UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #276
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Forest of Mystery – Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ Orchrist slithered through the thick grasses following close behind Sage who was walking with a slow yet determined pace. She had her instructions and she intended to follow through with them and as she observed her more and more Orchrist guessed that the elderly Parasect didn’t exactly agree with Hawk’s plans. The Seviper was feeling nervous about this and the fact that she shared Sage’s concerns was not helping but her cool exterior remained in place. But with questions plaguing her mind she had to interrupt their walk and address the elderly insect. Sage kept her pace but turned to face Orchrist as she spoke, the words Wild One seemed o not faze her and if they did she certainly didn’t show it. Orchrist asked her what she thought of the plan and the war in general and Sage let loose a small sigh as if she had been expecting the question to come eventually.

“My thoughts on the plan are irrelevant Seviper, Hawk has a smart and keen mind and has thought this through.” As she said this Orchrist could sense the hesitance in that answer, Sage was lying an there were many reason’s why. Perhaps she didn’t want to you change your mind on the agreement or perhaps by living in this denial she could convince herself that her words were true.

“This war has gone on far too long and we have lost far too much,” Sage said her voice quivering “ and I would give anything for it to end and for peace to exist between us all, but I am wise enough to know that peace can never exist, not whilst each leader feels the way they do. Both of them want the forest solely for the other group, the snakes and the forest dwellers. Most of us have resided here all of our lives and knew peace for this time, then the snakes arrived and all that changed. So many deaths followed on both sides and I understand the desire to drive the other away but … never mind” she finished scuttling off ahead. Orchrist follows obediently. Stuck in her thoughts the snake doesn’t notice that Sage had stopped and detoured off slightly staring at a large tree. Slithering up to meet her she saw a monument made of wood and leaves wrapped together with offerings of berries underneath.

“I am glad that this has not been tainted,” she said approaching the monument and Orchrist can only wonder what it was for.

“The leader of our forest was lost to us only a short time ago, it was then that Hawk took over. I shouldn’t be saying this but he could not measure up to the last leader but we cannot fault his determination and heart, he really has tried in such difficult times.” Sage seemed to sag and Orchrist could swear she saw a tear come from her eye; this was more personal than she was making out. She spoke a few words to the shrine before walking back over to you.

“I know he is watching over us and will want us to succeed, come Orchrist there is much I must tell you about the snakes”.

***

In another part of the forest you shrank further into your mushroom like body as Arbok towered over you passing more threats and you knew that great pain and suffering would come should you question the snake again. As Arbok rallied his mass of reptiles you felt your hope drift further away, it would surely end your life if you disobeyed but on the other hand it would probably destroy your human form once you were done anyway, you felt so helpless and choiceless. Arbok chose of the Ekans to escort you through the forest and it was a wonder it could tell any of them apart but you guessed it couldn’t care less for individuality, but you could see something different about this one. The Ekans bowed and you were sure that it was the one your first encountered before you were dragged here. Ekans slithered past you and gave you a blank look before disappearing through the bushes … perhaps this could be worked to your favour. Giving the Arbok one last glance, the gleeful look in its eyes sending shivers through your new body you hastily leave the group and follow after the lone snake.

Ekans slithered on with a determined pace its eyes staring straight forward as you caught up to it as it waited for whatever ‘unimportant’ questions you may have for it. You don’t hesitate and straight forward ask about the snake corpse you had encountered earlier and you experienced something you didn’t think possible for this snake. It stopped on the spot and its head swivelled around with such speed that you thought it may snap off. It hissed in fury and suddenly wrapped itself around you squeezing tight and a fresh panic filled you. It wasn’t a good idea to piss off the one chance of escape you hand and right now it was choking you tightly.

“Don’t you mention her,” it hissed lowly its yellow eyes filled with a mixture of hatred and remorse. “She was my sister and she had only left to get food, she didn’t deserve … THAT!” it practically roared before it regained its composure and realised what it was doing. It unwrapped itself from you allowing precious oxygen back into your reanimated lungs and looked about nervously before slithering off faster than before. Looking about you were shocked by the outburst, the Ekans had seemed like a blank slate, totally emotionless but that burst of anger and sadness … it was uncharacteristic for what you had observed of the others. You take a moment to think before you scuttle off after it hoping not to lose it. Playing catch up again you find the Ekans looking torn between its emotion and its duty as it dared not to look at you. This one was different, maybe you could exploit that somehow but now it had clammed up again you may not get much out of it for a while.
"My thoughts on the plan are irrelevant Seviper, Hawk has a smart and keen mind and has thought this through." Sage said, a bit hesitant in her response, which only served to make Orchrist even more anxious about the whole idea. These were words Sage clearly didn't fully believe in, but why would she lie like so?

"This war has gone on far too long and we have lost far too much," Sage said, her voice quivering, "and I would give anything for it to end and for peace to exist between us all, but I am wise enough to know that peace can never exist whilst each leader feels the way they do. Both of them want the forest solely for the other group, the snakes and the forest dwellers. Most of us have resided here all of our lives and knew peace for this time, then the snakes arrived and all that changed. So many deaths followed on both sides and I understand the desire to drive the other away but… never mind." she finished scuttling off ahead as Orchrist obediently followed.

Though Sage didn't finish that one last line of thought, Orchrist felt she knew what was on the Parasect's mind. Violence begets more violence, and this plan promised just that. Could there be another way to settle things? How? Stuck in her thoughts Orchrist didn't notice that Sage had stopped and detoured off slightly staring at a large tree. Slithering up to meet her she saw a monument made of wood and leaves wrapped together with offerings of berries underneath.

"I am glad that this has not been tainted," she said approaching the monument as curiosity towards it filled Orchrist's head. "The leader of our forest was lost to us only a short time ago, it was then that Hawk took over. I shouldn't be saying this but he could not measure up to the last leader, but we cannot fault his determination and heart, he really has tried in such difficult times." Sage seemed to sag and Orchrist could swear she saw a tear come out from her eye. Sage's behavior now made a lot of sense; this was personal, more than she was making out. Sage spoke a few words to the shrine before coming back.

"I know he is watching over us and will want us to succeed; come Orchrist there is much I must tell you about the snakes."

Orchrist gave a silent, slow nod before following her lead once again. The look on her face revealed pity, though she tried her best to hide it. "Sage, I feel sorry for your loss, though it may not be worth much coming from me." she suddenly said without thinking. For some reason, she just felt it was the right thing to say. Why did she feel the urge to comfort someone whom she had only recently met, much less a pokmon whom she had previously deemed an inferior being? Such a thing was so out of character that Orchrist couldn't help feeling embarrassed about the whole thing.

"Ah, s-sorry, please tell me about them snakes." she then said after a brief pause almost kicking herself for having been so compulsive.

***

The Ekans stopped on the spot and abruptly swiveled its head around upon hearing Balmund's first question. Hissing in fury, it suddenly wrapped around Balmund, squeezing him tight as he panicked upon being suffocated

"Don't you mention her," it hissed lowly, its yellow eyes staring filled with a mixture of hatred and remorse. "She was my sister and she had only left to get food, she didn't deserve … THAT!" it practically roared before it regained its composure and realized what it was doing. Unwrapping itself from Balmund, it looked about nervously before slithering off faster than before. Though relieved to be able to breath in once again, Balmund was most certainly shocked by the Ekans' reaction, and for a moment he felt remorse at having brought such a painful memory for the Ekans. He was right about his assumptions about that particular Ekans though, and that thought made him feel a bit good about himself.

Playing catch up, Balmund finds the Ekans looking torn between its emotion and its duty as it dared not to look back at him. It looks like it had clammed up again, and Balmund thought of a different approach to strike a conversation with it.

"Listen, I'm sorry about that, I shouldn't have brought that up," he said. "Why don't you just talk to me about them then? Our enemies."
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 01-25-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Balmund is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #277
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,261
Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 9

Forest of Mystery – Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ The both of you were being escorted through the forest by its natives and were completely unaware of how close you both were to each other, in fact any moment you would both pass through the same part of the forest. Sage had finished her tribute to her fallen leader and was leading Orchrist closer to the snake’s lair whilst the lone Ekans, one of many identical creatures, was leading you further towards the forest dwellers location and as you both passed unaware how close you were to finding one another you both felt the same thing at the same time, a moment where your thoughts were the same, you were both wishing to see each other again.

Sage scuttled onwards her emotions now reigned in and her business head on and Orchrist apologises for the loss of someone that was obviously close to her, even she tried not to show it. Sage slows down as the Seviper catches and shares a look with.

“We cannot change the past snake, he taught me that, but we can strive to make the future better and brighter, and … you can help us to achieve this,” she says a little wistfully giving Orchrist a small smile, her thoughts of the previous leader although she could sense the hesitation.

“Though you may be helping us against your will, you must understand if this will put a stop to the war then it would have been all worth it. You will have helped us achieve a sense of peace and will find your master and all will be well.” Orchrist frowns at her words, she was sounding less and less sure of what she spoke and now it was a case of if and not when, this did not settle her nerves and only gave her more resignation.

“The snake camp is not too far from here, I will not be able to go the entire way with you Seviper, if they discover me they may sense the ruse or just kill me on the spot,” she says although she didn’t sound afraid of her death. “I will lead you to where you need to be then you’re on your own. Now listen closely, I will tell you all that I know about the vile creatures so that this plan can work. The snakes came to our forest roughly a year ago and they chose this particular part of the forest of a reason. These creatures are very superstitious, they believe in Gods and magic rather than sense and reason. We forest dwellers believe in the legends of course, Celebii is a guardian of the forest as he is of many and there is a shrine erected in his honour in the greatest depths but their beliefs are wild and unfounded. In the part of the forest they currently inhabit lies the source of their power, or so they believe. Our past leader spoke to us of their belief before he … he spoke that they believe a great magical source runs through the ground and water there, that it is sacred to them and that a statue of one of their ‘God’s’ resides there. They are high protective of the land and what resides there and so attack anything that comes near it without thought for the consequences. That it how the ward started, one of our number accidentally wandered onto their ground and decided to greet them. They murdered that poor soul without a second thought and would do the same to any other Pokemon that got in their way.” Her voice showing her anger at the past atrocities committed.

“The Arbok that leads them is the most delusional of them all, it believes itself s wielder of this ‘magic’ and yet … many odd things have occurred since they arrived it is almost enough to make you consider their beliefs. Regardless their beliefs have caused the deaths of many and we must try to stop that. You will enter their land and tell them that you are sent from their God as a messenger, as a fellow snake they will at least give you time to speak. You must sound strong in your conviction; they must believe what you say for the plan to work. You will tell them that their God has issued an order, that they are … that they are to leave this forest, that the magic here is all but exhausted and they are ready, ready to take on the rest of the world, to convert all those that stand in their way or die.” Orchrist stares at Sage feeling that something was off and now she was even more nervous than before.


***

Meanwhile after having passed Orchrist and that brief connection you had when you did you were concentrating on that task at hand, trying to get Ekans to speak to you again. Scuttling up to meet it you see that it was completely focused on where it was slithering. You apologize to the Ekans and try to get it to give up the information about the forest dwellers, the information it was ordered to give. It gives you a brief look and nods still upset at the memories you dug up but not wanting to go against its leader.

“Very well, if you are finished with your pointless questions I will tell you about the weak enemies you will help us to destroy,” it says emotionless, not like the others who seemed to be gleeful at the thought of maiming the forest dwellers.

“These simple creatures have lived here longer than we have, that is a truth but they are undeserving of the forest they call a home. They have no purpose or drive; they waste their lives through menial tasks and do not honor the Gods that bestowed this land to them. They are defilers, it is a disgrace to use what another gave them without thanks or praise. We came to this forest as our God told us to, the great God Ndengei send word that there was sacred land for us to protect, it contains the shrine and the statue that represents him that holds your body. A great power lies in this land, the water and the sky and our God has shown us the way home. It is said that all snakes were born on this land under his watchful eye, some will move on with his purpose and the rest will remain to protect that which is sacred. The forest dwellers were not happy with our presence here and threw the first stone, they lured one of our number away and killed him, an example they said to those that intrude in their forest. This is why we plan to exterminate them, we must protect the sacred land, and they mustn’t be allowed to defile it any further. You possess the dead body of their old leader, killed by our great leaders fangs, but they are not aware of this, our leader slain the Parasect in a silent part of the forest, alone with no witnesses. They know he is gone, but they are not certain of his death, you will eradicate any doubts. You will pose as their leader, you were lost for a long time after you fought against the mighty Arbok, injured and lost and spent your time recovering your strength. You will claim leadership back from the bird and inform your ‘people’ that you have spent your time thinking, that you have made a plan, a plan to destroy the snakes. You will lead them right to us and we will end it there”.

Your mind was a buzz with the new information and the thoughts it brought on, you were in possession of the corpse of the forest dweller’s leader and you had to convince the Pokemon that you were him, if only you had more to go on but you were sure that they didn’t get his personality before they killed him. You were thankful that the Parasect leader had been so unique, his shiny appearance would make your act more believable, you were sure that Parasect this colour were far and few in between. Panic was still setting in as your life rested on your acting ability and you sorely needed more information but it seemed that the fates were against you as Ekans stopped a short way a way.

“I cannot take you the entire way there, they would not believe you to have a snake escort, you will have to go the rest of the way yourself.” It slithers over to you as you continue to look panicked.

***

It was both amazing and ironic that both you and Orchrist reached your intended destinations at the same time. You could see through the bushes the grass, bug and bird Pokemon that were the forest dwellers and Orchrist could hear the snakes in their domain. Both Sage and Ekans had stopped waiting for you both to finish the distance on your own. What you both were unaware is that both stories didn’t mesh, someone was lying, part of the past had been warped by either side to suit them and the story was missing hugs chunks that could prove to be invaluable. What you both knew now was it was D Day, and your greatest tests were about to begin.




Pokemaniacneo ~ Staring down the jaws of the beats was a terrifying way to find adventure but it had found you and looked ready to kill at any minute. Lying prone on the hard muddy ground with Maurice strewn across your belly you could only hope and pray that the Tropius was feeling generous and not in the mood to stomp your brains out and would listen to you. Being so close to the beast you spotted that its leg was injured, the dried blood circling the limb along with its pruned wings it wasn’t looking its best not that it seemed to mind or care. Maurice quivered on top of you not wanting to face this big of a battle so early on, even with a type advantage you were pretty sure Tropius would crush Maurice underfoot and wing in a it of rage if you even attempted to challenge it. You plead with it, your voice cracking from nerves hoping it would show mercy and leave you both alone, after all you had not hurt it or challenged it, you had only been unfortunate to stumble upon it. You consider another option for a moment, you had a beast of your own that would match Tropius in size and possibly power but your sea serpent was still young and this was not the best environment to set her loose. She was best suited to the water and with the trees looming over head their branches pointing dangerously out you were not sure that you wouldn’t cause even more damage to the forest and your Gyarados.

Placing her ball back in its spot you try reasoning with the dinosaur again hoping that your soothing tone of voice would show that you meant no harm. Tropius narrowed its eyes leaning its head even closer to you and you freeze to the spot not even daring to breath as it sniffs around your face before pulling back. You release that breath you were holding as it softens its gaze yet still looking menacing as ever. It shifted on its feet as if contemplating your words though you couldn’t be sure it understood you fully. It made to move forward when its head suddenly and viciously swivelled to the left. You jump at the sudden movement and wonder what caught its attention. A look of panic flashes in its eyes briefly before it roars at the unseen force. It was then you heard the voices, human voices coming from the direction that Tropius was looking.

“It’s over there, I’d recognise that roar anywhere,” one voice said growing louder as they approached.

“Lets move then quickly, before it runs off again,” another chimes in.

Tropius looks down at you accusingly and roars at you blasting you with its wings throwing you back further into the bushes before it stampedes away in the opposite direction. You lie there winded and confused. Suddenly the voices catch up to you and you manage lean up to your arms to see their owners. A pair of men in their 30’s erupted from the undergrowth guns out making your eyes bug out and Maurice gasp in fear.

“What was that? Is it still here?” one of them says and you clamp a hand down on the Charmanders mouth to prevent him making any more noise your eyes focused on the shiny metal of heir weapon pointed at you, could they see you?

“I doubt it be hiding in the bushes, come on the footprints lead off through the forest, it was here not long ago, it wouldn’t be stupid enough to hang around”.

The pair of them wak out of view and begin to track down Tropius following its large footprints and its only then you relax a little. Maurice squirmed against your hold and you release his mouth as he gasps for breath. Those men looked suspiciously like hunters, their guns gave them away and they were hunting Tropius? No wonder it was stampeding around angrily, but was it any business of your to interfere? Whos to say what the hunters would do to you and your team if you tried but could you let them hunt and potentially capture or kill the wild dino?
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #278
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini
 
Salamencia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Not here
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
OoC: Sorry for the delayed reply, I had forgotten to mention this, but personal details have been keeping me from doing too much online. Shouldn’t happen again.

After his orders left his mouth, Sal noticed that both Zak and Tyler seemed less than happy with his choice of attacks. Sal then realised that he may have been a little rough, and hadn’t taken his opponent’s lack of battle experience into account. Nevertheless, Aipom seemed more than willing to fight. ’And anyway,’ Sal thought to himself, ’We can’t turn back now. After all, Vulcan won’t hold back, and Aipom seems up for this too’.

Aipom was the first to get moving, clearly happy to finally be free of circus training, if only for now. The monkey Pokmon ran towards Vulcan, its claws ready to slash him. Vulcan, however, didn’t seem too bothered. He lowered his head, as per his trainer’s orders, and started to build up strength in his back legs, preparing to fire himself towards Aipom with all the power his small body could release. Tyler looked nervously at Vulcan’s attack, clearly worrying for Aipom’s safety, with Zak displaying a similar facial expression. Sal himself was worried just how well Aipom would take the attack, and frowned. As Aipom reached Vulcan, he managed to land a couple of Scratches on the fire mouse’s head, before Vulcan rammed his body into his target. The Aipom flew into the sky a good way, before crashing down in a manner that didn’t seem very comfortable. Sal now knew that he should have held back, as Tyler looked horrifically at his poor Pokmon. ’Yeah, my usual attack plans aren’t going to help here,’ Sal confirmed to himself, ’I don’t want Aipom to get too beaten up, if I can help it’. He looked over to Zak for his opinion, and Zak looked just as shocked as Tyler. Vulcan looked back at Sal, a little surprised that his trainer was being so cautious, considering that he had already decided on his moves. Both Vulcan and Sal then turned back to the battle, as Tyler was telling Aipom to get himself back up, clearly hoping that Aipom wasn’t too badly injured. As Aipom got up, dusting itself off, it frowned at Vulcan, before grinning. This reaction really surprised Sal. Even after the strong Skull Bash, Aipom seemed more than eager to continue, and he looked pleased to be battling an opponent with so much power.

“Are you alright Aipom? You can stop if you want, I don’t want you to get hurt”, Tyler said, still worried for his friend’s safety. Sal almost stepped in to agree, but the look on Aipom’s face made him realise that he wouldn’t win. The Aipom shouted something back at Tyler, making him frown. Aipom seemed quite annoyed that his trainer wanted him to pull out of this intense experience, and he looked like he was having fun.

With his opponent back on its feet, Vulcan rushed in for another attack, his small claws glowing, and appearing to grow longer. “O-Okay then,” Tyler said, trying to think on his feet, worried for Aipom’s safety once again. “Oh no … oh think … Sand Attack!” Aipom reacts much quicker than its trainer, and, as Vulcan’s claw comes in close, Aipom manages to dive out of the way completely, using many circus related tricks to dodge Vulcan. Sal watched in amazement, feeling as if he were back in the circus tent, watching another act, and almost forgot about the battle. Aipom then completes his acrobatic routine by collecting sand and dust from the arena floor with its tail, and throwing it towards Vulcan, striking him in the eyes. Vulcan frantically starts rubbing his eyes, trying to gain his vision back. Aipom then starts bouncing up and down, ready to continue.

“Vulcan, you okay?” Sal asked, quite surprised by what he had just seen. He then smiled, pleased to be able to battle an opponent with as many unorthodox battle movements as this Aipom, and spoke directly to Tyler. “Wow, I hadn’t realised quite how agile your Aipom were, Tyler. That’s something I’ve never even seen before.”

He then turned to his Cyndaquil, who was still having trouble seeing anything, and decided to give some more orders. “Ok, you’re probably not going to be able to fight quite so easily now, so we’ll have to be careful. This Aipom’s an interesting opponent, so try and keep an eye out for any more of those circus tricks. For now, just settle for a Smokescreen. We need to buy as much time as possible, so that you can regain your eyesight. If you manage to find Aipom, send a Heat Wave towards him. I’m quite eager to see how he’ll deal with your Fire type moves, after seeing his close-combat skills.”
__________________
PASBL - Trainer Level 4 - B Grade Referee

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline  
Old 02-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #279
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,261
UPN AR Updates Batch 10

Mediville – Please reply in lemonchiffon

Salamencia ~ You hadn’t expected to see such creativity and endurance from the circus performer, but this Aipom must have been practicing moves ready for the day it would get chance to battle. Vulcan had shown his strength early on but Aipom had taken it all in its stride and had continued to fight. Now Vulcan was left rubbing sand from his eyes as Aipom hopped back and forth ready to continue. Its trainer looked almost as astonished as you at his Aipom’s ability and you guessed that he would be the one to slow down the monkey being hesitant and unsure of himself in this arena.

“Me neither … Well done Aipom,” he managed to stutter our as the monkey beamed almost cockily. Deciding to err on the side of caution you take a defensive stance ordering a Smokescreen from Vulcan who obliges breathing out a thick fog of black smoke around him hoping to obscure Aipom’s vision even if it obscured his own. Tyler bit his lip and thought hard about what to do, what could Aipom do to escape the cloud. Aipom jumps up and down trying to peer over the cloud squeaking at its trainer almost trying to tell him what to command. You find this almost amusing and Tyler looks embarrassed at his lack of knowledge of his Pokemon’s moves.

“I don’t know what you want Aipom, I don’t think Bouncing about is helpful though,” he says as Aipom chatters happily. Suddenly it bursts forth from the smoke in the air like a bullet spinning and twisting in the air as you look on in amazement. As its momentum shifts it begins to plummet to the earth spiralling just before it enters the cloud of smoke and you hear a cry of pain come Vulcan. Tyler looks shocked as he realises how little control he has over this battle, his Aipom lead him into ordering that’s attack. Suddenly the cloud turns a dark red and flames lick mix with the smoke as Vulcan’s Heatwave erupts forth. Pained cries filled the air as the smoke is filled with extreme heat and is burnt away leaving both Pokemon breathing heavily on the ground. Vulcan had managed to take damage from his own attack but fortunately was resistant enough to the heat. Aipom on the other hand was shaking as smoke slowly rose from its fur, looking a little less confident now. Even Zak was shocked at the strength at that Heatwave had, he had not seen such a strong fire attack before, even from his own Cyndaquil. Both competitors got back to their feet at the same time looking worn and tired already but not willing to back down. Tyler was looking horrified at the damage his performer was taking but stood firm trying to look brave; it all could all be healed later.

“Aipom, stay s-strong,” Tyler said trying to convince himself more than his Pokemon, “I know you want to keep fighting and I won’t be such a coward anymore. Go and use a Tail Whip then Scratch,” he ordered tyring to sound more confident and it seemed to work, Aipom gave its trainer a look of respect before lunging for Vulcan.
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 03:05 AM   #280
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Forest of Mystery – Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ The both of you were being escorted through the forest by its natives and were completely unaware of how close you both were to each other, in fact any moment you would both pass through the same part of the forest. Sage had finished her tribute to her fallen leader and was leading Orchrist closer to the snake’s lair whilst the lone Ekans, one of many identical creatures, was leading you further towards the forest dwellers location and as you both passed unaware how close you were to finding one another you both felt the same thing at the same time, a moment where your thoughts were the same, you were both wishing to see each other again.

Sage scuttled onwards her emotions now reigned in and her business head on and Orchrist apologises for the loss of someone that was obviously close to her, even she tried not to show it. Sage slows down as the Seviper catches and shares a look with.

“We cannot change the past snake, he taught me that, but we can strive to make the future better and brighter, and … you can help us to achieve this,” she says a little wistfully giving Orchrist a small smile, her thoughts of the previous leader although she could sense the hesitation.

“Though you may be helping us against your will, you must understand if this will put a stop to the war then it would have been all worth it. You will have helped us achieve a sense of peace and will find your master and all will be well.” Orchrist frowns at her words, she was sounding less and less sure of what she spoke and now it was a case of if and not when, this did not settle her nerves and only gave her more resignation.

“The snake camp is not too far from here, I will not be able to go the entire way with you Seviper, if they discover me they may sense the ruse or just kill me on the spot,” she says although she didn’t sound afraid of her death. “I will lead you to where you need to be then you’re on your own. Now listen closely, I will tell you all that I know about the vile creatures so that this plan can work. The snakes came to our forest roughly a year ago and they chose this particular part of the forest of a reason. These creatures are very superstitious, they believe in Gods and magic rather than sense and reason. We forest dwellers believe in the legends of course, Celebii is a guardian of the forest as he is of many and there is a shrine erected in his honour in the greatest depths but their beliefs are wild and unfounded. In the part of the forest they currently inhabit lies the source of their power, or so they believe. Our past leader spoke to us of their belief before he … he spoke that they believe a great magical source runs through the ground and water there, that it is sacred to them and that a statue of one of their ‘God’s’ resides there. They are high protective of the land and what resides there and so attack anything that comes near it without thought for the consequences. That it how the ward started, one of our number accidentally wandered onto their ground and decided to greet them. They murdered that poor soul without a second thought and would do the same to any other Pokemon that got in their way.” Her voice showing her anger at the past atrocities committed.

“The Arbok that leads them is the most delusional of them all, it believes itself s wielder of this ‘magic’ and yet … many odd things have occurred since they arrived it is almost enough to make you consider their beliefs. Regardless their beliefs have caused the deaths of many and we must try to stop that. You will enter their land and tell them that you are sent from their God as a messenger, as a fellow snake they will at least give you time to speak. You must sound strong in your conviction; they must believe what you say for the plan to work. You will tell them that their God has issued an order, that they are … that they are to leave this forest, that the magic here is all but exhausted and they are ready, ready to take on the rest of the world, to convert all those that stand in their way or die.” Orchrist stares at Sage feeling that something was off and now she was even more nervous than before.


***

Meanwhile after having passed Orchrist and that brief connection you had when you did you were concentrating on that task at hand, trying to get Ekans to speak to you again. Scuttling up to meet it you see that it was completely focused on where it was slithering. You apologize to the Ekans and try to get it to give up the information about the forest dwellers, the information it was ordered to give. It gives you a brief look and nods still upset at the memories you dug up but not wanting to go against its leader.

“Very well, if you are finished with your pointless questions I will tell you about the weak enemies you will help us to destroy,” it says emotionless, not like the others who seemed to be gleeful at the thought of maiming the forest dwellers.

“These simple creatures have lived here longer than we have, that is a truth but they are undeserving of the forest they call a home. They have no purpose or drive; they waste their lives through menial tasks and do not honor the Gods that bestowed this land to them. They are defilers, it is a disgrace to use what another gave them without thanks or praise. We came to this forest as our God told us to, the great God Ndengei send word that there was sacred land for us to protect, it contains the shrine and the statue that represents him that holds your body. A great power lies in this land, the water and the sky and our God has shown us the way home. It is said that all snakes were born on this land under his watchful eye, some will move on with his purpose and the rest will remain to protect that which is sacred. The forest dwellers were not happy with our presence here and threw the first stone, they lured one of our number away and killed him, an example they said to those that intrude in their forest. This is why we plan to exterminate them, we must protect the sacred land, and they mustn’t be allowed to defile it any further. You possess the dead body of their old leader, killed by our great leaders fangs, but they are not aware of this, our leader slain the Parasect in a silent part of the forest, alone with no witnesses. They know he is gone, but they are not certain of his death, you will eradicate any doubts. You will pose as their leader, you were lost for a long time after you fought against the mighty Arbok, injured and lost and spent your time recovering your strength. You will claim leadership back from the bird and inform your ‘people’ that you have spent your time thinking, that you have made a plan, a plan to destroy the snakes. You will lead them right to us and we will end it there”.

Your mind was a buzz with the new information and the thoughts it brought on, you were in possession of the corpse of the forest dweller’s leader and you had to convince the Pokemon that you were him, if only you had more to go on but you were sure that they didn’t get his personality before they killed him. You were thankful that the Parasect leader had been so unique, his shiny appearance would make your act more believable, you were sure that Parasect this colour were far and few in between. Panic was still setting in as your life rested on your acting ability and you sorely needed more information but it seemed that the fates were against you as Ekans stopped a short way a way.

“I cannot take you the entire way there, they would not believe you to have a snake escort, you will have to go the rest of the way yourself.” It slithers over to you as you continue to look panicked.

***

It was both amazing and ironic that both you and Orchrist reached your intended destinations at the same time. You could see through the bushes the grass, bug and bird Pokemon that were the forest dwellers and Orchrist could hear the snakes in their domain. Both Sage and Ekans had stopped waiting for you both to finish the distance on your own. What you both were unaware is that both stories didn’t mesh, someone was lying, part of the past had been warped by either side to suit them and the story was missing hugs chunks that could prove to be invaluable. What you both knew now was it was D Day, and your greatest tests were about to begin.
Upon listening to the Orchrist's apology, Sage slows down as the Seviper catches and shares a look with.

“We cannot change the past snake, he taught me that, but we can strive to make the future better and brighter, and … you can help us to achieve this,” she says a little wistfully giving Orchrist a small smile. “Though you may be helping us against your will, you must understand if this will put a stop to the war then it would have been all worth it. You will have helped us achieve a sense of peace and will find your master and all will be well,” she resumed, though it seemed to Orchrist that Sage's voice sounded less and less sure of what she spoke, which only served to fuel her insecurities about the whole deal.

“The snake camp is not too far from here, I will not be able to go the entire way with you Seviper, if they discover me they may sense the ruse or just kill me on the spot,” she says although she didn’t sound afraid of her death. “I will lead you to where you need to be then you’re on your own. Now listen closely, I will tell you all that I know about the vile creatures so that this plan can work. The snakes came to our forest roughly a year ago and they chose this particular part of the forest of a reason. These creatures are very superstitious, they believe in Gods and magic rather than sense and reason. We forest dwellers believe in the legends of course, Celebii is a guardian of the forest as he is of many and there is a shrine erected in his honour in the greatest depths but their beliefs are wild and unfounded. In the part of the forest they currently inhabit lies the source of their power, or so they believe. Our past leader spoke to us of their belief before he … he spoke that they believe a great magical source runs through the ground and water there, that it is sacred to them and that a statue of one of their ‘God’s’ resides there. They are high protective of the land and what resides there and so attack anything that comes near it without thought for the consequences. That it how the war started, one of our number accidentally wandered onto their ground and decided to greet them. They murdered that poor soul without a second thought and would do the same to any other Pokemon that got in their way.” Her voice showing her anger at the past atrocities committed, a feeling Orchrist could totally empathize with.

“The Arbok that leads them is the most delusional of them all, it believes itself is wielder of this ‘magic’ and yet … many odd things have occurred since they arrived it is almost enough to make you consider their beliefs. Regardless their beliefs have caused the deaths of many and we must try to stop that. You will enter their land and tell them that you are sent from their God as a messenger, as a fellow snake they will at least give you time to speak. You must sound strong in your conviction; they must believe what you say for the plan to work. You will tell them that their God has issued an order, that they are … that they are to leave this forest, that the magic here is all but exhausted and they are ready, ready to take on the rest of the world, to convert all those that stand in their way or die.”

Orchrist stared at Sage for a moment. Something was just terribly off and that made her feel uneasy. "Suicide," Orchrist thought to herself. How did they ever expect her to play such a role when it seemed that even they themselves did not truly understand what they were messing with? No, this just can't be the solution. But what other choice did she have?

She takes a moment to sort through her thoughts. Perhaps, using what she just learned, she could try another approach to infiltrate the snake's group in a far less suspicious manner. Instead of blatantly laying claim to being God's messenger, she could just say that she felt 'some great force' led her to these lands for a purpose still unbeknownst to her. The more vague you are, and the less you claim to know, the less likely will someone ever catch your lie. From there, she could just work her way to their leader before overthrowing him. With the biggest threat gone, the rest would probably sort out by itself, one way or another.

Orchrist nodded in approval at Sage's plan before parting ways with her. "I'm sorry Sage, but I've decided I'm going for plan B," Orchrist mumbled to herself as she headed towards the snakes domain.

***

Though still upset at the dug up memories, the Ekans give a brief look to Balmund before giving him further information about the native forest dwellers.

“Very well, if you are finished with your pointless questions I will tell you about the weak enemies you will help us to destroy,” it says emotionless, not like the others who seemed to be gleeful at the thought of maiming the forest dwellers.

“These simple creatures have lived here longer than we have, that is a truth but they are undeserving of the forest they call a home. They have no purpose or drive; they waste their lives through menial tasks and do not honor the Gods that bestowed this land to them. They are defilers, it is a disgrace to use what another gave them without thanks or praise. We came to this forest as our God told us to, the great God Ndengei send word that there was sacred land for us to protect, it contains the shrine and the statue that represents him that holds your body. A great power lies in this land, the water and the sky and our God has shown us the way home. It is said that all snakes were born on this land under his watchful eye, some will move on with his purpose and the rest will remain to protect that which is sacred. The forest dwellers were not happy with our presence here and threw the first stone, they lured one of our number away and killed him, an example they said to those that intrude in their forest. This is why we plan to exterminate them, we must protect the sacred land, and they mustn’t be allowed to defile it any further. You possess the dead body of their old leader, killed by our great leaders fangs, but they are not aware of this, our leader slain the Parasect in a silent part of the forest, alone with no witnesses. They know he is gone, but they are not certain of his death, you will eradicate any doubts. You will pose as their leader, you were lost for a long time after you fought against the mighty Arbok, injured and lost and spent your time recovering your strength. You will claim leadership back from the bird and inform your ‘people’ that you have spent your time thinking, that you have made a plan, a plan to destroy the snakes. You will lead them right to us and we will end it there”.

"Ah, this is just great," thought Balmund. How was he supposed to convince the Pokmon that he was indeed their leader, when he knew so little about its body's owner? The Parasect's shiny body certainly helps, and the chances of there being another in the area is that of zero to none. Perhaps he could make use of this to his advantage? Balmund hoped he would, for it seemed his life rested in his acting abilities.

“I cannot take you the entire way there, they would not believe you to have a snake escort, you will have to go the rest of the way yourself.” The Ekans slithered over to the panicked Parasect.

"Understood," replied Balmund as he turned away and headed towards the natives. There was no way he would pull the act though. Instead, a new plan just occurred to Balmund, one that would take advantage of his body and lack of information. Claim amnesia, it's as simple as that. All he would remember would be waking up, wounded in the middle of nowhere. Lost, he somehow managed to survive and regain his strength until somehow coincidentally (or even instinctively) finding his way back home. All else, he would conveniently forget, even his name. The natives would certainly react to the shiny body of their previous leader, and the circumstantial evidence just adds up nicely. Deducing that Balmund was their lost leader would only be the logical and reasonable conclusion. From there, he could dedicate some time in learning the natives side of the story and a bit more of his 'old self'.

'Wonderful' thought Balmund with a slight smile on his face as he calmed himself and recovered a bit of his confidence. This may just work after all, and a bit of hope is all he needed to keep his sanity in place.

***

It was amazing and ironic that both Balmund and Orchrist managed to reach their destinations at the same time. Balmund could see through the bushes the grass, bug and bird Pokmon that were the forest dwellers and Orchrist could hear the snakes in their domain. Both Sage and Ekans had stopped waiting for them both to finish the distance on their own. What neither knew was that the stories didn't mesh, part of the past was warped by either side to suit their needs and the story was missing huge chunks that could probably prove invaluable later on. What they both knew is that this was D Day and their greatest tests were about to begin. Their minds were set. What would lay in store for them and how will their decisions affect the outcome of this war?

Last edited by Balmund; 03-01-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Grammar, and stuff
Balmund is offline  
Old 03-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #281
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,261
Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 11

Forest of Mystery – Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ Left at the edge of what could be a very dangerous situation both you and Orchrist were forming plans of your own. As your escorts left their words still strong in your minds you push their instructions aside, you both knew better, their plans had so many holes your deceptions were sure to pour through. As you both stood on the threshold you plucked up the courage to act, to take the first steps towards either salvation or destruction.

Orchrist observed the snakes carefully for a moment seeking out the leader only to find him no where in sight, she would have to work her way up to him through the minions. The Ekans were broken into small groups all performing different tasks, some were meditating and chanting to their God’s, others were fighting to test their strength and weed out the weak and some were performing other menial tasks but none of them seemed at all fazed by their duties. They all looked emotionless as they went about their business and Orchrist was left wondering which group was best to approach. Her gaze fell back onto the fighters as one Ekans grounded the other biting its neck in what could prove to be a fatal wound. It slithered off painfully its blood painting the ground as the other looked proud of its work. Perhaps a show of bravado would work.

Taking a breath she slithers through the bushes head high looking as important as possible whilst remembering her own plan; she was drawn here by a greater power. It didn’t take long for her presence to be known as the Ekans stopped their activities and stared at her with cold eyes, distrustful already but from what Sage told her she was not surprised. One of the fighters, the one who had just won dared to slither forward and challenge her.

“Why do you trespass on this sacred ground Seviper? What is your purpose here?” it asks sounding almost curious, she could bet that not many of her kind showed up in this forest every day. With a clear voice full of confidence she spoke of a feeling, a natural instinct that drew her here, the feeing of great power urging her forward and the snakes listened. They were much smaller than her size and so she looked a little intimating but they easily outnumbered her giving them the advantage. It didn’t take long for her presence to draw their leader from the masses, the large regal Arbok slithering forward with intrigue hidden in his vile orbs.

“I heard of your arrival Seviper and find myself intrigued, why are you here, if I do not like your answer I will end your existence very … quickly,” Orchrist pushing the nerves down answers him whilst thinking of ways to get to him and wring the life out of his body. He was currently well protected, the whole clan of Ekans were gathered and a sense of trust would need to be gained to even get close to him. She spoke her answer, the same she had given the Ekans and he stared at her trying to see any deceptions, any reasons to kill her but in his eyes she could see something else, a new emotion, it was almost like joy, perhaps a deep glee. Her presence here had brought that emotion out but why?

“If such a force brought you here then you must be special,” Arbok hissed with amusement in his voice. “Lets see how true your words are,” he says before hissing loudly causing the Ekans to break apart leaving the fighting space free.

“You will fight; if you can sense the power of the great God you will be victorious.” An Ekans slithered forward with brightly coloured marks painted on its body and a charm across its forehead.

“This one is our shaman; it is protected by the Gods for it can sense their power greater than any of us below me. If you can defeat it in just 3 attacks, then I will know that our great God has chosen a new shaman,”

It was one hell of a task set and as the shaman hummed and swayed to and fro Orchrist was left wondering how to go about this. If what Arbok said was true then she would fail and be killed instantly. But if she defeated the shaman she would have gained a place in their group and be one step closer to ending this war and finding her father. But what moves to use? She would have to be careful not to reveal her true nature.

***

Stood on the edge of the forest dwellers home you peered through the bushes running your plan through your mind. You didn’t know enough about their leader to impersonate him and Ekans hadn’t told you enough to get a head start. You would have to feign amnesia, you had woken up injured in the middle of the forest not knowing how you got there or who you were that way if they believed you they would tell you all you needed to know about the leader and it would all glide together from there. Taking a deep breath you put a dazed expression on your face before pushing through the bushes looking around a little confused, fortunately you had never seen this part of the forest so it almost came naturally. Peering up in the trees you saw a couple of Pidgey and Taillow talking animatedly and on the forest floor there were many grass and bug Pokemon going on about their business looking at ease and happy; you didn’t want to destroy this!

As you scuttled on you hear a gasp as a Gloom stares at you its mouth agape not quite believing its eyes.

“Oh my …” it utters before running off calling out very loudly, so much for your arrival going unnoticed. Very soon various other Pokemon had began to swarm around you the birds in the trees peering down at you with a mixture of confusion and happiness. Oddish, Weepinbells, Skiplooms, Lotads and other grass types clambered through the undergrowth to get a view of you whilst Wurmple, Caterpie, Nincada, Kricketots, Ledian and other bugs seemed to literally rejoice at the sight of you. You find all the attention uncomfortable and shrink away as they try to get closer, so much for convincing they all looked ready to hug and kiss you in joy just at the sight of you. They all talk to you at once and you look back and forth feeling overwhelmed stuttering out that you didn’t understand and asking for some space.

“Back off everyone back off,” the same Gloom says from before upon seeing your state. “They’re just all so surprised and happy to see you again Saffron,” she says giving you the first piece of information, the leader’s name. You keep the confused look on your face and explain that you didn’t know where you were or who all these people were. The Gloom looks mortified and inches closer to you.

“What happened to you?” she asks and you hear another voice, a male one repeat the question. Looking up you see a Pidgeotto staring down at you with narrowed eyes.

“Yes what did happen to you Saffron?” he asks swooping down to stop before you looking at you with distrustful eyes a hint of something else hidden beneath the surface, anger? Jealousy?

You explain what you had ran through you mind before you came here, that you had woken up injured in the forest with no memory of who you were or what you were doing there. You had travelled through the forest searching for answers and finally found your way here. There were gasps as you told your story but there was one who didn’t trust you, or didn’t want to believe you were who you said you were and that was the Pidegotto. He was staring at you making you feel very comfortable.

“That sounds terrible, it really does, but if you are who you say you are there is one thing you would not have forgotten,” he says hopping off before pushing a small Paras forward with his wing.

“Who is this? You can’t have forgotten her?” he asks as you stare down at the small Paras, the insect looking nervously at the Pidgeotto before looking at you with bug hopeful eyes. How were you going to lie your way through this, apparently this bird expected you to have some memories left and the Paras looked like she desperately wanted you to remember her. You could take a stab in the dark or you could feign more amnesia, which answer would cause the least damage, that was the question.
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #282
AiedailEclipsed
Boulder Badge
 
AiedailEclipsed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bogalusa, LA
Posts: 151
Send a message via AIM to AiedailEclipsed Send a message via Yahoo to AiedailEclipsed Send a message via Skype™ to AiedailEclipsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Ocean of Mystery – Please reply in deepskyblue

AiedialEclipsed ~ Although you should be excited that this was your first ever battle and in such a serene environment. It was not every day you could experience an underwater battle, but there was something off and it had you growing more and more nervous. First there was the red object that kept appearing in your line of vision then disappearing, it could possibly be your imagination but the fact that it kept appearing was making you believe more and more that something was out there, and that something was following you. Add to that the fact that the wild Pokemon inhabiting the area were disappearing at an alarming rate despite their interest in the battle with the foreigners … it all had you on edge. You make a note to tell Jonah your concerns but with Horsea still raring to fight you concentrate back on the battle.

Gemma had one Copycat left and both of them despite their loos of energy looked ready to continue, you decide to play of the defensive and give your commands. Both Clamperl’s release a breath of Icy Wind, the cold wave of air freeze the water as it passes causing the chunks of ice to rise to the surface. Aiming to distract Horsea the attack doesn’t quite reach it and the seahorse frowns in confusion but is distracted enough for Gemma to act. She tries to move behind her copycat but it moves along with her. The nature of the attack is that the copies follow its user’s movements so after a few futile efforts she gives up with your plan. Suddenly a wave of black smoke fills the water as Horsea decides its bored of Gemma’s games and uses its Smokescreen to obscure her vision. You peer into the smoke nervously andaA blast of rainbow energy shoots through narrowly missing you as you swim out of the way. The smoke begins to rise up and you can just about make out Gemma’s form searching for Horsea but her copy was gone, Horsea wasn’t about to give up on this battle yet.

Jonah had made his way over to you as you call him and ask about the red light you keep seeing. He looks at you with concern and almost a pity, it was obvious that he hadn’t and was questioning your sanity. You feel embarrassed at having asked him but you notice him looking around with a thoughtful gaze.

“I haven’t seen a red light Anna, but when did all the local Pokemon disappear?” he asks confused and now concerned. “We shouldn’t have scared them off with our battle, they have seen Seel and I battle many times before.” Seel was swimming to and fro sensing its trainers worries and looking about for any sign of its friends. You still had a battle to finish and Horsea was not willing to back down so easily but with Jonah now as concerned as you it only made you worry further. Something was happening here and whatever it was it couldn’t be good.


Floating serenely in the water, slightly on edge, but ever vigilant and watchful, especially with this red light that she seems to see everywhere almost. She turns once again to the battle at hand which has her emotions running wild almost, the exhilaration, the adrenalin rush, the apprehensiveness... the happiness, thinking this is where she belongs, under the sea. Evaluating her last moves, she should have realized that her strategy utilizing Gemma's Copycat would never work, and only caused Gemma and the clone to flail around vulnerably. Taking the initiative, the small creature lets out a blast of shadowy ink and not a moment later another flash of rainbow energy soars out of the cloud and missing the Anna barely.

Noticing Anna's duress swims over to respond to her question, "I haven’t seen a red light Anna, but when did all the local Pokemon disappear?” responding with a question in itself. Looking around Anna sees that it is indeed true, and Jonah adds “We shouldn’t have scared them off with our battle, they have seen Seel and I battle many times before.” Anna spots Seel darting around worriedly looking for the other Pokemon, but with matters of her own to tend to in the form of the irksome Horsea.

Anna whirls around in a veil of bubbles. "Ok, Gemma, stick with our earlier decision to go on the defense. Start out with a rock hard Iron Defense and keep your shell closed. Let it come to you, and if it gets within a few feet use Clamp on it." With the orders doled out, Anna looks around trying to think of where the red light could have possibly emanated from and even more worrisome, where the Pokemon could have gone. I just hope that we haven't done anything, or that they aren't in trouble. thinking to herself before turning back towards the battle but her mind laden still with these thoughts.
__________________
AiedailEclipsed is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #283
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,261
Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 12

Ocean of Mystery – Please reply in deepskyblue


AiedialEclipsed ~ What started out as a simple battle has now turned into a puzzling and strange situation. You were far too keen to stop the fight, wanting to see it through to the end but the water had taken an eerie stillness that was unsettling both you and Jonah. His Seel was on edge and swimming through the water with an anxious pace searching for any of the wild Pokemon that had not long been watching. Gemma was focused on her opponent enough to miss your concerns as was the Horsea she battled. Jonah stayed close to you and you felt that little bit safer but your thoughts kept returning to the flashes of red you saw. Red was a symbolic colour, it meant many things and amongst them was danger, that was what you sensed every time you saw it and you could only hope whatever it was would go away and leave you all alone.

Horsea wasn’t ready to stop its onslaught and as you saw it revving up to attack you focused your mind back to the battle commanding Gemma to work on her defenses. Horsea fires yet more Bubbles towards the bivalve who clamps tightly shit glowing a bright silver as she takes on an Iron Defense the watery attack hardly stinging her diamond-like shell. Horsea swims closer waiting for Gemma to open up so it could attack her softer insides but she was ready for it. When it was close enough Gemma opened up before Clamping down on Horsea’s head making it squeal in pain and wriggle furiously trying to escape the crushing blow. You felt that Gemma had Horsea down for sure when a rainbow light shot through the tiny gaps in her shell causing her to spring open abruptly shaking as Horsea gingerly swam off its Aurora Beam having had the desired effect.

You were beginning to wonder when the persistent seahorse would go down and as it bristled readying yet another attack you were left desperately wondering what to do. Suddenly as if in slow motion Horsea stopped and turned to look behind it, its eyes widened in shock as a black cannonball shot into it slamming it down into the coral a sickening crack resounding as its little spine snapped from the impact. You could only stare in horror as Gemma and Jonah matched your expressions.

“Oh my God,” Jonah whispered and suddenly he was scouring the ocean in a panic as Seel squealed at him. He turned to his friend only to get rammed into by its white body just as a red form exploded past his previous position. You felt your body grow cold as the red form shot past you, it had found and now it was attacking you! You hear Gemma scream and turn to see the red monster heading right for her. She clamps down in a panic as it wraps its tentacle around her body slowly prising her open. You can only scream for her as the beast blasts her with the same black ink throwing her to the ocean floor unconscious. It turns to face you and you shake trying not to cry as those cold black eyes stare right into your soul. You want to return Gemma but your body is frozen as the large Octillery stares you down. You were a sitting duck as it sped towards you but Jonah had recovered enough to push you out of the way the Octillery swatting him away with its meaty tentacles. Seel swims up behind it ramming it with its horn but it outsized and underpowered as a fight ensued. Jonah swam back to you holding his left arm painfully.

“We need to move, back to the boat now Anna, swim, keep swimming!” he yelled in panic as he swam up to the surface and breaking out of your stupor you look down at Gemma prone form feeling fear and guilt rush over you as you follow him. With a final cry Seel had succumbed to Octillery’s power and it was back after you. You swam for all you were worth but felt a scream rip from your throat as it grabbed onto your leg dragging you back down. Jonah yelled for you before diving back down throwing a punch at Octillery receiving a Smokescreen to his eyes for his troubles. You escape its grasp briefly before it tentacle smack you around the face bringing stars to your eyes and knocking your PBE from your mouth. With your vision impaired and your head pounding you flail around in a panic as the oxygen quickly leaves your lungs. You swim down grasping at the water desperately for your breathing equipment finding nothing with each swipe of your hands. Soon your lungs burn as the last traces of air leaves them and water begins to seep in. You can only gasp and feel the darkness surround you hoping that Gemma would be safe without you as every sense died.


***

You felt cold, that was the first thing to hit your mind and you wondered why heave would be so cold, and hard. You established that you were lying down and the floor was very hard and cold and smooth. Groaning as your head pounded you opened your eyes crack to see a blurry vision of silver and steel, this definitely wasn’t the afterlife! As the feeling returned to your limbs you push yourself into a sitting position wincing at the pain in your leg and head and saw the reminder of the attack, several suction burns that were raw and throbbing. You look down at the metal floor and the bars attached to it that rose to the ceiling with gaps too small to squeeze through. Through the cage now imprisoning you, you could see what looked like a laboratory of some kind filled with expensive looking equipment and computers. You were confused as to how you got here, wherever here was, your mind was filled with questions the first one popping up was, why were you suddenly alone, a prisoner in a spooky lab?
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #284
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Forest of Mystery – Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ Left at the edge of what could be a very dangerous situation both you and Orchrist were forming plans of your own. As your escorts left their words still strong in your minds you push their instructions aside, you both knew better, their plans had so many holes your deceptions were sure to pour through. As you both stood on the threshold you plucked up the courage to act, to take the first steps towards either salvation or destruction.

Orchrist observed the snakes carefully for a moment seeking out the leader only to find him no where in sight, she would have to work her way up to him through the minions. The Ekans were broken into small groups all performing different tasks, some were meditating and chanting to their God’s, others were fighting to test their strength and weed out the weak and some were performing other menial tasks but none of them seemed at all fazed by their duties. They all looked emotionless as they went about their business and Orchrist was left wondering which group was best to approach. Her gaze fell back onto the fighters as one Ekans grounded the other biting its neck in what could prove to be a fatal wound. It slithered off painfully its blood painting the ground as the other looked proud of its work. Perhaps a show of bravado would work.

Taking a breath she slithers through the bushes head high looking as important as possible whilst remembering her own plan; she was drawn here by a greater power. It didn’t take long for her presence to be known as the Ekans stopped their activities and stared at her with cold eyes, distrustful already but from what Sage told her she was not surprised. One of the fighters, the one who had just won dared to slither forward and challenge her.

“Why do you trespass on this sacred ground Seviper? What is your purpose here?” it asks sounding almost curious, she could bet that not many of her kind showed up in this forest every day. With a clear voice full of confidence she spoke of a feeling, a natural instinct that drew her here, the feeing of great power urging her forward and the snakes listened. They were much smaller than her size and so she looked a little intimating but they easily outnumbered her giving them the advantage. It didn’t take long for her presence to draw their leader from the masses, the large regal Arbok slithering forward with intrigue hidden in his vile orbs.

“I heard of your arrival Seviper and find myself intrigued, why are you here, if I do not like your answer I will end your existence very … quickly,” Orchrist pushing the nerves down answers him whilst thinking of ways to get to him and wring the life out of his body. He was currently well protected, the whole clan of Ekans were gathered and a sense of trust would need to be gained to even get close to him. She spoke her answer, the same she had given the Ekans and he stared at her trying to see any deceptions, any reasons to kill her but in his eyes she could see something else, a new emotion, it was almost like joy, perhaps a deep glee. Her presence here had brought that emotion out but why?

“If such a force brought you here then you must be special,” Arbok hissed with amusement in his voice. “Lets see how true your words are,” he says before hissing loudly causing the Ekans to break apart leaving the fighting space free.

“You will fight; if you can sense the power of the great God you will be victorious.” An Ekans slithered forward with brightly coloured marks painted on its body and a charm across its forehead.

“This one is our shaman; it is protected by the Gods for it can sense their power greater than any of us below me. If you can defeat it in just 3 attacks, then I will know that our great God has chosen a new shaman,”

It was one hell of a task set and as the shaman hummed and swayed to and fro Orchrist was left wondering how to go about this. If what Arbok said was true then she would fail and be killed instantly. But if she defeated the shaman she would have gained a place in their group and be one step closer to ending this war and finding her father. But what moves to use? She would have to be careful not to reveal her true nature.

***

Stood on the edge of the forest dwellers home you peered through the bushes running your plan through your mind. You didn’t know enough about their leader to impersonate him and Ekans hadn’t told you enough to get a head start. You would have to feign amnesia, you had woken up injured in the middle of the forest not knowing how you got there or who you were that way if they believed you they would tell you all you needed to know about the leader and it would all glide together from there. Taking a deep breath you put a dazed expression on your face before pushing through the bushes looking around a little confused, fortunately you had never seen this part of the forest so it almost came naturally. Peering up in the trees you saw a couple of Pidgey and Taillow talking animatedly and on the forest floor there were many grass and bug Pokemon going on about their business looking at ease and happy; you didn’t want to destroy this!

As you scuttled on you hear a gasp as a Gloom stares at you its mouth agape not quite believing its eyes.

“Oh my …” it utters before running off calling out very loudly, so much for your arrival going unnoticed. Very soon various other Pokemon had began to swarm around you the birds in the trees peering down at you with a mixture of confusion and happiness. Oddish, Weepinbells, Skiplooms, Lotads and other grass types clambered through the undergrowth to get a view of you whilst Wurmple, Caterpie, Nincada, Kricketots, Ledian and other bugs seemed to literally rejoice at the sight of you. You find all the attention uncomfortable and shrink away as they try to get closer, so much for convincing they all looked ready to hug and kiss you in joy just at the sight of you. They all talk to you at once and you look back and forth feeling overwhelmed stuttering out that you didn’t understand and asking for some space.

“Back off everyone back off,” the same Gloom says from before upon seeing your state. “They’re just all so surprised and happy to see you again Saffron,” she says giving you the first piece of information, the leader’s name. You keep the confused look on your face and explain that you didn’t know where you were or who all these people were. The Gloom looks mortified and inches closer to you.

“What happened to you?” she asks and you hear another voice, a male one repeat the question. Looking up you see a Pidgeotto staring down at you with narrowed eyes.

“Yes what did happen to you Saffron?” he asks swooping down to stop before you looking at you with distrustful eyes a hint of something else hidden beneath the surface, anger? Jealousy?

You explain what you had ran through you mind before you came here, that you had woken up injured in the forest with no memory of who you were or what you were doing there. You had travelled through the forest searching for answers and finally found your way here. There were gasps as you told your story but there was one who didn’t trust you, or didn’t want to believe you were who you said you were and that was the Pidegotto. He was staring at you making you feel very comfortable.

“That sounds terrible, it really does, but if you are who you say you are there is one thing you would not have forgotten,” he says hopping off before pushing a small Paras forward with his wing.

“Who is this? You can’t have forgotten her?” he asks as you stare down at the small Paras, the insect looking nervously at the Pidgeotto before looking at you with bug hopeful eyes. How were you going to lie your way through this, apparently this bird expected you to have some memories left and the Paras looked like she desperately wanted you to remember her. You could take a stab in the dark or you could feign more amnesia, which answer would cause the least damage, that was the question.

Hiding behind the bushes, Orchrist took a moment to carefully observe the snakes, trying to look for their leader though apparently he was nowhere in sight. The Ekans themselves though were broken into small groups, all performing different tasks. Some were meditating and chanting to their God while others were fighting to test their strength and some others just performing several menial tasks. One specific group, the fighters, caught her attention as one of the Ekans was grounded by the other biting its neck in what could prove to be a fatal wound. It slithered off painfully, tits blood painting the ground as the other looked proud of its work.

Taking a breath, Orchrist slither through the bushes, her head high, looking as important as possible as she remembered her own plan. It didn't take long for her presence to be known as the Ekans soon stopped their activities and stared at her with cold eyes. They were much smaller in size compared to her, which made her look a little intimidating, but their sheer number gave them the advantage and made her a bit uncomfortable. One of the fighters, the one who had just won, dared to slither forward and challenge her.

"Why do you trespass on this sacred ground Seviper? What is your purpose here?" it asks sounding almost curious; she could bet not my of her kind showed up in this forest every day.

"I know not what my purpose is in coming here. I was drawn here by instinct, a feeling of great power that urged me forward. I've dreamt of this place. I don't know why, I just know that I have to be here," Orchrist said with a clear voice, full of confidence and conviction, and the snakes listened. It didn't take long for her presence to draw their leader from the masses, the large, regal Arbok slithering forward with intrigue hidden in his vile eyes.

"I heard of your arrival Seviper and find myself intrigued. Why are you here? if I do not like you answer I will end your existence very… quickly."

Orchrist gave the same same answer she had given to the other Ekans as she thought of how to get him and wring out the life out of his body. The Arbok was well protected and trying something right would probably get her killed. She'll have to earned their trust and fast to get a good shot. He stared at her trying to see any deceptions, any reason to kill her on the spot, but instead a new emotion rose up, almost like joy, or perhaps deep glee.

"If such a force brought you here then you must be special," Arbok hissed with amusement in his voice. "Lets see how true your words are," he says before hissing loudly, causing the Ekans to break apart leaving some free space.

"You will fight; if you can sense the power of the great god you will be victorious." An Ekans slithered forward with brightly colored marks painted on its body and a charm across its forehead.

"This is our shaman; it is protected by the Gods for it can sense their power greater than any of us below me. If you can defeat it in just three attacks, then I will know that our great god has chosen a new shaman."

That was indeed a hell of a task. Orchrist recalled fighting and winning against other Ekans before (albeit they were mostly owned by rather unskilled youngsters) and had an idea of what to expect, but defeating any opponent (much less a skilled one) in three moves or less is no mean feat. If only Balmund was there, he would surely think of something. Backing off was out of the question for her, this was her greatest and probably only chance she would ever get to complete her mission. She couldn't just let that go to waste. But how would she go about this? Perhaps, all she needed is but one decisive move. If she could get her foe to surrender somehow, she would technically be declared the victor. Winning via submission is legit and many a fight have ended in mere seconds through it. The plan was set. Orchrist would start off with a defensive move, a Double Team to confuse her opponent as she closes in. From there, she will launch a False Swipe. If all goes well, the feint will provide ample room for her to Wrap her foe into submission. Once immobilized, victory was assured, or so she hoped.

"So the force that led me here is your God? To be a shaman, maybe that's my true purpose… Very well, I accept your challenge!"

***

Putting on a dazed expression on his face, Balmund pushes forward into the forest dweller's home, looking around confused. He could see a couple of Pidgey and Taillow talking animately to each other up in the trees. On the forest floor, many grass and bug Pokmon were going on about their own business, looking quite happy and at ease. This was so different from the snakes' camp. It reminded him of why he loved nature so much; he didn't want to destroy any of this!

As he scuttles on, Balmund hears a gasp as a Gloom stares at him with its mouth agape, not quite believing its eyes.

"Oh my…" it utters before running off calling out very loudly. Very soon various other Pokmon had began to swarm around him while the birds in the trees peered down with a mixture of confusion and happiness. Oddis, Weepinbells, Skiplooms, Lotads and other grass types clambered through the undergrowth to get a view of him whilst Wurmple, Caterpie, Nincada, kricketots, Ledian and other bugs seemed to literally rejoice at the sight of you. All this made Balmund quite uncomfortable. He's never been much of a social Butterfree, and he didn't quite know how to deal with crowds. They all talk to him at once and he can't help but to look back and forth, feeling overwhelmed.

"W-what is going on?! P-please get off me… ah…" Balmund stuttered.

"Back off everyone, back off," the same Gloom says upon seeing his state. "They're all just so surprised to see you again Saffron," she says.

"Saffron? ...I'm sorry, I just don't know what is going on. Where am I and who are you people?" he replied with a confused look in his face. The Gloom looks mortified upon hearing this and inches a bit closer.

"What happened to you?" she asks before another voice is heard.

"Yes, what died happen to you Saffron?" says the voice of a male Pidgeotto as he swoops down to a stop right before Balmund, looking at him with distressful eyes with a hint of something else hidden beneath the surface. Anger, or perhaps jealousy?

"i don't know. My head feels foggy. All I remember is waking in the middle of nowhere. I was severely injured and lost. Trying to look for answers, I eventually found my way here. I'm really sorry. I really don't remember anything at all, though I feel I really should," he explained. There were gasps as he told his story, but there was only one didn't trust him, or didn't want to believe, and that was the Pidgeotto. He kept staring at Balmund, making him feel very uncomfortable.

"That sounds terrible, it really does, but if you are who you say you are, there is one thing you would not have forgotten," he says hopping off before pushing a small Paras forward with his wing.

"Who is this? You can't have forgotten her?" he asks as Balmund stares down at the small Paras, the bug Pokmon looking at the Pidgeotto before looking at him with hopeful eyes. Apparently the Pidgeotto expected him to have some memories left, but why? The Paras looked like she desperately wanted him to remember her. What was her relationship with the Parasect. Balmund could take a guess, but he wasn't really sure. This was very wrong, and Balmund didn't want to keep up the charade any longer, but he couldn't expose himself. The risk, was just too high. He would stick to his plan, he really doesn't know anything at all after all. Still he didn't want to completely crush the poor paras.

"I… I feel like I've seen you before. Why do you look so familiar?" he said looking at the small Paras before flinching. "Ugh! My head is spinning… a giant snake… an Arbok? A statue.. I'm… so confused."

Balmund tried to recall the same feeling he felt as he lost Orchrist so as to help him look as dazed and pale as possible. It sure helped, as soon enough he felt knots forming on his stomach, though the thought reminded him of the painful fact that his prized Pokmon was still lost. As he tried to buy for more time he thought of an idea however. Even if the soul of the body's owner was gone, perhaps his memories, or remnants of it, still remained. It was crazy, but worth trying. Concentrating hard, he tried to "remember" something. Perhaps another instance of listening to the name 'Saffron', or an important figure in the Parasect's life. Something ought to lie deep in there and he could probably dig up something if he tried hard enough!
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 03-18-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Balmund is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 08:47 AM   #285
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,261
Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 13

Forest of Mystery – Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ Orchrist played her part very well and the snakes seemed to be falling for it, even the mighty Arbok looked almost pleased to see her, for a moment. He slithered forward regally towering over her form as he surveyed her closely and as she spoke to him of the powers drawing her here a gleeful look filled his eye. He was quick to test her information though and a brightly painted Ekans slithered forward a pawn in the newly set challenge. Arbok grinned as he ordered Orchrist to best his shaman, the Ekans looking unfazed by the command to be attacked and possibly beaten, almost as if it sensed that Orchrist was unworthy. She studied her foe and wished more than ever that Balmund was with her, he would know what to do. She knew her own strength but to defeat a healthy opponent with only 3 strikes, its seemed almost impossible but she had to try, it was the only way they would trust her. Accepting the challenge from Arbok she slithered into the battling ring opposite the shaman who was swaying back and forth with a dazed look in its eyes. She had her plan in mind and waited to see if the Ekans wuld make a move of its own. As it swayed back and forth Orchrist began to get the feeling that it wasn’t going to make a move, at least until she did. She concentrating hard he made several copies of herself surrounding the Ekans who didn’t eve seem to care. Sighing not happy with such a confusing battle she moved onto her next attack casting a glancing blow to the shaman’s body with her False Swipe before surrounding it and wrapping it as hard as she could applying pressure to the most painful spots she could. The Ekans winced a little under the strain but still had fight left in it and Orchrist began to sweat a little.

“ENOUGH”, the Arbok roared as Orchrist let the Ekans go dropping it unceremoniously to the ground. The elder snake slithered up to her as Orchrist tried to look as respectful as she possibly could.

“How illuminating,” he said grinning at her making her almost shudder against the gaze, “and yet how disappointing,” he added slithering away as the crowd of Ekans began to surround her. This was not good!


***

You were equally testing your acting skill to the max today as you feigned severe memory loss and confusion as the forest dwellers gathered around your foreign form. They were all so very pleased to see you but were giving you pitying looks as you explained all that you could remember; audible gasps filled the air at your story. Someone however didn’t seem as happy to see you and the Pidgeotto didn’t make a great show of hiding it. He flew down to your level and invaded your personal space looking you over and you hoped that he couldn’t see the deceit in your eye. You kept up the charade and answered his questions with your confused and sad glances that had the others eating out the palm of your hand but still the bird could only glare at you, as if your presence here was detrimental to him. Wanting to test you further he calls forth a small Paras that looks at you with wide eyes full of hope as he demands you tell them all who she is. You panic a little, you had hoped they would just believe you from the start, I mean, how many shiny Parasect were crawling through this forest. You stared at her long and hard deciding to feign more memory loss and confusion rather than taking a stab in the dark, the result which would be more disastrous if you got it wrong.

You spouted out about the things you had seen at the snake camp as you head you head feigning pain at trying to dreg up memories and unbeknownst to you Pidgeotto looked surprised at what you said before a small smile came across his beak. You stare back at the Paras who has tears in her eyes but was trying so desperately to hide them from you.

“Its alright,” she sniffs backing off as you feel the guilt eat away at you. If only you could remember something, dammit, there must be a way, there must. Suddenly it was if your body responded to your plea as a memory flashed across your vision. You snuggled up to another Parasect looking into her eyes and feeling such love for her before looking down at a little newborn Paras that was sleeping peacefully, you had never felt such pride until this moment. You snapped back to reality and called at to the Paras and she turned around. You used her name, Cassia and she cried before throwing herself into your embrace. She was this Parasect’s daughter and just being in his body you could the connection now. The other Pokemon cheered and chattered amongst them, excited that you regained a piece of your memory.

“Well, welcome back Saffron,” the Pidgeotto said and you felt a name flash into your head, Hawk, he was Hawk.

“This is a sign people, do you not see, our great leader has returned, to lead us to victory over the snakes,” The other Pokemon chattered even louder, some agreeing some still unsure. “Saffron has returned to us from the grip of the snakes unharmed and together we will lead you to victory, to peace.” The Pokemon rally together and cheer for you as you feel the guilt eat at you again. The plan had worked, you would lead the Pokemon to their deaths at the hands of the snakes, Hawk had ensured that, he seemed almost to want to fight them.

“Preparations must be made, we will leave when the sun is highest in the sky,” Hawk announces before flying off as the Pokemon prepare for war.


***

Orchrist was pushed along by the sheer number of Ekans and instantly knew that she had failed that challenge, would she die now, by the hands of these common snakes? They lead her through their grounds and her eyes widened involuntarily as she saw her father hung up in the coils of the snake statue, looking nearly dead. Her surprise and horror didn’t go unnoticed by Arbok whose grin only widened to cover his entire face.

“I knew that you were no ordinary Seviper, those attacks you used, though pathetically underpowered were unique, your species does not allow you access to such attacks naturally, you were taught them by a human,” he said looking proud of his deduction skills.

“Does it pain you Seviper to see your weak human like this, he is my pawn in something to great for you to understand. He will assist me to bring the destruction of the pathetic creatures that inhabit this forest. But while we wait for armaggedon, I will amuse myself by destroying you, leaving your carcass for your human to find.” The Ekans back off to give their leader room to fight and Orchrist is left with too many concerns and questions but if she didn’t act fast, she could fall prey to the elder snakes bite.


***

As the forest dwellers prepared you desparately thought of a way to stop all of this, you didn’t think you could live with guilt of their deaths on your conscience but on the other hand what choice did you have. It didn’t take long at all for midday to arrive and the Pokemon were gathering in the clearing chattering nervously amongst themselves, most of them looking to you for guidance as you looked anywhere but their hopeful faces. Hawk joined you swooping down to land beside you.

“Today will be forever remembered in history as the day we defeated the snakes and brought peace back to the forest. Celebii watches over us and will protect us in our honourable quest. Saffron will lead the way, be ready my friends and family, for we march onwards to battle.” With his speech over Hawk turns to you with a steely glance.

“You spoke of the snakes, you know where they reside old friend, you must lead us there, and you will ensure a surprise attack. It will give us the edge we need to win. We have the greater numbers we will over run them and force them out. It has been what we have always planned to do together, and now you have returned, it is a sign. Come Saffron, time to lead us to a new dawn.” He seems almost impassioned in his speech but still something felt off about it all, like he was hiding something. What would you do though, if you didn’t lead them on you would remain forever stuck in the body, doomed to be tortured by Arbok if he found you again, without your Pokemon. But if you followed the plan you could be leading a lot of Pokemon to their deaths, it was not a nice choice to make.
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #286
Arnold
Just call me sir
 
Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yougirasu View Post
*Whoever is the updater for my journey, feel free to let me know if I've done anything wrong and where I can improve.*
Yes, you've posted in the wrong forum.
__________________
Team Arnie
Arnold is offline  
Old 04-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #287
Pokemaniacneo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Pokemaniacneo ~ Staring down the jaws of the beats was a terrifying way to find adventure but it had found you and looked ready to kill at any minute. Lying prone on the hard muddy ground with Maurice strewn across your belly you could only hope and pray that the Tropius was feeling generous and not in the mood to stomp your brains out and would listen to you. Being so close to the beast you spotted that its leg was injured, the dried blood circling the limb along with its pruned wings it wasn€™t looking its best not that it seemed to mind or care. Maurice quivered on top of you not wanting to face this big of a battle so early on, even with a type advantage you were pretty sure Tropius would crush Maurice underfoot and wing in a it of rage if you even attempted to challenge it. You plead with it, your voice cracking from nerves hoping it would show mercy and leave you both alone, after all you had not hurt it or challenged it, you had only been unfortunate to stumble upon it. You consider another option for a moment, you had a beast of your own that would match Tropius in size and possibly power but your sea serpent was still young and this was not the best environment to set her loose. She was best suited to the water and with the trees looming over head their branches pointing dangerously out you were not sure that you wouldn€™t cause even more damage to the forest and your Gyarados.

Placing her ball back in its spot you try reasoning with the dinosaur again hoping that your soothing tone of voice would show that you meant no harm. Tropius narrowed its eyes leaning its head even closer to you and you freeze to the spot not even daring to breath as it sniffs around your face before pulling back. You release that breath you were holding as it softens its gaze yet still looking menacing as ever. It shifted on its feet as if contemplating your words though you couldn€™t be sure it understood you fully. It made to move forward when its head suddenly and viciously swivelled to the left. You jump at the sudden movement and wonder what caught its attention. A look of panic flashes in its eyes briefly before it roars at the unseen force. It was then you heard the voices, human voices coming from the direction that Tropius was looking.

€œIt€™s over there, I€™d recognise that roar anywhere,€ one voice said growing louder as they approached.

€œLets move then quickly, before it runs off again,€ another chimes in.

Tropius looks down at you accusingly and roars at you blasting you with its wings throwing you back further into the bushes before it stampedes away in the opposite direction. You lie there winded and confused. Suddenly the voices catch up to you and you manage lean up to your arms to see their owners. A pair of men in their 30€™s erupted from the undergrowth guns out making your eyes bug out and Maurice gasp in fear.

€œWhat was that? Is it still here?€ one of them says and you clamp a hand down on the Charmanders mouth to prevent him making any more noise your eyes focused on the shiny metal of heir weapon pointed at you, could they see you?

€œI doubt it be hiding in the bushes, come on the footprints lead off through the forest, it was here not long ago, it wouldn€™t be stupid enough to hang around€.

The pair of them wak out of view and begin to track down Tropius following its large footprints and its only then you relax a little. Maurice squirmed against your hold and you release his mouth as he gasps for breath. Those men looked suspiciously like hunters, their guns gave them away and they were hunting Tropius? No wonder it was stampeding around angrily, but was it any business of your to interfere? Whos to say what the hunters would do to you and your team if you tried but could you let them hunt and potentially capture or kill the wild dino?

(Thank you so much for your patience, I hope to be able to update frequently now I have a stable connection.)

The mere sound of the two voices made his skin crawl at their first utterance, as if an instinctive reaction, without even listening to their words. Those words however, were far worse than the malicious tone they carried.

He then looked to the Tropius, who stared back at him with accusing eyes, "N-no, it's not like that I'm not wi-" His sentance was cut short as the mighty beast flapped his giant wings sending the two hurtling back into a tree slamming harshly against it's trunk at the sheer force of the Tropius's power. It was impressive, though not when you were on the recieving end.

Alfons picked himself up from the dinosaurs heavy attack coughing at the sheer impact, trying to overcome his sudden loss of breath in time to react fast enough to the new turn of events which of course, was easier said than done. The men seemed to be talk amongst themselves and it took all of his remaining strength to keep the squirming and fearful Charmander quiet. Lifting his hair from his eyes it was clear his intuition was correct, they weren't here for good reasons if the guns in their hands, poised and ready, were anything to go by. Alfons was slow but not so slow as to not realize exactly what their prize was - Tropius.

"Q-quiet Maurice... p-please..." he hushed, the small Charmander still struggling against his trainers grip. They say Pokemon have a better sense of danger and know when something's about to go extremely wrong, if the stuggling salamander was anything to go by all the boy could do was assume that to be true. Though it seemed as if they were safe - for now, the two men seemed to be walking out of the area, uttering somehting about Tropius, at least, that's what Alfons gathered.

"... that's where..." it clicked almost instantly, the sudden fear, accusing looks, they intended to kill the poor creature... and that injury... Shaking his head he stood up, renewed vigor coursing through his veins. It was no use, no matter how hard he tried he couldn't just run away from this. Infact, his own stupidity meant he didn't want to run from this. Maurice merely looked up, his yelping ceased suddenly, as if sensing his trainers confidence.

"Ch.. char...?" the small fire-type tilted his head to the side.

Alfons gave him a half-hearted grin in return, "Yeah boy, we're going after them... we can't let anyone hurt Tropius, right?"

Regardless of being young the slightly timid Charmander couldn't help but feel a certain sympathy for his fellow Pokemon, biting back his fear he gave a confident, "Chaaar." Stomping on the ground in a determined fashion, tail blazing with the same vigor his trainer had been showing.

"Right! Let's go!" The boy gave a confident cry before rushing head-first towards where the two men with guns were. The key phrase being 'men with guns'... Not exactly the best of ideas but they had no intention of thinking the situation through and no intention of backing down now, not when a Pokemon's life was on the line!
Pokemaniacneo is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #288
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Forest of Mystery €“ Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ Orchrist played her part very well and the snakes seemed to be falling for it, even the mighty Arbok looked almost pleased to see her, for a moment. He slithered forward regally towering over her form as he surveyed her closely and as she spoke to him of the powers drawing her here a gleeful look filled his eye. He was quick to test her information though and a brightly painted Ekans slithered forward a pawn in the newly set challenge. Arbok grinned as he ordered Orchrist to best his shaman, the Ekans looking unfazed by the command to be attacked and possibly beaten, almost as if it sensed that Orchrist was unworthy. She studied her foe and wished more than ever that Balmund was with her, he would know what to do. She knew her own strength but to defeat a healthy opponent with only 3 strikes, its seemed almost impossible but she had to try, it was the only way they would trust her. Accepting the challenge from Arbok she slithered into the battling ring opposite the shaman who was swaying back and forth with a dazed look in its eyes. She had her plan in mind and waited to see if the Ekans wuld make a move of its own. As it swayed back and forth Orchrist began to get the feeling that it wasn€™t going to make a move, at least until she did. She concentrating hard he made several copies of herself surrounding the Ekans who didn€™t eve seem to care. Sighing not happy with such a confusing battle she moved onto her next attack casting a glancing blow to the shaman€™s body with her False Swipe before surrounding it and wrapping it as hard as she could applying pressure to the most painful spots she could. The Ekans winced a little under the strain but still had fight left in it and Orchrist began to sweat a little.

€œENOUGH€, the Arbok roared as Orchrist let the Ekans go dropping it unceremoniously to the ground. The elder snake slithered up to her as Orchrist tried to look as respectful as she possibly could.

€œHow illuminating,€ he said grinning at her making her almost shudder against the gaze, €œand yet how disappointing,€ he added slithering away as the crowd of Ekans began to surround her. This was not good!


***

You were equally testing your acting skill to the max today as you feigned severe memory loss and confusion as the forest dwellers gathered around your foreign form. They were all so very pleased to see you but were giving you pitying looks as you explained all that you could remember; audible gasps filled the air at your story. Someone however didn€™t seem as happy to see you and the Pidgeotto didn€™t make a great show of hiding it. He flew down to your level and invaded your personal space looking you over and you hoped that he couldn€™t see the deceit in your eye. You kept up the charade and answered his questions with your confused and sad glances that had the others eating out the palm of your hand but still the bird could only glare at you, as if your presence here was detrimental to him. Wanting to test you further he calls forth a small Paras that looks at you with wide eyes full of hope as he demands you tell them all who she is. You panic a little, you had hoped they would just believe you from the start, I mean, how many shiny Parasect were crawling through this forest. You stared at her long and hard deciding to feign more memory loss and confusion rather than taking a stab in the dark, the result which would be more disastrous if you got it wrong.

You spouted out about the things you had seen at the snake camp as you head you head feigning pain at trying to dreg up memories and unbeknownst to you Pidgeotto looked surprised at what you said before a small smile came across his beak. You stare back at the Paras who has tears in her eyes but was trying so desperately to hide them from you.

€œIts alright,€ she sniffs backing off as you feel the guilt eat away at you. If only you could remember something, dammit, there must be a way, there must. Suddenly it was if your body responded to your plea as a memory flashed across your vision. You snuggled up to another Parasect looking into her eyes and feeling such love for her before looking down at a little newborn Paras that was sleeping peacefully, you had never felt such pride until this moment. You snapped back to reality and called at to the Paras and she turned around. You used her name, Cassia and she cried before throwing herself into your embrace. She was this Parasect€™s daughter and just being in his body you could the connection now. The other Pokemon cheered and chattered amongst them, excited that you regained a piece of your memory.

€œWell, welcome back Saffron,€ the Pidgeotto said and you felt a name flash into your head, Hawk, he was Hawk.

€œThis is a sign people, do you not see, our great leader has returned, to lead us to victory over the snakes,€ The other Pokemon chattered even louder, some agreeing some still unsure. €œSaffron has returned to us from the grip of the snakes unharmed and together we will lead you to victory, to peace.€ The Pokemon rally together and cheer for you as you feel the guilt eat at you again. The plan had worked, you would lead the Pokemon to their deaths at the hands of the snakes, Hawk had ensured that, he seemed almost to want to fight them.

€œPreparations must be made, we will leave when the sun is highest in the sky,€ Hawk announces before flying off as the Pokemon prepare for war.


***

Orchrist was pushed along by the sheer number of Ekans and instantly knew that she had failed that challenge, would she die now, by the hands of these common snakes? They lead her through their grounds and her eyes widened involuntarily as she saw her father hung up in the coils of the snake statue, looking nearly dead. Her surprise and horror didn€™t go unnoticed by Arbok whose grin only widened to cover his entire face.

€œI knew that you were no ordinary Seviper, those attacks you used, though pathetically underpowered were unique, your species does not allow you access to such attacks naturally, you were taught them by a human,€ he said looking proud of his deduction skills.

€œDoes it pain you Seviper to see your weak human like this, he is my pawn in something to great for you to understand. He will assist me to bring the destruction of the pathetic creatures that inhabit this forest. But while we wait for armaggedon, I will amuse myself by destroying you, leaving your carcass for your human to find.€ The Ekans back off to give their leader room to fight and Orchrist is left with too many concerns and questions but if she didn€™t act fast, she could fall prey to the elder snakes bite.


***

As the forest dwellers prepared you desparately thought of a way to stop all of this, you didn€™t think you could live with guilt of their deaths on your conscience but on the other hand what choice did you have. It didn€™t take long at all for midday to arrive and the Pokemon were gathering in the clearing chattering nervously amongst themselves, most of them looking to you for guidance as you looked anywhere but their hopeful faces. Hawk joined you swooping down to land beside you.

€œToday will be forever remembered in history as the day we defeated the snakes and brought peace back to the forest. Celebii watches over us and will protect us in our honourable quest. Saffron will lead the way, be ready my friends and family, for we march onwards to battle.€ With his speech over Hawk turns to you with a steely glance.

€œYou spoke of the snakes, you know where they reside old friend, you must lead us there, and you will ensure a surprise attack. It will give us the edge we need to win. We have the greater numbers we will over run them and force them out. It has been what we have always planned to do together, and now you have returned, it is a sign. Come Saffron, time to lead us to a new dawn.€ He seems almost impassioned in his speech but still something felt off about it all, like he was hiding something. What would you do though, if you didn€™t lead them on you would remain forever stuck in the body, doomed to be tortured by Arbok if he found you again, without your Pokemon. But if you followed the plan you could be leading a lot of Pokemon to their deaths, it was not a nice choice to make.
Having accepted the Arbok's challenge, Orchrist slithered to the opposite side of the shaman, who only swayed to and fro with a dazed look in its eyes. It didn't seem the Ekans would make a move of its own, at least not until Orchrist did, and thus she took the initiative and formed illusory copies of herself in hopes of at least disorienting her opponent. The Ekans didn't seem to even care however. Sighing in confusion and frustration, Orchrist strikes with a glancing blow before quickly wrapping around it and squeezing it as hard as she could. Too easy, she got what she wanted and her opponent didn't as much as fight back. This made her nervous, but it didn't matter, it was just a matter of time before opponent surrendered or fainted as a result of her hold. Just a matter of time from here on she thought.

"ENOUGH!" roared the Arbok, causing Orchrist to let the Ekans go, dropping it unceremoniously to the ground. The elder snake slithered up to her as she tried to keep her composure and look as respectful as she possibly could.

"How illuminating," he said grinning at her, almost making her shudder against his gaze, "and yet how disappointing," he added slithering away as the crowd of Ekans began to surround her.

His words felt like cold steel on her skin and as she was pushed along by the sheer number of Ekans, she intently knew she had failed that challenge. At the thought of her imminent demise, she started panicking. It didn't help that as she was lead through her ground, she saw her father hung up in the coils of the snake statue, looking nearly dead. Words couldn't describe what she felt at that moment. A mix of shock, surprise, horror, guilt, anger. She certainly didn't expect any of this!

Her surprise didn't go unnoticed by Arbok, whose grin only widened to cover his entire face.

"I knew that you were no ordinary Seviper, those attacks you used, though pathetically underpowered, were unique. Your species does not allow you access to such attacks naturally, you were taught them by a human," he said looking proud of his deduction skills.

"Does it pain you, Seviper, to see your weak human like this? He is my pawn in something too great for you to understand; he will assist me to bring the destruction of the pathetic creatures that inhabit this forest. But while we wait for Armageddon, I will amuse myself by destroying you, leaving your carcass for your human to find."

The Ekans back off to give their leader room to fight. Orchrist herself wasn't quite sure what to make of Arbok's words. What did he mean by that, and how did Balmund ended up in here in the first place. Ultimately, none of that mattered. The fact was that her father was laying in a death like state and rage was starting to cloud any sense of reason. How DARE they do this to him? Unforgivable! He must die. They must all die! The Ekans were too kind, she thought, by giving her room to take down their leader one on one. At this point, she wanted nothing else than to kill the twisted and sadistic Arbok. Running away was out of the question. Nothing on this world, not even self-preservation, would make her abandon his father.

Without a shred of hesitation, she thrust herself against Arbok like a cornered beast. This time, she would go full-throttle, eyes filled with killing intent as she performed a Double-edge, before unleashing a reckless, Rage-induced beat down. She would finish up with a Flamethrower, looking to take down his opponent in flames.

It was do or die time, and today, someone was most certainly going to die.

***

"It's alright," the small Paras sniffs backing off as guilt tore through Balmund's heart. He tried so hard to tap into Saffron's memory. If only it could be possible. Suddenly, it was as if his body responded to his plea as a memory flashed through his vision. He saw himself snuggling up to another Parasect, looking into her eyes and feeling such love for her. A kind of love he hadn't really felt before, it twas something he just couldn't describe just yet. He then looked down at a little newborn Paras that was sleeping peacefully, and he felt such pride like never before. It was like his whole universe spun around that one little creature.

"Cassia," he said as he snapped back to reality. The Paras turned around and cried before throwing herself into his embrace as the other Pokmon cheered and chattered amongst themselves, excited that he had returned a piece of his memory. She was Saffron's daughter, and just by being in his body he could see the connection.The feeling was so real and pure, and the Paras suddenly didn't look like a stranger anymore. On the contrary, he felt he's known her all along, even if it's a lie. Could it be that Saffron's essence and will still resided within his body? His love for his family be so great that it transcended death itself?

"Well, welcome back Saffron," the Pidgeotto said and Balmund felt a name flash into his head. Hawk, he was Hawk.

"This is a sign people, do you not see? Our great leader has returned to lead us to victory over the snakes," he said. The other Pokmon chattered even louder, some agreeing and some still unsure. "Saffron has returned to us from the grip of the snakes unharmed, and together we will lead you to victory, to peace." The Pokmon then rallied themselves together and started cheering for Balmund. His plan had unfortunately worked, and he would lead the Pokmon to their deaths at the hands of the snakes. Hawk had ensured that; he seemed almost to want to fight them.

"Preparations must be made, we will leave when the sun is highest in the sky," Hawk announces before flying off as the Pokmon prepare for war.

As the forest dwellers prepared Balmund desperately thought of a way to stop all of this. He wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of their deaths on his conscience, but what other choice did he have? It didn't take long at all for midday to arrive and the Pokmon were gathering in the clearing, chattering nervously amongst themselves, most of them looking for him for guidance as he looked anywhere but their hopeful faces. What kind of hope could he bring them? Hawk soon joined him swooping down to land beside him.

"Today will be forever remembered in history as the day we defeated the snakes and brought peace back to the forest. Celebii watches over us and will protect us in our honorable quest. Saffron will lead the way, be ready my friends and family, for we march onwards to battle." With his speech over, Hawk turns to Balmund with a steely glance.

"You spoke of the snakes, you know where they reside old friend, you must lead us there and you will ensure a surprise attack. It will give us the edge we need to win. We have greater numbers; we will over run them and force them out. It has been what we have planned to do together, and now you have returned, it is a sign. Come Saffron, time to lead us to a new dawn." He seemed almost impassioned in his speech but still something felt off about it all, like he was hiding something.

More importantly, the one thought that really worried him was that of what he was to do next. If he didn't lead them he would be stuck in this body forever, and possibly doomed to years of torture by Arbok if he ever finds him again. On the other hand, leading them could mean the death of a lot of Pokmon, a burden he was not yet ready to carry. He contemplated taking the role of Saffron for real. These Pokmon needed him and perhaps because he was on Saffron's body he felt the urge to protect them. The idea of living the rest of his days as a shiny Parasect suddenly didn't sound all that bad. In fact, it was growing up on him. But what about his real family? What about his own Pokmon? No, he couldn't abandon them, not for anything in the world. Maybe leading these Pokmon to war didn't necessarily have to mean certain doom for them. They had the numbers, and with proper guidance, victory was far from impossible. They had an advantage, they had a Pokmon Trainer by their side. Even if he ultimately winds up trapped in the Parasect body for eternity, or even if he outright died, everything would be ok if he at least made sure everyone was safe, he thought. He just needed to win. What would Saffron do in his place? What did he have in mind before?
And what about Hawk? Exactly what is his relationship with Saffron? Could he really trust him?

Balmund took a deep breath before looking into the faces of the forest dwellers, and then into the eyes of Hawk, and then back to his people. "If it has to be done, it just has to be done. Let us march then, to a new dawn," he said biting his lips just a bit at the end. He still needed a moment to get used to he idea. He could only hope for things to go smoothly and to keep casualties on both sides to a minimum.

"May Celebii watch over us," he murmured as he mentally prepared for war.
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 04-06-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Balmund is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #289
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini
 
Salamencia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Not here
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Mediville €“ Please reply in lemonchiffon

Salamencia ~ You hadn€™t expected to see such creativity and endurance from the circus performer, but this Aipom must have been practicing moves ready for the day it would get chance to battle. Vulcan had shown his strength early on but Aipom had taken it all in its stride and had continued to fight. Now Vulcan was left rubbing sand from his eyes as Aipom hopped back and forth ready to continue. Its trainer looked almost as astonished as you at his Aipom€™s ability and you guessed that he would be the one to slow down the monkey being hesitant and unsure of himself in this arena.

€œMe neither € Well done Aipom,€ he managed to stutter our as the monkey beamed almost cockily. Deciding to err on the side of caution you take a defensive stance ordering a Smokescreen from Vulcan who obliges breathing out a thick fog of black smoke around him hoping to obscure Aipom€™s vision even if it obscured his own. Tyler bit his lip and thought hard about what to do, what could Aipom do to escape the cloud. Aipom jumps up and down trying to peer over the cloud squeaking at its trainer almost trying to tell him what to command. You find this almost amusing and Tyler looks embarrassed at his lack of knowledge of his Pokemon€™s moves.

€œI don€™t know what you want Aipom, I don€™t think Bouncing about is helpful though,€ he says as Aipom chatters happily. Suddenly it bursts forth from the smoke in the air like a bullet spinning and twisting in the air as you look on in amazement. As its momentum shifts it begins to plummet to the earth spiralling just before it enters the cloud of smoke and you hear a cry of pain come Vulcan. Tyler looks shocked as he realises how little control he has over this battle, his Aipom lead him into ordering that€™s attack. Suddenly the cloud turns a dark red and flames lick mix with the smoke as Vulcan€™s Heatwave erupts forth. Pained cries filled the air as the smoke is filled with extreme heat and is burnt away leaving both Pokemon breathing heavily on the ground. Vulcan had managed to take damage from his own attack but fortunately was resistant enough to the heat. Aipom on the other hand was shaking as smoke slowly rose from its fur, looking a little less confident now. Even Zak was shocked at the strength at that Heatwave had, he had not seen such a strong fire attack before, even from his own Cyndaquil. Both competitors got back to their feet at the same time looking worn and tired already but not willing to back down. Tyler was looking horrified at the damage his performer was taking but stood firm trying to look brave; it all could all be healed later.

€œAipom, stay s-strong,€ Tyler said trying to convince himself more than his Pokemon, €œI know you want to keep fighting and I won€™t be such a coward anymore. Go and use a Tail Whip then Scratch,€ he ordered tyring to sound more confident and it seemed to work, Aipom gave its trainer a look of respect before lunging for Vulcan.
My deep apologies for the delay again. Half term should hopefully make things a little easier for me, but thank you for being lenient, Arc.

As Vulcan continued to try to remove the sand from his eyes, Sal took a moment to reflect on what he had just seen. The Aipom had clearly been practicing for this moment, and had managed to achieve all of this by itself. Sal was getting more impressed the more he thought about it. He looked over to Tyler again, who seemed just as surprised. He shortly responded to Sal’s compliment.

“Me neither. Well done Aipom,” he replied, and Aipom smiled back at its trainer, looking a little too confident for its own good. With that, Vulcan began to carry out his orders. He belched out a thick black fog, in a hope to block both Aipom’s and Tyler’s vision, buying himself more time to recover from the Sand Attack. Sal couldn’t see through the fog too well but, as Tyler wasn’t issuing a command yet, Sal assumed that he was having difficulty remembering Aipom’s moves. Aipom, however, seemed to be trying to communicate with Tyler, almost trying to tell him what to do, while trying to see through the Smokescreen. Tyler seemed a little embarrassed by now.

“I don’t know what you want Aipom, I don’t think Bouncing about is helpful though,” he said, and Aipom squeaked happily, seemingly happy that Tyler had given some form of response. Aipom then seemed to give itself its own orders, as it jumped upward at a great speed, shooting out of the black cloud covering the arena. As it began to return to the ground, it started spinning, before Sal’s partner screamed out in pain. Tyler, however, didn’t seem particularly overjoyed by this turn of events. In fact, he seemed to be losing control. Sal started to wonder whether Tyler would ever gain more confidence in himself, but it didn’t seem to matter. Aipom was currently winning this battle. Vulcan then retaliated by generating Fire energy, releasing it in a massive Heat Wave. The attack turned the fog a dark red, and seemed to set it alight. Soon after, it exploded, and cries of pain could be heard from both Pokmon. Sal hadn’t quite expected such a turn-out, but hoped that Aipom could survive this, thinking that Tyler may finally become more confident in his own Pokmon. Even Zak seemed astonished by this, despite having his own Cyndaquil. Both of the Pokmon slowly rose to their feet, but clearly took a lot of damage. Vulcan may have resisted the flames, but he was still breathing heavily. Tyler looked horrified once again, but tried to stay in control this time.

“Aipom, stay s-strong. I know you want to keep fighting and I won’t be such a coward anymore. Go and use a Tail Whip then Scratch,” Tyler said, with the most confidence Sal had seen yet. He seemed to be getting more and more used to the battle. Even so, Sal still wanted to give the battle all he could.

“Ok, Vulcan, try and throw Aipom off balance by striking it with a Quick Attack, then drive a Crush Claw into it,” Sal responded, more determined than ever now.
__________________
PASBL - Trainer Level 4 - B Grade Referee

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #290
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,261
Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 14

Forest of Mystery Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ The plan had failed miserably and Orchrist was left surrounded by vicoious snakes eager to tear her asunder. But something good came from all of this, she had found her daddy and for a moment despite his current condition she felt a thrill of hope and happiness. As the vile Arbok taunted her slithering around her trainer filled her with a deep rage that sent a red mist across her eyes. How DARE this creature hurt her daddy like this, and although she had many questions as to how he came to be in such a sorry state her emotions were already getting the best of her. They all had to die, she would paint the forest with their blood, a warning to all those that would dare touch her human. The Ekans back off to give the feral snakes room to fight, a mistake Orchrist thought as she would rip out their leaders throat before moving on to the rest of the tribe. As she stared at him she felt a shudder run through her body and although she felt no fear at facing him, no she would decimate him no matter what, his Intimidate still lowered her attack power.

Charing forward in her rage-induced state she felt energy charge around her as she fast approached her target. Arbok had the greater speed however and gave a loud Screech as she approached but even that couldnt stop her momentum. Wincing from the awful sound she blinked as she struck Arbok with a vicious Double Edge throwing him down to the ground but not without damaging herself and with that Screech she felt the pain even more. Both snakes rose to their full height Arbok looking more annoyed that he was knocked down and he retaliated by sinking his jaws around her neck Biting as hard as he could. Orchrist feels a scream tear from her throat as his fangs draw blood but her adrenaline was pumping hard. Her scream becomes one of Rage as she begins to thrash about her tail and head smacking into Arbok but he only digs in further. With the increasing pain her power only grows and her movements become more frantic. Arbok was having a hard job holding on and as he got more and more pummelled he released his hold and whipped his tail around cracking her across the face with his Poison Tail. Orchrist fell to the ground panting hard, that had taken a lot out of her and she had taken some nasty damage herself, she could still feel the steady trickle of blood down her neck. Arbok looked battered and bruised too though not as badly damaged as her, but she would change that. Pulling on her minimal fire energy resources she breathed out a burst of flames that washed over Arbok eliciting the first groan of pain as he was burnt. The Ekans chattered amongst themselves and Orchrist could sense their concern, she knew an array of unusual techniques, what could she be hiding that could destroy their leader but Orchrist knew as her heart pumped her blood onto the floor that she was short on time to finish this.


***

Things werent going well for you either, things were definitely going according to plan, the sankes plan, and all it did was fill you with guilt. Cassia has stayed close to you the entire time and you felt a connection to her, one that Saffrons body had given you and it made things all the more wrong. The day had gone quickly and preparations for war had been made, every Pokemon had rallied together young and old, strong and weak, all of them were prepared to follow you to their deaths for that was awaited them. You were suffering an inner turmoil as Hawk gave his speech and you wondered if you were doing the right thing. Did you have a choice? If you didnt you would be condemned to this reanimated body for the rest of your life. Would that be such a bad thing, to live your life as a Pokemon, with a family who loved you. But what about your real family, your own Pokemon, you needed to know they would be safe, would be cared for. Even so, whatever decision you made, the only important fact was that you had to win this war, for if you lost, it wouldnt matter what you decided. There were too many question unanswered and it seemed that both sides were hiding something. As Hawk finished his speech he turns to you and you add your part putting confidence and hope into your followers as you prayed to Celebii that everything would turn out alright.

You remembered thet way through the forest and marched onwards towards destiny be it victory or defeat, salvation or death. The Pokemon kept close to you chattering amongst themselves and you guessed that they were trying to prepare themselves for the bloodshed ahead. It took you till the late afternoon to reach the snake tribe, the sun was dipping in the sky painting it with oranges and reds. Hawk instructed everyone to wait a distance away as you and him approached searching for the best. After a quick search you saw a heavily overgrown portion of the forest that would shield the mass of an army from view allowing you to sneak in and get the surprise attack in.

You go forth Saffron and give the signal for the rest of us to move in, us birds will descend from the skies and the Pokemon on the ground will enter behind you. Hawk instructs before flying off up into the air signalling the other bird Pokemon to follow. You sigh before pushing the undergrowth as quietly as you could, what you saw nearly made your heart stop. The evil Arbok was engaged in a battle, with your Seviper, how had she gotten there and why were they fighting? You could see your body not too far off hanging limply from the statue. What would you do now, your mind was whirring with new plans, the possibilities and as you saw Orchrist take more damage you knew you had to act fast. Would she believe you were you in this new body and how could you get back where you belonged. They were distracted enough for you to give the order to attack, but what would you do after?



Pokemaniacneo ~ It had been a tense moment and you could swear that the hunters could hear your heart beating traitorously out of your chest. The silver guns were pointing too close to you for your liking and your Charmander was lying silently in your arms too afraid to move. Fortunately they didnt seem to notice you and ran off back through the forest after the dino. As you emerged from the bushes sure the coast was clear you finally allowed yourself to breath Maurice sliding out of your grip to the ground shaking. You put two and two together and realise that it was those men who more than likely injured Tropius, how awful, did they want to kill it? Capture it? Your common sense was telling you to run away from this entire situation, you didnt want to be getting messed up with hunters or poachers, but you knew that you couldnt leave the poor thing injured with risk of more injuries if it got caught.

You feel confident in your abilities, you could save the dino, you were sure of it and soon Maurice felt your confidence fill him too. You both decide to save Tropius and to do that you needed to follow the two men. Running into the undergrowth you listen out for their voices hearing a faint noise like human speech in the distance, wow they were fast. You take off after them running the forest hoping to keep enough distance for them not to notice you but be close enough to follow them accurately. Soon the voices disappear entirely and you sigh in defeat, now you were left alone in the forest with only your choices to guide you. Maurice pulls on your trouser leg and points at the ground, it was then that you noticed footprints in the mud, they were shoe-shaped and unless another set of people had run through the forest you were sure it was them. Following them intently you missed the odd branch and ended up with a few scratches across your face and neck whilst Maurice hid a grin behind his claws. Suddenly you stop as you notice something else, the footprints veer off to the right but up ahead there was a smearing of blood on the ground, was it from Tropius wound and why didnt the hunters notice it?

As you finish your thoughts the bushes rustle and you see an Ariados crawl out and suddenly feel the hairs on the back of your neck raise, this was not a good time to encounter one of those. It stops its movement and swivels its head round so fast you nearly jump out of your skin. It gives you an incredulous look before it is quickly replaced by fear as it scuttles off forwards, the same direction of the blood, did it think you were a hunter too? It certainly seems scared of you both but would go after it, it could possibly lead you to the Tropius, there could be more than one Pokemon being hunted today.




Mediville Please reply in lemonchiffon

Salamencia ~ The battle was really heating up now and both Pokemon still had enough energy to continue and wouldnt back down, this symbolised something important for the both of them. For Vulcan it was his first battle and he wanted to prove that he was strong, and for Aipom it was its chance to shine in a new way, to test out its battling skills for it could possibly not get the chance again. Both Pokemon had suffered burns from the blast of Heatwave and both trainers were reeling at the power their own displayed and as both Pokemon made it to their feet, you knew it wasnt over yet. Tyler appeared to gained more confidence in his battling skills despite the state of his Aipom and you hoped this would only make the battle that more interesting and make your victory all the better.

Giving your fiery Cyndaquil another set of instructions he squeaked his confirmation before making the first move. He charges towards Aipom with his speedy Quick Attack and Aipom looks nervous. It doesnt want to disobey its trainer but its sure its Tail Whip wouldnt be an effective counter. It squeaks and jumps onto its back spinning around flinging its tail back and forth in a frenzied fashion as Vulcan strikes it. Aipom is pushed across the ground rolling over and coming to a stop before its trainer shaking off the pain whilst Vulcan appeared to have been knocked over by the whipping tail, the normally defence lowering move having smacked him across the nose painfully. Both Pokemon rise to their feet and run back towards one another their paws drawn back one with the claws elongating the other glowing a feint white. They give a battle cry as they both hit the other in the chest making both collapse to the ground in pain. You watch the pair catch their breath and wondered if it was over, was it a tie? Both Pokemon push off the other before rising to their feet once more, it wouldnt take much more to finish the battle but suddenly a voice calls out distracting you all from the fight.

What are you dong out here? the voice calls out and you notice Tyler and Zak wince at having been caught. Laura looked out of breath like she had been running but had a stern look across her normally friendly face.

You should be careful you could have hurt your Pokemon, look Aipom is already in pain, she said to Tyler who looked ashamed even with Aipom chittering in his defence.

We were being careful Laura why do you think we were battling out here? Zak added defending his friend. Anyway Aipoms been wanting to battle for ages remember, we didnt want it to battle another circus Pokemon in case the acts were jeopardized and Sal agreed to help. Laura looks to you as you feel your cheeks burn with colour feely guilty, had you really done something wrong?

Maybe I was over reacting Im sorry, they dont look too badly hurt, she said, but thats not why I came, the Ringmaster says hes got an important announcement to make, Ive been looking all over for you, everyone else is already gathered. Come on, here give your Pokemon these, you dont want him to see them in this state, She throws a couple of Orans berries one to you and one to Tyler. It appeared that your battle had come to an abrupt end and you couldnt help but feel disappointed. Vulcan accepts the berry off you munching off it hungrily as you pick him up. The 4 of you make your way towards the circus enclosure and you notice Laura stop just a short way off the group of performers.

He may be wanting to discuss something top secret, something the viewers arent meant to hear so you better wait here Sal. Zak and Tyler will meet with you again afterwards. Zak and Tyler smile at you before running off to join the group as youre left alone with Vulcan. You couldnt help but feel very curious as to what they were talking about and decide to walk around the caravans to see if you could hear a little from a better angle. As you approach you can see the Ringmaster and frown, he looked a little off, his eyes looked glazed over and empty as he spoke.

several changes need to be made around here, you catch part of his address. Firstly we will be increasing our schedule, we will be running performances 3 times a day every day. You hear gasps ring through the crowd and many unhappy murmurings. The ticket prices will be doubling to cover costs and from now on the spectators will be allowed back stage for an extra fee to watch the performers train and see the petting zoo, a new area for our retired and injured performers. When you are not performing you will be training no exceptions The crowd was staring in disbelief at their Ringmaster stunned to silence.

More changes will follow soon but that is all for now. Now everyone back to their training. The crowd slowly disperses as you run back to the spot the guys left you. You stare at the ground wondering what Zak and the others would make of the news as spot them walking slowly towards you looking miserable at the news. You feign inncocence as they approach and enquire as to what was wrong and it didnt take them long to tell you roughly what was said. Zak looks annoyed, Tyler miserable and Laura had a confused expression on her face.

There was something wrong about all that, the Ringmaster has always kept our a training a secret, why would he spill our secrets now people will lose interest, she says.

How can he expect us to train and perform non-stop without a break, and charging al that extra money!?!? Zak adds huffing.

He looked really tired to me, maybe thats it, Tyler suggests coming to his bosss defence.

I don know, Laura says, He did look weird, like he wasnt really there normally he so enthused when talking about the circus. Something feels bad, I think we should find out why, she says.

Dont you remember weve got to train now, Im sure hell be around to check soon. Hey why doesnt Sal go snooping for us? Zak poses the question and although the others have their reserves you ca see they have no other option.

Would you? Tyler asks, we direct you to the Ringmasters caravan you would just have to be very careful not to be caught? It seems theyre in need of your help again, would you this time though?
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 AM   #291
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Forest of Mystery Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ The plan had failed miserably and Orchrist was left surrounded by vicoious snakes eager to tear her asunder. But something good came from all of this, she had found her daddy and for a moment despite his current condition she felt a thrill of hope and happiness. As the vile Arbok taunted her slithering around her trainer filled her with a deep rage that sent a red mist across her eyes. How DARE this creature hurt her daddy like this, and although she had many questions as to how he came to be in such a sorry state her emotions were already getting the best of her. They all had to die, she would paint the forest with their blood, a warning to all those that would dare touch her human. The Ekans back off to give the feral snakes room to fight, a mistake Orchrist thought as she would rip out their leaders throat before moving on to the rest of the tribe. As she stared at him she felt a shudder run through her body and although she felt no fear at facing him, no she would decimate him no matter what, his Intimidate still lowered her attack power.

Charing forward in her rage-induced state she felt energy charge around her as she fast approached her target. Arbok had the greater speed however and gave a loud Screech as she approached but even that couldnt stop her momentum. Wincing from the awful sound she blinked as she struck Arbok with a vicious Double Edge throwing him down to the ground but not without damaging herself and with that Screech she felt the pain even more. Both snakes rose to their full height Arbok looking more annoyed that he was knocked down and he retaliated by sinking his jaws around her neck Biting as hard as he could. Orchrist feels a scream tear from her throat as his fangs draw blood but her adrenaline was pumping hard. Her scream becomes one of Rage as she begins to thrash about her tail and head smacking into Arbok but he only digs in further. With the increasing pain her power only grows and her movements become more frantic. Arbok was having a hard job holding on and as he got more and more pummelled he released his hold and whipped his tail around cracking her across the face with his Poison Tail. Orchrist fell to the ground panting hard, that had taken a lot out of her and she had taken some nasty damage herself, she could still feel the steady trickle of blood down her neck. Arbok looked battered and bruised too though not as badly damaged as her, but she would change that. Pulling on her minimal fire energy resources she breathed out a burst of flames that washed over Arbok eliciting the first groan of pain as he was burnt. The Ekans chattered amongst themselves and Orchrist could sense their concern, she knew an array of unusual techniques, what could she be hiding that could destroy their leader but Orchrist knew as her heart pumped her blood onto the floor that she was short on time to finish this.


***

Things werent going well for you either, things were definitely going according to plan, the sankes plan, and all it did was fill you with guilt. Cassia has stayed close to you the entire time and you felt a connection to her, one that Saffrons body had given you and it made things all the more wrong. The day had gone quickly and preparations for war had been made, every Pokemon had rallied together young and old, strong and weak, all of them were prepared to follow you to their deaths for that was awaited them. You were suffering an inner turmoil as Hawk gave his speech and you wondered if you were doing the right thing. Did you have a choice? If you didnt you would be condemned to this reanimated body for the rest of your life. Would that be such a bad thing, to live your life as a Pokemon, with a family who loved you. But what about your real family, your own Pokemon, you needed to know they would be safe, would be cared for. Even so, whatever decision you made, the only important fact was that you had to win this war, for if you lost, it wouldnt matter what you decided. There were too many question unanswered and it seemed that both sides were hiding something. As Hawk finished his speech he turns to you and you add your part putting confidence and hope into your followers as you prayed to Celebii that everything would turn out alright.

You remembered thet way through the forest and marched onwards towards destiny be it victory or defeat, salvation or death. The Pokemon kept close to you chattering amongst themselves and you guessed that they were trying to prepare themselves for the bloodshed ahead. It took you till the late afternoon to reach the snake tribe, the sun was dipping in the sky painting it with oranges and reds. Hawk instructed everyone to wait a distance away as you and him approached searching for the best. After a quick search you saw a heavily overgrown portion of the forest that would shield the mass of an army from view allowing you to sneak in and get the surprise attack in.

You go forth Saffron and give the signal for the rest of us to move in, us birds will descend from the skies and the Pokemon on the ground will enter behind you. Hawk instructs before flying off up into the air signalling the other bird Pokemon to follow. You sigh before pushing the undergrowth as quietly as you could, what you saw nearly made your heart stop. The evil Arbok was engaged in a battle, with your Seviper, how had she gotten there and why were they fighting? You could see your body not too far off hanging limply from the statue. What would you do now, your mind was whirring with new plans, the possibilities and as you saw Orchrist take more damage you knew you had to act fast. Would she believe you were you in this new body and how could you get back where you belonged. They were distracted enough for you to give the order to attack, but what would you do after
Orchrist charged forward in her rage-induced state, and as she did so, she felt energy charge around her as she fast approached her target. Arbok quickly countered with a loud Screech, the awful, high pitched sound causing Orchrist to wince and lose her concentration, but that wouldn't stop the momentum she had developed and she kept on going, striking down the vile Arbok with a vicious Double-edge, knocking him down to the ground, but not without suffering some recoil damage herself, intensified by Arbok's Screech.

Both snakes rise up to their full height, Arbok looking annoyed at being knocked down and quickly retaliates with a fierce Bite, sinking his jaws around Orchrist's neck and biting as hard as he could. The pain was sharp and intense, and Orchrist felt a scream tear down her throat as Arbok's fangs drew blood, but adrenaline was pumping hard through her veins and soon her scream became one of Rage as she begins to thrash about, flailing her tail and head against Arbok, but he only digs in further as a result. With the increasing pain, her power only grows and her movements become more frantic as she thrashes further in an attempt to free herself. Having a hard time holding on while being pummeled more and more, Arbok releases his hold and whips his tail around, cracking Orchrist across the face with his Poison Tail. She falls to the ground panting hard; that had taken a lot out of her and found herself with some nasty damage as she felt the steady trickle of blood down her neck.

'Not yet I'm not done yet!' she thought before suddenly breathing out a burst of flames that washed over Arbok, her Flamethrower eliciting the first groan on pain from him as he was burnt; music to her ears. The Ekans chattered amongst themselves and Orchrist could sense their concern. She could bet that none of them were expecting *that* from her and she still had many more tricks up her sleeve.

"Found that amusing, you royal piece of filth?" she taunted her opponent with a smug smirk on her aching face as she tried to hide her pain and expected him to close in as before. She would catch him off-guard with a Sucker Punch right before washing him over with a different sort of flame, her Dragonbreath, and finishing off with an Iron Tail, aimed towards his skull. She knew as her blood was pumped onto the floor that she was short on time to finish. She would had to give it her all with each and every single passing second if she hopes to emerge victorious.

***

Balmund remembered well the way through the forest a he marched onwards towards destiny, be it victory or defeat, salvation or death. As he walked the same way he walked before with Ekans, his thoughts turned to the snakes. There were innocents in that group as well and whatever happened there would be great losses and great hate and resentment as a result. The forest Pokmon kept close to him, chattering amongst themselves and he could only guess they were trying to prepare themselves for the bloodshed ahead. It took them till late afternoon to reach the snake tribe; the sun was dipping in the sky, painting it with oranges and reds. Hawk instructed everyone to wait a distance away as Balmund and him approached searching for the best position to attack from. After a quick search, they saw a heavily grown portion of the forest that would shield the mass of an army from view, allowing them to sneak in and get a surprise attack.

"You go through Saffron and give the signal for the rest of us to move in, us birds will descend from the skies and the Pokmon on the ground will enter behind you." Hawk instructs before flying off up into the air, signaling the other bird Pokmon to follow.

Balmund's sighs before pushing the undergrowth a quietly as he could. It was inevitable now, one word and there would be chaos. What he saw nearly made his heart stop however, as he saw the evil Arbok engaged in a battle with his own Seviper. How had she gotten there and why were they fighting? He could see his body not too far off, hanging limply from the statue and he guessed she must've been looking for him as he did for her, and now she stood defending his soul-less body. The sight warmed his heart and at the same time sent him into a state of urgency as he saw her take more damage.

What to do from here? Would she believe it was him in this new body? No, that's the least of his concerns right now, first, he needs to ensure her safety. She would be safe in her pokball. Safe from all the chaos. Safe from all the bloodshed. Safe from that dreaded Arbok. They were distracted enough for him to give the order to attack. Casualties would be minimal, at least for one side, and he could probably reach Orchrist amidst all the commotion. There probably wouldn't be a better opportunity than now. Would she be okay with that? Couldn't he have just a bit more faith in his Pokmon? Is he not a trainer? If she could beat the Arbok, no one else would have to die. Everything else could be sorted later on, even getting back to the body where he belonged. But what if she failed? Could he live with the guilt of knowing that he could've intervened? The sole thought sent a shiver down his spine.

No, he had to do something. He would issue the order to attack as he headed towards Orchrist and Arbok. She may just recognize him if he talked to her and from there they could work as a team. If he recalled properly, his new body was immortal and if necessary, he would use it to shield his beloved Pokmon from further harm. Pain, he could deal with that and he knew how to defend himself, at least as a human. Once there, he would focus his attention on Arbok, the moments he admits defeat, or dies, this battle will be over.
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline  
Old 04-28-2010, 05:24 AM   #292
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,261
Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 15

Forest of Mystery Please reply in limegreen


Balmund ~ Both journeys had collided and once again you reunited with your Seviper but in the circumstance you would have liked. She was locking horns with a vile Arbok, the very same snake that had put you into this position in the first place, how ironic. Looking on from the outside, safely hidden in the undergrowth you were charged with leading your army against the villainous snakes, a single call and all chaos would ensue and you were left again wondering if this would at all work. New plans were forming in your mind, no longer concerned about the petty war these Pokemon were waging, now you had your Pokemon in your sights you had to get her back. Your gaze fixes on your sickly looking body and you longed to be reunited with it, with Orchrist back on your side you were sure you could achieve this but you would have to intervene in their battle first, get her alone and convince her that you were her family; no easy task! Orchrist looked hurt, blood trickled from a bite wound to her neck and you longed to protect her, to stop the despicable Arbok from further injuring her, maybe exacting some revenge in the process. Your mind was a whir as thoughts and plans ran through your cranium. You could feel the Pokemon Army behind you getting restless, the wait wearing on their already fractured nerves. Fortunately the snakes were distracted enough by the battle that a surprise attack could be ordered and as much faith as you had in your Seviper you couldnt leave her to fight much longer, what if she fell then everything would come crashing down and blood would be shed on both sides, more so than youd like.

Whilst you were deep in though both snakes had moved on the assault again with Arbok spitting out a glob of Acid that hit the ground where Orchrist had just been occupying, the Seviper dodging diligently delivering a Sucker Punch with her tail. The movement snaps you back to reality Arbok recovers quickly and as Orchrist breathes her Dragonbreath upon him he retaliates with a Mud Bomb both attacks causing the other to fall, Orchrist looking far worse due to the ground attack. Taking your chance you scuttle out of the bushes as fast as you can manage and stand between the two fighters, the surrounding Ekans speaking in hushed tones intrigued by your presence. Orchrist opens her eyes with a wince and looked confused to see a shiny Parasect blocking her view of her enemy. You yell a few insults at Arbok before turning to Orchrist asking if she was alright. She narrows her eyes wondering what a mere bug was doing interfering in her battle and you speak to her hoping to convince her of your true identity. She looks at you gone out trying to figure out if you spoke the truth when Arbok intervened.

A touching reunion indeed, youre just in time to see me kill your pet Avatar, he hisses firing his Gunk Shot at you both. You stand your ground and take the full force of the attack feeling an agonising pain rip through your back as part of your mushroom is melted by the attack. Falling to the ground you pant, even immortal that hurt so very badly, you legs felt weak and you wondered if you were going to be a paralyzed immortal, tortured by the evil snakes for the rest of your days when a shriek rips through the forest.

Nooooo,. Another Parasect runs through the bushes towards you with tears in her eyes. Orchrist looks at her with familiarity shining in his eyes.

Saffron, no, I thought you were dead. Oh my love, I thought you were gone how? No not again, you will not take him from me again, Sage roars angrily before rounding on Arbok leaping at him with unseen agility delivering an X-Scissor to his face making his screech with pain. You wonder where she had come from where you hear a battle cry from ahead and Hawk dive bombs into the fray sweeping at a group of Ekans with his wings knocking them back. The rest of the army emerges through the bushes and begins their assault on the snakes, the reptiles taken aback unprepared for the attack. Now was your time, if Orchrist believed you, you could free your self from this injured body and return to your human form, all chaos had indeed broke loose and you had better use the time it gave you well.
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 04-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #293
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Forest of Mystery Please reply in limegreen


Balmund ~ Both journeys had collided and once again you reunited with your Seviper but in the circumstance you would have liked. She was locking horns with a vile Arbok, the very same snake that had put you into this position in the first place, how ironic. Looking on from the outside, safely hidden in the undergrowth you were charged with leading your army against the villainous snakes, a single call and all chaos would ensue and you were left again wondering if this would at all work. New plans were forming in your mind, no longer concerned about the petty war these Pokemon were waging, now you had your Pokemon in your sights you had to get her back. Your gaze fixes on your sickly looking body and you longed to be reunited with it, with Orchrist back on your side you were sure you could achieve this but you would have to intervene in their battle first, get her alone and convince her that you were her family; no easy task! Orchrist looked hurt, blood trickled from a bite wound to her neck and you longed to protect her, to stop the despicable Arbok from further injuring her, maybe exacting some revenge in the process. Your mind was a whir as thoughts and plans ran through your cranium. You could feel the Pokemon Army behind you getting restless, the wait wearing on their already fractured nerves. Fortunately the snakes were distracted enough by the battle that a surprise attack could be ordered and as much faith as you had in your Seviper you couldnt leave her to fight much longer, what if she fell then everything would come crashing down and blood would be shed on both sides, more so than youd like.

Whilst you were deep in though both snakes had moved on the assault again with Arbok spitting out a glob of Acid that hit the ground where Orchrist had just been occupying, the Seviper dodging diligently delivering a Sucker Punch with her tail. The movement snaps you back to reality Arbok recovers quickly and as Orchrist breathes her Dragonbreath upon him he retaliates with a Mud Bomb both attacks causing the other to fall, Orchrist looking far worse due to the ground attack. Taking your chance you scuttle out of the bushes as fast as you can manage and stand between the two fighters, the surrounding Ekans speaking in hushed tones intrigued by your presence. Orchrist opens her eyes with a wince and looked confused to see a shiny Parasect blocking her view of her enemy. You yell a few insults at Arbok before turning to Orchrist asking if she was alright. She narrows her eyes wondering what a mere bug was doing interfering in her battle and you speak to her hoping to convince her of your true identity. She looks at you gone out trying to figure out if you spoke the truth when Arbok intervened.

A touching reunion indeed, youre just in time to see me kill your pet Avatar, he hisses firing his Gunk Shot at you both. You stand your ground and take the full force of the attack feeling an agonising pain rip through your back as part of your mushroom is melted by the attack. Falling to the ground you pant, even immortal that hurt so very badly, you legs felt weak and you wondered if you were going to be a paralyzed immortal, tortured by the evil snakes for the rest of your days when a shriek rips through the forest.

Nooooo,. Another Parasect runs through the bushes towards you with tears in her eyes. Orchrist looks at her with familiarity shining in his eyes.

Saffron, no, I thought you were dead. Oh my love, I thought you were gone how? No not again, you will not take him from me again, Sage roars angrily before rounding on Arbok leaping at him with unseen agility delivering an X-Scissor to his face making his screech with pain. You wonder where she had come from where you hear a battle cry from ahead and Hawk dive bombs into the fray sweeping at a group of Ekans with his wings knocking them back. The rest of the army emerges through the bushes and begins their assault on the snakes, the reptiles taken aback unprepared for the attack. Now was your time, if Orchrist believed you, you could free your self from this injured body and return to your human form, all chaos had indeed broke loose and you had better use the time it gave you well.
As Balmund's mind brimmed with thoughts and plans, both snakes were at it again with Arbok spitting out a glob of hide-melting Acid that hit the ground that Orchrist had just been occupying, the Seviper diligently dodging the attack while delivering a Sucker Punch with her tail. The movement snaps Balmund back to reality as he witnesses Arbok quickly recover, and as Orchrist breathes out her Dragonbreath upon him, he quickly retaliates with a Mud Bomb; both attacks simultaneously causing the other to fall, Orchrist looking far worse from the exchange. Taking action and driven by anger, Balmund scuttles out of the bushes as fast as he can manage and stands between both combatants, much to everyone's surprise; the surrounding Ekans speaking in hushed tones, intrigued by his presence while Orchrist seems considerably put off and confused to suddenly see a shiny Parasect between herself and her enemy.

"That's it, you bastard! It's one thing to mess with me, but it's a whole different issue when you mess with my family!" Balmund yelled at Arbok before turning to Orchrist.

"Are you alright, Chris?" he asks her as she narrows her eyes in confusion, several questions rising within her head. The way this mere bug addressed her caught her by surprise, only her daddy, his parents and Sothe called her by that name.

"It's ok sweetheart, I'm back. It's me, Balmund," he said with a reassuring smile, and Orchrist found herself speechless. How could this be possible? Her dad was already laying not too far from her within that statue, but the way this shiny Parasect spoke to her was so familiar, and she desperately wanted to believe him. She looks at him gone out, trying to figure out if he spoke the truth when Arbok intervened.

"A touching reunion indeed, you're just in time to see me kill your pet, Avatar," he hisses right before firing a Gunk Shot at them both. Shielding his Seviper, Balmund stands his ground and takes the full force of the attack, crying out in agonizing pain as part of his mushroom is melted through his back by the attack. Orchrist stands in shock as she wonders why would he do something like that; tears forming in her eyes as she subconsciously acknowledged that that Parasect may indeed be who he claims to be. Balmund pants as he falls to the ground, feeling his legs weak; that had hurt so very badly and he even started questioning if what Arbok had said about his immortality was actually true. Worse still, he wondered if all would be over and if he would end up a paralyzed immortal, tortured by the evil snakes for eternity while his Pokmon met a swifter but still prolonged demise. His thoughts were cut short when a sudden shriek rips through the forest.

"Nooooo!" screamed another Parasect as she ran through the bushes towards him with tears in her eyes, Orchrist looking at her with familiarity in her eyes. Reliving the flashback he had earlier, something stirred up in him as he recognized her figure. This was Sage, his loving wife. But what was she doing here and where did she came from?

"Saffron, no, I thought you were dead. Oh my love, I though you were gone how? No not again, you will not take him from me again!" she roars angrily before rounding on Arbok and leaping at him with unseen agility, delivering an X-Scissor to his face making him screech with pain. Right afterwards a battle cry is heard from ahead as Hawk dive bombs into the fray, sweeping at a group of Ekans with his wings and knocking them back. The rest of the army emerges through the bushes and begins their assault on the snakes, the reptiles taken aback unprepared for the sudden ambush.

It was now time do something. Balmund could free himself from his injured body and return to his human form, but what good would that do? No, he though, at this moment the forest Pokmon need their leader, Saffron, rather than Balmund, the human. There wasn't much he could do in his sorry state though and Balmund wasn't sure how much more punishment Orchrist could take. What could he possibly do?

"D-dad?" Orchrist said clearly worried as she approached the shiny Parasect, though still a bit hesitantly. It was the first time he had actually heard her speak to him, and hearing her address him like that moved him deeply.

"I'll be fine, my dear, don't worry about me," he said. "Listen, I need you to be a brave girl now. Help Saffron and catch that Arbok's attention with a Swift. Then just focus on avoiding his attacks with Double Team. Don't overdo it, now. I'm going to get some Super Potions for the both of us. Remember? We went shopping right before entering this forest. Everything will be ok, I promise," Balmund replied forcing another reassuring smile despite the intense pain. "I still owe ya that tasty snack after all, and I've never let you down now, have I?" He jokingly continued, trying to boost both hers and his own spirit.

Orchrist nodded with smile, a few tears of joy coming down from her cheek. It was him, it truly was him and he was there for her as it always had been. She wouldn't let him down now!

Balmund himself was begging his body to regain its strength. Just a little bit more and he would reach the backpack on his human body. Looking up, he called out for a some help. "Hawk, I need cover!"
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 07:28 AM   #294
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,261
UPN AR Updates Batch 16

Forest of Mystery Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ Time appeared to slow as if to show the chaos in its truest form, the battle had begun! It all started when you shielded Orchrist from that vicious blow, the cause of your current agony and even your immortal state you could still feel pain very well. You had been trying to show Orchrist that past the foreign bug shell you were Balmund, her daddy, inside and she was finding it difficult to believe. As ironic as it was, your actions in shielding her seemed to cement that fact in her mind, you knew too much and showed such familiar characteristics not to be him; so the pain was worth it. Sage had entered the picture shortly after, Saffrons remnant memories telling you enough about her to understand her elation to see you again and her sorrow at your state. She unleashed her fury, one Orchrist having gotten to know her wouldnt have expected, upon Arbok giving the army a chance to strike. Hawk flew down barrelling into several Ekans as the other bird, grass and Bug types joined in, the start of the chaos.

As battles engaged all around you looked towards your body hanging limply in the statue, now was your chance, if you could perhaps free yourself from the bindings you could return to the human flesh. But as you looked around at the ensuring chaos you realised that they needed you as Saffron much more than Balmund the human. You speak to Orchrist glad that she could see you hidden under all that mushroom and reassure her that youll be alright, though you both knew you were lying. You ask her to distract Arbok away from Sage before any harm came to her, you would retrieve some Super Potions from your body, there were some in the bag still hanging from your shoulders, if you could only get there. You call to Hawk to give you cover the Pidgeotto deep in battle with the Ekans and you cant be sure he heard you. He gave a loud cry which could be anything from war cry to acknowledgment; you would just have to take the chance.

Orchrist slithers back over to the warring pair of Sage and Arbok in time to see Sage scream in agony as Arbok sinks his [b]Fire Fang[b] into her back. Orchrist acts quickly and fires off multiple Swift stars at Arbok catching him in his eyes making him drop Sage who shakes from the pain. He turns his attention to her hiding in anger and beginning to fire off attacks as Orchrist dodges with her Double Team.

You drag yourself along the ground to you body trying to avoid the myriad of attack and Pokemon, some Ekans and some of the army killed and strewn along the way. A pair of Ekans suddenly block your way and prepare to attack and you cover your face with your claws unable to dodge when you hear them cry out in pain blasted away by a powerful Gust from Hawk who looks smugly on. You thank him but before you can warn him the pair of Ekans he had been fighting leapt up Biting his wings and dragging him down to earth painfully. It was then that you noticed that the number of Ekans had increased exponentially, they must have been called from the outskirts of the grounds, the army was seriously outnumbered and most at a type disadvantage. You carry on your half crawl-half-drag towards the statue holding your body hostage but that was when everything went wrong

Arbok notices your movement and realises that your presence was the providing the morale for the army to keep fighting, and despite their increased numbers his clan was still falling. He rears back his head and Screeches causing Orchrist to fall out of her Double Team wincing in pain, it catches the attention of all the Pokemon fighting.

You think because your leader has returned that you will win this battle. You pathetic simpletons, I can remove his life again without even moving for I am that powerful. Watch as I end your precious leaders life AGAIN! he roars playing his trump card. You turn to see all eyes on you fearfully and you spot an Ekans painted all different colours humming and meditating in the distance. The eyes on the statue behind you begin to glow and you realise what that meant. All you could do was utter a pained no before you pass out. Gasps filled the clearing as all the morale you gave the army evaporated with your consciousness. You feel yourself drop and hit the ground with a thud and open your eyes to see most of the army dead on the ground, with only a handful of Ekans and the Arbok left and they were still fighting!. Orchrist was by your side protectively as she watched the Pokemon continue to slaughter each other. You feel your human hands push you up into a sitting position. This was not the kind of adventure you had wanted, watching two tribe kill each other off. There was nothing about this you could change now you could see, even the Arbok looked like he was hanging on to a thread of life his body bloodied, burnt and badly injured. You feel tears sting your eyes that you could not have helped. You could perhaps stay behind and continue the war but part of you felt like what was the point? they were killing each other there would be no-one left to inhabit. Sages deceased body made both you and Orchrist deeply saddened, she had died for her husband who had died long ago. Perhaps the best thing to do now was leave before anything else happened to you both, this war after all was a lost cause now.
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 05-05-2010, 06:38 AM   #295
Pokemaniacneo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Pokemaniacneo ~ It had been a tense moment and you could swear that the hunters could hear your heart beating traitorously out of your chest. The silver guns were pointing too close to you for your liking and your Charmander was lying silently in your arms too afraid to move. Fortunately they didnt seem to notice you and ran off back through the forest after the dino. As you emerged from the bushes sure the coast was clear you finally allowed yourself to breath Maurice sliding out of your grip to the ground shaking. You put two and two together and realise that it was those men who more than likely injured Tropius, how awful, did they want to kill it? Capture it? Your common sense was telling you to run away from this entire situation, you didnt want to be getting messed up with hunters or poachers, but you knew that you couldnt leave the poor thing injured with risk of more injuries if it got caught.

You feel confident in your abilities, you could save the dino, you were sure of it and soon Maurice felt your confidence fill him too. You both decide to save Tropius and to do that you needed to follow the two men. Running into the undergrowth you listen out for their voices hearing a faint noise like human speech in the distance, wow they were fast. You take off after them running the forest hoping to keep enough distance for them not to notice you but be close enough to follow them accurately. Soon the voices disappear entirely and you sigh in defeat, now you were left alone in the forest with only your choices to guide you. Maurice pulls on your trouser leg and points at the ground, it was then that you noticed footprints in the mud, they were shoe-shaped and unless another set of people had run through the forest you were sure it was them. Following them intently you missed the odd branch and ended up with a few scratches across your face and neck whilst Maurice hid a grin behind his claws. Suddenly you stop as you notice something else, the footprints veer off to the right but up ahead there was a smearing of blood on the ground, was it from Tropius wound and why didnt the hunters notice it?

As you finish your thoughts the bushes rustle and you see an Ariados crawl out and suddenly feel the hairs on the back of your neck raise, this was not a good time to encounter one of those. It stops its movement and swivels its head round so fast you nearly jump out of your skin. It gives you an incredulous look before it is quickly replaced by fear as it scuttles off forwards, the same direction of the blood, did it think you were a hunter too? It certainly seems scared of you both but would go after it, it could possibly lead you to the Tropius, there could be more than one Pokemon being hunted today.
(Sorry as always for taking so long to reply, note: I do have Vespiquen in my party, I just used his brother as a plot device to how he recieved it)

It was becoming quickly obvious to the slightly slow boy that the forest inhabitants seemginly feared all humans, if the arachnid's reaction was anything to go by. Perhaps the whole forest shared the creatures distain for humans... which meant the damage the poachers were causing might reach further than just the Tropius.

Alfons shook his head, this was going to be a much more complicated affair than he had first anticipated. Regardless, there was only one option - to follow the trail of blood to wherever it lead. However, if they were indeed hunting more than just the Tropius that meant other Pokemon were in danger too... this meant that the best plan of action would be to subdue the hunters themselves and logically, where ever the giant plant-dinosaur was, they'd find the hunters.

Wiping the quickly drying blood from his cut using his sleeve he turned to the small salamander, "Right Maurice, we're going in! We have to be stealthy and find those horrible hunters and take 'em down, 'kay?"

Maurice looked back at his trainer, an expression of bewilderment and fear gracing his features. Did his new 'master' honestly think that running in head first guns blazing would actually do anything. Although throughout the lizard-like Pokemon had taken the situation quite lightly his instincts were taking over, namely the fear shared by his fellow Pokemon. He shook his head, backing away slightly but not enough for their to be any distance between the two.

"M-maurice... I... I don't want to make you do anything that you don't want to but..." he paused at the prediciment. Although growing fast Maurice was still young, could he really expect the fire-type to take down two poachers when gripped with the fear of two armed poachers. Perhaps going in at full force was... dull of him but he couldn't see any other options. His other Pokemon he had in his possesion was Jack but he had already decided she was far too large to be expected to fit comfortably in the forest area regardless of her flying sub-type. He sighed, perching on a low growing branch hands digging into his pockets feeling around at the three Pokeballs... wait... three...

"H-hang on... I only have three... I mean two..." he took out the three shruken spheres and examined them carefully. One was plain, red and white in colour and obvious not in use - Maurice's ball. The other, a mixture of browns and yellows, Jack's Pokeball. The third however, shared Maurice's ball in plainness however, it was in use. "Huh..." He fished one last object out of his pocket, a small piece of paper with very untidy handwriting on it.

"Dear Idiot Brother

Of course, i'm sure it's taken you a long time to figure out exactly what this is so i'll make it simple and put it in writing form. It's something you should have taken but didn't. I mean, you're going into a forest with bug-types so obviously you should have taken me with you. However, I couldn't have expected you to be that smart, so, as all you have for protection is a giant sea serpent in a small forest I have decided to be nice and lend you this gift, I expect her back as soon as you get back as I intend to go out adventuring on my own.

From your loving brother, Tobi~"

Alfons stared blankly at the sheet and then pokeball. "Did he honestly go through all that trouble just to make the words look like they were in italics..."

Maurice rolled his eyes letting out a loud, "Chaaaar."

"Oh," he finally realized, "the ball... okay... let's see." He tossed it carefully across the grassy, branch ridden plain and with a bright flash the form of a floating bee-hive took shape. "W-wow... no way... I just got that thing in a trade for him before I left and he managed to..." Alfons looked to be both impressed and jelous at the obedient Vespiquen now floating infront of him. It was fairly young if his Pokedex was anything to go by but it stared forward like a soilder waiting for orders. Lowering himself down he scooped the small lizard in his arms, "It's okay if you're afraid, I won't make you do anything you don't want to."

Maurice have a grateful childish grin to his trainer and then to the Vespiquen who ignored him entirely causing him to fall into a mini-huff. The bee-queen seemed the perfect Pokemon to scout the area, although fairly large a forest would be a natural enviroment for it and perhaps they'd have a better chance of locating the hunters.

Giving the honeycomb-like Pokemon the story and their intentions to follow the trail of blood quietly she merely nodded, swiftly moving ahead to where the trail led, the red-head at her non-tangible heels.
Pokemaniacneo is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #296
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Forest of Mystery – Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ Time appeared to slow as if to show the chaos in its truest form, the battle had begun! It all started when you shielded Orchrist from that vicious blow, the cause of your current agony and even your immortal state you could still feel pain very well. You had been trying to show Orchrist that past the foreign bug shell you were Balmund, her daddy, inside and she was finding it difficult to believe. As ironic as it was, your actions in shielding her seemed to cement that fact in her mind, you knew too much and showed such familiar characteristics not to be him; so the pain was worth it. Sage had entered the picture shortly after, Saffron’s remnant memories telling you enough about her to understand her elation to see you again and her sorrow at your state. She unleashed her fury, one Orchrist having gotten to know her wouldn’t have expected, upon Arbok giving the army a chance to strike. Hawk flew down barrelling into several Ekans as the other bird, grass and Bug types joined in, the start of the chaos.

As battles engaged all around you looked towards your body hanging limply in the statue, now was your chance, if you could perhaps free yourself from the bindings you could return to the human flesh. But as you looked around at the ensuring chaos you realised that they needed you as Saffron much more than Balmund the human. You speak to Orchrist glad that she could see you hidden under all that mushroom and reassure her that you’ll be alright, though you both knew you were lying. You ask her to distract Arbok away from Sage before any harm came to her, you would retrieve some Super Potions from your body, there were some in the bag still hanging from your shoulders, if you could only get there. You call to Hawk to give you cover the Pidgeotto deep in battle with the Ekans and you can’t be sure he heard you. He gave a loud cry which could be anything from war cry to acknowledgment; you would just have to take the chance.

Orchrist slithers back over to the warring pair of Sage and Arbok in time to see Sage scream in agony as Arbok sinks his [b]Fire Fang[b] into her back. Orchrist acts quickly and fires off multiple Swift stars at Arbok catching him in his eyes making him drop Sage who shakes from the pain. He turns his attention to her hiding in anger and beginning to fire off attacks as Orchrist dodges with her Double Team.

You drag yourself along the ground to you body trying to avoid the myriad of attack and Pokemon, some Ekans and some of the army killed and strewn along the way. A pair of Ekans suddenly block your way and prepare to attack and you cover your face with your claws unable to dodge when you hear them cry out in pain blasted away by a powerful Gust from Hawk who looks smugly on. You thank him but before you can warn him the pair of Ekans he had been fighting leapt up Biting his wings and dragging him down to earth painfully. It was then that you noticed that the number of Ekans had increased exponentially, they must have been called from the outskirts of the grounds, the army was seriously outnumbered and most at a type disadvantage. You carry on your half crawl-half-drag towards the statue holding your body hostage but that was when everything went wrong …

Arbok notices your movement and realises that your presence was the providing the morale for the army to keep fighting, and despite their increased numbers his clan was still falling. He rears back his head and Screeches causing Orchrist to fall out of her Double Team wincing in pain, it catches the attention of all the Pokemon fighting.

“You think because your leader has returned that you will win this battle. You pathetic simpletons, I can remove his life again without even moving for I am that powerful. Watch as I end your precious leader’s life AGAIN!” he roars playing his trump card. You turn to see all eyes on you fearfully and you spot an Ekans painted all different colours humming and meditating in the distance. The eyes on the statue behind you begin to glow and you realise what that meant. All you could do was utter a pained no before you pass out. Gasps filled the clearing as all the morale you gave the army evaporated with your consciousness. You feel yourself drop and hit the ground with a thud and open your eyes to see most of the army dead on the ground, with only a handful of Ekans and the Arbok left and they were still fighting!. Orchrist was by your side protectively as she watched the Pokemon continue to slaughter each other. You feel your human hands push you up into a sitting position. This was not the kind of adventure you had wanted, watching two tribe kill each other off. There was nothing about this you could change now you could see, even the Arbok looked like he was hanging on to a thread of life his body bloodied, burnt and badly injured. You feel tears sting your eyes that you could not have helped. You could perhaps stay behind and continue the war but part of you felt like ‘what was the point?’ they were killing each other there would be no-one left to inhabit. Sage’s deceased body made both you and Orchrist deeply saddened, she had died for her husband who had died long ago. Perhaps the best thing to do now was leave before anything else happened to you both, this war after all was a lost cause now.
As Balmund calls Hawk for help the Pidgeotto who was deep in battle lets out a loud cry which could be anything from a war cry to acknowledgement. Balmund wasn't sure he had heard him, but he had to take the chance anyways.

Meanwhile, Orchrist had hastily slithered back to the warring pair of Sage and Arbok in time to see Sage scream in agony as Arbok sinks his Fire Fang into her back. Acting quickly, Orchrist fires of a Swift attack, the multiple stars of energy catching Arbok right in the eyes making him drop Sage who shakes from the pain. Angered, he turns his attention to her and begins to fire off attacks but Orchrist manages to evade them with her Double Team.

Trying to avoid the myriad of attacks and Pokmon, Balmund drags himself towards his body along the ground which already had several corpses from both armies strewn along the way. Suddenly, a pair of Ekans block his way and prepare their attack. Unable to dodge them Balmund can only try to cover his face when he suddenly hears them cry out in pain as they are blasted by a powerful Gust from Hawk who just looks down smugly on. Balmund looks up and nods his head as thanks, but before he could even warn him the pair of Ekans he had been fighting leapt up Biting his wings and dragging him painfully down to earth. It was then that Balmund noticed that the number of Ekans had increased exponentially, probably being called from the outskirts of the grounds. This wasn't good at all, the army was seriously outnumbered now, and most finding themselves at a type disadvantage. But what else could Balmund possibly do? In his current state, he would only be a liability.

He carries on with his half-crawl-half-drag towards the statue holding his body hostage. "Just a little more!" he thought, but his movements are noticed by Arbok who realizes that it was his presence the provided the moral boost for the army to keep fighting so fervently, and despite them being outnumbered, it was the Arbok's clan that was falling. Rearing back his head, Arbok Screeches catching everyone's attention and causing Orchrist to fall out of her Double Team wincing in pain.

"You think because your leader has returned that you will win this battle? You pathetic simpletons , I can remove his life again without even moving for I am that powerful. Watch as I end your precious leader's life AGAIN!" he roars playing his trump card. Turning around, Balmund sees all eyes locked on him with fear and he spots an Ekans painted all in different colors humming and meditating in the distance. The eyes on the statue begins to glow and Balmund realized what that meant, his heart right under his throat at the thought. With his soul going back to its rightful place, 'Saffron' would die again, and with that, the pillar that supported his army would crumble. "No," he painfully uttered before passing out, gasps filling the clearing as all their morale evaporated alongside his consciousness.

The statue letting go of its prisoner, Balmund feels himself drop and hit the ground with a thud, and as he opens his eyes he sees most of the army lying dead on the ground, with the Arbok and a handful of his clan still remaining and still fighting. Orchrist was by his side protectively as she watched the Pokmon continue to slaughter each other. Balmund pushes himself up to a sitting position and uncontrollable tears start to sting his eyes. This was the second time Balmund felt himself so impotent since that one incident of his childhood. He failed at preventing this tragedy and what's more, he was the unwilling trigger that led to it. There didn't seem to be anything else he could now, even the Arbok was hanging on to the last threads of his life and soon there would be no one left to inhabit this cursed forest. 'Why do they keep fighting anyways?' Balmund thought. Haven't they had enough? What's the point in going on with this madness? The earth must've already soaked enough blood to dye it crimson red for years to come.

Sage's deceased body made both Balmund and Orchrist deeply saddened; Balmund knew all to well the kind of love her husband felt for her and Orchrist had come to see her almost as friend, or at the very least her meeting Sage made an impact on the way she viewed wild Pokmon (maybe some were worthy of her respect and sympathy). Maybe now she would finally reunite with her beloved one. And just like her, many others must've fought for the sake of protecting someone they loved. War is truly a terrible thing, and Balmund now knew this from sheer experience.

"Enough… I… just… just stop this… stop this now," Balmund said trying to catch his breath as he reached for one of the pokballs on his belt. He knew it wasn't worth the effort, but he was sick and tired of watching any more Pokmon fall to their deaths.

"I said that's enough!" he bellowed, releasing the fossil Pokmon; the young but though-as-nails Aerodactyl spreading his wings as he came out of his pokball. "Kurth, Roar!" he commanded; if anything, that should catch their attention. Even Arbok should recognize that it was time to call for a ceasefire and tend to the wounded, going on any further is suicide.

At the worst, he would at least try to pick up the corpses of both Sage and Saffron as he flew away with his Aerodactyl. They needed a proper burial and somebody had to pass on the news to Cassia, and if necessary, take care of her.
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 05-13-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Balmund is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #297
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini
 
Salamencia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Not here
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Mediville – Please reply in lemonchiffon

Salamencia ~ The battle was really heating up now and both Pokemon still had enough energy to continue and wouldn’t back down, this symbolised something important for the both of them. For Vulcan it was his first battle and he wanted to prove that he was strong, and for Aipom it was its chance to shine in a new way, to test out its battling skills for it could possibly not get the chance again. Both Pokemon had suffered burns from the blast of Heatwave and both trainers were reeling at the power their own displayed and as both Pokemon made it to their feet, you knew it wasn’t over yet. Tyler appeared to gained more confidence in his battling skills despite the state of his Aipom and you hoped this would only make the battle that more interesting and make your victory all the better.

Giving your fiery Cyndaquil another set of instructions he squeaked his confirmation before making the first move. He charges towards Aipom with his speedy Quick Attack and Aipom looks nervous. It doesn’t want to disobey its trainer but its sure its Tail Whip wouldn’t be an effective counter. It squeaks and jumps onto its back spinning around flinging its tail back and forth in a frenzied fashion as Vulcan strikes it. Aipom is pushed across the ground rolling over and coming to a stop before its trainer shaking off the pain whilst Vulcan appeared to have been knocked over by the whipping tail, the normally defence lowering move having smacked him across the nose painfully. Both Pokemon rise to their feet and run back towards one another their paws drawn back one with the claws elongating the other glowing a feint white. They give a battle cry as they both hit the other in the chest making both collapse to the ground in pain. You watch the pair catch their breath and wondered if it was over, was it a tie? Both Pokemon push off the other before rising to their feet once more, it wouldn’t take much more to finish the battle but suddenly a voice calls out distracting you all from the fight.

“What are you dong out here?” the voice calls out and you notice Tyler and Zak wince at having been caught. Laura looked out of breath like she had been running but had a stern look across her normally friendly face.

“You should be careful you could have hurt your Pokemon, look Aipom is already in pain,” she said to Tyler who looked ashamed even with Aipom chittering in his defence.

“We were being careful Laura why do you think we were battling out here?” Zak added defending his friend. “Anyway Aipom’s been wanting to battle for ages remember, we didn’t want it to battle another circus Pokemon in case the acts were jeopardized and Sal agreed to help.” Laura looks to you as you feel your cheeks burn with colour feely guilty, had you really done something wrong?

“Maybe I was over reacting I’m sorry, they don’t look too badly hurt,” she said, “but that’s not why I came, the Ringmaster says he’s got an important announcement to make, I’ve been looking all over for you, everyone else is already gathered. Come on, here give your Pokemon these, you don’t want him to see them in this state,” She throws a couple of Orans berries one to you and one to Tyler. It appeared that your battle had come to an abrupt end and you couldn’t help but feel disappointed. Vulcan accepts the berry off you munching off it hungrily as you pick him up. The 4 of you make your way towards the circus enclosure and you notice Laura stop just a short way off the group of performers.

“He may be wanting to discuss something top secret, something the viewers aren’t meant to hear so you better wait here Sal. Zak and Tyler will meet with you again afterwards.” Zak and Tyler smile at you before running off to join the group as you’re left alone with Vulcan. You couldn’t help but feel very curious as to what they were talking about and decide to walk around the caravans to see if you could hear a little from a better angle. As you approach you can see the Ringmaster and frown, he looked a little off, his eyes looked glazed over and empty as he spoke.

“… several changes need to be made around here,” you catch part of his address. “Firstly we will be increasing our schedule, we will be running performances 3 times a day every day.” You hear gasps ring through the crowd and many unhappy murmurings. “The ticket prices will be doubling to cover costs and from now on the spectators will be allowed back stage for an extra fee to watch the performers train and see the petting zoo, a new area for our retired and injured performers. When you are not performing you will be training no exceptions” The crowd was staring in disbelief at their Ringmaster stunned to silence.

“More changes will follow soon but that is all for now. Now everyone back to their training.” The crowd slowly disperses as you run back to the spot the guys left you. You stare at the ground wondering what Zak and the others would make of the news as spot them walking slowly towards you looking miserable at the news. You feign inncocence as they approach and enquire as to what was wrong and it didn’t take them long to tell you roughly what was said. Zak looks annoyed, Tyler miserable and Laura had a confused expression on her face.

“There was something wrong about all that, the Ringmaster has always kept our a training a secret, why would he spill our secrets now people will lose interest,” she says.

“How can he expect us to train and perform non-stop without a break, and charging al that extra money!?!”? Zak adds huffing.

“He looked really tired to me, maybe that’s it,” Tyler suggests coming to his boss’s defence.

“I don’ know,” Laura says, “He did look weird, like he wasn’t really there normally he so enthused when talking about the circus. Something feels bad, I think we should find out why,” she says.

“Don’t you remember we’ve got to train now, I’m sure he’ll be around to check soon. Hey why doesn’t Sal go snooping for us?” Zak poses the question and although the others have their reserves you ca see they have no other option.

“Would you?” Tyler asks, “ we direct you to the Ringmasters caravan you would just have to be very careful not to be caught?” It seems they’re in need of your help again, would you this time though?
As per usual, thanks for the patience. At worst, my life should be back together by the summer holidays. Either way, I’ll try to reply within a week next time.

The battle was really starting to get interesting, and Aipom and Tyler were proving to be tough opponents. After Sal gave his orders, Vulcan squeaked a reply, then turned to face his opponent. He ran towards Aipom at a remarkable speed, his Quick Attack seemingly making the monkey nervous. Nevertheless, Aipom decided to carry out its orders, not wanting to upset Tyler. It began swinging its tail back and forth, hoping to knock Vulcan down before it was hit. However, the Tail Whip didn’t stop the fiery rodent, as he struck the tail head-on, forcing Aipom onto the ground awkwardly. After completing the attack, Vulcan fell onto his back, the counter-attack having struck him on the nose. This didn’t stop either of them, however, as they both got to their feet again, and ran towards each-other again, each one pulling one of their paws back, their claws getting longer and glowing. The Crush Claw and Scratch both made their mark, striking the intended targets in their chests painfully. Both battlers fell to the floor, the injuries finally taking their toll. ’Is it over?’ Sal found himself thinking. As if to answer his question, the Pokmon got back to their feet slowly, taking fighting stances once again. It was clear that the battle was almost over, and Sal was ready to give what could well be the final orders. But, as soon as he opened his mouth, he was interrupted by another voice.

“What are you dong out here?” the owner of the voice, Laura, asked. Tyler and Zak both looked worried, having been caught. Sal felt a sickening feeling in his stomach. ’Was this really such a bad idea?’ he found himself thinking as he tried to come up with a response. “You should be careful you could have hurt your Pokemon, look Aipom is already in pain,” Laura continued, making Sal feel even worse. He looked over at Aipom, who was trying to defend Tyler.

“We were being careful Laura why do you think we were battling out here?” Zak replied, trying to help Tyler. “Anyway Aipom’s been wanting to battle for ages remember, we didn’t want it to battle another circus Pokemon in case the acts were jeopardized and Sal agreed to help.” Laura now turned to Sal, as he wondered what he should do.

“Maybe I was over reacting I’m sorry, they don’t look too badly hurt,” she said, and Sal felt relieved. ’Well, it doesn’t look like anything will come of this,’ he thought, but Laura continued. “But that’s not why I came, the Ringmaster says he’s got an important announcement to make, I’ve been looking all over for you, everyone else is already gathered. Come on, here give your Pokemon these, you don’t want him to see them in this state,” she said, handing Sal and Tyler an Oran Berry each. Sal handed the berry to Vulcan, who ate it quickly and hungrily. The group then made their way to the enclosure. Just before reaching the others, Laura stopped them, and addressed Sal.

“He may be wanting to discuss something top secret, something the viewers aren’t meant to hear so you better wait here Sal. Zak and Tyler will meet with you again afterwards,” she said, and Sal simply nodded in reply. The three trainers joined the crowd, leaving Sal and Vulcan by themselves. Curiosity got the better of Sal, and he decided to try and listen in on the announcement. He found a good spot, making sure he was hidden from sight, before watching the announcement. The Ringmaster looked out of character, his eyes were empty, as if he had just lost a relative.

“… several changes need to be made around here,” he said. “Firstly we will be increasing our schedule, we will be running performances 3 times a day every day.” Many of the crowd members gasped after hearing this news, and unrest suddenly grew among them. “The ticket prices will be doubling to cover costs and from now on the spectators will be allowed back stage for an extra fee to watch the performers train and see the petting zoo, a new area for our retired and injured performers. When you are not performing you will be training no exceptions. More changes will follow soon but that is all for now. Now everyone back to their training.” and with that, the Ringmaster was silent once more. The trainers left, none of them looking remotely pleased after receiving the news. Sal returned to the place the others left him at, and the three of them soon joined him. They all looked miserable, and Sal pretended he hadn’t heard anything.

“What on earth did he say? You all look down,” he asked, trying to sound innocent. The three of them explained what had been said.

“There was something wrong about all that, the Ringmaster has always kept our a training a secret, why would he spill our secrets now people will lose interest,” Laura said, looking very confused.

“How can he expect us to train and perform non-stop without a break, and charging all that extra money!?!” Zak said angrily.

“He looked really tired to me, maybe that’s it,” Tyler said, trying to defend his boss.

“I don’t know, he did look weird, like he wasn’t really there normally he so enthused when talking about the circus. Something feels bad, I think we should find out why,” Laura replied.

“Don’t you remember we’ve got to train now, I’m sure he’ll be around to check soon. Hey why doesn’t Sal go snooping for us?” Zak said, turning to Sal once more. Sal was surprised, a battle was one thing, but snooping? ’How did I get myself into this?’ he thought.

“Would you?” Tyler asked, “we direct you to the Ringmasters caravan you would just have to be very careful not to be caught?” Sal didn’t know how to respond, and took a few seconds to gather his thoughts. ’Well, they haven’t got any other options, and there’s definitely something weird about this,’ he continued thinking.

“I… I guess you guys have a point,” he said nervously, “but at the same time… it’s not usually my kind of thing.” He thought back to when he saw the Ringmaster, and remembered the expression on his face. It was clear that something was wrong, and he knew where these three were coming from. “Ok, espionage really isn’t my specialty, but I’ll try to find something. After all, I guess I owe you for everything you’ve done so far,” he continued, smiling a little.
__________________
PASBL - Trainer Level 4 - B Grade Referee

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #298
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,261
Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 17

Forest of Mystery Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ The sight of blood and death across the clearing was enough to make your eyes water and your stomach lurch, this wasnt how you saw the fight going. Even though you had been reunited with your Pokemon and returned to your body you were far from happy, you had played a part in this war and everyone else had suffered for it. There were still a few from each side battling through their exhaustion the snakes drawn on by their blood lust and the forest army by your brave sacrifice. You shook with various emotions as Orchrist watched the final moments of the battle with sorrow in her eyes, no-one was winning, there would be none left. Sage had already passed, her body lay dead and cold on the ground the only comfort being that she was reunited with her mate for real this time. Your voice trembled as you tried to convey your desperate message begging them to stop and as your plea fell on deaf ears you grasped a cool metal sphere in your hand. You would make them stop one way or another! Yelling now you tossed the Pokeball forth the sphere landing between the battlers releasing its monster, and what a monster. The ancient Aerodactyl, though young nearly filled up the entire clearing and soon had everyones attention with his presence alone. With a single order to roar Kurthnaga did just that the booming ferocious noise echoing through the forest and both armies looked terrified of the beast fleeing in fear; even Arbok thought better of it and slithered off into the bush.

Whether that had been your intention or not it had stopped that battle leaving in you in relative silence except for Kurths rhythmic breathing. Taking a moment to collect yourself you walk towards the corpse of Sage and the form of Saffron taking a deep breath before walking back to Kurthnaga and mounting his back Orchrist slithering up to sanke around his neck. The Aerodactly takes off into the air hovering over the two Parasect bodies picking them up with his clawed feet before launching into the sky leaving the forest behind. You instruct him to fly back to the forest armys home recalling its position from your short visit there and the Aerodactyl complies and quickly reaches the spot he finds a nearby clearing allowing you both to dismount. You pick up Saffron as Orchrist drags Sage behind her as gently as possible. As you reach their home you notice sadly that it was abandoned, those that had not fought had fled long ago, even as you called out for Cassia you get no response, no-one was coming. Orchrist gets to work on the graves Digging through the ground allowing you to place their bodies there together, at least they had made it home at last. As she was about to cover the ground up you notice two objects on their bodies, something you had not seen before. Reaching for them you pull off the 2 Big Mushrooms and sigh before putting them in your bag, it was something to remember them by at least.

Some of them waited til the end, but that roar, it was enough to scare an Ursaring away. I knew you would come back here a voice hissed out and you both turn to see a solitary snake slither through the bushes. Orchrist was immediately on the defensive but you paused, you recognised this Ekans; it was the one that had been your guide.

It was wise to not to fight, it was doomed before it started, they were not made for war but me I was a coward. it sighed hanging its head. You could no longer understand Ekans but Orchrist tried her best to translate.

I just watched as the master ordered our demise, just like just like he ordered her demise. He thought I didnt know, he thought we were all the same autonomous unit only there to follow orders. He was no leader he only cared for himself. He killed for fun and Ekans had a few tears in its eyes as it dredged up memories, and my sister suffered just because she was different.

I watched all I could then came here and scared most of the enemy away, but some were too stubborn to leave. It was fortunate your beast scared the rest. This part of the forest is not fit for anyone anymore.

I wish to be away from this, from pointless war and this bloodied forest. I ask much perhaps but would you please take me away, I will spend the rest of my days correcting my part in all of this, it finished hanging its head.

Though you didnt understand it you realised it was the most it had spoken since you met it. You turn to Orchrist for help and she pokes at your bag before pointing to a Pokeball on your belt and your eyes widen in understanding, but what would you do?



Pokemaniacneo ~ Faced with two options in the choice of directions you think carefully over which path you were going to take. Soon though your thoughts turn to the cold hearted hunters, you shiver as you recall their shiny metal weapons pointed at you and the damage they could have caused. Was taking them on head on really a good idea, Maurice certainly didnt think so. You had other Pokemon with you, ones that could instil the fear of God into any man but this wasnt the suited environment for them. You soon discover though that your brother had left you a Pokeball with a new Pokemon in it and release the Vespiquen from her confines. You begin to feel a little more confident with the bee at your side hoping she would be able to help you scout the area for the injured Tropius. Maurice seems happy with the idea of having someone else do the work but doesnt like her ignorance of him, like he was unimportant. With a huff he crosses his arms and resists the urge to Ember her for her behaviour. Unaware of the silent conflict between you Pokemon you catch Vespiquen up on the recent happenings and instruct her to follow the trail of blood.

The three of you proceed through the forest Vespiquen taking the lead searching for further signs of blood on the ground or bushes as she buzzes through the air. She points out some more blood on the ground and continues on with the trail. After a few moments of walking Vespiquen stops and flits through the bushes to your right and you hastily follow her not wanting to lose your brothers gift. You find her in a very small clearing staring at an injured Pokemon up ahead lying against a tree, and was about to congratulate her when you notice that it wasnt Tropius but the same Ariados from before. It hissed in pain barely making it to its spindly legs looking at you warily. You could tell it was nervous around you, probably due to the hunters roaming around the forest and approach it slowly showing it that you meant no harm. It was injured and you had two Pokemon that could defend you should things turn awry.

It stared at you intensely as you got within reach and you notice that it had part of one leg missing now left with a bloody stump that was just about healing. Maurice feeling a little braver asks how it got its injury and it hisses out angrily and Maurice nods in understanding, you guess that it must have been the hunters from the way they were talking. Ariados begins to speak feeling a little more confident that you were not going to hurt it and Vespiquen this time translates as best as she can but you couldnt understand her to well either. Maurice mimes a rocking motion in his arms and you wonder if he could mean babies and he nods. He then makes a gun shape and a shooting noise and you begin to put two and two together, the hunter had either take or killed this spiders children but from the gleam of hope in its eyes you guessed that it was the former. The hunters were really terrorising the forest and it wasnt the Tropius that had suffered. The Ariados speaks to your Pokemon again before limping off in one direction looking at you expectantly. It looked like it wanted you to follow it, perhaps it knew where the hunters were camping and saw you as a thread of hope on getting it children back. Would you be willing to follow it however, it could be leading you to more danger than you could handle but if the hunters had caught up to Tropius this may lead you to it.




Mediville Please reply in lemonchiffon

Salamencia ~ You could only being to think that you were being manipulated into helping these people time and time again even if they were not aware of it. You had come here for an adventure and to train Vulcan and although you had a chance for a battle and had seen a great show you were about to play spy for the circus folk and put yourself in a dangerous position. They were good people however and you couldnt help but to agree to snoop on the ringmaster to discover why he was acting the way he was. The circus performers collectively thank you for agreeing to help them and look about nervously hearing approaching voices.

We need to be quick, Laura says, Well have to get back to training before they discover any of this, she says backing up to look around for the source of the voices.

The ringmasters caravan looks like the regular staff caravans but with a mural of the Pokemon performers on the side, its at the far end of grounds, Tyler explains.

If you want to get there without being seen it would be best to go between the equipment trailers, theyre large enough to conceal you then turn off behind the Donphan pen and you should see it from there. Good Luck.

Weve got to go now, Laura said pulling the two boys away from you rushing them towards their training stations. The voices grown louder and you pull Vulcan off towards where you hope the equipment trailers are. You weave in and out of the staff caravans thankful that they were empty with the enforced extra training sessions. You take a moment to catch you breath and think about your plan whilst Vulcan nervously looks around in your arms before pulling at your shirt and pointing to the right. You follow his line of sight and spot the large equipment trailers and begin to make your way towards them as stealthily as possible. You notice again that the area was practically empty apart from a couple of roadies who were making a routine inspection. You wait for an opportune moment before dashing between the trailers almost holding your breath for fear they would hear you. You hear the click of the doors as they enter the trailers and run to the end of the line on pure adrenaline wanting to get far away from them. Gasping for breath you look back and forth looking for the next path to take and spot an open with several sleeping Donphan inside. You slowly make your way into the open scouring the surroundings for their tamers, considering that they were ordered to train you were on edge. Not spotting anyone around you take a risk and run to the pen before crouching by the fence and crawling around the outside hoping that if a tamer appeared you would not be spotted in your small position. It was taking longer than youd like and when Vulcan sneezed nearly waking a nearby Donphan you though you were going to pass out from the panic but made it safely to the end just as their tamer arrived.

You think over how lucky you were when you spotted the caravan you were searching for. You slowly walk towards it and gasp darting to the side as you spot something odd. There were a pair of Drowzee standing by the door like little yellow guards. You hadnt noticed any of those psychics used in the act and wondered where they had come from. You lean against the side of the vehicle wondering what to do next when you hear a voice from inside that was hauntingly familiar. You stand up on a nearby crate and peer into the window and your eyes widen in shock as you spot the familiar long coat wrapped around the creepy guy from earlier. He was leering at the ringmaster who looked dazed like before.

You played your part well my puppet, he sneered at the ringmaster who bowed to him.
It wont be long before you and your circus makes me very rich and after it does it will suffer a little accident but thats the way this business goes, isnt it, he smiles cruelly at the ringmaster who looks torn. The man frowns and another Drowzee steps forward its eyes glowing blue as the ringmaster looks dazed again nodding obediently. It was obvious that this creep was controlling the ringmaster and wanting nothing more than to run the circus into the ground whilst taking all the profit, you had to tell someone!

You turn around and stumble off the crate cursing as you land on your ankle awkwardly but it was Vulcans squeak of alarm that distracted you away from the throbbing pain. The guard-Drowzee were standing before you looking angrily down at you. You could hear movement inside the caravan and felt the rising panic that the mad man had heard the commotion. You cant risk being hypnotized too otherwise the others would never discover the trickery. What would you do?
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #299
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Forest of Mystery – Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ The sight of blood and death across the clearing was enough to make your eyes water and your stomach lurch, this wasn’t how you saw the fight going. Even though you had been reunited with your Pokemon and returned to your body you were far from happy, you had played a part in this war and everyone else had suffered for it. There were still a few from each side battling through their exhaustion the snakes drawn on by their blood lust and the forest army by your brave sacrifice. You shook with various emotions as Orchrist watched the final moments of the battle with sorrow in her eyes, no-one was winning, there would be none left. Sage had already passed, her body lay dead and cold on the ground the only comfort being that she was reunited with her mate for real this time. Your voice trembled as you tried to convey your desperate message begging them to stop and as your plea fell on deaf ears you grasped a cool metal sphere in your hand. You would make them stop one way or another! Yelling now you tossed the Pokeball forth the sphere landing between the battlers releasing its monster, and what a monster. The ancient Aerodactyl, though young nearly filled up the entire clearing and soon had everyone’s attention with his presence alone. With a single order to roar Kurthnaga did just that the booming ferocious noise echoing through the forest and both armies looked terrified of the beast fleeing in fear; even Arbok thought better of it and slithered off into the bush.

Whether that had been your intention or not it had stopped that battle leaving in you in relative silence except for Kurth’s rhythmic breathing. Taking a moment to collect yourself you walk towards the corpse of Sage and the form of Saffron taking a deep breath before walking back to Kurthnaga and mounting his back Orchrist slithering up to sanke around his neck. The Aerodactly takes off into the air hovering over the two Parasect bodies picking them up with his clawed feet before launching into the sky leaving the forest behind. You instruct him to fly back to the forest army’s home recalling its position from your short visit there and the Aerodactyl complies and quickly reaches the spot he finds a nearby clearing allowing you both to dismount. You pick up Saffron as Orchrist drags Sage behind her as gently as possible. As you reach their home you notice sadly that it was abandoned, those that had not fought had fled long ago, even as you called out for Cassia you get no response, no-one was coming. Orchrist gets to work on the graves Digging through the ground allowing you to place their bodies there together, at least they had made it home at last. As she was about to cover the ground up you notice two objects on their bodies, something you had not seen before. Reaching for them you pull off the 2 Big Mushrooms and sigh before putting them in your bag, it was something to remember them by at least.

”Some of them waited til the end, but that roar, it was enough to scare an Ursaring away. I knew you would come back here” a voice hissed out and you both turn to see a solitary snake slither through the bushes. Orchrist was immediately on the defensive but you paused, you recognised this Ekans; it was the one that had been your guide.

” It was wise to not to fight, it was doomed before it started, they were not made for war but … me … I was a coward.” it sighed hanging its head. You could no longer understand Ekans but Orchrist tried her best to translate.

“I just watched as the master ordered our demise, just like … just like he ordered her demise. He thought I didn’t know, he thought we were all the same autonomous unit only there to follow orders. He was no leader he only cared for himself. He killed for fun and …” Ekans had a few tears in its eyes as it dredged up memories, “and my sister suffered just because she was different.”

“I watched all I could then came here and scared most of the enemy away, but some were too stubborn to leave. It was fortunate your beast scared the rest. This part of the forest is not fit for anyone anymore.”

“I wish to be away from this, from pointless war and this bloodied forest. I ask much perhaps but would you please take me away, I will spend the rest of my days correcting my part in all of this,” it finished hanging its head.

Though you didn’t understand it you realised it was the most it had spoken since you met it. You turn to Orchrist for help and she pokes at your bag before pointing to a Pokeball on your belt and your eyes widen in understanding, but what would you do?
Soon after receiving his single order from his master, Kurthnaga thunders a ferocious, booming Roar as a demonstration of his might, which rips and echoes through the forest and causes both armies to instantly flee in fear, terrified of the beast that he is; even Arbok thought better of it and slithered off into the bush, much to Kurth's disappointment. They've probably never seen a creature like him ever before in their lives.

"Hmph, what a bunch of weaklings," Kurth muttered out loud in disdain. He truly loathed cowards and those who simply ran away were the worst offenders. He had actually hoped for someone to answer his challenge and would've gladly taken on both armies at once if allowed to. Balmund felt relief however; he was sick and tired of all this fighting and having things turn out this way was better than what he had hoped for. Nonetheless, a part of him wished he had ordered Kurth to pursuit and finish off the fleeing Arbok; what he had done was unforgivable. Too many died and suffered for his own satisfaction. Regardless, it was all over now, and only a relative silence remained in the end.

Taking a moment to collect himself, Balmund's walks towards the corpse of Sage before heading over to Saffron's as both his Pokmon watch over him. He didn't know what he really expected to see from up close, it didn't change anything. Taking a deep breath, he walks back to Kurthnaga and mounts his back; Orchrist slithering up and coiling around the Aerodactyl's neck.

"Let's go Kurth, take me outta here. Please pick up those two Parasect on the way, my friend." The Aerodactyl takes off into the air hovering over the two Parasect bodies and picking them up with his clawed feet before launching into the sky and leaving them behind. He instructs him to fly to the forest army's home, recalling its position from his short visit there; the flight itself being totally silent save for Kurth's flapping of his wings, Chris and Balmund being lost in thought with the Seviper more concerned on the well-being of her Dad than anything else.

They quickly reach the spot and find a nearby clearing allowing them to dismount. Balmund picks up Saffron while Orchrist gently drags Sage behind, but a stye reach their home they notice that it had been abandoned. It seems that those who had not fought had fled long ago and even as Balmund called for Cassia, they got no response. What a sad thing, this day would surely scar the poor Paras for the rest of her life, but maybe this was also good. Hopefully, she'll grow strong from this, and she'd better for she's all the remaining survivors can rely on. They could only hope for the best.

Orchrist soon gets to work on the graves, Digging through the ground and allowing Balmund to place the Parasect's bodies together; at least they had made it back ohm at last. Just as Chris was about to cover the ground up, Balmund notices two objects on their bodies, something he had not seen before. Reaching for them, he pulls off two Big Mushrooms and sighs before putting them on his bag to keep them as a memento of this adventure.

"Some of them waited till the end, but that roar was enough to scare an Ursaring away. I knew you would come back here," a voice hissed out and both them turn around to see a solitary snake slither through the bushes; Orchrist immediately at the defensive at the sight.

"Easy there, Chris" Balmund paused as he recognized this particular Ekans; it was the one that had been his guide earlier.

"It was wise to not to fight, it was doomed before it started, they were not made for war but… me… I was a coward," it sighed hanging its head. Balmund could no longer understand Ekans, but Orchrist tried her best to translate. Not that Balmund could perfectly understand her either, but it was easier for him figure out what she meant.

"I just watched as our master ordered our demise, just like… just like he ordered her demise. He thought I didn't know; he thought we were all the same autonomous unit only there to follow orders. He was no leader, he only cared for himself. He killed for fun and…" Ekans had a few tears in its eyes as it dredged up memories,, "and my sister suffered just because she was different."

"I watched all I could and then came here and scared most of the enemy away, but some were too stubborn to leave. It was fortunate your beast scared the rest. this part of the forest is not fit for anyone anymore."

"I wish to be away from this, from pointless war and this bloodied forest. I ask much perhaps but would you please take me away? I will spend the rest of my days correcting my part in all of this," it finished while hanging its head.

Though Balmund didn't understand what it said, he realized it was the most it had spoken since he met it. He turns to Orchrist for help and she pokes his bag before pointing to a Pokball on his belt. His eyes widen in understanding and he looks back at the Ekans with a smile before reaching into his bag to take out an empty Pokball (1/4).

"I accept you. Welcome to my family. Let me take you away from this forest of death and let us journey together so that we may both grow stronger in body and heart. I swear to be your guide and caring guardian till the time of my death and I hope you'll find only joy from today and onward."

Balmund really wanted to take that ekans under his wing, not only because he could feel a kindred spirit in it, but because doing so would help him feel less guilty for the tragedy that took place this day. Orchrist too liked the idea. She was wrong about her initial assumptions regarding the Ekans whole clan and she was really interested in getting to know this one better (plus, the naughty side of her was delighted at the idea of having another lackey to toy with).

Despite the hardships, today may very well be the birth of a relationship that would last a lifetime.
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 06-04-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Editing in link to Pokball (I totally forgot ^^;)
Balmund is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 04:42 AM   #300
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,261
Umbreon UPN AR Updates Batch 18

Forest of Mystery – Please reply in limegreen

Balmund ~ This Ekans had risked a lot coming back to you especially since it had been an instrument in your suffering. It looked more than sorry though and seemed to be asking for forgiveness hanging its head low as it spoke. Orchrist was initially on guard but as it spoke she relaxed a little especially at your warning, she could take it out anyway if it tried anything and it was aware of that. It finished its speech, the most words it probably had ever spoken being forced to silence and servitude under the wrath of that maniac Arbok; you only hoped it would meet its end rather painfully and as soon as possible. Orchrist translates for you and as she points to your Pokeballs you feel a smile grace your lips; perhaps today would not be a total loss. You reach into your bag and pull out an empty red and white sphere enlarging it as you answer the snake’s question. It looks up and holds back the tears in its eyes at your speech and as Pokemon could better understand humans than you could them it was moved by your words.

”Oh my new master, words are not enough. I will fight forever for you to prove my worth and not make you regret this day. I will fight in my sister’s name and for all those who died here today. It has been a long time since I have left joy such as this.” It wept but a smile was on its lips as it slithered towards you nudging the ball in your hand. It converts to light as its sucked inside its new home, the ball doesn’t even wiggly but ‘dings’ to signify a new capture for you and a new chapter for the Level 07, Male Ekans. Orchrist seemed pleased with your decision for many different reasons. Feeling a renewed sense of joy at your small victory you walk back towards Kurthnaga, it was time for you all to leave this retched forest and begin your new relationships together.


With Ekans’ capture you have unlocked your rights to the Egg House (I will need a link to his Pokeball however). Once you have replied to this update you are released from the Arcane Realm and free to post in the other zones FB has to offer. It was a pleasure updating you I hope you have fun with all your new adventures to come.
Arc_Angel is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.