UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 06-16-2020, 02:32 AM   #1
Emp
Volcano Badge

Scraggy Emp's Art

I feel like I’m drawing a lot more so I’d like to start sharing my content, hopefully improving as I go.

Reserving post for... Reasons

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:51 AM   #2
Emp
Volcano Badge

Scraggy UPC restorations

When I returned to UPN last year I was sad to find most of the art in my Photobucket account had a big watermark splashed against it. While I eventually paid the $5 to access my art (F you Photobucket!) I had an incredibly fun time restoring the designs of my fakemon on my tablet with sharper lines, better shading etc. The light references still aren’t perfect, particularly on Porossal, but I wanted to stay true to the original designs in a way.

Spoiler: show

As mentioned in another thread I’m really proud of these Pokemon ten years later, fortunately there hasn’t been a sponge introduced to steal their thunder yet! On a side note, I hope the UPC can return to FB one day, it’s an interesting part of the game’s history and lore.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 06-16-2020 at 06:13 AM.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:55 AM   #3
Emp
Volcano Badge

Scraggy Doodling Dingos

This is a dingo illustration I put together after spending a week in Uluru last year. It was really cool (and scary) sleeping to their howls as they patrolled around our camp. Dingos get a bad rap but they’re pretty much still just doggos and very timid around people.

I had only recently gotten my iPad and I think I was trying too hard to recreate a vector art technique. I'm happy with it but it took way too long for the output.

I showed the illustration to a friend I met when travelling up to Darwin. He asked me to draw him a dingo tattoo which he actually went and got when he went to Thailand the following month! It’s a very simple design but I’m still pretty damn proud it lives on someone’s body forever.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 06-16-2020, 02:58 AM   #4
Emp
Volcano Badge

Scraggy Hoodlems and Mushrooms

Scrafty has been my favourite Pokemon pretty much since it was introduced in Gen V. I drew art of it in Flash 10 years ago when I was first getting into digital drawing. I have barely drawn since getting my iPad but it was surprisingly easy to recreate.

This was supposed to be a bigger project where I drew Scrafty with the pants / hood of different reptile Pokemon (Heliolisk, Salazzle, Sandaconda, Flapple) similar to those breeding variant pieces you see, but I think I’ll need to go back and draw something derpier / more cartoon looking to nail the comedic tone I’m going for. Still, it looks better in my signature than the old image.

I whipped this banner together for an FB adventure exclusively featuring mushroom Pokemon. The mushroom caps are based off of Breloom, Amoongus, Parasect and Shiiontic respectively. I considered half way whether it would look better to draw stems that kept to their appearance or whether to draw their faces / bodies entirely but decided against it. I’m fairly happy with how it turned out and have a newfound appreciation for mushroom Pokemon, it’s criminal that a kingdom separate to animals and plants is so underrepresented in the franchise!

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 06-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #5
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria Typing this on the ipad was THE WORST

Oh hem GEE I am in love with your art! I’m really excited that you made an art thread, I look forward to seeing you improve! I’ve always admired your style- your weighted but bold lines and choice of colors work perfectly with each other. It’s distinct and recognizable and shows a lot of detail yet is still somehow simple? Does that make sense?

Your upc!! It’s a no brainer that porossol is a really good idea and design, and your style just fits them so well. I also hate when image hosting sites just. Stop hosting images but seeing your remasters was worth it 👌 Shading is wild anyway that even if you place them wrong I feel like most people wouldn’t notice anyway lol Making fakemon is so fun and I really enjoyed the upc when it was around.

Omg after I said how your lines and colors work together you went ahead and separated them into two works of art. Lineless vector art was something I never really grasped/did but you did such a great job on it! The pose and the angle of the face is especially impressive, did you use a reference for it? Cuz if not you were spot on 👏 Congrats on your art being immortalized as a tattoo!! That’s a great honor and seeing the actual picture looks so cool~

Ah yes, the classic. Every time I see a Scrafty I think of you (and not when I see an empoleon surprisingly) The weighted lines are really apparent here, especially around the face. If you ever get around to doing the breeding variants I will scream because those are so fun ;A; I agree with your decision to draw just the mushroom caps, it kinda looks like they’re sleeping underground! There has been so many times that drawing a certain pokemon made me appreciate them more, which is good because there are so many that need more love :’D

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey Photobucket more like Poopbucket, amirite?

Ahh I forgot you were such a good artist, Emp. =O Your style is so clean and cute I love it~

Shame about you losing the original designs for Otsuto, but looking forward to seeing more of Potifera/Porossal again. =3

The dingo is especially well done in terms of realistic yet stylized anatomy, holy cow. (The tattoo thing makes me think of Life is Strange 2, which I finally finished playing recently. ='3)

Scrafty is a classic, and lovin' the shroom banner lol. 'Tis adorbs~
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:33 AM   #7
Emp
Volcano Badge

Scraggy Emp's animation station!

Thanks for your kind words both~

It’s been a while since I have documented my art but I have been playing around more with the animation features of Procreate. While it can feel menial at times it can be kind of fun while you are watching something in the background.

It was Yuki’s birthday recently so I decided it would be a perfect opportunity to draw and animate a Galarian Corsola; with a simple design and clear animation cues it wasn’t a bad testing ground.

I then went on to animate (and shiny-fy) the Scrafty model I designed a while back. While I feel the animation is fluid enough, with more time and experience I would have made its arms or legs move also to give it a more of a dynamic feel.

While I doubt I'll stick to this style I already have an idea for another animation, so watch this space!

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 07-20-2020, 03:36 AM   #8
Emp
Volcano Badge

Scraggy Hoomans

I decided to design a character for my FB profile - full disclosure, human designs are far from my comfort zone so I had to use a lot of references (i.e. trace >_<)

I therefore can't take full credit for this art, but hopefully with time and practice I should be able to draw people with less help.

Feeling more confident drawing humans is one of my objectives during lockdown, the other is to finally start drawing backgrounds. I'd like to be able to replicate a painted, anime style background to impose my more cartoon-style characters onto. It's a lofty goal but feels like a natural route in evolving my style.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 07-29-2020, 11:34 PM   #9
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria God I know I say use references but here I am free balling it like a madlass

Humans are so difficult to draw well, esp if you're so used to drawing pokemon primarily >.< Tracing reference pics is a good way to get a grasp of anatomy and posing and then over time you'll be able to eyeball it more accurately! Especially with learning how to draw and color folds and fabric, I'm still guilty of "pillow shading" sometimes OTL

On another note, I love your animations!! The cursola one is so creative, and the scrafty has a ton of personality. The procreate animation feature may be basic but it still has the potential for making p solid animations!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction