Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #40126
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
Personally I have no interest in PvP battles coming back. I would very much prefer something along the lines of contests coming back instead.
Why not both? *shot*
Old 09-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #40127
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'd like to see Contests come back as well as battles, yeah. If given the choice, I'll take battles any day, but I definitely am interested in both.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #40128
Meetan
Soul Badge

I think it depends on what the proposal looks like, but otherwise I'd be more interested in other stuff like contests or the Frontier proposal we had than actual pvp.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:26 PM   #40129
Heather
Naga's Voice

seconding yuki. żPor qué no los dos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 09-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #40130
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

I'd personally prefer contests for someone like my second character, and the frontier always interested me. PvP has never really been my thing
Old 09-12-2017, 02:18 AM   #40131
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

I mean the way this would run you could run a contest battle if you wanted to, that is the freedom granted by an RP based alternative! Going to type up the proposal now.

Edit: Proposal is up, be kind ;)

In other news........ I have 20 Rare Candies and 3 Easter Chocolate Candies

Feeding 15 Rare Candies to Odysseus the lvl 14 Magnemite. Odysseus reached lvl 29!

Feeding 3 Rare Candies to Jormungand the lvl 20 Gyarados. Jormungand reached lvl 23!

Feeding 2 Rare Candies and 3 Easter Chocolate Candies to Atalanta the lvl 24 Dartrix. Atalanta reached lvl 29!

I am now candyless

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 09-12-2017 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #40132
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, I'm getting the strangest feeling that it wasn't exactly what my updator had in mind for me, but another Pokémon has joined my team! Everyone, meet Zygill!

: Wishi... *hides behind me*

Yeah, he's a little shy. He'll warm up to you guys eventually, as long as you don't provoke him into activating Schooling.

(nicknames: Zygill=Wishiwashi)
Old 09-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #40133
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

*Laughs nervously* Yeah, you don't know the half of it...

Anyway, congratz on stealing the title of First Wishiwashi right from under Gary's nose! I think. ...Who even knows what's actually going on in that mess? I gotta ask, though: did you draw that connection when it was revealed or was it my reaction to it that tipped you off?

: *Hovers over the fish, albeit with a fair bit of space to himself* Swoo!

Oh, yeah- while she isn't exactly a capture (don't worry, I've been informed that I'll have another chance soon), my first AC visit in months has finally been confirmed. Say hello to Amity- hey, Amity, Zygill isn't the only person here!

: *Squeaks in surprise and flies around circles with cheerful cries* Swoo, swoo~!

Well, at least she's more personable than the other latest teammate, right?

(Nicknames: Amity= Swoobat)

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #40134
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I didn't know there was a race going on lol

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-12-2017, 11:52 AM   #40135
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I didn't, either. Nor was I aware that anyone might have had a problem with me catching one of the fainted Wishiwashi. I'm starting to get the feeling that I screwed up somehow.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #40136
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

You didn't - your updater gave you confirmation it was caught, right? Enjoy your fish man ;)
Old 09-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #40137
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
You didn't - your updater gave you confirmation it was caught, right? Enjoy your fish man ;)
Can't argue with that logic. I get the feeling I'm gonna enjoy RPing with Zygill. Might teach him Surf at some point. A School Form Wishiwashi- now THERE'S an aquatic mount!
Old 09-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #40138
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

>Riding School Forme Wishiwashi

...And that's one of the big reasons why it was on my memakyu in the first place! Of course, I'm not gonna complain to much about it- I got a very nice replacement instead, and I've got ideas to make 'em cooler! At least, I think so

Old 09-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #40139
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
I didn't, either. Nor was I aware that anyone might have had a problem with me catching one of the fainted Wishiwashi. I'm starting to get the feeling that I screwed up somehow.
It's not exactly a screw up. I can't give you the reward I was more excited to give you, because I feel like it'd be overkill and the adventure wasn't overlong or challenging. You caught your Pokemon fair and square.

But quite frankly I'll probably be changing my update style from now on to be more mainstream, because apparently people who I actually thought understood what I thought to be obvious humour were offended on your behalf and you were clearly bothered by it. Less fun for me but it is what it is and being an updater's likely a temporary post anyway. I hope you enjoyed your adventure regardless, though. When I feel more at ease I'll wrap you up and free you to adventure somewhere else at last.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:43 PM   #40140
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I have enjoyed my adventure, and if you want my opinion, I don't think you need to change your update style just because some of us, myself included, misinterpreted the intended tone behind that one update. Your style is part of what makes your updates enjoyable, and by all means, you should be able to have fun with this. FB is a game, after all, and it's not much of a game if you can't have fun with it, right? Misunderstandings are bound to happen every now and then, they don't necessarily mean anyone did anything wrong, and as long as they get cleared up, in the end there's no real harm done. I look forward to your next update, and to the next time I have you as an updator.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:55 AM   #40141
Meetan
Soul Badge

It's not the first time it's happened here over something similar, and honestly I find it hurtful that there were members who I assumed knew me better seeming to think that I was actually bitch enough for it to be a serious drag. Without going into a long winded explanation, that's not actually how I want to be viewed for various reasons, and it's already kind of killed the fun streak high that I was riding. It won't stop me from updating, the rewards are enough and I enjoy seeing the adventures reach completion and people enjoying said adventures and what they reap from it. It just is what it is, it happened, and I'll change accordingly since that's just how I feel now.

I'm glad you're happy, though. It means a lot and it was nostalgic in a good way (wow) to take you up again. I'll probably wrap you up today/tomorrow since I was out all day yesterday and not really feeling it upon return.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:18 PM   #40142
Heather
Naga's Voice

To throw a Secret Base Birthday party or not to do that, that is the question...

Quote:
Old 09-14-2017, 11:37 PM   #40143
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Can we show up anyway?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-15-2017, 12:31 AM   #40144
Heather
Naga's Voice

If you want to, go ahead, I'm just debating whether or not to have some manner of full blown event because I honestly question my Base's ability to sensically entertain a potentially large number of guests

Quote:
Old 09-23-2017, 12:08 AM   #40145
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Two things

1. Before I start my next II adventure, does anyone have a spare Water stone they would be willing to sell? I have plenty of the moneys.

2. Is there anyone who wants to try their hand at updating and would like a nice casual one to start with? II is probably the best place if you want to start updating (Bedlam can be a bit dark and heavy haha) and I would be happy to provide guidance and feedback if you wanted. Just VM/PM me if you are interested.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #40146
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

So I've been thinking about it for a bit, and I think I'm ready to give zones a fair shot again.
The only problem is...I'm not sure which ones are open to more updatees atm. I don't know where else to ask either, so I'm asking here. :/
Are there any zone updaters willing to take on more people?
(Sorry for the silly question.)
Old 09-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #40147
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Bedlam Ridge, Cloud Garden, and Le Marecage Noir are all open for business, and I recall it being mentioned on Discord earlier that the Minnao Isles is (temporarily) open as well. So... pretty much everything at the moment, it seems.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #40148
Meetan
Soul Badge

Hop into Minnao, yo! I have a few openings!
Old 09-26-2017, 01:45 PM   #40149
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
I can foresee my return somewhere on the horizon. The second half of summer was busier than I thought it'd be. The browser game I play is going to be less demanding next month and I can trudge through Pocket Monsters Gin on the VC at my own pace.

(It also looks like I might be able to get away with updating at work again, hehehe...)

Hm, I wonder when Seiko will get her next Pokemon? Well, only time will tell I suppose.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:24 PM   #40150
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

If you wanna continue your Incognito Isle and New Fizz adventures, I'd love to keep updating you!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out