UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 06-13-2007, 05:03 AM   #1
Arnold
Just call me sir

How Do ah rate Team??

Got a Team of four at the minute, as you can see below not sure what to use for five and six >>

Drifblim @ Liechi berry/Salac Berry
Unburden
(Timid Nature 252 Speed, 252 Spec Attack, 6 Spec Defense)
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass
Calm Mind
Substitute

Never used a baton passer so this is my first time using one and I love Drifblim and wanted to use him. Stat up and pass on to anyone that neds the stat in batle.

Bronzong @ Lefties/Life Orb
Levitate
Relaxed 252 HP, 129 Defence, 129 Attack
Psychic
Reflect
Hypnosis
Gyro Ball

Miltank @ Leftovers
Scrappy
Adament (252 Attack, 252 Defence, 6 Speed)
Heal Bell
Body Slam
Milk Drink
Sesmic toss/ice Beam (ST Because of Scrappy and being able to use it on Ghosties)

Slowbro @ ???
Own Tempo
Quiet (252 Spec Attack, 252 Spec Defence, 6 Defence)
Psychic
Surf
Slack Off
Thunder Wave

Was thinking of using him mainly when Drifblim Baton Passes with full Calm mind his Psychic and Ice beams would be awsome, thunder wave jsut to say he can go first when they're paralysed.

Thats four, just not sure what to use for slots five and six, i've bred a Houndour to test out jsut need to think up a move set (Timid nature) also transferred over my Lotad, Snorunt and Seviper From Sapphire that I was gonig to train up (Modest Lotad, Mild Snorunt and Brave seviper which has some pretty nice stats on him for a level 5), thinknig of Porygon Z as well but I dunno, I've got plenty of choices it's jsut findingo ut which one to bloody use in my team ;-;
Old 06-17-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Re: How Do ah rate Team??

Sorry, meant to post something last Thursday but got sidetracked.

Quote:
Unburden
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass
Calm Mind
Substitute
I personally think investing into HP makes Drifblim a bit more useful. Having higher HP Subs is more useful then a slightly stronger Shadow Ball, especially since Shadow Ball isn't really going to do much. Ominous Wind is worth consideration as the 10% chance of adding to all stats is pretty cool for a Baton Passer. Also, the Unburden speed bonus cannot be Baton Passed.

Quote:
Levitate
Psychic
Reflect
Hypnosis
Gyro Ball
Life Orb on a defensive Pokemon that doesn't have a recovery move isn't a good idea. Life Orb should be on someone with very good offensive capabilities, which Bronzong doesn't really have. Psychic isn't exactly amazing and many suggest using Earthquake for Fire Types, but there's no guarantees.

Quote:
Miltank @ Leftovers
Scrappy
Adament (252 Attack, 252 Defence, 6 Speed)
Heal Bell
Body Slam
Milk Drink
Sesmic toss/ice Beam
Move all that ATK Effort into HP. Miltank is a defensive Pokemon and without HP, it takes serious damage. Also, with Scrappy and Siesmic Toss, you generally don't need ATK Effort. Also, Thunderwave is a bit nicer then Body Slam is on it, both are bad news if they send out Heracross though. Icebeam is really only for Dragons. You could 2HKO them, but you'll need good prediction.

Quote:
Slowbro @ ???
Own Tempo
Quiet (252 Spec Attack, 252 Spec Defence, 6 Defence)
Psychic
Surf
Slack Off
Thunder Wave
Hold Leftovers. It's probably the best 'I don't know what to hold' item to put on a Pokemon. Anyway, while you do have Drifblim, it would probably be better if Slowbro did have it's own Calm Mind. Also, there is a need for HP Effort on Slowbro as well. Slowbro is probably one of the best CMtanks in the game beaten only by Suicune, but less vulnerable to Poliwrath and other Water Absorb Pokemon. You also deal with Hazers better then Suicune thanks to Psychic killing Weezing. Flamethrower might be needed for Empoleon or Skarmory who could PHaze you with Roar/Whirlwind.

Thus far, most of your Pokemon have been slow-tankish/defensive Pokemon. You need a sweeper somewhere. Anything with good offensives and speed will do well.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:56 PM   #3
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
Quote:
Unburden
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass
Calm Mind
Substitute
I personally think investing into HP makes Drifblim a bit more useful. Having higher HP Subs is more useful then a slightly stronger Shadow Ball, especially since Shadow Ball isn't really going to do much.
Don't necessarily agree on the HP thing: the difference when it's all said and done is a sub with an extra 15 HP, and most shit that will destroy the sub with no HP EVs will probably destroy the sub with max HPs anyway.

Quote:
Levitate
Psychic
Reflect
Hypnosis
Gyro Ball
I'd probably replace Psychic with Earthquake to give yourself a way to deal with Magnezone. Probably wouldn't use Life Orb unless you put in a Wish user later, and even then it's iffy.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #4

If driftblim is passing, no point in such high offensive ev investments. Max HP, then give it at least enough evs to reach 270 speed. Put the rest in sp atk, or its defenses. This way, it can sub down to berry in 3 turns, then baton that sucker out with its unburden speed.

For Bronzong, I find Earthquake to be much more reliable than Gyro Ball as an attacking move. Gyroball is a bit situational and Steel is a relatively weak attacking type. Rest should go over a move to heal itself. This is so far your only reliable Specsmence resist and rock resist. it needs to stay healthy to tank those hits. Go Max defense. It won't be killing anything with 89 attack.

If its for a tanking set, Thick Fat might be much more appropriate so it can at least psuedotank those special hits. Ice Punch is a better move than ice beam because with >150 spatk, it won't even be able to ohko Salamence. Dunno if you want this to sweep or tank or support, but you have to choose one or the other. Not many pokemon like being in between. CBtank can catch many people off guard and do loads to unsuspecting kiddies. CBIce Punch, iirc, can ohko Salamence and be really close to an Ohko on Garchomp.

Slobro kinda likes his own calm mind.

dunno how else to help. I'm not too sure what exactly you want to do with each of them, but i kinda see what your trying to do.

But ya, you might need something that can stop Weavile, because right now, it sweeps all four of those pokemon with taking minimum damage.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
Arnold
Just call me sir

Cheers for the tips, I've already EV trained them all up, but I can breed them again to get little ones and get a secondset of them, can't go wrong with 2 diffrent sets of the same Pokes in diffrent EV's but I will get another set of the 4 to compete with the others.

But I'm not realyl sure who to have as a Special Sweeper, I was thinknig of trying a Magmortor but I'm not sure if they SS or not, any suggestions on who to use? Prefreblly no legendaries not a fan of using them when theres a lot of underused or usable pokes avalible that could do the job well enough, my problem is that theres too amny pokes to choose from and I have no clue who to use, I'm chaning my mind all the bloody time.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Sadly Magmortar isn't exactly considered fast. While it is decently diverse with Psychic, T-bolt, and Flamethrower, it isn't as diverse as most would likely want. Also, it lacks any real pumping like Nasty Plot, and being Fire type, it can't really switch in on much easily if you wanted to give it a Choice Specs instead of pumps. If you want to try Magmortar, you will likely need someone who can Baton Pass Speed. You'll also likely need Focus Blast or some other fighting move to get Blissey out of the way, who would otherwise wall you forever.

It's IMO easy to retrain a Pokemon with the berries. If your Pokemon has over 100 EV in the stat, the appropriate berry lowers it to 100, then the ones afterwards lower it 10 each. So the most you would need is 11 berries in a stat to get them back to base zero effort.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 AM   #7
Arnold
Just call me sir

Didn't know about the berries, i'll have to try it out, jsut got to get a set of the EV lowering Berries and plant them to help out, and thanks abotu Magmortor, he is awsome, but as I said I'm looking to breed a few Pokes that I've got my eye on, not sure which are the best Special Sweepers, but i've got my eye on breeding a Porygon Z and I've got a Houndour bred but after that I dunno >>;;
Old 06-19-2007, 11:46 AM   #8
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

The berry master east of Hearthome City can give out a stat lowering berry as his once per day berry.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
Arnold
Just call me sir

How'd you know I'm there o0 Jsut soft resetting if he's not giving me the right one, I need a Hondew, got all the others (1 or 2 but it's good) that i'll plant and grow collect a fair gfew of them to help me ^^
Old 06-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
How'd you know I'm there o0

I'm the Holy Emperor, man.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team