iron Defense, Leer, Metal Sound, Peck, Pluck, Power Trip, Protect, Roost, Scary Face, Steel Beam, Steel Wing, Swagger, Taunt

Gliscor
Name: Vesper
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Jolly
Obtained: Adoption Center
Moves: Fire Fang, Guillotine, Harden, Ice Fang, Knock Off, Night Slash, Poison Jab, Poison Sting, Sand Attack, Slash, Thunder Fang

*trade closed*

Quote:
"...bane bane Banette nette, Banette nette Banette," Willa repeated. "How was that?" she added.

"OK, you're getting there," Helena said. "I could understand bits and pieces of that. Let's try it one more time, and listen to the inflection." She cleared her throat, and switched to Banette language. "The wild Thievul used Dark Pulse."

Willa took a deep breath. "The wild Thievul used Hyperspace Fury," she repeated. "...what?" she demanded, for Helena had started to giggle.

"...you said Hyperspace Fury instead of Dark Pulse," Helena responded. "Other than that, though, you almost had it. Myrtle was right, you're really starting to get the hang of Banette language!"

Willa sighed. "Well, I'm glad you think so," she said. "Helena, I appreciate you taking over for Myrtle while Keith's training with her."

"Happy to help, Willa," smiled Helena. "I love that you're trying to learn it for Keith. I think he'll really appreciate it."

"I certainly hope he will," Willa murmured, smiling as well. "...Helena, before we resume, I just want to talk to you about something."

"...what is it?" Helena asked.

"It has not escaped my notice that I... did not have much of anything to give you when you became a Trainer again," said Willa.

At this point, Helena hugged her sister-in-law. "Oh, Willa!" she exclaimed. "I don't need you to give me anything! I'm just happy that you're fine with me continuing to live here even in human form."

"Well, naturally I am," Willa responded, hugging Helena back. "But I still felt bad about not really doing anything for the occasion. So when I was out for a walk earlier today, I happened upon a Pokémon I remember you saying you'd always wanted to catch, so..." she trailed off, taking out an Ultra Ball.

Helena's mouth fell open. "You didn't," she whispered. "Is that-"

"It's not Teddy," Willa interrupted, forestalling the obvious question. "I was not that lucky. But this is something you've mentioned wanting." And she threw the ball, which split open to reveal a sizable pink creature with a long tongue protruding from its mouth.

"A Lickitung!" breathed Helena, digging out her Pokédex.

"Lickitung, the Licking Pokémon. A Normal-type," droned the device. "Lickitung's tongue can extend to twice its own height. It licks its prey to induce paralysis, then swallows the prey whole."

"Aw, hello!" Helena smiled. "I'm Helena, nice to meet you, little guy!"

The Lickitung perked up. "Helena? You're the nice lady this lady talked about! She was right, you're really pretty!"

Helena smiled gratefully at Willa. "You told him about me? And called me pretty in the process?" she said.

"Well, obviously," Willa responded with the merest hint of a smile. "He's been quite eager to meet you, too."

"Well, he's perfect," Helena declared, hugging Lickitung, who thankfully hugged back with his arm as opposed to his tongue. "I'm gonna name him Tastebud."

"An interesting name, for sure," Willa nodded. "At the very least a better one than I would ever be able to come up with."

"Willa, don't sell yourself short," grinned Helena. "Keith told me that you're the one who named Amy."

"I... I consider that a fluke," Willa muttered. "To this day I'm not sure whether Keith was merely humoring me when he told me he liked the name..."

Helena put an arm around her sister-in-law. "Take it from someone who can taste emotions- he wasn't humoring you," she stated. Willa had nothing to say in response to this, and so she simply smiled back while Tastebud wandered around the library.

OOC: Trading ₽250 to Mask for his level 1 male Lickitung. Naming him Tastebud, housing him in Ultra Ball #1 of 10, and since I'm pretty sure no Ability or Tera Type was ever locked in, stating them to be Cloud Nine and Ghost respectively.

*Trade Commenced*
Trading Lv1 Lickitung with Amnesia and Sleep Talk to MM for $250

*trade closed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alilatias View Post
Trading 3,000 Pokedollars to Maskerade for Reina the Lv. 26 female Lapras. Declaring her Tera Type to be Electric and placing her in a Dive Ball.

*Trade opened!*
Trading Lapras with the stats below to Alilatias for $3000

Lapras
Level: 26
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Mild
Obtained: Trade with Naru
Moves: Avalanche, Body Slam, Bulldoze, Confuse Ray, Dragon Pulse, Freeze-Dry, Growl, Ice Barrier, Ice Shard, Life Dew, Mist, Perish Song, Rain Dance, Sing, Sparkling Aria, Surf, Water Gun, Waterfall, Water Pulse, Whirlpool

*trade closed*

Last edited by Maskerade; 03-23-2024 at 09:48 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 12:26 PM   #1922
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
Trading my Lv1 Male Litwick w/ Acid Armor to Naru for $500.

Trade Started
Trading Peegee $500 for their Male Litwick.

Thank you!

*Trade Closed*

~~~~~~~~~~~

Trading Ironthunder my Female Crobat for $500. Stats spoilered below.

Eli
Let the Right One In, John Ajvide Lindqvist

Crobat | Female | ??? Nature
Level 27 | Poison/Flying | Traded
Holding: Nothing | Pokéball: Vampire Ball
Synergy: 12 | Tera Type: Ground

- (Lv. 22) - > - (Synergy) - >

Infiltrator [This Pokémon ignores barriers put up by opponents]

Natural Moves
Absorb, Gust, Leech Life, Supersonic, Wing Attack, Astonish, Hypnosis, Bite, Mean Look, Swift, Poison Fang, Confuse Ray, Air Cutter, Haze, Quick Guard, Cross Poison, Crunch, Quick Attack, Screech, Tailwind, Toxic, Acrobatics (30), Air Slash (33), Venoshock (37)
Egg / Move Tutor Moves
Venom Drench, Pursuit, Gummi Bomb (Ground)CM
TM / HM Moves
Giga Drain

*Trade opened*

~~~~~~~~~~~

Trading Marion Ette my Shuppet for $500. Stats spoilered below:

Cornflower
Redwall, Brian Jacques

Shuppet | Female | ??? Nature
Level 04 | Ghost | Adopted
Holding: Nothing | Pokéball: Poke Ball
Synergy: 00 | Tera Type: Ghost

- (Lv. 37) - >

Cursed Body [Chance of disabling moves that hit the Pokemon]

tba

Natural Moves
Astonish, Knock Off, Screech, Night Shade (07), Spite (10), Curse (13), Shadow Sneak (13), Will-O-Wisp (13), Feint Attack (19), Pain Split (19), Hex (22), Shadow Ball (30), Embargo (34), Role Play (34), Sucker Punch (34), Snatch (42), Trick (42), Grudge (46), Phantom Force (4
Egg / Move Tutor Moves
Trick
TM / HM Moves
Thief

*Trade Opened*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trading Enigma my Maschiff and Pangoro for $1000 each ($2000 total). Stats spoilered below:

Luther
The Warriors, Sol Yurick

Pangoro | Male | ??? Nature
Level 35 | Fighting/Dark | Adopted (Starter)
Synergy: 00 | Tera Type: Dark

- (Lv. 32 w/ Dark Type) - >

Scrappy [This Pokémon's fighting and normal moves can hit ghosts]

Natural Moves
Bullet Punch, Night Slash, Arm Thrust, Entrainment, Hammer Arm, Leer, Low Sweep, Tackle, Taunt, Work Up, Circle Throw, Karate Chop, Comet Punch, Slash, Vital Throw, Body Slam, Crunch, Parting Shot (40), Sky Uppercut (4
Egg / Move Tutor Moves
Power Trip
TM / HM Moves
Darkest Lariat

Brownie
The Brownie of Bodsbeck, James Hogg

Maschiff | Female | Bashful Nature
Level 08 | Dark | Traded
Synergy: 00 | Tera Type: Dark

- (Lv. 30) - >

Run Away [This Pokémon finds running away easy]

Natural Moves
Leer, Scary Face, Tackle, Lick, Snarl, Hone Claws (10), Bite (14), Roar (1, Headbutt (22), Payback (26), Crunch (31), Swagger (35), Reversal (39), Jaw Lock (43), Double-Edge (49)

Egg / Move Tutor Moves
Retaliate
TM / HM Moves
Play Rough

*Trade opened*
Old 03-24-2024, 04:14 PM   #1923
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:

Trading Ironthunder my Female Crobat for $500. Stats spoilered below.

Eli
Let the Right One In, John Ajvide Lindqvist

Crobat | Female | ??? Nature
Level 27 | Poison/Flying | Traded
Holding: Nothing | Pokéball: Vampire Ball
Synergy: 12 | Tera Type: Ground

- (Lv. 22) - > - (Synergy) - >

Infiltrator [This Pokémon ignores barriers put up by opponents]

Natural Moves
Absorb, Gust, Leech Life, Supersonic, Wing Attack, Astonish, Hypnosis, Bite, Mean Look, Swift, Poison Fang, Confuse Ray, Air Cutter, Haze, Quick Guard, Cross Poison, Crunch, Quick Attack, Screech, Tailwind, Toxic, Acrobatics (30), Air Slash (33), Venoshock (37)
Egg / Move Tutor Moves
Venom Drench, Pursuit, Gummi Bomb (Ground)CM
TM / HM Moves
Giga Drain

*Trade opened*
Trading Naru $500 for a lv27 Female Crobat.

[Trade Closed.]

Last edited by Ironthunder; 03-24-2024 at 04:21 PM.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:06 PM   #1924
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Even the strongest and bravest must sometimes weep.

Quote:
Trading Marion Ette my Shuppet for $500. Stats spoilered below:

Cornflower
Redwall, Brian Jacques

Shuppet | Female | ??? Nature
Level 04 | Ghost | Adopted
Synergy: 00 | Tera Type: Ghost

- (Lv. 37) - >

Cursed Body [Chance of disabling moves that hit the Pokemon]

tba

Natural Moves
Astonish, Knock Off, Screech, Night Shade (07), Spite (10), Curse (13), Shadow Sneak (13), Will-O-Wisp (13), Feint Attack (19), Pain Split (19), Hex (22), Shadow Ball (30), Embargo (34), Role Play (34), Sucker Punch (34), Snatch (42), Trick (42), Grudge (46), Phantom Force (4
Egg / Move Tutor Moves
Trick
TM / HM Moves
Thief

*Trade Opened*
For a long time, Jaycee lay unmoving, with only the baby Komala he was clutching to his chest as comfort. The sheer terror of what he had experienced at the Hatchery - running from the collapsing building as his once-dead cousin laughed like mad, wearing clothing that wasn't hers, carrying Pokemon that didn't belong to her - and yet, they somehow did. Whoever they belonged to before... Either that trainer no longer existed, or they never really did. Jaycee wasn't sure which possibility frightened him more. Faesight was not supposed to grant that level of power - not even close. Perhaps he was simply misunderstanding the situation, or Ffion was playing some kind of perverse prank...

Jaycee closes his eyes, and tries to mentally retrace his steps. He had run here from the Hatchery, after being unceremoniously yanked between realities. Before that, he was at Fizzytopian Parks and Wildlife, chatting with Noel. He had decided on this course of action after his attempt to retrace the narrative to May of 2017 at the Bar had been unsuccessful, and -

Wait.

The thread he had been searching for in May of 2017 was Ffion's. It was one of the last known instances he was aware of that the narrative revealed her alive, as she had died in 2018. He had been searching for traces of her - this, he could recall. But why...?

"Hm - hm - hm. Just look at you..."

Jaycee snorts, irritated at the sudden presence of a disembodied female voice, who addresses him with a strange, inhuman cadence. The last thing he needed was more evil, eccentric women accosting him, especially when he had no way of knowing whether said woman even existed in this timeline without Bogie's scent-marking to indicate someone from reality. Komala continues to sleep peacefully on Jaycee's stomach, and the trainer simply sighs, trying to tune out the voice. Perhaps ignoring her would make her go away -

"Exquisite taste, really. Layers of fear, dulcet doubt, sweet anguish. Do you wish to let it go?"

Jaycee keeps his eyes forward, body unmoving. Whatever this voice was offering, it was too good to be true, and yet...

"Suspicious? They always are. Well, here -" Before him materializes a small, female Shuppet. She tilts her head, examining Jaycee. "Yes, I know. I'm very scary. Please get your screaming out of the way promptly and at a reasonable volume - cloth ears are sensitive, you know."

"A spirit?" Jaycee ponders, eyeing the Shuppet carefully. "Whose ghost might you be, then?"

The Shuppet sticks her tongue out and winks. "Ahaha! What a silly question. Everything has to be black and white with you trainers. One-to-one. One dead for every one living. You're just another one of the dull-eyed Wooloo, hm? 'Baaa, baaa! Ghost is a literal term! Ghost is nothing more or less than a once-breathing soul, complete and entire in its new unlife!' How little you know."

Jaycee sighs heavily, his head pounding. He was in no mood for this. "Yet, you speak the human language, like a spirit would..."

"Hmph. Simple computers can speak your inelegant tongue. Now, please be quiet a moment." The female Shuppet inhales, and Jaycee feels his negative emotions lift from his body, gently sucked away by the Shuppet, and an immediate anxiety rises in him.

"Wait, wait, WAIT -"

"What's the matter?" The Shuppet asks, licking her lips. "Only happy when it rains? Enjoying your miserable wallowing under grey skies too much to spare any...?"

"I just... I don't like that you're just... taking my emotions away..." Jaycee grimaces. "I've already lost so much of myself, and I -"

"What did you lose? Maybe I can help you find it." The Shuppet grins. "But first, we need to dispel you of your ignorance. Gaining knowledge is surely the first step to helping you become whole again. If it isn't, it will at least make me endure your presence longer, which is recompense enough."

"...Enlighten me," Jaycee responds gruffly.

"Well, take me, for example. I have no memory of life - I have no death to recollect. I'm just a floating cloth, animated by emotions, feelings, snippets - bits and pieces of spiritual stuff that just happened to coalesce into... me! Amazing, yes?"

"And what emotions are those, pray tell?" Jaycee pauses, and the animated Pokémon suddenly turns sullen.

"...I would rather not talk about them," the Shuppet finally says, but immediately lights back up again. "Let's talk about YOURS instead, hm? They're delicious, you see, and I can tell that they weigh you down entirely much. So why not give them to me? I can grow, and you can breathe a sigh of relief, and we can all live happily ever after, as the dull-eyed Wooloo say."

At this, Jaycee snorts. "And what will you grow INTO? I've heard enough stories about Banette as a species to think that it wouldn't be anything good. Those emotions of yours - the ones you won't talk about - if you keep feeding them, what will you become, then?"

A flash of something almost like respect sparks in the Shuppet's eyes, and she grins mysteriously.

"Now, that's a good question... but there is no becoming for me. I am what is dead and gone. No person, no place, no thing. Not even a memory. What I gather is emptiness - what I plant, rotted before it even sprouts. Laughter erased. Tears undone."

Jaycee looks into the Shuppet's eyes a while, and sees no deception - no guile. Either the little ghost was a master manipulator, or honestly describing herself. At her level, he guessed the latter.

"Do you have a name, then?"

"They never gave me one."

"Who are 'they'?"

"The ones who are like me - cloth shreds with no recollection of life. We greet each other, sometimes, hanging by the windows of the jealous, or surrounding a funeral, easing the pain of mourners. We gather, whisper stories and secrets - forgotten things, the words others have cast away - and feast, and then go our way, to reunite again when suitable emotions draw us together once more. We are not fit to capture - our tales too fragmented, too incomplete, too vague for any other narrator."

"Wait - you mention a narrator." Jaycee narrows his eyes. "Are you familiar with faesight?"

"I don't watch television. How many episodes is it? I don't have the focus for anything long, and it's all trite and cliche, anyhow." The Shuppet makes a face. "I watch enough of it hovering by the windows of dwellings at nightfall, hoping for a meal. You living have terrible taste... But a good tragedy always gets the tears flowing, to my benefit."

Jaycee scoffs. Well, that answered his question, in a roundabout way. "Whatever. Would you LIKE a name?"

"No."

Jaycee sighs heavily. "So, what now, Shuppet? Are you going to float off to find some other sad sack to steal emotions from?"

"Steal." The Shuppet laughs darkly. "You're the type of person who would accuse Trubbish of stealing your trash after throwing it in bags on the sidewalk. Are you that possessive of what you wish to cast aside?"

"You never asked me my name."

"I don't care enough to, trash-thrower."

Jaycee snorts, picking up the sleeping Komala, and beginning to walk away. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the female Shuppet appear to pout, before vanishing... Good riddance, he supposed.

He continued on his way, mumbling angrily, before the feeling began to slowly fade. In its place... The realization returning that all he had left was this Komala, which was intended for Jane. Once given away, he would have no Pokémon left. That Shuppet was a terrible little brat, sure enough, but maybe...?

"Oh-ho? What's this I taste?"

Jaycee nearly bumps into the smiling Shuppet as she materializes before him once again, snarling as he does.

"Are you stalking me, Shuppet?"

"Still so rude. Well, I suppose I'll be on my way -"

"W-wait. Wait, Shuppet."

"What do you want?" The Shuppet narrows her eyes. "To call the police? Arrest me for the crime of merely following the same path as you? It might be worth it just to see those greased pigs attempt to put me in handcuffs. Imagine!"

"Hmph. I was just going to say that maybe we should travel together."

"Fine... fine. Keep your Pokeballs to yourself, sir, and we can take a stroll... Or something like it. One doesn't really stroll when one floats, if we're to be technical about the whole thing." The Shuppet pauses a moment, as if considering. "Though... I admit, I am curious."

"About..?"

"If you were to name me, what would it be?"

"Faina. It means -"

"I hate it."

Jaycee grits his teeth, trying to keep his cool. "Well, then -"

"Faina it is. Let's go."

Jaycee didn't need to be told twice to keep moving, with Faina following beside. He didn't exactly feel like this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship, but at least it was the beginning of... Something.

---

Trading $500 for Naru's Female Shuppet, stats quoted, and naming her Faina. Thank you!!!

Last edited by Marion Ette; 03-25-2024 at 08:26 PM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Shops