UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-28-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Pikachu Switch Ownership Masterpost

Due to the sheer volume and overwhelming demand for Nintendo Switch ownership threads, this thread will now serve as a masterpost for telling everyone your Switch ownership status.

I have one.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #2
phoopes
Double Dragon

I do not, but my roommate does
Old 08-28-2018, 10:34 AM   #3
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Despite rumours to the contrary, I do not have a Switch, nor will I ever be interested in purchasing a console.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Despite rumours to the contrary, I do not have a Switch, nor will I ever be interested in purchasing a console.
GG in being a quitter.
ChampofPokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:57 PM   #5
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Oho, he's a quitter now? Why, that's practically a riot and a half! At least with him, it's a conscious decision- a person bearing no birth certificate* stands very little chance of staying up to date with the current consoles! Or the last generation's consoles, for that matter.

*Note: After nearly 19 years of struggling, my family has finally established communication between our representatives in Congress and the hospital in Sacile, Italy within the past week. With a spot more luck, I may finally be a "real" person in the eyes of the law by the end of the year!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
Oho, he's a quitter now? Why, that's practically a riot and a half! At least with him, it's a conscious decision- a person bearing no birth certificate* stands very little chance of staying up to date with the current consoles! Or the last generation's consoles, for that matter.

*Note: After nearly 19 years of struggling, my family has finally established communication between our representatives in Congress and the hospital in Sacile, Italy within the past week. With a spot more luck, I may finally be a "real" person in the eyes of the law by the end of the year!
Doppleganger is a true quitter.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #7
Heather
Naga's Voice

getting back on topic I own a switch and will edit my friend code in here later.

I Was going to actually follow through on this but now that Splatoon 2 is witholding cloud saves, I'm skipping out on NSO, so my friend code would just be taking up space. If/when that changes, I'll put my code here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park

Last edited by Heather; 09-10-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:11 PM   #8
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

1320-5162-1746
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #9
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

I don't have one and do not want one.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #10
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
I don't have one and do not want one.
I'll bite. Why?
Old 09-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #11
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

4749-3875-0192

owo
Old 09-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #12
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
I'll bite. Why?
Lindz sounds like she would be too stupid to give this question a real, definitive answer.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #13
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampofPokemon View Post
Lindz sounds like she would be too stupid to give this question a real, definitive answer.

Well, thet's not only horrendously rude, but also so untrue that there's even proof of it? She's given her reasons before, with the sort of perfectly valid arguments one would expect from a person who needs to be frugal with their money and thus wants to make absolutely certain they're getting something they believe to be worthwhile with the money they do spend. General rule of thumb, don't assume that someone is mentally compromised just because they opt to do something that's seemingly at odds with the consumerist mentality.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #14
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Well, thet's not only horrendously rude, but also so untrue that there's even proof of it? She's given her reasons before, with the sort of perfectly valid arguments one would expect from a person who needs to be frugal with their money and thus wants to make absolutely certain they're getting something they believe to be worthwhile with the money they do spend. General rule of thumb, don't assume that someone is mentally compromised just because they opt to do something that's seemingly at odds with the consumerist mentality.
k...
Old 09-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #15
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Ya that was only a few months ago to! An nothings changed since then. The system be it the price, design, games, or other features still gots 0 appeal to me! And on my end I'm still not made of money I can freely burn hundreds of dollars at a time. I barely spend $100 a month on non-neccessities ~_~; It'd take a ton of RPGs an other games I'd like going EXCLUSIVELY to the Switch to make me think of getting one but exclusivity isn't a super common thing these days with third parties.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #16
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Do you pay rent to your mother, Lindsay? I ask because, while I have no interest in the Switch, I've spent like...$6000 on telecommunications equipment this year. Even on a part-time, minimum wage salary, I've been able to handle it + necessities.

I don't pay rent, although that's counterbalanced by the bills I pay on behalf for my parents, which will eventually be all of them.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:32 PM   #17
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Do you pay rent to your mother, Lindsay? I ask because, while I have no interest in the Switch, I've spent like...$6000 on telecommunications equipment this year. Even on a part-time, minimum wage salary, I've been able to handle it + necessities.

I don't pay rent, although that's counterbalanced by the bills I pay on behalf for my parents, which will eventually be all of them.
Ya I pay rent among other stuffs. Thing is just a few years ago was nearly out on the streets an correcting that drained all the money I'd saved up. That changed me abit into a save-save-save mentality which has worked at the cost of disallowing myself ta spend freely! Now I'm all stingy an cautious ta drop a couple thousand a year on games/anime/whatever like I was in the 00's. Someday I'll have saved up enough to relax abit more~ things have gotten better slowly but surely!
Old 09-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #18
Snorby
Snackin'

Genuine question why would you come to a thread that's supposed to be a resource for people who do own a switch and want to play with other UPNers to rant about the switch being terrible and how you'll never get one? At best it's something that's offtopic and belongs in its own thread and at worst you're being really rude to the people who want this thread as a resource for their own use of the console.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #19
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorby View Post
Genuine question why would you come to a thread that's supposed to be a resource for people who do own a switch and want to play with other UPNers to rant about the switch being terrible and how you'll never get one? At best it's something that's offtopic and belongs in its own thread and at worst you're being really rude to the people who want this thread as a resource for their own use of the console.
Lindz wants to ruin your fun.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #20
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Uh, no, she never even implied that. All she said initially was that she was not interested in the same fun as everyone else and was thusly stepping out of this one. You're the one who's been calling people out and using rude terminology towards the folks who said that they didn't want a Switch.

My recommendation to you, Champ, is to not get all judgmental towards anyone who even so much as suggests that they aren't interested in the most recent of entertainment technologies. A large number of those of us who have been here for 3+ years are dealing with varying degrees of struggling to make ends meet on the otherside of the screen, and have to take that into consideration for a large number of the decisions we make- and both Lindz and Doppel (i.e., the people you attacked in this specific thread) have been on these forums for over a decade, and have that much more experience with the struggle to match!

Seriously, let's just keep the accusations to an absolute minimum and let the peeps who do have the console enjoy using it in good conscience.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #21
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Uh, no, she never even implied that. All she said initially was that she was not interested in the same fun as everyone else and was thusly stepping out of this one. You're the one who's been calling people out and using rude terminology towards the folks who said that they didn't want a Switch.

My recommendation to you, Champ, is to not get all judgmental towards anyone who even so much as suggests that they aren't interested in the most recent of entertainment technologies. A large number of those of us who have been here for 3+ years are dealing with varying degrees of struggling to make ends meet on the otherside of the screen, and have to take that into consideration for a large number of the decisions we make- and both Lindz and Doppel (i.e., the people you attacked in this specific thread) have been on these forums for over a decade, and have that much more experience with the struggle to match!

Seriously, let's just keep the accusations to an absolute minimum and let the peeps who do have the console enjoy using it in good conscience.
lol/10
Old 09-12-2018, 04:37 PM   #22
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
We stopped having fun the moment you showed up.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:29 PM   #23
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
We stopped having fun the moment you showed up.
You are a loser. It's ok if you want to be an idiot.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:14 PM   #24
Heather
Naga's Voice

I'm going to say we all need to stop actually responding to Champofpokemon here. Just ignore him and let moderation clean up all the off-topic shit he's left around here and remove him preferably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:22 PM   #25
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
Due to the sheer volume and overwhelming demand for Nintendo Switch ownership threads, this thread will now serve as a masterpost for telling everyone your Switch ownership status.
Right there in the first post o.o; This thread being a resource ta group up to play together however is not. There exists a Nintendo friend code thread. If this was meant ta take its place/be an updated version of that then someone coulda said so sooner an stickied it while destickying the other. Or maybe Doppel an I totally misread the threads intent. Cause ta me it seemed like a

do you have Switch
[] yes
[] no
thing. If I'd popped in with a simple "No" that woulda been trolly an I woulda been called out to elaborate anyhow. If someday my "ownership status" switches (get it?!) to "yes" or someone in here sells theirs an comes back ta change their status to "no" is that like gonna be a bad thing? Keeping peeps updated?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games