UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Victini GRIMBOLT: A Game from Blaze

Hello there. I know we are all waiting on the climatic release of UPN: The Regamening. But, in the meantime, would we not want something to do? We could ref, yes, we could update, yes, we could debate would unownmew...well, maybe not that. But, we should have something fun to do, should we not!

GRIMBOLT

I have been making Grimbolt for a little while now, and, I am happy to admit that I am very close to finishing a demo for you guys to play. The demo will comprise of two chapters of the story. There is not much plot development, but, it should give you a good idea on what the game is going to be like and the difficulty level of the game.

All the demo needs is a little bit more of text, and it will be done for you! That is right, just for you!

Spoiler: show

Here are some of the things you can expect to see in the demo, as well as in the finished game.

-A somewhat complex storyline that contains eight playable characters, three of the them being secret characters.
-A rigorous difficulty curve that will push you to your limit. Trust me, even in the demo, hitting attack is not going to win you every battle.
-Three bosses, each with their own surprises in store for you!(Demo)
-Treasure decisions: You will have a choice between two treasure chests, choose wisely....
-Time travel: Travel through time as you hunt an evil king before he takes ultimate power and threatens to rule the world in all times
-Time Decisions: Some chests have counterparts in other times. Opening one chest in the past may alter its contents in the future...

The demo itself focuses on Grimbolt, a former slum gang member with a penchant for guns. His son was taken away by the king, and he goes to try and break him free. e gets caught, however, and is sent to prison for treason...to be executed. He escapes the prison to be contacted by a mysterious woman, who tells him he is chosen to save here, before being transported to a desert island. He enters the castle and climbs to the secret floor, where he meets Artexerxes, a mechanic from the future who is here to release a time machine from a monster's grip...starting the storyline...

Demo coming soon!

And no sass from any of you. I am not Kuno, I don't know my way around script. :P
Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via AIM to XanderKetsu Send a message via Skype™ to XanderKetsu
Looks a bit like Dragon Quest I see. Looking forward to it.

DAMMIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Or...do you?
XanderKetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Looks like it's a mix of FF6 and FF7. And what program are you using? RPGVX or RPGVX Ace? Can't wait to play this. I am also planning on making a game too...
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #4
Emi

It is RPG Maker VX.

I have the demo done but my lack of knowledge of file sharing sites is kicking me in the arse right now.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:23 AM   #5
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
try mediafire? or 4shared?
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #6
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Or, since it's just the beta, you could email it to people I think. Or do a skype file transfer?
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #7
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
Or, since it's just the beta, you could email it to people I think. Or do a skype file transfer?
Yeah, I could do that. If interested parties would PM me their address, that would be fine.

Or, you could email me. [email protected]
Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
Emi

Actually, I finally had a good enough connection to get this one MediaFire, so,

Here is the link for the demo.

Enjoy guys!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Finished it! Died a couple of times because I don't heal when I'm supposed to haha~

Although, most of that could have been solved had you not put the only place where you can heal everything cheaply in the beginning of the game xfd; I only went back once because it took so long to get there after I got far enough!

And one reason why it took so long was because of that up and down pathway made of bricks that's just ANNOYING LONG and thank goodness I found out you can run with the shift key or else I might've just stopped playing right there!

HELLO AGAIN, RANDOM ENCOUNTERS. The combat's okay though! I love one-shotting guards (*shakes fist at the ones who raise their defenses*) with the fire spell xd And hooray for double hitting attack! Only battled the fish guys in the dessert because I just wanted to speed through that area and those ghosty enemies killed me once before >_>

Argh, I hate those blood skeletons! The inescapable two that you find just before those two treasure chests killed me once because I went in with not enough magic x_x I wonder what's in the chest that couldn't be opened though :u

Ohman, the Minotaur was a piece of easy, easy cake. ICE SHOT ICE SHOT AUTO CROSSBOW BAM HE'S JUST OUR DINNER NOW

Overall I liked the game Blaze :> The walking people and guards look like they're robots with those single steps though haha~

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
Emi

I'm surprised that the Minotaur did not use Battle roar + Gore. He did that SO many times on me lol.

And I can tell you if you tell me what chest you picked.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
Emi

Wow it has been a while hasn't it. Whew......

Anyways, I sort of forgot about this because I couldn't find RPG Maker. Then I found it a while ago and BAM!

Chapter 3 is done. New character which is a god-send for the duo.

Chapter 4 is being worked on now. Working on the three towns that are in the chapter(the first "world map" chapter), as well as working the few little sidequests that are in it, one involving a pet named Violet and another involving a cherry blossom......

Oh, and new character too.

If those of you who played the demo want to see the next two chapters, I would be happy to PM you the link once I am done with it.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:07 AM   #12
Emi

Another self-bump after a long period of time, but it is worthy.

I upgraded to RPG Maker VX Ace...and had to redo the entire project. Oh well, it shouldn't take to long. Finished the first couple of chapters in 2 days.

NOTE: This game is (hopefully) without bugs. If you find any, please contact me.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z1...Fixed_Demo.exe

Also, post your thoughts please. It would make me very happy if you were to do so.

EDIT: Also you can't get any farther than the Nexus in the demo. Just saying.

Last edited by Emi; 07-10-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:51 AM   #13
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Been playtesting this, far prefer the new version to the old- it seems a lot more 'lifelike' overall, and the world really seems to come alive.

Also it's a lot more explicit about you getting to the island, so there's no confusion of thinking that you flew or walked there or something. Actually, I could go on for a while about how many potential misunderstandings where cleared up, but that would take a lot of time. Also there are a lot of great game balance changes, like the Elemental Bullets and the FAKs (Which you still have to fix the text for, Blaze), and at least one of the bosses comes across as an actual boss in terms of raw difficulty while the other two require distinct strategics to beat.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #14
Emi

So, when I got my new computer, I gave my old laptop back to my grandmother, with the intention of transferring my old files as soon as possible. Unfortunately I didn't get around to it, and now my old laptop for the second time in its life is suffering a critical existence failure. For some reason, and some of you may remember this happened once before, my laptop is saying that the version of Windows Vista that my computer has is fake. Now...this came installed with the laptop. This is the original version folks. Nobody added another version or uninstalled or anything.

Now for the problem. ALL THE FILES. THEY'ZE ARE GONS. So I have to restart everything from the new computer. Which means that version 0.3 is coming. If I can be arsed, new stuff is coming too.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc