UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 07-28-2017, 07:55 PM   #76
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

(I was gonna let him survive it anyway- there is a 12 level difference between the two, for whatever that's worth)

"Have you ever seen a more devastating looking attack, folks?" Chroma asked, albeit to nobody in particular. "Or heard a more piercing shriek from anything other than a whismur?! Gosh, I couldn't hear myself think!" A brief second passed in brief silence. "Oh, the purple mist is finally clearing! Is the dewpider still -woah, I guess that Bubble attack answers the question quite nicely!"

Even as the orb of water blew through the remains of the Acid Downpour, Ami had brought her hands up- and swiftly jabbed in the opposite direction, sending potent energy into her pokemon. Evidently, the Bubble was merely a decoy, an attack meant to distract them from the real threat. "Now! Savage Spin-Out!" An immense swathe of silken threads flew towards the minun, building upon the power of Infestation.

'Yeah, I know how to use Sludge!' Butternut answered excitedly. 'It ain't as impressive as Gunk Shot, but it gets dah job done! Normally.'

'Flesym, ma I yaw eht htiw yppah ytterp m'I!' Elen flipped around in midair, seemingly disappearing before he landed. 'Deedni, yppah yrev~!'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #77
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

And sure enough, Bell survived the attack! Anion yelped as she dove out of the way of an oncoming Bubble attack... only for both her and Keith to realize that the Bubble was but a diversion, a diversion which allowed Bell to unleash his own full-power Z-Move, the Bug-type Z-Move Savage Spin-Out! Anion was caught up in the powerful move, bound by the sticky threads, and then blasted at full power. "Anion! Are you OK?" Keith called out.

"Maaaaiiii..." grunted Anion- she was still standing, but for how much longer was anyone's guess at this point. "...Minun!" she said, giving a sharp, determined nod. Keith couldn't help but grin- his Minun did not give up easily, did she?

"Alright, then!" Keith nodded. "We'll give it all we got! Anion, Quick Attack, and follow up with Nuzzle!" He wasn't sure Anion would even be able to get these attacks off- it seemed as though one more good hit might just end the battle then and there- but he picked up on the Minun's determination to see the battle through to whatever conclusion it might have, and was not about to disrespect her by forfeiting.

"Yeah, Sludge is a pretty good move like that," Dennis nodded with a grin. "I know Sludge, too. One of the first moves Keith ever taught me, in fact. And Pomona says it was the very first move Keith ever taught her."

"I see that," grinned Chuck. "Do you ever think about evolving?" he asked Elenchos.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:07 PM   #78
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Geez, the arena's taking quite the beating! First the ceremonial acid bath, and now this massive gash... truly, these so-called Z-Moves live up to their name!" Chroma's voice betrayed the financial worry she had, but it wasn't the most prominent emotion there. "But neither of them is done yet, folks! Just look at that minun go!"

"Let her get that first attack in and end it with a Bug Bite!" ell stumbled a bit as Anion's Quick Attack hit its mark and prepared to deliver the final blow- only for his paralysis to kick in once again, leaving him completely defenseless as she gave him yet another electrifying Nuzzle. There was a brif moment where everything seemed to stand still, then the dewpider finally collapsed.

"Bell is unable to battle! Keith and Anion are the victors!"

"You did a great job, Bell." Ami stated as she recalled her warrior. "Congratulations, that was much closer than I expected!"

'It wasn't my first, but it was definitely up dere,'
the pumpkasaur admitted. 'Den again, my trainer's not a Poison master!'

'Noitulove?' Elen's voice came from a little to the left of where he was last visible. 'Nosaer emos rof, thguoht taht fo deracs era srehto eht.'

Old 07-28-2017, 09:24 PM   #79
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith tensed up as Bell prepared for a Bug Bite... but then the paralysis kicked in! They had an opening! "Anion! Nuzzle attack!" he ordered.

"MAAAAIIIII!" exclaimed Anion, rubbing her front paws against her blue cheek pouches until sparks flew from them. Then, she rammed one of said cheek pouches into Bell for some semi-respectable damage... and then the Dewpider collapsed!

"All right!" Keith cheered. He ran out onto the battlefield and scooped up his exhausted Minun. "Anion, you were great," he smiled.

"Mai Minun..." Anion panted, though with a happy grin still on her tired face.

"Thanks," Keith smiled as Ami congratulated him. "Thanks for the battle- you're right, definitely a close one. I thought Bell had us with that Bug Bite near the end. And that Savage Spin-Out was looking pretty good."

"Yeah, Keith's definitely an expert with Poison-types," nodded Dennis. "I'm pretty sure he's owned almost all the different kinds by now. I say almost, of course- his Mareanie ain't evolved yet, and he's also never owned a Pumpkasaur."

"Scared?" Chuck repeated. "Ah, because you'd become a Malamar, yes," he nodded. "Those don't exactly have the best reputation. But then, there is no one species of Pokémon where every last one of them act a certain way," he added fairly. "Just look at Stunfisk- they have a reputation as mischievous and cruel pranksters, and some of the Stunfisk I've seen are definitely like that. Then you have Keith's Stunfisk, Rubeus- a very well-mannered gentleman who specializes in healing moves. I see no reason why your evolution would mean anything bad for your teammates," he grinned.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:39 PM   #80
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"I thought we had it as well, to be honest," Ami admitted. "I don't know if it the difference in base moves or whatever, but your Acid Downpour was far more impressive- and, well... pretty horrifying..." She looked at the pokeball in her hand proudly. "Well, let's get these guys healed up, shall we?"

'He does realize dat we pumpkasaur are just bulbasaurs who traded deir ability to evolve fer explosive gardenin' skills, right?' Butternut shook his head. 'Anyway, dat's an awful lot o' pokemon, right?'

'Ramalam...' Elen shimmered back into view, having deliberately broken his Camouflage. 'Eman eht ni yllaretil si "dab"! Deifirret s'enoyreve rednow on!'

Old 07-29-2017, 07:01 PM   #81
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Yeah, Acid Downpour definitely looks like something you don't wanna be on the business end of," Keith nodded. "Though that Savage Spin-Out was no joke, either," he added. "To be honest, though, the Poisonium Z isn't the only Z-Crystal I'd like to get my hands on," he added. "Poison might be my specialty, but I also have kind of an affinity for Fire-types. It'll happen, growing up in Lavaridge Town, within easy walking distance of a volcano, y'know? So yeah, if I can get my hands on the Fire-type Z-Crystal, I most certainly will." He nodded as Ami suggested they get the Pokémon healed up. "Sounds like a plan," he agreed.

"Keith don't see it that way," Dennis said in response to Butternut's rather negative view of his own species. "I mean, he knows you can't evolve and all that, but as far as he's concerned, Pumpkasaur is a new species of Poison-type, different enough from Bulbasaur to warrant being known as its own separate species. And discovering new Poison-types is always something that interests Keith." He nodded at Butternut's question. "Oh, yeah," he said. "I got a lot of teammates, and a lot of them are Poison-types."

"Well, like I say, not all Malamar are bad," Chuck said fairly. "Just enough of them have been for them to get that sort of reputation. There are good ones out there, and I have no doubt you'll become one of the good ones," he grinned.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #82
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami lead the way to the healing machine (which was tucked away around the corner from the PC) and placed Bell's pokeball in one of the nodes. "I hadn't thought of getting any more Z-Crystals, to be honest. I don't think I have any real affinity, but... maybe it's just hiding at the moment, you know?"

'Oh, we missed dah end of dah match!'
Butternut looked out through the safety rails, then sighed. 'And dere's no sign o' who won an' who lost...'

'Uoy knaht, ho!' Elen smiled a bit, though it was a bit hard to tell through his beak. 'Rehtie yrt I litnu wonk t'now I tub, snoitatcepxe ruoy ot pu evil nac I fi erus ton m'I!'

Old 07-29-2017, 10:34 PM   #83
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith withdrew Anion as he followed Ami to the healing machine, placing the Minun's Fast Ball into said machine. "Could be," he shrugged. "But hey, there's no real rush. If you have a certain type you seem to do best with, you'll figure it out. And even if you don't not everybody needs to specialize in one type," he added fairly. "I mean, I specialize in Poison-types and I still raise Pokémon of all types. I mean, I like to teach them all Poison moves, of course, but even still," he chuckled.

"Yeah, true," Dennis remarked. "And it looked like it could go either way. I never actually seen Anion battle before today, to be honest- she was doing pretty good."

"You're quite welcome," Chuck smiled, his smile being much more noticeable. "And I wouldn't worry about it too much- you're obviously good-natured as it is. Evolution will change how you look, maybe make you stronger, but one thing it can't change is your personality- that's entirely up to you," he grinned. "One of my teammates, as an Axew, was always cheerful, smiling, and loved to hug Keith. And now that he's a full-grown Haxorus... he really hasn't changed a bit," he chuckled.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #84
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Maybe you're right." Ami pressed a button on the machine, causing the familiar Dind Ding Ding-a-Ling to play. "I'm just don't know where I'm from, exactly, so I can't use that to try and figure out what I might have a connection with, either." She picked Bell's pokeball up and released her partner again, who quickly crawled onto her shoulder with a relieved look on his face. "Enough about that! Could you possible give us a few pointers?"

'An' 'Piderboy looked like he was havin' a rough time of it,'
Butternut remarked. 'He probably would've won if he didn' freeze up so much!'

'Nogard yracs, gin a morf sguh?' The inkay deemed to a bit contemplative about this. 'Efas oot mees yllaer t'nseod taht... Thgir ,sgniht gniyortsed t'nsi eh tsael ta?

Old 07-30-2017, 11:47 AM   #85
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Well, even so, you'll figure it out as you go along," Keith said fairly. "I probably wouldn't have expected to have half the Pokémon I have right now." As he spoke, he took the Fast Ball off the machine, and sent Anion back out onto his shoulder. "I mean, last time I went into the Adoption Center, I was so tired I think I might've walked in by accident, y'know? I hadn't been getting a lot of sleep because of nightmares. Then this Munna comes up to me, offers her help. Next thing I knew, she helped me go to sleep by puffing a little Dream Mist into my face, and she ate my nightmares while I slept so I could actually get some peaceful sleep. I woke up feeling all refreshed, and I ended up adopting the Munna. Never considered owning one before, but Selia's pretty nice," he smiled.

"Mai maiii!" Anion nodded her agreement.

Ami then asked if Keith could give her and Bell some pointers. "Well, sure," he agreed. "It's always a good idea to teach your Pokémon as many different kinds of moves as you can-give them options for all sorts of different situations, y'know? Besides Bell and the Woobat you mentioned, what other Pokémon do you have? It'd be worth your while to teach them Bug-type moves so they can use Savage Spin-Out as well. That's exactly why I taught Anion here Gunk Shot, in fact. Eon, the Eevee I mentioned, is actually in the process of learning Flamethrower, too."

"True," Dennis agreed. "I get the feeling a big part of Anion's strategy will end up being paralyzing opponents. That move you saw her use, Nuzzle, that's guaranteed to paralyze the opponent. Like a Thunder Wave that actually does damage."

"It's actually pretty safe, he's quite careful," said Chuck. "It didn't take him very long to get used to the larger form of a Haxorus, even though he evolved to that form straight from Axew- he didn't stay a Fraxure for more than two seconds."
Old 07-30-2017, 11:00 PM   #86
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Hmm, that's far nicer than my mishap at the Adoption Center," Ami observed. "I had a seedot rob me of both my wallet and a fancy pokeball and practically adopt herself... It wasn't my brightet moment, to say the least." Bell shook his head, confirming his own shame regarding the situation. "Glimmer's my only other pokemon, though she has proven herself already, so I really can't complain too much!"

She listened as Keith explained that she should probably teach a wider variety of moves to her pokemon, nodding every once and a while. She did occasionally find herself at a loss for options, and her time in Bedlam did a particularly effective job of showing that to her. "That does make sense, but... it's probably not that great an idea for me to rush it, I guess. I could use the 'natural move' discount, though I'm a bit lacking in that regard as things currently are..."

'Strategy, huh?' Butternut thought for a brief moment. 'Makes me wonder what 'Piderboy's weird Infestation attack's supposed to do for'em...'

'Sdnoces owt?! Lla ta gnol yrev ton s'taht!' Elen seemed to be pretty confounded by this revelation. 'Leef neve taht dluow woh?'

Old 07-31-2017, 12:47 AM   #87
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Wow," Keith remarked. "Grandma Masters always told me, 'Sometimes the Trainer chooses the Pokémon, and sometimes the Pokémon chooses the Trainer.' Anion dug the Fast Ball out of my backpack herself when I adopted her, but yeah, swiping my wallet to pay for her own adoption, that's a new one on me." He then gave his advice, to which Ami responded. "Oh, absolutely, no need to rush it," Keith agreed. "And yeah- even with just sticking to those, you'd be surprised at what you can teach your Pokémon. Definitely worthwhile to look up details on old, outdated ways of teaching moves. It's how I found out that one of the first known Move Tutors was actually able to teach Flamethrower to Tentacruel. My own Tentacruel's known Flamethrower since even before they changed the laws to allow Move Tutors to teach non-standard moves."

"Infestation, I know about that move," nodded Dennis. "It keeps causin' damage over time, and while it's in effect, it doesn't let the target run away or go back in its ball. I know a move called Bind what does the same thing. Moves like them are good to use with Leech Seed- callin' back an affected Pokémon gets rid of the Leech Seed, so this prevents that, and lets the damage just keep pilin' on."

"I actually asked Norbert how it felt," Chuck responded. "He told me it felt very weird, though mostly he felt an adrenaline rush, considering he was in the middle of a big battle at the time. Once that wore off, he'd already started to get used to his larger form."
Old 07-31-2017, 10:28 PM   #88
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"What's with multi-legged sea creatures and learning Flamethrower..." She shook her head, forcing herself to focus on the more important details. "Yeah, I've done some digging on my own already, and... there's nothing on file for Bell and the only odd thing seedots have listed is Self-Destruct... which is weaker than one of the moves they learn naturally, anyway." She sighed. "I guess I could teach something to Nadie..."

'Huh, dat's neat.' Butternut thought for a moment. 'But 'Piderboy doesn't seem dah type to learn Leech Seed. Maybe he could 'ave some other trick in dat bubble...?'

'Ti s'taht?' The Revolving Pokemon certainly wasn't revolving his look of disappointment. 'Nosaer emos rof, erom elttil a detcepxe I. Os ,lla ta devlove t'nevah I, niaga neht...'

Old 08-01-2017, 01:06 AM   #89
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Nadie- that's your Woobat, right?" Keith asked. "Oh, Woobat and Swoobat get a pretty decent assortment of attacks. My Swoobat's got moves like Charge Beam, Synchronoise, Psycho Shift, Stored Power, stuff like that. What's Nadie's Ability, by the way?" he asked. "Luna- my Swoobat- she has Simple, so if she uses a move like Calm Mind, she gets twice the boosts from it. Works really well with Stored Power."

"Yeah, true, it's pretty much just us Grass-types that get Leech Seed," nodded Dennis. "Though it's a strategy you could keep in mind for yourself if you want. Though another move that'd work well with stuff like Infestation? Toxic. And just about everything is able to learn it, too, so I'd say it's a safe bet that Dewpider are able to learn the move."

"I know what you mean," nodded Chuck. "I expected him to describe something more drastic, I suppose, when I first asked him. Though when you get right down to it, evolution doesn't feel all that weird. A little weird, certainly, though not as drastically so as one who's never evolved might think. The bigger adjustment is having to get used to a different form. When I evolved from Gastly, I had to get used to the fact that I no longer was made up of poison gas I could shape as I pleased. I could no longer eavesdrop on conversations by making my ear float off towards whoever I wanted to listen in on. Though as a Haunter, my hands weren't physically attached, which was rather cool," he grinned. "Definitely took me a while to get used to having arms again, but since I started out as a Machop, it wasn't quite that weird of an adjustment."
Old 08-01-2017, 08:10 PM   #90
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Yep, he's my little bat child. He also has Simple as his Ability," Ami was visibly taking mental notes. "It used to be Unaware before the Mass Awakening, though. And boy did he act the part- I thought he wasn't going to notice that he was even adopted at first!" She cleared her throat, returning to the main discussion point. "I had been thinking about teaching him Stored Power already, though he doesn't have any way to make use of his Simple Ability yet. Believe me, I know all too well how much of a liability it can be if you can't make use of it yourself."

'Toxic, huh? Sounds like somethin' right up you guys' alley!' Butternut chuckled a bit. 'An' maybe mine, dependin' on how strong it is. Toxic's better dan my poison powder, right?'

'Ydob ruoy morf etarapes sbmil... Gniht yhsals eht od I nehw emosewa eb dluow taht!' Elen playfully swiped at Chuck, easily phasing through the gengar- he evidently didn't know how to use Slash yet, and the attack would have had no effect even if he did. 'Ehe, ot woh erugif I ecno.'

Old 08-01-2017, 10:15 PM   #91
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"It was actually the same with Luna," Keith chuckled. "She had Unaware to start out with. She didn't act the part, though," he added. "Luna's actually more aware than most. Very perceptive, even by Psychic-type standards. But yeah, I had a lot of Pokémon affected by that myself. Besides Luna... my Crobat's Inner Focus was replaced by Infiltrator... my Toxicroak's Dry Skin was replaced with Poison Touch... my Ivysaur's Overgrow was replaced with Chlorophyll... my Scolipede's Swarm was replaced with Speed Boost... one of my Banette lost Insomnia in place of Cursed Body... my Ariados's Swarm was replaced by Sniper... my Amoonguss's Effect Spore was replaced by Regenerator... my Nidoking's Poison Point was replaced by Sheer Force... my Feraligatr's Torrent was also replaced by Sheer Force... my Roserade's Poison Point was replaced by Technician... my Dragalge's Poison Touch was replaced by Adaptability... I think that's all of 'em," Keith nodded. "Oh, and Chuck- he used to have Levitate, but now he's got Cursed Body, but I don't think that's the same thing." He shrugged, then remembered something. "Oh, yeah- Ami, do you still want to meet the Pokémon I got on Springtide Isle?" he asked. "I can get her out of the PC if you want."

"Oh, definitely," Dennis nodded. "Poison something with Toxic, and the damage'll build up faster and faster as time goes on, getting more and more intense. You don't get that with Poison Powder. Definitely recommend learning Toxic," he stated.

Chuck... well, chuckled, as Elenchos took a playful swipe at him. Even if the Inkay could properly use Slash, the move would have had no effect whatsoever on the Gengar. "It'd definitely be awesome for a move like Slash," Chuck agreed. "It was a big help with me for moves like Thunder Punch. I do kinda miss having disembodied hands, but I can just fly right into an opponent's face to attack," he grinned, proving his point by floating around the room. "Considering Machop can't do that at all, I really can't complain."
Old 08-02-2017, 07:17 AM   #92
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Woah, that really is a lot..." Ami couldn't quite keep up with Keith's list of pokemon affected by the Mass Awakening, partially because there were a good few she couldn't remember hearing of on it. Before she could contemplate what exactly a scolipede was , however, he had brought a previous conversation point back up. "Oh, I almost forgot about that! Please do!" Bell chittered his agreement from his trainer's shoulder with a nod.

'Ohohoho! Now dat is a plan I can get behin'!'
Buternut quickly looked all around him. 'An' it doesn' seem like dat squid has overheard it!'

'Sloof dednuorg roop, sala!' Elen flew around in a small circle, despite not really needing to prove that he could. 'Uoy tih tahw wonk yldrah uoy!'

Old 08-02-2017, 12:15 PM   #93
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith smiled, and led the way over to the PC previously pointed out to him. Before long, he returned with a Poison Ball in hand. "Here she is," he said to Ami, before throwing the Poison Ball in the air. "Come on out, Aster!" he exclaimed.

The Poison Ball split open, and in a flash of light, an unusually pink Mareanie materialized on Keith's shoulder- the one usually occupied by Meowth, and not the one on which Anion was seated. A swirl of blue stars flew around the Shiny Mareanie for the briefest moment as she shyly looked over at Ami from behind her tentacles. "M-Mareanie..." she murmured, by way of a shy greeting.

"Aster, this is Ami," Keith said. "Ami, this is Aster, my Shiny Mareanie."

"I take it you're not exactly good friends with that squid?" asked Dennis.

"Indeed," Chuck nodded. "Of course, when I Mega Evolve, I end up sinking into the ground a little bit, but I can put up with that, consideing what else I'm able to do," he grinned, proving his point by descending into the floor and merging with the shadows. Elenchos's shadow then began to act in ways that did not reflect what Elenchos himself was doing, up to and including changing its shape, mainly by flipping upside down. He had turned the shadow into a remarkably accurate depiction of a Malamar for a moment. And then, the Inkay's shadow returned to normal, and Chuck rose back up out of the floor, grinning as usual.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:14 PM   #94
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"You hatched a shiny?!" Ami may have been growing used to sparkles accompanying a pokemon's release from their pokeball thanks to her own shiner, but it was still a surprise to see another pokemon have them. Especially since this one had blue one's rather than Glimmer's yellow. She took a moment to regain her composure. "Sorry about that. It's nice to meet you, Aster!" She briefly moved to hold out her hand, but quickly thought against it. This little girl was quite spiky, and given her trainer's reputation, possibly venomous as well.

'Hello, Aster!' Bell waved at her. 'My name's Bell. Nice to meet you!'

'Not at all! His "speech" is annoyin', an' he would run away from me for months! An' when I finally got 'em to take me seriously, he trounced me!' Butternut groaned at the memory. 'What kind of creature moves faster when bound by silk, anyway?!'

'Evlove Ag-?' Elen's question was cut short by a gasp of surprise at the sight of his shadow doing its own thing. He started to clap his larger tentacles when Chuck's display eneded and he rose up from the ground. 'Gnizama s'taht, haow!'

Old 08-02-2017, 07:28 PM   #95
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith chuckled at Ami's enthusiasm at Aster being a Shiny. She quickly calmed herself down, and though she seemed about ready to offer her hand, she seemed to think better of it almost immediately. "Oh, don't worry, Aster's very careful to not hurt others with her spikes," Keith assured Ami. "In fact, Aster, how about a hug?" he added.

"Reanie~" Aster happily replied, hugging her Trainer with several spiky tentacles. Taking great care, Keith hoped Ami would notice, to point the spikes away from her Trainer's body. Keith even hugged Aster back. He had to be careful how he maneuvered his arms, but he was able to avoid the spikes as well.

"Not quite as simple as holding a Qwilfish in one hand, but not difficult to learn at all," Keith grinned.

Once the hug had ended, Aster shyly waved a tentacle in response to Bell's wave. "N-nice to m-meet you too, Bell," she replied.

Dennis nodded, recalling what little bit of dialogue he'd heard from the Inkay. At least, he was pretty sure it was dialogue- he couldn't make heads or tails of what the Inkay had been saying. He tilted his head somewhat as Butternut suggested that his String Shot somehow served to speed up the Inkay. "Faster?" he repeated. "I actually heard of an Ability that could make that happen, and I think it's one that Inkay can get, too- Contrary. Something happens that would lower its stats, they get raised instead. Use Growl, they get more powerful. Use Tail Whip, they can take hits even better. And yeah, use String Shot, they speed up. Works the other way around, though, too- do something that'd normally raise their stats, and they get lowered instead."

"Thank you, thank you," Chuck grinned in response to Elenchos's enthusiastic applause. "It's something Gengar are naturally skilled at, manipulating the shadows. Being on the ground isn't so bad when I'm able to do that."
Old 08-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #96
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Oh, wow!" To say that the locals were impressed by the amount of skill that went into the hug would be a bit of an understatement. "You really do know our stuff! Wait, did just call holding a qwilfish simple?"

'That was pretty impressive!'
Bell complemented the mareanie. 'You seem to be pretty aware of yourself! That's pretty good, I believe.'

Butternut's jaw dropped a bit as Dennis described the problem. 'Okay, but da String Shot thing just don' make sense. One second, dere was a squid in fron' of me, da next dere was a ball of silk tryin' to peck my face off!' He took a moment to calm down. 'Everythin's backwards for 'em, huh? What normally raises someone else's abilities? ...Swagger?'

'Ti od yletinifed dluow taht!' Elen paused for a second, reflecting on Chuck's performance again. 'Ramalam a tem uoy evah, yas?'

Old 08-03-2017, 09:35 PM   #97
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Heh, yeah, I guess I did," Keith chuckled. "Well, I've owned one for about twelve years now, so I guess it comes pretty easily to me by this point. Though it really isn't too hard to position your hand to avoid the spikes if you know what you're doing," he added fairly.

"Y-yeah," nodded Aster in response to Bell's words. "I... I tried hugging Meowth as soon as I hatched, but I almost st-strangled him instead. K-Keith helped me learn how to do it right," she added, smiling at the Trainer who was holding her.

Dennis nodded in agreement- Contrary certainly made no sense. He nodded again at the Pumpkasaur's question. "Swagger would do it," he nodded. "Do you know that move?"

"Sort of," Chuck responded. "I've met spirits of deceased Malamar in the spirit world more than a few times. Some were nice, some were evil. No two were alike."
Old 08-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #98
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"I'd probably be too worried to try, honestly..." Ami admitted. "Well, I'm sure that skills come in handy for you many times by now!"

'Oh. Not a good first impression, huh?' Bell thought for a moment. 'I don't think I did anything significant when I hatched. Sorta just swam around with my mother here.'

'...No.' Butternut sighed. 'Definitely gonna try to now, though.'

'Ereht revo saw tirips a tahw llet nac uoy os?'
A sudden thought came to the Revolving Pokemon. 'Ha! Em ekil kaeps meht fo yna did?'

Old 08-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #99
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Oh, definitely," Keith nodded. "Honestly, there's a lot to appreciate about Poison-types if you can get past the spikes and the smells. Skuntank, for example- not the most pleasant-smelling Pokémon, but I've yet to see any kind of Pokémon with softer, fluffier fur than what a Skuntank's got. And Koffing and Weezing are just as fiercely loyal as any Growlithe or Arcanine, if not more."

"Th-that's cool," Aster murmured. "I... I can swim, too... I'd love to swim with Keith, b-but he doesn't know how to swim."

"Yeah, I don't know Swagger, either," replied Dennis. "Definitely a move I'm considering learning, though."

Chuck nodded. "They show up looking the way they looked in life while in the spirit world," he explained. "And yes, in fact, some of them did talk like you do, and they're the reason I've had no trouble understanding you thus far," he grinned.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:47 PM   #100
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

(OOC: That's certainly an unusual take on things. Stuntank looks like it would pretty coarse to me...)

Ami listened as Keith explained the virtues of Poison pokemon. She had no idea what a stuntank was, sure, but anything with 'tank' in its name certainly didn't conjure up the concepts of 'soft' or 'fluffy'. "I'll take your word for it..." she stated, her doubt underlining her words. "I''ll probably seek your help if I ever picked one up, seeing as they look like quite the varied bunch!"

'Oh.' Bell blinked, trying to organize his thoughts. 'I don't think we could teach him, either. We all have different body types...'

'I see.'
Butternut sighed. 'I don' think dere's much else in dat regard, huh?'

'Yllaer?! Sey, eheh!' Elen quickly flew a lap around the gengar, laughing. 'Ton ro eno ylno eht saw I fi erus t'nsaw I os, ramalam ro yakni rehto yna tem t'nevah I.'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases