UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 10-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #26
Roglef
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Currently listening to Hungarian Rhapsody #2. Fun times.
Back in high school, my marching band did a Rhapsody show where we did that one. Its nice.

Roglef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #27
Talon87
時の彼方へ

This Pokémon OP, which then led me to listen to this Pokémon OP. It's too bad I can't link the TV size versions with the accompany visuals. *shakes fist at aggressive ShoPro*
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #28
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

This.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #29
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
Eusebius and Florestan from Carnaval.
Schumann is a bit of a psycho.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #30
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Delta Heavy.

Watch this whilst tripping balls, to trip so many balls you don't realise how many balls you're tripping.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #31
deoxys
Fog Badge

Strange... I posted this and then it... deleted itself? Anyway:

For those who like electronic/industrial, might I recommend German band Funker Vogt? Some may not like the singing, which is completely understandable, it's not for everyone, but if you can look past it or don't mind it, the music is pretty great.

Also, Swedish industrial group Covenant has a few good songs, this one and 20 Hz are my favorites. Again, same thing with the singing.

Sorry for the low quality videos, but as they are pretty obscure for America... (yes, hipster moment)... they tend to not have many available videos on youtube.

EDIT: Wait, what's going on? 3 of my posts just disappeared. wtf?

Last edited by deoxys; 11-02-2011 at 10:32 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #32
Roglef
Thunder Badge

That happened to one of my reffings! I was pissed!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #33
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
For those who like electronic/industrial, might I recommend German band Funker Vogt? Some may not like the singing, which is completely understandable, it's not for everyone, but if you can look past it or don't mind it, the music is pretty great.
Its not so much the singing, its the Trancey/Gabba style bass that puts me off it. I like dirty electronic music, but not in this way. I'm more of a Dubstep/DnB/Jungle/Rave type of person myself.

And on that note, Noisia.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #34
Talon87
時の彼方へ

This somehow popped up in my head and then I went and watched the OP like six times in a row on Youtube. Cute story, nice opening.

Things I'm not listening to right now but will randomly plug as they pop into my head:

Bryan Adams - Summer of '69

Billy Joel - Piano Man

Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run

The 1980s: the Decade of Soft Rock.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #35
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The 1980s: the Decade of Metal.
Ficksed.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #36
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The 1980s: the Decade of Coke.
Double Ficksed.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #37
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Currently in between a mixture of:
- Florence + The Machine's new album
- RENT's soundtrack
- Hairspray's soundtrack
- Gossip
- Kelly Clarkson's new album
Old 11-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #38
Roglef
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
Currently in between a mixture of:
- RENT's soundtrack
- Hairspray's soundtrack
- Gossip
- Coldplay's new album
Ficksed.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #39
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

KOAN Sound.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #40
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni (Youtube link has accurate English lyrics), the ending theme song to this game which still hasn't been released yet. ^^;
Old 11-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #41
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Boku ni Dekiru Koto, the third opening to my new favorite animé. Such an uplifting song. English lyrics are here.

My other favorites include the first and second EDs, and the second OP. But they're all great.

First OP
Second OP
First ED (Link to TV size since I love it so much, here's the full)
Second ED
Third ED

Also listening to Life in Technicolor by Coldplay, which was featured in this amazingly beautiful AMV.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #42
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Been listening to copious amounts of the How To Train Your Dragon and Braveheart soundtracks, as well as the KH piece "Dearly Beloved." Also, in a non-soundtrack shocker, "Elephant Gun" by Beirut. Plus Rimsky-Korsakov (he's so good).
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #43
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"To the Stars" is such a great track, but I'm not very happy with its slow opening or its sudden ending. But that emotional middle bit ... the part they used in like one-quarter of all movie trailers in the mid-to-late '90s? Priceless.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #44
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" by Elvis Aaron Presley

Be sure to look for me in the audience on The Lawrence Welk Show.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #45
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Anything Goes by Cole Porter

Quoth one of the comments:

"I dont play Fallout 3, do they actually play these songs?
If they do in game, THATS FING AWESOME!"

First heard and fell in love with Jewel's rendition on TV several years ago. Couldn't find a recorded version, but I downloaded the original and just felt like listening to it and other covers recently. Have a 30-second sample of a slow jazzy version I like, but I can't remember where I got it and don't know who the artist is. It's not Ella Fitzgerald, whom Jewel likely based hers on rather than the original.

Another song while I'm in a bubbly oldies mood:

Singing the Blues - Guy Mitchell

Surely I'm not the only one who watched Time Life infomercials as a kid? =<
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #46
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I miss when music used to be good.

The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe in Magic?
Jackie Wilson - Higher and Higher
Styx - Come Sail Away

1960s ... 1970s ... 1980s ... come back to us. ;_;

Donovan - Catch the Wind

Man ... how can people even compare rap crap to golden ambrosia like this?
Old 12-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #47
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Courtesy of hearing it one too many times in Japanese TV shows , I just had to look up this song.

Romanticが止まらない Romantic ga Tomaranai (loosely "The Romance Won't Stop") is classic 1980s music. Produced in 1985, it was apparently one of the big hits of a band initially known as the Coconut Boys but later known simply as C-C-B. Go ahead and give it a listen: I promise you'll enjoy its catchy chorus if you're a fan of '80s music, language barrier or not.

Last edited by Talon87; 12-21-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #48
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Katawa Shoujo soundtrack. If planning to play the game, I would encourage you to hold off on clicking on any of these. Otherwise? Click away. Especially recommend you try "Moment of Decision."

Pleasant:
The Student Council
Fripperies
Hokabi

Beautiful:
Wiosna

Ominous, Haunting:
Shadow of the Truth

Beautiful -AND- Haunting:
Moment of Decision (picks back up at 1:55 in an epic way, especially in-game)

18 years old? Don't mind teh animoos? Like good music and good stories? Check this game out.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #49
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
2011-12 AcaDec Music Listening Selections.
Lots of fun romantic era pieces like Eusebius and Florestan from Schumann's Carnaval and March to the Scaffold from Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #50
Torkoal Stu
This

As I've only just discovered this thread I've got to backtrack to comment on posts that I would have commented on if I had seen them at the time.

Also a good way to procrastinate!

I don't like singling myself to one genre or anything but I guess if I had to at a push I'd definitely say like Popy/Dancey/Electroy Music like Girls Aloud or Ellie Goulding. I absolutely music that you can just get up and dance to. But, like most people, I like artists from many different genres so my iPod is quite diverse. I also have a really big love of acoustic music. And I'm quite into artists like Adele and Alicia Keys. I'm not really massively into really heavy music, so if I'm ever a fan of a rock band it tends to be the less rocky rock bands that real rock fans would look at and be like 'that's not a real rock band'. But I'm ok with that.

I've recently become quite obsessed with this girl called Gabrielle Aplin who is from the city where I go to university and she is trying to make it 'big' and she makes kinda acousticy music which is mostly her and her guitar but she is also still exploring her sound. But it largely has quite a raw, almost-but-not-really folky vibe. Her new EP comes out tomorrow so I'm excited to get my hands on that~

And my other new obsession is Lana Del Rey, who releases her album at the end of the month, I'm also expecting big things from this year. Her first two singles were really good and I love her whole image. Though, her live performances I've watched on Youtube seem quite lacklustre but maybe she is still getting into the swing of things? But yeah she's pretty great~

And now onto the posts already posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Muse
Oooh yeah Muse are brilliant. They're releasing a new album in October (or late 2012 anyway) and I'm pretty excited~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Cubone View Post
Most recent album purchases for me (yes, I still buy albums) have been The Vaccines and the new Hard Fi one, which are pretty good Indie fare, more dancy from Hard Fi but still good.
That Hard-Fi album was really good, really glad I bought it~
I saw The Vaccines performing on a TV Show the other month and I kept meaning to check them out properly. I'll have to remember to listen to their album soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
I've recently picked up a few newer albums from up and coming artists, including some of this year's big breakthroughs such as The Vaccines and Ed Sheeran, along with the new albums from The Wombats, Friendly Fires and Example. Not had much chance to listen to them since the radio dominates most of my listening time.
Ed Sheeran is amazing. His old EPs were really good so I had reserves about his album but it thoroughly impressed me. I don't know why I had reserves considering many of his old EP tracks do appear on the album in. But yeah he's pretty good. And I love Friendly Fires and Example too, I've seen Example twice and both times he's been hilarious and his two latest albums are pretty good. The Friendly Fires latest album was also probably one of my 2011 album highlights too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymankg2 View Post
Constant favourites for me have been what I like to call 'Radio 2 Music', including the likes of The Feeling, The Killers, Keane, and more recently Mumford/Two Door Cinema Club. I listen to some more indie stuff as well. But the main sploge of my music is either stuff I've inherited from my brother/parents, or Synthpop/Britpop as I'm a huge fan of both. (The Human Leauge, Pulp, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, Blur etc).
All the artists mentioned in this post. Especially Two Door Cinema Club. At first I was really unconvinced by Mumford And Sons and really found them overhyped, then one day I find myself singing Little Lion Man and now they've just really grown on me. I'm excited for their follow up later year this.
And you can never go wrong with The Pet Shop Boys and The Human League <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
As for music, lately it has been just a huge amount of anything. Found myself very into Arcade Fire though. o.o;;
I find myself in a love/hate relationship with Arcade Fire. Though 'We Used To Wait' from their newest album is an amazing song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roglef View Post
Spotify is great too. if you guys want invites to that, I can hand them out. I'm listening to a bit of Alfred Reed and Muse/Coldplay. Getting ready for Coldplay's new one next month!
Obviously since you posted this Coldplay has released that album and it was pretty great. As much as I love Rihanna I was unconvinced that Coldplay/Rihanna would work but with the direction they took for the album it worked perfectly. I think it's probably my 3rd favourite Coldplay album. Because Rush Of Blood To The Head is my favourite, followed by Parachutes, followed by this one, followed by X&Y followed by Viva La Vida And Death And All His Friends. Which is my least favourite by a fair mile, because there are some killer sand out songs on it like Lost and Viva La Vida and Violet Hill, something for it for me just didn't work.
But Mylo Xyloto is a fine piece of music.
And Coldplay are probably one of my favourite artists ever. Definitely in my Top 5. I saw them live once and it was just indescribable. Chris Martin is a legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
No Doubt
No Doubt are awesome. They're doing a new album this year aren't they?
I'm going to hold my reservations until I hear it but I'm a bit sceptical because they were apart for a long time. But you never know, they could restrike gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
- Kelly Clarkson's new album
Yes to both of these~
Florence + The Machine, like Mumford And Sons, took ages to grow on me. I listened to Lungs about 3-4 times before I finally 'got' it. Now I absolutely love her. I don't know what it was that took me so long to like about it. But I just absolutely love her voice. And the new album didn't disapoint either. My only real criticism was that Lungs was more spontaneous, like Kiss With A Fist was like 2 minutes of pure energy. But like every song on Ceremonials is like 4-6 minutes, but Lungs would have like some long 5 minute songs and some short like 2 minute songs. So I feel Ceremonials could have benefitted from some much smaller more sponetaneous energetic songs rather than a whole album of these really long massive songs. That said though, it is a really good album~

And Kelly Clarkson is just great. Her latest album was great. Except my favourite album of hers though is probably My December, just because she had to fight her label so hard for it to be released and it was a really different side to her. So I'm excited for the day she leaves the label she is with so she can follow this direction further, because she always talks about at gigs and stuff how she can't wait to do more stuff like that.
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment