UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 07-15-2019, 08:17 PM   #751
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- Despite managing to deal some considerably damage to the Gyarados, it seemed to be full of answers and with a powerful Hurricane it had turn Lapras into a sitting Ducklett. In a confused state, there was no way Lapras could tangle with this Gyarados. Thankfully Yanmega knew just what to do. It claws at your bag and you soon realise that it is trying to get at a Lum Berry, so you quickly dig one out for it. As soon as the Yanmega has the berry, it zips down to deposit it in Lapras' mouth. The Ice type feels almost instant relief, her mind clearing quickly. Now it was time to hit the Gyarados with another Freeze Dry!

Yeah, Gyarados isn't about to let that happen. The Gyarados begins to Torment Lapras, preventing her from repeating the same technique that she'd used to cause so much pain. The way Gyarados was able to counter your orders, it was as if it had experience far beyond that of a wild Pokemon. Unable to use Freeze Dry just yet, Lapras instead attempts to Sing a song in hopes of soothing the raging beast. Unfortunately it doesn't take too kindly to the melody and promptly drowns it out with a tremendous Roar! Lapras is scared so much that she retreats down river, dipping under the water in hopes of concealing herself, who could blame her?

With Lapras cowering in fear and the Gyarados showing no signs of stopping, perhaps the only way to stop it is to capture it? You through a Hail Mary, tossing an Ultra Ball at the Water Serpent, but the ball promptly bounces back as soon as it strikes the Gyarados. The ball flashes, what was going on?

"Hey!" A voice booms out from up river, as you turn to face it a woman rushes out of a thicket of trees. "Leave my Gyarados alone!"
Old 07-15-2019, 08:42 PM   #752
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Despite managing to deal some considerably damage to the Gyarados, it seemed to be full of answers and with a powerful Hurricane it had turn Lapras into a sitting Ducklett. In a confused state, there was no way Lapras could tangle with this Gyarados. Thankfully Yanmega knew just what to do. It claws at your bag and you soon realise that it is trying to get at a Lum Berry, so you quickly dig one out for it. As soon as the Yanmega has the berry, it zips down to deposit it in Lapras' mouth. The Ice type feels almost instant relief, her mind clearing quickly. Now it was time to hit the Gyarados with another Freeze Dry!

Yeah, Gyarados isn't about to let that happen. The Gyarados begins to Torment Lapras, preventing her from repeating the same technique that she'd used to cause so much pain. The way Gyarados was able to counter your orders, it was as if it had experience far beyond that of a wild Pokemon. Unable to use Freeze Dry just yet, Lapras instead attempts to Sing a song in hopes of soothing the raging beast. Unfortunately it doesn't take too kindly to the melody and promptly drowns it out with a tremendous Roar! Lapras is scared so much that she retreats down river, dipping under the water in hopes of concealing herself, who could blame her?

With Lapras cowering in fear and the Gyarados showing no signs of stopping, perhaps the only way to stop it is to capture it? You through a Hail Mary, tossing an Ultra Ball at the Water Serpent, but the ball promptly bounces back as soon as it strikes the Gyarados. The ball flashes, what was going on?

"Hey!" A voice booms out from up river, as you turn to face it a woman rushes out of a thicket of trees. "Leave my Gyarados alone!"
Thus far, Willa and Yanmega's plan was going off without a hitch. Yanmega delivered the Lum Berry to Lapras in no time, curing her confusion, but that's where the smooth going stopped. Despite Willa's orders being completely nonverbal, Gyarados was able to guess what Lapras was going to do and stopped it with... Torment? That was an incredibly specific move, not one that one tends to see from a wild Gyarados. Something that could likewise be said for Fire Blast, for that matter. And to top that off, Lapras's attempts at Sing were drowned out by an earsplitting Roar that not only nullified the song but terrified the singer- Lapras fled down the river, descending beneath the water as she did so. "Lapras!" Willa called out. But she couldn't catch her Pokémon's attention. But then, there was very clearly something Willa could catch, now wasn't there? Gyarados had always been a Pokémon she'd sought to train in any case, and there was one right here. Moreover, it was on a rampage, and nothing Willa had with her seemed to have what it took to stop it completely. Well, except Eelektross, she reasoned, but then, there was the matter of not wanting to electrocute literally everything in the river, Lapras included.

No, the time to act had come. With her free hand, Willa flicked a few errant strands of hair out of her face in loving imitation of how her boyfriend always turned his hat backwards, and then hurled the sphere. "Go, Ultra Ball!!" Willa exclaimed.

The ball struck Gyarados, and... bounced right off, not even trying to open! All it did was flash as Willa hastened to retrieve it, and just as she started to piece together the truth, there came a woman rushing out of a thicket of trees to remove all doubt. Of course- this was not a wild Gyarados. This was a Trainer-owned Gyarados, accounting for the immense power, the unusual selection of moves, and the clear and abundant battling expertise.

"So it's not wild, then," Willa said in response. "I should have guessed as much by how well it was battling, and I do apologize," she said to the woman. "I never figured on hooking someone else's Pokémon while fishing, I'd come out here with the intention of catching a Pokémon myself. Then this Gyarados grabbed the line and practically dragged me up the river, and ended up destroying my boyfriend's Fishing Rod, so I figured it was wild." She gave a respectful bow to the woman, and produced another Berry from her bag. "I apologize again," she said, offering the Sitrus Berry to the woman. "This is for Gyarados. I am Willa, by the way- Willa Carnet. And this is Yanmega, and... my Lapras is somewhere in the river," she added, sounding concerned as she looked out at the water, while mentally calling out to Lapras, trying to convince her to resurface, telling her the battle was over.

OOC: Sitrus Berry is #2 of 5.

Quote:
Willa used Ultra Ball!

----

*?!*

----

The Trainer blocked the Ball! Don't be a thief!

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles