Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 12-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #51
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

I CAN USE MY SCANNER AGAIN YAY

Time for an art dump!

Quick sketch of my DR character:

Spoiler: show

Wow I still cannot freaking draw headphones.

KagePro x The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya crossover (spoilers):

"Don't leave me."

Original here.

More KagePro:

Sorry it's smudgy. D8
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #52
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quick scribble for Kido's Birthday. I had it done days ago but was too lazy to scan it. (So it's messy. I already drew her once anyway. =3= *shot*)

Spoilers:

/lazysketch /didn'tbotherwithfoldedskirt+feet

Actually I thought about writing a one-shot instead but got towards the end and went "lolnope what am i doing".

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 12-17-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #53
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Kagerou Phantasm Part 2:

Something is off with Shintaro's shoulder (plus he looks gayfab)... And the shota's arms still look too long. >.< Momo was fun to draw though, and so was Ene, surprisingly. (I thought Konoha would be with his funky outfit but fff expressionless is hard to express.)

Original here.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 01-10-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #54
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Momo's Birthday was yesterday. I wanted to try drawing her in IA's outfit for a while so I decided it was a good opportunity:

Also since someone requested it here are some really old drafts of a Kingdom Hearts doujinshi I wanted to draw where Sora is a girl. (Don't ask.) No words filled in or anything, just a few unfinished panels.

(Sorry the lines are so light here. It's done on a different kind of paper.)

You can tell I tried to emulate Full Moon's style... I even left a sidebar on the first page to put text in. XP
Old 02-18-2014, 12:32 AM   #55
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Well, the results from the Animé Boston AMV Contest prescreening are in, and my video made Drama finalist! Yay~

...Although, I'm actually quite surprised since I was sure my (NOT SO) SUPER-SECRET SECOND ENTRY had a much higher chance of getting in. XP Even though it only took me like two days to make lol. Maybe it's because it was too similar to a previous winner (which I didn't realize also made the reference until it was done) or the fact there were apparently a lot of other entries that used the same series. ^^; Or they just thought the audience wouldn't get it.

Anyway, at least this means I can share it with you all now. 83 Enjoy (for those of you who do get it)!

BORKED

In case you're confused, here's the original trailer it's based off of.

And if you're still confused... Well then go watch Madoka. ;O

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-18-2014 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #56
Talon87
時の彼方へ

So ... is what you shared with us just now the video they rejected which you thought had a much higher chance of getting accepted? Or is it the one that they accepted and has made it to the final round?

I have no idea what possessed you to make an AMV using that movie trailer. But man if it isn't pretty hilariously apt and at the same time not apt for Madoka. Getting the references to both the trailer and the anime series, I enjoyed the video. I'm not sure if it would be as enjoyable to people who don't recognize the MLP movie trailer or who have not seen Madoka.

Nice video. And whether it's the finalist or not, congratulations on making it to the finals.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:11 AM   #57
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
So ... is what you shared with us just now the video they rejected which you thought had a much higher chance of getting accepted? Or is it the one that they accepted and has made it to the final round?

I have no idea what possessed you to make an AMV using that movie trailer. But man if it isn't pretty hilariously apt and at the same time not apt for Madoka. Getting the references to both the trailer and the anime series, I enjoyed the video. I'm not sure if it would be as enjoyable to people who don't recognize the MLP movie trailer or who have not seen Madoka.

Nice video. And whether it's the finalist or not, congratulations on making it to the finals.
This was the one that was rejected, which is why I'm surprised since I specifically made it to be more of the crowd-pleaser. XP I was originally going to submit it as a "Comedy" but then I realized some people might not understand it so I switched to "Other" (which is where most movie trailer parodies seem to go). But I guess even that was a bit of stretch. ^^; Or maybe the prescreeners just got sick of seeing Madoka. *shrug* (P.S. I hear there were a lot of Shingeki no Kyojin vids too. And Fallout Boy.)

Anyway, the idea came about when I was talking to my friend who also makes vids but she's not big on animé anymore. She's a fan of MLP though, so I suggested this crossover idea. I ended up making it myself though since lol there's no way she'll actually watch Madoka since I was bored after finishing my first entry. (I realized afterwards that last year's Comedy winner actually already sorta did the same thing at one point during the video, but mine goes the extra mile. ;P)

And thank you.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-18-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #58
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Congrats on making to the finals! Now everyone can see you work on the big screen!

You should totally push harder for everyone in the 2014 Get Together to go to AB now.

Don't ask me to go though >_>
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #59
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Not gonna lie: I'm curious if your video that made the finals has to do with:
  1. Natsume Yuujinchou
  2. Kagerou Days
  3. an anime we're both watching
  4. an anime you're watching but I'm not watching
My money's on B, and I'd rank all four choices in the order B > A > C = D. I'm honestly surprised though if a Kagerou Days video managed to make it to the finals given its relatively low penetration into the American anime fandom. I guess it probably enjoys a much higher penetration in AMV circles, given its very nature, but still.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #60
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Popularity of a series can help, but as Yuki said, it can also hurt an AMV's chances as well. With the anime series being less known, the AMV can come off as more unique as opposed to the oceans and oceans of Naruto, Madoka, Haruhi, and Attack on Titan junk the judges had to sift through.

In fact, during my con going days, good AMVs based off an anime series I didn't know usually inspired me to find the series. Sometimes it was okay. Sometimes it was bad lol.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #61
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Popularity of a series can help, but as Yuki said, it can also hurt an AMV's chances as well. With the anime series being less known, the AMV can come off as more unique as opposed to the oceans and oceans of Naruto, Madoka, Haruhi, and Attack on Titan junk the judges had to sift through.

In fact, during my con going days, good AMVs based off an anime series I didn't know usually inspired me to find the series. Sometimes it was okay. Sometimes it was bad lol.
I guess that's true. I know that as someone who isn't really interested in AMVs, I would rather watch an AMV for an anime I don't even recognize than watch one for an anime I recognize but am not personally a big fan of and know that so, so, so many "casuals" and younger fans are super into. Like ... Naruto, One Piece, Mirai Nikki, Shingeki no Kyojin, Sword Art Online, those kinds of shows. Them, I really don't want to watch an AMV for. Especially not when they attract so many wanna-be AMV makers and so the average quality of those series' AMVs tends to be really low.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #62
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Congrats on making to the finals! Now everyone can see you work on the big screen!

You should totally push harder for everyone in the 2014 Get Together to go to AB now.

Don't ask me to go though >_>
Thanks!

I would push for the get-together but Blaze won't get in the van/would rather hike to Canada than Boston. =3=

Jk Blazeykins ilu. Baka.

(Besides he already saw the trailer and he/others probably wouldn't appreciate the other video as much. Might not even go to watch it myself since I was more interested in seeing the crowd reaction to this one.)

P.S. Scared of all the Attack on Titan cosplayers? *shot*

Quote:
Not gonna lie: I'm curious if your video that made the finals has to do with:
  1. Natsume Yuujinchou
  2. Kagerou Days
  3. an anime we're both watching
  4. an anime you're watching but I'm not watching
My money's on B, and I'd rank all four choices in the order B > A > C = D. I'm honestly surprised though if a Kagerou Days video managed to make it to the finals given its relatively low penetration into the American anime fandom. I guess it probably enjoys a much higher penetration in AMV circles, given its very nature, but still.
Natsume would be nice but I've yet to come across a good song that would capture the story/be accessible to a wider audience. The only time I saw the series make an appearance in the contest was in a crossover with Another that just aimed to be creepy. Conveying the plot of my Drama entry was hard enough and a big reason I was afraid it wouldn't get in.

I doubt a Kagerou Days AMV would be accepted at this point considering all that's available to work with are a few PVs that aren't very... Animated. (Though granted as you mentioned the fact they are originally MVs lends themselves to easy mixing with songs. They just look more like MMVs.) Not even sure if there'd be copyright issues surrounding that. (*cough* As if there aren't a lot already.) Maybe in the future if it turns out to actually be a success - though I already have plans for what to do next year.

I will say that it is a series we have both seen. And piggybacking off Loki's comment, part of the reason I chose it was because I saw another well-known editor (whose work I respect and one of her past videos partially inspired me to become serious about moviemaking) made an AMV for it that didn't get in last year. I noticed someone else on the forum mentioned wanting to make a video with the title that year as well but either nothing came of that or it wasn't accepted. So I kinda wanted to represent by proving I could make something good enough to help get an obscure series noticed. (Regardless of my actual thoughts on the show itself.)

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-18-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #63
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Martin x Aoi KOIBITO~

Based off this.

Also a Happy Late Birthday to Hiyori!

Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #64
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Two new KagePro vids. Not much to say about them other than that each contains massive SPOILERS - especially the first one. Just felt like finally finishing them instead of studying in preparation for going back to school. Still some parts I'm not satisfied with but meh, they were just supposed to be quick things. They kinda go together as a pair to match the tone of the final two PVs in the series.

BORKED

BORKED

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 03-15-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #65
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Here's the vid I submitted to Animé Boston that made Drama Finalist. It didn't win anything, but I figured it probably wouldn't. (Though I think I did see one person who voted for me, so yay~)

For some reason embeds aren't working so here's a direct link.

I'm really surprised you didn't lock on to the most obvious option, Talon. XP I did think about doing something else at first but decided this would be easiest. (Perhaps a good thing since the original series I was planning on using was actually pretty well-represented in the contest.)

Unfortunately there were some technical difficulties with the playback. A few frames felt off, and the sound was very loud. Strangely the one in Overflow was too quiet - and I think it even froze at one point. >.>;

There were a lot of really good entries in the Other overflow, so I can understand how my trailer didn't get in. The reaction did seem rather confused/muted as well (although in general the audience was pretty quiet compared to the main contest). Though I did hear someone whisper "oh shit" when they saw the title, and there was one clap and a "whoo!" at the end. XP

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 03-23-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #66
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Here's the vid I submitted to Animé Boston that made Drama Finalist. It didn't win anything, but I figured it probably wouldn't. (Though I think I did see one person who voted for me, so yay~)

For some reason embeds aren't working so here's a direct link.

I'm really surprised you didn't lock on to the most obvious option, Talon. XP I did think about doing something else at first but decided this would be easiest. (Actually a good thing since the original series I was planning on using was actually pretty well-represented in the contest.)

Unfortunately there were some technical difficulties with the playback. A few frames felt off, and the sound was very loud. Strangely the one in Overflow was too quiet - and I think it even froze at one point. >.>;

There were a lot of really good entries in the Other overflow, so I can understand how my trailer didn't get in. The reaction did seem rather confused/muted as well (although in general the audience was pretty quiet compared to the main contest). Though I did hear someone whisper "oh shit" when they saw the title, and there was one clap and a "whoo!" at the end. XP So it was worth it.
Wow ...

That was really well put together. Good job! I'm not one for AMVs, but this felt like a professionally-made music video for AnoHana. I was really impressed. This stood high above the AMVs I'm used to coming across on YouTube. You are right to be proud of this.

As for not correctly guessing the anime, you'll recall that I did bring up Ano Hana a number of times over the past few months. But a week or two ago you suggested that the anime in your AMV had proven to be a hard sell "because of the long name." And when I mentioned Ano Hana once again ... I then promptly ruled it out specifically because it has a super-short nickname everyone already knows it by. Granted, the same is true of Watamote ... but yeah, I became increasingly sure towards the end there that you'd opted to do a Watamote AMV. Oh well! Guess I fooled myself.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #67
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Wow ...

That was really well put together. Good job! I'm not one for AMVs, but this felt like a professionally-made music video for AnoHana. I was really impressed. This stood high above the AMVs I'm used to coming across on YouTube. You are right to be proud of this.

As for not correctly guessing the anime, you'll recall that I did bring up Ano Hana a number of times over the past few months. But a week or two ago you suggested that the anime in your AMV had proven to be a hard sell "because of the long name." And when I mentioned Ano Hana once again ... I then promptly ruled it out specifically because it has a super-short nickname everyone already knows it by. Granted, the same is true of Watamote ... but yeah, I became increasingly sure towards the end there that you'd opted to do a Watamote AMV. Oh well! Guess I fooled myself.
Thanks!

Oh, and for the record what I was "hrnnngh"ing about on Skype was the fact that I had done an Anohana vid and you brought it up just a week before the con, wishing there was a way to get more people to discover it. XP I don't know how well it worked considering a bunch of factors (such as the whole name thing), but hey, I actually just got a comment from someone on YT saying it was their favorite of the contest and it left an impression on them. So that makes me happy it was worth it. =)
Old 03-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #68
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Really quick scribble for Seto's Birthday since it was a few days ago (spoilers):

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 09-19-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #69
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Why am I editing when I have finals ahhhh

In celebration of the Mekakucity Actors animé, I made a little something using the PVs. There are some spoilers, though they're somewhat subtle. (...Okay, maybe not the last one.) A few of them have already been hinted at in the show, so... *shrug* Watch at your own risk.

BORKED
Old 05-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #70
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Jumpluff

Hi all! Yuki asked me to post a short video she made since she's having a bit of computer trouble. It contains crack spoilers for episode 04 of Mekakucity Actors, so don't watch unless you've seen it!

BORKED

Quote Yuki: "I'm not sorry."

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 05-05-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:09 AM   #71
Torkoal Stu
This

Lil' Bluey

Thanks for posting that for me Hana =)
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #72
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Jumpluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Thanks for posting that for me Hana =)
No problem! I also changed the link to the new version you posted. Gomenasai~

P.S. Hi, Yuki~
Old 05-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #73
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

My comp's working again, so I can post this comic I've been working on. It's super-late, but Happy Birthday to Shintaro!

I apologize for my messy handwriting and art I only really put effort into the first panel. >>; *ruffles Shin's shiny hair* <3

SPOILER version (only read if you're already familiar with the characters' backstories):

I WASN'T CRYING WHILE DRAWING THIS NOPE

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 12-17-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #74
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

So even though I said I wanted to do something non-spoilery for Kano's Birthday, after hemming and hawing the whole day I ended up drawing something with spoilers anyway. =3= (Though it's not really a huge spoiler if you've seen episode 05.)

Happy Birthday, Kano... And Happy Mother's Day.

Also here's a quick scribble I streamed earlier for Kagerou Days (spoiler-lite, completely safe if you've seen episode 04):

Old 05-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #75
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Something I drew inspired by the 5th Kagepro novel. Not a huge spoiler if you've seen episode 05 and understand the character relationships as a result, but would make more sense with further context/background:

"Welcome back, Dad."

I kinda messed up the heights but oh well. =3= Poor giant Seto trying to squeeze in there awkwardly. ^^; (Although it's Kido and Kano who should be taller I think.)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction