lawl gonna suggest a topic of this forum

Weavile (F) @ Choice Band ** Coolio
Trait: Pressure
Jolly Nature (+Spd, - SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Great Starter. Takes many of the more common starters like a man and can kill so much. Pursuit over Night Slash for the Gengar/Azelf kills.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers ** Lsut
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, - Atk)
- Softboiled
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Bah.

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers ** Rod
Trait: Intimidate
Adamant Nature (+Atk, - SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall

Got a huge upgrade. Draws electric attacks for the beast.

Electivire (F) @ Expert Belt ** Sweep
Trait: Motor Drive
Lonely Nature (+Atk, - Def)
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake

Takes the electric hits and bam. 6-0'd.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers ** Metal
Trait: Sturdy
Impish Nature (+Def, - SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost

Basic physical wall. does his job well.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers ** dead
Trait: Torrent
Relaxed Nature (+Def, - Spd)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Might go stone edge. takes everything skarm can't.

Meh, biggest threat is probably a heracross. it can 2hko skarm and ohko weavile, so meh. but i think its sturdy.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:13 AM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: lawl gonna suggest a topic of this forum

Out of curiousity ... I fought a guy the other day (via the Battle Tower's WiFi thing) and he had a Weavile w/ Night Slash up against my Starmie.

Turn 1a: Starmie uses Surf. Weavile down to 40% health.
Turn 1b: Weavile uses Night Slash. Starmie down to 20% health.
Turn 2a: Starmie uses Surf. Weavile gone.

Now granted, said team wasn't as sexy as yours, and with Weavile out of the picture, sweeping the rest was a piece of cake for Starmie. But I'm curious as to why you're so confident in choosing Pursuit over Night Slash. Gengar and Azelf don't really have to be too afraid of you. Sure, they figure you're a Dark Type with Night Slash, but what have they got to lose? And if they get ballsy like that ... suicidal, even ... then you're screwed. The jig's up. You use Pursuit on 'em falsely, they deal you a massive Thunderbolt or (worse) Flamethrower, and you're sunk. Don't you sort of need Night Slash to give your Weavile the real bite to back up his bark? Or are you that confident that 9 out of 10 Gengars will run from the sight of a Weavile rather than face him down like a Poké-man? (See what I did there? ;))

Other than that, looks fantastic. I would be afraid to fight this team in the hands of any trainer. I would be especially afraid to fight it in your hands. Good thing I don't use electric types often. *afraid of Electivire*
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:13 AM   #3

Max SAtk Starmie's Surf vs. 291 HP/206 SDef Weavile 59 - 69%
Max SAtk Spec'd Starmie's Surf vs. 291/206 SDef Weavile 84 - 99%

Max Atk Weavile's Pursuit vs Min HP/Min Def Starmie 63 - 74%
Max Atk Weavile's Pursuit vs Switching Min HP/Min Def Starmie 126 - 148%
Max Atk CBWeavile's Pursuit vs Min HP/Min Def Starmie 97 - 114%
Max Atk CBWeavile's Pursuit vs Switching Min HP/Min Def Starmie 194 - 228%

You see, my Weavile will live against the worst of Starmie's onslaught and its faster. Plus, I have Blissey to take care of Starmie's.

I'm too lazy to do more calculations, but I'm positive it can live one of Azelf's flamethrowers and 2hko with Pursuit. Gengar and Alakazam have weaker defenses than Starmie, so they will do much worse. :/

Bah, i might have done some mess ups, but oh well. you get the picture.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #4
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Weavile easily outraces Starmie with 125 Base Speed vs. Starmie's 115 Base Speed. Especially Jolly. CB makes it a monster. I was thinking of running one myself.

I don't know your EVs, but you need like 40ish EVs into HP to survive Azelf's Flamethrower from what I was told, but that was 100% guaranteed. This is usually taken out of Speed since you still get like 373 Speed, which outraces Timid Alakazam.

I was told Punishment Weavile can super kill tanks like Slowbro and Suicune and does some nice damage on an Azelf after scheming, so think aboout it. I don't know the exact calculation of Punishment, but it's pretty brutal with 200 Power on a 6 CMs or 150 on 3 Nasty Plots.

Gyarados with Stone Edge over Waterfall deals with opposing Gyarados better. It also gives type coverage of everything iirc. Still does good though with STAB Waterfall. I guess it comes down to preference. I don't know how good Gyarados is without Taunt, but I assume it's doable. As always, look out for Will-O-Wisp, Haze, Roar, etc. Skarmory can easily block this though.

And Electrive + Gyarados is such a common combo now. Seems like I'll need to work on how to counter it xd.

Skarmory should equip Shed Skin or Shed Shell or whatever it's called. Magnezone fries Skarmory easily. The other option is to use Substitute over Roost, but lots of people keep saying Roost + Shed Shell is better. It comes down to preference I suppose.

Your main opponent is likely anything with Choice Scarf. Gyarados gets outraced even after one DD and there's no guarantee of an electric attack hitting Electrive. CScross and CSchomp are pretty scary foes to deal with. Some people were suggesting Ice Shard on Weavile, which can OHKO a Garchomp or Salamence (even after Intimidation) with a CB, but it doesn't go as well against weak Pokemon as Ice Punch does. Technically, you could put Flamethrower on Blissey for Heracross on the switch. lol.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #5

Punishment's pros seem to be a bit more situational than Pursuit's, but it is worth a thought. I am quite worried about CScross and CSchomp, but with correct placements of Spikes and Stealth Rock, I can hopefully limit switches.

I was thinking of Tauntdos, but that is really common. Many people expect it, so I might get an easier time setting up.

Shed Skin seems great. Will have to use.

I'm starting to think a much more defensive team would be good to use. Bah.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 PM   #6
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Yeah, I kept getting told this Gen was super offensive with all the new Choice Stuff and Expert Belt and shit. It just kept making me think, "Then I should play more defensively right?"

I was really defensive in 3rd Gen, so I didn't really want to switch to super offensive all of a sudden.

And for no reason, I would like to say: Dusknoir is a sexy beast.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #7

I was never really fond of Dusclops and Dusknoir is pretty much the same with a small boost in defenses and a huge boost in offense. I'd rather just use Cressy for a new wall. Owns Specsmence.

I am wanting to place a CSchomp over Electivire, Magnezone over Skarm and Cresselia over Swampert. This way I can clear opposing skarms, have a easy late game sweeper and handle Specsmence and CScross a bit easier.

this way I can probably just go tauntdos.

Probably what I love best about the ground type is that they are immune to Twave. So sexy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team