• biggggg5, Fraxure: 500 HP
  • GeminiSpark, Stonjourner: 500 HP
  • Missingno. Master, Unfezant: 500 HP
  • Connor, Klefki: 500 HP
  • Emi, Bagon: 500 HP
  • Zorchic, Mimikyu: 500 HP
  • CrazyCreeperKid, Stonjourner: 500 HP
  • blu3shift, Shadow Xatu: 500 HP

With the shadows growing darker and the menacing aura ahead growing heavier still, the two raider groups join together to push forward towards what is sure to be a devastatingly terrible foe. Sure enough, they are met with the flapping wings of a Gigantamax Butterfree, the shadowy aura around the bug twisting the air itself. Slowly beating its massive wings, the Boss stares down its foes, ready for a fight.

Dynamax Initiative: blu3shift, Shadow Xatu.
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Friday, October 22nd to place your order.
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:17 PM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Channel 110 news van screeched to a halt as the tremendous form of their next adversary came into view. Diana and Marv were quick to exit the vehicle, and urge anyone who had come along for the ride to do so as well. Marv was quick to prepare his camera, with Steakknife still standing on his shoulder (remember, he was still a Ralts back then). Bright, fluttering overhead, made expert use of Tail Glow to get the lighting perfect, while Sweet fluttered by his side, looking up worryingly at the big bad bug before them all. Only DJ Skweekz remained in the van, the little Dedenne standing on the dashboard, looking out the windshield. "Dededenne," he murmured.

Bright looked down at his Trainer. "Bebeat! Bebeat!" he called, giving a nod.

Marv nodded back, adjusting his hold on the camera. "All right, we're all set here," Marv stated at last, his camera rolling, focused on Diana, while getting the massive opponent in the shot as well. After a few seconds, he gave Diana the thumbs up.

"We have reached the site of our third battle," Diana spoke into the microphone she held, looking into the camera, maintaining an unflappable professional demeanor. "As you can see behind me, our opponent this time is a Gigantamaxed Shadow Butterfree. We do not anticipate this battle to be easy in the slightest, and yet..." she added, clutching the Poké Ball in her hand, "...we like our chances. Reporting for Channel 110 news, I'm Diana Macks." And with that, she wheeled around and joined the others as they marched up towards the massive Butterfree. "All right, Unfezant!" Diana exclaimed as she threw the ball. "Go!"

In a flash of light, the terrifying sight of the Shadow Unfezant materialized. "Uuuunfeeeeez!" Unfezant screeched unpleasantly, glaring up at the big Butterfree. "Uuuuun," she growled.

Diana has never worked with a Shadow Pokémon before, has she? Steakknife's voice sounded in Marv's head.

She has not, confirmed Marv through his thoughts, which he knew the Ralts could read, as he continued filming. And I have my misgivings. But she is not incapable. I have faith in her.

I will trust your faith to not be misplaced, the Ralts responded simply.

The time was right, and DJ Skweekz knew it. Seeing that the battle was imminent, the tiny Pikaclone sent an Eerie Impuse into the van's radio, causing it to blare a tune oddly fitting for a penultimate battle such as this.

Diana took a deep breath and exhaled. She could do this. A powerful Rock-type move, with a higher than average chance of striking a weak spot for a critical hit, said chance made all the higher by the user's innate Super Luck, further powered up by the unique powers of the pair of Stonjourner, a species known to exhibit a strange and wondrous power when teaming up with others at a Power Spot such as this? This was surely going to go their way. "Unfezant! Stone Edge!" she commanded.

OOC: Unfezant used Stone Edge (100 BP; high crit chance; user has Super Luck; user is also holding a Rocky Helmet, for whatever that's worth; two different ally Stonjourner have Power Spot)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-21-2021 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:26 PM   #3
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Stone Edge(100BP)

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:57 AM   #4
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Mimikyu, let's Copycat (0 BP) the Farfetch'd's Stone Edge (100 BP, high critical hit rate)! Mimikyu's Disguise is intact.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:29 AM   #5
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

joining in on the rock type fun with Rock Slide (75 BP)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 11:28 AM   #6
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Yeah okay the priority is murder death kill

Rock Slide (75 BP, Sheer Force, Power Spot x 2)
Old 10-19-2021, 03:42 PM   #7
Connor
Flashbacker

Mystical Fire (75 BP, Power Spot x2)
Old 10-19-2021, 10:45 PM   #8
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

We will be using Mimic to copy the Farfetch’d’s previously used Stone edge for future use.

Last edited by biggggg5; 10-19-2021 at 10:55 PM.
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:55 AM   #9
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Whoa...that is one big bug. What even is it?

Butterfree, the Butterfly Pokemon, and the final evolved form of Caterpie. Its Gigantamax form has absorbed special energy and crystallized it on its wings, making its scales even more toxic than a normal Dynamaxed Butterfree. These scales are shed while its opponents are trapped in a cyclone of its creation in its signature move, G-Max Befuddle.

Wow, that's a Gigantamaxed Pokemon too! We're gonna have our work cut out for us, but luckily we have my Stonjourner friend with me! Stonjourner, open up with a good Rock Slide (75 BP), and we'll work from there!

Other Pokemon Discovered:

Unfezant, the Proud Pokemon. Unfezant are distinguished clearly between males and females. Females lack the plumage on their faces, but are known to have more stamina and better maneuverability in the air than the males, who are known more for their speed. Females are also more difficult to adjust to captivity and are recommended to be raised from an earlier evolution stage.

Klefki, the Key Ring Pokemon. These Pokemon hoard keys vigorously and are used by banks and businesses to keep keys to their safes or vaults secure. Klefki can then ward off robbers by jingling their keys and spooking them away. Some Klefki have been reported stealing keys from residential places, and they tend to be promptly captured soon after. Klefki are now more commonly seen in captivity due to how often they prefer living near humans instead of in the wild. However, there are still wild Klefki that live in the mountains, absorbing various metal ions using the horn on their head.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 10-28-2021 at 03:03 AM.
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:35 PM   #10
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

"...Look, just, uh... don't kill me or something. Please."

The Xatu had replaced the Pawniard that Elijah was in charge of earlier while they were moving down the path. He hadn't noticed then, but as the group that he was traveling with converged with yet another one, the lack of a certain rebel without a cause became very apparent to him. Not that he totally minded, seeing as he was still kind of wounded from its retaliation against his attempt to command it.

Of all of the trainers in the other group, a couple stood out to him: driving a news van, blaring some music... hey, was he on TV? He'd never thought that he'd be on TV before. Especially when he was all beat up and tired trying to fight other Pokémon...

Uh-oh, Elijah thought, silently hoping for the sake of his training career that this wasn't being broadcast internationally. He was doing this on the down-low for a reason.

So, anyway, here came the next challenger: a gigantic butterfly of all things. He was kind of used to it by now, but Elijah couldn't help but think about the irony here; a Bug type the size of a building. This wasn't your average... wait, hadn't he seen one of these before?

"Wait, I think I know this one," he told Epoch, who had been right behind him the entire time. "That's a... uh... Beautif—I mean Butterfree. Yeah, see, that's what my Pokédex says. I think someone had one in, like, eleventh grade or something. They kept showing it off because they said that they were rare. I don't think it had green wings, tho—what the..."

He was too wrapped up in recalling what Pokémon he was facing that he hadn't noticed that the Xatu that was following him was intensely glaring down the gigantic Butterfree in the distance. And then he was so wrapped up in that that he was a little taken aback when it gave him the same look.

...Yeah, this really was one of those days.

---

using Future Sight (120BP) on the butterfree (and myself? hmmm i wonder why)
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:19 PM   #11
Sneaze
Mrow?

Psychic (90 BP)

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:04 PM   #12
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Gigantamax Boss Shadow Butterfree
★★★★★

Health Gauge: 77%
Shields Up: 0
Status: +1 Atk, + 1 Def, + 1 Special Attack, +2 Special Defense, +2 Speed
KOs: 2

Raid Boss Attack Summary:
Attack 1: Quiver Dance (0 BP)
  • Gigantamax Butterfree's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed has rose!

Attack 2: Silver Wind (60 BP)
  • Danny, Stonjourner: 392 HP
  • Zorchic, Mimikyu: (Disguise Broken) 437 HP
Gigantamax Butterfree's Stats have rose!
Attack 2: Hurricane (110 BP)
  • Big5, Fraxure: 203 HP
  • Zorchic, Mimikyu: 140 HP
    Fraxure is confused!
[/indent]
Attack 2: G-Max Befuddle (130 BP)
  • Sniz, Slowking: 0 HP [KO'd, fully recovers in one round)
  • MM, Unfezant: 0 HP [KO'd, fully recovers in one round)
Farfeetch'd has been poisoned!
Klefki fell asleep!
Danny's Stonjourner has been poisoned![/indent]

Raid Challengers:
  • Sneaze, Slowking: 0 HP [KO'd, fully recovers in one round)
  • sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat, Farfetch'd: 437 HP (Poisoned)
  • biggggg5, Fraxure: 203 HP (Confused; Mimic: Stone Edge)
  • GeminiSpark, Stonjourner: 500 HP
  • MM, Unfezant: 0 HP [KO'd, fully recovers in one round)
  • Connor, Klefki: 500 HP (Asleep)
  • Emi, Bagon: 500 HP
  • Zorchic, Mimikyu: 140 HP (Disguise Broken)
  • CrazyCreeperKid, Stonjourner: 329 HP (Poisoned)
  • blu3shift, Shadow Xatu: 500 HP

The raiders, seeing a giant flying bug, do what any trainer would do best: throw rocks. And man does this work! They throw rocks at it, and it does a metric ton of damage! Yet not enoguh to get it to shields. Big sad. The Giant Butterfly of death decides to dance gracefully, before then moving onto a Silver Wind. It gets luck and gets a very nice boost! It then whips up storm winds, before sending out befuddling magic, that of which knocks out its foes. Fun.

Dynamax Initiative: GeminiSpark, Stonjourner
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until August 11th, 2022 to place your order.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 12:10 AM   #13
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Orders were given. Diana and Marv, Sweet and Bright, Steakknife and DJ Skweekz, they could all do nothing now but look on and wait to see what would happen. And so that's just what they did. Unfezant, thankfully, heeded Diana's command and was among the many Pokémon to pelt the Gigantamaxed Butterfree with a Rock move. However, this didn't seem to do nearly as much to it as they had all been hoping, with the menacing winged behemoth still going strong. And stronger still, it seemed to intend, if its opening move was anything to go by; Butterfree had started off with a Quiver Dance, bolstering its Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed all at once. That in and of itself didn't exactly bode well, but what came next boded even less well; a gale-force Silver Wind, hitting one of the Stonjourner and breaking through the Mimikyu's Disguise. In the process, it even seemed to power Butterfree up all the more, an effect absolutely nobody present was pleased to see. Then came the Hurricane, targeting that same Mimikyu, as well as a hapless Fraxure who became confused as a result. And then finally came the big one; G-Max Befuddle, the signature G-Max Move of Gigantamax Butterfree. It hit the Normal Form Slowking and knocked it clean out in one hit- that much wasn't terribly surprising.

What Diana found surprising was that the exact same fate befell her Shadow Unfezant.

"Unfezant!" Diana gasped.

"Bebeeaat..." Bright murmured in stunned shock.

"Illumiiii," concurred Sweet.

Diana held out her Poké Ball. "Return, Unfezant!" she declared, withdrawing the unconscious Shadow Pokémon. Right away, Dynamax Energy began to swirl around the ball, working its maddeningly gradual restorative magic. Diana then turned to the camera. "The first round of battle has not gone especially well," Diana stated, keeping her tone even and professional. "Butterfree has powered up, not only through use of Quiver Dance, but also by a stroke of luck through its Silver Wind move. This has powered it up to the extent where its signature G-Max Befuddle was able to one-hit KO my Shadow Unfezant in direct spite of basic type matchups. To say the situation looks dire would be a gross understatement, but rest assured, we will continue to forge ahead and report on this for as long as we are capable of doing so. Reporting for Channel 110 news, I'm Diana Macks."

"Aaaand, cut," Marv stated. "Diana, this... this is crazy," he murmured. "That thing just one-shot a Flying-type with a Bug move."

"It's very crazy," concurred Diana. "But that's all the more reason the people of Fizzytopia need to know what happens here, Marv. I can't back out now."

"Dededenne!" DJ Skweekz chimed in, in obvious approval of his Trainer's words.

I likewise find Diana's spirit admirable, came Steakknife's voice in both humans' heads. In the meantime, Diana, you can use some of that Dynamax Energy to aid the others.

"Ah, yes," Diana nodded. She looked around, her eyes eventually falling on the Mimikyu. Making up her mind on the spot, she took aim with her Dynamax Band, treating it like some manner of Buzz Lightyear-esque wrist-mounted laser, and fired a bundled beam of Dynamax Energy from the Wishing Star, energy that would serve to heal the Mimikyu up very nicely indeed.

OOC: Cheering to heal Zorchic's rental Mimikyu.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 02-21-2023 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:22 AM   #14
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Rock Slide (75 BP)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:38 AM   #15
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Sparkly Swirl (90 BP, boosted by held Fairy Dust) to get rid of the status on our teammates right now. This should work even if it hits a shield.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:16 AM   #16
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Stone Edge(100BP), Equipped with Eviolite

Last edited by biggggg5; 08-12-2022 at 10:31 AM.
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:32 PM   #17
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Stone Edge(100BP)

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 03:54 AM   #18
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Okay, no idea how to pose for this, Stonjourner, but let's Dynamax so you can use Max Rockfall (Rock Slide, 130 BP)!

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:38 AM   #19
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Mystical Fire (75 BP, Power Spot x2)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League