UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 08-08-2007, 01:32 AM   #126
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Then here's something I don't understand ... how is Takeshi different from Chami? After all, Chami was SQUEEZED TO DEATH WITH BLOOD GOING EVERYWHERE, so I wonder how it is that he could come back to life (despite becoming "a ragged mess of fur") while Takeshi could be so easily killed off as "drowned." Wouldn't Kuranari Takeshi technically be alive ........ but at the bottom of the ocean?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:42 AM   #127
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

OMG. I just LOLed really hard at something Sora just said. Here's the quote. "The hell?! 'ssif I can do som'n like that right away?! I'll kill you, you bastard!" Nothin' quite like Sora acting like a Yankee.

Anyway, I am half-way past day four. Tsugumi has miraculously recovered and I'm playing teacher with Sora.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:02 AM   #128
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Then here's something I don't understand ... how is Takeshi different from Chami? After all, Chami was SQUEEZED TO DEATH WITH BLOOD GOING EVERYWHERE, so I wonder how it is that he could come back to life (despite becoming "a ragged mess of fur") while Takeshi could be so easily killed off as "drowned." Wouldn't Kuranari Takeshi technically be alive ........ but at the bottom of the ocean?
Cure beings are remarkably sturdy, but they are not immortal. They can be killed in a number of ways, one of which is drowning - if one's lungs are filled with water, it doesn't matter how adaptable a Cure's body is, she will die. Tsugumi knows this, I believe, but hasn't had the courage to drown herself, although she hints she's tried to kill herself in other ways. As I said before, there is a much more detailled expose on Cure in Coco's Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
OMG. I just LOLed really hard at something Sora just said. Here's the quote. "The hell?! 'ssif I can do som'n like that right away?! I'll kill you, you bastard!" Nothin' quite like Sora acting like a Yankee.
Osora-san.

How much I pine for thee. ;_;
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #129
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I forgot to mention one of the major plot points in Tsugumi's arc yesterday, but thanks to the same issue popping up again in the Kid x Sara route, I remembered and will mention it here.

In the Takeshi x Tsugumi route, we find out that Tsugumi was hospitalized in a LeMU research facility "somewhere in America" (she claims) where they were studying her and her Cure. She said that there was a boy in the bed next to hers who could see the future. That boy ... is Kid.

Now, in the Takeshi x Tsugumi arc, that last statement is never actually confirmed. You are simply left to guess that that is correct. But here in the Kid x Sara route, it is confirmed -- Kid enters a small room that reminds him of the hospital ward, and he has a painful "flashback" (if it can be called that) of a girl being beaten by LeMU staff to get her to tell them where the Kid has escaped to. This is because (as we know from Tsugumi's story on the Takeshi route) the Kid did run away one day, never to be seen or heard from again.

Anyway ... it all makes sense now. The reason Kid looks so young (like a 14 to 15 year old) is because he probably has Cure, too. Just like Tsugumi. So he's permanently stuck at that age. The only thing left for me to discover is whether or not the girl in the hospital ward, in the Kid x Sara route, is still Tsugumi or if, in this alternate timeline, it's actually Sara.

The other thing I forgot to mention yesterday regarding Tsugumi's storyline is ...
I think I figured out why the game is called "Ever 17." It's because Tsugumi (who may arguably be "the main female character", though really, all the girls matter) is permanently stuck at the age of 17. Hence "[For]ever 17." Of course, I could be off, still, since the year in which our story takes place is 2017 and they keep talking about "the infinity loop," but this is my current theory as to why the game is called what it's called.

Anyway, I'm halfway through Day 3 on the Sara path. It feels so weird to be playing through Kid's path and rejecting Yuu left and right; last time, I did everything that was nice to her, and I can't shake the bias of feeling that my first runthrough of the game (Kid x Yuu) is "the canonical story" with all the other paths being deviations. ^_^; But anyway, I chose to go with Tsugumi, Takeshi, and Sara to the warehouse rather than going to check up on Yuu (hence why I got to discover the reverie sequence explained above), so I'm guessing this means that I probably won't get to do much with Yuu and her attempts to hack into LeMMIH. I still have Kid-only status, but hey, it's Day 3, and I did get to re-see the part where Kid trips over Sara and nearly kisses her, so I'm guessing it's still all good.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #130
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:

Now, in the Takeshi x Tsugumi arc, that last statement is never actually confirmed. You are simply left to guess that that is correct. But here in the Kid x Sara route, it is confirmed -- Kid enters a small room that reminds him of the hospital ward, and he has a painful "flashback" (if it can be called that) of a girl being beaten by [Leiblich] staff to get her to tell them where the Kid has escaped to. This is because (as we know from Tsugumi's story on the Takeshi route) the Kid did run away one day, never to be seen or heard from again.

A fine conjecture - indeed, the facilities are the same and Tsugumi, Sara, and Kid were all held up there, though I'm more inclined to think the lab was in Germany and not America. That boy's powers, or something simmilar, are elaborated on in Coco's Path.

Quote:

Anyway ... it all makes sense now. The reason Kid looks so young (like a 14 to 15 year old) is because he probably has Cure, too. Just like Tsugumi. So he's permanently stuck at that age.
As you have guessed, Kid is another test subject of Leiblich Pharmacuetical and is contaminated by Cure, but he does not have all of the "attributes" of a Cure like Tsugumi. She is a unique case.

Quote:
I think I figured out why the game is called "Ever 17." It's because Tsugumi (who may arguably be "the main female character", though really, all the girls matter) is permanently stuck at the age of 17. Hence "[For]ever 17." Of course, I could be off, still, since the year in which our story takes place is 2017 and they keep talking about "the infinity loop," but this is my current theory as to why the game is called what it's called.
Correct.

Quote:
I still have Kid-only status, but hey, it's Day 3, and I did get to re-see the part where Kid trips over Sara and nearly kisses her, so I'm guessing it's still all good.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #131
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Halfway through Day 4 on the Kid x Sara path. I have "Kid/Sara" status, and I've learned more about Sara's character then I would have ever imagined. She's one of my new favorite characters, and I am even more amazed than I was several days ago that she is completely absent from the Takeshi path. I mean, even Coco has at least some presence in the Kid path. Sara is just completely, entirely cut out from the moment you choose to be Takeshi onward. Really unfortunate. I can't help wishing that the game would have been more like ... every kid but Coco has a doppelganger in the other LeMU, but Coco is shared between the two LeMUs and shifts her existence between the two planes, or something. Oh well. Can't change the story now, now can I?

Stuff about Sara ...
1. We've pretty much learned she is DEFINITELY one of the Lab Kids along with Kid and Tsugumi. Still hasn't been definitively stated, but we more or less know it to be true.

2. Only Kid and Sara can see the hologram, suggesting that it's something that only people with a special ability can do. Takeshi and Yuu failed to see anything.

3. Sara with her lullaby ... that is going to come up as one of the Lab Kid memories, I know it. Still hasn't happened yet, though.

Here's a question regarding Tief Blau ...
Since Coco isn't in the Kid path once the station is evacuated (we can assume that, if she did exist in the Kid path, she never got trapped down below with the others) ... does that mean that Tief Blau is not a concern of any kind for the kids in the Kid Path? Is that why the rescue team is only too happy to rescue the kids once they escape in Yuu's path -- because they're not infected with Tief Blau? If that's the case, then I'd be curious to know what the cause of them being shut inside for seven days was in the Kid version ...
Old 08-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #132
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Since Coco isn't in the Kid path once the station is evacuated (we can assume that, if she did exist in the Kid path, she never got trapped down below with the others) ... does that mean that Tief Blau is not a concern of any kind for the kids in the Kid Path? Is that why the rescue team is only too happy to rescue the kids once they escape in Yuu's path -- because they're not infected with Tief Blau? If that's the case, then I'd be curious to know what the cause of them being shut inside for seven days was in the Kid version ...
Tief Blau has been confined to the IBF. The reason Sora acknowleged the existance of the IBF beyond Himmel in Takeshi's Route was because she reasoned that everyone else would have likely gotten infected by Coco and that the facilities down there would be better suited for treating the problem. Hence, without the problem of Tief Blau there was no reason to go down to the IBF and miss the transmission in the control room from Ensel Null.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #133
Talon87
時の彼方へ

On to Day 6 of the Kid x Sara route. Wow. Questions for Doppel ...

Is Kid's identity the same no matter who you play as? Or does his identity depend on which path you take? (e.g. on the Sara path, Kid is revealed to be ________, but I'm wondering if on the Sora path he would be revealed to be somebody completely different)

Also ... doesn't Kid's identity sort of require Sara to exist in the Takeshi route?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #134
Talon87
時の彼方へ

On to Day 6 of the Kid x Sara route. Wow. Questions for Doppel ...

Is Kid's identity the same no matter who you play as? Or does his identity depend on which path you take? (e.g. on the Sara path, Kid is revealed to be ________, but I'm wondering if on the Sora path he would be revealed to be somebody completely different)

Also ... doesn't Kid's identity sort of require Sara to exist in the Takeshi route?

================================================== =

Update: just beat the Kid x Sara path. I can't believe I made it THIS FAR and, at the last second, I make the wrong choice and get the bad end. XD Fair warning, BBB! Even if you do everything right, it all comes down to a 50-50 shot in the end!

So I have my first ever Bad End (booooo :x), and I have three Good Ends now. I do have a question for Doppel, though ... for Sara, it says I have unlocked three ends: Good, Bad, and Epilogue. So my question is, if I go back and do the Bad End for Yuu and Tsugumi, will I unlock their epilogues, too? Or is Sara one of the few characters with an epilogue? Also ... can you please direct me as to where I need to go to do the Bad End? I really don't want to have to do Yuu or Tsugumi's stories all over again, so I can try and replay them from save files I have OR by using the Shortcut System, whichever you think is best, so long as you give me an estimate (accurate to the day #) of where I need to go to make the Bad End decision.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #135
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
The nature of Kid and Coco is not revealed in Takeshi's Route, they're not the focus characters. For the routes you can play as him, he is the same person, which was hinted at by Sara during You's Path (she put together the puzzle - smart girl!).

Quote:
Yes and no.

Quote:
So my question is, if I go back and do the Bad End for Yuu and Tsugumi, will I unlock their epilogues, too? Or is Sara one of the few characters with an epilogue? Also ... can you please direct me as to where I need to go to do the Bad End? I really don't want to have to do Yuu or Tsugumi's stories all over again, so I can try and replay them from save files I have OR by using the Shortcut System, whichever you think is best, so long as you give me an estimate (accurate to the day #) of where I need to go to make the Bad End decision.
I'm not sure what you mean. You should have already gotten You's epilogue - if you didn't, it's possible you might not have gotten enough love points with her? I'm not sure how that works. You can easily get her Bad End by getting onto her path and answering everything wrong - starting from Day 3 and missing the paper puzzle is a good start. Tsugumi and Sora both have the same Bad End. It's fairly easy to get it when leaving Tsugumi's Path - you merely have to start paying more attention to Sora (for this, I'd suggest go for Sora's Path first, then take the Bad End route last). Tsugumi and Sora's epilogue cannot be unlocked until you complete Coco's Path, but...IT SUCKS. Nothing new is revealed, it's surreal and in German. =_=
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-08-2007, 08:04 PM   #136
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I just replayed Yuu's path from Day 6 onward before you wrote that, and I've finished just now, and I can say, yeah, I dunno why or how it happened, but I must have missed out on Yuu's epilogue last time somehow. O_o Because this time, I chose to talk about the Third Eye instead of Yuu (Day 6, changing room, when you think Takeshi has broken in there to rape Yuu or some crazy shit), which you would think would be negative points. And then I chose to talk to Tsugumi instead of Yuu as my final choice of the game. Yet this time, I unlocked the epilogue. Go me?

YUU'S EPILOGUE WAS AWESOME, HOLY SHIT. :O So it basically does confirm that BBB was right about Yuu's mother being Yuu ... somehow. Dunno if it's her clone or her time-shifted self or what, but ... we know Dr. Tanaka is Yuu. Weird.

Also, it was interesting to see the Kid get so much taller. lol, from Sara's path, we know he's older than 16, and yet he looked 14 to 15. Now he's 18, and he looks 18. Funny how that happens.

I think I may be burnt out on Ever 17 though, truth be told. I enjoyed playing it, but it's not my baby like it is for you, man. BBB has a love for Kanon which none of us can rival ... I had a similar passion for Chobits (past tense, since I really haven't done much with Chobits in a year or two, but I still honor it + feel it's the best anime I've ever seen) ... and for you? Well, it's obvious. Ever 17 is like ... like ten times what FSN was to you. And FSN was pretty big.

I decided to play this game as your friend -- because I see us friends ... or at least, as friendly as we can get through a webforum -- but now I think the time has come for me to put Ever 17 down for a while and call it quits. Maybe I'll pick it back up in December when I get the chance and try to beat Sora's and Coco's paths. And maybe not. Regardless, I am honored to have made Ever 17 the first visual novel I have ever beaten, and the 2nd (right on Narcissu's heels) I've ever really played. (Looking at FSN and Tsukihime over a friend's shoulders hardly counts. )

Maybe my mood will change later tonight or early tomorrow. But for now ... I'm looking at this as "I've only got 36 hours left of summer vacation." Time to spend them on a few last-second things, I think. ^_^;
Old 08-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #137
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
I decided to play this game as your friend -- because I see us friends ... or at least, as friendly as we can get through a webforum -- but now I think the time has come for me to put Ever 17 down for a while and call it quits. Maybe I'll pick it back up in December when I get the chance and try to beat Sora's and Coco's paths. And maybe not. Regardless, I am honored to have made Ever 17 the first visual novel I have ever beaten, and the 2nd (right on Narcissu's heels) I've ever really played. (Looking at FSN and Tsukihime over a friend's shoulders hardly counts. )
I am honored. You've earned your break - Sora and Coco will be waiting for you when you come back. Just don't get spoiled in the meantime! D:

Quote:
Maybe my mood will change later tonight or early tomorrow. But for now ... I'm looking at this as "I've only got 36 hours left of summer vacation." Time to spend them on a few last-second things, I think. ^_^;
Now here I am forgetting you're on the other side of the coast, where it's already early in the morning tomorrow. :O
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #138
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Huh? I'm back in Indiana, I have been since late June. East Coast man, just a 3 hour difference. It's 9:33pm right now. Well, it was when I wrote this. Time to write more, though ...

I just realized, BBB is unequivocally correct: YUU IS A CLONE. But the clue isn't from Yuu's path; it's from either Tsugumi's or Sara's. (I forget who told me it, and all the facts are becoming a jumble in my head now. ^^;; ) Somebody mentioned that cloning was outlawed around 7 years ago or so. That would be well before any of our heroes were born, so it follows that any one of them could be a clone.

Now, in Yuu's case, we have particular reason to believe she is a clone. Why?
  1. She and her mom look IDENTICAL. Pretty much a good enough reason right there. But wait, there's more![/*e61d8]
  2. We find out in the Kid x Yuu path that Yuu's dad died 34 years ago and her mother died 15 years ago. Yet Yuu's "mother" appears to still be alive, so what's the deal? Easy. Yuu's mother and father were egg & sperm donors for Leiblich Pharmaceuticals. They may have also been employed there as fulltime researchers, yes, but the fact remains, they donated their sperm and eggs to science and from those an army of "Yuus" was born. Thus ...

- Is Yuu's dad the deceased guy? Yes.
    - Is Yuu's mother the deceased woman? Yes.
    - But is the woman who raised Yuu possibly her surrogate mother *and* a fellow clone? Yes.[/*e61d8]
  3. While it may be possible that Yuu's "mother" is not just a clone identical to Yuu but also a clone identical to the real Tanaka Yurie (cutting out the dad from the equation entirely), it still doesn't diminish the fact that Yuu and the woman who raised her are genetically identical.[/*e61d8]
  4. "I ... am ... you ..." / "I ... am ... Yuu ..." haha, very punny. We saw this coming from the beginning, but there it is, proof in the pudding, case closed. Yuu's mom uses the line and it acquires its double-entendre meaning in full glory.[/*e61d8]
Old 08-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #139
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Huh? I'm back in Indiana, I have been since late June. East Coast man, just a 3 hour difference. It's 9:33pm right now. Well, it was when I wrote this. Time to write more, though ...
I misread your signature to say, "effective after August 12, 2007". So, that was my bad. :o

Quote:

I just realized, BBB is unequivocally correct: YUU IS A CLONE. But the clue isn't from Yuu's path; it's from either Tsugumi's or Sara's. (I forget who told me it, and all the facts are becoming a jumble in my head now. ^^;; ) Somebody mentioned that cloning was outlawed around 7 years ago or so. That would be well before any of our heroes were born, so it follows that any one of them could be a clone.

Now, in Yuu's case, we have particular reason to believe she is a clone. Why?
  1. She and her mom look IDENTICAL. Pretty much a good enough reason right there. But wait, there's more![/*db26a]
  2. We find out in the Kid x Yuu path that Yuu's dad died 34 years ago and her mother died 15 years ago. Yet Yuu's "mother" appears to still be alive, so what's the deal? Easy. Yuu's mother and father were egg & sperm donors for Leiblich Pharmaceuticals. They may have also been employed there as fulltime researchers, yes, but the fact remains, they donated their sperm and eggs to science and from those an army of "Yuus" was born. Thus ...

- Is Yuu's dad the deceased guy? Yes.
    - Is Yuu's mother the deceased woman? Yes.
    - But is the woman who raised Yuu possibly her surrogate mother *and* a fellow clone? Yes.[/*db26a]
  3. While it may be possible that Yuu's "mother" is not just a clone identical to Yuu but also a clone identical to the real Tanaka Yu[k]ie (cutting out the dad from the equation entirely), it still doesn't diminish the fact that Yuu and the woman who raised her are genetically identical.[/*db26a]
  4. "I ... am ... you ..." / "I ... am ... Yuu ..." haha, very [f]unny. We saw this coming from the beginning, but there it is, proof in the pudding, case closed. Yuu's mom uses the line and it acquires its double-entendre meaning in full glory.[/*db26a]
I shall not comment...but let me say I arrived at the same conclusion after finishing Tsugumi-Sora's Bad End and You's Good End.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-08-2007, 10:53 PM   #140
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Ok, I am at day six of I don't know who's path. Sora just tried to kill me because of something that happened between Tsugumi and I, but she stopped herself. I haven't really made any revelations, so whatever.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #141
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Holy shit. You don't say ...
Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #142
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That is why I hate Tsugumi, in spite of the development in her path.

DO NOT READ ANY OF THIS TALON, SORA'S PATH SPOILERS.

BBB, this is what happened.

In the Qualle, Tsugumi tried to kill Takeshi, then after he was unconscious, she raped him. Sora, whose path you are most likely on, was horrified. By this time, her A.I. had evolved so rapidly she had developed a concept of love. ;_;
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #143
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I just finished Sora's good ending, and tears are still running down my cheek. I understand why you love Sora and her story so much. It is wonderful. Sora's also great. There's no mystery or secrets unveiled, but it surpasses almost any romance I have ever seen.

Alrightey. I will head off to Coco's path. Honestly, I don't get why you hated Coco. She isn't an obnoxiously annoying loli character. She is mature enough to keep calm when the time is right, but is still charming and almost always brings a smile to my face.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #144
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
I just finished Sora's good ending, and tears are still running down my cheek. I understand why you love Sora and her story so much. It is wonderful. Sora's also great. There's no mystery or secrets unveiled, but it surpasses almost any romance I have ever seen.
*sniff*

I've yet to see Chobits but I'm expecting something in the same vein. ;_;

Quote:
Alrightey. I will head off to Coco's path. Honestly, I don't get why you hated Coco. She isn't an obnoxiously annoying loli character. She is mature enough to keep calm when the time is right.
It's not that easy. The road to Coco's Path only opens up when all four Good Endings have been unlocked - Sora, Sara, Tsugumi, You. big bad birtha has gone down You (Bad), You (Good), and Sora (Good) - you need Sara (Good) and Tsugumi (Good) before you can go on Coco's Path.

After Sora's Path I recommend going down Sara's Path because it shouldn't be as profound. I mean, it's touching, but you won't finish it feeling like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.

Then finish it off with Tsugumi, which as Talon hinted will be tough to swallow as well.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #145
Talon87
時の彼方へ

On Kid's path, Coco is just a creepy loli. On Takeshi's path, I'd say she's almost like "fake loli," because she is too old calendrically and behaves too old half the time to be loli.

Yeah, just to clarify, my status out of the 11 possible endings is:
  1. Tsugumi Good[/*b8f87]
  2. Yuu Good[/*b8f87]
  3. Yuu Epilogue[/*b8f87]
  4. Sara Good[/*b8f87]
  5. Sara Epilogue[/*b8f87]
  6. Sara Bad[/*b8f87]
I still have not seen ...
  1. Tsugumi Bad[/*b8f87]
  2. Sora Good[/*b8f87]
  3. Sora Bad[/*b8f87]
  4. Tsugumi/Sora shared Epilogue[/*b8f87]
  5. Yuu Bad[/*b8f87]
That stated, I do have three of four Good Ends unlocked, so I really only need to complete Sora's and I'll be good to go. Still ... haven't played the game at all since my post where I mentioned I'm burnt out.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #146
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Tsugumi and Sora have the same Bad Ending - all the Bad Ends are "optional" in that they're not required to go onto Coco's Path, but there's a very small detail in the Tsugumi-Sora Bad End that cannot possibly be seen in the other paths that is just vaguely hinted on. As in, most people would be caught up in the emotion and not pay attention, and even if such people did pay attention it would be impossible to detect. I could only find it with bias from having run through Coco's Path.

A word of warning - Coco's Path + true epilogue IIRC a little more than twice as long as any of the other paths including their epilogues. Once one gets on Coco's Path, there's very little opportunities for making choices - the tough part is getting onto the path, which can be tricky (I failed the first time).

Quote:
Alrightey. I will head off to Coco's path. Honestly, I don't get why you hated Coco. She isn't an obnoxiously annoying loli character. She is mature enough to keep calm when the time is right, but is still charming and almost always brings a smile to my face.
I hated Coco because she was the source of the Tief Blau that forced everyone to descend from Himmel into the IBF. In Kid's Path, she struck me as almost begging Kid to go down there, where we know the virus is. THAT'S why I was so outraged by her, especially at the end of Kid's Route when she appears at the door and "disappears" into it - she was beckoning at Kid to follow her down into death.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #147
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Alright. I haven't had much time to play, but I am going to aim at Sara. Right now, every time You asks me something, I ignore her request. I don't like treating You coldly, but I guess I have to ;_;.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #148
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I felt the exact same way. I wanted there to be a way for me to be nice to Yuu while sexing up Sara, the same way it happens in reverse -- where you're nice to Sara and are never mean to her (outside of simply turning down opportunities to be with her if it means NOTb being with Yuu), but you still wind up with Yuu in the end and are still good friends with Sara.

I also think this is why playing the Sora arc will be difficult for me. Having played Tsugumi's arc and really fallen for the [i[tsundere-hime[/i] that she is, and really understanding (and respecting) why she is so cold towards people and instinctively mistrustful of them, and also understanding her (very logical) reason for insisting that people do not touch her, it's going to be really hard to see her in such a demonic light in the Sora arc.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #149
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
I felt the exact same way. I wanted there to be a way for me to be nice to Yuu while sexing up Sara, the same way it happens in reverse -- where you're nice to Sara and are never mean to her (outside of simply turning down opportunities to be with her if it means NOT being with Yuu), but you still wind up with Yuu in the end and are still good friends with Sara.
<.<
>.>

Not for you BBB.

Siblings are more forgiving than girlfriends. D:

Quote:
I also think this is why playing the Sora arc will be difficult for me. Having played Tsugumi's arc and really fallen for the tsundere-hime that she is, and really understanding (and respecting) why she is so cold towards people and instinctively mistrustful of them, and also understanding her (very logical) reason for insisting that people do not touch her, it's going to be really hard to see her in such a demonic light in the Sora arc.
Tsugumi's barbaracism comes out of nowhere - her reasons for being aggressive aren't known unless one plays her arc, just like something you saw in Tsugumi's Path won't make sense until you play Sora's Path. Of course, in the Takeshi situation, he doesn't really have to be outright mean to Tsugumi or Sora, just ignore them - in fact, I'd say Takeshi can be meaner to Sora during her path than in Tsugumi's Path, where he isn't really antagonistic at all.

In retrospect of Tsugumi wasn't so nasty in Sora's Path it would have ended in a tragic premature fashion, but regardless I'll never forgive her. Ever.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-24-2007, 01:21 AM   #150
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

It has been awhile since there has been any kind of discussion on this (well, that's because no-one has been playing this). Anyway, I have been rollin' through Sara's path and I'm on day four. (NOTE: I don't think anyone other me and Doppleganger are even going to read this, so I'm not going to bother with spoiler tags.)

There's one thing that really made my blood boil with fury (like Akagi, it's a good fury). It was when Kid had a raging fit. Like when Tsugumi was standing over Sara, he recalled some past memory and went insane. It was kind of like when Talon remembered the kids beating her up and went ballistic. Anyway, the little flashbacks he had in that small room almost made me cry. It was so awful.

Anyway, I have a little on guess on what Kid is and how his memory loss works out. I somewhat believe that Kid's path and Takeshi's path are actually different dimensions, and the things that Kid has been recalling have been Takeshi's story. Kid might of traveled between dimensions. You know, kind of like another show I know of [SPOILER for something completely different. Doppel, this spoils an anime that you have half completed, but this is the only example I could think of.]I think Kid might be like Rika from Higurashi. Except for the fact that his memories work like the other people in Higurashi, and the things that happen in the other dimension happen are buried deep in their memories. Rika keeps hers.[/SPOILER]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime