UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #51
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel
Jonouchi ~ Your Marshtomp being the valiant pokemon that it is quickly makes the decision to save the poor drowning Skitty and you have no choice but to agree. Kaio dives into the water and begins to swim towards the panicking kitty that has yet to notice him. As Kaio swims in front of Skitty the cat becomes even more afraid but a quick reassuring glance from the Marshtomp has the kitty looking more confused than afraid.

Kaio quickly sets to work on his attack plan and begins to gather some sticky mud in his mouth rolling in into a ball, coughing a little at the bitter taste. Corphish gets into range, noticing a little barrier to its target turns its glare to Kaio opening its claws wide to attack. Kaoi takes the opportunity to strike first and spits out the ball of mud that shoots across the surface of the water hitting Corphish head on pushing it back a decent ways startling the lobster pokemon.

Moving hastily Kaio gathers Skitty on his back, who squeals with surprise, and swims speedily through the water towards the dock. Just as he's about to reach the dock to allow Skitty up to her trainer he feels a claw grip onto his back fin and tighten in a Vicegrip. Kaio cries out in pain as his sensitive fin is crushed under the strong grip of the Corphish that had amazingly managed to recover and using pure anger to fuel its speed, caught up with the pair of pokemon. Skitty cries in fright and grips on tight to Kaio's neck as the Marshtomp looks over his shoulder at the Corphish only to receive a barrage of Bubbles slamming into his face, Corphish still not relinquishing its grip. It holds out a claw towards the Skitty hoping to ensnare the cat.

Meanwhile the young girl and her father had watched your actions with interest.

"Please help my Hannah," the girl says to you her eyes shining with unshed tears, a glimmer of hope beneath. Turning to Kaio she shouts "Come on Marshtomp you can beat that mean Corphish, please keep fighting."
Ricco watches as the battle rages on. The battle definetly wasn't going in his favor and the Corphish was about to attack at any second. Skitty was hanging on tight and if something wasn't done fast, Corphish would claim more than one victim. He hears the girl cheering him on and smiles as his Pokemon was given support in his battle.

"Kaio! Hang on!" Ricco shouted out. "They're counting on you!"

He had only seconds before something bad would happen. Ricco had to think fast, otherwise it would have been too late.

"Kaio! Listen carefully! I want you to growl at him and show him that we mean business! Then use a Mud Shot in his eyes and, no matter what, get that Skitty to safety! Got all that?!"

Marshtomp nodded a yes as he went into action. Ricco looked over at the girl who continued to cheer for Kaio. He decided to reassure her of his confidence.

"Don't worry!" he shouted from afar. "We'll get that Skitty back to you safely! I promise you!"

Ricco watches as the battle rages on. He had to think smart if he was going to win this battle. Ricco continued to focus on the battle in the meantime.

OOC: EDIT: My Marshtomp evolved into a Swampert a while ago, so if it's possible you can include that into your next update, that'd be great.

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:04 AM   #52
thed3
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon
thed3:
Knowing that Coconut's safety probably depends on your victory in this battle, you place your trust in Tsunami, and he is willing to give it his all.
After issuing your first orders, the battle between the two bulky Pokemon is on - and your Blastoise is first to act, shooting a Water Gun right at Aggron. Surprised by such a fast start, Aggron is unable to dodge, and takes the full force of the attack. Pleased with his success, Tsunami doesn't waste any time and readies his next attack - though this time, Aggron is prepared, and emits a high-pitched Metal Sound. You're forced to cover your ears at this horrible tone, and so is Tsunami; thrown off guard, it can't go on with his planned attack. Aggron sees his chance and charges right at Tsunami with a surprising pace. Your Blastoise, though still shaken by the Metal Sound, remembers your orders and tries its best to Counter the Steel type's attack - but to no avail, the Take Down attack hits, and Tsunami takes a big blow. Content with itself, Aggron lets out a victorious roar, and the other Aron, Lairon and Aggron in the cave join in. But it's still too early for them to celebrate, as Tsunami gets back up to his feet again - this battle is not over yet. Both Pokemon have taken a good hit and used some energy, so this fight could still go either way. What are your next orders?
"Hmm... feisty little guys" Thed mumbled to himself as the numerous Aron, Lairon, and Aggron cheered on their leader.

Tsunami stood up to his feet quite quickly after being hit by the Aggron with a Take Down. Thed knew his Blastoise would not go down so easily and neither would his pride. Thed didn't worry about Tsunami too often, especially nowadays since he had grown so much within the past years. But, now Thed worried whether his Blastoise would get hurt both physically and in spirit; especially if he were to lose. Thed now knew that he had to focus on the now and worry about Coconut once the battle was over.

"Tsunami!" His Blastoise glanced at him from where he stood.

"Hydro Pump Aggron! And, don't stop until it is totally aggravated. If it charges you let's shake things up with Earthquake. If it comes in too close use a Protect. Whether it charges you or not send out a Blizzard to cool things down."

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
The Eh No Make Li'Dat Crew
Old 06-15-2007, 05:47 AM   #53
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Yami Ron Send a message via AIM to Yami Ron Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Ron

Quote:
Yami Ron ~ Np hon ^-^

Looking at the two job offers at Jacob's and Sons you decide to delve a little deeper into the details of the second one, the one that asks you to capture a pokemon in the Avian Fields. Walking over to the back entrance of the warehouse you look around for anyone that could help you. You notice a few pokemon milling around with boxes and even spot a Makuhita driving a small forklift truck picking up some of the larger crates. Daring to move further inside you walk into the brightly light warehouse and find yourself in the storage area. A couple of Meditite holding clip boards spot you and one of the shouts over its shoulder before continuing to check off items. A tall man in his late 30's walks from behind one of the stacks and approaches you with a wary look in his eyes.

"Can I help you young man?" he asks politely keeping his stance a little guarded. You tell him that you're here about the job on the notice board and the man smiles at you relaxing a little.

"Ah of course, which job in particular were you interested in, there were two posted right?" he asked. Telling him that the second one interested you see the man's smile widen.

"Superb, that will make the boss happy. My name is Gilbert by the way and the man you want to speak to is Mr. Jacob. He's upstairs in his office. Just head over to that steel door over there and take the stairs behind them up 3 flights and then it's the door at the end of the corridor, be careful of Bob the Makuhita along your way, he's a little inexperienced with the forklift, has knocked into a few things today," he says as he heads back to where he came from. You follow Gilbert's instructions keeping a watchful eye out for Bob noticing him backing towards a crate nearly crushing the irate Grumpig directing him.

Making your way up the stairs quickly you follow the corridor at the top and find a wooden door with the words "Mr. Jeffrey Jabob, CEO" You knock on the door and here a loud "Come in" yelled through the door. Pushing open the door you see a man in his late 50's at a wooden desk typing away furiously on his computer. He stops to look at you and frowns.

"May I help you young man, I've not seen you around here before are you a new face?" he asks and you tell him that you're here for the job offer and after informing him you were interested in the one concerning the pokemon in the Avian Field Mr. Jacob leaps out his chair with excitement startling you a little.

"Well come in lad, come in take a seat," he says as he offers you some coffee or tea pouring a cup for himself. You ask to know more of what the job will entail and after taking a sip of his tea he leans back in his chair rubbing his chin in thought the grey stubble there making scratching noises under his fingers.

"First I must say I am very glad that someone is willing to hear this job out, well to me it's more like a personal quest." Standing up he moves over to the corner of the room where he grabs some brown pellets from a jar and sits back down giving a short low whistle. A small and old looking Natu hopped from a hidden corner of the room and sat on his wrist and happily at the bird food there.

"I love bird pokemon, there's something so beautiful and graceful about their nature that simply soothes the soul," he says with a small smile gracing his lips. "Me and my wife Bethany grew up with a love for them that only grew larger everyday we were together. We formed many friendships with many different bird pokemon in our lifetime, a lot of them have been released now, some passed on, only Meredith is left, our Natu," he says patting the small Natu on her head, the bird chirping happily. "Bethany is gone too, God rest her soul," he said with remorse lacing his voice, "she left this world before she achieved her dream. Her favorite bird pokemon is quite rare and she went through life searching for one but with no luck. The job my request is for a willing young trainer to search out this pokemon and capture it so that I may fulfill her dream for her. Meredith and I are getting little too old for the travel battling involved and my health isn't what it used to be."

You ask him what pokemon he meant and he looks up at you with a small smile. "A Farfetch'd my lad; it reminded me of my Beth, a mischievous fun loving spirit but with caring protective soul beneath. We moved to the Twilight Realm 5 years ago for my business and I never had the chance to search the Avian Fields with her, I was always too busy. I'll always regret that," he said sighing. "I have heard people saying that they had sighted a few Farfetch'd there once or twice before and I only wished I had made the time to take her there."

"You seem like a very capable young man and with such unique pokemon," he says, a positive comment on your shiny Sneasel, "I believe you'd be able to fulfill this dream for me. What do you say?"
"Well, Mr. Jacob, we accept your quest on capturing a Farfetch'd out in Avian Field. Honestly, I do know how wonderful Farfetch'd are; I have one of my own that I have named Marik, after the Millennium Rod wielder from the Yu-Gi-Oh! past. Unfortunately, I did not bring my marvellous Pokémon with me on this adventure."

"Sneasel." (Yeah, Marik is my best friend.)

"Sneasel, don't be so glum. We'll see Marik again soon I promise. Mr. Jacob, do you need to provide me with any supplies to go after this Farfetch'd that you're requesting? I might have the essentials, but I don't know if there are any other special items that you hand out for missions like this."

"Sneeeeeze." (Indeed, my Pharaoh. We must always be prepared.)

"We promise to not let you down, Mr. Jacob. By the way, did you run into a rude-mannered guy that might of come through here earlier? Lady Bakura and I need to teach him a thing on discipline."
Old 06-15-2007, 11:52 AM   #54
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field
A large expanse of open plains, this vast acreage takes up sixty percent of the land and is the centre of Elyra. For those who enjoy traveling in large, open places, this area is perfect for adventure. Many trainers roam the field, aiming on training their Pokémon before moving into some of the more hazardous areas of the land. Many seasonal and annual festivities take place in the fields, bringing all of the residents of Elyra together in celebration of their prosperous nation. If you're in the right place at the right time, who knows what you may encounter...

Elyra Port: The starting point for new travelers in the land, the Elyra Port is set into a large cove and is a bustling hive of activity. Commercial, public and private vessels set sail at all hours of the day and night, but this area has also managed to attract thieves who will take advantage of unwary travelers. Better hold on tight to your belongings...

"So this is Elyra," mused the laboratory assistant as the decently-sized ocean liner docked into the Port of the famed Light World. Shadow had read up intel that the Twilight Realm was one of the most popular sectors for trainers to explore in the Fizzy Bubbleverse. He had spent hours cruising on the vessel he was aboard, gazing upon the calm ocean waters. Granted, it wasn't the most exciting thing he could have done, but one couldn't always live a life full of excitement. There had to be brief moments of time allowed for reflection, contemplation and otherwise taking serene pride in the concept of one's existence.

Rerailing his train of thought, Shadow went over the information in his head. Granted, he was now officially a quasi-proper participant in the Fizzy Bubbleverse, but he knew he wasn't quite ready to "live on the wilder side", to put it simply. His resources and experience were both severely lacking, and he planned to back it up with some simple, relaxing games in the famed fields of the Laramie Ranch.

Of course, he had heard about the risks of the Twilight Realm, and he didn't expect to be completely free of its threats even in the purportedly more peaceful sectors. But then again, he was a starting trainer, and he'd already deposited his valuables in the proper facilities. And how was a Ghost-type Pokemon supposed to theoretically "die again", anyway?

"Kull!"

"Oh, sorry, Grim. I didn't mean it that way," Shadow apologised, just as the gangplank was laid down and passengers were requested to leave the ship. Gingerly, the trainer walked down onto the port, his Duskull companion closely following behind. Looking around, Shadow tried to find a map or signpost of some sort that would clearly lead him to the Laramie Ranch...

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 06-18-2007, 03:53 AM   #55
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Jonouchi ~ Of course, sorry I didn't notice it sooner =/

Kaio could feel all the support given to him from you and the young girl on the dock. This Corphish was wearing on his nerves and the painful vicegrip it had on his fins was making his eyes water. He wouldn't let his trainer down; he wouldn't let this Skitty become fish food. Skitty clings tight to Kaio's neck, spares him a thankful look and whispers in her own language her belief that he would save her. Kaio feels a sudden surge of energy coarse through him and his body becomes engulfed in a bright light. You stare on in shock at the sight before you shielding your eyes against the intensity of the light. The young girl and her father stood in awe wondering exactly what was happening.

The light dims and fades as rapidly as it had arrived but what was left in its place was something completely different. Kaio had grown in size, oh boy how he had grown. His body was a deeper shade of blue, his fins a deep orange that had doubled in size and were strengthened in the transformation. The Swampert blinked in confusion before fully realizing his own new body, a grin forming on his lips. Skitty could now sit comfortably on Kaio's back and was looking at him in shock; her savior had evolved right beneath her.

Kaio looked down at the Corphish whose claw hardly fit around his fin now, the lobster looking up in concern, it hadn't expected this! Kaio narrows his eyes and releases a loud Growl that sounds more like a Roar to the tiny Corphish below it. It squeaks in fright and quickly decides to let go of Kaio's fin, backing up with haste. Shaking a little it closes its eyes and opens up a claw firing off a Bubblebeam that strikes Kaio in his side, the bubbles popping lightly on his hard skin hardly causing any damage. Kaio looks down and snorts in amusement before rearing his head back and shooting out his Mud Shot that strikes the Corphish right between his eyes, which were unfortunately closed, but the powerful attack has the desired effect. The Lobster pokemon is pushed well back through the water crashing into a small boat nearby with a thud knocking it clear out.

Kaio takes the opportunity to swim over to the dock allowing Skitty to leap off his back into her trainer's arms, the young girl crying happily and squeezing her pokemon tight. Kaio swims to get back on the pier when he hears a loud roar of anguish behind him. Turning around he can see a large Crawdaunt fawning over the unconscious Corphish with worry, looks like the parent has come for her child. Her eyes catch Kaio's and she seethes in rage, he hurt her child and she seemed intent on repaying the favor, and just as it seems that Kaio gets a break.

Yami Ron ~ Mr. Jacob cries out in joy, and unable to contain himself leaps up. The sight of a man over 50 years old with a spare tire bouncing up and down is something you don't see every day, nor want to. He composes himself looking a tad embarrassed and looks upon you with a smile.

"Thank you lad, I'm so grateful that you're willing to do this for me, for us." He says with honesty, even his Natu seems pleased at his trainer's choice for this quest.

Upon hearing that you have your very own Farfetch'd, Mr. Jacobs looks even more pleased, his smile intensifying. "You have a Farfetch'd of your own? Well lad you are very lucky indeed, I just know that you'll be able to find one for me."

Mr Jacob moves away from his desk and towards a large silver filing cabinet at the far right of the room. Opening the top drawer he rifles through the paper work there pushing it all back and retrieving a large folded white piece of paper. He places on his desk and heads back to the filing cabinet this time rooting through the second drawer down, upon finding a small light blue and white box he closes the drawer and places it on the desk.

Throughout this he hears your question on the uncouth kid that you bumped into earlier and simply says, "I can't say I have lad, you're the first new face today," before he heads over to a door at the back of the room. Pulling it open he stoops down and pulls out random objects before a resounding "ah ha" is heard and Mr. Jacob pulls out a dark blue backpack and places it on his chair.

"I wouldn't dream of sending you on this quest without the proper supplies me lad, do not fear. Here I have a map of the Elyra Fields, you can see the Avian Field here," he says pointing to the map. "There are a couple ways to get to it but I had already marked what I thought was the fastest, out of the Port a walk through and past Laramie Ranch and it's right there, give or take a few miles. You can decide which way's best for you though." He gives you the map and you take a moment to study it, noticing the distance from here to there, it would take a day or so to get to the Avian Field, maybe less if you went without rest stops.

Mr Jacob goes through the backpack and pulls out some rations some of it quite tasty looking, a strange looking whistle, a pair of binoculars, bird pokemon food, a small net and a small bird watching guide. He hands them all over to you and you look at them with interest.

"This was the bag Beth and I used to take with us when went bird pokemon watching, some of it may be of use to you. The guide lists the habits of bird pokemon and lists some ideal locations, there are some rations for you and your pokemon, food to lure the Farfetch'd, a net incase, well just incase, the binoculars to get a closer look and that whistle imitates the mating call of a Farfetch'd," he states noticing your disturbed look, "it may come in handy".

He had yet to show you the small box and follows your gaze to its shiny form. He smiles and picks up the box opening the delicate clasp and pulls the lid open reveal a pokeball inside, although this was no ordinary pokeball. This ball was light blue and white in colour with delicate little white wings on the top.

"We had saved this ball especially to catch Farfetch'd, this Feather Ball meant a lot to Beth, it was a present from her parents when she was old enough to own pokemon. I'd like you to use it to catch the Farfetch'd" he says handing the box over to you. You thank Mr. Jacobs and place all the provisions inside your own bag noting with regret how heavy it had now become. You move to leave the room, ready to begin this quest Mr. Jacob leaving you with a "Good Luck". You quickly head back downstairs passing the employees of Jacob's and Sons all of them wishing you luck also, knowing how much this meant to their boss.

Leaving the warehouse you take a look down Warehouse Alley spotting a few other trainers heading in search of their own jobs, but no sign of the rude guy from before. According to the map the best way would be to head back the way you came out onto the beach and further past the warehouses. As you move to leave you hear two men speaking on a subject that caught your interest.

"I can't believe that Miss Carter hired that kid for this job, he was so cocky and abrupt, quite obviously full of himself."

"You're telling me, he waltzed in here liked he owned the place and had the gall to tell me how to do my job. I had to stop Croconaw from ripping him a new one when he insulted her work, although I kinda wished I hadn't."

"I'm tellin' ya mate, he's just gonna rip Miss Carter off in the end, do a third rate job and expect to be paid in full, it makes me wonder why we take on these trainers at times."

"Well just be glad he's gone for a few days, he's gotta have headed on past Crew 32 and I know that their Ursaring is in a foul mood today, lets hope it decided to put a few claw marks on him," they finished laughing. Looking down the alley you could see a sign for 'Crew 32' at the other end in bright violet lights. Was this kid the same guy you had the misfortune to meet, and if so he's headed the other way you are, although it is possible to get to the Avian Fields that way or so the map indicates, it just means a bit of a detour, a little bit more time, what to do indeed?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #56
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Jonouchi ~ Of course, sorry I didn't notice it sooner =/

Kaio could feel all the support given to him from you and the young girl on the dock. This Corphish was wearing on his nerves and the painful vicegrip it had on his fins was making his eyes water. He wouldn't let his trainer down; he wouldn't let this Skitty become fish food. Skitty clings tight to Kaio's neck, spares him a thankful look and whispers in her own language her belief that he would save her. Kaio feels a sudden surge of energy coarse through him and his body becomes engulfed in a bright light. You stare on in shock at the sight before you shielding your eyes against the intensity of the light. The young girl and her father stood in awe wondering exactly what was happening.

The light dims and fades as rapidly as it had arrived but what was left in its place was something completely different. Kaio had grown in size, oh boy how he had grown. His body was a deeper shade of blue, his fins a deep orange that had doubled in size and were strengthened in the transformation. The Swampert blinked in confusion before fully realizing his own new body, a grin forming on his lips. Skitty could now sit comfortably on Kaio's back and was looking at him in shock; her savior had evolved right beneath her.

Kaio looked down at the Corphish whose claw hardly fit around his fin now, the lobster looking up in concern, it hadn't expected this! Kaio narrows his eyes and releases a loud Growl that sounds more like a Roar to the tiny Corphish below it. It squeaks in fright and quickly decides to let go of Kaio's fin, backing up with haste. Shaking a little it closes its eyes and opens up a claw firing off a Bubblebeam that strikes Kaio in his side, the bubbles popping lightly on his hard skin hardly causing any damage. Kaio looks down and snorts in amusement before rearing his head back and shooting out his Mud Shot that strikes the Corphish right between his eyes, which were unfortunately closed, but the powerful attack has the desired effect. The Lobster pokemon is pushed well back through the water crashing into a small boat nearby with a thud knocking it clear out.

Kaio takes the opportunity to swim over to the dock allowing Skitty to leap off his back into her trainer's arms, the young girl crying happily and squeezing her pokemon tight. Kaio swims to get back on the pier when he hears a loud roar of anguish behind him. Turning around he can see a large Crawdaunt fawning over the unconscious Corphish with worry, looks like the parent has come for her child. Her eyes catch Kaio's and she seethes in rage, he hurt her child and she seemed intent on repaying the favor, and just as it seems that Kaio gets a break.
Ricco witnessed the power of his newly evolved Swampert as he knocks the Corphish into the boat (and into next week, too). Ricco cheered in victory as the Skitty runs over to her trainer. Ricco wanted to make sure she was okay, so he decides to run over to her to comfort them. Suddenly, something caught Ricco's attention as he looked over at the fallen Corphish. He saw what appeared to be a Crawdaunt who was worried about his son. Only one word ran through Ricco's head the entire time...

"Shit!" Ricco sweared under his breath.

Ricco quickly makes his way over to the young girl as he tries to comfort her. Once there, she was crying happily over the saftey of her Skitty.

"Hey, Skitty." Ricco said with a smile. "Are you all right?"

Ricco soon realized that his attention shouldn't be at them, but at the Crawdaunt who was ready to avenge her son. Ricco calls out to Kaio, who knew what he had to do.

"Kaio. Listen to me carefully. We don't want to try to get ourselves in a huge bind between the two. That Crawdaunt looks tough and I don't think it'll listen to reasoning. We need to end this quick. Kaio, try a Muddy Water to start things off. Then use an Ice Beam to try to freeze it in place. If anything heads towards you, evade it with a Detect. Got all that?!"

Kaio nods and prepares for battle.

"Hey." Ricco said to the little girl. "Try to get away so your skitty doesn't get into danger again. Okay?"

Ricco continued to focus on the battle at hand as he watched Kaio go into action.

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:04 AM   #57
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Yami Ron Send a message via AIM to Yami Ron Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Ron

Quote:
Yami Ron ~ Mr. Jacob cries out in joy, and unable to contain himself leaps up. The sight of a man over 50 years old with a spare tire bouncing up and down is something you don't see every day, nor want to. He composes himself looking a tad embarrassed and looks upon you with a smile.

"Thank you lad, I'm so grateful that you're willing to do this for me, for us." He says with honesty, even his Natu seems pleased at his trainer's choice for this quest.

Upon hearing that you have your very own Farfetch'd, Mr. Jacobs looks even more pleased, his smile intensifying. "You have a Farfetch'd of your own? Well lad you are very lucky indeed, I just know that you'll be able to find one for me."

Mr Jacob moves away from his desk and towards a large silver filing cabinet at the far right of the room. Opening the top drawer he rifles through the paper work there pushing it all back and retrieving a large folded white piece of paper. He places on his desk and heads back to the filing cabinet this time rooting through the second drawer down, upon finding a small light blue and white box he closes the drawer and places it on the desk.

Throughout this he hears your question on the uncouth kid that you bumped into earlier and simply says, "I can't say I have lad, you're the first new face today," before he heads over to a door at the back of the room. Pulling it open he stoops down and pulls out random objects before a resounding "ah ha" is heard and Mr. Jacob pulls out a dark blue backpack and places it on his chair.

"I wouldn't dream of sending you on this quest without the proper supplies me lad, do not fear. Here I have a map of the Elyra Fields, you can see the Avian Field here," he says pointing to the map. "There are a couple ways to get to it but I had already marked what I thought was the fastest, out of the Port a walk through and past Laramie Ranch and it's right there, give or take a few miles. You can decide which way's best for you though." He gives you the map and you take a moment to study it, noticing the distance from here to there, it would take a day or so to get to the Avian Field, maybe less if you went without rest stops.

Mr Jacob goes through the backpack and pulls out some rations some of it quite tasty looking, a strange looking whistle, a pair of binoculars, bird pokemon food, a small net and a small bird watching guide. He hands them all over to you and you look at them with interest.

"This was the bag Beth and I used to take with us when went bird pokemon watching, some of it may be of use to you. The guide lists the habits of bird pokemon and lists some ideal locations, there are some rations for you and your pokemon, food to lure the Farfetch'd, a net incase, well just incase, the binoculars to get a closer look and that whistle imitates the mating call of a Farfetch'd," he states noticing your disturbed look, "it may come in handy".

He had yet to show you the small box and follows your gaze to its shiny form. He smiles and picks up the box opening the delicate clasp and pulls the lid open reveal a pokeball inside, although this was no ordinary pokeball. This ball was light blue and white in colour with delicate little white wings on the top.

"We had saved this ball especially to catch Farfetch'd, this Feather Ball meant a lot to Beth, it was a present from her parents when she was old enough to own pokemon. I'd like you to use it to catch the Farfetch'd" he says handing the box over to you. You thank Mr. Jacobs and place all the provisions inside your own bag noting with regret how heavy it had now become. You move to leave the room, ready to begin this quest Mr. Jacob leaving you with a "Good Luck". You quickly head back downstairs passing the employees of Jacob's and Sons all of them wishing you luck also, knowing how much this meant to their boss.

Leaving the warehouse you take a look down Warehouse Alley spotting a few other trainers heading in search of their own jobs, but no sign of the rude guy from before. According to the map the best way would be to head back the way you came out onto the beach and further past the warehouses. As you move to leave you hear two men speaking on a subject that caught your interest.

"I can't believe that Miss Carter hired that kid for this job, he was so cocky and abrupt, quite obviously full of himself."

"You're telling me, he waltzed in here liked he owned the place and had the gall to tell me how to do my job. I had to stop Croconaw from ripping him a new one when he insulted her work, although I kinda wished I hadn't."

"I'm tellin' ya mate, he's just gonna rip Miss Carter off in the end, do a third rate job and expect to be paid in full, it makes me wonder why we take on these trainers at times."

"Well just be glad he's gone for a few days, he's gotta have headed on past Crew 32 and I know that their Ursaring is in a foul mood today, lets hope it decided to put a few claw marks on him," they finished laughing. Looking down the alley you could see a sign for 'Crew 32' at the other end in bright violet lights. Was this kid the same guy you had the misfortune to meet, and if so he's headed the other way you are, although it is possible to get to the Avian Fields that way or so the map indicates, it just means a bit of a detour, a little bit more time, what to do indeed?
"For a Farfetch'd, this is a lot of equipment, isn't it Lady Bakura? Well the Pokémon does mean a lot to Mr. Jacob, so there is no problem with the content. With their kind hospitality, the company will be around for a long time to come."

"Sneeeeeez." (A friend in need is a friend indeed.)

"Overhearing what that fellow was saying about that kid who needs a lesson on discipline, those Ursaring should take care of him for us, so we shouldn't worry too much about him for now. Ursaring shouldn't hurt him too badly. (Snicker) Besides, I just have a strange feeling that we might cross paths again down the road."

"Snesnesnesne."

"Let's try out this whistle." After hearing the wonderful medley, I turn to Lady Bakura. "This could of definitely come in handy when I acquired Marik all those years ago. I better not play it too often, or there could be a reinactment of 'The Birds' in store, or just as bad, pigeons on power lines."

"Sneasel." (Comedy is not your style, Pharaoh.)

"Indeed, Lady Bakura. Well I guess it time to start our adventure towards Avian field. We'll follow the maps instructions and start out towards Laramie Ranch. Maybe we'll even see Lara in passing. Would you like to hold on to the bag of Farfetch'd goodies?"

"Sel sneas." (Sure, anything for you, Ron.)

"Thank you, Lady Bakura, you're always a big help. Just make sure you don't swipe any of those bird rations. I'll hold on to the whistle and Feather Ball in the meantime. Well, we have a long journey ahead of us, so better get started. With any luck we'll be in the Laramie Ranch vicinity before it gets too late."
Old 06-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #58
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Lee's group - Update #6

Sylar: Repost of your last update
The opposing trainers looks at you grimly, saying "Well, I gotta admit you put up quite a fight kiddo, and your Charizard seems well trained..looks like you might have a tiny chance of surviving in the forest after all. But still, this battle's far from over..heh heh, just watch!"
The next round of the battle starts, and Liza decided to heat things up a bit. Charging up a large amount of Fire energy in her mouth, she proceeds to release it, and the Heat Wave makes its way towards Hitmonlee, hitting it for a good amount of damage. The Fighting type follows up with a more defensive move, flexing and tightening up its muscles, giving up speed for more physical strength and resistance - Curse. Grinning with confidence, Hitmonlee quickly runs towards Liza - however, your Pokemon is fast to react, flapping her wings to create a vicious whirlwind blowing in her opponents direction. Hitmonlee instantly stops in its tracks, and stands firmly on the ground, toughening up against the winds. As a result, it wasn't knocked down by it, although it had to stop its attack. Liza is fast to act again, as she takes off and flies toward the Fighting type, her tail glowing white with Steel energy. Hitmonlee doesn't make an effort of avoiding the attack - instead, it stands still and raises its left foot, which in turn begins to glow white with energy - a Mega Kick attack! Liza closes in on Hitmonlee, turns around in-flight and hits it with her Iron Tail - however, at the same moment, Hitmonlee extends its left foot and kicks her in the stomach, dealing good damage. As a result of the Iron Tail, Hitmonlee is sent flying a good distance though, landing about 20 feet away from Liza.
This round went rather well for Liza - overall, she used more energy than Hitmonlee, but her two attacks took a good chunk out of her opponents health.
Hitmonlee didn't use quite as much energy - though keep in mind that it used Curse, which means that it is now a bit slower, but also possesses more physical strength.
What are your next orders?

thed3:
The battle between of the giants continues, and neither you and Tsunami nor Aggron is willing to give up just yet. Deciding to start things off with one of the most powerful Water attacks, Tsunami aims his cannons at the Steel type, and lets loose a devastating Hydro Pump, the two streams of water gushing at it. Aggron doesn't just watch helplessly though, as it quickly executes a Double Team attack, creating two clones of itself. While you pray that the attack still hits, your Blastoise is quick to react, adjusting the angle of his cannons so the two streams of water will hit one target each. The Hydro Pump attack crashes into the middle and right hand Aggrons - and you're in luck, as the right hand one was the real one! Even though Aggron only took half of the blow, it still dealt pretty good damage.
Furious, it tries a different strategy now - stomping the ground below it, you hear a distant rumbling, and suddenly, the ground around Tsunami cracks open, and a formation of rocks emerges, trapping the Water type in it. Panicked, Tsunami tries to break the rocks by punching them, and it does work to some extent, however not fast enough to avoid Aggron's next attack - the Steel type stomps on the ground again, this time summoning various shockwaves, which go straight for Tsunami. Unable to escape, the Earthquake attack hits, dealing some damage, but also breaking the Rock Tomb. Aggrons grins at its successful combination, and roars loudly again, and the other Pokemon in the cave again join in to the cheer. Seeing his chance, Tsunami remembers your final attack order, and sends a quick burst of freezing air at Aggron - unable to avoid the swiftly executed Blizzard attack, it has no choice but to take the hit, suffering some damage.
Slowly but surely, the battle seems to be turning to your favor - Tsunami is leading in terms of health, while energy-wise, the two opponents are about equal. Now, will you be able to drive this match home? What are your next orders?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #59
ForeverFlygon
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to ForeverFlygon

Elyra Field:

Lonely Wanderer - Making your way through the port, you decide to follow the masses, as you really don't have a clue yet as to where Atrea city is located. The group of people thins out the further you walk, with people heading off for different places, however, you and a few others soon end up outside the walls, and on the brink of the large Elyra Field.
With both mountains and forests in view, you are quite amazed, however, no city is to be seen. You ask the others, and one of them knows the route to Atrea, however, none of them are actually heading there.
You begin to walk in the directions you have been given, with Lilac fluttering above your head, like happy Butterfree do. Passing by the occasional tree, you hear what you believe is the quarreling of two Spearows. You note some Sentrets that have discovered your presence, and started to chatter with each other, one standing on its tail, observing you. Some hide in their holes, but most of them are intrigued but your bright violet hair, and suddenly, two appear from holes hidden in the grass just a few meters away from you. Lilac jumps at first, however soon realise that they pose no threat to you, and proceed to stay float with a little more grace above your head.
But not everyone likes you that much, unfortunately, which a Furret makes clear by tackling your legs from behind, making you fall down on all four, while the Furret quickly instructs the younger Sentret to get to safety. Then, it turns its head towards you, with, in its own opinion, a menacing grin. Seems like the sayings are true, these pokémon are quite territorial. And most people would only see two options in this scenario; fight, or flee. What will you do?

Shadowshocker - Moving away from the boat in favour of a signpost nearby, you read the direction for the gate that leads out into the wide acres of Elyra field. Appearently, you have to pass one of the more crowded streets in order to make it there
Deciding to hurry so that you get outside the walls before the rest of the passengers on the boat, you quickly start to walk with somewhat hurried paces, and trying to make sure no one snatches anything from your pockets.
Soon, you find yourself outside the gates, with the Laramie Ranch not far away, clearly visible beneath a still rising sun. You start to walk towards it, on what seems to be the closest path. As you come around a small hill, you see young children sitting on the edge of a meter-tall stone wall. As you approach them, you notice how they talk to each other, but become quiet as you get closer. One of them, seemingly the oldest, and certainly the tallest boy, jumps down from his spot, and stands in the middle of the way, hands on his hips with a smile on his face.
"Halt," he says, eyeing you head to toe. "As the waywatcher, it is my duty to find out if you are worthy of attending the ranch. Therefore, I challenge you to a one-on-one duel!" he declares, sounding very cocky in front of his friends. Wondering if there was any possibility of s sillier name to his occupation, you look down at Duskull, as the boy shows the single pokéball on his belt. "Well? What be it? I demand an answer!"
Some of the children still on the bench are now pointing and whispering, and the object of attention is your friend Grim. From the looks of it though, this boy probably couldn't stop you if you really wanted to pass by, however, a battle would be a reward in itself, with some gained experience. What now?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #60
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlygon
Elyra Field:

Shadowshocker - Moving away from the boat in favour of a signpost nearby, you read the direction for the gate that leads out into the wide acres of Elyra field. Appearently, you have to pass one of the more crowded streets in order to make it there
Deciding to hurry so that you get outside the walls before the rest of the passengers on the boat, you quickly start to walk with somewhat hurried paces, and trying to make sure no one snatches anything from your pockets.
Soon, you find yourself outside the gates, with the Laramie Ranch not far away, clearly visible beneath a still rising sun. You start to walk towards it, on what seems to be the closest path. As you come around a small hill, you see young children sitting on the edge of a meter-tall stone wall. As you approach them, you notice how they talk to each other, but become quiet as you get closer. One of them, seemingly the oldest, and certainly the tallest boy, jumps down from his spot, and stands in the middle of the way, hands on his hips with a smile on his face.
"Halt," he says, eyeing you head to toe. "As the waywatcher, it is my duty to find out if you are worthy of attending the ranch. Therefore, I challenge you to a one-on-one duel!" he declares, sounding very cocky in front of his friends. Wondering if there was any possibility of s sillier name to his occupation, you look down at Duskull, as the boy shows the single pokéball on his belt. "Well? What be it? I demand an answer!"
Some of the children still on the bench are now pointing and whispering, and the object of attention is your friend Grim. From the looks of it though, this boy probably couldn't stop you if you really wanted to pass by, however, a battle would be a reward in itself, with some gained experience. What now?
Reflexively, Shadow's hand had almost went for the brochure he had picked up earlier, in a bid to reinspect the text for something mentioning a security force consisting of bunch of kids. Mentally he smacked himself on the forehead for nearly humiliating himself. Granted, his brief visual analysis brought up the estimation that the boy was hardly an intimidating force to be reckoned with, but in terms of trainer skills, he didn't have a lot of experience to back him up. He could just dismiss the boy, but he wouldn't know what to do if things did turn nasty. And, to be honest, trapping a Pichu inside a haversack hardly counted as experience enough to take on a bunch of potentially rowdy kids.

That was that, then, he decided. He would humour the kid until Grim managed to convince the boy otherwise, or a passing adult did it for the Duskull, whichever came first.

"Alright, 'waywatcher'," he declared in goodnatured sarcasm. "You've got yourself a battle."

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 06-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #61
Ollie
Pokemon Trainer

Rudo gazed upon nothing but the sapphire blue expanse that stretched before him, a strong scent of the open sea wafting about his being and inspiring his thirst for travel. His elaborately ringed fingers clutched a sturdy oaken wheel, and below and about him was the bustle of a crew hard at work, maintaining the ship to optimum standards fit for sailing the limitless ocean.

Though in truth, they were not crew but a bustling crowd of sightseers and travellers, all scrambling to exit the ship which had currently made port at Elyra Docks. And the wheel he clutched was not the helm, but an ineffectual ornament adorning the polished hull of the ship - from which Rudo was currently urged to disengage for fear of causing a hindrance to the flow of departing passengers.

"No!" Rudo persisted to defy the authorities insisting that he left, agitated by the distraction, only to shift immediately afterwards having spied a glittering stall that tugged at his temptation upon the land. He slinked through the crowd, mindful of the excessive amount of trinkets that tinkled upon his entire body, glancing at everyone with suspicion as he progressed through the swarm. His velvet burgundy jacket and frilled undergarments was hardly an outfit to combat the heat that beat down upon him, and with the culmination of body heat now encasing him, breathing became increasingly more laborious. By the time he'd nudged and goaded enough people from his path to stumble into the bustling marketplace, Rudo was left gasping for air - perhaps a little more dramatically than needed.

Once his composure was regained, he straightened up, checked his various treasures and inspected his surroundings - now oblivious to what had tempted him down in the first place. It certainly held the air of a typical touristy port, what with a potent scent of fish lingering about the atmosphere and a multitude of families trudging down to the illustrious beaches while encumbered by buckets and deck chairs and various other goods.

Rudo didn't like it here - too many pickpockets, thieves that rivalled himself and threatened to strip him bare of his treasured trinkets. Not to mention his attire displayed a class far too extravagant for the common bustle of a seaside dock. He was already receiving the concerned glances he was now accustomed to.

With a flick of his wrist to expose his ring-embellished hand, Rudo reached for a thin tube that hung from a string tied to his jacket button, and withdrew from it a well-preserved map he had acquired while aboard the ship. His eyes were drawn almost instantaneously towards the section of the map displaying the western desert - a place bound to be rich with tombs and caves teeming with treasures and relics obtainable solely through arduous quests that tested talent to the limit. Though, upon reflection of his most recent and shamefully unsuccessful raid upon a tomb that tickled his fancy, he reconsidered the tactic of rushing blindly towards the unknown.

Alternatively, gracing the map was a location conveying lavishness appropriate for one of his own attire and unruly intentions. Surely the loss of attaining treasure deep within a notorious cavern could be simply compensated for by the mass of revolutionary trinkets undoubtedly on offer within the Atrea Plaza Strip? Rudo grinned enthusiastically, and reinserted the map to its original place upon his being. Breathing in the prospects of adventure, he pressed forward in the direction of Elyra Fields, where his eventual arrival to the "City of Fortune" would begin.

..:.:....:.:..
The Theif The Operator The Sentinel

The Jewel
Old 06-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #62
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar
Re: Lee's group - Update #6

Quote:

Sylar: Repost of your last update
The opposing trainers looks at you grimly, saying "Well, I gotta admit you put up quite a fight kiddo, and your Charizard seems well trained..looks like you might have a tiny chance of surviving in the forest after all. But still, this battle's far from over..heh heh, just watch!"
The next round of the battle starts, and Liza decided to heat things up a bit. Charging up a large amount of Fire energy in her mouth, she proceeds to release it, and the Heat Wave makes its way towards Hitmonlee, hitting it for a good amount of damage. The Fighting type follows up with a more defensive move, flexing and tightening up its muscles, giving up speed for more physical strength and resistance - Curse. Grinning with confidence, Hitmonlee quickly runs towards Liza - however, your Pokemon is fast to react, flapping her wings to create a vicious whirlwind blowing in her opponents direction. Hitmonlee instantly stops in its tracks, and stands firmly on the ground, toughening up against the winds. As a result, it wasn't knocked down by it, although it had to stop its attack. Liza is fast to act again, as she takes off and flies toward the Fighting type, her tail glowing white with Steel energy. Hitmonlee doesn't make an effort of avoiding the attack - instead, it stands still and raises its left foot, which in turn begins to glow white with energy - a Mega Kick attack! Liza closes in on Hitmonlee, turns around in-flight and hits it with her Iron Tail - however, at the same moment, Hitmonlee extends its left foot and kicks her in the stomach, dealing good damage. As a result of the Iron Tail, Hitmonlee is sent flying a good distance though, landing about 20 feet away from Liza.
This round went rather well for Liza - overall, she used more energy than Hitmonlee, but her two attacks took a good chunk out of her opponents health.
Hitmonlee didn't use quite as much energy - though keep in mind that it used Curse, which means that it is now a bit slower, but also possesses more physical strength.
What are your next orders?
After surveying the recent events of the battle, Joe began to formulate a plan in his mind to take down this Hitmonlee, and receive a guide for the forest. After about half a minute, Joe finally had a good idea.
"Okay Charizard, that thing's slower now, so we'll be using that to our advantage. Firstly, we'll be crippling it even more by using a Scary Face to lower it's speed. After that, fly over there, keeping about 10 feet between you and Hitmonlee on the ground, and fly in circles above it's head. Eventually, it's going to have to attack, and with your speed advantage, you should easily be able to avoid it. When it attacks, I want you to unleash a Heat Wave, and then worsen things by using a Slash to slam it back down to the ground. However, if for some reason it doesn't attack and stays put, still use a Heat Wave, but instead of Slash, follow it up with a Smokescreen and fly away back towards me. Got all that?"
Charizard nodded, and turning back towards Hitmonlee, took to the skies once again, and began it's assault on the strange kicking Pokemon.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:44 AM   #63
thed3
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #6

Quote:

thed3: The battle between of the giants continues, and neither you and Tsunami nor Aggron is willing to give up just yet. Deciding to start things off with one of the most powerful Water attacks, Tsunami aims his cannons at the Steel type, and lets loose a devastating Hydro Pump, the two streams of water gushing at it. Aggron doesn't just watch helplessly though, as it quickly executes a Double Team attack, creating two clones of itself. While you pray that the attack still hits, your Blastoise is quick to react, adjusting the angle of his cannons so the two streams of water will hit one target each. The Hydro Pump attack crashes into the middle and right hand Aggrons - and you're in luck, as the right hand one was the real one! Even though Aggron only took half of the blow, it still dealt pretty good damage.
Furious, it tries a different strategy now - stomping the ground below it, you hear a distant rumbling, and suddenly, the ground around Tsunami cracks open, and a formation of rocks emerges, trapping the Water type in it. Panicked, Tsunami tries to break the rocks by punching them, and it does work to some extent, however not fast enough to avoid Aggron's next attack - the Steel type stomps on the ground again, this time summoning various shockwaves, which go straight for Tsunami. Unable to escape, the Earthquake attack hits, dealing some damage, but also breaking the Rock Tomb. Aggrons grins at its successful combination, and roars loudly again, and the other Pokemon in the cave again join in to the cheer. Seeing his chance, Tsunami remembers your final attack order, and sends a quick burst of freezing air at Aggron - unable to avoid the swiftly executed Blizzard attack, it has no choice but to take the hit, suffering some damage.
Slowly but surely, the battle seems to be turning to your favor - Tsunami is leading in terms of health, while energy-wise, the two opponents are about equal. Now, will you be able to drive this match home? What are your next orders?
"Awesome Tsunami!" Thed screamed aloud. His voice echoed in the huge cave since he was the only one cheering for his Blastoise amongst the Aron, Lairon, and other Aggron. The steel pokemon were silent watching their leader battle it out with the turtle.

"We have definitely got to keep up this pace Tsunami or the battle could easily favor Aggron once more."

Tsunami didn't move his gaze from the Aggron as Thed spoke to him. The only notification that Tsunami actually had got the message was a slight wave of a shaka in Thed's direction.

"Ok, then... This Aggron likes to shake stuff up; well so do we! Use Earthquake to give Aggron a dose of it's own medicine. If it tries to get into an Earthquake battle with you instead of playing it's game jump up and Rapid Spin straight towards it. Right before you come into contact with it pop out of your shell and strike it with a Dynamic Punch!"

Tsunami grinned liking Thed's suggestion for the battle. He lifted his foot up ready to pound it into the ground with a mighty force...

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
Old 06-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #64
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Apologies for delay guys. Enjoy!

Dragon - The Crobats look at you strangely, staring at you with expressions you can't quite make out. One raises its wing, and swipes at the air in front of you, causing a mild gust of air to push you backwards. You stumble a bit, but continue to stand and look at the Crobat.

After standing in silence for a few moments, the Crobat nods. "Get on your Pidgeot, and follow me." Without another word, he takes off, and you and Wind soon follow, the other Crobat following behind you, almost like a guard of honour.

You soon find yourself heading to a tall tower, a small window just big enough for your Pidgeot to fit through your destination. Landing inside the room, you gasp in surprise at the sight of a huge number of Zubat, Golbat and Crobat all hanging upside-down. The Crobat in front of you stands before you, ready to speak.

"I am Arcturus, and my clan and I have lived in this place peacefully for generations. This castle you know see used to be an old, abandoned wreck on the outskirts of the Avian Fields, and we dwelt there peacefully. Before she came."

"Camula, she calls her. Camula, the Vampire Queen. Her powers are immense, the likes of which we have never seen before. She transformed this castle into what you see now, and raised it above the skies. I don't know how you passed through her barrier, but perhaps you can help us."

"Deep within the four dungeons of this castle lie ancient treasures. Combined, their powers could force Camula to face you in battle. If you were to win, we would reward you greatly. Beneath this tower lies a stairwell to the Eastern Dungeon, the location of the Soul Mirror. Will you accept our quest?"

Your response?

Lee-San - Before the girl can respond, the man chuckles at you. "Boy, you try my patience in your attempt to stand in my way." Running at incredible speeds, he covers the distance between you and him within moments, grabbing you by the shirt and lifting you off the ground.

Your shirt tightens around your neck, cutting off your airways, and he smirks. "I could end your life in a moment.." He trails off suddenly, a huge tree root erupting from the earth beneath you to strike him in the chest, hurtling him several feet and causing you to drop on your butt.

You look to see what happened, feeling the earth shake under the force of Guts' Earthquake, and are amazed. The girl you rushed in to save is currently holding onto a small green medallion, a small green glow surrounding her. The sound of a screaming snake cuts through the silence as Guts strikes the Arbok with a Bulked Up Dynamic Punch, hurtling it through the air.

The freakishly strong guy stands up, his clothes torn, and for a moment it looks like the skin underneath is black in colour. "Saria, Sage of the Forest! How dare you challenge me? Your pathetic powers!"

The girl speaks, silencing the man in a moment. "Silence, Greed. I won't let you hurt him!" She glows again, vines erupting from the ground to hold the man in place, before she collapses to the ground, unconscious.

Things just keep getting better and better for you, don't they? What will you do?

Dark Fire - You and Drought begin your trek to your new destination, asking around for directions. Luckily enough, a friendly stranger seems willing to help you. "Head through the Elyra Fields, to Auron Village, and from there, up Empyrean Mountain, which will eventually lead you to the Fire Temple. Be careful though, it's not an easy trip."

You thank him, and set out, leaving Elyra Port to enter Elyra Fields. As you trek through the grassy meadows, you hear the sounds of "FAR!" behind you, and turn around just in time to avoid being struck in the face by a leek!

Leaping backwards, you find a Farfetch'd standing in front of you, a small girl behind the bird. She giggles at you, as though attacking you was amusing. "The nice lady in green told me she'd give me a lollypop if I battled you with my Fetchy here," she says, indicating the lollypop she was eating and then the Farfetch'd in front of her.

Your reaction?

Joshua
Old 06-22-2007, 01:44 AM   #65
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Dragon - The Crobats look at you strangely, staring at you with expressions you can't quite make out. One raises its wing, and swipes at the air in front of you, causing a mild gust of air to push you backwards. You stumble a bit, but continue to stand and look at the Crobat.

After standing in silence for a few moments, the Crobat nods. "Get on your Pidgeot, and follow me." Without another word, he takes off, and you and Wind soon follow, the other Crobat following behind you, almost like a guard of honour.

You soon find yourself heading to a tall tower, a small window just big enough for your Pidgeot to fit through your destination. Landing inside the room, you gasp in surprise at the sight of a huge number of Zubat, Golbat and Crobat all hanging upside-down. The Crobat in front of you stands before you, ready to speak.

"I am Arcturus, and my clan and I have lived in this place peacefully for generations. This castle you know see used to be an old, abandoned wreck on the outskirts of the Avian Fields, and we dwelt there peacefully. Before she came."

"Camula, she calls her. Camula, the Vampire Queen. Her powers are immense, the likes of which we have never seen before. She transformed this castle into what you see now, and raised it above the skies. I don't know how you passed through her barrier, but perhaps you can help us."

"Deep within the four dungeons of this castle lie ancient treasures. Combined, their powers could force Camula to face you in battle. If you were to win, we would reward you greatly. Beneath this tower lies a stairwell to the Eastern Dungeon, the location of the Soul Mirror. Will you accept our quest?"

Your response?
Thanks, Josh

Aero watched as a tower got closer with a Crobat infront of and behind him. Wind finally flew into the window that was just big enough for a Pidgeot to fit through. What Aero saw inside was astounding. Hundreds of Zubats, Golbats, and Crobats hanging upside-down. The Crobat that guided him to the tower spoke:

The first thing Aero noticed and was surprised by was the Crobat's ability to speak human. Then to the idea it came from Avian Fields. Wierd.

"Camula, she calls her. Camula, the Vampire Queen. Her powers are immense, the likes of which we have never seen before. She transformed this castle into what you see now, and raised it above the skies. I don’t know how you passed through her barrier, but perhaps you can help us."

Hmm. Vampire, and a queen. She must be powerful to lift something so big. And I'm glad I'm not the only one confused about the barrier.

"Not like I can get out anyway," Aero thought to himself before saying aloud, "I'll need to ask my pokemon." He walked to a corner and released the other 4 pokemon he had. Breeze the Altaria, Sandstorm the Flygon, Gale the Swellow, and Xype the Murkow.

"Okay, we don't really have a way out and the leader of this clan of these Crobat-lines," started Aero, "They want us to help them defeat this 'Vampire Queen.' And get these four artifacts in the process."
"This seems right out of a Ledgend of Zelda game, with this vampire instead of Ganon," said Sandstorm before adding, "Why not? Lets do."
"Yeah, an adventure," answered Gale. "But ask more about the our antagonist, the Vampire Queen."
Breeze sighed, "We don't have a way out. Just ask what they know about Aether."
Xype gave a sadistic smirk, "We're all gonna die, but lets bring this Arcturus along for the ride."
Wind concluded, "So we're going, and Arcturus would know his way around."
"Alright, but let me have a cut of the action," added Sandstorm.
"Fine, Sand. It'll show you it isn't easy." replied Wind.
"Alrighty," Aero finished, putting Wind, Breeze, Xype, and Gale in thier pokeballs. He and his Flygon walked back to the Crobat.

"We disided to help, but first can you answer some questions. One, this Camula, is she... human? Second, we're trying to find where and how the Light Avatar entered Aether. Do you know anything. Finally, you must atleast vaguely know your way around the East Dungeon. So, could you please come with us," explained Aero with a confident smirk. Flygon was equally confident and was looking forward to the adventure, looking at the clouds out the window Wind entered in.

I wonder what the other three actifacts are, pondered Aero before peering at Arctucus.

FB PC
Old 06-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #66
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Lee-San - Before the girl can respond, the man chuckles at you. "Boy, you try my patience in your attempt to stand in my way." Running at incredible speeds, he covers the distance between you and him within moments, grabbing you by the shirt and lifting you off the ground.

Your shirt tightens around your neck, cutting off your airways, and he smirks. "I could end your life in a moment.." He trails off suddenly, a huge tree root erupting from the earth beneath you to strike him in the chest, hurtling him several feet and causing you to drop on your butt.

You look to see what happened, feeling the earth shake under the force of Guts' Earthquake, and are amazed. The girl you rushed in to save is currently holding onto a small green medallion, a small green glow surrounding her. The sound of a screaming snake cuts through the silence as Guts strikes the Arbok with a Bulked Up Dynamic Punch, hurtling it through the air.

The freakishly strong guy stands up, his clothes torn, and for a moment it looks like the skin underneath is black in colour. "Saria, Sage of the Forest! How dare you challenge me? Your pathetic powers!"

The girl speaks, silencing the man in a moment. "Silence, Greed. I won't let you hurt him!" She glows again, vines erupting from the ground to hold the man in place, before she collapses to the ground, unconscious.

Things just keep getting better and better for you, don't they? What will you do?
no problem Joshua, your updates are worth the wait.

Lee slowly got up, rubbing his still hurting throat. Shaking his head, he collected his thoughts, and summarized the situation to himself: apparently, that guy was called Greed, and not only was he freakishly strong, but also amazingly fast. Luckily, the effect of Guts' Earthquake freed him of Greed's grasp, and now he was trapped in vines, thanks to..her. Looking at the unconscious figure lying a few feet away. Greed called her "Saria, Sage of the Forest", and it seems like she possesses maginificient powers..Lee got the feeling that she was a truly important person, and there was no way that he would let Greed harm her any further..he wouldn't let the time Saria bought him with go to waste; he had to get her and himself out of this dangerous situation.

Lee glanced over to the still-trapped Greed..there was no way he could match that guy in physical strength or in speed, and he doubted that even his Pokemon had a chance against him, seeing how he trashed Mekhet..true, Guts' Earthquake had some effect on him, but Lee wasn't gonna take any risks. So the only other option was..to run away.

However, the Arbok that Guts was facing was still around, and would likely follow them if they were to run away, so they had to trap it here somehow, just like Greed..

Suddenly, an idea sprang into Lee's mind. Hurrying over to Saria, he carefully picked her up, and took her piggy-back. He then called out to his Geoude "Guts, listen up! We're gonna have to leave this place now, it's getting to dangerous here, and we need to bring Saria here into safety. So, we need to trap Arbok here..what I want you to do is distract it with a Rock Blast into its face first, and then use Ice Punch onto the ground just below it, which will hopefully encase it in ice a bit, trapping it here. If that doesn't work, at least try to pick it up with your Strength and throw it as far in the opposite direction as you can. Understood?"

Guts nodded approvingly, determined to do what his trainer asked of him.

Taking a Friend Ball and a Fire Ball from his belt, Lee threw the Fire Ball, releasing the Pokemon within - his mighty Arcanine, Najid. Taking in his surroundings, Najid looked worriedly at his companion Guts fighting, and at the unconscious girl his trainer was carrying. The Fire type being his fastest Pokemon, he would be the perfect means to carry himself and Saria. After carefully placing Saria on Najid's back and making sure she wouldn't fall down, Lee looked over his shoulder to Elyra Port. After Guts was done with Arbok, Lee would recall him into his Friend Ball and would then command Najid to run off there, hopefully finding an inn or something where Saria could rest..but then he remembered something. Greed had called Saria the "Sage of the Forest"..

Turning around, Lee fixed his eyes onto a distant forest, just barely visible from where he was now..he had read about it, it was called the Forest of Mystery, fairly dangerous place. Normally, this wasn't the first place to take an unconscious person to, but Saria..Lee felt that she belonged there, being the "sage" of the forest, though what exactly that meant, he had no idea. Lee decided that it was worth a shot, and so, he made his decision.

Climbing on Najid's back and taking his place behind Saria, Lee told his Arcanine: "Alright buddy, what I want you to do is, once Guts is finished and I have recalled him, to run off as fast as you can towards that forest over there..hopefully we'll be safe in it. Understood?"

Arcanine howled, signaling that he had understood.

Lee looked over to Greed, and swallowed hard. He prayed that his plan would work, for all of their sakes..
Old 06-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #67
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Lee's group - Update #7

Note: Ollie, I'm pleased to announce that you are now in my group. Judging by your excellent replies in the Arcane Realm, you know the basic rules, so I'm sure you'll do fine here. I probably can't live up to Tess' updates, but I'll give my best so that you'll have a good time here.

Sylar:
Deciding to harass Hitmonlee a little, you order Liza to do a Scary Face, and she proceeds to do so, making a horrible gesture at the Fighting type, who was just about to launch an attack, but hesitates now, the Scary Face having scared it too much for it to proceed.
After that, your Charizard spreads her wings, and flies towards Hitmonlee. Once near it, she flies upwards a little, keeping a good distance between herself and the Fighting type, and then flies in circles around its head. Impressed by that performance and still a little scared, Hitmonlee can't do anything now but watch.
Grinning at your Pokemon's success, you suddenly hear a booming voice:
"HEY, WHAT DO YA THINK YOU'RE DOING? DON'T STAND THERE SHAKING, ATTACK!"
Obviously, that came from Hitmonlee's trainer, who's looking extremely furious now.
Shaking its head, Hitmonlee focuses again, having overcome its fear, and proceeds to attack. It bends its knees, and then jumps upwards, its left foot extracted, which is glowing white with pure energy. Seeing the Fighting type quickly approaching like that, Liza remembers your orders, and shoots an incredibly powerful blast of superheated air, mixed with tiny flames towards her opponent. Your Charizard executed the attack just in time, as the attack hits Hitmonlee just a few feet away, and it is thrown back towards the ground, having suffered a lot of damage. Not ready to give up yet though, it arises again and looks up towards Charizard, only to see the Fire type rushing down towards it, claws extended for a Slash attack. Knowing that it can't avoid the attack, it simply stands there, gritting its teeth, and Endures the attack. Liza slashes Hitmonlee and deals some damage, though not was much since Hitmonlee used Endure and is still toughened up thanks to Curse.
Suddenly, Hitmonlee starts moving about in an odd fashion while looking tauntingly at Liza. You don't quite get what it is doing, but your Charizard surely does, as it suddenly roars loudly, shooting out flames from its mouth, once of which almost fries you up. Apparently, Hitmonlee attempted a Swagger attack, and succeeded - Liza is now more powerful, but also less likely to obey you.
Liza didn't take any damage this round but used up a good deal of energy. Hitmonlee on the opposite took a large amount of damage, and used a medium amount of energy. All in all, Hitmonlee can't take much of a beating anymore, so 1 or 2 more rounds like this one should finish it off. Though don't underestimate it and its trainer, as they still might have some tricks up their sleeve..what will you do? But keep in mind, your Pokemon might disobey you..

thed3:
The battle between Blastoise and Aggron wages on, and either side could be winning this. You give out your orders, while Aggron just stand there calmly, awaiting your next move.
Deciding to do some Earthquake action yourself, Tsunami stomps on the ground, sending shockwaves towards the Steel type, the same ones that it had to endure before. Unimpressed, Aggron roars, and suddenly a white semi-transparent shield surrounds it, Protecting it. The Earthquake attack crashes in the shield, bouncing off of it harmlessly. Again impressed by their leader's battle prowess, the other cave Pokemon once more start to make a huge uproar.
Grinning, Aggron makes the "Come on!" gesture at Tsunami. Deciding to take up this invitation, your Blastoise retreats into his shell and starts Spinning around Rapidly, heading towards Aggron. The other giant seems unimpressed, and starts collecting energy in its right hand..
Upon reaching Aggron, Tsunami suddenly comes out of his shell again and rises his right fist, attempting to strike it with a Dynamicpunch; looks like Aggron had a similar idea, as it also uses a Dynamicpunch attack. Both Pokemon hit each other, and both are send back flying, Tsunami landing a few feet before you, and Aggron crashing into the wall behind. Still, neither side is giving up yet, as both of them stand up again, panting, but still able to fight.
This battle won't last much longer, as both sides have taken a good hit this round, and both used up some energy. All in all, Tsunami has the advantage in both health and energy, but don't celebrate your victory just yet, as Aggron has proven time and time again that it's not to be trifled with. Now, what are your next orders?

Ollie:
Upon studying your map, you decide that you're going to try your luck at Atrea City, the capital of Elyra. Heading out, you walk through Elyra Port, watching the people around you; some are merchants their wares, others are trainers like you, having just arrived here, looking for an adventure. Still, this small port can't entertain you for long, so you patiently follow the main road leading out of town.
Eventually, you arrive at the city gates and step out into the massive Elyra Field. You are greeted by an amazing view: plains, forests, mountains, small villages, ranches as far as the eye can see. Your destination, Atrea City, is nowhere to be seen though. Looks like it'll be a pretty long walk..
Slightly disoriented, you notice a signpost about 50 metres away, so you walk up to it, hoping to find directions there. The signpost reads:
West: Incura Valley
Ahead: Atrea City
East: Forest of Mystery

So, according to the sign, Atrea should be somewhere straight ahead, behind the horizon..deciding you better start walking now than later, you head out, leaving Elyra Port behind.

Half a day passes with no exciting events whatsoever; neither do you see any Pokemon nor people. The sun is slowly starting to set, so maybe it would be wise to start looking for a place to spend the night. Up ahead, a few kilometres down the road, you can see a few buildings grouped together; a farm maybe, or a small village. Just as you're thinking that you could rest there, you suddenly hear trampling, clattering and neighing behind you. Turning around, you see a Rapidash pulling a wagon with a rather big charging area, which has stopped just behind you. Sitting on the wagon, holding the Rapidashes' reins is a middle-aged man, bearded, wearing typical farmer clothes - and he's looking at you with a grim expression on the face.
"Hey kiddo, watch where you're going, you almost got trampled here! Anyway, let me ride on now, will ya? I need to make it in time.." the man says, while looking kinda uncomfortably.
Looking at him, an idea springs into your mind..though he looks like he's in a hurry, he might take you with him on his wagon. Maybe he's even going to Atrea just like you, but even if he isn't, riding on the wagon for a while doesn't sound too bad. So, what will you do? Ask the man to take you with him? Approach the group of buildings down the road? Or something else?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #68
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Jonouchi ~ This situation just goes from bad to worse for you and Kaio. Having defeated the Corphish in a timely manner its mother appears on the scene looking for a little vengeance. Your attention is drawn away for a moment to check on the young girl and her Skitty, Hannah. Hannah looks up from her trainer to mewl happily nodding her head, thankful that you and Kaio had saved her in time. The young girl smiles bashfully at you. "Thank you mister - look out!" she suddenly shouts as you turn around to see a flash of cyan fly right past your head and hit the wall of a nearby building leaving a sheet of ice there. The Crawdaunt had its claw wide open; had that Ice Beam struck you - you shudder not wanting to think it over. Kaio looks to you with worry, fortunately he had escaped most of the attack, and you could see a small part of his shoulder frozen over though causing him to wince.

You tell Kaio to end try to end this battle quickly and he gives you, "Ya think" look before beginning his attack. A wave of muddy brown water suddenly arose from before him rushing forwards towards the Crawdaunt who raises her claw to attack in response. Striking the water a large ball of white energy rushed forward splitting the wave in half, her Crabhammer effectively canceling out Kaio's attack and dying before it reached the Swampert. Quickly moving to attack once more Kaio opens his mouth wide releasing a similar beam of cyan energy that had nearly struck you earlier. It ricochets off a small wave of water freezing it over as it speeds towards Crawdaunt. She moves to dive underneath the surface but you hear a cry of pain before she disappears completely.

Kaio looks around for its opponent keeping his senses peeled for any sign of her. Suddenly a large wave of water forms from a few meters in front of Kaio rushing towards him. Summoning his defensive abilities he glows a dark brown detecting the move allowing him to dive underwater quickly away from the Surf that unfortunately had nowhere to go but towards the docks. You yell in surprise as the wave crashes down on you pushing you hard onto the wooden flooring of the dock, it felt like you were being crushed by a Snorlax. When the water washes back into the sea you cough and splutter to get the taste of salt from your mouth trying to catch your breath. You slowly sit back up and wince at the pain in your back from the attack. Fortunately the young girl, her father and Hannah had taken your advice and had moved to a safe distance, their jaws wide with shock, and you could see the worry in the young girl's eyes. You hear the shouts of some angry merchants behind you whose stalls had gotten destroyed by the attack.

Kaio and Crawdaunt had both resurfaced and you can see that most of Crawdaunt's tail was frozen from Kaio's Ice Beam. Kaio looked to you with a silent apology in his eyes. Things just aren't going your way today.

Yami Ron ~ You can't help but wince at the weight of the hefty bag Mr. Jacob had given you, sure it had all the essentials you needed for this quest but still. But you reason that it all may be necessary and it was nice of him to given you these items that obviously meant so much to him; he did seem such a kind fellow and Lady Bakura agrees wholeheartedly. Deciding to leave the troublesome kid to the irate Ursaring, thinking over with a snigger at what torture it would exact upon him you choose to follow the path indicated on the map.

Holding up the bird whistle up inquisitively you place it between your lips and play a short sweet sound that Lady Bakura doesn't seem to appreciate, it obviously is only appealing to bird pokemon. Thinking over how much trouble the whistle could be, you wince at the thought of hundred of mad birds after your blood. You give it one last toot before placing it in your backpack nearly falling over in surprise when an unconscious Wingull lands on the ground near you. Looking up you see the Jacob's and Sons sign wobbling, it must had gotten distracted by the whistle and smacked right into the sign. You would definitely need to be careful with that instrument.

You hand the backpack over to Lady Bakura who hefts it onto her shoulders and you place the Feather Ball into your own bag. Walking swiftly out of the alley before anyone notices the Wingull you just unwillingly splattered on the floor you head back onto the beach. Looking to the map it points out that you have to travel across the beach several meters before heading up back to the docks and heading up a path, there should hopefully be a sign indicating the right one. Walking through the warm sands you see several other people enjoying the day sunbathing, some swimming in the calm waters. A couple of trainers are battling each other with a small crowd gathered round to spectate, you can even see a young boy battling what looks to be a wild Chinchou further down the beach, eager for a catch.

A short walk and you spot a sign before a path heading inland. Just as you walk towards it you hear a light feminine voice speaking from behind you.

"Oh what a beautiful Sneasel, I've never seen one that colour before." Turning around you spot a young woman around your age bent down gazing at Lady Bakura with adoration. She notices your gaze and stands up smiling bashfully straightening out her long white skirt and light blue top, her blonde hair falling into her chocolate brown eyes. "You must be a great trainer to have such rare and special pokemon such as your Sneasel, did you catch her here in Elyra?" she asked with interest. "Oh I'm sorry I totally forgot my manners, my name is Rebecca," she states extending a hand, her gold bangles clinking together from the motion. "If it's not too much to ask, would you mind battling me and my pokemon? We've been looking to do some training and it would be good to battle some experienced pokemon. That is if you're not too busy?"
Old 06-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #69
Ollie
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #7

Quote:

Ollie:
Upon studying your map, you decide that you're going to try your luck at Atrea City, the capital of Elyra. Heading out, you walk through Elyra Port, watching the people around you; some are merchants their wares, others are trainers like you, having just arrived here, looking for an adventure. Still, this small port can't entertain you for long, so you patiently follow the main road leading out of town.
Eventually, you arrive at the city gates and step out into the massive Elyra Field. You are greeted by an amazing view: plains, forests, mountains, small villages, ranches as far as the eye can see. Your destination, Atrea City, is nowhere to be seen though. Looks like it'll be a pretty long walk..
Slightly disoriented, you notice a signpost about 50 metres away, so you walk up to it, hoping to find directions there. The signpost reads:
West: Incura Valley
Ahead: Atrea City
East: Forest of Mystery

So, according to the sign, Atrea should be somewhere straight ahead, behind the horizon..deciding you better start walking now than later, you head out, leaving Elyra Port behind.

Half a day passes with no exciting events whatsoever; neither do you see any Pokemon nor people. The sun is slowly starting to set, so maybe it would be wise to start looking for a place to spend the night. Up ahead, a few kilometres down the road, you can see a few buildings grouped together; a farm maybe, or a small village. Just as you're thinking that you could rest there, you suddenly hear trampling, clattering and neighing behind you. Turning around, you see a Rapidash pulling a wagon with a rather big charging area, which has stopped just behind you. Sitting on the wagon, holding the Rapidashes' reins is a middle-aged man, bearded, wearing typical farmer clothes - and he's looking at you with a grim expression on the face.
"Hey kiddo, watch where you're going, you almost got trampled here! Anyway, let me ride on now, will ya? I need to make it in time.." the man says, while looking kinda uncomfortably.
Looking at him, an idea springs into your mind..though he looks like he's in a hurry, he might take you with him on his wagon. Maybe he's even going to Atrea just like you, but even if he isn't, riding on the wagon for a while doesn't sound too bad. So, what will you do? Ask the man to take you with him? Approach the group of buildings down the road? Or something else?
=O Lee-San! I am elated to have been included within your group, of all the people here! I cant help but wonder if this was planned =o. I find the whole situation rather awesome, to be honest, seems you won't be able to get rid of me after all Lee-san, despite the cancelling of the buddy system and all that. Anyway, best get on with the reply, thank you for the lovely update. I couldn't quite get my words out properly in this, so I apologise if my first reply sounds a bit iffy. D=.

It was an inward struggle to restrain himself from veering away from his plan and inspecting the wares displayed and opportunities that could arise from common carelessness, but Rudo managed to limit the path of his haphazard stride solely to the road that led to the City Gates. The scent was a welcome riddance, as was the crammed streets, although part of his mind lamented the loss of the unwary crowds. Yet, typically, little could sidetrack or nag Rudo long enough to cause his decisions to waver and it was with immediate disregard for his abrupt departure that Rudo approached the gates leading out to the illustrious Elyra Fields.

With a majestic pretense that was habitual of Rudo, he took his leave of the Port and discovered a familiar surge of appreciation and astonishment surge through him, as large as that induced by a glimpse of the rarest of treasures. He could only pause for a moment to breathe the taintless air and view what stretched before him, the sea of limitless meadows engraved with winding paths, walls of verdant forests in the far distance, a looming chain of hazy mountains denting the skyline. But no grand and wonderful city.

"Where the bloody hell is it?" Rudo exclaimed, proceeding forwards with uncertain steps and a watchful eye. A signpost neared, to which his sight and course was immediately drawn and his faith in what his map displayed eradicated completely. He laid his hands flat upon its surface as he drew up to the sign, squinting while he surveyed the information. His cry of dissatisfaction was expected and particularly usual of Rudo whenever the necessity for long walks dawned upon him - unsurprising considering the encumbrance he deposited upon his lavishly-dressed being.

He swiveled from side to side, desperate to locate a means with which to transport himself from A to B, or more specifically, miles and miles northwards. As anticipated, none arose. Rudo sighed hopelessly in light of the disappointment, yet he persisted onwards, despite the seemingly impossible distance, past the signpost and along the road that wound through the vivid plains - an incredibly irksome prospect and tiresome journey to be sure.

Due to the noticeable lack of company, whether hostile or not, Rudo had for a long while considered breaking from the road in order to pursue any kind of living creature that graced the limitless grassland. Though in his solitude, Rudo had discovered a sense of tranquility he'd rarely experienced, and he struggled to resist the temptation to frolic through the fields, perhaps construct himself a natural campsite and survive a few nights alone. The chance to do so, in truth, was becoming increasingly more probable as the hours stretched on.

More time passed, and Rudo's boots began to slacken - never had he walked so far and under such conditions, the stretching grasslands had enraptured his attention by now, and his already unstable pace had grown to an almost indiscriminate meander through the field. The rhythmic clink in his attire had begun to engender melodies within his head, jovial songs escaping his lips as he whistled along his way, ignorant of his increasing discomfort and fatigue. He'd become somewhat oblivious after having spent such long hours following a direction which led to a city that became more a fantasy within his mind after having walked there for so long.

Although, Rudo's wayward eye had finally regained focus as he caught sight of a cluster of buildings, a small distance down the road. He cried out with triumph, and quickened his pace in consideration of the descending sun, and his whistling transformed into a joyful hum – which was swiftly disrupted by what seemed to be movement on his tail, accompanied by whinnying and a rattle of rotating wheels.

Rudo spun round elatedly, grateful that his journey now graced him with the company of another being. Sure enough, at his heels was a broad wagon towed by an awe-inspiring specimen of a Rapidash, which was reined by a bearded chap adorning the attire of a typical countryman. Rudo observed him with immediate approval, a kindly-appearing farmer, undoubtedly willing to offer transportation to any wayward traveler he happened across while on his way - a description which, as far as Rudo could tell regarding the sheer remoteness of his journey thus far, seemed to relate to Rudo solely. Although the bleak expression suggested doubtful prospects, Rudo was quick to smile and approach the man.

"Hey kiddo, watch where you're going, you almost got trampled here! Anyway, let me ride on now, will ya? I need to make it in time!" his eyes displayed a discomfort that placed Rudo in quite a convenient position, more so than he felt he was beforehand. Then, almost instinctively, his mind was diverted to the wagon, and more specifically, its contents. He remained standing where he was, beside the Rapidash and before the wagon.

"Well, that's what I call a horse, biggest thing I've seen in ages." He began, a little apprehensive about nearing the horse too much, what with the horn and blazing mane gracing its lean body, "in fact, I might be so bold as to say, that that horse is quite honestly the finest horse I've seen in all my wondrous adventures," in honest truth, it was the only horse he'd seen in all his not-so-wondrous travels, but it impressed him nonetheless. Minding the disconcertment that the man had previously conveyed, Rudo hurried to the point, his eagerness in investigating the wagon's contents increasing by the second. He drew closer to the man, lifting his head upwards to properly address him,

"Now, I think we both have places to go, don't we, and I've every indication to believe that your destination is millions of times more important than my own - although, having met each other out on a road as deserted and immeasurable as this one must mean something, eh? In fact I've reason to believe that fate may have a hand in our encounter, don't you agree?" By now, Rudo was practically resting his chin upon the man's knee, looking up at him with a glare as convincing as he could muster, "So when all's said and done, I think that perhaps my requesting a trip upon your lovely grand wagon is a request that loses all impertinence in light of the fact that you're headed the way in which I too am walking, and my destination is just a little while's ride to that lovely little village over there," he indicated the buildings quite clearly, and returned to face the wagon man with a bright smile. "So what say you, friend? Will you aid a man void of company or rest throughout his trek from Elyra Port to the dazzling capital city? I'm quite the travel companion also; many stories to relay and songs to sing guaranteed to entertain the wariest of travelers." He gave him a short wink, and awaited his response with eager anticipation.

..:.:....:.:..
The Theif The Operator The Sentinel

The Jewel
Old 06-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #70
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Yami Ron ~ You can't help but wince at the weight of the hefty bag Mr. Jacob had given you, sure it had all the essentials you needed for this quest but still. But you reason that it all may be necessary and it was nice of him to given you these items that obviously meant so much to him; he did seem such a kind fellow and Lady Bakura agrees wholeheartedly. Deciding to leave the troublesome kid to the irate Ursaring, thinking over with a snigger at what torture it would exact upon him you choose to follow the path indicated on the map.

Holding up the bird whistle up inquisitively you place it between your lips and play a short sweet sound that Lady Bakura doesn't seem to appreciate, it obviously is only appealing to bird pokemon. Thinking over how much trouble the whistle could be, you wince at the thought of hundred of mad birds after your blood. You give it one last toot before placing it in your backpack nearly falling over in surprise when an unconscious Wingull lands on the ground near you. Looking up you see the Jacob's and Sons sign wobbling, it must had gotten distracted by the whistle and smacked right into the sign. You would definitely need to be careful with that instrument.

You hand the backpack over to Lady Bakura who hefts it onto her shoulders and you place the Feather Ball into your own bag. Walking swiftly out of the alley before anyone notices the Wingull you just unwillingly splattered on the floor you head back onto the beach. Looking to the map it points out that you have to travel across the beach several meters before heading up back to the docks and heading up a path, there should hopefully be a sign indicating the right one. Walking through the warm sands you see several other people enjoying the day sunbathing, some swimming in the calm waters. A couple of trainers are battling each other with a small crowd gathered round to spectate, you can even see a young boy battling what looks to be a wild Chinchou further down the beach, eager for a catch.

A short walk and you spot a sign before a path heading inland. Just as you walk towards it you hear a light feminine voice speaking from behind you.

"Oh what a beautiful Sneasel, I've never seen one that colour before." Turning around you spot a young woman around your age bent down gazing at Lady Bakura with adoration. She notices your gaze and stands up smiling bashfully straightening out her long white skirt and light blue top, her blonde hair falling into her chocolate brown eyes. "You must be a great trainer to have such rare and special pokemon such as your Sneasel, did you catch her here in Elyra?" she asked with interest. "Oh I'm sorry I totally forgot my manners, my name is Rebecca," she states extending a hand, her gold bangles clinking together from the motion. "If it's not too much to ask, would you mind battling me and my pokemon? We've been looking to do some training and it would be good to battle some experienced pokemon. That is if you're not too busy?"
"Heaven.... I'm in heaven. Errrhm, I didn't catch this Sneasel in Elyra. I acquired her way back on the other side of the planet at Cloud Garden's Comet Corner. The Clefairies we met that day.... a marvel it was. It would be my pleasure to duel someone with such a pretty face, Rebecca." (I take her hand and kiss it tenderly)

"Sneeeeeaselll. Snee sneee zel zel!" (Geez, Pharaoh, stop trying to act like a pimp! What would Mana and Ishizu think?)

"Hey, quit ruining my flow, Lady Bakura! Mana and Ishizu know me better than anyone else. I would dare not to offend them. (Turning back to Rebecca) However, I have the feeling that behind your kind smile, Rebecca, is a trainer with incredible skill and possible malice. Would I be wrong? Well there is only one way to find out. Hey, Lady Bakura, you ready to battle?"

Sneasel puts the bag of Farfetch'd treats down and clenches her fists in anticipation. "Sneeeeeeze!" (Born ready!)

"All right then, Lady Bakura, I choose you! Let's show her how accomplished you are."
Old 06-27-2007, 02:54 AM   #71
*DANI*
Boulder Badge

Re: Updates my god updates =o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
Dani: Stepping off of the enormous boat that brought you to the new found world of twilight you stretch your legs and arms to free them of the sea that you've been sailing for what seems weeks, as you gain your composure you smile lightly, your fingers grabbing a nicely fire etched Pokeball, enlarging it you release it into the air, as it bursts open, little embers of fire spark over the ground. Four polished black hooves stomp down to the ground singing the edges of the pavement with their power, as a beautiful mellow neigh rings through the air making the passes by turn their heads to marvel at the beautiful Rappidash that suddenly appears in their little port town. Oooos and ahhs echo as you take place on top of Amber, both of you lapping up the stares as you quickly gallop out of the port.

As you exit the port onto Elyra Field a huge smile appears on both your faces, that crisp clean air of this new world hitting you heavy and wonderfully as you stop and take a second to appreciate the view of new adventures, new people and new pokemon that await you.

Holding on tight to Amber she bucks her legs up into the air a big neigh bellowing from her as you click your heels on her making her instantly gallop at full speed, your destination a fair way away but on amber, it could be instantly, as you start you ride onward you hear something from behind you, not making amber slow down you just turn your head to see a bright blue bolt streak past you, turning your head quick enough you see a blue flamed Ponyta out run Amber who's going her fastest, seeing a rider turn around to look at you, you stare back in disbelief as he shouts out "Faster Sapphire their catching up." Watching him click his heels on his Ponyta you turn around again to see something you thought you'd never see in such a bright town, three shadowy figures , two riding on what seem to be dark Tauros and one in the front on a dark looking Dodrio, standing up on it with a bow and arrow in his hand facing right towards you and the boy in front, who he's aiming at you have no idea but all is answered when a dark bolt of lightning streaks towards you, watching it trail along it hits the boy smack in the shoulder making him fly right off his Ponyta and tumbling for what seems a fair good length on the ground and the bag that he was holding flying towards the opposite side as it flies into a nearby tree, the Ponyta noticing turns back and gallops towards the boy and stands in front of him to protect him from what is chasing you all.

As you turn back around the two shadowy figures seem to be hot on your tail s the leader on the Dodrio seems to be going towards where the bag dropped, as you rush past the boy you have to decide weather to help him or not, what shall you do?
Dani can see the ranch in the distance. It's still a long ride away, but she's happy she'll be there soon to show the Laramie family that she can raise a strong and beautiful Rapidash too. Hearing something she looks around and nearly falls off Amber when she sees a Ponyta with a flaming blue mane and tail galloping past her. Her mouth falls open making her look like a stoned Gyarados because she can't believe what she's seeing - A SHINY PONYTA! When the shock wears off, she can also see the boy riding it seems to be in trouble and is shouting "Faster Sapphire! They're catching up!"

"Who is catching up?" Dani asks herself, looking behind the boy to see who is chasing him and sees three shadowy figures riding what look to be two dark Tauros and a dark Dodrio. Confused, she has strange thoughts in her head. Shiny Pokemon, Dark Pokemon, long sea voyage. The grass in Elyra Field has to be very strong weed and is giving her hallucinations. It's no wonder people say Elyra is a happy place. The next minute one of the shadowy figures fires an arrow that barely misses her and hits the boy in the shoulder that makes him fly off his Ponyta who turns around and gallops back to protect him.

"I'm in a horror movie" Dani says to Amber. "Please tell me you didn't see what I just saw" she asks Amber who is also looking at the fallen boy. "You did, didn't you?" she asks, talking to herself more than to Amber.

Dani can see the boy is in more trouble than she can imagine. She's been in trouble before but nobody has wanted to kill her. Two of the shadowy figures are going after the boy and the other one is going after a bag the boy dropped when he fell. Angry now, Dani isn't going to let them hurt the kid any more or to steal his bag. "Where is Kimmy and her dragons when you need them?" she grumbles.

"We have to help him Amber!" Dani yells, grabbing a Thunder Ball from her belt. Triggering the release, Dani directs the beam at the tree where the bag landed. Jolteon bursts out of the ball, sensing danger and standing rigid with his needle like fur sparking with electricity.

"Keep galloping Amber, as fast as you can straight past the boy and no matter what happens DON'T STOP! I'm going to reach down and grab the boy and pull him up in front of me. You tell his Ponyta to follow us and we'll run straight to Laramie Ranch!"

"Jolty! Use Flash, Thunder Wave the Dodrio, and grab that bag then use Agility to catch up with us and jump up on Ambers back!"
Old 06-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #72
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Since I had some free time today ^^.

Yami Ron ~ You greet Rebecca with a kiss of the hand causing a pale pink blush to creep across her cheeks, what a gentleman you are. She lets her hand linger in yours for a moment before bringing it close to her heart smiling bashfully. You seem enraptured by this young beauty before you letting your gaze linger on hers before Lady Bakura snaps you out of it.

She seems awed at your description of the capture of Lady Bakura. "I have never heard of this place, the Cloud Garden, its name alone sounds wonderful. Elyra is the only place I have known, what it must be like to travel across the different continents, you must be a skilled trainer indeed."

You grin at the compliment and Lady Bakura rolls her eyes at your behavior. You compliment Rebecca back and she smiles a dazzling smile that seems to light up the day even more.

"Skillful I'd hope malice I certainly hope not. Let's begin our battle and you can see then what skill my pokemon and I have to offer."

The two of you take positions several meters away from one another on the beach allowing a fair enough distance for the battle arena. Lady Bakura stands before you ready for battle, not afraid of any challenger this woman would present.

"This will be a one on one battle," she says. "Simply the first pokemon to KO their opponent wins". A young lad roughly 14 years old sees the beginning of the battle and runs up to watch.

"You need a referee guys?" he yells out and Rebecca nods telling him the conditions of the battle.

"Okay. This guy - you tell him your name as well as your pokemon's, "Pharaoh chooses his Sneasel, Lady Bakura to battle, this girl - Rebecca chooses -"

Rebecca calls out her pokemon. "Go Terran" she says sending her pokeball up into the air. The pokemon from within emerged in a flash of blinding white light that quickly dissipated leaving her pokemon, a Sandslash behind. It gave a battle cry out and held its claws out ready to attack.

"Rebecca chooses her Sandslash, Terran to battle; there is no time limit and the use of boosting or healing items is prohibited. Battle BEGIN!" he yells holding up his arms.

"Let's show them we aren't worried about type weakness, Terran go," she says as her Sandslash runs towards Lady Bakura with great speed.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #73
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Jonouchi ~ This situation just goes from bad to worse for you and Kaio. Having defeated the Corphish in a timely manner its mother appears on the scene looking for a little vengeance. Your attention is drawn away for a moment to check on the young girl and her Skitty, Hannah. Hannah looks up from her trainer to mewl happily nodding her head, thankful that you and Kaio had saved her in time. The young girl smiles bashfully at you. "Thank you mister - look out!" she suddenly shouts as you turn around to see a flash of cyan fly right past your head and hit the wall of a nearby building leaving a sheet of ice there. The Crawdaunt had its claw wide open; had that Ice Beam struck you - you shudder not wanting to think it over. Kaio looks to you with worry, fortunately he had escaped most of the attack, and you could see a small part of his shoulder frozen over though causing him to wince.

You tell Kaio to end try to end this battle quickly and he gives you, "Ya think" look before beginning his attack. A wave of muddy brown water suddenly arose from before him rushing forwards towards the Crawdaunt who raises her claw to attack in response. Striking the water a large ball of white energy rushed forward splitting the wave in half, her Crabhammer effectively canceling out Kaio's attack and dying before it reached the Swampert. Quickly moving to attack once more Kaio opens his mouth wide releasing a similar beam of cyan energy that had nearly struck you earlier. It ricochets off a small wave of water freezing it over as it speeds towards Crawdaunt. She moves to dive underneath the surface but you hear a cry of pain before she disappears completely.

Kaio looks around for its opponent keeping his senses peeled for any sign of her. Suddenly a large wave of water forms from a few meters in front of Kaio rushing towards him. Summoning his defensive abilities he glows a dark brown detecting the move allowing him to dive underwater quickly away from the Surf that unfortunately had nowhere to go but towards the docks. You yell in surprise as the wave crashes down on you pushing you hard onto the wooden flooring of the dock, it felt like you were being crushed by a Snorlax. When the water washes back into the sea you cough and splutter to get the taste of salt from your mouth trying to catch your breath. You slowly sit back up and wince at the pain in your back from the attack. Fortunately the young girl, her father and Hannah had taken your advice and had moved to a safe distance, their jaws wide with shock, and you could see the worry in the young girl's eyes. You hear the shouts of some angry merchants behind you whose stalls had gotten destroyed by the attack.

Kaio and Crawdaunt had both resurfaced and you can see that most of Crawdaunt's tail was frozen from Kaio's Ice Beam. Kaio looked to you with a silent apology in his eyes. Things just aren't going your way today.
Ricco watched the events unfold; This definetly wasn't going to be easy. That Crawdaunt was a huge jump in difficulty from that Corphish earlier. The rush of salt water in his mouth and the ranting of angry merchants didn't help either. Ricco saw a bit of sadness in his eyes as Kaio made a silent apology to him.

"Don't worry, Kaio." Ricco said calmly. "We'll beat him, I'm sure of it."

Swampert nods as he prepares for battle.

"Okay...new plan." Ricco thought. "How about we try to keep Crawdaunt in a single spot and try to attack him from there....I have no clue if this will work, but it's worth a shot."

Ricco gets up from the ground as he calls out to Kaio.

"You ready, buddy?!" he shouted. "Use a Whirlpool to drag it into the water. Once it's down, Blast it with a Water Gun. Then if it comes back up, you do the same and hit it with Chocolate Magic! Quickly!!"

Kaio nods as he goes in with his orders.

"I better move away so those attacks don't hit me again...." Ricco said to himself.

Ricco moves away from the dock a little so he won't get hit again.

Quote:
Old 06-28-2007, 08:25 AM   #74
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Yami Ron ~ You greet Rebecca with a kiss of the hand causing a pale pink blush to creep across her cheeks, what a gentleman you are. She lets her hand linger in yours for a moment before bringing it close to her heart smiling bashfully. You seem enraptured by this young beauty before you letting your gaze linger on hers before Lady Bakura snaps you out of it.

She seems awed at your description of the capture of Lady Bakura. "I have never heard of this place, the Cloud Garden, its name alone sounds wonderful. Elyra is the only place I have known, what it must be like to travel across the different continents, you must be a skilled trainer indeed."

You grin at the compliment and Lady Bakura rolls her eyes at your behavior. You compliment Rebecca back and she smiles a dazzling smile that seems to light up the day even more.

"Skillful I'd hope malice I certainly hope not. Let's begin our battle and you can see then what skill my pokemon and I have to offer."

The two of you take positions several meters away from one another on the beach allowing a fair enough distance for the battle arena. Lady Bakura stands before you ready for battle, not afraid of any challenger this woman would present.

"This will be a one on one battle," she says. "Simply the first pokemon to KO their opponent wins". A young lad roughly 14 years old sees the beginning of the battle and runs up to watch.

"You need a referee guys?" he yells out and Rebecca nods telling him the conditions of the battle.

"Okay. This guy - you tell him your name as well as your pokemon's, "Pharaoh chooses his Sneasel, Lady Bakura to battle, this girl - Rebecca chooses -"

Rebecca calls out her pokemon. "Go Terran" she says sending her pokeball up into the air. The pokemon from within emerged in a flash of blinding white light that quickly dissipated leaving her pokemon, a Sandslash behind. It gave a battle cry out and held its claws out ready to attack.

"Rebecca chooses her Sandslash, Terran to battle; there is no time limit and the use of boosting or healing items is prohibited. Battle BEGIN!" he yells holding up his arms.

"Let's show them we aren't worried about type weakness, Terran go," she says as her Sandslash runs towards Lady Bakura with great speed.
"A Sandslash eh, Rebecca? Quite peculiar. Even so, Lady Bakura is only at Level 23 currently and that poses a problem with Ice attack limitations. So we're going to have to have a lot of ingenuity in this battle. Are you up for the challenge, Lady Bakura?"

"Sneeze sneeze...." (Just make sure you pay me what you owe after this match.)

"Sure thing, Lady Bakura. A few Rare Candies goes a long way. Anyways, dodge that Sandslash and hit it with your Bullet Seed! Then follow that up with your Surf attack! Let's speed up the beach erosion process a little bit!"

"Sneasel sel sel!" (Music to my ears, Pharaoh)

"And referee, you can call me Ron. Royal status means nothing in regards to Pokémon battles."
Old 06-29-2007, 02:28 AM   #75
thed3
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #7

Quote:
thed3: The battle between Blastoise and Aggron wages on, and either side could be winning this. You give out your orders, while Aggron just stand there calmly, awaiting your next move.
Deciding to do some Earthquake action yourself, Tsunami stomps on the ground, sending shockwaves towards the Steel type, the same ones that it had to endure before. Unimpressed, Aggron roars, and suddenly a white semi-transparent shield surrounds it, Protecting it. The Earthquake attack crashes in the shield, bouncing off of it harmlessly. Again impressed by their leader's battle prowess, the other cave Pokemon once more start to make a huge uproar.
Grinning, Aggron makes the "Come on!" gesture at Tsunami. Deciding to take up this invitation, your Blastoise retreats into his shell and starts Spinning around Rapidly, heading towards Aggron. The other giant seems unimpressed, and starts collecting energy in its right hand..
Upon reaching Aggron, Tsunami suddenly comes out of his shell again and rises his right fist, attempting to strike it with a Dynamicpunch; looks like Aggron had a similar idea, as it also uses a Dynamicpunch attack. Both Pokemon hit each other, and both are send back flying, Tsunami landing a few feet before you, and Aggron crashing into the wall behind. Still, neither side is giving up yet, as both of them stand up again, panting, but still able to fight.
This battle won't last much longer, as both sides have taken a good hit this round, and both used up some energy. All in all, Tsunami has the advantage in both health and energy, but don't celebrate your victory just yet, as Aggron has proven time and time again that it's not to be trifled with. Now, what are your next orders?
The battle was drawing closer to the end as both titanic pokemon got back to their feet after mutual hits from Dynamic Punches. Thed knew it was do or die time and he gritted his teeth trying to come up with a strategy to end this battle and get back to finding Coconut. Tsunami was faring pretty well so far and it actually seemed he had the advantage for now.

"TSUNAMI!" Thed yelled to his Blastoise.

Tsunami caught off guard by his trainer's outburst looks towards Thed.

Thed clenching his fists grins and says, "Let's win this."

"BLASTOISE!"

Tsunami clenched his hands into a fist as well mimicing his trainer.

"Tsunami get in there quick and up close and let's hit Aggron with a Mega Kick! Afterwards an Ice Beam to Aggron's face! Let's finish this with a great big Hydro Cannon!"

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records