UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 10-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Machamp FB and Expansion to BMGf

Expansion has been a topic that has been at the forefront of the minds of us and the community for a while now, so it was a pleasant surprise that we were contacted by the head administrator of BMGf a few days ago. The situation as described by Dig is that nothing has happened on the BMGf side of things outside of basically all of the posts being gutted, plus Tess and co have not even logged in to BMGf since May. Dig has not been in contact with Tess and co and so has asked us if we would be willing to expand over there, as Fizzy Bubbles is a welcome part of BMGf and they would like to see it have activity. After discussing it with the rest of the mods, I sent a PM telling him that we were interested in expansion but would have to consult the community first, and here we are.

In addition, it is worth noting that this purpose of this move is to benefit us in FB, UPN, and BMGf. It is not to stick it to Tess or any such similar notion, so please avoid this kind of rhetoric in this thread.

So here is our plan for expanding to BMGf:

What will change: There will be new zones on BMGf as well as events. Events will be more evenly split between UPN and BMGf in order to encourage activity. There is a possibility of having some shops over there as well, however, this would not apply to shops that are typically considered the weekly shops, in the interest of keeping things less complicated overall. We would be considering things like a TCG shop over on BMGf, and if any similar ideas come up, we would consider putting them in BMGf.

What will NOT change: Home boarding will still occur on UPN. BMGf will not serve as a home board for the interests of keeping things simpler and encouraging people to come onto UPN more. There will be a thread for member's posts on BMGf, but there will not be shops like the Daycare or Pokemart over on BMGf. The number of zones on UPN will remain the same as well. Any zones on BMGf will be additional zones to what we have now unless a ZA on UPN expresses interest in moving the zone.

What this will impact in the future: There is a strong possibility we will get new members, which means more ZUs and people to update. In addition, if we expand, the requested Battle Frontier would also be present on BMGf. We may consider having things like Secret Bases present on both forums.

Overall, we are looking for yays or nays and any concerns, suggestions, or questions on the expansion. We won't move forward with expansion if the community doesn't want it either.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary

Last edited by Emi; 10-08-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
Meetan
Cascade Badge

I am so in! Give me new zones, new people to update, gimme the Frontier! GIVE IT TO MEEE.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

Definitely all for branching out to Bulbagarden once more. It wasn't a huge success back in the Tess era, but then, I feel like removing the whole aspect of different homeboards is a good way to go. I'm confident we'd be able to handle the Bulbagarden branch of FB better than the old mods did. Definitely sounds like it'll help get more members to join, too, which I am definitely all in favor of. So yeah, absolutely in favor of this.

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #4
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Can't think of any valid reason to say no, so why not.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

While I am in favour I am also concerned with updator's getting overwhelmed and everything coming to a halt. If we have more updatees coming in, we need more updators as well. I don't know if it would be possible, but would it be possible for them to do a quick survey or something to see if people are interested/available to update. If we aren't gaining updators, we risk destroying what we have built.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #6
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
So I'm in agreement with TKF here. I personally think that expansion is all well and good but we should thin out some of the zones and such over to BMG until we have more active members as well as active updators and can transition from toe in the water to actually jumping in.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #7
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

All aboard on the yas train! Next stop: BMG!

In all seriousness though, I'm all for having that expansion to BMG Having more members is a huge welcome, both for FB and for UPN (and for BMG but I dunno, I find we're getting the bigger win in that win-win-win situation XP)

I do admit though that I'm a little worried (In-writing edit: as a few already mentioned) in terms of needing more updators and shop owners to take care of those in BMG (although the fact that weekly shops will stay in UPN helps a little.)

One idea thought (that Sneaze ninja'd me with, darn you! :P) of is to move a few of our current zones here to BMG so we're bringing zones there without the need to look for more updators... but I'm sure not only some updators and updatees from said zone(s) will not appreciate that move, but even if we do move zones there, the amount of updators needed will rise anyways because, well, the amount of updates will rise no matter what we do. So the only thing I can think of is to either convince a few of us here to become updators (which would be unlikely as I'm sure those who are not, like myself, have already established their decision) or to find updators among the new BMG members, which would be difficult as they're new.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:57 PM   #8
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

I really don't think our zones should move, if anything we should maybe limit their zones to start with? Let them access the free RP zones over here (II and Bedlam), and create 1 zone over there for them to start with. That would be 3 active adventures, which should be more than enough to satisfy them to start with. Once we get a gauge on how many are coming in and how many can update, we can expand them. Suddenly allowing more people to jump into our zones here will break us unless we put additional updators on zones but obviously we need to have them to do that.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #9
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hmmm, that could certainly work, especially since free RP zones are basically self-sustainable. We'll just need to secure a few updators for that new actual zone beforehand, obviously.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #10
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Sorry but limiting new members is a no-no downward spiral that I'm really heavily against. It's just a can of worms and with people on BMG fully aware of how Tess treated FB we need to make sure we're giving them the open arms treatment.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #11
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Limiting new members is basically the opposite of what we actually want to do. I'm sure that there is going to be people on BMGf with updating / roleplaying experience, so I don't think we really want to make things restricted, it is only going to hurt us in the long run. We're not just low on ZUs, we're also low on active members for ZUs to update for.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:35 PM   #12
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hmmm, good point on that too. I guess we just need to find a balance between "give them all we got", but without burning out every updator we got or otherwise not being able to keep up with the demand.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles