Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 08-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #101
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Why would they be expecting her name to be Yuubiseiharukana?
That is the question. ;)
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #102
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I just finished Day 1 with Takeshi. I'm trying to hit up Tsugumi while being as nice to Sora as possible. Sort of like how I did with Yuu and Sara on Kid's file. (I was always nice to Sara unless it was a Yuu vs. Sara scenario.) I'm hoping that this will give me the option of going back and replaying from Day (e.g.) 4 or 5 and get a Good End with Sora if it turns out that my decision to run with Tsugumi winds me up with a Bad End.

So ... spoiler thoughts! If using Mozilla Firefox, hold down the Ctrl button and then use your wheel on your mouse to make the small text legible. (About 5-6 scrolls should do it.) Otherwise, quote to read. Each section will be labeled "A", "B", "C", etc., so if you can't get size formatting to work within quote boxes for some reason, you can simply say, "With regards to Letter A ..."

1. I still have not figured out what Tsugumi is. Robot? Bionic woman? Lemurian? No idea.[/*198c8]
  2. I made the connection that "there are two LeMUs ... we're dealing with a rift in space-time, folks." It was courtesy of having played Kid's story mode and now playing Takeshi's. I got to see "Phantom Coco" in the room beneath the infirmary in Kid's route, and now I got to see "Real Coco" in that same room holding a conversation with "unknown" (but known to me, Talon, as the Kid in the other dimension!!!). I got to see Takeshi interrupt Coco in the Takeshi route, which was "Phantom Coco vanishing suddenly" in the Kid route. So yeah. There's a DEFINITE time-spatial-rift thing going on here. Coco exists inside one dimension, Sara exists inside the other, and the other five characters exist in both but are slightly different.[/*198c8]
  3. For instance, the fact that Kid in Kid's route has retrograde amnesia but that Kid in Takeshi's route has both retrograde *AND* anterograde amnesia, requiring him to use a notepad to keep track of people's names and place locations.[/*198c8]
  4. For instance, Tsugumi and Takeshi not getting along at all in Kid's route but them getting along completely in Takeshi's route (even if she is still cold and calculating).[/*198c8]
  5. In Kid's route, Tsugumi seemed to trust nobody and said "You're all acting just like you did before." I now believe that she's alluding to her experience in LeMU in the Takeshi route, and I have strong reason to believe that Yuu (the "Yuubiseiharukana" Yuu, the one of the Takeshi route) is a bad guy who knows way too much for her own good. She seems to be a lot more familiar with Sora than she was in the Kid route, and what's more, she tells us in the Takeshi route "I've only been working here for 4 days." PFFFFFFFFFFT, how could somebody who's worked here for 4 days be so buddy-buddy with the Chief Assistant of LeMU, Sora!?!?!? I don't buy it. I think Tsugumi (from Kid's route) is right -- the people onboard the station ARE out to kill her. Only problem is ... they were out to kill her on the Takeshi route, NOT on the Kid route.[/*198c8]
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #103
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Talon, your speculative ventures have lead me to dig up a diamond when I was looking for gold. I'm off to the academy to flaunt my findings to my flabbergasted fellows!

Quote:
I made the connection that "there are two LeMUs ... we're dealing with a rift in space-time, folks." It was courtesy of having played Kid's story mode and now playing Takeshi's. I got to see "Phantom Coco" in the room beneath the infirmary in Kid's route, and now I got to see "Real Coco" in that same room holding a conversation with "unknown" (but known to me, Talon, as the Kid in the other dimension!!!). I got to see Takeshi interrupt Coco in the Takeshi route, which was "Phantom Coco vanishing suddenly" in the Kid route. So yeah. There's a DEFINITE time-spatial-rift thing going on here. Coco exists inside one dimension, Sara exists inside the other, and the other five characters exist in both but are slightly different.
Well reasoned. I will note you should find a theme severely lacking in Takeshi's Route that was featured heavily in Kid's Route.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-07-2007, 02:06 AM   #104
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Well, I am on day two of Takeshi's route while trying to go for Sora. However, I am having such a difficult time doing anything mean to Tsugumi. Like when they asked me if I should either look for Sora or fix the generator with Tsugumi, I chose to repair the generator with Tsugumi, because I already know that looking for Sora is pointless (I believe that knowledge isn't something I should've used in this case). I have to say, Tsugumi is the shiznit. I will so go for her next time if I didn't accidentally stray on her path already (if so, I will backtrack because I already made decisions that went right for Sora, meaning that Tsugumi's path will be phailure) ><.

There is another thing about this that is really strange. Tsugumi gets along really well with Coco =O. I don't know if there's any meaning in that, but I thought Tsugumi would hate Coco. I guess it's an "opposites attract" thing.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:36 AM   #105
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
Well, I am on day two of Takeshi's route while trying to go for Sora. However, I am having such a difficult time doing anything mean to Tsugumi. Like when they asked me if I should either look for Sora or fix the generator with Tsugumi, I chose to repair the generator with Tsugumi, because I already know that looking for Sora is pointless (I believe that knowledge isn't something I should've used in this case).
You don't have to be mean to her, just leave her alone. If you juggle between girls there's a strong chance you'll miss docking onto Sora's Path and get stuck with the Bad End...which is, well.

This is an interesting turn of events, though. Talon is gunning for Tsugumi, BBB Sora, both on Takeshi's Path. And both look to end up at the same point.

Quote:
I have to say, Tsugumi is the shiznit. I will so go for her next time if I didn't accidentally stray on her path already (if so, I will backtrack because I already made decisions that went right for Sora, meaning that Tsugumi's path will be phailure) ><.
Talon made this observation earlier, and I'll formally address it here - a good observation. Tsugumi is much nicer in this scenario...why?

Quote:
There is another thing about this that is really strange. Tsugumi gets along really well with Coco =O. I don't know if there's any meaning in that, but I thought Tsugumi would hate Coco.
A most excellent observation! Coco seems to brighten every room she's in...unless it happens to be that section beneath the Infimary.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #106
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I've noticed that (if we call Kid's path "the base path" and Takeshi's path the deviant path, okay?) the people on Takeshi's path aren't 1:1 correspondence-ly matching up with people from Kid's path ... it's more of a mix. Examples ...

- the Sara from Kid's path has been absorbed into (in order of significance) (1) Coco, (2) Tsugumi, (3) Kid. For instance, Coco is the person who has totally replaced Sara; she's also the person who invents the nickname "Nakkyu" for Yuu. Tsugumi is the one who holds the deep, PC-genius conversation with Sora on Takeshi's path, and half of her facial expressions remind me of Sara's. And then as for Kid, he says "Nin! Nin!" during the Kick the Can event on Day 2. As we all know, "Nin! Nin!" was one of Sara's signature expressions on the Kid path.

- the Yuu on Takeshi's path seems to be a mix between Kid's Yuu and someone else, not entirely sure who

- Coco is largely "the replacement for Sara," but she has said many things so far which the Kid originally said on Kid's path. For instance, she's the one who says to Sora, "Let me get this straight ... you're saying that at best, we'll be gone by 4:40pm on May 7th. But the reverse also holds true! At the worst, we still have until 4:40pm on May 6th!"

- Tsugumi can't only be "part herself, part Sara" because of the important fact that she was the one on Takeshi's path who knew that the door would be hot. Since only Tsugumi and Takeshi were there, and since Kid (on Kid's path) has this premonition that he's seen this before and knows the door is scalding hot, this suggests that Tsugumi is "part Kid" and the Kid's-route Kid is "part Tsugumi."

I don't yet know to what extent this is simply the writers recasting lines to maintain character balance and to what extent this is the writers suggesting that the personalities have been split and rearranged between the two different dimensions. All I do know is, I'm observing a lot of people on Takeshi's path saying things or doing things that were done by other characters on Kid's path ... other characters who (in all cases but Coco/Sara) exist equally on both paths.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #107
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
I've noticed that (if we call Kid's path "the base path" and Takeshi's path the deviant path, okay?) the people on Takeshi's path aren't 1:1 correspondence-ly matching up with people from Kid's path ... it's more of a mix.
Not a "mix" so much as a different scenario. When playing visual novels, it's not unusual for situations to change drastically based on decisions made, but in this case the majority of changes were outside of the player's control, outside of picking either Kid or Takeshi to play as. I really didn't think much of the differences at first, though, aside from "how one situation's something explains what happens in the other situation which we don't see because we're playing as a different character". Sort of the Higurashi style of looking at puzzles.

Quote:
- the Sara from Kid's path has been absorbed into (in order of significance) (1) Coco, (2) Tsugumi, (3) Kid. For instance, Coco is the person who has totally replaced Sara; she's also the person who invents the nickname "Nakkyu" for Yuu. Tsugumi is the one who holds the deep, PC-genius conversation with Sora on Takeshi's path, and half of her facial expressions remind me of Sara's. And then as for Kid, he says "Nin! Nin!" during the Kick the Can event on Day 2. As we all know, "Nin! Nin!" was one of Sara's signature expressions on the Kid path.
To clarify, Tsugumi is very intelligent, but she's not on the same level of skill that Sara is. Second only to perhaps Sora, Sara is the most intelligent person in the game.

You bring up something interesting regarding Kid, and no doubt he and Coco will do more stuff like that later on.

Quote:
- the Yuu on Takeshi's path seems to be a mix between Kid's Yuu and someone else, not entirely sure who...
You is fundamentally the same, though she's less fiery and uptight than the You in Kid's Route. In fact, all of the characters save Sora and Takeshi are "wound up" in Kid's Route.

Quote:
- Coco is largely "the replacement for Sara," but she has said many things so far which the Kid originally said on Kid's path. For instance, she's the one who says to Sora, "Let me get this straight ... you're saying that at best, we'll be gone by 4:40pm on May 7th. But the reverse also holds true! At the worst, we still have until 4:40pm on May 6th!"
Good!

Quote:
- Tsugumi can't only be "part herself, part Sara" because of the important fact that she was the one on Takeshi's path who knew that the door would be hot. Since only Tsugumi and Takeshi were there, and since Kid (on Kid's path) has this premonition that he's seen this before and knows the door is scalding hot, this suggests that Tsugumi is "part Kid" and the Kid's-route Kid is "part Tsugumi."
Continue on that line of thinking, but not with just Tsugumi. If it's true information from certain characters "leak" into the Kid.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #108
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Alrightey. I am on day three of Takeshi's path and going for Sora. Ok, something is crazy wrong about Kid. When he was counting, another one appeared right in front of us, completely oblivious to the game. I don't know what exactly is wrong, but I am taken aback by it. I won't make any stupid speculations about this, because I don't really know enough to make one. It probably has something to do with Sara because I remember something he said. He said "Nin! Nin! Ninja!"

Also, when I found Sora, I just had to smile at her. I found it very charming at how she was hiding behind the counter like that, and then acting like an employee in an attempt to fool me.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #109
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just reached the Takeshi start of Day 4. Use your mouse wheel (in Mozilla Firefox) to make the text below legible. 5-6 scrolls oughta do it.

I chose to tighten the two valves in the Clockwise direction both times. I have not gone back and tried the other three permutations to see if they result in a different path. Frankly, I'm sort of happy with the result I obtained -- Tsugumi being mortally wounded -- because it gave Takeshi the opportunity to play hero and save Tsugumi's life. Also, because she is healing radically quickly, it's revealing that Tsugumi is not all that she appears to be.

Because she did have a fractured femur and arteries requiring sutures, we can rule out that Tsugumi is a robot. Cyborg, maybe, but not a robot. I would say it's much more likely at this point that she is a "super soldier," like the kind we see in so many sci-fi stories, the military projects who have been genetically engineered to be superior to the human race in every sense of the word. Doppel does tell me, "Talon, Sara is smarter than Tsugumi," but still, the girl is clearly intelligent (unlike Kid's-path Takeshi) and she's also super strong.

When Sora asked me, "I have a secret to tell you. Will you come with me?" I chose Yes rather than No, because Yuu had just got done telling me that Tsugumi would not be awake for the next few days. I hope that that decision won't put me on the Bad End path for Takeshi x Tsugumi. Sora seemed particularly flirtatious ...

But hey! I did get a massive plot point out of it! Sora revealed for fact what I've already hypothesized -- that there are two LeMUs, a Y-branch where you make a decision and depending on which you make you either go to Timeline A or Timeline B. The Y-branch here would appear to be the LeMU sirens going off and deciding who one wishes to play as -- Takeshi or Kid. And of course there are countless other Y branches each and every time we are posed with a choice between two questions to ask or decisions to make.

My save file on Day 4 still doesn't have anybody's name next to Takeshi's. Probably because I've been nice enough to Sora and Tsugumi and the game can't decide who to give me yet, or something. *shrug* Please Tsugumi. Even if it's a Bad End, I would like to try for a Tsugumi path.

I'm torn now, though, between pursuing Takeshi x Sora or Kid x Sara next. I had said I would do Kid x Sara, and I think I will, but I must admit that Takeshi x Sora does look fun.

Is there no way to do a Coco path until you've unlocked every other path, Doppel?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #110
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Just a note - I replayed the Bad End (Takeshi) and discovered something ENORMOUSLY important that isn't revealed in any other path outside of Coco! It's really hard to pick up, though - I MIGHT point it out to you guys if one of you heads down there but doing so might give something away. Suffice to say, it's worth your while to go on the Bad End anyway - it had enough of an effect on me that I was scared to death of Himmel and was enraged at Coco's 'spectre' in the last parts of You's Path. It also made You's Path more worth-while for me since I had to struggle for so long to escape the nightmare that was LeMU.

Quote:
When he was counting, another one appeared right in front of us, completely oblivious to the game. I don't know what exactly is wrong, but I am taken aback by it. I won't make any stupid speculations about this, because I don't really know enough to make one. It probably has something to do with Sara because I remember something he said. He said "Nin! Nin! Ninja!"
Ahh, yes. What exactly happened there is furious debate to this day, though I'm pretty sure I have a good hypothesis of the occurance. Shall not say, though.

Quote:
Also, when I found Sora, I just had to smile at her. I found it very charming at how she was hiding behind the counter like that, and then acting like an employee in an attempt to fool me.
Osora-san.

Quote:

Because she did have a fractured femur and arteries requiring sutures, we can rule out that Tsugumi is a robot. Cyborg, maybe, but not a robot. I would say it's much more likely at this point that she is a "super soldier," like the kind we see in so many sci-fi stories, the military projects who have been genetically engineered to be superior to the human race in every sense of the word. Doppel does tell me, "Talon, Sara is smarter than Tsugumi," but still, the girl is clearly intelligent (unlike Kid's-path Takeshi) and she's also super strong.
Tsugumi is stronger than any other character in the game, even Takeshi.

Quote:

When Sora asked me, "I have a secret to tell you. Will you come with me?" I chose Yes rather than No, because Yuu had just got done telling me that Tsugumi would not be awake for the next few days. I hope that that decision won't put me on the Bad End path for Takeshi x Tsugumi. Sora seemed particularly flirtatious ...
Interesting, isn't it?

Quote:

But hey! I did get a massive plot point out of it! Sora revealed for fact what I've already hypothesized -- that there are two LeMUs, a Y-branch where you make a decision and depending on which you make you either go to Timeline A or Timeline B. The Y-branch here would appear to be the LeMU sirens going off and deciding who one wishes to play as -- Takeshi or Kid. And of course there are countless other Y branches each and every time we are posed with a choice between two questions to ask or decisions to make.
True, Sora's discussion applies to the situation, but only coincidentally - she also brought up the subject of time-space that You did as well. Frankly, even now I'm not sure how the physics/philosophy from Sora's Path is a "legend about LeMU's origins".

I've no access to my game, but from your position in the story, I believe there are two very important keys you over-looked, which I'll point out depending on your ending.

Quote:

My save file on Day 4 still doesn't have anybody's name next to Takeshi's. Probably because I've been nice enough to Sora and Tsugumi and the game can't decide who to give me yet, or something. *shrug* Please Tsugumi. Even if it's a Bad End, I would like to try for a Tsugumi path.
Shouldn't kick in until Day 6 or so. The Shortcut menu claims Tsugumi/Sora's Paths begin on Day 4, but that's not true in practice - even if one selects "Tsugumi Day 4" or "Sora Day 4", the quick-save menus do not indicate any particular path and one could, if on Tsugumi's Path, still end up on the Bad End or Sora, or if on Sora, the Bad End.

Quote:

I'm torn now, though, between pursuing Takeshi x Sora or Kid x Sara next. I had said I would do Kid x Sara, and I think I will, but I must admit that Takeshi x Sora does look fun.
Depends on your mood.

Quote:
Is there no way to do a Coco path until you've unlocked every other path, Doppel?
Coco's Path can only be unlocked when all four Good Ends have been achieved. From there, you replay the game as normal but stuff happens and the scenario spirals out of control. I'd recommend that when both of you get to Coco's Path, you play as Kid, since Takeshi's viewpoint sucks, while Kid's is electric.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #111
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hmm. Two important keys I've overlooked? I dunno ... it may just be that I didn't think they were important enough to post about. Or that stuff I did think was important (like whether to turn the gas main Clockwise or Counterclockwise) was skipped over by you yourself in your reply. *shrug*

As an example of one possible "key" you may be thinking I missed but I simply didn't bother talking about, HOTDOGS. It's obvious that the two LeMUs are not simply "two divergent paths with their own unique space-time" but are rather "two divergent paths that occupy the same space" because of the issue of hotdogs and chicken sandwiches.

On Takeshi's path ...
- Takeshi finds hot dogs in the cooler, but there are only enough for one meal. He prepares them for early morning breakfast (at like 6am, way before the Kid-path team wakes up) and everybody eats his share of hotdogs until they're all gone.
- Kid finds two sandwiches on the bench and Takeshi says "Oh, those must be the ones I placed there." But he's already forgetting that he only put ONE there. Well anyway, Kid gives away the two sandwiches: one to Tsugumi, and the other to I-forget.

On Kid's path ...
- Takeshi finds hot dogs in the cooler, but they don't get around to cooking breakfast until after the group on Takeshi's path, and so when Takeshi opens the cooler, the hot dogs are missing, and Takeshi accuses Tsugumi of theft. Then he sees a rat later and everybody assumes the rat got to them instead.
- Kid finds two sandwiches on the bench and brings them back to the conference room. He gives one sandwich away, but as he reaches for the second ... it's gone. People accuse Kid of hallucinating, but he *knows* he had two sandwiches ...

I mean, there's a lot of stuff I could talk about, but I don't want to because it's time I could spend playing the game, so I only write those things where I want to hear your feedback. If there are any "keys" you think I've missed, I'd appreciate the most non-spoiler word or phrase you can think of to get me to talk about it. For example ... if you had wanted me to explain the hotdog thing I just explained, you could have said something like "hotdogs" or "sandwiches on the bench" and I'd have then replied.

By all means, please do so. Please try to think of a simple word or phrase to get me onto the same page you're on for our discussion. Otherwise, you're requiring me to fire off every little Sherlock Holmes observation I've made. :x
Old 08-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #112
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Hmm. Two important keys I've overlooked? I dunno ... it may just be that I didn't think they were important enough to post about. Or that stuff I did think was important (like whether to turn the gas main Clockwise or Counterclockwise) was skipped over by you yourself in your reply. *shrug*
Regarding the second key, a while back, didn't I say something about Sora-Takeshi bringing up something in their discussion? The discussion in question is the one that occured at the Karussel Delfin.
Quote:
As an example of one possible "key" you may be thinking I missed but I simply didn't bother talking about, HOTDOGS. It's obvious that the two LeMUs are not simply "two divergent paths with their own unique space-time" but are rather "two divergent paths that occupy the same space" because of the issue of hotdogs and chicken sandwiches.
Beer/tuna as well, but that's not the key unless there's some symbolic meaning to tuna. I doubt there is.

Quote:
By all means, please do so. Please try to think of a simple word or phrase to get me onto the same page you're on for our discussion. Otherwise, you're requiring me to fire off every little Sherlock Holmes observation I've made. :x
Hmm. All I will say is, replay Day 2 after you've finished Tsugumi's Path. Both key and diamond appear on that day.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #113
Talon87
時の彼方へ

*dislikes these riddles Doppel is speaking in :x *

Whatever, I'm just going to play the game.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #114
Talon87
時の彼方へ

On late Day 6 of Takeshi's path. FINALLY gained "Takeshi x Tsugumi" status!

Spoilers in Size 8 font below. Requesting future spoilers be put in Size 6-8, too. Size 1 is just too damn small to scroll down to.

Man, the two paths are REALLY quite different, aren't they? On Kid's path, there's next to no mention of Tief Blau, whereas in Takeshi's path, it's not only hinted to be the cause of the evacuation (Sora screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT TIEF BLAU!"), but is 100% proven to be it with Coco -- and subsequently Takeshi and Kid and Yuu -- all coming down with it! Holy shit! So the other people were evacuated, while those who had come into direct contact with Coco were quarantined.

Tsugumi seems to really love me, but we have a lot of fights where she violently departs with tears in her eyes. I don't know if that's just her being emotional or what, but I'll take her sincere concern about me coming down with Tief Blau, her emotional refusal to let me have access to her antibodies for fear I would come down with Cure, and my savefile saying "Takeshi/Tsugumi" as good signs.

HOORAY FOR GETTING INTO HIMMEL!

Doppel, I just thought I'd say that in Japanese, too, there is the connection between the words "heaven" and "sky." Different characters, though. The character for "Sora" is 空 and has the readings "Kuu" or "Sora" (or, more rarely, "Kara" and also the verb form "aku" 空ã ). However, it only means Sky. Not Heaven. 天 , or Ten, is the character which means "Heaven." As in tensai 天æ‰Â, tenshi 天使, tenchi 天地, or tenki 天気. As shown by the last word (meaning "weather"), Ten does have the dual meaning of not only Heaven but also Sky.

I don't know if this will significantly matter or not, especially since I did not attempt to try them out via Quick Save and see what would have happened if I had made alternative decisions, but ...

- I punched Kid in the face when he was talking suicide.
- I asked Tsugumi and then Sora about how to open HIMMEL's door.
- When Sora asked me if we were ready to go even though we could not retrace our steps once we moved on, I selected "Yes, let's go!" rather than the "Hmm, let's hold on a sec ..." option.

Regarding statues ... Coco was carving the South-pointing statue this time, not the East-pointing statue! Very peculiar, especially since there should only be one Coco between both dimensions and (therefore) only one carver with only one carving.

Regarding Chami ... so that's who the rat is, and why he would be included on Coco's carving! I guessed correctly that the 2nd animal was the rat, didn't I? ......... even if it wasn't entirely for the right reasons ...

Also regarding Chami ... HOLY SHIT , I can't believe she did that to Chami. Even if he is infected by Cure, still ...!

If I remember anything else, I'll be sure to post it. But for now ... time to beat the game! And hope I don't get a Bad End!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #115
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
On late Day 6 of Takeshi's path. FINALLY gained "Takeshi x Tsugumi" status!
Congrats! Quite an accomplishment, that.

Quote:
Man, the two paths are REALLY quite different, aren't they? On Kid's path, there's next to no mention of Tief Blau, whereas in Takeshi's path, it's not only hinted to be the cause of the evacuation (Sora screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT TIEF BLAU!"), but is 100% proven to be it with Coco -- and subsequently Takeshi and Kid and Yuu -- all coming down with it! Holy shit! So the other people were evacuated, while those who had come into direct contact with Coco were quarantined.
Do not read this until you finish Tsugumi's Path.

No, nobody knew Coco had it, because no one knew the virus had been leaked somehow (which was the accident). Someone died in the IBF and that scared the crack out of the scientists, who evacuated the facility as quickly as they could - notice all the the escape vessels had been taken. When that happened, someone panicked and went through LeMU to get to the surface, which is what caused the leak of air-pressure and the eventual flooding of the complex. Takeshi, You, and Kid were unfortunate to have been held up with Coco, since she unknowingly contaminated them with the virus. Takeshi, Kid, and You were both blessed and cursed to be trapped with Coco and Tsugumi.

Quote:

Tsugumi seems to really love me, but we have a lot of fights where she violently departs with tears in her eyes. I don't know if that's just her being emotional or what, but I'll take her sincere concern about me coming down with Tief Blau, her emotional refusal to let me have access to her antibodies for fear I would come down with Cure, and my savefile saying "Takeshi/Tsugumi" as good signs.
Yup, it's love.

Quote:

HOORAY FOR GETTING INTO HIMMEL!
NO I HATE THAT PLACE.

HATE HATE HATE.

Quote:

Doppel, I just thought I'd say that in Japanese, too, there is the connection between the words "heaven" and "sky." Different characters, though. The character for "Sora" is 空 and has the readings "Kuu" or "Sora" (or, more rarely, "Kara" and also the verb form "aku" 空ã ). However, it only means Sky. Not Heaven. 天 , or Ten, is the character which means "Heaven." As in tensai 天æ‰Â, tenshi 天使, tenchi 天地, or tenki 天気. As shown by the last word (meaning "weather"), Ten does have the dual meaning of not only Heaven but also Sky.
Take note of that! It is important for later on.

Quote:

- I punched Kid in the face when he was talking suicide.
- I asked Tsugumi and then Sora about how to open HIMMEL's door.
- When Sora asked me if we were ready to go even though we could not retrace our steps once we moved on, I selected "Yes, let's go!" rather than the "Hmm, let's hold on a sec ..." option.
I never picked option #1, in ANY of my games - I didn't have the heart to do it.

Quote:

Regarding statues ... Coco was carving the South-pointing statue this time, not the East-pointing statue! Very peculiar, especially since there should only be one Coco between both dimensions and (therefore) only one carver with only one carving.
Good, good.

Quote:

Regarding Chami ... so that's who the rat is, and why he would be included on Coco's carving! I guessed correctly that the 2nd animal was the rat, didn't I? ......... even if it wasn't entirely for the right reasons ...

Yup. And hence my hint from earlier, I think - if Sora had been monitoring on the second day, she wouldn't have seen Takeshi, Sara, and You (in Kid's Route) or Takeshi and Tsugumi (in Takeshi's Route) in the generator room because of the heat. Hence, Tsugumi could hide Chami because he was on her person.

Quote:

Also regarding Chami ... HOLY SHIT , I can't believe she did that to Chami. Even if he is infected by Cure, still ...!
Yeah. ;_;
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #116
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wow. I just beat it. I was in such disbelief that this was the "Good End" that I had to confirm it with my own eyes. Yup. *see attachment below*

I am very happy with the end because ... I've said it once, I've said it a thousand thousand thousand times -- I'm a huge sucker for tragic romances!. For that reason, I can 100% predict that BBB will hate the "Good End" of Tsugumi's path. However ... I wasn't entirely happy with the logic of it, myself. ^_^; For example ...

1 - Takeshi swallows some of Tsugumi's blood the day they kiss. Um ... *hint hint* , why wasn't she more aware of this after being so hyper-sensitive about it all game?

2 - Why couldn't he have at least attempted to swim vertically? He didn't even try.

3 - Um ... most people float when they are deeper than 10 feet under water, especially 10 feet beneath the sea, since the salinity and coldness of deep ocean water makes it really dense. So ... Takeshi sinking deeper and deeper made no sense at all. He should have fired upwards like a rocket. And exploded. >_<

4 - Which reminds me ... the scene where he bolts out of the decompression chamber and back into HIMMEL/LeMU was really ridiculous. 12.5 atm to 1 atm, and you're telling me his head didn't explode? Yeah right.

Anyway ... score one for the Tal-man! Without using any online aides or anything ... without doing anything but playing the game by myself and then reporting my thoughts and feelings here at UPN ... I am 2 for 2 for Good Ends and 0 for 2 for Bad Ends. w007 w007! And one of those good ends is the notoriously difficult Tsugumi!

*BBB and Doppel both cough, loudly*

... okay, so maybe I did have a little help from my two friends here. Take a bow, gentlemen!

*BBB and Doppel begin to bow, but ...*

Okay, enough of that! More praise for me!

j/k ;) ... but I am excited I got the good end on my first try without ever having to backtrack.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:21 PM   #117
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Now ... some important observations. Doppel, again, please try to use larger fonts than size 1. If you use Size 8, it becomes legible within 5 clicks of the mouse wheel. If you use size 1, even if I keep doing it until the avatar box takes up the full screen, size 1 is still not legible. Copying and pasting text is a chore because (when in size 1 and in quotes) I can't seem to highlight past that sentence. And quoting is also a chore because the text loses all of its formatting. If you don't plan on trying it out, state so so I leave you alone.

Question 1: what is the terabyte disc found in Pipi's mouth? (Rhetorical question; I don't want an actual answer! @_@) I mean ... somebody had to stuff that in there and put him under the table. O_o;

Question 2: Why did Pipi die? I mean ... we saw him being immune to Tief Blau the entire time. Coco loves her dog Pipi, so I can't imagine her willingly leaving the station without it. Sort of makes you wonder if the "rescue squad" that came to save everybody really did save them or not. After all ... we didn't technically get to hear Yuu's, Kid's, or Coco's voices. Just the military dude. For all we know, they may have gassed them and killed Pipi for safe measure.

Question 3: Seeing as Takeshi and Tsugumi assumed Pipi was dead ... why did they bring him along? O_o Did they simply not want to abandon him to LeMU? Or did they think that maybe -- maybe -- he wasn't dead after all?

Question 4: Is it a coincidence or not that Coco's father's initials were "T.Y.", i.e. Tanaka Yukie, the same name as Yuu's mother? Or [Tanaka?] Yoichiro, the same initials as her father? Makes you wonder ... is Coco's dad on the Takeshi path also Yuu's dad from the Kid path? Did he slipstream or something?

Observation 1: Kid's dream on the Kid path about the capsule with the black ooze pouring from it was the same place as IML's lab! :o

Observation 2: and the hallway he saw in his dream on the Kid path is the same hallway we walk down in IML!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:50 PM   #118
Talon87
時の彼方へ

http://www.mediafire.com/?70i9r9tjtgn

Doppel was right ... it took a while, but I have finally fallen in love with the song. Can't say I feel the same way about most of the other songs, though. Just this one and "Karma" (the melody you here when looking at the main menu ... also the really heart-breaking song that plays when Takeshi says goodbye to Tsugumi for the last time ).

But yeah. This song rocks. ;)

Too bad I'm too sad to play the game right now. ;_;
Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 AM   #119
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Wow. I just beat it. I was in such disbelief that this was the "Good End" that I had to confirm it with my own eyes. Yup. *see attachment below*
SURPRISE!

Quote:
For that reason, I can 100% predict that BBB will hate the "Good End" of Tsugumi's path.

Oh, somehow I doubt he'll be as shocked as you may think. ;)

Quote:
1 - Takeshi swallows some of Tsugumi's blood the day they kiss. Um ... *hint hint* , why wasn't she more aware of this after being so hyper-sensitive about it all game?
1. When was that? Day 6/5? Even then, what you just picked up on is massively important.

Quote:

2 - Why couldn't he have at least attempted to swim vertically? He didn't even try.

2. Impossible. Remember, there's fifty feet of ocean in between each level of LeMU and something like one hundred feet between Dritte Stock and the IBF. The total distance from the ocean floor there to the surface is three hundred and fifty three feet, if I remember correctly - basically a thirty five story building. Could anyone swim the length of Big Ben upward? Not even Tsugumi could do it, and she's a Cure.

Quote:

3 - Um ... most people float when they are deeper than 10 feet under water, especially 10 feet beneath the sea, since the salinity and coldness of deep ocean water makes it really dense. So ... Takeshi sinking deeper and deeper made no sense at all. He should have fired upwards like a rocket. And exploded. >_<
I believe he was fired from the sub, then drowned. I'll have to replay to make sure.

Quote:

4 - Which reminds me ... the scene where he bolts out of the decompression chamber and back into HIMMEL/LeMU was really ridiculous. 12.5 atm to 1 atm, and you're telling me his head didn't explode? Yeah right.
That one is easy to answer. CURE! Apparently the virus somehow makes immediate adjustments for pressure, such that Tsugumi never needed to be in any chamber to get adjusted for transitions to places of greater or lower pressure. There's some head throbbing but ultimately recovery is quite rapid. Tsugumi had kissed Takeshi by that time AND given him her antibodies, so the Cure was more developed in Takeshi than the other characters. He was only able to survive that because of Cure, and is also likely the reason for why he didn't explode when leaving Tsugumi's sub.

Quote:
Anyway ... score one for the Tal-man! Without using any online aides or anything ... without doing anything but playing the game by myself and then reporting my thoughts and feelings here at UPN ... I am 2 for 2 for Good Ends and 0 for 2 for Bad Ends. w007 w007! And one of those good ends is the notoriously difficult Tsugumi!
Now play Sara's Path. I do not think you are in any condition to play any other right now.
Quote:
... okay, so maybe I did have a little help from my two friends here. Take a bow, gentlemen!
orz

Quote:
Question 1: what is the terabyte disc found in Pipi's mouth? (Rhetorical question; I don't want an actual answer! @_@) I mean ... somebody had to stuff that in there and put him under the table. O_o;
Mum's the word.

Quote:

Question 2: Why did Pipi die? I mean ... we saw him being immune to Tief Blau the entire time. Coco loves her dog Pipi, so I can't imagine her willingly leaving the station without it. Sort of makes you wonder if the "rescue squad" that came to save everybody really did save them or not. After all ... we didn't technically get to hear Yuu's, Kid's, or Coco's voices. Just the military dude. For all we know, they may have gassed them and killed Pipi for safe measure.

Could dogs adjust that well to such sudden changes in pressure, even with treatment? I'd imagine animals to be more sensitive than humans.

Quote:

Question 3: Seeing as Takeshi and Tsugumi assumed Pipi was dead ... why did they bring him along? O_o Did they simply not want to abandon him to LeMU? Or did they think that maybe -- maybe -- he wasn't dead after all?

Uh, well, I'd imagine Coco would cry her heart out when she got to the surface that her dog had been left to die deep underwater. Both Takeshi and Tsugumi have a soft-spot for Coco, so...they wouldn't want to cause her grief.

Quote:

Question 4: Is it a coincidence or not that Coco's father's initials were "T.Y.", i.e. Tanaka Yukie, the same name as Yuu's mother? Or [Tanaka?] Yoichiro, the same initials as her father? Makes you wonder ... is Coco's dad on the Takeshi path also Yuu's dad from the Kid path? Did he slipstream or something?
It's a coincidence. The researcher is not who he appears to be, though.

Quote:

Observation 1: Kid's dream on the Kid path about the capsule with the black ooze pouring from it was the same place as IML's lab! :o
Well done!

Quote:

Observation 2: and the hallway he saw in his dream on the Kid path is the same hallway we walk down in IML!

Again, good find. Hence why I was scared of Himmel/pissed off at Coco in Kid's Path - she was, to quote myself, "beckoning my character to his death".
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-08-2007, 12:13 AM   #120
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Awww.....Suigin's already done? God damnit! I was hoping that I would finish first, but nooooooo I have a stupid job now to keep me from constant entertainment.

Anyway, I am about to finish day three, and Sora explained something to me that is well....himitsu *winks*(is that how I spell it?). Oh, Suigin, did Tsugumi get injured in your game? I was wondering, because I am still not sure whos path I am on. It's difficult to tell, since I am being thrown into both Sora and Tsugumi scenes.

EDIT: N/M. I am pretty sure that I am on Sora's. I just got through with a deep conversation with her about what love means.

One more question. Is it good to always know the answer to a problem? Like if they ask if you know something, is it always good to say "Yes I know."? Just curious.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:37 AM   #121
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

BBB AVOID WHAT TALON SAYS AT ALL COSTS, YOU ARE IN GRAVE DANGER.

In any matter, Tsugumi is injured regardless of whose path one is on.

BBB - usually, it is always better to look smarter than dumber, but I ask you answer truthfully whenever you can.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #122
Talon87
時の彼方へ

In response to Doppel about pressurization:
Doppel, your answer to Q4 is not satisfactory (yet?). IIRC, the first (and only) time Takeshi and Tsugumi finally kiss and make love is on Day 7, after Takeshi has fetched her from the surface, said goodbye to Sora one last time, and gone back down below to IML. It is for certain (having just done it) during that scene where he says he's hungry and says ... "it's you, Tsugumi! You smell good!", bites her finger, and then sucks on it. Tsugumi then comments, "omg, it's bleeding!" and Takeshi's coyly like, "Oh, is it? ;)" and, for no good reason, she doesn't freak out at all. You'd think she'd have freaked massively.

Also, I dunno what you know about separating out antibodies from blood serum, but ... I've done it in college labs. It can be done, and you can (quite easily) separate the antibodies against Tief Blau from the Cure virus. Very, very easily. So unless Yuu screwed up (which there is no canonical reason for me to believe yet, if ever), then we must assume that Takeshi lacks the Cure. The reason he got better is because of the antibodies against TB, not because he got Cured.

Currently on Sara's path Day 3. Basically clicking the Enter key like crazy. I started from Day 1 so I could negatively reply to Yuu and Sora while positively replying to Sara. So far, I've gotten Sara to sing my finger a lullaby , and I know Kick the Can can't be too far off.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #123
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Doppel, your answer to Q4 is not satisfactory (yet?). IIRC, the first (and only) time Takeshi and Tsugumi finally kiss and make love is on Day 7, after Takeshi has fetched her from the surface, said goodbye to Sora one last time, and gone back down below to IML. It is for certain (having just done it) during that scene where he says he's hungry and says ... "it's you, Tsugumi! You smell good!", bites her finger, and then sucks on it. Tsugumi then comments, "omg, it's bleeding!" and Takeshi's coyly like, "Oh, is it? ;)" and, for no good reason, she doesn't freak out at all. You'd think she'd have freaked massively.
In Tsugumi's Path -

Takeshi is drenched by her blood following his rescue of her from the store-room, he gets a mouthful of her blood later on, they have sex in both Qualle AND in the IBF, Takeshi gets her antibodies in IBF and he sucks her blood. A lot of the other players have said, "uhh, I don't think Cure can be transferred sexually" because of the obvious implication that Tsugumi would likely have been raped so someone could get the virus. However, I believe like the AIDS virus, a lot of fluid exchange would facilitate the spread of infection.

Quote:

Also, I dunno what you know about separating out antibodies from blood serum, but ... I've done it in college labs. It can be done, and you can (quite easily) separate the antibodies against Tief Blau from the Cure virus. Very, very easily. So unless Yuu screwed up (which there is no canonical reason for me to believe yet, if ever), then we must assume that Takeshi lacks the Cure. The reason he got better is because of the antibodies against TB, not because he got Cured.
No comment.

Quote:

Currently on Sara's path Day 3. Basically clicking the Enter key like crazy. I started from Day 1 so I could negatively reply to Yuu and Sora while positively replying to Sara. So far, I've gotten Sara to sing my finger a lullaby , and I know Kick the Can can't be too far off.
Ahh, you're on Sara's Path. That's good...I'd be shocked if you went after the Bad End following what you just went through.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-08-2007, 01:08 AM   #124
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Okay, you've reminded/convinced me about [you know what] getting into [you know where] before Day 7, *BUT* you haven't convinced me that _u_e developed so suddenly. Why? Because, Tsugumi herself said it -- it takes 5 years for every cell to become affected, so ... a person in _______'s position should still have been in serious trouble after decompressioning so suddenly. Instead of 5 years, they only had 5 days. (worded vaguely enough to avoid our annoying pseudo-spoiler tag)
Old 08-08-2007, 01:21 AM   #125
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Okay, you've reminded/convinced me about [you know what] getting into [you know where] before Day 7, *BUT* you haven't convinced me that _u_e developed so suddenly. Why? Because, Tsugumi herself said it -- it takes 5 years for every cell to become affected, so ... a person in _______'s position should still have been in serious trouble after decompressioning so suddenly. Instead of 5 years, they only had 5 days. (worded vaguely enough to avoid our annoying pseudo-spoiler tag)
I want to say what I know but cannot. All I will say is, I believe there is a detailled explanation of "it" in Coco's Path.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime