UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Making Money

What's an easy way to make money? E4 is ok but it's really long and the money isn't really worth the long 6-pokemon battles. Is there a rich trainer somewhere I missed that I can just beat up repeatedly? There is one that gives 3k west of the training area (6k with coin) but is there any higher then that? That guy is easy cause he only has 2 pokemon.

Buying lots and lots of EV items (carbos etc) really kicks my wallets ass so that's why I'm wondering.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Re: Making Money

Step 1: Import Rayquaza with Outrage, plus Kyogre/Groudon as a backup legendary
Step 2: Attach Amulet Coin to Rayquaza
Step 3: RAPE E4, MASSIVE FUCKING GILS

Turn animations off too. I figure the time to beat one E4 trainer would be about the same amount of time, if not faster to fight that trainer, run around like a retard to recharge your Vs. Seeker, and repeat anyway from a money/time perspective.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise
Step 1: Import Rayquaza with Outrage, plus Kyogre/Groudon as a backup legendary
Step 2: Attach Amulet Coin to Rayquaza
Step 3: RAPE E4, MASSIVE FUCKING GILS

Turn animations off too. I figure the time to beat one E4 trainer would be about the same amount of time, if not faster to fight that trainer, run around like a retard to recharge your Vs. Seeker, and repeat anyway from a money/time perspective.
You don't listen, do you? He says, "Can anybody recommend a better way than fighting the E4?" And you take all that time to write what amounts to a big, fat "No. " So why didn't you just say that? :x

Your method is good for gaining money alone (at close to $60,000 per E4 tournament), but it takes half an hour even with animations disabled. And once you start, you can't stop. Finally, the effort points vary. If Kuno could find a trainer (or two) who offer a lot of money, that might strictly be a better deal than what you're proposing. He may lose a little time (40 minutes instead of 28, let's say, to get the same amount of cash), but he gains the benefit of fighting for the same effort over and over and over. Which (may) mean it's superior to fighting the E4.

As for my vote, Kuno ......... "No. "
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #4
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
You don't listen, do you? He says, "Can anybody recommend a better way than fighting the E4?" And you take all that time to write what amounts to a big, fat "No. " So why didn't you just say that? :x
I was justifying my assertion that, if you have the Pokemon for it, beating the E4 over and over is probably the best money/time ratio in D/P. A level 70ish Rayquaza with the backup of another high level Pokemon or two will one-shot everything the Elite Four + Cynthia can throw at you.

Quote:
Your method is good for gaining money alone (at close to $60,000 per E4 tournament), but it takes half an hour even with animations disabled.
~80k, actually. Each Elite Four is worth 14-15k with an Amulet Coin, Cynthia herself is a massive 26k. And it takes me around 20ish minutes or so.

Quote:
And once you start, you can't stop.
If you're grinding shitloads of money, this isn't really a big issue. Especially if you're buying vitamins in bulk.

Quote:
Finally, the effort points vary. If Kuno could find a trainer (or two) who offer a lot of money, that might strictly be a better deal than what you're proposing. He may lose a little time (40 minutes instead of 28, let's say, to get the same amount of cash), but he gains the benefit of fighting for the same effort over and over and over. Which (may) mean it's superior to fighting the E4.
Possible, but highly doubtful. The trainers you would EV train on tend to be low-level trainers, which means the money you'd make is pretty awful.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
Lady Kuno

I do have a Rayquaza but I dunno if I want to just toss the EV on random E4 battles. '~'

I do have a few 68-70s but it takes a while to because the strong moves run out of PP fast then the fights start getting slow. That's why I kind of want to stay away from the E4. It's too bad luck incense and amulet coin don't stack together. I was just wondering if theres a random rich trainer somewhere like there are in old games I can beat for some quick cash.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm telling you, if you have time for all this biking and fighting, LINOONE, MAN. I got my first Earthquake TM yesterday and I've got 8 PP Ups in my bag right now ... after having used 5. (Maxed out Staraptor's Close Combat to 8 pp, gave one to Torterra's Earthquake, gave the last to Mismagius' Shadow Ball) Your point is absolutely correct about good moves' PP running out fast, but I think you should have at least 5 in-game PP Ups, right? Use them, without hesitation, if you're confident you'll get them back with a Picker Upper.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #7
Lady Kuno

My Linoone is only 57 and doesn't get anything good ever. I've kept it on my team the last few days while EV training and I havn't see anything that good yet.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #8
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

L57 Linoone is WEAK! It's only good item is TM Rest. It it were levels 1-20, at least you could pick up Nuggets, which I find more useful then some of the stuff from L21-50 >>

All the best stuff comes from L81+ where you can start getting Leftovers and TM Focus Punch. At 91+ you get EQ and Leftovers. Obviously you also get the nice evo-stones and Max Revives and Full Restores, etc.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #9

Make use of the Emerald Cloning Glitch. They put it there for a reason.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:39 AM   #10
Lady Kuno

I don't have emerald. :p

Anyway I kind of found the answer on my own so I'm posting it here to solve the money woes of anyone who might have some.

There are two old trainers near the Pokemon mansion. For some reason each time you vs them they lvl their pokemon up a bit and give more money. After around 2 rematches they both end up giving a whopping 16,000 money with an amulet coin. This is amazing because I just ride up and down and with 2 trainers right next to each other both giving that amount, after about 20 minutes I had a ton of cash. Also, its important to note they both have 1 pokemon, who caps at level 40 making them really fast to beat and rematch. I recommend this to anyone who is broke because after an hour doing this you won't have any more money troubles.

Also odd to note that their pokemon levels up. I thought I was seeing things because I really remember seeing one of their pokes at level 30 and then after that it stayed at 40. I never saw any other trainers level their guys up as I faught them more. Oh well.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #11
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor
After around 2 rematches they both end up giving a whopping 16,000 money with an amulet coin. [...] Also, its important to note they both have 1 pokemon, who caps at level 40
Wow. So what you're saying is, you KO two Pokemon in 5 minutes and find yourself with 32,000. Sounds pretty sweet. How long does it take for them to recharge, i.e. so you can fight them again? Just as long as it takes to charge up the Trainer Finder thing? Or does it take a long time like it did in RSE?

By the way, creatures have leveled up (minimum) since RuSa. I want to say "since GSC and you just have a bad memory," but it could be me who's remembering wrong. What happens is, when you first bulldoze through the game, people's creatures are usually Level 20s and 30s, and then you find yourself at the Level 50s Elite 4. (In this game, there was a much better design, and trainers cover the whole gamut, all the way up through the 50s.) But anyway, when you beat the Elite 4 and go back to fight them, many of their creatures have leveled up a little tiny bit, many trainers' main creature has evolved, and many trainers have gained more monsters.

A great example of this is the bug trainer directly west of Lilycove in RSE. First time you fight him, he has Cascoon, Silcoon, and Surskit. Second time you fight him, he has Dustox, Beautifly, and Surkskit. Third time, Dustox, Beautifly, Surskit, and Surskit. Fourth+ times, he has Dustox, Beautifly, Surskit, Surskit, and Masquerain. Furthermore, the levels for Dustox, Beautifly, and Surskit-turned-Masquerain all rise slightly.

Another great example is the joggers near the daycare in RuSaEm. At first, they have Level ?? Doduo. By the time you're finished with them, they cap out at Level 37 Dodrio.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #12
Lady Kuno

I meant to say "all the trainers in this game havn't leveled up". Ive been doign alot of EV training on trainers and just refighting random ones and I havnt seen any level up just yet.

And anyway, all it takes is to recharge the vs seeker. Sometimes it wont recharge them and you have to run again but that doesn't take long at all. They both have 1 pokemon and one use of the vs seeker can recharge both of them in one shot. Really fast and really awesome.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #13
deoxys
Fog Badge

The rich couple outside of the mansion gates below Hearthome City (not inside the mansion gates, outside). One is a socialite and the other...I forgot. Anyhow, charge up your VSRadar---or whatever it's called---and battle them. You might want to use amulet coin (not needed, however). When beaten, they give a hefty amount of money. The best part is, right after the battle, charge up, and you can battle again. Make sure you battle both at the same time though, otherwise you won't get as much money.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #14
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You're a WEEK late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headmaster Kuno, just a couple posts above you
There are two old trainers near the Pokemon mansion.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:54 AM   #15
deoxys
Fog Badge

yeah, cus, you know, I read shit.

No, I'm lazy.

Oh well, at least I tried @_@

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON