UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 08:26 PM   #51
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Greetings, Fizzytopians. Thank you to everyone who voted in the ZA election. With the majority of votes, Sandaa has been elected to continue serving as a ZA, moving onto new waters so to speak with the opening of Fizzy Bubbles newest zone, The Fizzific Ocean. Condolences to Pearl's Perap, while you weren't successful it is a delight to see you re-enter the fold and I'm certain that with some recent experience on your resume you'll be well positioned the next time an election comes around.

The Fizzific Ocean Zone will be added on the UPN subform on October 1st.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:57 PM   #52
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

With the official launch of the Crown Tundra expansion, several species of Pokemon have been added to the Galar Pokedex and thus have their level up movesets and Move Tutor lists updated. A big thanks once again to ChrisClark13 for programming the FBdex website and to Sneaze for coding the bot we use on discord! Galarica Wreath will also be added to the Department Store list of evolutionary items.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:36 PM   #53
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Greetings Fizzytopians,

It has been a hectic time for us all the last few months, with a lot of unexpected time on our hands due to quarantines and other unrelated circumstances. As holidays are right around the corner and people look to return to some form of normalcy in their lives, you might have noticed that a lot of development progress in FB has slowed down from the breakneck momentum we were operating under for the past several months. I would just like to take a moment and thank you for your patience as we take this time to allow people to cool off and focus on their lives beyond these forums. This applies to us mods, the Zone Administrators, Gym Leaders, Shop Owners, Zone Updaters, and everything in between. I want to promise you that not a single ongoing development subject has been forgotten or removed from consideration, even if activity does not seem like it has gained as much steam as it had once before. That being said, I’d like to wish you all an early happy holiday season, and I look forward to what 2021 might bring!
Old 11-28-2020, 05:23 PM   #54
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Hello Fizzytopians,

As we look forward towards the next year and beyond, I would like to take a moment to gauge the level of interest that any members of the community have about becoming a mod. This will likely just be an informal feeling-out for now, but will ramp up in a more official manner after the holidays have passed.

For now, if you think you might be interested in becoming a mod in 2021, please either send me a private message here on UPN or DM me on Discord, so that I can ask you a few questions. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2021, 07:10 PM   #55
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

To kick things off I’d like to begin by thanking everyone for their input and their votes during this process. It’s critically important that the entire community is involved especially in times like these that shape the community and the RPG’s future. It was a very tight race and every single vote mattered.

Without further ado I’d like to announce the results. It is my pleasure to welcome Lil’twick and Pearl’s Perap in joining me on the moderation team! I see a lot of potential in both of them and am looking forward to working together with them to help keep FB going strong!

To Sneaze, Prof.Enigma, and Ironthunder, I would like to thank you all for stepping forward to help make FB a better place. All of you each contribute so much to helping maintain this RPG and I have high hopes that you all will continue to provide invaluable contributions!
Old 04-18-2021, 05:56 AM   #56
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
For those unaware, Gary (Sandaa/Faiyaa) has decided to step down as a moderator in the community and has left Fizzy Bubbles as a whole. Pearl's Perap and I will be handling the transition from 3 to 2 mods in the coming week as we work on making sure things smooth over with the community from the events that have happened on Discord last night. As of now, Fizzific Ocean is now closed to new adventures. Pearl and I will work with those who are updating the zone and those updated by Gary to see the current state of the zone and figure out a date to close it. Typhon's Depths will be closed as soon as the second Dragapult raid is finished.

Once the dust has settled, we will work on electing a new moderator to join the team.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-18-2021, 12:13 PM   #57
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

After taking the day to try and get my head around everything that went down on Discord last night, I just wanted to let you all know of my intentions to step down from the position of moderator.

Seeing how numerous people acted last night on both sides of the coin and knowing some of the things happening and being discussed behind the scenes, I can honestly say that this isn’t a community I feel like I can even be a part of right now, let alone attempt to lead. That being said, I fully intend to support Lit for as long as he needs or wants me to, I just can’t stand by and be a part of this for the sake of my mental health if nothing else.

If it’s okay with everyone, I would like to continue in my capacity as a GL and have no plans to drop any of my other responsibilities unless asked to do so but I wanted to provide everyone with some of my thoughts and feelings before I take any sort of leave of absence or distance myself from things at all.

I’m around if anyone wants to talk to me about anything and I just want to take the time to say thank you for the opportunity that was given to me by all of you as the FB community. That means an incredible amount to me as an oldie who returned fairly recently but I’m glad that my feelings towards the game and the community behind things were clear when I put myself forth for such an opportunity.

- Zak
Old 04-18-2021, 08:26 PM   #58
Lil'twick
Insanity

Letting everyone know for Calendar claims the deadline for all birthdays since Shroomish day can be claimed until the last day of May.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-26-2021, 08:34 AM   #59
Sneaze
Mrow?

Hello everyone,

We have a bit of sad news this morning. Due to high staff turnover in recent years as well as some drama that has spilled out of Fizzy Bubbles and into Bulbagarden as a whole, the Bulbagarden Forums will no longer be hosting Fizzy Bubbles. As of this time, the BMG branch of FB has been closed to all new posts and we have been given approximately one month to move all relevant records to UPN before the RP section is removed from BMG.

At this time we ask everyone willing to step forward to assist us in retrieving any and all records of FB history from BMG so that nothing is further lost, and to bear with us as we look into other alternatives for additional branches of FB.

Thank you,
The Moderation Team

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 04-29-2021, 12:24 PM   #60
Lil'twick
Insanity

So a small announcement regarding bi-monthlies for this period. Due to zones being closed for like two weeks effectively and everything that has happened this month, we have decided to do a bi-monthly top-off for people for this period. People who have done 1-4 Updates in this period will automatically qualify for the first tier of rewards. Those who have done 6-9 Updates will automatically qualify for the second tier of rewards. We hope that this will help out updaters who were unable to update during that period of time, as an extra thank you for all of their hard work.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-29-2021, 07:35 PM   #61
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

NFC IS NOW REOPEN AND READY FOR CONTINUATION'S AND NEW ADVENTURES!

If you have an old adventure you dropped due to the move or due to your previous updator leaving, please reach out to me and I will get you sorted back in as soon as possible.
If you had an adventure ongoing before the move, please check the second post Here, to see who's going to be updating you
I will also be looking for new ZU's as well, so if you wish to update in NFC PM me here or in Discord so we can talk about getting you established.

~Prof.Enigma
Old 05-02-2021, 04:11 PM   #62
Sneaze
Mrow?

Bond and Clarity Changes are Live!

Thank you everyone for the very well thought out discussion on Bond and Clarity. All discussed changes are going live as of this moment, and the full list of changes can be found here. Note that it may be a minute for the shops and zones to reflect these changes, but they will be fully introduced into the OPs for each affected area shortly.

Spoiler: show
Bond

Reducing requirements to allow for easier access to evolution and movepool growth. At this time this is just a squishing of stages.

0: Your Pokemon is neutral toward you. Frustration is at its maximum power.
10: Happiness evolutions can occur at this stage. The Pokemon can learn custom move Gummi Bomb AND an EM/MT move of choice.
20: The Pokemon can learn custom move Guardian Terrain AND an Advanced/Shadow move of choice.*
30: MAXIMUM. This Pokemon will earn a special aura for being max Bond. Pokemon can learn custom move Defensive Shield AND one Advanced/Shadow move* AND one EM/MT move. Return is at maximum power.

Move Relearner - Available automatically
Unnatural TMs - Available automatically
Natural & Unnatural Advanced Moves - Available automatically at the Move Tutor
Shadow Moves - Available automatically at the Move Tutor
Daycare - Levels per trainer per week increased from 2 to 4

Bond Tracking

Trainers are responsible for tracking their own Bond which can be done at the Bonding Retreat or directly in their Member Post. Disputes will be solved on a case by case basis.

Bond as RP Rewards

Bond can be claimed so long as the Pokemon is being interacted with or ineracting with something. A part of the story, not a part of the scenery.

Clarity

Reducing from a system of 0 through -30 to 0 through -20 to better allow ease of transition to becoming a Shadow or for purification, with -20 now being the new point of a Pokemon closing their heart. This means that housing a Pokemon in a Shadow Ball would get you halfway to closing their heart.

KOs no longer being counted as a reduction in clarity.
- KOs used to reduce clarity prior to this announcement may be grandfathered in to your clarity totals.

Adding sections to zones where clarity can be reduced in the same way that clarity can be gained by most RP areas. These will be areas written up by the ZAs to make sure they fit within their zones, and a separate announcement will go up with these soon.
- +2/-2 clarity per qualifying RP post (same requirements as bond) within these areas, so at maximum you would need 10 posts to close a Pokemon's heart.

Shadow Moves

Item Shadownium-Z added, allowing use of a Shadow Z Move.

Shadow Z Move Soulstained Penumbra added!

Shadow Max Move Max Shadowsquall added!

Shadow Max Move Effect: BP scaling equivalent to Max Knuckle or Max Ooze due to Shadow attacks dealing super effective damage to all non-Shadow Pokemon. This move sets up Shadow Sky as a secondary effect.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:57 AM   #63
Lil'twick
Insanity

Word Count Changes Are Live!

Thank you to everyone who participated in this discussion! The thread will still be open to everyone to talk about the other points, but for now, the new word counts for Zones have been officialized!

As a refresher, The word counts for adventures as a whole will be lowered. For adventures, it will be 150 words with a base claim of $150, with an additional $25 per 25 words capped at $500 per reply. For updates, it will be 200 words to claim 1 FC. All posts made in the month of May can be retroactively claimed for Pokedollars with these new values!

Here is to a fresh start for zones in Fizzy Bubbles!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-19-2021, 06:47 PM   #64
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Ability Capsules are Live!, you can now purchase them at the Department Store.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 06-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #65
Lil'twick
Insanity

Breeding and Egg Changes are Live!

With a pretty hard yes on the changes, we would like to announce that the changes to Breeding and Eggs are now live! Here is a list of everything that is being implemented:

-Breeding Slots will be expanded to 6 slots total. These will go into effect immediately on approval.
-Implementation of Zone Eggs into the Game. These will be available everywhere Type Eggs are available for the same price/tier.
-Re-implementation of Starter, Fossil, and Baby Eggs. All starters and fossils will be added, and Toxel will be added into the Baby Egg pool. These will be exclusive to Staff Rewards and the Trainer Birthday reward.
-The splitting of the Flying, Grass, and Bug-typed Eggs into two eggs. These will be split into groups of Gen 1-Gen 4 and Gen 5-Gen 8. This is the same as the current Water and Normal Eggs.
-Enigma, Type, and Zone Eggs will be available for exchange in the hatchery. These will cost 1 Breeding Slot for exchange and have a one-week cooldown after hatch. Previous additional slots used for type egg exchanges will be refunded to those who used them.
-Gender-Influence Breeding will now cost $1000 instead of additional slots. This will also apply to Eggs gotten through Breeding Slot Exchange, and only through Breeding Exchange. Eggs gotten from all other sources are exempt.
-Implementation of instantly hatching Trainer Birthday Reward Eggs. This will include the following: Enigma Egg, Type Egg, Zone Egg, Fossil Egg, Starter Egg, Baby Egg, or Birthday Egg. The Birthday Egg requires at least 8 hatchable Pokemon in a trainer's Memakyu, in order to hatch a Pokemon from there. If there are less than 8, this will function as an Enigma Egg.
-Genderless Pokemon will now be able to breed with Pokemon of their respective Egg Groups. Breeding with a Female Pokemon will make it act as the "Paternal", while with a Male Pokemon as the "Maternal". Breeding two Genderless Pokemon together (sans Ditto), will require an Old Spice Incense, and the holder will have their offspring produced.
-Solrock and Lunatone will function the same as the Nidorans, Illumise/Volbeat, and Tauros/Miltank; giving the chance of one of those mon hatching depending on the gender roll. Solrock will be considered part of the Volbeat/Tauros side, while Lunatone will be considered part of the Illumise/Miltank side.
-Breeding two Ditto together will require an Old Spice as well.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion! We hope to continue bringing in more changes in the future!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-18-2021, 10:54 PM   #66
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Minor Announcement, The moderation team has collectively agreed that all one-time-use Items ( Such as the Umbreon Plushie that's being given away now, and the Shadow Arceus plushie ) from the Past, Current, and any in the present WILL REMAIN AFTER USAGE.

This ruling will allow members should they wish to, keep the plushie / Item for RP purposes after using the said Item to teach a move to their Pokémon ( TLDR the plushie will only teach the move once but will stay for as long as you wish ) ( Yes, Yuki this applies to that Haunter Plushie )

Sneaze Clarification Edit (SORRY ENIGMA): This applies to all one-time-use items. Keep your cool snowglobes, your fancy roses. Your TMs/TRs with no usable data. Heck, feel free to keep your empty potion bottles if you want. RP how you want!

Last edited by Sneaze; 06-18-2021 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:03 PM   #67
Lil'twick
Insanity

The encroaching powers of Shadow Arecues have claimed both the Fizzific Ocean and Arboreal Cradle, making them too dangerous for trainers to safely adventure. The Fizzific Ocean and Arboreal Cradle are now closed!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-01-2021, 08:28 PM   #68
Sneaze
Mrow?

With the recent changes to Staff Rewards and Bi-Monthly Updator Rewards having taken a fair bit longer than expected to push through, we would like to thank those of you who have been updating throughout the process. As such, the 2 FC per qualifying updates change will be retro-actively applied to all qualifying updates starting May 1, 2021.

Additionally, to allow for a bit more ease of showing gratitude for the efforts of the community, the following rule is being addressed.

Quote:
  • Updators or shop owners who perform particularly challenging feats can be nominated for a 10 Fizzy Credit bonus by any credit-earner of the same type (e.g. updators cannot be nominated by shop owners or vice versa). This nomination must be seconded by 2 other credit earners, and then approved by a mod.
This has not been truly treated this way for some time, and in order to make things more clear, is being changed to the following.

Quote:
  • Updators or shop owners who perform particularly challenging feats can be nominated for a 10 Fizzy Credit bonus by any other credit earners. This nomination must be seconded by 2 other credit earners, and then approved by a mod.
Old 07-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #69
Lil'twick
Insanity

Important Announcement!

In efforts to further promote role play throughout the game, we will now allow people to claim Pokedollars for role-playing done in free role play areas. For this, this includes the Visionary Glade, Secret Bases, the Bar, and the Night Club! This will be earned at a half rate, with $25 per 50 words. This can be retroactively claimed from July 1st, 2021. We will also allow people to gain levels for overcoming situations with their Pokemon and doing battles against other trainers in these areas. For that, link to the mod team the section and question and they will reward those involved an appropriate amount of levels. This is part of the first initiative to revitalize role play and zones as well, and we will have more in store in the near future!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-10-2021, 05:30 PM   #70
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Another Important Announcement!

New rules and guidelines thread has been made, please make sure to check it out to see everything that has changed and added!

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 10-16-2021, 07:03 PM   #71
Lil'twick
Insanity

A very special birthday announcement

Hey guys, so we're going to be celebrating Fizzy's 20th Birthday next week! For the following week leading up to the 24th, we'll be having specials going on in the shops. From October 18th, 12:00 AM to October 24th, 11:59 PM, the following specials will be available in the following shops. For some shops, specific time frames are listed instead and overwrite the blanket timeframe. We look forward to celebrating this with all of you, and more to come in the following weeks!

Pokebank:

All posts done in Free Roleplay Areas posted during Birthday Weeks will have the same monetary gains as zones. As a reminder, that means a total of $25 per 25 words. This starts at the base of 150 Words and caps out at $500 words.

Department Store:

Half-off sale all week, with all items purchasable from the department store half-priced. A maximum of five items will be purchasable for items that are at a base price of $1000. This applies to each group of items that are $1000 (i.e Evolution Items, Incenses, will all be purchasable of five per group.)

Move Tutor:

Allows Trainers to teach 2 XMs of choice. This is any move that is not a TM/TR/MT. Limited to 1 per Pokemon. $800 Cost. Moves exclusive to Legendary Pokemon (UBs and Mythicals are included) are not allowed to be taught during this promotion.

Cram:

The Cram has been found to be stuffed full of birthday cake! All four items will be Gold Tier+. Besides that standard guaranteed, any items rolled that would be below that guaranteed tier will be automatically bumped to the Luxury Goods tier. Additionally, this week all rolls done through the Cram-o-matic will be a free maximum roll, and items can't be deposited this week (due to afformented birthday cake clog).

Calendar:

On the Day of Fizzy Bubbles's 20th Birthday, October 24th, you are allowed to claim an additional birthday for a Pokemon of choice this year. This is a one-day limited-time offer for that day only.

Daycare:

You are able to raise a Pokemon by an additional 2 levels this week. You are able to either split it between two Pokemon or use it on one Pokemon.

Boutique:

50% of all purchases in the Boutique for this week. Standard restrictions and limitations apply

Hatchery-
Limited Free Time Breed/Egg Exchange Slot. During Fizzy Birthday week only, you are able to have one additional breed for the year or exchange for one additional egg. This slot is independent of any other current timers you may be on and expires on October 25th.

Realm of Shadows-
Shadow Gummis are being introduced into the game. When fed to a Pokemon, you will be able to choose to have them lose or gain five clarity.

Adoption Center-
Adoptions are free from October 24th, 12:AM GMT to November 23rd, 11:59 GMT

Candy Store-
You may pick up an additional weekly candy this week.

Again, please stay further tuned for extra special festivities.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-24-2021, 01:40 AM   #72
Sneaze
Mrow?

New Shop Items!

Whether it's because you want to collect every single capture device, or you just really want your entire team decked out in 2009 New Year's Balls, you've requested they be made more available, and we've listened! So in addition to the newly added Shadow Gummi, here's the list of all the items being added to the Department Store and the Watt Shop! We've also added the Shadow Gummi as an option to choose on some of the Staff Reward FC tiers! These changes will go live as of tomorrow, October 25th, to prevent any issues with current ongoing promotions!

Department Store
$1,000 - Shadow Ball

Watt Shop
20 Watts - Shadow Gummi
30 Watts - Bug Ball, Dark Ball, Dragon Ball, Thunder Ball, Fairy Ball, Fighting Ball, Fire Ball, Fizzy Ball, Flying Ball, Ghost Ball, Leaf Ball, Ground Ball, Snow Ball, Normal Ball, Poison Ball, Psychic Ball, Rock Ball, Steel Ball
50 Watts - All other Custom Pokeballs (that are not listed as Unobtainable)

Staff Rewards
25, 40, 75, 90, 125, 140, 175, 190, 225, and 240 FC Tiers - 1 Shadow Gummi
260 FC Tier - 2 Shadow Gummis

Old 10-24-2021, 12:52 PM   #73
Lil'twick
Insanity

New Zone Eggs Discovered!

New Eggs from a Classic Zone will soon be available! In honor of one of Fizzy Bubble's most well-known zones, we will be introducing Cascadia Eggs into the game! Either enjoy the natural world with the Cascadia Nature egg or relive the sprawling cityscapes with the Cascadia Modern egg. Regardless of your choice, these brand new eggs will be available from the hatchery and staff rewards starting tomorrow, October 25th at 12:01 AM GMT! See the full list here!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-24-2021, 07:10 PM   #74
Sneaze
Mrow?

Event Moves!

Going forward, moves accessible to Pokemon in the games through non-standard means will be available in the Move Tutor for $800! This means Event moves, Dreamworld moves, and Shadow Purfication moves from the relevant games are all now available. So go teach your Greninja Happy Hour, or your Misdreavus Inferno. But make sure you link to some source showing where these were available until we can get a full list updated!

Old 02-05-2022, 11:16 PM   #75
Sneaze
Mrow?

In review of the survey, a few quick changes and hard decisions have been made to make things a bit easier on everyone:
  • The Pokebank has been updated with all current rules; thank you to those who pointed out this disparity
  • Fizzy Bubbles Custom Item List has been moved to the main Fizzy Bubbles forum (a redirect will remain in the Time Out subforum for two months)
  • Free Roleplay Areas channels have been created in the Discord to allow easier discussion of ongoing roleplay
  • Clarification of the Djinn's Archives: This training zone is entirely optional for new updators and simply exists to provide an area where all ZAs are expected to be knowledgeable about the zone in order to assist updators more easily, and they are free to move to other areas first if they like. We will also be working more hands on with the current updators in this zone: as opposed to the previous style of updators reaching out if they need help, we will check in with them regularly
  • FB Job Bureau has been archived - This has not been used in ages
  • Any event going forward that has rewards based off of points given will have multiple judges to prevent any bias
  • New Pokemon added to the Adoption Center will have a wait time of minimum 24 hours before they can be adopted going forward
  • All future Fizzy Forms will require a full writeup of the Pokemon. Moves, abilities, classification, shiny palette (art of the shiny will not be required). These Pokemon need to be as close to launchable as possible.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles