UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 01-28-2020, 01:55 AM   #101
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
AND, can we get like a juicer item that allows us to grind our own berries into juice? The fella who takes the berries in Misconsin has a bugged script where he will take the Aged Berry as a quest, the Timeless Berry as a quest, but will not take any further Timeless Berries and will simply loop through the Ancient Berry dialogue.
Apparently I never 'finished' that dialog so it keeps saying quest complete. That's a good idea though, and now after finishing his quest to full, you can talk to him to turn your berries into juice for free. It's one at a time, but talking to him loops through all 3 different berries, so if you have one of each he'll ask for each one. Not that I expect people to have like 20 Timeless berries. Right? D:

Also if anyone gets to a "Yeti" quest, that's also not possible to finish at the moment, so don't try. xd

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:09 AM   #102
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I think one of the rune bosses is unlocked by clearing both areas in Beyond Bounds. I already cleared the "sins" side of things, it looks like each Sin Dragon drops a "sin" accessory and an additional item?

So far I have,

Spoiler: show

Ninja Hat
Destruction Tunic - Wrath
Sexy Bikini - Lust
Infernal Boxers

And all seven of the accessories. Of these, like Median says none of them are good enough to use, but two of the secondary drops were good enough to use. Unfortunately I forgot what I haven't gotten drops from so I can't see if they're better to use.

Can I request synergies? I don't know if that's even possible, but synergies like in Diablo II where if you use certain items together, there is a synergistic benefit.

For example, using all the Golden Items at once, such as Golden Galea, Golden Armor, Golden Cross, Golden weapon (Spear, Sword, Pole) and a hypothetical Golden Tunic/Panties/Pantaloons would give an overall benefit.

I'm hoping that there will be a Horadric Cube like item that allows me to use up these unremovable items...I have a lot of them now. Too many in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
Not that I expect people to have like 20 Timeless berries. Right? D:
Nobody would be that crazy.

I had eight at one point and I still didn't know what time it was.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:39 AM   #103
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Secret character bug:

I had BBB at Level 60. At some point after transforming, I switched her out of the party, now she's stuck as a female who is also Level 5 now somehow.

Oh wait, now there's two BBB in the same party. One is Level 5, the other is Level 60.

Also, all the equips are gone now.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 01-28-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:14 PM   #104
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Can I request synergies? I don't know if that's even possible, but synergies like in Diablo II where if you use certain items together, there is a synergistic benefit.

For example, using all the Golden Items at once, such as Golden Galea, Golden Armor, Golden Cross, Golden weapon (Spear, Sword, Pole) and a hypothetical Golden Tunic/Panties/Pantaloons would give an overall benefit.
This is something I thought about and discussed with Loki and a few others but ultimately, it is doable, but the mechanics for displaying any bonuses for wearing a set of stuff isn't really there. It'd also be a huge ton of work for extremely marginal benefit, I think.

Quote:
Secret character bug:
Yes, I found out that that character is bugged, and I already fixed it. This is why I keep saying I should push for fixes but everyone wants to wait. D: It does a lot of weird stuff if you change form and remove from party. I mighta mentioned to be careful using them in this thread somewhere but I probably also thought about it and didn't actually do it.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:39 PM   #105
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
This is something I thought about and discussed with Loki and a few others but ultimately, it is doable, but the mechanics for displaying any bonuses for wearing a set of stuff isn't really there. It'd also be a huge ton of work for extremely marginal benefit, I think.
You could simply have a text box display like for using the Limit Breaker, indicating that the synergy is in effect. I think for the Golden items, it's intuitive enough that the items are part of a set, and definitely gives more reward to going back to hunt elusive monsters like the Motherbird which are too powerful for the level when it's first encountered and the reward is crept by items more easily available like the drop from the Unseelie.

Ironically, I think for some monsters in the Witch's Forest, it becomes harder to get their drops as the game goes on (like the Greater Earth Sprite) because Loki 2HKO or OHKO's with Snatch, and there's only a 7% ish drop rate. So at that point, there's no incentive to hunt the boss given the difficulty is high, the reward is minimal, unless it's part of a set bonus.

Quote:
Yes, I found out that that character is bugged, and I already fixed it. This is why I keep saying I should push for fixes but everyone wants to wait. D: It does a lot of weird stuff if you change form and remove from party. I mighta mentioned to be careful using them in this thread somewhere but I probably also thought about it and didn't actually do it.
I didn't even want to recruit him at first, but he wouldn't take no for an answer, even though no was an option.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 01-28-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:36 AM   #106
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Gangnam style consistently corrupts the game when used on Absolute Sin + Absolute Virtue. I lost one battle to this so I tested it early in the rematch.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #107
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Gangnam style consistently corrupts the game when used on Absolute Sin + Absolute Virtue. I lost one battle to this so I tested it early in the rematch.
What does this mean?

Old 01-29-2020, 09:15 PM   #108
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The sound reference error that happens intermittently elsewhere in the game when using Gangnam Style happens with 100% certainty battling those two bosses. If the problem can be traced, that would be the place to observe it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-30-2020, 04:12 AM   #109
Lady Kuno

Yeah I'm gonna change something about the sound files next update. A few other people reported crashes relating to sound (especially longer stuff).

Old 01-31-2020, 04:41 PM   #110
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Whoops guess I lied about being in Chapter 3 before. Just started it now lol.

Recruited the eight member - was actually surprised to see it was Arnold, I was expecting Dark Magic from the name/element haha.

Currently lost in a dark forest trying to get back to Misconsin. '~' I can't seem to find the exit...? =/

Edit- Nm I got it. ^^; Went back to the cave to save and take a break since I was tired of wandering around in circles, and spotted another stairway. ='3 Finally free from spooky darkness~ \o/

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 01-31-2020 at 05:21 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 02:06 PM   #111
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Yukirin:
Ohey, congratz on getting all of the mandatory characters! Arnold's one of my favorite characters to use, but he does admittedly take a lot of investment between the Dancer Quest and the Hip Hopothacary.
He is the first character to get his Ultimate Armor, and boy is that one worth effort~

Of course, now that you've fleshed out the entirety of Team A, you're now able to start working on Team Lazer (I.E., getting the first Secret Characters). There's quite a bit of side stuff that can be done before continuing the story at this point~!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 04:19 PM   #112
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
Yukirin:
Of course, now that you've fleshed out the entirety of Team A, you're now able to start working on Team Lazer (I.E., getting the first Secret Characters). There's quite a bit of side stuff that can be done before continuing the story at this point~!
Eeeee~

I'm definitely looking forward to finding the secret characters. X3 I snuck some peeks at spoiler hints throughout the thread, though I'm still not really sure what to do to get them. ^^; My main clue right now is I've obtained "Rowboat Blueprints", but I have no idea how/what to use them for lol.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #113
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria aaa we should chat about the game sometime, I wanna hear your thoughts on the chars~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post

Eeeee~

I'm definitely looking forward to finding the secret characters. X3 I snuck some peeks at spoiler hints throughout the thread, though I'm still not really sure what to do to get them. ^^; My main clue right now is I've obtained "Rowboat Blueprints", but I have no idea how/what to use them for lol.
About the item you found and where to use it!

If you need help about unique forms of transportation, there's a gal in a town just for you!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:34 PM   #114
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
About the item you found and where to use it!

If you need help about unique forms of transportation, there's a gal in a town just for you!
Lol I forgot about that girl and literally checked everyone in all the other towns before getting to her. OTL I've got Fried Ingot and Ancient Lumber now, but I have no idea where to find Crazy Glue...? ^^;

On a sidenote, I finally beat

Ow My Face. x.X That thing hits hard. =x Basically ended up spamming statuses to keep it immobilized whilst dealing damage slowly over time. ='D

I only discovered it while searching for the Waste Disposal Hunt in Witch Forest, which I still haven't been able to find. =/ Is there something special you need to do in order to get it to appear?
Old 02-01-2020, 10:53 PM   #115
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I think you need one character wearing cloth armour for it to trigger. The Santa Claus boss also requires a "cat" and you get sellable cat ears later, which means you could get rid of them unknowingly and lose access to the boss.

As for me, I've been running through Beyond Bounds several times to stock up on items. I still can't open the crack in the Eternal Nest. I've scraped through that place multiple times and there's nothing that triggers it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-01-2020, 11:01 PM   #116
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Dopple:
There's a guard on Misconsin that mentions that the seal will break "when the tenth boss appears". The clue appears to be a reference to the first UPN Game, for the record.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:45 AM   #117
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Actually, about that...

I'm p sure it's a reference to Katekyo Hitman Reborn! And it just so happens there's a character that has skills also from that same manga...

If you just want the answer lol

Put Muyo in your active party, and the door will open up! If it doesn't open right away, try taking a few steps first.

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:26 AM   #118
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
Dopple:
There's a guard on Misconsin that mentions that the seal will break "when the tenth boss appears". The clue appears to be a reference to the first UPN Game, for the record.
This actually got me to try and dig up my save file from the first game, but unfortunately nothing is left.

That said, on my old discs from that era I did find some interesting stuff. I'll need to find an opportunity to show them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
Actually, about that...

I'm p sure it's a reference to Katekyo Hitman Reborn! And it just so happens there's a character that has skills also from that same manga...

If you just want the answer lol

Put Muyo in your active party, and the door will open up! If it doesn't open right away, try taking a few steps first.
There's no way I'd know this even in a million years. I thought "boss" was just referring to in-game bosses.

Muyo has to be the party lead to open the seal. She can't simply be in the party, which is likely why this never triggered all the times I tried this before.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-02-2020, 08:15 AM   #119
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Here's a bug.

During the invasion of UPN, the demon that attacks Naru on the left side cannot be attacked. You can only attack the one on the right side. You just walk through the enemy instead of initiate combat.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-03-2020, 01:18 AM   #120
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm so confused!

Talon says you have to pick a side, destroy Pasbell or Fizzytopia. I went to Pasbell first and put off having to decide which to destroy.

Then when I go to Fizzytopia, Tess appears and now Pasbell and Fizzytopia are allied? Was this some kind of optional event if Tess was found in the sunny Veryberry Fields?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-03-2020, 06:59 AM   #121
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
I'm so confused!

Talon says you have to pick a side, destroy Pasbell or Fizzytopia. I went to Pasbell first and put off having to decide which to destroy.

Then when I go to Fizzytopia, Tess appears and now Pasbell and Fizzytopia are allied? Was this some kind of optional event if Tess was found in the sunny Veryberry Fields?
Yes, yes it is. After all, the story gives you seemingly no reason to return there during Ch. 3, and sidequesty stuff can easily be put off, so accidentally having her die/ never recover from her wounds is pretty stinking easy.

Old 02-03-2020, 08:40 AM   #122
Sneaze
Mrow?

Sunny? My Tess locked Very Berry into rain.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #123
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

It's confusing though because I talked to Miror but then right afterward it seems like everyone is cool with Fizzytopia. There's a miscommunication somewhere, I think Miror should have some dialogue at least acknowledging what happened or something.

By liquidating my inventory I was able to buy up all the information in Pasbell/Fizzytopia.

I am disappointed that Marion's ultimate weapon is the Bloody Fists. Kuno even said he was going to nerf it, but the fists were so mediocre I'm not even running it.

Marion's stat spread favours defensive item which make her bulky. The Pixie Sword is the best weapon for this, as it boosts both defensive stats AND resistances, making her tanky as fudge.

I don't have LBC because Marion ate her.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-04-2020, 03:42 AM   #124
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

WTF is up with the bears?

I have over 100 Animal Souls and 24 Bear Paws. The Multibear won't appear, I've been killing bears constantly (and in a row!) for the past 45 minutes.

The total number of kills got ABL from Level 57 to Level 60. What is going on?

Here is a bug/invisible wall issue:

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-04-2020, 06:09 AM   #125
Lady Kuno

Quote:
I have over 100 Animal Souls and 24 Bear Paws. The Multibear won't appear, I've been killing bears constantly (and in a row!) for the past 45 minutes.

The total number of kills got ABL from Level 57 to Level 60. What is going on?
It needs a specific number, you did too many.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc