UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 01-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #51
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Yeah, no one could enter the house since they were bigger than the door, so I blasted them all with spells or arrows. I believe the 2 mammoths and giant did trounce the dragon too since at the time, my level wasn't super high and dragons are level scaled while mammoths and giants are not.

It was pretty funny because when the giant slammed his club into the ground at the door, the whole house shook and the furniture actually moved. And I'm not talking about pots and plates, I mean the bed and tables- which I have never been able to move even with FUS RO DAH!
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #52
Loki

BONUS!

Spoiler: show

This happens almost all the time.

Edit: Redid part of it. That bandit looked like a giant for one frame for no reason other than my laziness.

Last edited by Loki; 01-20-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #53
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Rogues do it alone? ^^;

Yeah, it's too bad that you can't tell the A.I. "Wait here!" and have it listen to you. This seems to be common to most games which feature an A.I.-controlled companion.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #54
Loki

You can tell them to wait. The problem is, once they're on the wait command, they stop doing what you're doing, namely sneaking. And once they stop sneaking, the enemies usually notice. If you tell them to wait, you usually have to tell them to wait very far away.

Wait a second...

ANOTHER COMIC?!?

This happens often too.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #55
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Are you for real? I'd heard that followers kept getting themselves killed in Skyrim -- sometimes by the player! -- but this is ridiculous. He'd have to charge right in front of you just as you fire for this to happen. Almost makes you wonder if the very act of firing de-locks the Waited ally and if Skyrim tries to let allies get a jump on the action by teleporting them in front of the player once they detect that combat's about to begin. Or something.

Man, it sure seems like this game is a mishmash of coding genius and incompetence. ^^;
Old 01-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #56
Loki

Haha, this isn't exactly how it happens. Usually you need an certified enemy in attack mode for the follower to go into attack mode themselves. But if you have good Sneak, you can stay hidden even though your Follower who has poor Sneak has already raised suspicions. In this case, they blindly charge forward and usually end up in front of the guy I was planning to shoot.

I've also backstabbed my own followers this way, although this is usually because cinematic sneak attacks chooses the closest target who doesn't see you, not necessarily the one right in front of you. It's mostly dumb that your follower can't detect you. I guess I'm just that damn ninja. ^^;;
Old 01-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #57
Loki

WHAT'S THIS? THE EPIC CONCLUSION TO THE SNEAKING IN SKYRIM w/ Follower COMICS?

Old 01-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #58
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That must really fucking suck, then, when the idiot gets himself killed and you don't want him to. If you drop loot and leave the area, can you come back for it later? Or do the areas erase loot drops after you exit them? 'Cause if they erase ... damn, that sucks. Guess that means you learned a while back not to use your followers as long-term deposits for your heavy loot!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #59
Loki

Technically there's no cap on how much you can carry. But if you exceed a carrying capacity, you can't run, which makes for a very boring trip back to town. Sometimes I put them in a chest in the dungeon/area and make a lot of quick trips back to town. If you load game though, there's a good chance stuff might not be there unless the chest is in your house.

Also, under normal situations, when a follower is at critically low health, they will drop to their knee, which causes the targeting AI of enemies to stop attacking them and start looking at you. Eventually they regen enough back to help later or if you finish them off. They can only really die from spell splash damage (friendly or otherwise) or extreme damage (like 15x damage backstabs or giant's club smash [which launches people into low orbit]). There are also a few followers who are "essential," which makes them unkillable by any means.

Anyways, while this can happen, it's usually not this bad. These stories were totally exaggerated.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #60
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, they're still funny. And as for the spell splash damage ... I'm pretty sure that's the very problem bbb complained about, is it not? "Use baby spells that spare my followers? Or use mega-super-awesome death ray magic that kills everything in a .5-mile radius not named me? "
Old 01-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #61
Loki

Playing around with coloring/shading.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #62
Loki

Starting on something. I WILL FINISH IT THIS TIME!

Not sure if that pose is 100% correct. My only (good) references to such poses are from below the eyes down to the neck and collar bone at best.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #63
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You could set a digital camera up to take a picture in 5-10 seconds after you press the button, press the button, and then go stand in front of the camera and strike exactly the pose you want.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #64
Loki

Woman's Figure =/= Man's Figure.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #65
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverworkedDaisy
10. For Nth Doctor
Would you be able to draw a Murkrow sending a Twister at a Druddigon? The location is the Golden Saucer from FF VII and as the twister hits the druddigon, it also picks up Cotton Candy and becomes a Cotton Candy Twister (this was how it was described in my battle with Poke_Hunter)

Made for Nth Doctor. Let me know if you really do want that cotton candy in it. It looked weird to me so I left it out, but if you really want it, I'll slap it back on (or rather, make the layer visible).
Old 02-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #66
Loki

Everyone is Battle-cut crazy, so I decided to not ask Daisy to do mine.

Also, since I'm not super active in anything Pokemon, it's not a Pokemon one. Guess what the category is.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #67
Loki

TES's Dark Brotherhood Assassin.
Fallout NV's NCR Ranger Combat Gear.
Mass Effect's Shepard's Recon Hood makes him unrecognizable, although with custom faces, I doubt anyone would know. I threw an N7 rifle to help.
Dragon Age Origin's Leliana doesn't look like Leliana =/
Monster Hunter Tri's Cha-Cha.
PSO most famous HUcast, KIREEK looks pretty cool.

I used Leliana, Cha-Cha, and KIREEK instead of my own custom characters because they are unrecognizable from those franchises without some other indicator. KIREEK should be recognizable as he's practically the face of PSO HUcasts, Cha-Cha is Tri's minion mascot, and Leliana was in both DA games, but she don't really look like her >.<;;

EDIT: It's now final product. 7th box? What 7th box?

EDIT2: No wait, that's a lie. I'm already reworking it. Still no 7thbox though.

EDIT>9000: Final final final.

First Image: Most impressed by
Second Image: Most intricate.
Third Image: Most lazy.
Fourth Image: Most aggravating.
Fifth Image: Most simple.
Sixth Image: It's just good to see it there.

Last edited by Loki; 02-10-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #68
deoxys
Fog Badge

Love the battlecut, love the idea for a battlecut without Pokemon, will probably be stealing it so I can make one for myself at some point. If, you know, that's okay [](/fluttershy)

But really, nice work. What program are you using to draw in? All I know is MS Paint... don't feel comfortable drawing in Photoshop
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #69
Loki

Currently using Paint Tool Sai, which I don't remember where I found at this moment. It's basic enough to start with and can get rather advanced, but lacks some big tools like custom brushes and transparent images.

I am trying to make a transition into GIMP, which is like Photoshop, but I dislike the UI and don't have as much experience with it as I would like. I mostly use it for animating.

I tried Corel Painter but I think the trial version didn't let me do half the stuff I wanted it to do (when I painted, it would keep painting something else into my painting >_> WTF?), but it did seem like a good program. I've tried Manga Studio as well, but I got confused with it really fast.

There are a lot of programs out there, try them all out for a bit and see which one you are most comfortable with.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #70
Loki

=X

Almost two months since I've post here. Almost as long since I've drawn anything on the tablet.

Was gonna post something, but Imgur is down I think. and here it is: but Imgur is borked. and here it is:

/never finishes it like everything else

Last edited by Loki; 04-06-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #71
Loki

Valentine, Ninja Nurse of Skullgirls. Probably the only character I don't completely suck at playing with on that game.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I should probably keep working on it. But my hand hurts now... from drawing.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #72
Loki

Got the image sequence of Skullgirl's Valentine's Level 3 Blockbuster (aka Ultra Special) cutscene after she gets her poor victim behind closed curtains. For some reason the frames keep showing for only about a second instead of the time I specified. Going to see what GIMP user manuals have to say and see if I do in fact need to download GAP.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #73
Loki

Working on a comic sort of thing. Started the final panel but now my hand hunts and I'm even thinking of possibly making the final panel larger and the 2nd panel smaller. But it's got about the same message.

It's based on Mass Effect 3's multiplayer co-op missions, but given a story I made up involving some N7 Agents fighting on Earth trying to stay alive. Not sure how I'll have it turn out just yet.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #74
Loki

Wow it's been a while. So many distractions in life.

New Skyrim DLC fanart WIP. Yeah I know- They're all WORKS IN PROGRESS! I'll hopefully find time and do it all instead of using my free time on less productive stuff >>;;

Reading a book is more hazardous than one might imagine. Especially if that book belongs to the Daedric Prince Hermaeus Mora.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #75
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I'm glad to know that the job I lost which I blamed on Loki's avatar should actually be blamed on Skyrim.

I'm not sure if reading a book is that hazardous to ninjas, but it certainly is to me. I'm allergic to reading. Every fansub I watch is an adventure with anaphylaxis!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction