UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 03-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #76
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Wartortle/Nidoqueen/Wigglytuff/Clefable continues to rock, but now Jynx has joined the team. Could go ruin Erika but a) I need to train Lola and b) I want to save her EXP for my final team member; Magmar. Clefable has really come into its own; and once she gets Softboiled, she may be truly unstoppable. I'm terrified for everyone around her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:19 PM   #77
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Clefable has really come into its own; and once she gets Softboiled, she may be truly unstoppable. I'm terrified for everyone around her.
Hate to break it to you, but in Generation I, it was only Chansey and Mew that learned Soft-Boiled. Clefable didn't get the move until FR/LG.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:34 PM   #78
phoopes
Double Dragon

At least you can teach Fly to Chariz... never mind
Old 03-04-2016, 01:37 PM   #79
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
At least you can teach Fly to Chariz... never mind
You can in Yellow, at least. Dragonite, Zubat, and Golbat, on the other hand...
Old 03-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #80
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, decided to start up Yellow now, though the way I'm planning out my team, I just might end up having to sweep Brock with Pikachu- actually, scratch that. I'm backtracking and catching me a Mankey. Not because I don't want to try sweeping Brock with Pikachu, because make no mistake, given the necessity, you bet your ass I'll sweep Brock with Pikachu. No, I was originally typing here a list of Pokémon you can get before Brock that I'd ruled out, and then I realized... Primeape would actually work on this team. Not to mention, I almost never use it in-game in the first place.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #81
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Yeah, I hit another issue on Red. Namely I somehow ended up in Vermilion City without beating Misty I had no idea this was possible what the fuck happened omfgSOMANYDIGLETT

(I was heading through the cave to get free shit on the other side and/or to get back to areas where I could mash some lower levelled shit of mine).
Old 03-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #82
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Hate to break it to you, but in Generation I, it was only Chansey and Mew that learned Soft-Boiled. Clefable didn't get the move until FR/LG.
Metronome it is then.
Quote:
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #83
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Yeah, I hit another issue on Red. Namely I somehow ended up in Vermilion City without beating Misty I had no idea this was possible what the fuck happened omfgSOMANYDIGLETT

(I was heading through the cave to get free shit on the other side and/or to get back to areas where I could mash some lower levelled shit of mine).
Yeah, you've only ever needed to get the S.S. Ticket to be able to go on to Vermilion City. Though you do need the Cascade Badge to get much further than that, of course.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:38 AM   #84
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Kuno View Post
Am I the only one playing glitchless?
No I'm playing it totally pure too~

Even though item bag limitations and one time TM usage is awful.

Currently training Wartortle and grinding before I go to the Rock Tunnel to progress the story. Full team now of Pikachu, Kanto Starters, Nidiqueen and Clefairy. May which Clefairy for Snorlax but probably not.
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #85
phoopes
Double Dragon

>one time TM usage

Yeah the newer games have really spoiled us. I remember never really thinking anything of one-time TM usage, it was just the standard and a way to separate them from HMs. Now whenever I go back and play the older games it's kind of an annoyance. But it's just one of the charms I guess now that Gen 6 is pretty much easy mode.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:43 AM   #86
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
>one time TM usage

Yeah the newer games have really spoiled us. I remember never really thinking anything of one-time TM usage, it was just the standard and a way to separate them from HMs. Now whenever I go back and play the older games it's kind of an annoyance. But it's just one of the charms I guess now that Gen 6 is pretty much easy mode.
I don't mind one time TM usage if the repeatable TMs you get are any decent. Gen 1 has very shitty purchasable/game corner TMs (Oh boy, Take Down, Substitute, and Double Team).

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #87
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
No I'm playing it totally pure too~

Even though item bag limitations and one time TM usage is awful.

Currently training Wartortle and grinding before I go to the Rock Tunnel to progress the story. Full team now of Pikachu, Kanto Starters, Nidiqueen and Clefairy. May which Clefairy for Snorlax but probably not.
You can trade that clefairy for a Mr Mime somewhere.

But if they didn't fix the bugs then ugh that still means ghost is totally useless against psychic...even if the only ghost move is Lick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:30 AM   #88
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

I was making real progress in Mt. Moon, until a Raticate killed my whole team. Holy shit that was brutal!
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:37 AM   #89
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Just got the Earth Badge in Red. Here's the team:

Missingno. lv. 51
~Body Slam
~Fly
~Earthquake
~Thunder Wave

Arbok lv. 50
~Acid
~Dig
~Wrap
~Strength

Weezing lv. 50
~Sludge
~Thunderbolt
~Hyper Beam
~Bide

Vileplume lv. 51
~Petal Dance
~Acid
~Cut
~Sleep Powder

Seadra lv. 51
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Hyper Beam
~Toxic

Charizard lv. 52
~Flamethrower
~Slash
~Earthquake
~Dig

Movesets are more or less finalized. Thinking of maybe replacing Seadra's Ice Beam with Blizzard, and Charizard's definitely foregoing Dig once Fire Spin comes into the picture, but all that aside, seems like I'm pretty well set at the moment.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #90
Heather
Naga's Voice

I'm getting everyone up to 30 in the active party before tackling Rock Tunnel. Half are done, Elise is 29 and going, Nikola and Saizo are high 20s. Here's who we've got:

Meg, Wartortle (30)
Soren, Charmander (30)
Jeigan, Raticate (30)
Elise, Nidoqueen (29)
Nikola, Pikachu (27)
Saizo, Sandslash (28)

Quote:
Old 03-10-2016, 06:34 PM   #91
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

And with that, Red Version is now as finished as it can officially get! 151 Pokémon seen, 151 Pokémon owned. Elite 4 beaten, Mewtwo caught. Team is the same as last time, except they're now all level 65 (Charizard is 66). Also, Charizard knows Fire Spin in place of Dig.

As far as what to do next? Well, from an official standpoint, I'd be done with the game. But... a big part of the Generation I charm is the sheer amount of unofficial content, now isn't it? Missingno. is just the tip of the Bergmite- there's all manner of glitch Pokémon out there, just waiting to be caught and raised. .4, h Poké, A, and more!

And of course, to commemorate the team that got me through this game, because it's only a matter of time before their actual Hall of Fame data is glitched beyond recognition;

The Hall Of Fame!

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-10-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:48 AM   #92
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Your sig is still too big.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #93
Torkoal Stu
This

Slowly and surely trucking through Yellow. I'm currently in a 4 and a half hour train ride to my partners so I've managed to smash my way through Rock Tunnel and Rocket HQ. Grinding a bit before Erika and preparing to evolve Clefairy upon learning metronome at Level 31~

Charmeleon continues to be the weak link of my team, so I'm desperately waiting upon it learning Slash or evolving into Charizard. Although I'm sure he'll blitz Erika~
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:32 PM   #94
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I'm considering dropping my Charmeleon for Raticate, it has a higher damage output.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:55 PM   #95
Heather
Naga's Voice

See I've gone the "don't evolve Charmander until it gets Flamethrower" route.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #96
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Charmander gets Flamethrower naturally?
Old 03-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #97
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Charmander gets Flamethrower naturally?
That's the only way it ever learns Flamethrower in Generation I. It didn't become a TM move until Generation III. Moreover, the Charmander line is stuck with Ember until it either gets Flamethrower by leveling up or until you've beaten Blaine and thus can teach it Fire Blast, so I too keep my Generation I Charmander unevolved until it's got Flamethrower.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #98
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

And so it begins! Thanks to the miracle that is the Mew glitch, I've caught myself an h Poké! Already fed it a single Rare Candy to get it to level 8 so it could learn its signature HM02 move. It's really very creepy when you think about it- HM02 is one of the many glitch moves in the game, and what it does is, it deals a lot of damage and restores the user's health. But there's no animation for the attack. You just use it, and if it hits (and that's a really big "if"- its accuracy is apparently only 6%!), the opponent's HP just starts going down. Now think about that- h Poké, a Ghost-type, is the only Pokémon that can learn HM02. I can just imagine it silently hovering right behind someone, just using HM02 to drain their health away, and they'd have no idea until it was too late... Suddenly that 6% accuracy doesn't seem like such a bad thing. But anyway, I'm currently working on getting my Venusaur the Special stat needed for the next glitch Pokémon I'm going for. Which was actually gonna be my first, but Dragonite's stats wouldn't cooperate...

EDIT: And neither would Venusaur's! I wound up catching an LM4 instead of my intended target, which, like with h Poké, could be worse, since it was on the to-do list in any case.

EDIT II: Third time's the charm! This time it was Charizard I leveled up for the right Special stat, and this time luck was on my side, in multiple instances! I caught a .4, the very Pokémon I had intended to catch from the start of this glitchy postgame adventure. Moreover, when I leveled it up a little, I was able to successfully overwrite the dreaded Super Glitch with TM05, with no consequences from seeing the name of the move! Or... the blank space where a move name ought to be, more accurately. Point being, that could've been disastrous, and it went quite swimmingly. I do still have one more glitch Pokémon I aim to catch via the Mew glitch, though, which I'll be aiming for now.

EDIT III: And I did it! I caught an A!

EDIT IV: Well, now, that's interesting. It seems encountering A has the side effect of cloning your sixth item as well, but not to the same extent as Missingno. or 'M. I had one TM43 in my sixth slot, and now, after catching A, I have three. There's no invisible glitch symbol denoting more than 99, I mean just three. It seems encountering A will give you two copies of your sixth item. Not the most practical of details, but I still never knew that. This is one of the things I love about Generation I games- just when you think you got them all figured out, they keep throwing more little surprises your way.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-12-2016 at 01:15 AM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:10 AM   #99
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

...Well. Speaking of surprises. Game just threw a rather nasty one my way. Remember that Super Glitch move I mentioned? Basically the nastiest thing in any glitch Pokémon's arsenal. Even just so much as viewing the attack name (or lack thereof, as the case may be) can have devastating consequences. Like, to your save file. And just now, I pretty much got the worst case scenario happen to me when my LM4 hit level 24. A level at which it attempts to learn Super Glitch. As soon as it hit the level, my game froze. When I reset, there was no Continue option. Entire save file erased. Completed Pokédex, erased.

Oh, well. That's the risk one takes with this sort of thing. It's not like I didn't know what I was getting into when I aimed to raise the likes of LM4. I look these things up, I know the risks, I do what I can to take precautions, and this time, it just wasn't enough.

I think maybe this time I'll go all-out with using glitch Pokémon on my in-game team. Maybe just Missingno. alone isn't enough for me. And I did screw up, effectively preventing my Missingno. from learning Rock Slide, so there's that as well, I could do that one right this time. Hell, maybe I'll use an h Poké on my team, always wanted to do that. And now I won't feel so compelled to complete the Pokédex- already did it once, and also on a much bigger scale in the Generation VI games.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #100
Heather
Naga's Voice

Prepping for Koga, here's what we've got in the party!

Kana, Dratini, Level 20 (praise for Safari clause and donnel for covering dupes)
Meg, Blastoise, Level 37
Saizo, Sandslash, Level 39
Soren, Charizard, Level 39
Nikola, Pikachu, Level 38
Iago, Abra, Level 19

The new recruits are here, probably to stay. Catching Kana was a pain in my everything-though, interestingly, I fished up Dragonair first, but could never pin one down, rocks be darned.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON