UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 06-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Shop Proposal: The Unified Pawnbroker's Nook.

With coins on their way out at long last, I started to consider what use coins had. We had the Coins for Prizes, but there was also the Coin Exchange, a shop that didn't have much use outside of being the Pokebank for coins, and this got me thinking of items we have but wouldn't have a use for.

Things like nuggets and pearls, which have value in coins, would become completely worthless. Spare items and trinkets people can't sell such as ash would also be rather pointless, so this here's a proposal for a shop that seeks to rectify this problem. Right now it's just a backbone thing that'll be prettied up later, but I think it could work.

---

The Unified Pawnbroker's Nook

*insert flavoursome spiel here*

There are two different types of items we will buy: Trinkets and Treasures. Trinkets are items of lesser value or uncommon objects, such as certain types of pokeball and held items, while treasures are items of little to no use but high value or use in manufacturing, such as nuggets of gold or rare mushrooms. Trinkets sold here will become available to others to purchase at a given price, while treasures sold will be shipped to manufacturers and collectors, with the pawnbroker giving the supplier a respectable cut of the profit.

Price listings

Trinkets:

*to be filled in*

Treasures:

*to be filled in*

---

Now naturally there would be some basic rules for this place. Most common department store items would not be sold here, as this would compete with said store. Gems and type-boost items, however would be sellable here despite being for sale at the dept. store.

As far as prices go, the games have the prices set rather generously, and would be the main focus of the discussion. My initial thoughts on the sale price of treasures would be around 40% of the sell value of items at maximum, within reason. A Nugget for example would be worth $2000, while a Tiny Mushroom, normally worth $100 under the rule, would be closer to $200. Thoughts, folks?

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I like it. Sounds like a better deal than cashing in rarer kinds of Poké Balls and having them just be lost after that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development