UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #26
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Connor followed the other trainers and Pokemon while Gwyn led the way for them. As soon as they reached the top and arrived at the living room, Connor's eyes widened and whistled, "Whew, classy," was all he could say. He then spotted Marion and quickly greeted her, "Ah, Marion! It's been a while! How are you feeling?" he said with a smile as he let out four other Pokeballs. "All right then, time for you guys to come out!" he threw the four balls to reveal a Shuppet, Plusle, Pansage, and a Gligar. Foster looked around and spotted Marion, ~So we're here huh... Ah Marion, so you've recovered now? That's good to know,~ he said to her in Shuppet language. Rhett was wearing a huge smile on his face and waved both of his arms to greet her and Sylvester did the same to both her and Liliana whom he had previously fought before, ~Yo Annie, it's nice to meet ya again! How's it goin'?~ . Jacques was clinging to Connor's leg once again as he glanced around the room. He shuddered and quickly became frightened as he saw the many Ghost-types and even the portraits around him which seemed to eerily eye him. "Nothing's going to hurt you here Jacques, don't worry. We're here to have fun right?" "Gli..." After greeting Marion and everyone else, all of Connor's Pokemon that's present except for Jacques scattered around to enjoy the party.

"Ah, yeah. The past month? Well... I've most been trying to settle down a bit lately. Haven't ventured out that much since Halloween, except for that one time in Talas..." Connor trailed off while he scratched his head, "And let's see... I've also been busy with my photography work lately! Well, I'm not exactly hired by anyone yet but I'm getting there. As for my team, well..." the photographer gestured towards the Lickitung, "As you just saw a while ago, I got myself a Lickitung over there. His name's Waldemar. Apart from him, I've got a Whismur, and a Poliwag, and... oh! Remember the Shadow Lottery last Halloween? Yeah, I kind of won that one and got myself an Elgyem! I couldn't believe my luck on that one!" he grinned. "Apart from that, there's really nothing else going on about me..." he stopped as he turned around and yawned. "Ooh, sorry. Maybe I haven't been sleeping well as I used to but it's nothing you guys should be concerned about." he shrugged. "Anyway, I have to say though Marion, you look good! Kinda wish I dressed up to fit the theme of the place. I'd photograph you right now, but I bet you wouldn't want that would you?"

Waldemar meanwhile went over to the table where all the food were, eyes glistening to the sight of such delicacies and his mouth already watering. ~So many food! Waldemar eat food!~ he said as he started to eat whatever food there was on the table.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #27
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Luvdisc What is love? Baby don't hurt me no more...

After Jessica departed in haste, one of the boys approached Alice and spoke affably, comparing her to his own lovely Kirlia. The little Ralts smiled upon receiving the older sister's soft yellow, and curtsied politely, transmitting a cool green back. However, her color was also accompanied with words, which Hyrem could hear clearly.

Hello, nice to meet you. My name's Alice. And this is Bobble. She pointed to the Wynaut, who was somewhat preoccupied with carrying the presents up the steps but spared an ear-arm to wave. My trainer's name is Jess. What's yours?

Meanwhile, Gwyn was helping Waffle and Blueberry carry the cake up the stairs. Waffle sneaked a glance at his girlfriend over the top of the box, watching her form a fond expression as she appreciated such a kind lad's assistance. As soon as they set the container down on the table – as directed by the blue Frillish named Bedivere – the Drifloon relinquished her resistance and scooped Gwyn up in her cords, cuddling him close. Producing a cookie as if by magic, she offered it and a pat for a job well done.

Once Gwyn had toddled away with his prize, Blue noticed Waffle's pout of jealousy, and put her heart in his hand to reassure him, giving him a peck that sent warm static down his spine. She immediately illustrated that she certainly wasn't interested in dating anyone else, let alone a Liltwick – but rather that she’d love to someday have an adorable child of her own to spoil. Waffle blushed at this prospect, squeezing her strings tight. While he couldn’t reciprocate such desires himself (at least not physically), there was always the option of adoption…

On the other side of the room, Minchi was admiring Marion’s beautiful dress and makeup, approving of the color coordination. Kanna was growing more and more agitated though, as she kept insisting the paintings were alive, but her friend was too distracted to answer the Furret’s fearful tugs. Kanna gulped, feeling eyes following her as she backed up, squeaking in terror as she suddenly encountered something. Fortunately it turned out to only be Kief. He cocked his head at the quivering Kanna, who had immediately curled up into a ball and covered her eyes in panic. Of course, Kief figured, the best way to cheer her up would be to lick her face in one long, slow motion. Kanna moaned as she felt the slobber drip down her cheeks, thinking it ectoplasm at first. But as she gradually removed her paws and saw Kief grinning down at her, she flushed and quickly straightened, flailing wildly as she thanked him for the drool in her embarrassment.

Minchi turned around upon hearing the commotion, and suppressed a laugh as she witnessed poor Kanna’s predicament. Pulling on her pal’s tail, she winked, having come up with a wonderful way out of the situation. Upon Marion’s invitation to explore the house, Minchi dragged Kanna along into the hall without a moment’s wait. Kief bounded after them, eager to scout out entertainment. Of course, unbeknownst to either of the quadrupeds, Minchi had another purpose in mind as well. Seeing Marion’s striking sense of style made her wonder where the master bedroom was. A wardrobe raid was most definitely in order!

Bobble stood back with the bag still in the air, unsure where to place it as he had received no instructions. He looked to Bedivere, but the chef was busy giving his compliments to another, who beamed with pride and praised him on the magnificent spread as well, which Custard was already sampling. The Wynaut shrugged, setting the sack down in a corner of the room before joining his best bud at the feast, soon jostling for dibs on the best dishes.

Of Jessica’s Pokémon, one remained hiding behind the doorway. Kristen stared at the scene with wide, wary eyes. Before her, a boy was speaking to a female Duskull. He then brought out a Poké Ball and released another member of the same kind. The Snorunt’s eyes narrowed upon recognizing Peeves. What was he doing with that woman? She should know, what a wicked man he was. Kris had experienced first-hand his perversion in the heat and passion of battle. He could not be trusted. She would help, by showing just how much love can hurt… (Not to mention the human, how he had looked at the lady outside – she didn’t like it.) Her SPITE seeped out, slowly draining the energy of all within range…

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 12-23-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #28
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
The first Pokemon Laika said hi to was a Lickitung named Waldemar, and the first thing Waldemar asked was if he could lick Laika. "Yeah, sure!" Laika barked happily. "As long as I get to lick you too!" He liked the idea of licking someone just as much as Waldemar probably did. It was an easy way to make friends, and since Laika had being doing it to most everyone he met it was only fair he let someone lick him as well.

Cele had noted that because of the new capabilities of the PC, he was much more willing to get Pokemon, like the three he brought with him. He also saw that Hyrem had some new Pokemon too. "Well, I got Laika and Icarus before the new PC rules came out, but since then, I've also got two Ekans, a Sneasel, a Venipede, a Purrloin, a Turtwig, a Shuppet, and a Taillow! I've actually brought my Sneasel and Shuppet with me too. I'll bring out my Shuppet later, but now's a good time as any to show you my Sneasel! Leila, come on out!" he said as he opened a Premier Ball.

A black, catlike creature with long claws and short, red feathers in her left ear and tail appeared. "Snee~!" she said in the cutest way possible, then turned to Hyrem with cute kitty eyes. "Oh, I know that look," Hyrem chuckled as he scooped Leila up in his arms. "You may want to be careful around her, otherwise she'll have your Pokemon follow her around everywhere!"

Icarus didn't find himself alone for long as a Hoothoot followed him up to the treetop and perched close by. "Hey, nice to see someone else with feathers for wings instead of leather!" he cawed, making an indirect jab towards Sarkhan, though he wasn't out yet, so it didn't matter. "My name's Icarus, what's yours?"

Sera was happy to know that this Ralts also knew how to convey her emotions through colors. She was extremely surprised to find out that Alice could speak into someone's mind! She wasn't as confident in that ability yet even as a Kirlia, and she had only recently started reading minds on a regular basis, yet this Ralts was already a better telepath! "Wha- Very interesting, Alice," Sera nodded, trying not to make her reaction too obvious even though Alice likely already knew of it. "I do not know of many Ralts that could develop their powers so early. Perhaps you are not as young as you look? In any case, to answer your question, my trainer's name is Hyrem, and he likes Pokemon very much." She then waved back towards Bobble, who was carrying presents. "You two seem to be good friends; I can sense the emotions you have toward each other," she said to Alice.

----

Once Hyrem, Sera, Laika, and Leila were led up to the top, they were greeted by Icarus. "What took you guys so long?" he said almost with a sneer. Hyrem didn't need to understand his Skarmory to know what he was saying. "Not everyone can fly everywhere like you can, Icarus," he grumbled to himself. He then saw the door opened by Bedivere, Marion's Frillish. Sera curtsied, as usual, to greet the host. "Hey, Bedivere!" Hyrem greeted the Frillish. "If you've got plenty of food, we'll probably eat it!" he then said, which would probably be to Bedivere's delight.

The inside was decorated in a Victorian/Gothic style, and Marion Ette, the owner of the house, was dressed similarly. "Hey Marion, long time no see!" Hyrem greeted her. She then noticed Icarus perched outside and called out to him. "Ska~ar!" Icarus cawed back happily, flashing his wing as a sort of "thumbs up" gesture. "Oh yeah, he's really cool!" added Hyrem. "He likes flying me around and does cool tricks and everything! Though I think he does that just to get attention, but if so, it's working!" he chuckles, realizing how other trainers have complemented him on his Skarmory.

Once Marion gave her permission to let everyone explore the house, Leila was set down so she could explore too. She and Laika were going to head towards the piles of food when they saw a Furret, a Zigzagoon, and a Mincinno exploring as well. The Furret looked scared from seeing the spooky painting (and who wouldn't be), when the Zigzagoon tried to comfort her with a big, long lick, which was apparently unsettling to the Furret at first, but she eventually saw who it was and became embarrassed. Leila could see the whole thing.

"Aw, you two look so cute together!" Leila said happily. "Oh, I guess I should introduce myself first. I'm Leila, and this is Laika!"

"Hi, hi! Nice to meet you!" barked Laika, seeing these Pokemon would be great to have as friends. Then the Mincinno dragged the Furret towards the bedroom, likely in an effort to play there, while the Zigzagoon followed.

"Hey, wait up! We want to play too!" Leila called out to them.

"Actually, I wanted to eat first," Laika said hesitantly.

"Come on, Laika, it'll be fun! The food'll probably still be here when you get back!"

Laika paused for a moment. Who was he to turn down a fun game? "Okay, let's have fun first! Yay!" barked Laika as he bounded after the Normal-types.

"That's more like you!" Leila said as she followed behind him.

Sera noticed a feeling of anger and figured it might be Minerva, Marion's Banette. However, when she turned around, she saw a Snorunt wearing a beret instead. Why would a Snorunt have so much Spite? She looked into the Ice-type's mind and found the reason for it was the pair of Duskull together. Apparently, having lost to one of the Duskull, she had a terrible dislike for the Skull Pokemon. She flashed a red color of warning to both Duskull's minds, plus a yellow cone to signify the Snorunt in question.

Hyrem, meanwhile, was looking for one certain Pokemon of Marion's. "Hey, I don't see Aislyn anywhere. Do you know where she might be?" he asked Marion. Aislyn was a very good factor in Hyrem becoming friends with Marion in the first place... maybe she hadn't yet realized he was here?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 12-08-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #29
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
OOC: Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Hyrem explain to Cele that he had already gotten those Pokemon before the PC Laws, and then tells him all the Pokemon that he has gotten since the Laws came into place. "Wow, that is a lot of Pokemon." Cele says as Hyrem releases a Sneasel from her Pokeball. The Sneasel gives Hyrem a cute face, and he scoops her up. Hyrem warns Cele that his Sneasel is a seductress, so his Pokemon should be careful.

Gwyn the Litwick lit the way up the staircase for Cele and Lepido, as Hecate could already see in the dark, being a Duskull. The staircase is a bit crowded, as the cake carries, Hyrem, Connor and Keith along with their Pokemon climb up the stairs. Soon, they enter the living room, which is decorated with Victorian-style wallpaper, with various portraits lined across the walls. "Wurmple..." Lepido mutters, seemingly mesmerized by a portrait. "Lepido, it's just a picture. It's not like they're alive or anything." Cele says as he gives another leaf to the gluttonous Wurmple.

Outside, Soren is still perched next to the much bigger Skarmory, as he is greeted, the Armor Bird Pokemon introducing himself as Icarus. "I'm Soren, a Hoothoot as you can see." Soren replies.

Back inside, Cele notices a woman dressed in a similar fashion to the house. Even though she's wearing different clothes, the face remains the same, if a little paler. "Hey Marion. So you're better now, are you? That's great!" Cele says, before noticing food set out. "Okay, I think I should let out my other Pokemon now." he says, pulling three Pokeballs. In three flashes of light, a Wartortle, an Emolga and an Eevee appear. Immediately, the Emolga rushes off to play, while the Eevee jumps on Cele, who strokes his fur. The Wartortle decides to get some grub, moving towards the food.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #30
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Bedivere is quite pleased by Hyrem's statement that he will eat whatever he is served; consequently, as Hyrem joins the group, Bedivere wheels a cart full of food behind him, and sets it beside him as he finds a spot in the living room. "Whenever you are ready," Bedivere chuckles, implying that the entire cart is meant for him. The blue jellyfish floats away with a ghostly chuckle, apparently intent on making even more food. He is soon joined by a familiar face; Myrtle, who always seemed happy to see him, eagerly expresses her delight in seeing him after a month of absence. Bedivere bows gracefully, a grin clear on his face.

"The pleasure is all mine, my dear," he responds with a warm, yet elegant tone. "Praytell, have you eaten yet? Oh, you must certainly be hungry to have floated straight towards the kitchen, ohohoho~!"

Meanwhile, in the living room, Marion grins at Icarus' enthusiasm, and listens as Hyrem describes the bird's antics. "Loves attention, huh? Reminds me of a certain Ninetales I know..."

As if on cue, Hyrem asks Marion about the very fire-type she had alluded to. Marion chuckles a bit, shaking her head. "Aislyn is in the bathroom getting ready. Poor thing fell face-first into some casserole, so she needed to start the whole process over. Murmur is helping with the grooming at the moment-" Marion turns to Connor as she says this, as if suddenly reminded of something. "Murmur should be delighted to see you when he's done helping Aislyn! He remembers you fondly, for sure. How is Rhett doing, by the way?"

Marion is then introduced to Helena, Keith's new Shuppet. Though the Shuppet has a cheerful, kind aura radiating from it, Marion is pleased to sense the undercurrent of darkness and rage typical of a healthy Shuppet. No matter how happy this little one was, she was at least being raised to foster her grudge, and Marion could sense a grudge better than anyone. An odd little smirk forms on Marion's face as she turns back to Keith. "Really taken a liking to Shuppet, haven't you, Keith? Never knew you looooved Shuppet so much. Had I known, I would have let you spend more quality time with Minerva." Marion laughs heartily, as if there was an odd little joke implied in her statement. Marion then turns to Foster, and gives him a grin, asking in Shuppet: Have you met Helena yet?

Among the trainers, the discussion takes a turn towards the mysterious events and giveaways on Halloween. The "curse" that Keith's Venipede had received from the spirits of was a blessing in disguise; grey skin, which may have looked dismal on some Pokemon, looked wonderful on Salazar. Connor frecounted his own luck with the spooky raffle, receiving a shadow Elgyem. Both events seem to intrigue Marion greatly, and the ghostly trainer takes a long look at Salazar, taking mental notes.

"What a strange phenomenon... I have heard the spirits coloring Pokemon orange as a joke, but never grey! That's a new one... I wonder why they would choose grey, or if it is different from the orange recolor. Does your Venipede still have the same level of energy as before?"

As Marion speaks, a little cone-shaped head pops up from behind Marion's couch, and climbs up onto Marion's shoulder.

Are we talking about the mirror, the creature squeaks in Snorunt language.

"Oh, speaking of the Haunted Mirror..." Marion adds with a grin, picking up her Snorunt and placing her in her lap. "The spirits looked kindly on Taran and gave him a rare egg house pass. It had strange writing on it; even Coselle was not able to decode it. Anyway, Coselle gave the pass to the Egg House attendants, and fortunately they let me hatch the egg when I was well enough... and out came this little one! She's an interesting little gift, for sure.

I am a blessing from the Mirror, Chione adds in Snorunt language. The luckiest blessing there is! You better believe it.

As Chione says this, she suddenly an inexplicably falls from Marion's lap, landing with a thud. Marion immediately picks her up and dusts her off; fortunately, Chione seems fine despite her tumble.

I didn't get hurt! See how lucky I am? Chione beams from ear to ear. Marion gives her Pokemon an odd look, while turning back up to the trainers.

"She seems convinced that she's a very lucky girl... Perhaps she is." Marion shrugs and gently lets Chione down to play with the other Pokemon. She then turns to Connor, a grin clear on her face. "So, you won the Shadow Raffle, huh? Congratulations! Oh, what is your Shadow Elgyem like? What kind of personality does it have? I've never met a Shadow Pokemon before!!"

Meanwhile, as Lepido the Wurmple admires the strange portraits, one of the portraits, which happens to be of a little girl in a lace dress similar to Marion's, begins to smile... the smile grows wider, and wider, and wider, until it engulfs the little girl's face! Eventually, the smile detaches from the painting, ever expanding, until a Gastly eventually appears attached to the smile. The ghostly Pokemon laughs heartily, his smile quite genuine.

"Art is alive in its own right... Perhaps not walking and talking, but breathing in its own way..." The Gastly chuckles. "I am the one called Cheshire. It is such a pleasure to have some company here after the dreadful month we have had. Do you either of you play chess, by any chance...?"

Meanwhile, Liliana gleefully returns Peeves' hug, similarly excited to see her boyfriend after such a long time. "PEEVES! I SO HAPPY~" Liliana grins widely. "I ask Bedivere make biiiiiig cookie for you. He say he bring it out for dessert. Meanwhile, you like cookie shake?" Liliana giggles at the thought of the large shake. Soon, she is approached by Sylvester, a former opponent of hers. Though it had been a grueling battle, which Liliana had lost, she seems to bear no hard feelings toward the Pansage; in fact, she greets him with a wide grin.

"Good see you too, Sylvester! Life much better now that Marion feeling better... How things going with you?"

Suddenly, Liliana appears to shield Peeves from something, her attention directed toward a Snorunt with a beret in the corner of the room. Her spite was powerful, especially for such a small ice type... Liliana already had an idea of how Snorunt behave from Marion's notes and from observing Chione, and while her teammate could potentially be an unintentional source of bad luck, she was a rather happy-go-lucky sort. This kind of anger... There was something going on underneath the surface not typical of the Snorunt species. What was that darkness she sensed...?

Liliana cautiously floats towards the Snorunt, not wanting to appear threatening. She decides to switch to Duskull language, in order to refine her communication ability. She gives the Snorunt a genuine, soft smile, to try and show her benevolent intentions. Hello there, Miss... I do not believe we have met. My name is Liliana, but you can call me Ana. Ana knew better than to ask "What's wrong" and put the Snorunt on the spot. Perhaps she would be more receptive to a simple, non-threatening introduction.

In another part of the cottage, the adorable Minchi leads Kanna and Kief in the direction of Marion's room. Unbeknownst to Minchi, however, she has attracted the attention of a small, black puffball, who floats after the group with silent curiosity. The expression in the cotton-covered creature's orange-yellow eyes is one of amusement as she floats along, wondering when (and if) she will be noticed.

Outside the treehouse, Coselle is distracted suddenly by a phone call. The mysterious young woman gives a few orders to Gadget before heading out to address whatever she discussed on the phone. Meanwhile, Gadget runs in tight circles around the Treehouse, apparently guarding it in Coselle's stead.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #31
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Myrtle smiled as Bedivere greeted her, as warm and polite as she remembered. The Frillish then asked if she was hungry, reasoning that it must be the case if Myrtle had floated right to the kitchen. Myrtle blushed slightly. Though she had indeed made a Combeeline right for the kitchen, food was about the last thing on her mind at the moment. However, it was common knowledge that Bedivere was an excellent cook, so Myrtle had no problem with the idea of eating. Especially anything Bedivere had prepared.

"I was not all that hun-gry," Myrtle stated. "I... I was... ra-ther... ea-ger... to-to see you a-gain," she stammered, blushing a little more as she said this. "But I sup-pose I am a lit-tle hun-gry," she conceded, eyeing the large quantities of food the Frillish had prepared. "You have made a lot of food, I have no i-de-a what I should try first," she added. She looked at Bedivere, hoping he would recommend a dish for her to taste first.

Back in the living room, Marion seemed to be glad to meet Helena. She looked at Keith with an odd smirk on her face, and commented on how much he must love Shuppet, stating that had she known, she'd have let him spend more quality time with Minerva. She then laughed, and indeed, Keith had to resist the urge to chuckle himself, as he had a pretty good idea as to what she was implying in her statement. The discussion then turned to the various events and giveaways on Halloween, which included Salazar. Marion seemed most intrigued by the Venipede's grey coloration, and stated that she had heard of the spirits turning Pokemon orange as a joke, but grey was a new one on her. She asked Keith if Salazar had the same levels of energy as he had previously.

"He seems to, yeah," Keith replied. "Aside from the color change, he's the same Salazar. Heck, after he was turned grey, the biggest thing he was worried about was how his girlfriend would react. Turns out he didn't need to worry. If anything, she loves him even more now." At this point, the Snorunt known as Chione approached. Keith was a little wary of the Snorunt, knowing that she wasn't exactly the good luck charm she was so convinced she was. Sure enough, she managed to somehow fall out of Marion's arms.

Salazar then started to walk around, searching the Secret Base for Taran. It had been a while since the Venipede had seen his friend.

Pomona, meanwhile, seemed to make up her mind as to what to do first, and dashed over to where the Gastly had materialized. "Hiii!" she exclaimed excitedly. "Hi, Cheshire, it's me, Pomona, remember me, from the bar?" she said in one breath, excited to see the Gastly again. Though she had only talked to him for a few moments before being distracted by something else, the Gastly's apparent liking for fun and games had stuck in the Ivysaur's mind.

Peeves was beyond happy as Liliana eagerly hugged him back, but his happiness turned to concern as Liliana seemed to shield him from something. Then, Peeves saw... her. That Snorunt. That... that Snorunt he had battled before. He couldn't help but think that something was off about that Snorunt, and the very sight of her made him shiver in fear. And then he started to feel the effects of Spite, felt the anger. To his horror, Liliana started to float directly towards the Snorunt, and addressed her courteously. Peeves followed her, almost hesitantly, keeping a wary and fearful eye on the Snorunt the whole time. He intended to simply observe the conversation, but was intent on defending Liliana if the Snorunt tried any funny business.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-24-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #32
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Luvdisc I'm dreaming of a red and white Christmas...

Upon hearing Sera sing praises to her premature power, Alice smiled softly.

Part of the reason for that is I was originally under the service of the Sphinx in The Lost City of Sobek. She trained me rigorously, as I was required to face challengers who came seeking riddles almost every day. I wasn’t… “Mistreated”, but it was hard work with hardly any rest, and no reward.

Then one day, a girl arrived with her Gulpin, and as I quickly gained the upper hand in the battle, she suddenly conceded and returned him to his Ball. It wasn’t because of the Type disadvantage though. She said she didn’t want to put either of us through more pain, since she only came here to solve puzzles. She bowed respectfully to my master and left, but not before leaving a Potion for me to heal my injuries… I was so surprised and touched by this gesture. Something like that had never happened to me before.

I requested a leave to follow the trainer and thank her, which my master granted. I had never been outside before… The harsh desert sun almost blinded me, and our pale skin is sensitive, you know, especially when it’s been in darkness for so long… The heat practically burned. But I had to find her. I used my Psychic abilities to track her presence through the stormy sand, as the wind had already wiped away any footprints. When I finally caught up, I struggled to mentally express my gratitude. It was the first time I had spoken to a human. At the time I could not formulate words telepathically either; I spoke only in images and feelings. But she could understand me somehow. It was like we formed an instant connection.

However, at that moment, a helicopter appeared and three rings dropped from the sky, ensnaring me. The men in the machine outstretched a long metal pole and started to lift me away… The girl tried to defend me by sending her Delibird after them, but they got away. She followed us to their hideout though, and managed to sneak in and free myself as well as others whom they’d kidnapped. However, she got caught and we were thrown in a cell. We managed to escape with the help of a man and his Alakazam, who TELEPORTed us to a secret underground facility in Atrea. He explained about Team Magma’s plan to turn us into Shadow Pokémon, and asked for help from the girl, who had proven her power by battling Maxie, the leader of Team Magma. He begged her to find the “Tears of Pure”, which were rumored to be able to bring a blackened soul back to the light.

After she agreed, she realized at that point that she should send me home first… But I didn’t want to leave her. I requested to become a member of her team, to travel with her and see the world. I was afraid she might say “no”, since she seemed concerned for my safety, but she happily accepted. I’ve been together with Jess ever since. She’s been wonderful to me, and helped me study to become stronger than ever. Our bond has also enhanced my talents of empathy, to the point where we can even sense each other’s emotional and physical states.

When Sera noted a similar sense of union between her and Bobble, Alice blushed a bit as she moved to take his hand. As for Bobble and myself, let’s just say that after he came to save me, and all the ordeals we went through together… We’re inseparable.

-

“Minchi, where are we going?”

“Sh… You’ll find out when we get there!”

As the chinchilla led her furry friends through the twisted halls of the tree, it seemed they had also attracted two followers. A Poochyena and Sneasel chased after them, eager to join in on the fun. Minchi grinned and motioned for them to come on then, but keep quiet. She paused first to make introductions.

“Hey there! My name’s Mint Mocha Chip, or Minchi for short. This here is Kanna and Kief.”

Kanna nodded timidly. “H-hello.”

As the one called Leila remarked on how cute Kanna and Kief looked together, the Furret flushed and immediately began to flail again. Minchi rolled her gaze and forcefully pushed Kanna ahead before she got too caught up in her denial, while Kief carried on after them, oblivious. He barked loudly in greeting to the Poochyena though (wincing as the females turned around and shushed him), for he was glad to have another four-legged guy buddy to play with.

Unbeknownst to them, they had accumulated another curious fan – this time a shadowy puff of cotton. Minchi was too excited to notice, especially upon sighting a grand doorway towards the top of the staircase, carved in the side of the trunk.

“That must be it!” she exclaimed as she raced to the top of the steps… Only to find she wasn’t tall enough to reach the knob.

“Kanna, lend me your shoulders. The rest of you, help support us.”

“Eh- eh?” Kanna squeaked in confusion as Minchi clambered onto her back, pushing her ears into her eyes. Though standing on tiptoes, the chinchilla still couldn’t quite reach, so she convinced Kief to come up as well and give an extra boost. Not only was Kanna growing weary from carrying so much weight, but she became dizzy from embarrassment of feeling the Zigzagoon’s warmth pressed so close to her head…

Just as Minchi exclaimed “Got it!” and pressed down on the lever, swinging the door open, the Furret fainted. The totem pole collapsed in a heap within the room, except for Minchi who managed to hang on to the handle.

“Kan, you okay? Quick, someone get her some water or something!” As Kief tried licking Kanna again to no avail, she quickly cast about the chamber, searching for anything that might revive her companion. She soon spotted a vase full of violet flowers (which looked familiar for some reason – she seemed to recall Jess making a purchase of a similar bouquet to send to someone a few weeks ago along with a card – oddly, they still looked fresh despite the deadness of the surrounding environment) sitting pretty on a dresser…

(OoC – Leaving it up to ME if she wants to describe the rest of her bedroom, as well as either Elysia or Leila/Laika if they wish to do the honors of dumping the urn’s contents on Kanna. XP)

-

As Peeves and Liliana became aware of Kristen, the latter advanced to shield her partner. The Snorunt blinked as her sight of the target, and subsequently spell, severed. Liliana approached gingerly and presented herself in a non-threatening manner, prompting the stranger to give her name. Kristen cocked her head, glare narrowing as she remained silent in response. A beat. Then she fished around inside her cloak, and when she removed her mitts they were clutching a small sketchbook. Setting it down on the floor, she sat on the boards as well and opened to a blank page before starting to scribble with a crimson crayon. Raising the book up, it read in scratchy letters, red streaks on white as snow:

I AM LILITH

Her head snapped up all of a sudden, seeming to return to reality. Blood-rubies subsided to clear crystal as they stared about in puzzlement.

-

As Jessica shook hands with Miss Coselle once again at the Cable Club, the girl mustered as warm a reception as she could to the woman’s icy grip. The accusation earlier that Jess had attempted to cheat Miss Coselle’s sister rang clearly in her mind, and the expression on the doll’s face still scared her somewhat. She had thought Miss Coselle seemed different back at the Base, but perhaps she maintained a certain level of mistrust towards Jessica – or people in general. Jess stammered as she assured she would never attempt to take advantage of Marion – or Miss Coselle, for that matter. They were friends, weren’t they? …Though she didn’t dare to add the last part. Privately, Jess couldn’t stand the thought of (indirectly) hurting both though, or that they would end up hating her for it.

Miss Coselle’s sincere apology made up for the momentary terror however, and afterwards she mused strangely as she spun the Spiritomb’s festive orb in her fingers, watching its sparkles capture the light. She then latched the ball onto her belt, mysteriously mentioning a whisper to Jessica that she should “sleep with the lights on” at night. The girl made to question the meaning of the warning, but Miss Coselle merely cackled darkly and slipped once more into the crowd. Jessica shuddered as she witnessed her melt away like frost, leaning against the tree to wait for a while (despite a velvet rope and several signs advising against touch or Santa would be forced to shoot a rabid Stantler there would be dire consequences). They had agreed one of them should leave before the other, so as not to attract suspicion by arriving simultaneously at the party again. Meanwhile, she took stock of her own team, beaming as she watched Link and Taki play in the winter wonderland. Sweet powdered sugar drifted down heavier, as if the sky could sense tomorrow was special. The White Market truly lived up to its name this time of year…

There was one who appeared less than enthused by the falling flakes though, and Jessica frowned as she perceived Hoshiko’s shivering. Of course, how could she be so stupid? While the Johto starter’s species could withstand the chill better than most other Grass-Types (such as Sewaddle), she would still prefer warmer weather. Glancing at Eevee, who was trying her best not to be trampled by more last-minute holiday shoppers, Jess wasn’t sure it would be such a good idea to take her straight to a social event so soon either. While Link might be fine (despite his apparent lack of loquaciousness), the little fox didn’t seem to want to separate from her hero, whom she was mostly hiding behind to avoid the masses.

Pulling out all three housing containers, Jessica bent down and spoke to them.

“Hey, I’m gonna send you guys home now, where you can meet some of my other pals. Hoshi, look after them and show them around, will you? You can even go hang out on the beach, it’s really beautiful. Plus it’s not as cold, should be a lot nicer there than here at least.”

The Chikorita nodded, as did her charges. Jess tapped their foreheads to recall each, then pressed a few buttons on her Pokédex to transfer the trio to her hidden cove. Figuring enough time had passed by now for all doubt to be alleviated, she brushed slush from her jeans (as well as pine and tinsel and bark off her bum), then straightened and began walking off towards the Haunted Mansion.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 12-24-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #33
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Icarus was happy to meet the owl, who introduced himself as Soren. "Nice to meet you, Soren! So, I saw your trainer, he looks like a pretty cool guy!"

-----

As everybody starts coming inside, Cele takes three more Pokemon out of their Pokeballs: an Emolga, an Eevee, and a Wartortle. Hyrem took interest in the Eevee. "Aw, you have an Eevee too? I still don't have one yet, and it seems like everybody else has one. I hear somebody might still be selling off his Eevee litter, so I still have a chance to get one! Can I pet your Eevee though?" he asked Cele.

Then Hyrem suddenly finds a cart full of food delivered right next to him by Bedivere, then Bedivere just leaves the cart there, thinking that the kid was going to eat all the food on the cart. What was he thinking, that Hyrem would just gorge himself on this and get fat? Uh, well, considering his past life, he just might be intending that. Still, the food smelled delicious, and he didn't have to eat all of it, just some of it, then he'd be able to leave the rest for other people, right? So he took the dish off the top, which conveniently was a couple of pizza slices, and would occasionally take a bite of the pizza as he talked with Marion.

"Aw, that's too bad!" Hyrem said when Marion said Aislyn needed some time to clean up again before she would come out and visit with everyone. "I hope she comes out soon!" Then Keith introduced Helena, his second Shuppet, to the group, and Hyrem knew now was a good time for another of his Pokemon to join the group. "You know, while I'm waiting for Aislyn, maybe you'd like meeting this guy." He then took out a Ghost Ball and said, "Michael, come on out!"

Another Shuppet appeared from the Ghost Ball with a sullen look. He glanced over at Helena and promptly looked away in shame. "Are ... you sure I'm going to like visiting this place?" Michael asked Hyrem.

"Well, you're a Ghost-type, right? This whole place is pretty much catered to Ghost-types, and Marion is an expert on them!"

"Oh, hello there," says Michael as he recognizes Marion's presence, still trying to avoid looking at Helena. "I'm Michael, great to meet you."

-----

Alice explained to Sera how her powers were developed by the Sphinx in Sobek, one of many archaeological sites in the island of Talas. She then went on a journey to find the trainer who showed kindness to her and had to be rescued by Team Magma before she joined her current trainer. Thanks to her bond, her powers have developed even further, even though she hadn't evolved yet. Sera is reminded of Aislyn's words that evolution was not meant as a solution to control someone's powers, though with Sera, she hasn't been able to develop her powers, except for when she evolved into a Kirlia, only how to control them. She was able to gain quite a few moves soon after evolution, but she hasn't developed telepathy just yet. All in due time, she figured, but she still couldn't resist feeling slightly envious of Alice's early development of her powers. "A very interesting life you have," mused Sera. Alice also talked about how she and Bobble are very close, and Sera once again looked on her own life. While she certainly had a few Pokemon express interest in her, the feeling wasn't mutual. She just wasn't interested in love at the moment, and she really didn't want to fall into the whole "love at first sight" trap like her teammates did. "I can see that. Bobble looks cute, you are fortunate to have someone like him!"

Sera was also witness to the Snorunt that wanted malice towards the Duskull. Now it made sense, Kristen had an inner demon inside her, one so powerful that Sera cringed just from sensing such a powerful hatred. She hoped Peeves and Liliana were careful in their approach, but something told her even approaching such an evil may provoke it regardless of how much tact was put into it. Fortunately, all that came from it was some creepy painting that revealed the demon's true identity to be Lilith. Hopefully, this "Lilith" wouldn't resurface too many times, or things may end up getting out of hand.

-----

Leila and Laika enjoyed meeting the three Normal-types, and Laika's tail wagged as a reaction to Kief's barking hello. As they approached the bedroom door, they had to work together to reach the doorknob. Leila worked to try to support Kanna so she wouldn't have to lift the others on her own while Laika climbed on top of Kief to give Minchi the boost she needed to open the door. Unfortunately, Leila couldn't support Kanna enough, and Kanna fainted, almost landing on top of Leila, but she was able to react fast enough to get out of the way. Minchi hoped to find some water and looked toward a vase of black roses. "I got it!" Leila said since she too saw the vase and quickly climbed up the dresser to get it, being careful not to spill anything on the way down until she got back to the Furret and hurriedly poured the water on her face.

Laika's sense of smell suddenly picked up someone else, and he turned around to find a black Cottonee floating above the staircase. "Hey, do you live here?" Laika asked. "Can you help us to find some more water to help our friend?"
Old 04-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #34
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Alex shuddered slightly as he followed the path towards his destination. This place was giving him the creeps and was bringing back memories of his time on Phantom Isle. But he continued on, because who he was going to meet would most likely be a great aid to his research.

He eyed his Bronzor hovering over his left shoulder, mirrored by his Magnemite on the right. It was why this meeting was important. His studies on non-biological pokemon included the study of spiritual non-biological pokemon, which Echo was a member of. While it was important for his research, he himself was curious about the spirits. He had already did some research into Aura which was a major part of spirituality, as well as he was hoping to write up about Sinnohist and Johtoian religion. But who he was going to meet was an expert on ghosts, which oddly enough was parallel to his own research. He studied pokemon that technically weren't living, but did, and she studied pokemon that were once alive, but aren't anymore. A very interesting premise.

He soon saw the house. The bright tree house looked a little out of place considering the surrounding area, but Alex somehow sensed that it fit right in somehow. It was a little disturbing, but he knew that if something jumped out at them his twin steel types could handle it. Hopefully. He shook his head to focus himself and knocked on the door. "Marion? It's me, Alex Morgan." He heard that Marion was a little eccentric, but what good scientist isn't? Especially one who hung out with ghosts all the time. It couldn't be too bad, right?
Old 04-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #35
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

As Alex approaches the strange treetop cottage which serves as Marion's secret base, the young mistress of the house prepares a table and chairs in the main room for her guest, as she carefully organizes stacks of research papers for Alex to review at his leisure. In the kitchen, the Frillish known as Bedivere works diligently on a glorious spread of tea sandwiches, cookies, small cakes and other delicious-looking pastries to accompany a large, ornate tray laden with a vast selection of coffees and teas. Bedivere chuckles as he works, eager to have someone new to try his incredible cooking. Of course, with Bedivere in the kitchen, it's a safe bet that most of Marion's Pokemon are in the kitchen as well, sneaking stray sandwiches and offering to help "taste test" everything. After all, Bedivere had a habit of cooking way too much food for the occasion, and Marion's Pokemon wouldn't want all that excess food going to waste, now, would they?

As Marion organizes the papers and starts up her laptop in order to have access to some of her more recent works, a small Axew nips at the trainer's heels, looking for attention. Though Marion gives the Axew a loving smile, she shakes her head a bit. "Not now, honey. My guest is coming in a couple of minutes and I need to get this done. I'll pick you up in a minute, okay?" Lizzie immediately frowns, and visibly pouts in reaction to Marion's statement. Knowing better than to give in, Marion ignores the pouting, and continues her last minute cleaning and organizing. Recognizing quickly that it would take more to get to Marion than big, red puppy-eyes, Lizzie looks around and immediately sets her eyes on a stack of research papers that Marion seems to have forgotten to place on the table. Darting towards the stack with as much speed as she can muster, Lizzie dives in, sending papers everywhere.

"Lizzie?! Lizzie, NO!!" The frazzled young woman rushes toward her Axew as the red-eyed creature gleefully tears through the stack of documents, creating a snow-like spray of torn white paper in her wake. Rather than give the Axew the attention that she craves, she immediately pulls out her Pokeball and gives the Axew a stern expression.

"If you continue to act this way, you're going back in the ball and you won't get to play with any new friends. Is that what you want?"

Lizzie immediately puts her tail between her legs and gives Marion a teary-eyed expression. The young trainer sighs and hooks the Pokeball back on her belt. "Behave now, Lizzie," she reiterates as she begins cleaning up the mess that Lizzie made. At that very moment, however, Marion can hear a knock on the door, indicating that Marion's guest has already arrived. In a panicked state, Marion calls out, "Hey, Alex! I'll be there in a second!" The young woman quickly hides the torn papers under the Sparkle Mat she was gifted on Valentine's Day, not having the time to appropriately clean the mess up. Lizzie, still looking apologetic, follows right at Marion's feet, hoping that her trainer will forgive her and pick her up.

"Have you decided to be a good girl today, Lizzie?" Marion tilts her head, giving the Axew a curious look. The Axew nods vigorously, and after a long pause, Marion gently picks the little dragon-type up, much to her delight. Lizzie cuddles up to Marion immediately, while a strange, rock-like creature with a giant nose waddles toward the door before Marion can so much as attempt to open it herself.

The Nosepass opens the door, and seems incredibly shocked at the fact that there's a man standing on the other side. It's hard to say exactly what he was expecting, but apparently a trainer was not one of those things. In his native language, the Nosepass muses to himself; Is this a pizza man? While the sun is still high in the sky? Mr. Nose thought the pizza men only came after the sun sets, when Miss Marion can summon them from the netherworld with the magic wand with the numbers on it... PIZZA WIZARDRY!!

Marion soon appears in the doorway behind Mr. Nose, with her Axew balanced carefully on her right arm. She uses the left to open the door all the way, and gently encourage Mr. Nose to step backward to let their guest inside. "Please, come in!" Marion flashes Alex a warm and friendly smile as she encourages him to enter her abode. Lizzie seems... a bit less enthused at the prospect of a stranger entering their home, but she limits the expression of her displeasure to an intimidating stare. After all, it was hard for her to be angry and be cuddled at the same time.

"Alex, have you met Lizzie and Mr. Nose? Lizzie is my Axew, and Mr. Nose is the Nosepass you see here." Marion uses her stray hand to pat Mr. Nose on the head, which seems to please the odd creature. "Ah, but I'm sure you want to meet some of my ghost Pokemon, right? I've got quite the variety at this point... Lampent, Rotom, Dusclops, Spiritomb, Frillish, Gastly, Midreavus and Drifloon, plus a Nincada and female Snorunt who will eventually become ghost-types upon evolution... Are there any in particular you would like to take a look at first?"
Old 04-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #36
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Alex was a little surprised that when the door opened, a Nosepass stood in front of him. Coming from a ghost typed trainer, it didn't really seem her type. While the species was non-biological, Nosepass weren't high on his list of non-biological pokemon that he needed to get. Then Marion appeared holding an Axew in her arm and welcomed him in. He gave a grin and a nod in return, though the small dragon type didn't seem impressed with him being on her territory. Marion introduced her two pokemon as Mr. Nose and Lizzie. "Ah, I don't think I really have met them. I don't socialize much. This is Theta and Echo," he said indicating the Magnemite, then the Bronzor. Theta looked at the Nosepass and hovered over to him. "It looks like Theta and Mr. Nose are hitting it off quite well. It must be their magnetic personalities." He grinned at the joke. "Their two species have a lot in common, I should get my hands on a Nosepass of my own at some point..."

Then Marion mentioned that she also had a wide assortment of ghost type pokemon and offered if he wanted to take a closer look at any of them. "You said you had a Rotom? I'm interested in the species, but I've kinda heard that yours is a little...uh..." he broke off trying to think of a word he could use not to insult his host. "...a little too energetic? Anyways..." He paused for a moment and sniffed the air. "Is that freshly baked cookies I smell?" A grin came to his face. "Jackpot." He followed his nose towards the kitchen and peered in and saw the large gathering of ghosts.

It was a little unnerving at first sight. Ghost types were known for being tricksters but he was sure that Marion could keep a good handle on them. "Ah, this is where all of your guys are. Hey!" He paused at the doorway. Was it proper manners to got into your host's kitchen, especially when it's filled with ghosts? He glanced over to Marion. "Well, it looks like quite a feast here. My guys can't be too much help, half of them can't eat at all." He chuckled.

---

Meanwhile Theta struck up a conversation with Mr. Nose. "The magnetic field around you is strong. I can barely keep from flying towards you." The Magnemite found some leverage from Echo who supported itself with its psychic powers to prevent the electric type from losing control of its electro-levitation. "Just curious, do you know if your trainer has plans to evolve you soon? Mine says that he is trying to get a bunch of other trainers with Magnemite together so we can evolve together. The problem seems to be that there are few places it can happen and not everyone can get there."
Old 08-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #37
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

((Sorry for making you wait so long, man... T_T I'm hoping I'll be posting more now that my creative juices are flowing again~))

Marion smiles and bows to Theta and Echo as the pair are introduced. It was rather unsurprising that the two non-biological Pokemon would be out and about with their trainer; in fact, though Marion had not met with Alex often, in the times that she had seen him around, it always seemed as if these two were by his side. She chuckles a bit at Alex's little joke regarding the magnetic personalities of Theta and Mr. Nose, before nodding in agreement. "They do have quite a few similarities, don't they? I imagine they'll have a lot to talk about." Marion grins. "I heard that you and some others were planning on doing a Magnemite evolution spree. If you all decide to go to Mt. Coronet together afterward, maybe you can give me a call, huh?"

In response to Marion's invitation to meet some of her infamous ghost Pokemon, Alex does seem to briefly consider meeting her Rotom, though he remarks that perhaps Gadget might be a bit too... energetic for his tastes. Marion nods knowingly, as she is only too aware of the behavioral tendencies that Alex carefully attempts to reference. He then sniffs the air, intrigued by the smell of fresh baked cookies.

"Oh, yes! Help yourself," Marion says encouragingly, following Alex as he makes his way to the kitchen. "Mm... Gadget is a handful, especially when he's in his mow form. It seems to be the form he likes best because of the mobility, but it also means that he can cause a lot of inadvertent destruction." Marion chuckles. "Believe it or not, I've been told that I'm lucky. Gadget's a terror, but he generally does not mean to be. He mows the Mansion grounds and that makes him happy. I've heard that there are some Rotom out there who use the form to be... well, intentionally destructive, and that can be incredibly dangerous." Marion shakes her head, trying not to imagine what would happen if Gadget actually realized and attempted to focus his own destructive powers. "...At any rate, I have his mow card with me. He may be bouncing off the walls, but at least he won't be mowing over anyone's feet!"

The moment Alex reaches the kitchen, he is overwhelmed by the sheer number of ghosts gathered in one place; thankfully for Alex, most seem distracted by the blenders lining the kitchen counter, which are filled to the brim with berry smoothies. Each ghost appears to be pouring their own glass, and greedily slurping down the delicious beverage. While the others are pouring their drinks, a grinning male Frillish turns from the stove to greet Alex, a freshly-baked tray of cookies held carefully in his tentacles. It appears that he has had oven mitts specially made for his appendages, which allow him to handle the baked goods as they come out of the oven. Surprisingly, the Frillish speaks in perfect human English, with a posh, melodious tone of voice that seems strongly reminiscent of British royalty.

"Ohohohoho~! You must be Sir Alex, the expert on non-biological Pokemon that I have heard so much about from my Lady. How do you do? I am Bedivere, the beloved servant of Lady Marion." The Frillish sets aside his cookies a moment to bow respectfully to the trainer before him. "I do hope you enjoy the pastries that I have baked in honor of your arrival. Please do let me know if you require more of me, and I shall do whatever I can to ensure your comfort."

"Bedivere is a marvelous cook," Marion adds with a grin. "Just eat and drink as much as you can. I assure you, there won't be leftovers. You can even take some home with you in boxes, if you like." Alex comments that half of his team will likely be unable to partake in the feast, and Marion seems struck by an odd thought. "Say, Alex... I know that your Pokemon generally do not eat, but... How do they consume berries, poffins and rare candies? I know that has been a question of mine for certain ghost types such as Misdreavus, since their primary food sources are often incorporeal, much as they are." Marion shrugs. "Then again, poffins, berries and rare candies provide a sustenance that seems to be very different from that of regular Pokefood... Perhaps there is some connection there. Perhaps they are able to process these types of foods even when lacking a proper digestive system." The lavender-haired trainer chuckles a bit. "Anyway... Don't let me keep you from eating. Dig in!" As if to further reassure him, Marion picks up a petit four from one of the trays and carefully bites into it, her eyes lighting up at the flavor. Popping the other half into her mouth, she eyes the rest of the platter, attempting to gauge how many she should eat, before shrugging her shoulders, picking up a plate and loading it with the little desserts.

"Heh... These are my favorite," she admits, with a bit of color in her cheeks to signify a slight bit of embarrassment.

---

Mr. Nose looks up at Theta with a gleeful expression, clearly feeling the magnetic pull on his nose. Mr. Nose is reminded of the Klinks from his home, when he was but a mini-nose. Mr. Nose remembers how the Klinks would stick to his Lady Nose, and how all the mini-noses would help them get unstuck. Mr. Nose attempts to cover his nose with his stubby little arms, but to no avail. One day, Mr. Nose will have mini-noses, and they will help us.

In relation to that very statement, Theta asks Mr. Nose if his trainer has any plans for evolving him, before explaining his own trainer's attempts at gathering a group of trainers with Magnemite together in order to encourage their evolution. Mr. Nose listens intently, and when Theta is finally done speaking, he gives a solemn nod.

Mr. Nose wonders if it makes the magnetic one anxious... To spend the rest of the life with two who developed separate minds from its own. Mr. Nose sighs. The magnetic ones live in union. Responsibility is shared... The noses do not evolve this way. A nose takes on all responsibility for its mini-noses. The mini-noses are born of them, are a part of them, think with the mind of their nose inside of them. Mr. Nose is a part of his Lady Nose forever... and so will his mini-noses forever be a part of him. They will share in his mind and follow that mind wherever it leads. Mr. Nose is not ready for this responsibility yet. When he is ready... He will know.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #38
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

(Eh, no problem with the speed Marion. I’m in no rush.)

Alex nodded in agreement to call her soon after evolving Theta. A quest to Mt. Cornet to have a second stage evolution for the Magnemite would be great and he assumed that the other trainers who would join wouldn’t be in rush to evolve again so soon. And while he himself was somewhat of a loner, going on an adventure with someone else would be an interesting experience.

As he made his way to the kitchen, Marion reassured him that her Rotom wouldn’t be in its Mow form so it wouldn’t be able to cause much havoc. Alex was glad, out of all the injures he could get while journeying; getting his feet turned into hamburger would rank up there as one of the worse. With that unsettling image now in his head, he scoped out the kitchen trying to get the thought of food to cover it up. Out of all the ghosts in the kitchen, a blue Frillish made his way from the stove carrying a tray of fresh baked cookies. Alex had to force himself not to drool. Alex was surprised when he spoke up to introduce himself, not just the fact that he was speaking was unusual—none of his own Pokémon spoke out loud, though his Porygon could text stuff on the computer and his Abra and Metang had telepathy—but the manner of which he spoke was even more so. ‘Sir’ Alex. ‘Baked in honour of your arrival’. ‘Do whatever I can to ensure your comfort’. He didn’t even get anywhere close this much respect from his own teammates. While it was obvious that this Frillish must have been some sort of English butler in some former life, it felt rather absurd for him to be in this position. He was getting absolutely spoiled here.

He floundered for a moment to figure out to say, then grabbed a plate. “Well, uh, these treats seem to be great, so I must thank you for baking them.” He knew it sounded lame, but who cared, there was food to be eaten. He started stacking his plate as he heard Marion mentioned that he could take some home. He knew his stomach was going to be hurting later, but it all looked so good. He even grabbed a cookie off the tray Bedivere just pulled out of the oven with a muttered ‘hothothothot’ as he transferred it to his plate. As he finished loading the plate, Marion asked a terrific question about how non-biological Pokémon consume food-like substances, as well that it applied to her ghost types as well.

“Ah, I know what you mean. It is an interesting mystery and it ties into some of my other studies, the energy of Pokémon.” He paused to pick a butter tart off his plate to use as an example. “We humans mainly get two things from food: nutrients to grow our body and energy to animate it.” He popped the tart in his mouth and pause to swallow it. “Ok, flavour comes in third,” he said with a grin and shook his head. “Anyways, non-biological Pokémon have fixed bodies, they don’t have cells that die and regrow. So, they don’t need the nutrients. It’s probably the exact same as with your ghosts, though in this case, some of them don’t have much of a body to speak of. However, they still need energy. Magnemite obviously live off of electricity, whereas others live off of some sort of spiritual energy like your ghosts. So that means that berries and rare candies and the like have some sort of energy that these Pokémon can use.”

He paused to eat a couple of pasties that were on his plate. He was aware that he was saying a lot, but this topic was a great area of interest. If it were some other topic, chances were that he was going to duck out of the conversation. “It kind of makes sense seeing as many other items contain energy that Pokémon can use, such as items like mystic water or charcoal, or even short term ones like the elemental gems. Pokémon can use the energy stored within these items in order to boost their attacks, so berries must work the same way. How exactly non-biological Pokémon can take this energy out of the berry?” He shrugged his shoulders. “Arceus knows. Probably the same reason Pokémon can be contained in pokeballs, or be able to evolve or use their huge range of attacks. They are naturally born that way. Or their equivalent to birth in that matter.”

He paused and frowned. “This kinda brings me to a question of my own. How exactly do ghost types form? What determines, uh, which spirits come back and what species they become?” He glanced down on his plate. It did feel odd for him not to just dig into his food and talk. Most times he hardly talked and focused on his food so he would be first in line for seconds.
---

Theta bobbed a nod at the Nosepass’s concern for the fact that when it evolved, it would be stuck with two other Magnemite with different personalities, even more so that it was a trainer’s Pokémon while the ones he would be joining with would most likely be wild. Not all Magnemite evolve by joining up with other Magnemite. Many simply create two clones of themselves for the Magneton. However, every so often there is an abundance of magnetic energy and due to that, us Magnemite come together to evolve. These gathering are where we choose our, Bzzzzt, how do I say… Echo? The Electric type looked over at its partner, who until then was silent.

The Bronzor blinked and spoke in it fragmented, echoy voice. To put it into organic terms. The word you are looking for is mates. Like biological mates. You’ll be with these two extra Magnemite for the rest of your lifespan.

Right. One thing is that I’m a dominate Magnemite, an A variant as our trainer puts it. I’ll be the central Magnemite when we evolve. The other two will follow my lead. And once we become a Magnezone, the other two Magnemite fade away some because I’ll be in control of the whole body.

Meanwhile Echo was looking around the room. The spirits here are strong. Almost overwhelming. What is it like to live here?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases