UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:38 AM   #51
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Jamil: Deciding the best course of action is to put as much distance between Glameow and Electrike as possible, you try to calm the cat before racing into the street in search of a Pokémon Centre. Calling for Zubat to follow, he begins to move in your direction when Electrike lunges for him from behind, tackling him to the ground. Even though you've spied Mediville's Pokémon Centre several buildings down the street and are perfectly able to make it there with Glameow, you can't exactly leave Zubat to fend for himself against the stubborn dog...
Old 09-23-2007, 03:18 AM   #52
Jamil
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Jamil

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress

Jamil: Deciding the best course of action is to put as much distance between Glameow and Electrike as possible, you try to calm the cat before racing into the street in search of a Pokémon Centre. Calling for Zubat to follow, he begins to move in your direction when Electrike lunges for him from behind, tackling him to the ground. Even though you've spied Mediville's Pokémon Centre several buildings down the street and are perfectly able to make it there with Glameow, you can't exactly leave Zubat to fend for himself against the stubborn dog...
(I actually meant Zubat would return to it's Pokeball. >_< .Anyway, I believe it was my fault that I couln't make you understand)

"There it is!" Jamil muttered to himself after spotting the Pokemon Centre. He prepared himself to make a dash but it didn't take long to cancel his run. The Electrike was finally able to avenge Zubat by knocking him onto the ground that made Zubat shriek. Seeing this Jamil's mind went blank. He began to shake with a mixture of fury and fear.

"This is insane!" Jamil shouted to the dog. Electrike looked as though it had more scores to settle with Zubat. He had no idea that Pokemons can be so irritating and was making head jam up with thoughts: Zubat, injured Glameow, mad Electrike, what to do, injured Glameow...

"Chill, don't get freakened out," he thought to comfort himself among the immense pressure resting on his shoulder. Exhaling deeply Jamil said,"Alright Zubat, try pulling off another Supersonic and if it does not affect Electrike use another. Then return to your pokeball. We are going to make a run for it." Jamil cravely desired to fight the Electrike but he was more concered with the Glameow, so he wanted to get to the Pokemon Centre as fast as possible.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #53
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Jamil: Clearly stating your intentions in order to avoid any misunderstanding/misinterpretation/confusion will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Frustrated beyond belief by Electrike's unwanted attention, you're quick to relay your instructions to Zubat who immediately releases his high pitched screech straight into the electric dog's face. Electrike is now utterly confused, racing around in circles and chasing its own tail, giving you the opportunity needed to recall Zubat to his Pokéball. Relieved to finally have a chance to escape, you race toward the Pokémon Centre only to find yet another dilemma at hand. The loud shriek of a whistle draws your attention, and upon looking to see where the noise is coming from you see two police officers, one of whom is running after you yelling, "STOP!", while another is standing with a little girl who has tears streaming down her face while pointing at you in an unmistakable accusatory fashion. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the little girl believes you are trying to steal her Glameow and that it's going to take some fast talking to get you out of this one...
Old 09-29-2007, 05:39 AM   #54
Jamil
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Jamil: Clearly stating your intentions in order to avoid any misunderstanding/misinterpretation/confusion will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Frustrated beyond belief by Electrike's unwanted attention, you're quick to relay your instructions to Zubat who immediately releases his high pitched screech straight into the electric dog's face. Electrike is now utterly confused, racing around in circles and chasing its own tail, giving you the opportunity needed to recall Zubat to his Pokéball. Relieved to finally have a chance to escape, you race toward the Pokémon Centre only to find yet another dilemma at hand. The loud shriek of a whistle draws your attention, and upon looking to see where the noise is coming from you see two police officers, one of whom is running after you yelling, "STOP!", while another is standing with a little girl who has tears streaming down her face while pointing at you in an unmistakable accusatory fashion. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the little girl believes you are trying to steal her Glameow and that it's going to take some fast talking to get you out of this one...
"Good," Jamil commented in a satisfied way as he saw Zubat success in attacking Electrike. He raised Zubat's Pokeball while seeing the extremely confused Electrike attempting to catch it's own tail, as a result it was circling. Jamil's lips curved a bit but swiftly turned around as Zubat entered it's Pokeball.

"Well done buddy," he whispered as he kissed the Pokeball with his dry lips. Instantly he set off for the Pokemon Center. While running he realised that he was being called as he heard a sharp whistle and hurrying footsteps getting clearer and clearer."Stop," Jamil heard making him to look behind. A police approaching him, came into his view. The police was undoubtedly addressing him, thinking this he turned his body and noticied another police and a girl who was pointing at him, clearly she thought Jamil stole her cat.

The police came near Jamil but before the police opened his mouth Jamil spoke as swiftly and as loudly as he could "Look, this is an injured Glameow. I saw it was attacked and helped it escape from a mad, aggresive Electrike which you can find right over there." He pointed to the place where Zubat fought Electrike. "And now I am taking it to the Pokemon Center as it requires medication at the moment. And I am a pokemon trainer. Here is my Pokedex," he took out his high-tech Pokedex from his side pocket to showed it to the Police. "I won't oppose if I have to hand Glameow over." Jamil now looked at the girl "If you are it's owner you can communicate Glameow to check whether I am telling the truth." Jamil said with a fake courageous voice.

Infact there a strange chilling wave was flowing through his body. He was trying hard to resist negetive thoughts coming to his mind. "What if Glameow betrays me? What if the Electrike has left the place? What if my Pokedex is suddenly broken?" Jamil gulped as such thought began to fill hs mind. "P-p-please!" Jamil suddenly stuttered with a pleading voice.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #55
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Jamil: Before allowing the police officer to say anything, you quickly explain the situation, pointing toward the extremely confused Electrike who is now barking madly at the large oak tree. The officer's expression softens while you explain causing a feeling of relief to flow through you as it becomes apparent that he believes your story.

"Well, well, this changes things then," the officer replies. "You're a hero lad! Coming to the rescue of a Pokémon in trouble when you could have just as easily walked by and let them alone."

When the female police officer walks over with the girl, the first officer explains the situation which puts a smile on the little girl's face. Walking over to you, she takes Glameow from your arms, hugging it so tightly its eyes begin to bulge.

"Thank you for helping me, mister," she says, reaching into her pocket and pulling out a small item while she talks. "Princess got scared when I tried to give her a bath and she ran away. I don't think she liked the water..."

The little girl's voice trails off as it's pretty obvious she's just happy to have her kitty back and doesn't know what else to say. She then sprays Glameow with the item she'd removed from her pocket, and within seconds Glameow's paralysis begins to wear off. The cat nuzzles up to the girl who giggles, and the police officers, happy to see there is no trouble to be found, leave the two of you alone.

"I want you to have this," the girl says, reaching into her pocket again and this time pulling out a shiny little Star Piece before handing it to you. "My daddy gave it to me for Christmas and he says its worth a lot of pennies but because you helped Princess he'll understand why I gave it to you. Thank you for helping us."

The little girl then turns and walks off down the street with Princess wrapped tightly in her arms. While watching her walk away you can't help but wonder what other kinds of adventures await you when the first few minutes of your very first one had almost landed you in jail...

You're now replying well enough to leave the Arcane Realm and travel in a main zone of your choice, so upon replying to your update UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, or Bulbagarden's Cascadia are available to you. For the time being you may only choose one to adventure in, but that should be changing very soon. Good luck with your future adventures, and have fun ^-^
Old 10-04-2007, 01:16 AM   #56
Jamil
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Jamil: Before allowing the police officer to say anything, you quickly explain the situation, pointing toward the extremely confused Electrike who is now barking madly at the large oak tree. The officer's expression softens while you explain causing a feeling of relief to flow through you as it becomes apparent that he believes your story.

"Well, well, this changes things then," the officer replies. "You're a hero lad! Coming to the rescue of a Pokémon in trouble when you could have just as easily walked by and let them alone."

When the female police officer walks over with the girl, the first officer explains the situation which puts a smile on the little girl's face. Walking over to you, she takes Glameow from your arms, hugging it so tightly its eyes begin to bulge.

"Thank you for helping me, mister," she says, reaching into her pocket and pulling out a small item while she talks. "Princess got scared when I tried to give her a bath and she ran away. I don't think she liked the water..."

The little girl's voice trails off as it's pretty obvious she's just happy to have her kitty back and doesn't know what else to say. She then sprays Glameow with the item she'd removed from her pocket, and within seconds Glameow's paralysis begins to wear off. The cat nuzzles up to the girl who giggles, and the police officers, happy to see there is no trouble to be found, leave the two of you alone.

"I want you to have this," the girl says, reaching into her pocket again and this time pulling out a shiny little Star Piece before handing it to you. "My daddy gave it to me for Christmas and he says its worth a lot of pennies but because you helped Princess he'll understand why I gave it to you. Thank you for helping us."

The little girl then turns and walks off down the street with Princess wrapped tightly in her arms. While watching her walk away you can't help but wonder what other kinds of adventures await you when the first few minutes of your very first one had almost landed you in jail...

You're now replying well enough to leave the Arcane Realm and travel in a main zone of your choice, so upon replying to your update UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, or Bulbagarden's Cascadia are available to you. For the time being you may only choose one to adventure in, but that should be changing very soon. Good luck with your future adventures, and have fun ^-^
It was slightly unexpecting for Jamil that everything would go positively in situation like this. Electrike was barking at the tree, utterly confused and this satisfied the police into believing the truth. It was better when the police praised him for his deeds. He just smiled and avoided eye contact having nothing to say actually.

The girl took Glameow from his hand and hugged it tightly. Thanking Jamil she reached for her pocket and took out a bottle: this made Jamil remember his Pokedex. He was still holding it, and found that it was covered in sweat. The girl sparyed the chemical from the bottle over Glameow while Jamil clicked his Pokedex and the picture of the cat appeared. The Pokedex sounded "Glameow, the catty Pokemon,...." Jamil closed the Pokedex before the description was finished, as he saw the polices leave from the scene making the environment more comfortable for him. Jamil looked at the Glameow and smiled but also hoped she with her owner left him as well and fast because he had a plan.

The girl spoke and tooked out a star shaped item that seemed to be expensive. It was confirmed when she gifted that to Jamil saying that "its worth a lot of pennies." Not hesitating he took the Star Piece as he believed that it was his prize for the pressure he handled. "Thanks!" Jamil softly said and the girl turned back taking Glameow away with her. So much trouble have been faced for that little cat, Jamil thought. "And talking of trouble," Jamil whispered and eyed the Electrike once more.

He looked around, "I suppose you don't have an owner as well" said Jamil with an evil sneer. "Alright Zubat, come out, we have some unfinished business" he said as the Pokeball released a light once again revealing Zubat. "Use Fly, then Supersonic followed by another Fly. You have the right to take revenge." Jamil acted somewhat cunning that he usually shouldn't have.

Thanks a lot for giving me the permission to visit the mainstream zones and for the updates so far. I am continuing this story a bit. Thank you
Old 10-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #57
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Jamil: People are usually happy to get out of here, but meh, if you want. Only to the end of this battle though, as the Arcane Realm isn't designed for long term updating.

Her business with you finished, the little girl walks off and it's only then you realise that you didn't even catch her name. Perhaps you'll meet up with her again one day, and if so you can always ask her then. Turning back to Electrike who is still barking madly at the old oak tree, you're not only looking forward to taking it up on its previous challenge, but rather eager to teach it a lesson. Relaying your instructions to Zubat, he immediately Flies high into the air, flitting about above the tree for a moment before swooping down and ramming the electric dog and knocking it off it's feet. The shock from the impact shakes Electrike out of its confusion, and while it looks around looking for its attacker Zubat releases another high-pitched scream. The deafening Supersonic doesn't do wonders for Electrike's sensitive ears, once again causing it to enter a confused state of mind, but even though its confused, it still recognises Zubat from earlier. Shaking its head in an attempt to rid itself of the confusion, it then tries to focus upon Zubat, lunging forward and out of pure luck Tackling your leathery winged companion to the ground. Zubat flaps his wings rapidly, an act Electrike doesn't seem too fond of considering they're whacking it in the face, and moves backward allowing Zubat to escape. Flying high once again, Zubat circles around the tree and descends again, attacking Electrike with Fly before being hit with its Thunder Wave. Zubat falls to the ground, shuddering as his body is wracked with unwelcome electrical energy...
Old 10-05-2007, 04:55 AM   #58
Jamil
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Jamil: People are usually happy to get out of here, but meh, if you want. Only to the end of this battle though, as the Arcane Realm isn't designed for long term updating.

Her business with you finished, the little girl walks off and it's only then you realise that you didn't even catch her name. Perhaps you'll meet up with her again one day, and if so you can always ask her then. Turning back to Electrike who is still barking madly at the old oak tree, you're not only looking forward to taking it up on its previous challenge, but rather eager to teach it a lesson. Relaying your instructions to Zubat, he immediately Flies high into the air, flitting about above the tree for a moment before swooping down and ramming the electric dog and knocking it off it's feet. The shock from the impact shakes Electrike out of its confusion, and while it looks around looking for its attacker Zubat releases another high-pitched scream. The deafening Supersonic doesn't do wonders for Electrike's sensitive ears, once again causing it to enter a confused state of mind, but even though its confused, it still recognises Zubat from earlier. Shaking its head in an attempt to rid itself of the confusion, it then tries to focus upon Zubat, lunging forward and out of pure luck Tackling your leathery winged companion to the ground. Zubat flaps his wings rapidly, an act Electrike doesn't seem too fond of considering they're whacking it in the face, and moves backward allowing Zubat to escape. Flying high once again, Zubat circles around the tree and descends again, attacking Electrike with Fly before being hit with its Thunder Wave. Zubat falls to the ground, shuddering as his body is wracked with unwelcome electrical energy...
Electrike's Thunder Wave didn't surprise Jamil at all. He had already taken preparatory actions for it: when he saw Zubat tackled onto the ground, he made his mind not to take any risk. Immeditely before anything happened Jamil took off his bag and searched for a Parlyz Heal and an empty Pokeball. Finding them, he zipped close the bag and grabbed the Parlyz Heal with his left hand and the Pokeball with the other. Jamil starts crawling to approach Zubat, trying his best not to make any sound or to distract Electrike anyhow.

"I am coming buddy. Let me heal you. Then use Fly twice followed by a Supersonic." Jamil almost whispered so that Electrike avoids him. Whatever happens after Zubat uses those attacks, Jamil decided he will throw the Pokeball to catch Electrike anyway. If that does not work he will use another pokeball. Hoping his best that Electrike's confusion lasts he keeps crawling...

Thanks, that was a bit inspiring somehow. Anyway, my next reply is going to the last, I promise. Another question, does usage of Parlyz Heal counts as a move?
Old 10-06-2007, 01:27 AM   #59
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Jamil: Depends on the updator. Some will count the use of potions as a move, others won't. I'm personally not bothered one way or another so won't count it.

Praying that Electrike's confusion will last long enough for you to heal Zubat, you drop to the ground, slowly crawling over to your teammate hoping that your actions won't attract the electric dog's attention. Luckily Electrike is once again chasing its tail giving you just the chance you need to spray Zubat with the Paralyz Heal you'd brought with you. The paralysis immediately begins wearing off and a moment later Zubat is airborne, circling once more around the tree before swooping in to attack Electrike with Fly. The hit knocks the dog out of its confusion and it immediately fires off another Thunder Wave, but Zubat is thinking ahead and has already begun circling the tree for his next attack. The thin tendrils of electricity hit the tree, missing Zubat who swoops down only to be met head on with Electrike's Tackle. Both Pokémon fall to the ground and while Electrike pounces for Zubat, pinning him beneath it, Zubat opens his mouth wide and screams out his Supersonic point blank to Electrike's face. This poor puppy has had its senses completely and utterly assaulted today, confusion once more seeping into its mind. Electrike stumbles, allowing Zubat to escape before it turns around and runs straight at the old oak tree, Tackling it and knocking itself out in the process. Level up for Zubat. Seeing your chance, you throw the empty Pokéball you've been holding and watch while the ball bounces off Electrike, the red capture beam shooting out of the ball and sucking Electrike inside. The ball drops to the ground, and with Electrike unable to attempt breaking free, the capture light turns green only a second later signalling your successful capture of a Lv.4 male Electrike...

And with Electrike's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, so upon relying to your update you're free to pick up an egg should the urge strike. Good luck in other zones, and have fun ^-^
Old 10-07-2007, 12:42 AM   #60
Jamil
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Jamil: Depends on the updator. Some will count the use of potions as a move, others won't. I'm personally not bothered one way or another so won't count it.

Praying that Electrike's confusion will last long enough for you to heal Zubat, you drop to the ground, slowly crawling over to your teammate hoping that your actions won't attract the electric dog's attention. Luckily Electrike is once again chasing its tail giving you just the chance you need to spray Zubat with the Paralyz Heal you'd brought with you. The paralysis immediately begins wearing off and a moment later Zubat is airborne, circling once more around the tree before swooping in to attack Electrike with Fly. The hit knocks the dog out of its confusion and it immediately fires off another Thunder Wave, but Zubat is thinking ahead and has already begun circling the tree for his next attack. The thin tendrils of electricity hit the tree, missing Zubat who swoops down only to be met head on with Electrike's Tackle. Both Pokémon fall to the ground and while Electrike pounces for Zubat, pinning him beneath it, Zubat opens his mouth wide and screams out his Supersonic point blank to Electrike's face. This poor puppy has had its senses completely and utterly assaulted today, confusion once more seeping into its mind. Electrike stumbles, allowing Zubat to escape before it turns around and runs straight at the old oak tree, Tackling it and knocking itself out in the process. Level up for Zubat. Seeing your chance, you throw the empty Pokéball you've been holding and watch while the ball bounces off Electrike, the red capture beam shooting out of the ball and sucking Electrike inside. The ball drops to the ground, and with Electrike unable to attempt breaking free, the capture light turns green only a second later signalling your successful capture of a Lv.4 male Electrike...

And with Electrike's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, so upon relying to your update you're free to pick up an egg should the urge strike. Good luck in other zones, and have fun ^-^
Fortunately Jamil did reach Zubat and was able to spray the liquid inside the bottle safely. While Electrike resumed it's anger on it's tail again, Zubat, though slightly exhausted prepared itself for the battle and rose above the oak tree and charged the Electrike but knocking it out of the confusion state of it's mind. Electrike shoots the blue Thunder Wave again but misses it's target. Zubat attacks with Fly again but, the enraged Electrike tackles Zubat simultaneously making the both fall on the ground. Unfortunate for the green dog who pinned Zubat beneath it, enters it's disoriented mind fourth time of the day as Zubat uses Supersonic right into it's face, releasing Zubat and collides itself straight onto the tree and immediately all it's enregy wears off. Jamil waiting so long throws the Pokeball aiming the poor Electrike. The dog tries hard to escape but it fails.

Jamil looks at the Pokeball, still not believing he like many other has captured a Pokemon on first attempt. He didn't shout but walked straight to Zubat first. "You were great, buddy." The bat not saying anything rested itself on Jamil's shoulder. "So we have a new friend now," said Jamil rather ironically approaching the Pokeball and picking up and examining it. "Do you think it would like me?" he questioned Zubat. Zubat made it's usual shrieky voice meaning 'probably'.

"Thanks God, now we are out of this..." Jamil looks around the marvellous town, so much has occured here. Jamil's first adventure was not ordinary, he had almost ended up in jail. He smiled and nodded to himself and after several seconds he walked off

Thanks Madam Tess for giving me the permission to visit Egg House. Bye Arcane Realm.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #61
Coordinator
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Coordinator: With Psyduck caught up in Saturn's Leer, you see now to be the perfect opportunity to stop the little duck from getting away. Saturn listens intently, never allowing his gaze to leave Psyducks, while you instruct him on what to do next.

Nodding his understanding, Saturn spins his tail like that of a propellor which helps to boost him forward quickly. Making a fist, he Pounds Psyduck square between the eyes knocking it onto its behind. Landing in the water with a small splash, Psyduck is looking rather confused, before its expression slowly changes to one of annoyance followed by one of anger. It's unsure of why it's being attacked and has had enough. Regaining its feet, Psyduck stares Saturn right in the eye before reaching out and swatting him with a Scratch attack.

Well it certainly appears your plan has worked, as you have Psyducks full attention now...
Angered by Psyducks strong determination for his defeat, Toko waits there eagerly, in command of his best friend and master, Snow, seeking for his next attack to defeat the Psyduck and assure for its capture. The Scratch attack lead by Psyduck was quite unexpected for Toko, because he was sure that the pounded fist had done enough damage to Psyduck for a pure capture, but unfortunetaly that wasn't the case and even so that's what Toko likes, someone to keep him focused and interested.

Amazed at his pokemon's strong determination, Snow makes himself ready for the next set of attacks inching him closer to the defeat and capture of the wildered Psyduck. This is it Toko thinks, the final showdown, one for one, and all for all. Eagerly awating the next 5 words that come out of Snow's mouth, he digs his toes into the sand making himself even more ready than before. "Toko, this is it! You know what i'm thinking and I know what you're thinking, it's all in the communication, so you better listen up my little friend, we're gonna get us that Psyduck if it's the last thing we do!" and Snow goes on.. "Now Toko, we don't want Psyduck to know what we're thinking.. so I want you to make this as unexpected as you can, just stare as Psyducks eyes and don't look anywhere else, ok?" and Toko replies in his waspy voice "Treeeckoo! Treeckiititi!" Snow goes on in his words "Go for it, I want you to go for it by getting as close as you can to Psyduck, and once you do that, jump back, and gear around confusing this little guy. And once that's done, hit him with one hard pound!"
Old 11-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #62
Shinjara
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Shinjara Send a message via MSN to Shinjara

Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in DeepSkyBlue

As you issue commands to Toko, he looks back at you and nods before staring right into Psyduck's eyes. Psyduck, at first, is completely baffled by this and frowns. Toko continues to stare, and Psyduck begins to get irritated. Toko begins to edge forwards closer toward Psyduck who simply stands there as Toko decides to make his move - darting about around Psyduck with great speed. Psyduck tries to follow Toko’s movements but is unable to and it closes it’s eyes tightly, groaning “Psyyy…” to itself, its eyes remaining closed.

Toko sees his opportunity to strike and leaps into the air, twisting his body to aim his tail at Psyduck’s head for a Pound. Just as Toko is about to connect with the attack Psyduck’s eyes open widely, glowing an intense blue. Toko doesn’t know whats going on as his body is frozen in place in mid-air. You watch in shock as Psyduck raises a claw and makes a fast downward movement with it, sending Toko crashing to the ground.

As the Disable attack wears off, Toko shakily gets to his feet, but is swiftly knocked back down by a Water Gun sent his way by Psyduck. It seems that you have given Psyduck a headache, which has increased the intensity of its attacks. Psyduck isn’t ready to back down anytime soon. What will you do next?

Level 100Level 100Level 82Level 64Level 43
Level 53Level 50Level 39Level 40Level 34
Old 11-09-2007, 03:15 AM   #63
Coordinator
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjara
Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in DeepSkyBlue

As you issue commands to Toko, he looks back at you and nods before staring right into Psyduck's eyes. Psyduck, at first, is completely baffled by this and frowns. Toko continues to stare, and Psyduck begins to get irritated. Toko begins to edge forwards closer toward Psyduck who simply stands there as Toko decides to make his move - darting about around Psyduck with great speed. Psyduck tries to follow Toko’s movements but is unable to and it closes it’s eyes tightly, groaning “Psyyy…” to itself, its eyes remaining closed.

Toko sees his opportunity to strike and leaps into the air, twisting his body to aim his tail at Psyduck’s head for a Pound. Just as Toko is about to connect with the attack Psyduck’s eyes open widely, glowing an intense blue. Toko doesn’t know whats going on as his body is frozen in place in mid-air. You watch in shock as Psyduck raises a claw and makes a fast downward movement with it, sending Toko crashing to the ground.

As the Disable attack wears off, Toko shakily gets to his feet, but is swiftly knocked back down by a Water Gun sent his way by Psyduck. It seems that you have given Psyduck a headache, which has increased the intensity of its attacks. Psyduck isn’t ready to back down anytime soon. What will you do next?
"Hang in there, Toko!" Snow exhauled. "Once you get up, try using Psyduck's headache as an advantage, I have a feeling that this could work, if you follow my instructions!" he continued. A sudden face of determination appeared on Toko's face, he knew he was ready, or at least thought so. "Toko, this is the plan. I need you to propell yourself up into the air, using Pound, and after that go head on with Psyduck using Quick Attack until you reach within inches of Psyduck's dazzled face, and in that case you use one strong Pound, sound good, Toko?"

"Treecko!!" Toko shouted with great determination. The speedy lizard was ready to lead an all-guts attack that any silly old duck wouldn't want!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:01 AM   #64
Shinjara
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Shinjara Send a message via MSN to Shinjara

Just a small note, perhaps going away and learning more attacks will help you in this battle.

Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in [b]DeepSkyBlue[b].

Co-ordinator: As you call out for Toko to hang in there, he shakily stands and takes a deep breath, regaining his composure. Issuing more attacks, Toko nods and readies himself. Using his tail, Toko propels himself off the ground into the air, before using a Quick Attack to further himself towards Psyduck. Psyduck attempts to swing at Toko with a Scratch attack but is too slow and therefore misses. Toko then swings his tail and smacks Psyduck with a Pound attack, sending the duck backwards slightly. dealing some light damage. Psyduck frowns before opening it’s bill wide. Suddenly, blue supersonic waves of Water Pulse come flying out towards Toko. Toko attempts to dodge but is struck, dealing medium damage. Toko holds his head as he feels slightly confused. What will you do?

Level 100Level 100Level 82Level 64Level 43
Level 53Level 50Level 39Level 40Level 34
Old 12-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #65
enchantress
Queen of the Night

NEW RULE

New members are not officially a part of FB until they've been given the go ahead to leave the Arcane Realm and have replied to the update after their release. This means that your registration can be revoked at any time during this period. In order to remain "active" you will be required to reply to your Arcane Realm update within seven days of it being posted. If you take longer than this to reply we will assume that you are no longer interested in RPing and your registration will be revoked. If you have a legitimate reason for not being able to reply, you will need to contact your updator at least three days before the seven day time restriction is up.

New members will only be able to post in the Pokémart, Move Tutor, Training Centre, Beauty Salon, Daycare Centre, Adoption Centre, and Cable Club, but CANNOT use any other shops including the Arcade and Casino. In addition, any members who are in the Arcane Realm during FB special events (shops, zones or giveaways), cannot take part in those events unless otherwise stated by the person running it.

If you're actively taking part in other areas of the forum yet are ignoring your Arcane Realm updates, your registration will be revoked no questions asked.

If your registration is revoked you will lose all Pokémon and items you have obtained, and will need to reapply to FB when registration opens at a later date if you still wish to take part. However, you must restart with the same Starter Pokémon that you had originally chosen which will be at Lv.5 with no Egg Moves, MT Moves, HM's or TM's - just as it was when you first began.

This new stipulation begins as of now. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

EDIT: I'm lifting the shop restrictions for the time being so that Arcane Realm members are able to post in them, but you must consistently reply to updates while in this zone or those stipulations will be slapped right back into play.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:30 PM   #66
bird1111
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to bird1111 Send a message via MSN to bird1111

Quote:
Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.
Bird, ready to start his Pokémon journey, looks at the map for the list of places available for those starting out that he had been provided with. Three of them in particular look tempting: the Forest of Adventure, Mediville, and Silverton Ranges. Deciding to let his partner have a say in where they go, he enlarges a pokeball before throwing it, releasing his Pidgey. As he does so, he calls out, "Pidgey, come on out!"

Pidgey is released from the ball, and for a few seconds looks confused, wondering why he was sent out of his ball. Bird, seeing his Pokémon's confusion, says, "Pidgey, I'm trying to decide where we should go. Where do you think we should go?" While he says this, he tilts the map to give the Pokémon a chance to look at it.

Pidgey looks at the map to figure out where he thinks the duo should go, and after thinking about it, pecks the area marking Mediville.

Bird replies his to Pidgey's choice, "Sounds good to me, let's go." Bird then recalls Pidgey into his pokeball, not wanting his partner to get tired out before they even got to their destination. After doing so, he then starts towards the village and the farmlands surrounding it.

FB Information

FB Pokemon:
;5;M
;3;M
Old 02-26-2008, 05:21 PM   #67
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

bird1111- You walk towards Mediville and soon notice the town's old fashioned look, almost as though it were out of a fairy tale. The stone streets and wooden structures have yet to be covered over with steel and cement of the modern world you see everywhere else. The serene rural neighborhood is nothing like busy noisy streets. You finally enter Mediville. The town itself is considerably livelier than the the simple roads and open fields surrounding it. Children play in the town square and adults walk around, busy with work. You continue to walk around watching the simple life when you're suddenly blocked off and surrounded by a group of eight teenagers.

One steps up to you and says, "I've never seen you here before. What's your name?" But before you can even answer, one of them shouts, "Hey! He's got a Pokéball! He must be a trainer!"

"Hmph! Don't go using that word so loosely! In these parts, only men who prove themselves get to be called trainers! Spoiled kids who get a Pokémon without proving themselves don't deserve that title!" He then steps up again and says, "Well? You think you're ready to prove yourself?"
Old 02-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #68
bird1111
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
bird1111- You walk towards Mediville and soon notice the town's old fashioned look, almost as though it were out of a fairy tale. The stone streets and wooden structures have yet to be covered over with steel and cement of the modern world you see everywhere else. The serene rural neighborhood is nothing like busy noisy streets. You finally enter Mediville. The town itself is considerably livelier than the the simple roads and open fields surrounding it. Children play in the town square and adults walk around, busy with work. You continue to walk around watching the simple life when you're suddenly blocked off and surrounded by a group of eight teenagers.

One steps up to you and says, "I've never seen you here before. What's your name?" But before you can even answer, one of them shouts, "Hey! He's got a Pokéball! He must be a trainer!"

"Hmph! Don't go using that word so loosely! In these parts, only men who prove themselves get to be called trainers! Spoiled kids who get a Pokémon without proving themselves don't deserve that title!" He then steps up again and says, "Well? You think you're ready to prove yourself?"
Bird continues his walk towards Mediville, and as he gets close, he notices that the town is old fashioned. Instead of there being steel and cement, there are wooden structures and stone streets. He ponders as he walks, wondering why they aren’t using the same technology as the modern world?

When Bird enters the town itself, he notices that it is much livelier than the countryside surrounding it. There are several children in the town square and there adults working in various places.

As Bird walks around, marveling the sights, he is suddenly surrounded by a group of teenagers. Getting a bad feeling about what is going to happen; he begins to reach for Pidgey’s pokeball. Before he can, one of them asks for his name. As Bird is about to answer, a second notices Pidgey’s pokeball and points it out, calling him a trainer. A third dismisses this statement, saying that spoiled brats don’t deserve to be called trainers, and then challenges him.

Bird notices the insult, but since the person insulting him had effectively challenged him, that would be a good way to prove it false. Therefore, he grabs Pidgey’s pokeball and throws it. While he does so, he calls out, “Pidgey, come on out, someone’s challenging us!” When the pokeball lands, Pidgey is released, and hearing the reason Bird sent him out, gets ready to fight.

After sending Pidgey out, Bird realizes that it would be a good idea to prepare him for the match, and therefore takes the Silk Scarf from his backpack and puts it around Pidgey's neck, hoping that the boost to Pidgey's attacks will give him an advantege.

FB Information

FB Pokemon:
;5;M
;3;M
Old 03-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #69
Loki

bird1111- Upon hearing their harsh words of challenge, you immediately throw your Pokéball, releasing Pidgey and shouting, “Pidgey, come on out, someone’s challenging us!”

The group looks confused for a moment and then laughs. "Hahahahahaha! You think everything is a fight? Shows you don't really have the heart to be a trainer."

They laugh some more at your expense. But eventually the laughter slowly dies down and he continues, "We'll still let you try our little test... So we can get some more laughs! AH HAHAHAHA!" The laughs continue for another round. Finally they stop. "Follow us."

They end up leading you to the other side of town where the Forest meets the edge of Town. In the middle of your view you see what looks like an odd brown tree. A slight wind blows across and you smell a fragrant scent coming from the tree. As you're intoxicated by the trees scent, you're tossed a jar, which you just barely catch.

"That's a special Combee tree. They keep there honey there. Fill that jar with honey and we'll consider you worth enough to be a Pokémon trainer. But there's more than just honey and Combees in that tree. So are you going to wuss out or show us you're worthy of that Pokémon Trainer title?"
Old 03-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #70
bird1111
Cascade Badge

Quote:
bird1111- Upon hearing their harsh words of challenge, you immediately throw your Pokéball, releasing Pidgey and shouting, “Pidgey, come on out, someone’s challenging us!”

The group looks confused for a moment and then laughs. "Hahahahahaha! You think everything is a fight? Shows you don't really have the heart to be a trainer."

They laugh some more at your expense. But eventually the laughter slowly dies down and he continues, "We'll still let you try our little test... So we can get some more laughs! AH HAHAHAHA!" The laughs continue for another round. Finally they stop. "Follow us."

They end up leading you to the other side of town where the Forest meets the edge of Town. In the middle of your view you see what looks like an odd brown tree. A slight wind blows across and you smell a fragrant scent coming from the tree. As you're intoxicated by the trees scent, you're tossed a jar, which you just barely catch.

"That's a special Combee tree. They keep there honey there. Fill that jar with honey and we'll consider you worth enough to be a Pokémon trainer. But there's more than just honey and Combees in that tree. So are you going to wuss out or show us you're worthy of that Pokémon Trainer title?"
Bird gets annoyed at himself for falling for that, but smirks when they seem to think that he will fail whatever they do have in mind for him. He recalles Pidgey silently, and follows them when they tell him to.

Eventually, they lead him to the other side of the town, where the forest is. He sees an odd brown tree in the middle of his view. A slight wind blows, bringing a fragrant scent with it. He is intoxicated by its scent, and only just manages to catch the jar they toss him.

He hears what is supposed to do, and thinks on it for a moment. He is worried that their lack of technology might actually be an advantege in someway, but he decides to go ahead, and says, "Sure, why not?" Bird realizes that there might be problems, so he sends out Pidgey, and tells his partner to keep an eye out for trouble. He then goes to collect the honey.

FB Information

FB Pokemon:
;5;M
;3;M
Old 03-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #71
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Oopsie. Completely forgot about this AR 'cause I'm not currently updating it [/shameful]

Birdy, go pick up your Easter stuff! From what I've seen you're certainly replying well enough, and you still have time.

Happy Easter ^-^
Old 04-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #72
Loki

bird1111- You begin to climb the large tree. It's rigid bark and branches makes it naturally easy to climb. After a few feet into the dense leaves, you start to see quite a lot of activity was hidden by the tree's foliage. Many Bug Pokémon can be seen all around. From simple Caterpie munching on leaves to Kakuna awaiting their metamorphosis. As you climb higher up, you start to notice a commotion. Several Combee fly around blowing Gustss of wind at a Heracross. The Heracross waves its arm, stopping the attacks and gesturing them to stop pestering it. You climb a bit closer and notice the Heracross has gotten its hands on some Combee honey and has been feasting on their prized possession. The honey you need to prove yourself a real Pokémon Trainer to the village kids. What will you do?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #73
bird1111
Cascade Badge

Quote:
bird1111- You begin to climb the large tree. It's rigid bark and branches makes it naturally easy to climb. After a few feet into the dense leaves, you start to see quite a lot of activity was hidden by the tree's foliage. Many Bug Pokémon can be seen all around. From simple Caterpie munching on leaves to Kakuna awaiting their metamorphosis. As you climb higher up, you start to notice a commotion. Several Combee fly around blowing Gustss of wind at a Heracross. The Heracross waves its arm, stopping the attacks and gesturing them to stop pestering it. You climb a bit closer and notice the Heracross has gotten its hands on some Combee honey and has been feasting on their prized possession. The honey you need to prove yourself a real Pokémon Trainer to the village kids. What will you do?
After releasing his Pidgey and telling him to fly upwards with him as he climbs, Bird begins climbing the tree with his Pidgey flying upwards near him while he climbs. He finds it surprisingly easy to climb due to the rigid bark and the branches large enough to support him. As he gets into the foliage, he sees a large amount of Bug type pokemon all over the tree.

As he climbs even higher, he sees several Combee flying around blowing Gusts of wind at a Heracross, which stops the attacks with his/her arm and gestures to the Combee attacking it to leave him/her alone. Taking a closer look, he soon sees why they are attacking him, as the Heracross is feasting on some honey, which was obviously made by the Combee attacking him.

However, he realizes that this is the same honey which the village kids told him he needed to get in order to prove to them that he was a real Pokemon Trainer. Therefore, though while he feels slightly guilty about stealing from the Combee, that is what he came to do.

However, in order to do that, he needs to get the Heracross out of the way. He calls to his Pidgey, who had flown near him while he climbed, and points to the Heracross. He says, “Pidgey, that Heracross is standing between myself and the honey I need to collect. Use a Fly to try and knock him off. Use two more Flies, if (s)he’s still on the tree, try to knock him/her off when using the other two Flies, if she/he’s in the air when using a Fly, try and time the damaging part of the attack to stop him/her if he/she comes back for more honey.” Bird then waits, ready to go for the honey if Heracross is knocked off.

FB Information

FB Pokemon:
;5;M
;3;M
Old 04-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #74
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Birdy, we need to get you through here so off we go!

bird1111: Now that you see what is actually in the tree, the reason for the boys having led you out here to begin with becomes painfully obvious. They're looking for some entertainment, and it's at your expense, as it's plain as day they don't think you're capable of getting past Heracross at all, let alone anywhere near the Combee honey. This little tidbit of logic doesn't sit too well with you, but it's too late to back out now that you're already up here. Figuring you may as well at least try to prove them wrong, you call out to Pidgey for his help. Pidgey flies closer to the tree, peering through the leaves to see just what the problem is, and upon spying Heracross, looks a little worried. That's one intimidating opponent considering Pidgey's lack of experience, but he isn't one to back down against a challenge, let alone his very first challenge, and so squawks his understanding of your instructions before circling the tree and speeding up on his downward descent.

Heracross, completely unaware of Pidgey's incoming Flying attack, is caught off guard as the little pidgeon bursts through the leaves and succeeds in knocking it off balance. Heracross stumbles, but doesn't fall from the tree, digging its claws and horn into the tree trunk to help stop its descent. It then climbs back onto the branch it was standing on, right next to the Combee honey, and glares at you through narrowed eyes. Realising you're in real trouble now, and that Heracross won't allow itself to be caught off guard again, you can only hope that Pidgey will be quick enough with his attacks in order to at least knock the greedy bug type from its perch. Not so. Pidgey circles the tree once more, trying to find just the right opening from which to attack, but Heracross is aware of his presence now which makes things that much more difficult. Eventually zooming in, Pidgey once again whooshes past Heracross with Fly only to find himself smashing head on into the hercules beetle's horn. Upon impact, Heracross swings its head to the side, sending Pidgey flying out of control from the tree with its Horn Attack. The boys begin laughing rauciously, apparently highly amused by the situation, and after Pidgey regains control of himself and circles back around toward the tree the boys begin chanting, "Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!" over and over again.

This is far more than you'd bargained for, but it's far too late to back out of this battle now as judging from the anger in Heracross' eyes there's no way it will allow you to descend from the tree unscathed even if you do decide to back off. It moves toward you threateningly, its claw surrounded by dark energy, but Pidgey can see you're in trouble and comes Flying down through the branches again attempting to knock Heracross right out of the tree in order to protect his trainer. Unfortunately for Pidgey, Heracross had been expecting this to happen and is ready for it. It lashes its arm upward as Pidgey zooms in, its Night Slash grazing Pidgey's belly as he passes by. Pidgey squawks in protest, but luckily evades taking the full force of the attack thanks to the limited space available in order for Heracross to be able to move as freely as it would like. Heracross and Pidgey have both taken some damage, Heracross a little more than Pidgey due its weakness against flying moves. The boys are still chanting below, a fact that has you more determined than ever to prove yourself...
Old 04-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #75
bird1111
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Birdy, we need to get you through here so off we go!

bird1111: Now that you see what is actually in the tree, the reason for the boys having led you out here to begin with becomes painfully obvious. They're looking for some entertainment, and it's at your expense, as it's plain as day they don't think you're capable of getting past Heracross at all, let alone anywhere near the Combee honey. This little tidbit of logic doesn't sit too well with you, but it's too late to back out now that you're already up here. Figuring you may as well at least try to prove them wrong, you call out to Pidgey for his help. Pidgey flies closer to the tree, peering through the leaves to see just what the problem is, and upon spying Heracross, looks a little worried. That's one intimidating opponent considering Pidgey's lack of experience, but he isn't one to back down against a challenge, let alone his very first challenge, and so squawks his understanding of your instructions before circling the tree and speeding up on his downward descent.

Heracross, completely unaware of Pidgey's incoming Flying attack, is caught off guard as the little pidgeon bursts through the leaves and succeeds in knocking it off balance. Heracross stumbles, but doesn't fall from the tree, digging its claws and horn into the tree trunk to help stop its descent. It then climbs back onto the branch it was standing on, right next to the Combee honey, and glares at you through narrowed eyes. Realising you're in real trouble now, and that Heracross won't allow itself to be caught off guard again, you can only hope that Pidgey will be quick enough with his attacks in order to at least knock the greedy bug type from its perch. Not so. Pidgey circles the tree once more, trying to find just the right opening from which to attack, but Heracross is aware of his presence now which makes things that much more difficult. Eventually zooming in, Pidgey once again whooshes past Heracross with Fly only to find himself smashing head on into the hercules beetle's horn. Upon impact, Heracross swings its head to the side, sending Pidgey flying out of control from the tree with its Horn Attack. The boys begin laughing rauciously, apparently highly amused by the situation, and after Pidgey regains control of himself and circles back around toward the tree the boys begin chanting, "Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!" over and over again.

This is far more than you'd bargained for, but it's far too late to back out of this battle now as judging from the anger in Heracross' eyes there's no way it will allow you to descend from the tree unscathed even if you do decide to back off. It moves toward you threateningly, its claw surrounded by dark energy, but Pidgey can see you're in trouble and comes Flying down through the branches again attempting to knock Heracross right out of the tree in order to protect his trainer. Unfortunately for Pidgey, Heracross had been expecting this to happen and is ready for it. It lashes its arm upward as Pidgey zooms in, its Night Slash grazing Pidgey's belly as he passes by. Pidgey squawks in protest, but luckily evades taking the full force of the attack thanks to the limited space available in order for Heracross to be able to move as freely as it would like. Heracross and Pidgey have both taken some damage, Heracross a little more than Pidgey due its weakness against flying moves. The boys are still chanting below, a fact that has you more determined than ever to prove yourself...
[ooc]Thank you for taking over enchantess.[/ooc]

Bird realizes the real reson for his being brought here, for entertainment. He thinks with anger at this fact, as he watches his Pidgey carry out his orders. He winches when he sees Pidgey fly right into Heracross's horn. And then winces again when he sees Heracross deliver a Night Slash. He gets worried that Pidgey may not be up for the task, but knows that he has to put his worries aside, and besides, it would be an insult to Pidgey to give up now! He considers using Sand-Attack briefly, but unfortunately there isn't a way to use it.

Knowing this, Bird calls out, "Good work so far Pidgey, keep trying your hardest! Give him a Tackle then follow up with another Tackle! Finish up with a Fly, try and aim for the back part of the shell all three times. That Heracross may be a challenge, but I'm sure we can pull through!"

Pidgey, reassured somewhat by his trainers words, goes to follow through with the orders.

[ooc]Is there anything you think I could improve on, RP wise? I'd like to take this chance to find out if there is anything I can improve on, as you aren't quite as busy as Loki was.[/ooc]

FB Information

FB Pokemon:
;5;M
;3;M
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records