UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 02-01-2018, 05:28 PM   #451
Maskerade
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Maskerade: The pale woman smiles and clasps her hands together in joy at Staryu and Munchlax as they take a seat in front of her. You decide to take the spot offered next to her and prepare your listening ears. Something about her seems familiar, but it is hard to place. Perhaps someone you had seen in passing?

"The Stone Shrine has been here for many, many years..." She starts, looking of into the distance wistfully. As she speaks, Baltoy spins slowly. "This underground shrine was created by the people who were saved by Diancie, the one you see in the mural. Even in my time, that story was ancient history, but I have always found a comfort in this place. I met him when I was a very young girl, and he was always so intriguing to me. He was from far away -- I always wanted to travel you know --, and that red hair...!"
She looks at you, remembering. Munchlax and Staryu turn to look at you as well, and Munchlax points to your hair.
"That's right little one, I'm sure that's how Baltoy mixed you up. Anyway... He wouldn't even notice me at first, always lost in those books!"

You aren't sure if it is Baltoy projecting images into your head again, or because of her talent at storytelling, but you can see the scene play out. A teenage shrine maiden peeking around the corner of the Stone Shrine at a foreign visitor, being teased by a giggling older sister. She goes on and you can see the two of them talking, him teaching secret codes and her teaching poetry. Both of them blushing. Young, starcrossed lovers sneaking away to the isolation of the cave, discovering the secret of the torches on the wall. They look over the mural together in awe, hands interlocked.

"He left one day..." The woman's voice is so quiet, you have to lean in to hear her. Though the story has gotten sad, she still speaks as if it was the most wonderful thing to ever happen to her. "I always meant to go visit him, but I got so caught up with my responsibilities here at the Shrine. I always hoped he would come back, even if everything had changed."

Munchlax is sitting leaning foward with elbows on the ground and chin in his paws. Staryu looks just as interested, its gem sparkling. You had been so invested in the story until you did not notice that Bunnelby had joined the group and was snuggling up to the woman.
"You're kind to listen to an old woman," She looks at you and places a hand on yours. You can't feel it, but you understand the gesture. "Maybe I just needed someone else to know."

It goes dark again. You can sense that it is time to go. The Baltoy lights up and together with Bunnelby it leads you and your Pokemon out back out of the cave and to the entrance. The sun has almost set, the moon slowly rising in the sky. Baltoy spins back into the darkness of the cave and Bunnelby scampers off. A strong gust of wind blows by and you notice a small wrapped package at the entrance of the cave.

You have recieved:
TM 99 Dazzling Gleam
TM 39 Rock Tomb
Cleanse Tag
Heart Scale
Munchlax and Staryu have gained 2 levels!

Hope you enjoyed your adventure Mask! Please continue to adventure in the CG if you'd like! c:
To this day, Rorik does not know the true nature of the woman he met way back then at the cave beneath the Stone Shrine. Was she a spirit? A magician? A... goddess?...

OoC: Picking up my rewards, thank you very much for this lovely, riddle-filled adventure morningstar! ^^
- Teaching TM Dazzling Gleam to my Starmie
- Teaching TM Rock Tomb to my Snorlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Rose Garden: A colorful garden that has been beautifully maintained. Roses among maybe other kinds of flowers of all sorts of colors and shapes make this scenic area a must-see for those who have come to sightsee. The fragrant aroma has made this garden the home for a number of species of grass and bug type Pokemon. The garden is home to one of the trial leaders for the Galea Foothills. (Please reply in springgreen)

He had considered lingering around the Stone Shrine and perhaps see what the resident "trial captain" had to offer in terms of a challenge, but he found himself growing bored of the dry, uneventful vistas and moved on to another area of the Garden, carried by Abaddon. Once the Aerodactyl flew over Rose Garden, however, Hush's interested was peaked once more, and he ordered the prehistoric dragon to land.

He was here not long ago... the 'War of the Roses', they called it. As if these Fizzytopian idiots know anything about war.

Once he dismounted, Abaddon was recalled into his Ball immediately. Hush treasured his angels, but he wasn't keen on the idea of showing his hand before the game had even begun. For now, he would explore the Rose Garden by himself.

A certain Lilligant was supposed to have won that little competition, if I recall from the intel I gathered. If only for that, I expected to see more signs of its influence in this garden... either that was all for show, or the Lilligant is just a weak ruler.

Dry and disillusioned as always, Hush pressed forward, ignoring the beauty of the blossoms that surrounded him. He had more than one reason for being here, but stopping to smell the roses wasn't one of them. Ultimately, he aimed to weed out all that remained of Heiml, even abroad, and to his knowledge, his cousin Rorik Holstadt had journeyed to this same location not long ago. But a more immediate goal was finding the Trial Captain who oversaw this Garden, the one responsible for hosting such a large-scale battle as the War of the Roses while still maintaining order and control over the region. That seemed like a Trainer worth meeting... and beating.

Such absolute freedom... Never had I needed something so badly and not realized it until I got it. I could get addicted to this... this feeling of total liberation.

As he kept walking, Hush burst out into laughter, lost in his thoughts. If anyone had crossed paths with him at that moment, they would've
called him crazy. And actually, they might've been right.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:30 PM   #452
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Stitches: Solemn jumped out of the water and came to you, obviously becoming worried by the urgency at which he was called over. You both watch the strange blue object being slightly jarred by the water rushing by. At your command, Solemn jumps back into the water and steadily builds up speed. He tucks himself into his shell and Tackles one of the rocks. It’s enough to chip the rock slightly and the round blue orb is dislodged. Your Squirtle seems proud of his work and looks over his shoulder at you. When he turns back, the orb is right in his face. Solemn reels back in shock, worried about what would happen if it touched him. The blue object suddenly bobbed under the water, and something larger and round popped up. Two big ears and small cute eyes revealed themselves from under the water. The Pokemon coughed and sputtered. Though it looked to be a Water-Type, it lacked gills and had swallowed a bit of water after being caught on that rock. You and Solemn had saved the poor thing!

The Marill’s face did not show relief and gratitude like you thought it might. Instead, it furrowed up its brows in anger and puffed up its cheeks. It reared back and then Tackled your Squirtle, sending him sliding back in the water. You watched as the Marill dived under the water and then jumped back out, landing on one of the rocks it had originally be stuck on. Solemn recovered from the sudden attack but was blasted with a Water Gun before he could do anything else.

Maskerade: As you land in the Rose Garden, you immediately notice it is rather quiet. Though new to the region, you were aware that this was a rather touristy area. The War of the Roses that had taken place a few months ago had brought record-breaking crowds to garden. The gardeners had barely finished re-sodding the grass that was trampled by the hundreds if not thousands of guests. You paid little attention to the foliage, though the smell of fertilizer was pretty hard to ignore. It was late in the afternoon, and Pokemon that enjoyed basking in the sun were retreating for the day as the shadows grew longer. A flock of noisy Spearow flew by, looking for a place to roost after a long day.

You pass a few tall hedges, one sculpted in the form of a Torterra, a bonsai used as the Grass-types signature tree on its back. There are several more sculpted hedges, but lost in thought you do not take time to think about what they might be. You break the peaceful silence with a laugh, stepping between two rather tall hedges. Your laugh is echoed by a much higher pitched giggle. You’ve almost bumped into someone. A young girl, several inches shorter than you, with a relaxed look on her face. Her blonde hair falls gently past her shoulders and over a white sundress. She holds a sunhat in her arms, almost like hugging a pillow. You notice a pinkish glow about her, and smoke twirling around her ankles. A pink and purple Pokemon is floating by her side, fast asleep, but very much aware that you nearly knocked over its trainer.
“Looks like we found a trainer on our walk today, Ole,” The girl smiles with closed eyes. Her Musharna hums a low note of acknowledgement. “Aren’t we lucky…” She trails off, and you notice the entire interaction she hasn’t looked at you at all. She turns, and heads in the direction of a gazebo with vines delicately wrapped around its columns. Her Musharna follows, emitting a trail of pink, swirling smoke.

morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #453
Sandaa
Yayyy

Apologies for the delay, guys!

Patches:
With Soji the Stufful now officially a part of the team, Patches sought out a place to heal and rest her Pokemon before continuing her journey. Fortunately, as she and her Pokemon left the fighting ring behind, they came upon a marked trail that seemed to lead to a ranger’s cabin in the distance. It was a struggle for Mio to keep her trainer from wandering off the trail and into the open plains, but eventually the wooden house was spotted in the distance.

Once inside, Patches found it to be empty, but the Pokemon healing machine was pretty self-explanatory. As she waited for the machine to do its work, Patches spotted an open kitchen, stocked full of food for people and Pokemon alike. It would probably be best if she took the time to whip up a meal for her and her team before setting off on a new adventure.

A soft “ding” indicated that the healing machine had finished restoring Patches’ Pokemon, so now was as good of a time as ever to bring everyone out to share some lunch. As they ate, Patches took note of a few posters on the wall. They were almost like travel advertisements, pointing to several prominent tourist attractions of the Cloud Garden. There was the renowned waterfall, a dense forest, a fruitful farm, a beautiful yet ancient shrine, and the most vibrant flower garden one has ever seen. On top of that, there was a map detailing how to get to each of these areas, as well as an advert to take on the Cloud Garden’s trial challenges. After lunch was over, Patches would have a big decision to make. The mountain around her was open to explore; it was just now a matter of deciding where to start.

TheKnightsFury:
Rockruff was not in a good state, and Jayson tried to alleviate that with some food and drink. The canine sniffed at the berry for a moment before turning away, eyes focused on the human trying to coax it out. It wasn’t ready to let down its guard just yet, and as Jayson approached it with a plushie in hand, the canine attempted to defend itself, baring its teeth and emitting a low growl. As Jayson’s hand got closer, Rockruff sunk its teeth into the Heatmor Plushie, ripping off its arm in the process. Jayson didn’t falter however, as this was to be expected. After a few moments of causing stuffing to fly about its hiding spot, the Rockruff finally calmed down a little.

As Jayson eased back and gave the creature some space, it quietly bit into the Sitrus Berry and lapped up some water. Rockruff took note of the trainer’s good intentions and inched its nose forward to get a sniff of Jayson’s hand. While it was still wary and wouldn’t hesitate to defend itself at a moment’s notice, Rockruff got to its feet and limped out of its hiding place. As Ajax shined his light on the dog, Jayson could see that its leg wasn’t in a good state. It was better than his initial fears however, as he gently reached out and felt it. Rockruff flinched, clearly favoring the limb and not pleased with the prodding. At the very least, Jayson could tell that the leg wasn’t broken; but badly sprained and bruised.

From here, Jayson would need to figure out how to get out of the cave in order to seek proper medical attention for Rockruff. This cave was like a labyrinth to those without proper illumination, so the rest would fall on Ajax’s shoulders. The Chespin’s light was still dim, but Jayson was able to make out two different paths; one to the left and one to the right. Which way will he go?

Naruxami:
Isaac and Vinny’s tasty lunch as well as the handsome ranger were now in the rearview mirror as they trekked across the plains, heading eastward towards Galea Town. Isaac had been fortunate enough to escape this incident without a citation, and more importantly his life, and to top it all off, he now had a killer story to tell someday in the future. After a short while of walking, their new destination was now in sight; a place that would hopefully be devoid of bears or anything else of the like. Isaac was one to pamper his beloved Leafeon, and if she wanted to stop to smell the roses, then that’s what they were going to do.

The Rose Garden was an architectural masterpiece; renowned for its masterful landscaping and flawless upkeep by some of the best gardeners in all of Fizzytopia. Being located so close to town, the garden was really an ideal tourist spot as people travelled across continents just to view it in person. As Isaac and Vinny entered the garden, Vinny was drawn to the myriad of colors that filled each flowerbed. They headed deeper into the garden, enamored by the tall sunflowers that gazed down at them, each one shining nearly as brightly as the sun above.

Continuing their stroll through the garden, Isaac spotted a teenage girl toiling away as she ripped weeds up from a flowerbed. There was something out of place about her, which Isaac determined to be her clothing. The girl sported a long pink ponytail held up by a scrunchie on the side of her head while she wore some trendy and stylish clothing; a white blouse with a black skirt and a pink sweatshirt tied around her waist. She wore a frilly pink plaid apron to prevent her clothes from getting dirty and had a pair of matching gloves on her hands. A number of accessories and jewelry completed the look that made her appear more like an idol than a gardener.

As the girl turned around to see who the passerby was, her jaw dropped. “Ohmygod, ohmygod,” she whispered, covering her mouth with her hands. In seemingly the blink of an eye, the girl had ripped off her apron and gloves, pulled a compact mirror out of her purse to make sure her makeup hadn’t run, and whipped out her cellphone, covered in a pink case with a few decorative straps dangling from one of the corners. “Ugly Casanova? Is that really you?” she gasped, getting to her feet as she called out Isaac’s old stage name. “I am like, I huge fan of yours! I have all of your albums!” The girl blushed and straightened out her skirt before fixing her hair. “My name is Peony; I’m a gardener here. What brings you to the Rose Garden? If you don’t mind, could I get a selfie with you pretty please?” The girl was going a mile a minute as she could barely contain her excitement. So much so that she didn’t notice some of the weeds in the flowerbed rustling as an Oddish emerged, ready to attack the one who was disrupting its slumber.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #454
Raves
Brains over Brawn.

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Raves: You settle in with your Pokemon, deciding to take in the peace and beauty of your surroundings rather than concern yourself with the group of youths nearby. Your Garchomp gives them an exaggerated smile and wave, to which you hear them laugh and scoff. After they see that you and your Pokemon are not going to pay any attention to them, they lose interest quickly. One of the girls starts to climb a nearby tree and the others cheer her on and tease her about falling.

You are able to block the noise out, especially with the sound of the river rushing by. Totsuka rifles through the basket of goodies and pulls out her share of biscuits. Caladbolg dives to the basket next and after some shuffling of the contents, he cries out in shock and anger. He pulls out up a biscuit that has clearly been torn in half. The Shadow Zangoose is immediately accused, but she shows him that she really has only taken two, whole biscuits. You take a look yourself and try to deduce what could have happened to the other half of the biscuit. There aren’t any Pokemon or people nearby, and you know that your Pokemon would have noticed if some kind of Flying type had come down and snatched it. The only thing that seems out of place is one of the bushes nearby. If you look closely you can tell it has been disturbed, there are several leaves on the ground and a small hole where something must have gone through. On top of that, you hear a loud outburst of laughter from the teens again, and one of them has just returned something into a Pokeball.
The plan of ignoring the teens was easy enough for Alex and Golestandt, while Totsuka remained neutral. Cal's response was met with laughter, but after some time the teens lost interest, a good thing to Alex. The last thing he wanted was any trouble, just a nice bit of relaxation before they made plans for the mountain. As the Zangoose dove into the basket, the dragon was quick to remind her of her quota of biscuits, to which the shadow pokemon gave a half-hearted grunt, well aware of how quickly the Garchomp changed when anything was stupid enough to mess with his food.

As she took her share, Cal quickly dived into the basket as the human sank teeth into a sandwich, but his tranquil mood soured on an all too familiar cry of shock from the pseudo legendary. With both claws grasping, the Mach pokemon pulled out a biscuit that had been snapped in two, looking at Totsuka in accusation. The Zangoose merely raised her brow, and the two biscuit quota she had. "Perhaps it snapped in half during transit?" Alex quizzed as he leaned forward and dug gauntlet into the basket to look for himself, only to discover there was no other half. As he scratched his head, the automaton turned its own to a nearby bush. Ever vigilant, the Golurk noticed the bush was disturbed, loose leaves and dirt evidence of something digging, and as an outburst of laughter caught the group's attention, Alex caught sight of one of the teens recalling something into a ball.

To say Caladbolg was upset would be accurate, and as the Golurk motioned towards the hole, it hit the trainer. "Seems we've got some jokers in the midst..." he sighed, as he reached for the tea flask, only to be stopped by the cold stare of the shadow pokemon. Totsuka did two thing well: nothing, and pranks, and she had just been showed up by some nobodies. She was seething, and this intimidated Alex. As he backed off, he shrugged at his dragon in apology, yet as the normal type examined the scene, she found a way to retaliate for this amateur work.

Gesturing to Alex, the Zangoose pushed the flask towards him, and a short moment later she had a cup of hot tea. Taking a sip confirmed indeed that it was hot. Feigning pain, she waved her paw in front of her mouth, before giving a mewl towards Cal, raising the cup between him and the tree that the girl was climbing. The Garchomp saw her eyes and instantly understood the pokemon wanted the tea cooled down. Taking a deep breath, Cal prepared to blow on the tea, failing to realise that he had taken a breath too much and that his breath would send the tea flying back, and the rest of the technique would generate a rather powerful gust of wind that'd surely give the climber of the tree a considerable case of turbulence. If these kids wanted a prank war, then the Zangoose would deliver, as she was ready to detect and evade the scorching hot liquid.

While these shenanigans were happening, Golestandt took a closer look at the bush and towards the other campsite. The machine's emotion control centre hummed, and he was ready for any escalation in trouble.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #455
Maskerade
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Maskerade: As you land in the Rose Garden, you immediately notice it is rather quiet. Though new to the region, you were aware that this was a rather touristy area. The War of the Roses that had taken place a few months ago had brought record-breaking crowds to garden. The gardeners had barely finished re-sodding the grass that was trampled by the hundreds if not thousands of guests. You paid little attention to the foliage, though the smell of fertilizer was pretty hard to ignore. It was late in the afternoon, and Pokemon that enjoyed basking in the sun were retreating for the day as the shadows grew longer. A flock of noisy Spearow flew by, looking for a place to roost after a long day.

You pass a few tall hedges, one sculpted in the form of a Torterra, a bonsai used as the Grass-types signature tree on its back. There are several more sculpted hedges, but lost in thought you do not take time to think about what they might be. You break the peaceful silence with a laugh, stepping between two rather tall hedges. Your laugh is echoed by a much higher pitched giggle. You’ve almost bumped into someone. A young girl, several inches shorter than you, with a relaxed look on her face. Her blonde hair falls gently past her shoulders and over a white sundress. She holds a sunhat in her arms, almost like hugging a pillow. You notice a pinkish glow about her, and smoke twirling around her ankles. A pink and purple Pokemon is floating by her side, fast asleep, but very much aware that you nearly knocked over its trainer.
“Looks like we found a trainer on our walk today, Ole,” The girl smiles with closed eyes. Her Musharna hums a low note of acknowledgement. “Aren’t we lucky…” She trails off, and you notice the entire interaction she hasn’t looked at you at all. She turns, and heads in the direction of a gazebo with vines delicately wrapped around its columns. Her Musharna follows, emitting a trail of pink, swirling smoke.
Well would you look at that.

In front of him, as if she was just another part of the nauseatingly idyllic scenario, was a little blonde girl accompanied by her Pokémon. She herself seemed to be a bundle of all of youth's virtues, an amalgamation of happiness, innocence and freedom. The kind of traits the world loves to take from you, chew and spit back out at your feet when you become an adult.

Not that Hush had planned on acknowledging the kid, but even if he had, she didn't even look at him as she passed, despite knowing he was there. That, in itself, was enough to peak Hush's interest - perhaps the girl's existence wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, despite her vomit-inducing aura of peacefulness.

I shouldn't be wasting my time with children; they got plenty of time to figure out just how cruel this world really is by themselves, without me around to shatter their dreams. My business here is with the trial captain of Rose Garden, the only one who might keep me entertained...

But still, despite his inner reasoning, he found himself stopping and following the girl and Musharna with his eyes. The two seemed to be headed to a delicately-decorated gazebo further down the garden...

... Ah, screw it! I have to know what that was about. If there really is a droplet of despair to be found in that seemingly perfect existence!

With that, Hush followed the girl and her dream-inducing partner from a distance...

Last edited by Maskerade; 02-14-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:09 PM   #456
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Apologies for the delay, guys!

TheKnightsFury:
Rockruff was not in a good state, and Jayson tried to alleviate that with some food and drink. The canine sniffed at the berry for a moment before turning away, eyes focused on the human trying to coax it out. It wasn’t ready to let down its guard just yet, and as Jayson approached it with a plushie in hand, the canine attempted to defend itself, baring its teeth and emitting a low growl. As Jayson’s hand got closer, Rockruff sunk its teeth into the Heatmor Plushie, ripping off its arm in the process. Jayson didn’t falter however, as this was to be expected. After a few moments of causing stuffing to fly about its hiding spot, the Rockruff finally calmed down a little.

As Jayson eased back and gave the creature some space, it quietly bit into the Sitrus Berry and lapped up some water. Rockruff took note of the trainer’s good intentions and inched its nose forward to get a sniff of Jayson’s hand. While it was still wary and wouldn’t hesitate to defend itself at a moment’s notice, Rockruff got to its feet and limped out of its hiding place. As Ajax shined his light on the dog, Jayson could see that its leg wasn’t in a good state. It was better than his initial fears however, as he gently reached out and felt it. Rockruff flinched, clearly favoring the limb and not pleased with the prodding. At the very least, Jayson could tell that the leg wasn’t broken; but badly sprained and bruised.

From here, Jayson would need to figure out how to get out of the cave in order to seek proper medical attention for Rockruff. This cave was like a labyrinth to those without proper illumination, so the rest would fall on Ajax’s shoulders. The Chespin’s light was still dim, but Jayson was able to make out two different paths; one to the left and one to the right. Which way will he go?

It took some time, but eventually the tenacious little Rockruff warmed up to him. After tearing apart the plushie, the little rock puppa trusted him enough to eat the berry he had presented it with as well as lap up some of the water. With the increased trust, he was able to get a better look at the Rock type's leg, as it limped out of its hole it was clear the injury wasn't as severe as he had expected. The leg was badly bruised and strained, an injury Jayson was familiar with. The best thing for it would be rest, but that wasn't really an option here. The only option he had was to hopefully compress the limb and restrict the swelling. Without bandages, Jayson had only one option, to sacrifice his shirt.

"Arceus damn it", he groaned, "this is one of my favourite shirts." Jayson reluctantly ripped a long strip of fabric off the bottom of his shirt. Kneeling down again, Jayson showed the makeshift bandage to the Rockruff, allowing it to smell it before moving around to secure it around the injured limb. Looking over to Ajax, he could see the Chespin was doing his best to illuminate the room. Unfortunately, all they could make out were two tunnels. "Tomoe", Jayson called out to the Wimpod, "scout ahead down the tunnel on the right, we'll be right behind you." The Wimpod scurried off, not too concerned with the dark. "Rightio little fella, I need to tie this around your leg, it might hurt to start with but it should make it feel a bit better and make it easier for you to walk." Jayson hoped the Rockruff wouldn't lash out at him, the last thing he needed was his arm ripped off.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #457
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Raves: Totsuka had come to the conclusion that this clearly was a prank sent by the rowdy group of teens. Though you still were of the opinion to pay them no mind, your Shadow Zangoose was stirred up enough to start taking revenge. She grabbed the thermos of tea and quickly roped her Garchomp companion into assisting her. Cal took a deep breath in and Blew-back a rather intense gust of wind. Totsuka, senses heightened with Detect, jumped back a bit as a wave of scorching tea splashed over the side of the container and landed on to your picnic blanket.

The whirlwind soared through your campsite and over to the neighboring one. It rustled the boughs of the tree violently. There was a brief shriek and a thud as the girl climbing the tree lost her grip on the shaking tree and hit the ground.
“Which one of you did that!!” The girl pulled herself up and dusted herself off, angrily looking at her mates. “Ugh, look!” She showed them her arm, a large gash running up the length between her wrist and her elbow.
“Wasn’t me!” One of the boys held up a Pokeball. “Staravia was in his ball the whole time, I swear.”
Each of the youngsters defended themselves, confused as to what had just happened. After a moment, it clicked, and they turned to look over at you and your Pokemon.
“HEY!” The girl who had fell yelled. She was stomping over to your campsite, retrieving a Great Ball from a pouch on her waist. “What the hell, are you looking for a fight? I’ll destroy you!” Even though she was clutching her arm in pain, she looked furious, hair a wild mess from your Garchomp’s attack. Blood dripped down onto her torn jeans. She dropped the ball on the ground, and in a flash of light a Pignite appeared. The Fire-Fighting type blew a puff of smoke from its nostrils and locked eyes with Totsuka.

------------

Maskerade: The girl and her Musharna made their way up the steps of the gazebo. She looked to be floating herself with how lightly she stepped across the wooden planks. She took a seat on a fluffy cushion that lined the benches of the gazebo and put her hat back on. You enter the gazebo as well, drawn by her mysterious nature. There’s plenty of room for you to sit as well, but the girl doesn’t make any indication of whether or not you are welcome to do so.

“Hm…” The girl sighs. She absentmindedly runs her hand across some of the vines that wound themselves around the gazebo columns. The look in her eyes tells you that she is in some far-off day dream. Did she even remember you were still here? The Musharna floats by you, and as you get a whiff of its pink smoke you feel a sense of calmness. It hums another low note and releases more of the sweet-smelling smoke, and its making you feel rather tired. You yawn, and begin to find it hard to stand. Before you fall down, you take a seat on a nearby cushion, relaxing as you sink into it.
“You’re using Future Sight aren’t you…” The girl stands and approaches her Pokemon, placing a hand over the area that smoke is pouring from. “Tsk tsk, we haven’t even asked him yet.”
“Muuu…” The Musharna blushes a bit and floats away. The girl approaches you and give a small curtsey.
“I apologize, Ole sometimes gets ahead of himself.” She smiles and closes her eyes again. “You’re here for the trial? I must ask, will you allow my Musharna to assist you? I promise it won’t hurt, it’s quite nice really. We can’t start unless we’re in the right setting, you see.”

morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #458
Patches
Shake it!

Send a message via AIM to Patches
Missingno. Master - You were completely fed up. You've done so much to try and help this farm and you have gotten not a single thanks for your efforts and on top of that there has been a rather troublesome Aipom repeatedly making a fool out of you. Ringo was speechless as you began to yell and tell her off. She also had a lot of annoyance building up inside of her, as a teenager she didn't like it very much when adults tried to talk down to her but at the same time, she was completely lost for words. Even she had to admit to herself that a lot of this really was because of that Aipom, she wasn't blind after all.

Your shouting had gotten Aipom's attention, it had a pretty smug grin on its face as it wiped away a tear that had formed from the laughter. That was when it happened, your angry speech was now over and you suddenly threw a Nest Ball with all of your might, aimed right at the Aipom. Aipom of course, wasn't having any of that. It did a quick little cartwheel and your Nest Ball flew right on past it and was now just laying in the grass. Aipom was now attempting to contain another laughing fit and you were just beginning to come back to your senses, soon you'd realize how bad of an idea that was to begin with so it's probably not a bad thing that the plan failed. But then it happened.

Meanwhile, Miror knew that the Kricketune really needed saving and decided to take matters into his own hands. After asking Dudley for help, he began to dig through the grass with nothing but his bare hands. There was no way he was going to risk using an attack this time after how poorly every single little thing you've all attempted up to this point has backfired. Miror spends most of the time digging through the grass himself, it is only when Kricketune's head is revealed that Dudley had managed to finally get himself over there to help and that was only after a small nudge from Kenny. Working together, it took no time at all to pull Kricketune free. The poor bug type looked completely utterly exhausted. Dudley very carefully began to emit a Healing Pulse toward Kricketune, surely there was no way this could go wrong. At that moment, Aipom decided that it was time to play another one of its tricks. It quickly ran right up to the Nest Ball which had been laying in the grass and Flinged it right at Kricketune with the intention of forcing it inside of the ball before it could be healed. However, it was a moment too slow and while the ball was in the air the healing effects kicked in, making Kricketune extra alert. It saw the ball and immediately smacked it away. Right toward Aipom. Aipom had not expected this and didn't have the chance to react beyond a look of pure horror as the ball collided with it and pulled it in.

The ball shook and shook and shook. It was clear the Aipom was putting up a fight; however, despite still having a sense of humor, the Pokemon was weakened from everything that had occurred leading up to this point and the ball was also shut pretty tight. Too tight. The light fades and all that is heard is a sudden click as everyone had gone dead silent in utter disbelief at this moment. (Congratulations, Gavin captured a level 15 male Aipom with the move Fling!) There is silence for a good while, even the Kricketune isn't saying anything. You are all standing there staring at the Nest Ball that now contains Aipom, you're all even still uncomfortably soaked from the downpour earlier when finally, Ringo breaks the silence. "… Really…? You… Caught it…? Really?? You screamed about how it was ruining your life so much and then you go and catch it so that it's with you forever…" She's scratching her head as she tries to comprehend all of this. Then she begins to look around. "Well it seems that while we were busy with all of this, the rest of the Pokemon decided to leave." After hearing her comment you come back to your sense and look around you. Noticing the remains of smushed berries everywhere, as well as damaged trees and bushes in all directions, but there aren't swarms of Pokemon such as the Rattata's and Kricketot's from earlier. Even Kricketune was just calmly sitting on the grass next to the patch it was pulled from. "Well that's all well and good but it still doesn't explain how all of this even started in the first place… I'm worried they're going to come back…"

--------------------

Marion Ette - Your heart practically stopped as you saw Bia being lured by a fisherman's line. Nothing else mattered to you at this point, all you knew was that you needed to get Bia back, NOW. You yelled at the top of your lungs, it was heard from every direction around the Starline River and even into the Galea Plains. For a brief moment, all of the picnic goers and fisherman dropped what they were doing and there was nothing but dead silence, that is, with the exception of another kind of shout nearby. "W-w-w-wwwhooooaaa!" You glance behind you only to see the woman from before completely fall into the river, now all of her flyers were floating down it as she sat on her bum in the water, without even attempting to get up. She began sobbing pathetically as she sat there, as if her entire world was ending. It wasn't long before people began chatting amongst themselves again, ignoring the woman as well as you.

Bia was playfully dodging each flyer as she swam through the water and back to you. She seemed to find this whole dodging papers thing rather fun so she was intentionally staying in the water but at least she listened as she slowly returned. "Oh no you don't missy! If I'm goin' to fit in with the youngters of these days I've gotta catch me this here ultra rare. I don't know what kind o' spell you've put on it but I saw it first, fair n' square!" The old man who was trying to fish Bia out of the water earlier was clearly not okay with you taking away the Pokemon he had his sights set on. He then reached for his belt and threw a pokeball toward you. It popped open releasing a Magikarp who was now flopping in the grass beside the river. "Alrighty Mr. Lucky, Splash at that there lady. Go on ahead now." Bia was right beside you in the water at this point, chewing on one of the soggy flyers. You were now watching as this Magikarp was, very slowly, flopping in the grass and inching toward you in the least threatening way possible. It even appeared to be breaking a sweat as it attempted to Splash its way across the ground in your direction with a look on its face that almost seemed like it was contemplating all of its life decisions that had led up to this moment. The old man wasn't taking his eyes off of Bia and was getting ready to throw out his lure toward her again.

--------------------

myahoo - Samuel never stopped smiling as you thanked him and asked him for directions. "Ah, yes! Well, if you're headed for the Starline Waterfall so that you can reach the second level there is a cabin on the way and they will be able to heal your Pokemon more efficiently than I could." You listened as he explained, and it seemed to make sense. He finished by pointing toward a path that seemed to have been carved out between the trees leading away from his cabin. "Follow that trail and it will lead you right out to the Galea Plains where you will see a cabin in view as soon as you exit the forest. They'll take good care of your Pokemon for you over there!" With this new knowledge, you said your goodbyes and began to follow the trail as Samuel waved goodbye in the distance from where you started.

The trail wasn't very long, perhaps a couple of miles, but the terrain was flat so it wasn't much of an issue. The sun was, however, beginning to set since you've had quite a long day at this point. You were happy once you reached the Galea Plains, the darkness in the forest was starting to feel a tiny bit creepy and just like Samuel said, you could see a cabin in the not so far distance, it was even illuminated by the lights inside. You hurried on over to it and went inside, you spotted a female ranger behind the counter who was in the middle of blowing a bubble with some bubblegum and it popped the moment your eyes met. "Oh, hey. Wanna heal up?" She had a very laid back attitude, but you did come there for exactly that so you handed your Pokemon over. She quickly restored their health and returned them to you. "This place is pretty much self serve so help yourself to any brochures on the wall over there and if you wanna switch out any of your Pokemon you can use that PC. Also, we have guest rooms in the back if you wanna stay for the night." She seemed nice enough as she explained but the moment she was done she sat back in her chair and picked up a Pokemon fashion magazine and began flipping through it before you could even respond.

You glanced over at the wall that she had pointed out and one of the brochures caught your eye so you walked over and grabbed it to take a closer look. The brochure was all about how to get to the second level and that in order to climb the Starline Waterfall you will need a Pokemon with the Waterfall move which is taught by Marina Swift. As you casually looked over the brochure, you were faced with a decision of what you'd be doing next.

--------------------

Meetan - Your attention was now focused back on Nina, things were extremely chaotic but you weren't going to allow yourself to be distracted again. She was drenched in poison but she was still hanging on and wanting to be the one to take out this opponent, she wasn't about to let it get the better of her. She began to Flail her limps and charged toward Seviper. She smacked it multiple times before it decided to Bite down on one of her paws. She did her best to Endure the damage it caused, she could feel this would be her last chance, anymore hits and she was a goner. With Seviper still attached to her paw she began to Flail once again, this time whipping the snake through the air and smashing it back into the ground, upon impact it was knocked out and loosened its grip. (Nina gains 3 levels) Nina was out of breath and exhausted, she collapsed on the spot, still hanging on but just didn't feel the need to waste the last of her strength on standing. Axel had readied himself to take over for her and was nearby, but it seemed to not be needed after all. Seeing her exhaustion and having already prepared her ball in your hand you decided to return her so she could have some rest.

"Uncle! Uncle!" Greg was still excitedly yelling at the helicopter which had landed quite a bit ago. Ivan was on edge, looking at him it was a strange situation, he had a very brave face on but his hands were visibly shaking as he stared at the helicopter. "Billie." He said to the bear beside him. That was all the Ursaring needed to hear to know Ivan wanted you guarded again and so he walked over and began to hover next to you protectively once again. Axel joined you at your side, also feeling a bit protective. The Pokemon on the truck were slowly unloading, Duchess was conscious again and limping her way out while being supported by Franklin. The adult Skiddo even decided to make an appearance again, charging over the hill it was hiding behind to rejoin with the younger one. However, there wasn't much joy between the two, there was a serious sense of unease with that helicopter there.

The door to the helicopter finally popped open, everyone was tense as an extremely large and buff man in an immaculate suit exited the helicopter. He had a very stern face as he surveyed the ground, noticing the sludge and the crater that had been created. Even the Seviper owner seemed tense, the other man was trapped inside of the truck because of the damage Axel's Blow Back had caused earlier so you couldn't see him. Greg though, he seemed chipper as ever. "Uncle! I gathered a bunch of Pokemon for you just like you wanted!" The buff man's eye twitched out of frustration before he finally spoke while gritting his teeth to hold back his rage. "And what about the part where I said not to draw attention to yourself or the men you were put in charge of?" He gestured at the mess that was impossible to miss. Before Greg could respond, Ivan spoke up. "Who are you!? And what the HELL are you trying to pull by rounding up defenseless Pokemon!?" The man turned his attention toward Ivan for only a moment, a chilling grin spread across his face. "Whatever are you talking about sir?" He slowly approached Ivan while reaching into the pocket of his jacket. Ivan stood firm, not allowing the man to think he would back down. "Mandrake Industries. We are making a positive difference." The man pulled a business card out of his hand and pressed it into Ivan's chest and then glanced toward you and seemed to almost go into a trance as he stared at you long and hard. "Those features… Something about you is very familiar…"

"Boss! It's the police!" The Seviper owner shouts which snaps the man out of it. "Shit." The man says under his breath before shouting and grabbing Gregs arm. "Get into the damn helicopter, idiot!" Greg is thrown into the helicopter and the man gets in afterwards. "W-what about us, boss!?" The Seviper owner begins running toward the helicopter. "To hell with you." And with that, the doors on the helicopter slam shut and the blades begin to spin whipping wind everywhere as it takes off. You and Ivan finally spin around to see the police lights flashing in the not so far distance, the vehicles are driving across the grassy hills at great speed. The Seviper owner grumbles under his breath and returns his Seviper then takes off into the Cloud Forest nearby before either you or Ivan could react to stop him. The man in the truck was doing his best to kick out the window so he could make his escape as well but wasn't having any success.

"Damn!" Ivan shouts out of frustration. The police arrive and several jump out of each vehicle. "I'm pissed that basically everyone got away but I'm happy they're here, although I don't know who called them." Ivan was extremely annoyed at the situation. "Tortlllle!!" Franklin called out, holding Ivan's phone up in the air proudly. "Ah, so that's where my phone was! When did you learn how to call the cops?" Ivan of course didn't get an answer and walked over to talk with the cops who were in the process of arresting the trucker. "Wartortle!" Franklin was grinning ear to ear as he ran up and gave Axel a big hug out of celebration. Joe's Pokemon Tank was making its way over to his collapsed owner and the other Pokemon began to approach you. The Skiddo both began kicking and dancing in front of you with glee while Duchess was slowly limping her way close to you. Once she reached you, she gave you the biggest smile she could manage and you just knew she was thanking you from the bottom of her heart. And then, she fell to the ground right at your feet, finally done trying to hold herself up because she felt like she was finally safe now. Ivan appeared to be finished explaining everything that had happened to the police and was making his way back toward you. Joe was sitting on the ground with an officer speaking to him now. Meanwhile, you were standing in between everything while being completely surrounded by a bunch of Pokemon, you even still had Billie breathing down your neck.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:08 PM   #459
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Missingno. Master - You were completely fed up. You've done so much to try and help this farm and you have gotten not a single thanks for your efforts and on top of that there has been a rather troublesome Aipom repeatedly making a fool out of you. Ringo was speechless as you began to yell and tell her off. She also had a lot of annoyance building up inside of her, as a teenager she didn't like it very much when adults tried to talk down to her but at the same time, she was completely lost for words. Even she had to admit to herself that a lot of this really was because of that Aipom, she wasn't blind after all.

Your shouting had gotten Aipom's attention, it had a pretty smug grin on its face as it wiped away a tear that had formed from the laughter. That was when it happened, your angry speech was now over and you suddenly threw a Nest Ball with all of your might, aimed right at the Aipom. Aipom of course, wasn't having any of that. It did a quick little cartwheel and your Nest Ball flew right on past it and was now just laying in the grass. Aipom was now attempting to contain another laughing fit and you were just beginning to come back to your senses, soon you'd realize how bad of an idea that was to begin with so it's probably not a bad thing that the plan failed. But then it happened.

Meanwhile, Miror knew that the Kricketune really needed saving and decided to take matters into his own hands. After asking Dudley for help, he began to dig through the grass with nothing but his bare hands. There was no way he was going to risk using an attack this time after how poorly every single little thing you've all attempted up to this point has backfired. Miror spends most of the time digging through the grass himself, it is only when Kricketune's head is revealed that Dudley had managed to finally get himself over there to help and that was only after a small nudge from Kenny. Working together, it took no time at all to pull Kricketune free. The poor bug type looked completely utterly exhausted. Dudley very carefully began to emit a Healing Pulse toward Kricketune, surely there was no way this could go wrong. At that moment, Aipom decided that it was time to play another one of its tricks. It quickly ran right up to the Nest Ball which had been laying in the grass and Flinged it right at Kricketune with the intention of forcing it inside of the ball before it could be healed. However, it was a moment too slow and while the ball was in the air the healing effects kicked in, making Kricketune extra alert. It saw the ball and immediately smacked it away. Right toward Aipom. Aipom had not expected this and didn't have the chance to react beyond a look of pure horror as the ball collided with it and pulled it in.

The ball shook and shook and shook. It was clear the Aipom was putting up a fight; however, despite still having a sense of humor, the Pokemon was weakened from everything that had occurred leading up to this point and the ball was also shut pretty tight. Too tight. The light fades and all that is heard is a sudden click as everyone had gone dead silent in utter disbelief at this moment. (Congratulations, Gavin captured a level 15 male Aipom with the move Fling!) There is silence for a good while, even the Kricketune isn't saying anything. You are all standing there staring at the Nest Ball that now contains Aipom, you're all even still uncomfortably soaked from the downpour earlier when finally, Ringo breaks the silence. "… Really…? You… Caught it…? Really?? You screamed about how it was ruining your life so much and then you go and catch it so that it's with you forever…" She's scratching her head as she tries to comprehend all of this. Then she begins to look around. "Well it seems that while we were busy with all of this, the rest of the Pokemon decided to leave." After hearing her comment you come back to your sense and look around you. Noticing the remains of smushed berries everywhere, as well as damaged trees and bushes in all directions, but there aren't swarms of Pokemon such as the Rattata's and Kricketot's from earlier. Even Kricketune was just calmly sitting on the grass next to the patch it was pulled from. "Well that's all well and good but it still doesn't explain how all of this even started in the first place… I'm worried they're going to come back…"
Slowly, Gavin's rage subsided, allowing calmness and common sense to trickle back into his head. He looked at the Aipom, and he looked at the Nest Ball on the ground, and it dawned on him just what he'd attempted. "Whoa," Gavin breathed. "Dodged a bullet there, that's for damn sure..."

Except not really. Gavin really should have went and picked back up that Nest Ball when he had the chance, but rather, he chose to watch as Miror and Dudley freed Kricketune from the thick grass. And for once, something seemed to be actually going right for them. Surely there was no way Aipom could screw this one, up, right?

...Right?

Gavin almost instinctively turned to look at Aipom, and upon doing so, saw something that wiped any trace of a smile clean off his face. It was Aipom, grabbing the Nest Ball, and Flinging it at Kricketune! "Motherfu-" began Gavin, but before he knew what was happening, everything seemed to happen all at once. Dudley unleashed Heal Pulse. Kricketune was healed by Heal Pulse. Getting healed by Heal Pulse made Kricketune much more alert and aware. Fully aware of the Nest Ball flying its way, Kricketune smacked the ball, sending it flying away from it, and...

...right... towards... Aipom.

Gavin's eyes widened as he noticed this, gaining a similar look of horror to what the Aipom was wearing when it was sucked into the ball. Once again rendered speechless, Gavin could only watch as the Nest Ball shook wildly, displaying Aipom's clear reluctance to remain inside. And yet, despite Gavin's best hopes, the ball clicked shut.

Gavin didn't react as Ringo questioned his logic. He stared at the Nest Ball, mouth opening and closing like a Remoraid out of water. "...I was the last human to touch that Nest Ball," he said disbelievingly. "Which... which means... that now this Aipom belongs to me..." he groaned.

Miror picked up the Nest Ball containing his new teammate, and handed it up to Gavin. "Rrrractus," he said.

Gavin gave a deep sigh as he accepted the ball. "Well... I suppose now at least Aipom can't pull any more shit on this farm... Gah, I can't think about this right now," he sighed as he minimized the Nest Ball and clipped it to his belt. Instead, he turned to Ringo, who was remarking on the Pokémon possibly returning, and wondering how all this started in the first place. "Yeah, well, that's why I came here in the first place," said Gavin. "Met this weird old man out on the Galea Plains who was selling crap knockoffs of held items to Pokémon and charging them Nanab Berries for them. And he was really hyping this stuff up- I'm talking he was hyping up a bunch of rotten apple cores like they were some supercharged version of Leftovers. So yeah- plan A was to try and get the Pokémon to realize this was a scam. As you probably guessed by now, that was a flop. And... I'll be honest, I don't got a plan B here," he shrugged. "So right now, if you got any ideas, I'm all ears." As he spoke, Miror and Dudley returned to their Trainer's side. Neither of them could think of anything, and from the look in his eyes, neither could Kenny.

Code:
Gavin used Nest Ball!

----

All right! Aipom was caught!

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles