Topsy Turvy (0 BP)

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:44 PM   #28
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves

Raid Boss Steelix
★★★★

Health gauge: 59%
Shields Up: 0
Status: S. Att +4, S. Def -1, Wrapped (2 Turns Remaining), Sandstorm (4 Turns Remaining)
KO Count: 2.

Trainer Recovery Summary

Median Dia, Palossand: Cheer

lilboocorsola, Rhydon: 390 HP

TKF, Greninja: Pollen Puff
Naru, Dragonair: 340 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Psych Up (0 BP)

Steelix copied Inkay's stat changes!

Attack 2: Flash Cannon (80 BP)

Emp, Inkay: 0 HP

Attack 3: Max Rockfall (140 BP)

TKF, Greninja: 47 HP
A sandstorm brewed!
The raiders were hurt by the sandstorm!

Raid Challengers

lilboocorsola, Rhydon: 390 HP {Soft Sand (+2 to Ground moves)}
Median Dia, Palossand: 400 HP {Assault Vest (+1 SD, Taunted)} [Fully recovered]
Naru, Dragonair: 315 HP (S. Def +1)
Emp, Inkay: 0 HP {Leftovers} [Must wait 1 Round to recover]
Sixdragons, Buizel: 300 HP (Aqua Ring, S. Def -1)
Missingno. Master, Baltoy: 500 HP (S. Def +1) [Dynamaxed, 1 Turn remaining]
TKF, Greninja: 16 HP {Expert Belt (+2 to SE moves)} (Protean: Bug, S. Def +1)
Zelphon, Dragapult: 469 HP (S. Def -1)

With an ally fallen, the raiders waste no time in making short work of the titan's remaining barriers before slamming it while it's defences are down and Greninja once more lobs a puff of pollen at an ally to recuperate. Seething, the Steelix bears the brunt of assault before the Inkay gives a cheeky grin and makes the serpent's eyes go all topsy turvy, inverting its stat changes and rendering its maximised physical might into minimised physical blight as the raiders ready themselves for an inevitable shockwave...

...but Steelix seems to have calmed down somewhat. Indeed, the raid boss seems to have lost its rage for the moment, and instead looks curiously at the raiders, the tricky Inkay in particular. With a slightly goofy grin on its face, the massive pointy tail of the titanic terror raises and just gently in the direction of the squid, before the snake turns it to its massive jaw and gives it a small scritching in pondering. As the group wonders what it's doing, Steelix begins to perform the same sort of undulating movement as the Inkay, before giving a triumphant roar as it psyches itself up, ridding itself of its utterly ruined attack and instead gaining a major special attack boost! It then turns its grin from philosophical to menacing as it utterly blasts the Inkay with a devastating flash cannon that sends the dual type into the mud, before turning its attention to the bug typed frog and dropping a massive boulder on top of it, the resultant sand nearly leaving the Greninja as unconscious as the Inkay! With their trickery dashed, the raiders had best prepare themselves well!

Dynamax Initiative: Missingno. Master, Baltoy.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Friday, 12th March to place your order.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:13 PM   #29
Emp
Volcano Badge

Cheering for my boi Greninja!

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 03-10-2021, 12:05 AM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Terri's mysterious smile widened as her suspicions were confirmed, and the Inkay went for its special attack, flipping Steelix's stat changes on their respective heads. "I knew it- Topsy Turvy," Terri smiled. "George is very good with that move himself." Steelix, however, was not about to just take this lying down, and very quickly responded with a move that quickly replaced Terri's smile with a frown. "Hm. I didn't expect Psych Up," she murmured. "But that would do it... It doesn't just copy stat changes, it has them overwrite any pre-existing ones the user had. Very clever."

"BAAAAAAAAAAL TOOOOOOOOOOOOOY," boomed Make, the Clay Doll Pokémon still towering over everyone present, balancing almost unnervingly precariously on the single point that was its one and only foot.

Steelix didn't stop there, either. Using its newly acquired Special Attack, it then proceeded to bite the tentacle that fed it, knocking out said Inkay with a Flash Cannon. It then rounded the whole mess off with a powerful Max Rockfall that not only grievously damaged the Greninja, but also caused a sandstorm to brew. Make, of course, wasn't impacted by that last bit, but both it and Terri knew that their allies, by and large, wouldn't be nearly as lucky. The Rhydon and Palossand, yeah, sure, but that was about it. And of course the Steelix was also immune, which was absolutely why it did this.

"Nothing to it but to attack," Terri decided after a moment's thought. "One final time, Make! Now perform- Max Quake!!!"

OOC: Make used Max Quake (120 base power; base move is Scorching Sands (70 BP)).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-14-2021 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:07 AM   #31
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Drain Punch (75BP) with Expert Belt, Protean switches type to Fighting.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:39 AM   #32
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

We're back to life, and back to gamblin' it all away! Here's another Scorching Sands (70 BP) to grind your strength away!
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:10 PM   #33
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Should be at shields now, so let's smash one with a POWER-UP PUNCH (40 BP)!
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:01 PM   #34
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Now that we aren't weakened by the sun, hit it with a full-power Aqua Tail(90BP)!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:16 PM   #35
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

It's no longer hot as hell

Let's go for an Aqua Tail (90BP)

Love, I don't want you to change
Take me far away / Let me go

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
fizzy bubbles last.fm steam carrd
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:49 PM   #36
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Assurance (60 BP)

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:04 PM   #37
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.

Raid Boss Steelix
★★★★

Health gauge: 47%
Shields Up: 4
Status: S. Att +4, S. Def -1, Wrapped (1 Turn Remaining), Sandstorm (3 Turns Remaining)
KO Count: 3.

Trainer Recovery Summary

Emp, Inkay: Cheer

TKF, Greninja: 266 HP

TKF, Greninja: Drain Punch

TKF, Greninja: 367 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Earthquake (100 BP)

Naru, Dragonair: 165 HP
Median Dia, Palossand: 250 HP
lilboocorsola, Rhydon: 165 HP
Sixdragons, Buizel: 150 HP

Attack 2: Iron Tail (100 BP)

Median Dia, Palossand: 55 HP

Attack 3: Breaking Swipe (60 BP)

Zelphon, Dragapult: 357 HP
Missingno. Master, Baltoy: 422 HP
Naru, Dragonair: 48 HP
Median Dia, Palossand: 0 HP

Raid Challengers

lilboocorsola, Rhydon: 165 HP {Soft Sand (+2 to Ground moves)} (Att +1)
Median Dia, Palossand: 0 HP {Assault Vest (+1 SD, Taunted)} [Must wait 1 Round to recover]
Naru, Dragonair: 23 HP (S. Def +2)
Emp, Inkay: 400 HP {Leftovers} [Fully recovered]
Sixdragons, Buizel: 150 HP (Aqua Ring)
Missingno. Master, Baltoy: 253 HP (S. Def +2)
TKF, Greninja: 336 HP {Expert Belt (+2 to SE moves)} (Protean: Bug, S. Def +1)
Zelphon, Dragapult: 326 HP

The raiders push on, with Greninja being brought from the brink of defeat back to respectable health as the Baltoy launches one final Max Quake at the raid boss, who does not appreciate the damage, as the frog follows up by further recuperating energy with a sapping punch, and the awakened Palossand once more attempts to throw burning sand in the serpent's face, and is yet again thwarted, but that's enough to force the Steelix to bring its second bulwark up, and half of the barriers are broken by the follow up assault. Knowing it's on the back foot now, Steelix wastes no time in punishing the group for their lack of resilience with another forceful earthquake that leaves several of the raiders feeling sore, before swinging its metallic tail down once more, finding its mark on Cassandra once again, the sandcastle grumbling dark curses under her breath as her clarity teeters on a knife edge...before being ultimately snuffed out once again as the iron snake pokemon swings its massive tail in a great arc, instilled with draconic energy as it breaks the spirits of the group by ensuring none of them are leaving this battle without a scratch as the squid recovers and rejoins the fray, renewed.

Dynamax Initiative: Expired.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Sunday, 14th March to place your order.

Last edited by Raves; 03-11-2021 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:27 PM   #38
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Terri had suspected, the latest onslaught had not only brought Steelix to the point of erecting another shield, but also put a few dents in it as well. The Dynamax Energy flooded out of Make as the Baltoy returned to its normal size. "Ah... that was an interesting experience," the Baltoy remarked, revolving slowly as it moved back in front of Terri. "It appeared as though I grew gigantic, yes?"

Terri nodded. "But you didn't really, did you?" she replied.

"I believe not," confirmed Make. "I felt the same physically, except the Dynamax Energy enabled me to create... a projection of sorts. A larger version of my body encasing my physical form, a version I was in complete control of, one that appeared to soften the blows I took."

"...speaking of softening blows, how is your Attack?" Terri asked, tilting her head. "That last attack was Breaking Swipe, wasn't it?"

"It was, but..." murmured Make. "...I do not feel my Attack power to be lessened."

"I was afraid of that," murmured Terri. "That means Steelix has Sheer Force."

"I find another concerning point to be the Palossand who just went down," Make stated. "It felt as though it had just reached a breaking point of some sort... But right now, I imagine the Steelix is our more pressing concern," it added.

Terri nodded. "More specifically, the shield. These are curious, Make- a Mud-Slap would do just as much to it as an Earthquake, but Max Moves hit them harder. So any of your moves would work here, honestly."

"Curious indeed," Make agreed. "It doesn't seem consistent in the slightest."

"It is, at least, consistent in its inconsistency," Terri replied. "Even if it doesn't make sense, we at least know what works. So, Make, use Confusion!" she called out, gesturing to Steelix's shield.

OOC: Make used Confusion (50 BP)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-14-2021 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:01 PM   #39
Emp
Volcano Badge

Superpowah (120 BP)

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 03-11-2021, 10:40 PM   #40
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

>Gets Full-to-Zero'd twice
>Cheers to Heal lilboocorsola's rhydon both times

Deja vu! I think I've been in this place before!

*Oh dear. Cassandra seems to have lost all Clarity!*
Old 03-12-2021, 07:17 AM   #41
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
It's no longer hot as hell

Let's go for an Aqua Tail (90BP)
Do this again

Love, I don't want you to change
Take me far away / Let me go

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
fizzy bubbles last.fm steam carrd
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:10 PM   #42
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Assurance (60 BP)

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:24 PM   #43
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

More EARTH POWER (90 BP) on behalf of our collapsed castle comrade cheerleader! (Boosted by Soft Sand)

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 03-13-2021 at 04:26 PM.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:15 PM   #44
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Hydro Pump 110BP with expert belt, Protean changes type to Water

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:28 PM   #45
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Buizel, quickly, before it's too late! Smash that shield with an Aqua Tail(90BP)!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 05:50 PM   #46
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Raid Boss Steelix
★★★★

Health gauge: 34%
Shields Up: 0
Status: Def -1, S. Att +5, S. Def -2, Sandstorm (2 Turns Remaining)
KO Count: 5.

Trainer Recovery Summary

Median Dia, Palossand: Cheer

lilboocorsola, Rhydon: 415 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Meteor Beam (120 BP)

Missingno. Master, Baltoy: 118 HP

Attack 2: Max Wyrmwind (130 BP)

lilboocorsola, Rhydon: 244 HP
The raiders' attack fell!

Attack 3: Earthquake (100 BP)

Sixdragons, Buizel: 0 HP
Zelphon, Dragapult: 176 HP
Emp, Inkay: 265 HP
lilboocorsola, Rhydon: 19 HP

Raid Challengers

lilboocorsola, Rhydon: 19 HP {Soft Sand (+2 to Ground moves)}
Median Dia, Palossand: 400 HP {Assault Vest (+1 SD, Taunted)} [Fully recovered]
Naru, Dragonair: 0 HP [Must wait 1 Round to recover]
Emp, Inkay: 265 HP {Leftovers} (Att +2, Def +1)
Sixdragons, Buizel: 0 HP [Must wait 1 Round to recover]
Missingno. Master, Baltoy: 118 HP (Att -1, S. Def +2)
TKF, Greninja: 305 HP {Expert Belt (+2 to SE moves)} (Protean: Water, Att -1, S. Def +1)
Zelphon, Dragapult: 145 HP

With the situation still as tumultuous as before, the raiders rally together and slam against the steelix with great force. A Confusion from Baltoy bursts one of the barriers, and the Inkay bolsters itself using its superpower to shatter a second, before the two dragon types decimate the remainder with their own attacks, leaving the boss vulnerable as earth and aqua blast it in the face. With its final gambit scuppered, the Steelix knows that this could very well be the end, but it certainly isn't going down without a fight!

Giving a great roar, it rears its head back and stares towards the heavens, gathering cosmic energy to further amplify its special offensive before raining a meteoric ray of destruction upon the Baltoy, who certainly feels the impact despite the resistance! It then calls on its draconic heritage to rip into Rhydon yet again with a Wyrmwind this time, nullifying its attack boost though giving the Inkay an appreciated boost, before slamming its tail into the soil in another terrible earthquake, this one too much for Buizel to handle as it is knocked off its feet and buried under a reasonably sized chunk of debris, while Rhydon is thankful for its rocky hide and sand allowing it to weather the prior Wyrmwind and leaving it with a handful of health points. The same cannot be said of Dragonair though, who succumbs to the biting sand and collapses as the great serpent sneers defiantly at the raiders, having decided to give as good as it's getting as Palossand recovers and returns to the fold for the third time, visibly seething.

Dynamax Initiative: Expired.

• You have until Wednesday, 17th March to place your order.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:13 PM   #47
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Alright, boyo, let's see if you'll be able to Full-to-Zero me even through our plans with you! But first, I gotta get another Scorching Sands (70 BP) in~!
Old 03-14-2021, 06:32 PM   #48
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Things went smoothly as Make led the charge against Steelix's shield, ultimately resulting in it shattering. With Steelix left vulnerable, those who hadn't yet attacked let loose with some powerful moves. But Steelix wasn't about to let all this go unpunished. Terri stifled a gasp as Make was blasted with a powerful Meteor Beam, and that was only the start- Steelix then let loose with a forceful Max Wyrmwind on the Rhydon- and since it was a Max Move, Sheer Force didn't come into play, and Attack stats were lowered. And last came the Earthquake which, among the other damage it did, finished off the Buizel. And to round off the whole ordeal, the sandstorm robbed the Dragonair of its remaining hit points as well.

"This might get close," Terri murmured, observing the intensifying storm overhead. "Steelix won't last much longer, but if it keeps knocking us out, neither will we."

"...so that storm has something to do with all of this, then?" inquired Make.

Terri nodded. "Every time a wild Dynamaxed Pokémon knocks out an opponent, the storm gets stronger. If it gets too strong, it blows everyone away, and the wild Pokémon wins."

"Is that necessarily a bad thing?" asked Make. "If the wild Pokémon wins, does anything get destroyed? Are we fighting to ensure the protection of anyone or anything?"

"It seems to depend," Terri replied. "I heard of a Turtonator that triumphed over the gathered Trainers, and the local Gym Leader is investigating how the ecosystem had been impacted. And on the other hand, the infamous Gigantamax Hatterene doesn't seem to have done much damage aside from bruised egos. She apparently took over the island for a time, but it soon returned to the Gym Leader's control. In fact, Keith insists that that Hatterene helped save the world during the Primal Dialga incident."

"Hm," considered Make. "So these raid battles are essentially best summed up as 'better safe than sorry'?"

"Pretty much," nodded Terri. "So, we may as well try our best."

"A collaborative attempt to preserve the integrity of the local ecosystem... Commendable," stated Make. "Yes- let's continue to try our best."

Terri nodded again with a smile. "Then use Scorching Sands!" she ordered.

OOC: Make used Scorching Sands (70 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-14-2021 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:29 PM   #49
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
Superpowah (120 BP)
Once more with feeling.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2