UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 10-01-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
ShuckTsubo
Boulder Badge

UPN PASBL: ChrisClark13 Vs. Mane

Welcome everyone! I don't know either of you very well, so let's just get this started!

ChrisClark13(C) vs Mane(A)
3-on-3
Single Battle
Equiall 1
72 HR DQ
Slapstick Rules
Return = OK
Arena: Playground
Spoiler: show
Playground: Battles here take part within a large, school Playground. The main battle will take place within the center of the park. The ground below is lawn, the grass kept cut short. Rocks can be easily summoned from underground for use in attacks like Stealth Rock, and attacks such as Earthquake will transmit readily. Surrounding the area will be numerous pieces of Playground equipment, ranging from swings to slides. These can be uprooted by Pokemon of sufficient strength, but this will be no easy task. Within reason, if one of the batters mentions positioning of an object, the battler is considered to be correct unless it contradicts a previous statement. There is a strange atmosphere permeating the entire arena, which will cause baby Pokemon to fight more enthusiastically. This arena is outdoors only.

Here are some useful links!

Glossary of all terms is here.

Attack Description are here.

Species Characteristics for Pokémon are here.

Ghost Pokémon work very weirdly in the ASB. You can find information on them here.

The move descriptions may not be entirely up to date. Try searching this thread to make sure you're using the right move description.

Moves that are in-game due to errors are allowed in the ASB. See this thread for the full link.

And finally, this thread has all the new and updated species characteristics.

Okay, so here's how this will go down. Chris will post his squad of six Pokémon, then Mane will post his squad and send out his first Pokémon. Chris will then send out his Pokémon with orders, and Mane will then order. I will ref, the ordering order will reverse, and it will go on from there. Let's get this started!

I'm a D grade ref. Please feel free to contest my reffings if you think I did something wrong.
ShuckTsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Level+ 2 Pikachu Male
Level 1 Female Ralts
Curtis, Level 1 Male Houndour
Jojo, Level 1 Male Riolu
Level 1 Male Zubat
Level 1 Male Mudkip

Here's my squad
Old 10-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #3
Mane
Cascade Badge

Dawn: Level 1 Female Totodile
Sokka: Level 1 Male Elekid
Critchton: Level 1 Male Tyrunt
Negonvalis: Level 1 Female Zorua
Morinaga: Level 2 Female Sylveon (uplevel)
Clint Westfeather: Level 1 Male Rufflet

Go, Critchton!
Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #4
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Go Jojo!

Close the distance with a Rock Smash and follow up with a Power-Up Punch!

Calling it that Mane switches out to Sylveon.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
Mane
Cascade Badge

Charge him with Zen Headbutt and try to knock him in the air! If he gets close after that try to poison fang his shoulder. Otherwise, Dragon Pulse.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
ShuckTsubo
Boulder Badge

Round One

Two trainers face off in a setting that is strangely juxtaposed with the reasons that they have come here today. A nice, friendly playground lies around them, while the trainers stare at each other with a ferocious intensity. Or perhaps they’re just here to battle for fun, and the playground is a perfect setting. Either way, a battle is about to begin. Both trainers throw their Pokéballs into the middle of the playground. A Pokédex appears from somewhere and identifies them.

Spoiler: show
Tyrunt (Rock/Dragon): Tyrunt have powerful jaws, giving a 10% boost to all biting attacks. They are also rather temperamental, making them more vulnerable to rage-inducing moves, but they will have a greater attack boost as a result. Being fossils, their Ancient Power attack will boost slightly more often.
[Rock]: Rock-type Pokémon generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to physical hits and projectiles. They are also resistant to XX attacks. This defensive ability extends to their moves, making defensive attacks like Protect and Harden cost less energy. They are difficult to burn or poison and prefer hot environments to cold ones. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. They are adept at controlling rocks and will use less energy than other Pokémon when using Rock Tomb, Stealth Rock etc. to manipulate the arena.
[Dragon]: Dragon-types tend to be strong swimmers and fliers, though they are not always as agile as other Pokémon. They fight more enthusiastically in warm climates but are less enthusiastic in colder ones. They radiate warmth from their core, and are slightly more resistant to chilling effects than other Pokémon. They are naturally very powerful Pokémon and their Dragon type attacks will have a stronger knockback than normal, but will deal no extra damage because of this.

Riolu (Fighting): Riolu have an underdeveloped ability to sense aura. This gives them a vague idea of the opponent's whereabouts, making them more likely to hit a foe when unable to see it. All baby Pokémon's techniques that are based on cuteness (such as Charm, Attract, Sweet Kiss, etc) are slightly more effective.
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, giving them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allowing them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and more adept at blocking and countering physical attacks, able to do this against most physical assaults. Being physically powerful, they can lift much more than normal Pokémon, though this does not grant them an attack boost. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.

The match begins, both Pokémon appearing in flashes of white light. On one side, we have Jojo, a small blue humanoid who raises his fists upon seeing his opponent. On the other end of the field, we have Critchton, a similarly-sized ancient dinosaur. The two square off for a few moments, then get right to it. Jojo begins racing towards Critchton, his hand held high in the air. While no energy surrounds it, it looks like he’s getting ready to deliver a special technique. Critchton sees his opponent approaching, and immediately becomes angry. Rather than standing idly by, he lowers his head, coats it in a pinkish energy, and begins to charge. The two Pokémon rush towards each other at incredible speeds. This match has quickly become a dangerous game of chicken. Neither Pokémon lets up, and they draw closer and closer. As Jojo comes within range of his enemy, he punches with incredible force. His fist strikes Critchton's head, and both Pokémon go flying. After a few moments, both stagger to their feet. Critchton has a nasty wound on his hard head, while Jojo nurses his arm, still wincing from the barrage of psychic energy that flew through it. It looks like both Pokémon got more than they bargained for.

Jojo recovers slightly faster than Critchton, and begins charging his other fist with orange energy. The distance between the two Pokémon is less now than it was before, so Jojo is able to close the distance between them quickly. His little blue legs carry his light body high into the air. As he falls, Jojo punches Critchton straight in the body, delivering another painful blow. Once his feet hit the ground, he feels a rush of power flowing through him, strengthening his muscles. Critchton glares angrily, and seeing his opponent’s proximity to him, decides to continue the melee fight. Coating his large, sharp teeth with a deadly poison, he leaps straight at Jojo. The poor little fighter is paralyzed with fear at the sight of the massive jaws closing in on him, and is unable to defend himself as the teeth sink into his shoulder. He howls in pain, but it quickly fades as he takes a few steps back. The two Pokémon stare each other down, making their moves carefully, both aware that they are close enough that the other could strike at any moment.

Jojo and Critchton both took fairly large hits this round, but aren’t out of their first thirds yet. Jojo is poison-free, and he’s feeling enthusiastic thanks to the urban appearance of the play structures around him. Critchton has enough Poison energy left for another use of Poison Fang, and more than enough psychic-type energy for another use of Zen Headbutt.

I'm a D grade ref. Please feel free to contest my reffings if you think I did something wrong.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:55 PM   #7
Mane
Cascade Badge

Okay, you're getting pets for this. Good boy, so far!

Try to keep him away. Start with Dragon Pulse, and if he manages to close in try knocking him away with Iron Tail. Otherwise, just fire off Dragon Pulse a second time.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #8
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Jojo! You're doing great and don't forget, you have the type advantage!

Close in with another Power-Up Punch and meet the Iron Tail with a Brick Break straight to the tail!
Old 10-06-2016, 10:05 PM   #9
ShuckTsubo
Boulder Badge

Rounf Two

Sorry for the relative lateness, guys.

Jojo is really feeling the groove of this battle. Hopping lightly on his feet, he suddenly leaps at Critchton, his fist glowing orange. Due to the very short distance between them, the primeval beast in unable to react in time. He takes another blow to the side, staggering a few steps away in the process. At his success, Jojo feels another rush of power flowing into him, and grins cockily. Steadying himself, Critchton prepares to carry out his own orders. Filling his mouth with a turquoise light, he aims his head at Jojo. Growling ferociously, he releases a powerful orb of energy. In the short distance between the two Pokémon, the orb transforms into a rampaging dinosaur, crashing into Jojo and sending him flying. He lands on his feet, though he skids backwards and looks noticeably worse for the wear.

Jojo knows that he has the advantage when fighting at close range, so he makes a plan to close the gap between him and his enemy. Charging forward, he sets his hand in a precise position to maximize the power of his next strike. Critchton suspects that he won’t have time to charge up another Dragon Pulse, so he instead coats his tail in a metallic sheen. It looks like both Pokémon are going for another mutual strike. As Jojo draws near, Crichton rotates his entire body, swinging his tail at high speed. Jojo sees this, and strikes quickly with his hand, aiming for the part of the tail that is moving the fastest. The attacks collide, and a loud ringing noise resonates through the stadium as Critchton's tail is struck. Jojo stands fast, his arm still outstretched, while Critchton is left retreating awkwardly, his tail clearly in pain. However, Jojo hasn’t escaped unscathed either. The force with which he struck Critchton, combined with the increased hardness of his tail, leaves Jojo wincing, perhaps regretting his over-dramatic pose.

Jojo has dropped out of his first third of health, with Critchton is in sight of his final third. Critchton has at least enough Steel energy for another Iron Tail. Jojo’s enjoying a highly-boosted attack stat. Both Pokémon are good to use two-movers next round.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:53 AM   #10
Mane
Cascade Badge

Alright, as predictable as this is I'm switching to Morinaga.

Moonblast x2!
Old 10-08-2016, 07:47 PM   #11
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

Jojo, Double Team and then Dig to avoid the attacks best you can!
Old 10-12-2016, 08:06 PM   #12
ShuckTsubo
Boulder Badge

Round Three

Sorry for the non-relative lateness. I'll do my best to be faster.

Mane sees that the current matchup is a losing battle. A Pokéball is raised high into the air, and Critchton disappears in a flash of red light. Speaking of flashes, Jojo is dashing back and forth at an incredible speed. His feet race across the ground, revealing a swiftness that appears to have been hidden before now. Another Pokéball is thrown high into the air, and a pink doglike creature appears, alighting upon the ground with supernatural grace. She raises her head to look at her opponent, and immediately becomes confused. In front of her are four Jojos, evenly spaced. One of them is real, but Morinaga has no way of telling which one that is. In this moment of confusion, A Pokédex appears to identify the new challenger.
Quote:
Sylveon (Fairy): Members of the Eevee line have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status techniques like Supersonic. Their Baton Pass and Helping Hand attacks take slightly less time and energy to perform compared to other Pokémon. Using a move, Sylveon can exude a calming aura from their ribbons, calming all Pokémon on the field and resetting their mental states. Any techniques that are based on cuteness (such as Charm, Attract, Sweet Kiss, etc) are slightly more effective when used by Sylveon. In addition, when performing XX or NO moves, they may choose to cloak them in an aura of Fairy energy, causing them to become Fairy typed.
[Fairy]: Fairy-types are generally pure hearted and gregarious. They prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically in them, but they will not be off put by urban environments. Any attack used by a Fairy-type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. They are immune to the damaging effects of Dragon-typed energy.
Morinaga shakes her head, clearing her mind and setting her sights on victory in the battle that lies ahead. She extends her ribbons in front of herself, creating a circular shape between them. A light begins to glow in this circle, and rapidly expands to fill what was previously a void. A crystalline ball now floats in front of Morinaga. Looking straight at one of the fighters that faces her, she launches the orb. The choice was random. Morinaga has no technique that could help her identify her real enemy. Despite this, when her attack makes contact, the Pokémon it strikes is launched back, while three other clones vanish into thin air. It appears that the stars (or perhaps the moons?) have favored Morinaga in this encounter. She smiles cutely, while Jojo recovers from the blow and glares menacingly, feeling very vexed by the his opponent.

Jojo is now on his guard. He knows that he faces an opponent who seems to have luck on her side. However, he also knows that luck alone is never enough to win a battle. He takes a defensive stance, waiting for his opponent’s next move. Morinaga, for her part, sees no reason to deviate from her orders. She creates another orb of glistening light in front of her. She sends it flying at Jojo in much the same way she did the first one. However, the blue humanoid is ready this time. As soon as Morinaga released he attack, he immediately began digging a hole. Now, as the orb passes overhead, its light shining through the cracks of the fast-shrinking tunnel he created, Jojo burrows forward, heading towards the place where he knows Morinaga stands. Morinaga looks around in a most confused manner, wondering where her opponent is. Her question is answered all too suddenly as Jojo pops up from beneath her, delivering an uppercut to her jaw. She stumbles back a step, then regains her balance and observes her opponent, who now seems just a bit too close for comfort.

Jojo is now at his last third in terms of health. He has the option to use a one-mover next round. Morinaga’s looking pretty good in terms of both health and energy, and is good for two.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:47 PM   #13
ChrisClark13
Boulder Badge

*shakes fist at the RNG*

Well, time to switch to a fight you shouldn't be able to run away from.

Jojo! Return!

Zubat! Get out there!

Use Mean Look followed by Supersonic!
Old 10-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #14
Mane
Cascade Badge

"Your next move will be to switch to Sylveon!"
"I send out Sylve-NANI!?"

Tasty memes out of the way, use Psyshock to push it away and try to drown out supersonic with Hyper Voice!
Old 10-17-2016, 10:56 PM   #15
ShuckTsubo
Boulder Badge

This is getting a new ref. Sorry guys.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL