UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

View Poll Results: Favorite Eeveelution?
Flareon 3 10.00%
Jolteon 2 6.67%
Vaporeon 2 6.67%
Espeon 6 20.00%
Umbreon 10 33.33%
Leafeon 2 6.67%
Glaceon 3 10.00%
No way man, none of em. 1 3.33%
Eeveelutions?! What about Eevee... 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
Aw Shucks
Pokemon Trainer

Favorite Eeveelution

I saw this place didn't have any place for people to throw down about their favorite Eeveelution... so you should do that here. Tiering and giving reasons and whatever is encouraged.

Spoiler: show
God Tier

Espeon
Espeon's too modest... that's its problem. It waited until GEN EFFING V to prove that it was, objectively, the best Eeveelution, with that wtfpwn new ability. But you wish you were this airy and elegant.

Flareon
I confess this little guy's god tier mostly becaue he's too cute. It's the flaming fuzz scarf, really...

Upper Tier

Vaporeon
I never gave ol Vappy the time of day until I used it on HeartGold... Maybe I just like bulky Waters.

Leafeon
First I hated all that excessive leafage all about its legs, thought it was overdesigned... then I warmed up to it... Still warming up though.

Mid Tier

Jolteon

Glaceon
I reckon these two go together in the 'I should like them more than I do' group. Jolteon for his spikes and major 'tude, Glaceon for being my favorite type... never got too hyped up about em...

Lower Tier

Umbreon
Dear Umbreon: Plz, plz, plz learn to do something other than glow in the dark. I like yer ears though... Major saving grace.
Not much love, Aw Shux. <3

Bottom Tier

No one... YET!

All in all I think all the Eeveelutions are rad... I just like some a lot better than others.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Mercutio
Banned

This discussion is moot, since Umbreon is objectively the best Eeveelution.

Yeah ok fine.

In terms of design, it is my favourite, and this is basically why I like it. It's minimalist, as opposed to Vaporeon or Leafeon, and its shiny form is of the few that looks like more than two seconds thought was put in to it, despite the fact that very little changes. I don't especially like the design of any of the other Eeveelution; perhaps Espeon or Jolteon, but not by much. Glaceon, imo, looks ridiculous.

In terms of gameplay, I'm afraid I can't really comment as I've not played competitively. Ingame, I usually select Jolteon, but only because I usually carry two Water types with me and Vaporeon isn't really good enough to knock them off the top spots. I suppose that Glaceon is useful because it's a half decent special focussed Ice type, but most of the Eeveelutions are a bit too gimmicky for me.

In the animé, I think that Espeon has probably been used the best. Umbreon was great while it was one of Gary's signatures, but then Darn's Mum got a rubbish one for some reason and it sort of ruined it a bit. Espeon has that recurring character as an owner and is pretty cool. Virgil irritated me; what is the point of a guy with all of the Eeveelutions in a Gen V series? Unless they're planning on putting all of them in the new games as fairly prominent pokémon (perhaps used by rivals), I think they would have been better to use up more of the obscure Gen Vers and bring back some earlier favourites.

I'm stuck in thinking about things in ASB terms to be honest, where Jolteon and Vaporeon are objectively the best, but neither is really much better than competing examples of their type. Flareon is pretty damn excellent for a Fire type. Sadly, Umbreon is fairly shite.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Like Most: Glaceon, Leafeon, Espeon

Not Sure About: Jolteon, Flareon

Like Least: Vaporeon, Umbreon

Ever since Pokémon Conquest, I've leaned towards female Glaceon as my favorite. Pre-Gen IV, my favorite was Espeon, and I still like it, but I'm not a huge fan of that shade of purple on what is largely seen as a cat-like or fox-like animal. Back in GSC, I liked Umbreon second best, but over the years I've fallen out of love with him because of his anime look (which I abhor; those red eyes are ghastly) and annoyance with his rings, once thought quite striking but now considered somewhat stupid-looking.

Still, I like all seven well enough. Even my least favorite designs (Vaporeon and Umbreon) still beat the pants off of half of all Pokémon designs.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
I think the fact that Flareon's the only Eeveelution I have on my (stupidly large) ASB squad speaks for itself.

Flareon > Vaporeon > Leafeon > Jolteon > Umbreon > Espeon > Glaceon

Yes, I know I'm the Fish Guy and love Water-types, but Flareon has been my favourite since Blue. Vaporeon's a close second, because again, Water-type. I honestly have no idea why I prefer Flareon, I think it's the cute factor that drove me to it, and I've just liked it since then.

Leafeon's also really cute, hence why it's third. That and I managed to do relatively well with in back in Gen IV Comp. I'm not going to go into the next three, it's mostly looks in my eyes. Glaceon's last because... well it just looks a bit overdesigned. The ears look a bit stupid in my opinion, plus it disappointed me with its stats and movepool when I wanted to use one in comp.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
Char
Banned

I love Vaporeon and it was my first level 100 ever. Pokemon Red.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:01 AM   #6
deoxys
Fog Badge

Umbreon > Glaceon > Jolteon > Leafeon > Espeon > Vaporeon > Flareon

People need to remember their spoiler tags lest they incur Kuno's wrath.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
Mercutio
Banned

Ah, democracy.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Ah, democracy.
You say that, but this poll is designed only to find out who most people rank 1st. It doesn't give a weighted ranking nor does it ask which one people rank #1 worst. Just by going off of the texted posts, we have Umbreon in 7th place, 1st place, 7th place, 5th place, not specified, 6th place, and 1st place. The number of texted posts don't line up with the number of poll button votes, obviously, and Umbreon's currently leading there by a handsome margin, but my point is that if you were to get every single poll button voter to also post a text post and rank all seven Eeveelutions, I suspect we'd find that most people who don't vote Umbreon into 1st place vote it very near to last place. (5th and 6th are a lot closer to 7th than they are to 1st, going by the text vote examples.)

To properly assess how the community feels about the various Eeveelutions, you'd want to ask them to rank them all from 1 (best) to 7 (worst), and then you could utilize a Condorcet system of voting to determine who the community, as a whole, overall likes best and overall likes least.

>and then that poll crowns Leafeon the winner and Jolteon the loser

*confused frowns had by all*
Old 03-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Umbreon>Leafeon>Jolteon>Espeon>Vaporeon>Flareon>Gl aceon

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I will fucking murder all of you

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
If I were to rate the evolutions(I do like Talon's idea about the Condorcet system), then I would rate them like this:

1. Glaceon. I like Glaceon because of its very clean design. Only a couple shades of blue, very little in the way of extraneous details(something Gen IV seemed to love) and finally a great proportioned body. It looks real. This looks like it could be an actual animal. Even its competitive uselessness doesn't faze me.

2. Leafeon. The color scheme on this one is great. It really helps it out. I don't like the excessive details on the legs and that odd looking tail. That keeps it from tying with Glaceon. I really liked the 4th gen eeveelutions a lot.

3. Espeon. Another very clean Pokemon design. This is a close one with Leafeon, but the ears kill it for me. They are way too big. Especially since it doesn't need big ears anyways. It also is a little too thin.

4. Flareon. A big favorite among some UPN members, this was the eeveelution that I always picked when I played Red. This another great design, with the big poofy tail and man and the strong red coloring. It is a great eeveelution....I just like others better.

5. Vaporeon. And this is where it goes from liking to disliking. I don't really like this one. It is a little too much detail. The rather big head fin makes the head seem so much larger. And whenever this Pokemon's tail is not wrapped around its body, you see how weird it looks. It doesn't have a good shape for me. It was like trying to mix together an ancient sea creature with a land animal. And it didn't look.

6. Jolteon. This is a case where excessive details on the wrong body type ruin it. Jolteon may have bad-ass spikey fur, but it doesn't work well for it. It ends up looking way to thin. Way to thin. The spikes tend to make it's body seem massive compared to its legs when looking at from certain angles as well. It was a great idea, just not implemented well.

7. Umbreon. My least favorite. This design really goes to show that bad body parts can ruin as design. It ears and tail are terrible looking. It looks like it could fall off any minute. The whole "thicker in the middle" thing looks terrible. It's body is also not very good. It always looks like a weird animal. It doesn't look fluid to me like Glaceon or Espeon do. It just looks odd. The rings on its head and legs don't do it any favors either.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
Mercutio
Banned

I'm not going to get in to the details of voting theory and electoral systems, but that system is not particularly good. What we're using here is basically single member plurality, which is about as minimal as democracy can get according to a fair few scholars, but it is still democracy.

Also I was being facetious :p
Old 03-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Huh, actually ranking them all?

Umbreon>Vaporeon=Glaceon=Jolteon=Espeon=Leafeon=Fl areon=Eevee

Wait... Fuck. This is what happens when I'm honest? Dayuuum.

I honestly adore them all. This thread makes some interesting examples about differences in opinions, though- For example, blaze dislikes Umbreon for the exact same reason I love him so much- his unique shapes and patterns.

That said, why is there no 'all of them' option to pair off with the 'none of them' option?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
I'm not going to get in to the details of voting theory and electoral systems, but that system is not particularly good.
Yeah, I sure would hate to trust the #1 voting system implemented by pirate parties across Europe yet the one that no world government implements since it would destabilize their own positions of power. Must be a terrible, terrible system. One has to wonder what those fools over at Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu, and the Wikimedia Foundation are thinking. Fools, the whole lot of them.

You don't have to get into the debate, but when you invite it, you forfeit all bitching rights when people join you on the dance floor.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #15
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Jolteon > Vaporeon > Espeon > Umbreon = Flareon > Glaceon = Leafeon

Oh wow Nick thinks that the Electric type evolution is the best? Shocker.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #16
deh74
Noted homosexual

Umbreon is my love! Then second place would be Vaporeon, then jolteon, then glaceon, then the rest.

PASBL
The Whistling Sound of Impending Doom.

deh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #17
Debonair
Pokemon Trainer

Dragonair

My favorite Eeveelution is Glaceon. ^_^ So graceful.
affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth...
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #18
Dylan_Cypher
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan_Cypher Send a message via MSN to Dylan_Cypher Send a message via Yahoo to Dylan_Cypher Send a message via Skype™ to Dylan_Cypher
I walk in here to talk about a subjective favorite and see a political debate. Huh? Oh well. My personal favorite is Umbreon but I'm biased 1) Because I love the hell out of Dark types. 2) I haven't really ever been able to use Glaceon or Leafeon.

I like the look of Glaceon so I've been planning to have one in my party at some point.

Going back to the Gen 1 of the original three my favorite is and has always been Vaporeon.

BTW: Talon? Why so serious!?
Dylan_Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #19
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
I heavily approve of these poll results.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #20
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_Cypher View Post
BTW: Talon? Why so serious!?
Welcome to UPNetwork. Where Talon takes everything seriously.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #21
Toyo
hail

Clearly, none of you find the original the best. ;-; SUCH A POOFY TAIL SQUEEE The same could be made for Flareon, but that tail is more fiery and death and stuff.

But other than that Leafeon > Vaporeon = Glaceon > Umbreon > Espeon > Jolteon > Flareon
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON