UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 10-14-2016, 11:29 AM   #26
deoxys
Fog Badge

I'm getting kind of annoyed with this.

These episodes are too short and end far too soon and feel empty. This newest episode is BY FAR the biggest offender thus far. The other episodes try to wrap up their point quickly, but the newest episode just ended as they were about to begin a Pokemon battle, and that really annoys me, *especially* because the quality of the animation is so good, it leaves me wanting more.

I'm so sick of Ash, I'm tired of these 'bite-sized experiences' already. I want a full blown series by this animation team, full-on adaptations of each generation. Seeing Team Magma and my bae Courtney go full yandere at the end... WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE A FULL FUCKING SERIES NINTENDO!?
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #27
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE A FULL FUCKING SERIES NINTENDO!?
This, so much this...
Old 10-14-2016, 02:02 PM   #28
Connor
Flashbacker

I can totally understand what you mean by the feeling disappointed bit. I groaned with the latest one when it finished because it built the hype around the battle so well and then just bam.

Gone.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:04 PM   #29
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm guessing they're adamantly opposed to having the player characters actually speak in Generations. Red never said a word, neither did Ethan, and now Brendan's following that trend. Not that he would've needed to say much- one other thing I've noticed is that nobody ever seems to order specific attacks from their Pokémon in this.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:47 PM   #30
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

The player characters are supposed to be proxies for the player so I'm guessing they don't want to dispel that illusion.

biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:59 PM   #31
deoxys
Fog Badge

I get it, but I don't personally care if they break that for the anime. They already did for Pokemon Adventures, and Origins.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #32
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Lots of people talking about the latest episode, Episode 10. The one with Sinnoh's haunted mansion and the green-haired trainer Cheryl.

Seriously, seriously hoping that TPCi is planning to unveil a new, non-Ash anime and they just haven't announced it yet because of any number of reasons. They probably aren't, but man if Generations doesn't tease promise.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:38 AM   #33
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Lots of people talking about the latest episode, Episode 10. The one with Sinnoh's haunted mansion and the green-haired trainer Cheryl.

Seriously, seriously hoping that TPCi is planning to unveil a new, non-Ash anime and they just haven't announced it yet because of any number of reasons. They probably aren't, but man if Generations doesn't tease promise.
That's definitely been the best episode so far. I've found most of them to be fairly lacklustre. A lot of promise in each but they really really suffer from this random 3-5 minute format. The animation is lovely though.

We definitely need a serious spin off in some sense, especially with the way the Sun&Moon animé is shaping up.
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #34
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post

Hey, it's Nyanners.

It's so much fun to help out in the dormitory!

And be a super moe and generic Chansey!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #35
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Spoiler: show
Too bad Cheryl is fucking dead.

That Chansey was horrifying.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #36
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I thought the Chansey was great. Not horrifying at all. I really, really love what they've done with the Pokémon cries in Generations. It's what I'd pray a studio would opt to do if they ever picked up the reins from ShoPro and gave us a video game-faithful anime like many of us have been asking for for years.

With respect to the latest episode (Diamond and Pearl, Mt. Coronet) ...

Spoiler: show
I wasn't a fan! The animation seemed to take a big hit this episode. (Dialga and Palkia looked like trash in most cels. Really surprising seeing as they barely ever moved.) It also existed in a bizarro territory of neither exploring unexplored territory (this scene is 100% in the main games) nor re-exploring explored territory faithfully (the DP protagonist was strangely absent e-n-t-i-r-e-l-y). I also wasn't a big fan of the translation that Cyrus is trying to create a new "galaxy" rather than a new universe, but maybe that's on me and I'm not remembering the specifics of DPPt correctly, or maybe that's on the NA localization and the original Japanese games had him saying he wanted to make a new galaxy within our own universe rather than an entirely new Creation. Finally, wasn't too thrilled with the interpretation that Cyrus simply joins Giratina in Giratina's world and that's it. Perhaps that's the plot of Platinum, I don't know, but the way I always understood it from Diamond and Pearl was that Cyrus does successfully create a new Universe, sort of, but it's Men in Black-style a universe that exists only as a small bubble within our own universe, and before long it vanishes from sight (so we can assume it's infinitesimally small from the POV of our own universe), and within that universe lies an entire, full universe with Cyrus at the helm. So like ... he does get his wish, sort of, in that he does get to try a do-over experiment ... but he doesn't get to erase our world from existence per his original stated goals either. We win, and he kinda sorta wins too but not fully. Whereas in the Generations version, he just flat out loses -- he's stuck with Giratina's realm, which isn't really its own universe so much as it is the antimatter realm of our own universe -- and then decides that he's "won" because he likes the solace in Giratina's world.

I dunno. I just wasn't a fan.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #37
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Regarding the latter point, I don't remember it too clearly, but it seems to be the Platinum one, but without the protag and perhaps more crucially, without the Lake Trio. I recall Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit showing up at this point in both Platinum and DP, but they were nowhere to be seen here...

Anyway, in Pt Cyrus decides to stay in the Distortion World and have that as his place.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News