UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2018, 05:09 AM   #226
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,754
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Gemini Spark- You search for a nearby clearing and quickly find one, Wendy would surely have no trouble finding you there. You wait for a few minutes and then for a few more, but the Salamence didn't appear. You could still hear her roaring, but she didn't seem to be looking for you. Then you hear something else, the cracking of branches, followed by a pained cry for help. Not from a Pokemon though, it was a person crying out for help.

"Do you think Wendy would eat someone?" Emily questions, letting out a quick giggle before shifting back to a serious face. "We better get over to her and see what is up." It doesn't take long to locate the Salamence, Nissa and Henrietta work together to scout ahead and lead you to her. The Dragon seems to be in the possession of a new toy, a man dressed in black dangles upside down, his right leg lodged in the Salamence's mouth.

As Wendy turns to face you, the man sees you as well and begins to shout for help. "Help me! This beast attacked me out of nowhere!" Wendy let out a growl, seeming to disagree with the man's statement as she gives him a little shake.

"That Salamence was guarding my ranch, what exactly were you doing there?" Emily begins to question the man, turning to you she whispers in your ear. "I don't trust this guy, Wendy must have chased him for a good reason, perhaps we should interrogate him?" The girl seems concerned, perhaps aware that if this man was sent to her ranch, then her parents might be in trouble.
There was a clearing right nearby, but as Hyrem and Emily waited for Wendy, she...wasn't going there. Yet her roaring was quite clear, and as Hyrem in particular listened he began to recognize her vocalizations as ones she would make while chasing after something. Suddenly, the loud cracking of branches could be heard, and a distressed yell followed right after, but it was from a human, not a Pokemon.

"Do you think Wendy would eat someone?" asked Emily, trying to hide a giggle.
"Heh, I wouldn't put it past her," Hyrem chuckled. "I may have told her not to eat your Seismitoad, but I didn't say she couldn't eat anything else!"
"We better get over to her and see what is up."

Nissa and Henrietta both went into action, following the human screams as the two Pokemon led the two young adults right to where Wendy was as she was busy holding a man in black upside down in her jaws, figuring out what to do with him when she saw everyone approach. *Good girl!* Hyrem thought, smiling as he got off his vehicle and head to Wendy and her catch.

"Help me! This beast attacked me out of nowhere!" said the goon, with Wendy grunting in disagreement before jerking her head a bit to shake him and get him to shut up for a brief moment. "That's not what she says," retorted Hyrem.
"That Salamence was guarding my ranch, what exactly were you doing there?" Emily added before whispering in Hyrem's ear. "I don't trust this guy, Wendy must have chased him for a good reason, perhaps we should interrogate him?"

Hyrem simply nodded before walking up closer to the thug. "Well? Are you going to answer my friend? Or should my other friend here give you a good once over? Maybe you'll get lucky and she won't think of you as edible, but I wouldn't hold my breath, I've seen her stomach worse things." Wendy sported a dark smirk before shifting her jaws higher up the man's leg. "And while you're at it," he adds, pulling out the business card he received earlier before showing the information to the man, though out of arm's reach so he couldn't simply swipe the card or swat it out of his hands, "does this mean anything to you? Trent Connors...is this your name or the name of who you work for?" Another thought occurred to him as he looked up to his Salamence. "Oh yeah, was there anyone else with this guy, or was it just him?"
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 01-16-2018 at 05:20 AM.
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #227
Naru
Give me everything I want
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 556
TKF


Although you could feel that there was something Sylvi wasn't telling you, you decided to push it to the back of your mind. It wasn't like it was extremely important at this point anyways, besides, there had to be some sort of reason why the bard would refuse to tell you such a fact about herself. She seemed like a meager damsel in distress when you first encountered her, now you had to wonder if that what all just a farce she created to lure you here. Her fear certainly seemed genuine upon first arriving --- but now you had to wonder if she was just a brilliant actress. It was clear that she had one strong Pokemon, that handsome Rapidash that was stationary next to Boudicca was certainly something. Seeming to realize you were thinking of her, Sylvi's head perked up. Smiling in your direction as you call back your Mudsdale and Decidueye. She does the same with her Rapidash, gently rolling it's Pokeball into her bag. As you send out your two spiky grass types, she smiles, chuckling to herself.

"They're so cute!" She seems especially fond of Ajax, who was running around looking for something to fight. She reached into her bag, fumbling for a Pokeball of her own to meet your new duo. A small heal ball comes out of the pack, which she tosses forwards. In a brilliant flash of white light, a medium sized dog Pokemon arises from it. It's rather cute, standing on four legs and barking playfully at your Pokemon. It has rocks around it's neck and extremely sleeked back fur, it appears as though this is one of the evolutions of Rockruff --- ready to thunder it's way through the castle with you. "You be good, Percy." She commanded the dog Pokemon, causing it to sit and wait for it's masters commands. As you continued looking at the map, you spotted a point you wanted to head to.

"Oh the armory?" Sylvi looked at the map, and then back towards you. "It looks like that's just off the trophy room, it might take a little while to get over there." She smiled, "I'm sure you have time to spare though." You had to admit, Slyvi was actually pretty open to the idea of exploring. Much different from how she was when you first arrived here with her, it made you wonder more about the unusual bard. Why was she here? Where was she from? And why did she have a map of the castle and seem to know it's ins and outs? It was a little bizarre.

Sylvi signaled to the dog, and it began to lead the way, keeping it's nose to the ground. As you made your way back into the castle, Sylvi turned her head back towards you. "You know, I never really asked about you." She began, "I know you wanted to explore the castle... but what did you intend to find here? Even the people of the bayou avoid this place... why would an outsider be so keen to see it?" Her voice conveyed a sense of distrust, and as you entrenched yourself deeper into the castle walls you had to wonder if Sylvi was being captured by the madness.

Upon arriving at the armory, you saw a few suits of armor standing against the wall. Dusty from years of neglect, a few cobwebs hung off the once well polished steel. The emblem of the king was emblazoned on each and every one of them, reminding you of the grim events that occurred here. Silence was all you could hear, no noise of Pokemon or anything of the like. A training dummy sat it the center of the room, deep gashes in the oak wood that made up it's body. Various weapons hung on the wall, none having a mater in sight. Sylvi approached one in particular, a beautiful silver rapier with a ruby plated handle. Oddly enough, this weapon seemed to be in perfect shape --- no dust covering it, almost as though it had been used recently. A beautiful crystal is resting in the pommel of the sword, and it seems to resonate as Sylvi gets closer to it. Just as Sylvi is about to grab the sword, a roar can be heard from the trophy room nearby.

"What on Earth was that..?" Sylvi turns slowly, directing her head to the origin of the noise. Her hand is still hovering over the sword, ready to grab it if she needs to.

That was a rather earth shaking roar, should you investigate? What do you do?

Lit


The being did not respond to your outburst, it simply stood motionless --- watching as you cried out. Were you wasting your breath? Was this where you were finally going to expire? As the twisted amalgamation of black shapes watched you, you noticed that glint of a smile grow ever wider. It was mocking you, enjoying the way you twisted yourself and cried out when it shoved you in there. It had your life in it's hands, and it was fully aware of this fact. Exercising it's ability to bring that blade down at any given moment. The blade itself was probably caked in rust and old blood, the blood of those that expired under the mad king's rule. Were you looking at him? Was he what was doing this to you? You couldn't be sure, but those eyes had a glimmer of malice and madness to them. You eyes conveyed something else, the spite and anger that fueled your very being.

As you cried out once again, a figment from your past appeared in front of you. It was shocking for you to say the least, as you attempted to grasp hold of this figment... it became clear it was just Wisp. Wisp looked helpless, concern clear in it's eyes. However, as you apologized and pleaded, another idea came into your head. Fire was your salvation, and you made the creature aware of this. It's eyes narrowed in the darkness, and it seemed to move slightly. Coming more towards you, it placed a black hand with long purple tendrils coming out of it near your face. It spat at you, filling you to the brim with Spite.


F͉̗̺͕̼̞̋ͧ̌ͧ̒̀̉O̶̜̝̣͎̫̱̝̝ͦ̂ͧ̏͌̂̋́̚͢Ǫ̷̼͗̓̂̇̇ͨLͪ̊̄͘҉ ͖͈̱̙̹,̳̹̩͈̠̿̈́̌̂͊̊̃ͅ ̸͔̼̘͓̽́ͯ͆F̙̖ͤ̔I̷̷̱͕̥͙̋͌̅R̝̉̑ͫ͢Ḙ̟̲̙̜̎̋̎̊̃͑̋ͫ͘ ̥͔ͧ̉͘͝I̶ͨ̂̇̐͏͙̮S̊ͯ̊͒̅̌͋̚͏̡̟̣͕̤̳͎̬͚ ̡̫̮͎̮̟ͦ̓͠Ņ̠̜͓̪̤̽̉ͣ̽̅̈͗̄Ǫ̵͚͕̱̅ͧ̽̄ͬ̓ͦ̂͠T̸ͨͭ̾͆̐ͣ͊͂͝ ͖̖̻͉̱̮ͅͅ ̓͑ͮ̔̾̌͒̚͏͚̬͘F̵̢̤̩͔͉̮̜͐̅ͬ̆͛ͪ̽O̪̺͚̪̙̗͗ͮ̚Ŗ̽̂̾́̓̈́͏̮̯̹ ̝̺̪̬ ̶̥̤̠͚̻̦̯̖̓ͯ͜Y͇͕̒̐ͦͤ̈́̄O̡̓̊͒̍̀͏̰̣̯̬̟̼Ư̠̲̮̥̻͍͆͂͘͝.̎̐ ̢̡̱̙͙̞͈̻̩̞̒̿͌ͣ̈́ͨ͡


It shrieked, causing your ears to ring with the sheer force of it's words. However, it seemed that Wisp took your hint. It quickly blasted the guillotine with fire, causing it to burst into flames. The flames engulfed the old and decaying wood quickly, surrounding you with alarming speed.

I really hope you have a plan, or you might be toast. (Literally) What do you do?

morningstar


You had not even made up your mind about what path to take before the little egg Pokemon began running towards the long foreboding darkness to your right. You hurried after him, intending to make sure that no harm came to him. As you walked down the dimly lit hallway, you noticed portraits of various people adorning the walls. It was safe to assume the these were the former inhabitants of the castle, looming over you as you walked through the halls and rooms that were once theirs. Their uniforms bore an odd symbol, presumably the emblem of the king. One portrait stuck out to you, and you assumed it was supposed to --- based on it's grand size and positioning at the center of the hallway. It portrayed an old man, blackened bear with a kind expression in his eyes. Was this the mad king? He certainly didn't look as bad as everyone claimed, you had to wondering if all these words were just farce. A folly made to deter people from exploring this beautiful castle, although you still had to wonder why it had been abandoned in such a hurry.

The hallway turned to the left upon observing the portrait, leading to a large stairwell. It went up, leading to a second floor in the castle. You made sure to tell your Togepi to be extra careful, if the main floor had open cracks in the walls; you were almost positive that the floor would be decaying and decrepit as well. Upon setting foot on the second floor, you noticed a few rooms. A rather large and grand room, a broken bed with the floor crashed in underneath it. It was amazing that the hole room had not fallen to the depths below at this point. The next room looked like a baby's room --- the walls painted a golden yellow with stunning fleece curtains plastered near the window. Despite the years of neglect, this room was in rather nice shape. The last room was simple, an incomplete spare room of sorts, a large gash was torn in the side of the room, causing a clean hole to get back down.

As you ponder what room to go in, you see a light shining in the master bedroom --- as you go to approach your Togepi tugs on your pant, alerting you to something moving in the child's room.

What do you do?


Patches


Mio was horrified, her master was as oblivious as usual. While you stood there contemplating how you could use your souvenir pumpkin to aid your situation, Mio sprung into action --- attacking the creature with a play nice and twisting the terrain around her to more of the electric variety before attacking the amalgamation with a thunderbolt. The creature howled in response, it's gaping maw making a horrible cracking noise as it spun towards Mio. It didn't have to try very hard to give Mio a Scary face, causing the Pokemon to sweat even more profusely. As Mio backed up in fear from the scary face, the creature Pursued her --- causing some damage to the poor Pikachu.

Mio then noticed something odd, when her thunderbolt had hit the creature it's flesh began to ripple. Almost as though it was some sort of illusion. As it continued to ripple, Mio noticed that the creature was shrinking --- and what appeared in it's place was a small black fox. A red tuff of hair on the top of it's head and the tips of it's feet. It looked as though that monster was actually a Zorua! It must have been attempting to scare people away from it's habitat by using that horrific illusion. As Mio sighed in relief, the Zorua barked angrily at Patches and herself. It was unhappy to be attacked, and extremely upset that Mio had broken the illusion it worked so hard to create. It hissed at the Pikachu, running towards her and Scratching her face.

Both Pokemon are looking pretty okay at the moment, The Zorua mostly just looks upset and angry. What do you do?
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:42 PM   #228
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
TKF


Although you could feel that there was something Sylvi wasn't telling you, you decided to push it to the back of your mind. It wasn't like it was extremely important at this point anyways, besides, there had to be some sort of reason why the bard would refuse to tell you such a fact about herself. She seemed like a meager damsel in distress when you first encountered her, now you had to wonder if that what all just a farce she created to lure you here. Her fear certainly seemed genuine upon first arriving --- but now you had to wonder if she was just a brilliant actress. It was clear that she had one strong Pokemon, that handsome Rapidash that was stationary next to Boudicca was certainly something. Seeming to realize you were thinking of her, Sylvi's head perked up. Smiling in your direction as you call back your Mudsdale and Decidueye. She does the same with her Rapidash, gently rolling it's Pokeball into her bag. As you send out your two spiky grass types, she smiles, chuckling to herself.

"They're so cute!" She seems especially fond of Ajax, who was running around looking for something to fight. She reached into her bag, fumbling for a Pokeball of her own to meet your new duo. A small heal ball comes out of the pack, which she tosses forwards. In a brilliant flash of white light, a medium sized dog Pokemon arises from it. It's rather cute, standing on four legs and barking playfully at your Pokemon. It has rocks around it's neck and extremely sleeked back fur, it appears as though this is one of the evolutions of Rockruff --- ready to thunder it's way through the castle with you. "You be good, Percy." She commanded the dog Pokemon, causing it to sit and wait for it's masters commands. As you continued looking at the map, you spotted a point you wanted to head to.

"Oh the armory?" Sylvi looked at the map, and then back towards you. "It looks like that's just off the trophy room, it might take a little while to get over there." She smiled, "I'm sure you have time to spare though." You had to admit, Slyvi was actually pretty open to the idea of exploring. Much different from how she was when you first arrived here with her, it made you wonder more about the unusual bard. Why was she here? Where was she from? And why did she have a map of the castle and seem to know it's ins and outs? It was a little bizarre.

Sylvi signaled to the dog, and it began to lead the way, keeping it's nose to the ground. As you made your way back into the castle, Sylvi turned her head back towards you. "You know, I never really asked about you." She began, "I know you wanted to explore the castle... but what did you intend to find here? Even the people of the bayou avoid this place... why would an outsider be so keen to see it?" Her voice conveyed a sense of distrust, and as you entrenched yourself deeper into the castle walls you had to wonder if Sylvi was being captured by the madness.

Upon arriving at the armory, you saw a few suits of armor standing against the wall. Dusty from years of neglect, a few cobwebs hung off the once well polished steel. The emblem of the king was emblazoned on each and every one of them, reminding you of the grim events that occurred here. Silence was all you could hear, no noise of Pokemon or anything of the like. A training dummy sat it the center of the room, deep gashes in the oak wood that made up it's body. Various weapons hung on the wall, none having a mater in sight. Sylvi approached one in particular, a beautiful silver rapier with a ruby plated handle. Oddly enough, this weapon seemed to be in perfect shape --- no dust covering it, almost as though it had been used recently. A beautiful crystal is resting in the pommel of the sword, and it seems to resonate as Sylvi gets closer to it. Just as Sylvi is about to grab the sword, a roar can be heard from the trophy room nearby.

"What on Earth was that..?" Sylvi turns slowly, directing her head to the origin of the noise. Her hand is still hovering over the sword, ready to grab it if she needs to.

That was a rather earth shaking roar, should you investigate? What do you do?

As the small party made their way towards the armory, Sylvi continued to question Jayson, while he continued to question whether Sylvi was who she said she was. She also reveal that she was in possession of more than one Pokemon, surprising Jayson slightly with the appearance of a Lycanroc. "I honestly was just interested in exploring a castle. I figured it would be a pretty cool place to train, although if I'm being honest I was hoping there would be someone here to battle, not just wild Pokemon. I've been searching for a place like this to set up a base in, obviously not here, but I figured a castle might have kept track of other fortifications. If I could track down a map or something, it would make my search much easier."

As they entered the armoury, the first thing that caught Jayson's eye were the suits of armour. He immediately approached them, assessing their size to see if one would fit him. "Hey Sylvi do you think anyone would mind if I took one of these?" When the girl didn't reply, Jayson turned to see what she was doing. Sylvi's eyes were locked on a shiny silver rapier, a glistening crystal was set in its pommel. As she reaches out to grab the sword, a roar comes from the adjacent trophy room, surprising them both.

Jayson has to act quickly as Ajax immediately goes to rush into the room. Grabbing onto the Chespin, he gives it a scolding. "Don't be stupid, you don't know what that is or how strong it is. Never go running into battle without a strategy. The Chespin gives his trainer a nod, he wouldn't make that mistake again. "Alright let's see if we can set a trap for whatever it is. Iron Maiden, roll out there and set a Stealth Rock up, then when whatever it is approaches you, wrap it up with a Leech Seed. Ajax, wait in the doorway as you boost yourself with a Curse, then show yourself when Iron Maiden launches her Leech Seed, adding a Leech Seed of your own to really restrict it." Jayson then turned to Sylvi, drawing his sword from its scabbard. "Hang back until we work out what we're up against, then we might need the aid of you and you're Lycanroc. This sounds tougher than that wayward blade, we could have a real fight on our hands." Jayson prepared himself, he was eager for a tough fight.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:51 PM   #229
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post

morningstar


You had not even made up your mind about what path to take before the little egg Pokemon began running towards the long foreboding darkness to your right. You hurried after him, intending to make sure that no harm came to him. As you walked down the dimly lit hallway, you noticed portraits of various people adorning the walls. It was safe to assume the these were the former inhabitants of the castle, looming over you as you walked through the halls and rooms that were once theirs. Their uniforms bore an odd symbol, presumably the emblem of the king. One portrait stuck out to you, and you assumed it was supposed to --- based on it's grand size and positioning at the center of the hallway. It portrayed an old man, blackened bear with a kind expression in his eyes. Was this the mad king? He certainly didn't look as bad as everyone claimed, you had to wondering if all these words were just farce. A folly made to deter people from exploring this beautiful castle, although you still had to wonder why it had been abandoned in such a hurry.

The hallway turned to the left upon observing the portrait, leading to a large stairwell. It went up, leading to a second floor in the castle. You made sure to tell your Togepi to be extra careful, if the main floor had open cracks in the walls; you were almost positive that the floor would be decaying and decrepit as well. Upon setting foot on the second floor, you noticed a few rooms. A rather large and grand room, a broken bed with the floor crashed in underneath it. It was amazing that the hole room had not fallen to the depths below at this point. The next room looked like a baby's room --- the walls painted a golden yellow with stunning fleece curtains plastered near the window. Despite the years of neglect, this room was in rather nice shape. The last room was simple, an incomplete spare room of sorts, a large gash was torn in the side of the room, causing a clean hole to get back down.

As you ponder what room to go in, you see a light shining in the master bedroom --- as you go to approach your Togepi tugs on your pant, alerting you to something moving in the child's room.

What do you do?

Croquette's little feet tip tapped on the creaky floors of the old castle as Athena followed. She looked away from him for a moment to take a look at the paintings on the wall. Her eyes landed on a portrait of a regal looking man. She of course knew the name of the castle, and at least a little bit of its history. Though the king in the picture did not look terribly mean, Athena still felt uneasy. Perhaps this portrait was done in a happier time, before everyone decided to abandon this place.

Her Togepi rounded the corner and Athena hurried after him. He was already attempting to climb a step on his own, having some difficulty with his round body. Athena helped him up each step and they slowly made their way to the top of the stairs, thankfully without any injuries. On the second floor, trainer and Pokemon looked into each room. Croquette didn't seem interested enough to go inside of any of them, and if Athena was taking too long looking at one thing he chirped a few times to get her attention and move her along. The rooms were in different states of array, the last with a huge hole in the floor. Athena had the horrible image of Croquette falling right into that hole. A light further down the hall caught her eye, why was there a light on in this place if it was abandoned?

"Pipi pi..." Croquette mumbled as he tugged on Athena's boot. Athena noticed he was gesturing to the child's room. She thought he might have spotted something he wanted to play with, but then she saw movement. Her heart caught in her throat, but she didn't want to scare her Pokemon. It had to be a wild Pokemon, what else would hang out in this creepy old place? She gestured for Croquette to go ahead and enter the room, following in step with him and ready to grab him and go if they needed.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #230
134
Not gonna fight you.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The end of the line.
Posts: 946


Le Cimetière des Cœurs Oubliés

Balmund: You're practically the perfect guest -- polite, charitable, and deferential -- which only renders it all the more bewildering that you are not in the least bit well-received. Amelie's father considers your request with a scowl on his face, fork and knife poised in the air. He did not intend to host you, but you're here regardless, and it would be rather unbecoming if he did not show a certain graciousness. He had a reputation to maintain, after all.

"If you like," he finally dismisses, flicking his hand -- and his fork -- slightly, before returning to his breakfast. He lifts a portion of egg to his mouth, taking his time to chew and swallow before resuming his train of thought. "Amelie can show you the grounds after breakfast. I daresay people will talk when they see the two of you together, but if she wishes to behave as a strumpet, she will have to reap the consequences."

Amelie's face remains placid; if her words are true, then she has endured this breakfast -- and her father's cruelty -- innumerable times. You can only assume that she has grown numb to the abuse. More telling, however, is the way her mother's face falls, eyes dropping to her plate. Though it is not a high bar to hurdle, this woman has been the kindest out of all of Amelie's family towards you, Amelie, and even the Ghost-types; not so much cruel as put-upon, and exhausted. It likely isn't easy to live under the patriarchy of her husband.

"Geoffrey..." She pleads, her voice small and quiet. She swallows, before putting more energy into her words. "Perhaps it isn't so terrible? It's only a friend..."

"Mathilda, please," he says, curtly, as if shutting down an unruly child, rather than his own wife. "Her behavior is unseemly. She needs to hear it. You never went gallivanting around with young men at her age."

"No, I suppose I didn't," Mathilda sighs, defeated. For a fraction of a second, Amelie looks truly sad, eyes fixed on her mother. It was hardly a grand defense of her honor, but at least the woman had acted in some small way on behalf of the child she had given birth to.

In the kitchen, Brantley has made something of a grave error: he's turned his back upon Iskra and Yuki. Having busied himself at the sink, he has begun to wash the utensils he had used to prepare the food for the Pokémon, and does not take notice of Iskra's mischief, though Yuki does, giggling eerily to herself.

What will you and Iskra do?

134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #231
Serverus Snope
Pokemon Trainer
 
Serverus Snope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: The Eiffel Tower in Rome, the City of Brotherly Love
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by =134 View Post
Le Marais Sacré de Celebi - The Sacred Swamp of Celebi[INDENT]Marécage Noir is shrouded in dark clouds seemingly endlessly, but there is one place for which the sky is always clear: the sacred swamp of Celebi. Though the water is dark with tannins, it doesn't ever seem to stagnate. It's cool to the touch, with a pleasant, earthy smell. Thick trees, seemingly older than time itself, grow from its dark depths, with gnarled trunks and twisty roots which jut up at odd angles. Here, a plethora of Pokémon can be found of all sorts of types; Bug, Flying, Grass, Water -- even some Poison types call this ethereal swamp their home. The sun is seemingly always shining here. Named for the Mythical Pokémon Celebi, there is a legend that this area thrives so beautifully in such an otherwise dark and murky place due to the influence of the Time Travel Pokémon, and that causing harm to the sacred swamp will result in bad fortune. Locals often bring offerings of food in respect to the land and to Celebi, hoping for blessings and good favor, and even perhaps a chance to meet Celebi itself. Please reply in SpringGreen.
A soft step. A light tap on the a root below. A short hop over a puddle. Makoto wandered through the Scared Swamp of Celebi,
his delicate footwork avoiding whatever pits and puddles he could in the swamp. In his hands was a neatly-wrapped bag.

His attempt to find a psychic-type pokemon was his main goal, but he had to remember his passions too. Befriending one of the local pokemon here could help him with producing ingredients, finding them, or preparing recipes. Maybe the offering he was carrying could better his chances: some pecha berries for the elusive Celebi. Whether it would bring him good fortune here or in life in general, or even if neither happens and Celebi just gets a free snack, at least someone benefits.

The verdant branches dancing above vaguely reminded him of Fizzygarden Park, but that and the green hues were the only qualities the two seemed to share. The greenery seemed so neat and trim in comparison to this swamp's warped trees. In fact, he wasn't sure he was anywhere near New Fizz City. Was he even in the same region? The same country? The same dimension?

Okay, maybe not another dimension, but this place felt like something straight out of a fairy tale or a fantasy novel. Overgrown trees, bent with age and flowing with ancient magic. Makoto was no fantasy aficionado,
but it did remind him of a snippet of a tale he heard. Now he couldn't help but wonder if an elderly spirit would awaken in one of these trees and start talking to him. Even if that didn't happen, a run-in with Celebi would feel almost as unreal.

Makoto continued on his way, a sense of whimsy animating him.
__________________
↑ & ↓ & ↻
º~Fizzy Bubbles Character Files~º
Serverus Snope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #232
Patches
Shake it!
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 489
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
Patches


Mio was horrified, her master was as oblivious as usual. While you stood there contemplating how you could use your souvenir pumpkin to aid your situation, Mio sprung into action --- attacking the creature with a play nice and twisting the terrain around her to more of the electric variety before attacking the amalgamation with a thunderbolt. The creature howled in response, it's gaping maw making a horrible cracking noise as it spun towards Mio. It didn't have to try very hard to give Mio a Scary face, causing the Pokemon to sweat even more profusely. As Mio backed up in fear from the scary face, the creature Pursued her --- causing some damage to the poor Pikachu.

Mio then noticed something odd, when her thunderbolt had hit the creature it's flesh began to ripple. Almost as though it was some sort of illusion. As it continued to ripple, Mio noticed that the creature was shrinking --- and what appeared in it's place was a small black fox. A red tuff of hair on the top of it's head and the tips of it's feet. It looked as though that monster was actually a Zorua! It must have been attempting to scare people away from it's habitat by using that horrific illusion. As Mio sighed in relief, the Zorua barked angrily at Patches and herself. It was unhappy to be attacked, and extremely upset that Mio had broken the illusion it worked so hard to create. It hissed at the Pikachu, running towards her and Scratching her face.

Both Pokemon are looking pretty okay at the moment, The Zorua mostly just looks upset and angry. What do you do?
Mio's mouth hangs open as she stares at the small fox in front of her. "Oh how CUTE!!!" Patches has fallen in love with it already. "This is a really good look for you! I mean, you were cute before too but this is extra cute! I hope to someday transform just like you did! I didn't even know people could do that... How freaking cool!" She practically has hearts in her eyes as she imagines herself becoming small, fluffy, and cute. Mio on the other hand, is not one bit impressed. She was scared for her life because this Pokemon had the audacity to purposely make itself look super creepy. They are in some underground cavern and that's scary enough and this Pokemon had to go and make it that much worse. And where the hell was Kiku!?

Mio was fired up, she was going to take this thing down. No one scares her to death and then scratches her face and gets away with it. But suddenly, something extremely unexpected happens. Patches runs over and bends down to get a better look at the human that transformed into a small fluffy Pokemon when suddenly, her bag tilts. Two things tumble out of the bag, the first is a Fire Stone and the second is a pokeball, and upon impact on the ground, the button is pressed causing it to burst open revealing Hana the Eevee. "Oh! Hey Hana!" Patches greets her Pokemon that she wasn't expecting to see. "Ee?" Hana is a little confused and tries to take in her surroundings but suddenly, she steps on something and everything happens so fast that no one can even react. "Pika!?" Mio is shocked. Hana is glowing and transforming in front of everyone's eyes. Once the light finally dissipates, what remains is no longer an Eevee but a Flareon! "Flare!?!!?" Hana squeaks. She is still trying to process what just happened.

"Oh Hana! You can transform too! Can you become a human!?" Patches is pretty unfazed. Mio sighs but accepts that it is what it is. But now, she's also feeling excited. There is not a single Pokemon on their team that loves to battle more than Hana does and in her new form she will be able to annihilate that horrible Pokemon in a flash. "Pika pi pi pika." Mio begins to explain the situation to Hana, letting her know that she's here to fight. The normally shy Pokemon always gets fired up at the thought of a battle so her demeanor instantly changes. Suddenly a smug grin spreads across her face and she looks at the Zorua with a thirst for blood. "Flareon!" Her eyes are shining as she stares down her opponent. She figures she'll start slow. Drag this out a bit. This way she can enjoy this for even longer. She kicks at the ground in order to Attack the Zorua with Sand and then while its blinded she will Tackle it down and blow some Embers in its face. She could hardly contain herself as she pictured it all in her mind, she shivered in delight as she imagined experiencing the real thing.


Hana the Eevee has evolved into Flareon!
Hana's ability changes from Anticipation to Guts
Hana learned Ember and TM Flamethrower
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Patches; 01-23-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:59 PM   #233
Naru
Give me everything I want
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 556
TKF

Sylvi nodded hearing your response, she had never really thought of the castle as being a place where someone could actually set something up to call a home or a base. She lived near here, or at least she thought she did. Some of her memories were jumbled and messy, almost as though they had been altered by some unseen force. Perhaps that's why she had been so scared of the castle, because part of her felt drawn to the force she could feel emitting from the terrifying maw of the gate --- almost as though it was a ravenous beast that would swallow her up if she gave it the chance. She shuddered at the thought.

As you arrived at the armory, your eyes were immediately drawn to a suit of armor, curiously asking Sylvi if anyone would miss it. However, she seemed a little preoccupied. She ignored you outright, walking towards a glistening rapier in the room.

That sword in the armory swallowed her up, to the point she could no longer hear what you were attempting to say to her. She stared at it, it seemed to be calling to her in a way. A memory jumped into her head, blood, war, a demon that lurked behind the corner. What did it all mean? She tried to make the flashes stop, but they kept coming. She wanted to run in terror, but her hand kept drawing closer and closer to the sword, attempting to grab her and pull her under. The flashes stopped upon hearing a roar. Sylvi was back, standing there looking bewildered at the sword. Her hand trembling hovering over it. She pulled herself away, half mumbling to herself about what the was.

Admirable as you were, you asked Sylvi to stay behind for now as your Pokemon got set up. She nodded, glancing back at the sword. Surely that was something important, it wouldn't have had such an effect on her if it was just some sort of regular sword. She nodded to you, as you and the two spiky kids ran into the sound where you heard the noise. Upon turning the corner, you spot the source of the shattering roar. A tremendous dragon, coated in scales of golden and red was standing over a small blue bug. Clearly the bug had done something to piss this dragon off, it's bellowing roars were directed solely at the creature.

"K-Karra!" Yelped the creature, backing away in an attempt to get away. The dragon was much larger, it could easily squash the bug with one swift motion. As you watched, your Pokemon readied themselves as they had been instructed to. Iron Maiden set up her stealth rock, followed by springing upward and launching a Leech Seed at it. The hulking dragon turned towards the small steel ball and gave a loud guttural roar, running forward while Automatizing itself for battle. Ajax sprung out, his stats boosted by Curse but his speed impacted --- he sprayed another Leech Seed. Due to the sheer size of the creature, it didn't seem to be extremely affected by the seeds, but they certainly pissed it off. It glared at the Pokemon with a Scary Face, ready for it's next attack.

What do you do?

morningstar

Croquette wanted to go into the child's room after seeing the movement, sure that it was something to play with. The little ball of energy was so sure that everything on Earth was his a friend, and while it was certainly charming to see his naivety, there were some things that he must learn about the world and the way it worked. Nonetheless, you let the little egg waddle into the room, following closely behind it and ready to grab it at a moments notice. As you walked into the room, you realized that the source of the movement was far too large to actually be that of a wild Pokemon... unless it was an extremely large Pokemon. You grabbed Croquette, cautiously approaching whatever had moved.

You saw a man on the floor, around your age. He was laying face down on the floor, reaching under the bed, as if he was trying to find something. He groaned with the effort, mumbling something about hidden treasure and riches under his breath as he ran his fingers across the weathered floor. He didn't seem to notice you, too preoccupied on what he was doing. He's dressed in a regular pair of pants, jeans that are somewhat torn --- you are unsure if it was done on purpose or bought like that. He's also wearing a muscle shirt, hanging loosely off his frame. His hair is a messy brown, tassles that look like they actually took effort to get that perfect bedhead. His arms are muscular, as if he had trained himself rigorously. A few Pokeballs hang off his belt, making it clear he's a trainer. He must be here looking for something, or at least attempting to locate something. But what on Earth was he doing under a child's bed talking to himself?

He doesn't seem like a bad guy at least? Or so you hope. Maybe you should try to get his attention? What do you do?


Severus Snope

The landscape here was much different than you were used to. In your very short span of time in Fizzytopia you had hardly seen all the bounty and beauty that the land had to offer. Yet here you were, standing in the middle of the fantastic swamp of Celebi. Legends had spoken of the creature, but you had never in your wildest dreams thought that you could be in the same place as the creature.

The gnarled trees that towered over you made you realize the sheer scope and the age of the swamp in which you walked. Countless puddles and deeper bogs made your eyes dart to various areas of the swamp, just hoping that out of the corner of your eye you could see the cryptid yourself. You had an offering in your hands after all, perhaps you could make it to the shrine that the locals had put in place and give it to the divine creature yourself. However, you weren't exactly sure as to where this shrine was located within the swamp. Whatever the case, you were here, and you had plans to explore. It couldn't be too deep in the swamp, locals gave gifts all the time.

As you continued forward, you couldn't help but notice little eyes watching you all along the pathway. Eyes that seemed to disappear as you walked closer, but eyes that were certainly present as you continued. As you walked forward, you couldn't help but feel as though the eyes had alerted something much bigger to your coming here. As you swore you were being followed, maybe for the scent of the berries or simply because you had disturbed this sacred place.

You suddenly heard a rather loud rumbling, followed by something pushing you over and stealing your berries from right out from beneath your nose. The rumbling continued once again, and then utter silence. As you stood up, you couldn't help but feel robbed. Those berries were for Celebi! Not whatever greedy creature had grabbed them! You turned around, looking at the strange pawprints that lead deeper into the trees. It looked as though they went into a darkened hollow... but was it really such a good idea to go that way? The way you were going before the rude interruption seemed so much brighter.

What do you do?


Patches

Mio rolls her eyes as you gush over what the terrifying abomination had become. A rather harmless looking black fox creature, who simply looked quite irritated that you had ruined it's disguise. It had worked really hard on it you know! It wasn't nice to just go shattering carefully crafted illusions like that! It cried out in a whiny tone producing a few Fake Tears, looking up at you with these adorable puppy dog eyes. You can hardly contain yourself as your bend down to look at it, however upon doing so a fire stone and a Pokeball roll out --- causing your once shy Eevee to transform into a Flareon.

Mio is shocked at the sudden change, as is Hana, but you yourself are so focused on the idea of transforming like the creature had that you can hardly focus on it. Mio quickly caught Hana up to speed, causing the Flareon to grin with delight. She loved battles! Especially when the other Pokemon deserved it. She quickly got to work kicking up sand in the fox's face, causing it to begin to rub it's eyes in an attempt to get it out. Following that Hana quickly tackled it before spewing some embers in it's face.

"Zorua!" It screeched, angry at the big red fox for attacking it. It was all that dumb Pikachu's fault! Messing everything up that it had worked so hard to put together. It hissed, trying to Leer at Hana to catch her off guard. It followed it up by Furiously Swiping at her, hoping to do as much damage as possible.

Despite it's valiant efforts, the small fox has quickly used up more energy than Hana has. What do you do?
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #234
Serverus Snope
Pokemon Trainer
 
Serverus Snope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: The Eiffel Tower in Rome, the City of Brotherly Love
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
Serverus Snope

The landscape here was much different than you were used to. In your very short span of time in Fizzytopia you had hardly seen all the bounty and beauty that the land had to offer. Yet here you were, standing in the middle of the fantastic swamp of Celebi. Legends had spoken of the creature, but you had never in your wildest dreams thought that you could be in the same place as the creature.

The gnarled trees that towered over you made you realize the sheer scope and the age of the swamp in which you walked. Countless puddles and deeper bogs made your eyes dart to various areas of the swamp, just hoping that out of the corner of your eye you could see the cryptid yourself. You had an offering in your hands after all, perhaps you could make it to the shrine that the locals had put in place and give it to the divine creature yourself. However, you weren't exactly sure as to where this shrine was located within the swamp. Whatever the case, you were here, and you had plans to explore. It couldn't be too deep in the swamp, locals gave gifts all the time.

As you continued forward, you couldn't help but notice little eyes watching you all along the pathway. Eyes that seemed to disappear as you walked closer, but eyes that were certainly present as you continued. As you walked forward, you couldn't help but feel as though the eyes had alerted something much bigger to your coming here. As you swore you were being followed, maybe for the scent of the berries or simply because you had disturbed this sacred place.

You suddenly heard a rather loud rumbling, followed by something pushing you over and stealing your berries from right out from beneath your nose. The rumbling continued once again, and then utter silence. As you stood up, you couldn't help but feel robbed. Those berries were for Celebi! Not whatever greedy creature had grabbed them! You turned around, looking at the strange pawprints that lead deeper into the trees. It looked as though they went into a darkened hollow... but was it really such a good idea to go that way? The way you were going before the rude interruption seemed so much brighter.

What do you do?


Makoto stumbled over, just barely breaking his fall with his hands. Oh, how he wished he wasn't wearing the bracelets right now.
Maybe he could have stopped his fall. Actually, he didn't wish that. It would have slammed him against a root after his sigh of relief. Once he regained his footing, he eyed a trail of paw prints.

Alright, the thief was... in the deep, dark... hollow... over there... out of the way... Hesitation took hold. The hollow glared at him like an angry eye socket in the tree. Was he really going to do this? Could he?

Only if he approached with caution. He flashed a pokeball, revealing Meringue and catching him in his arm. "Be quiet... as usual," he advised the togepi. He began following the pawprints, but he stayed to the side of the path. If he could stay out of that creature's line of sight, he could avoid being ambushed. He headed for the side of the hollow. "Okay," he whispered to Meringue, "It may jump out at us. I'll let you know when to counter it." Once he could get as close as he could, he peeked his head out the bare minimum length to get a look at the inside. His offering or the thief were the main things he searched for...
__________________
↑ & ↓ & ↻
º~Fizzy Bubbles Character Files~º
Serverus Snope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #235
134
Not gonna fight you.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The end of the line.
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
134Update Music

“Tate, I really do believe you should come have some tea. As I said, I insist.” Upon uttering the last word, the woman’s eyelids opened, revealing completely ink black eyes behind them. You opened the door, Lele at your side, fluttering to and fro anxiously, ready to figure out what was going on.

The door opened with ease. The room revealed on the other side showed a woman in a rocking chair, gently rocking back and forth overlooking the warm fireplace in front of her, which was the only source of light in the otherwise dark room. Aside from the popping and crackling of the burning wood, it was quiet – peaceful. A Pokemon of some kind sat on the woman’s lap. She stroked it gently. An empty chair sat beside her, also rocking back and forth. What appeared to be claw marks sunk into the wooden floorboards of the room. Bits of black fur could be found lying to and fro within the light of the fire. There was no other conclusion that could be reasonably drawn – there had been a struggle here.

“Come,” she said, unwavering. She lifted her hand and pointed to the chair beside her. It immediately stopped moving. “Sit.”

This woman had a different voice from the one inside of the adoption center. What did she want?

“If you try to decline once more,” she said in a low voice that slowly shifted into the voice of the butler, “then you are going to have a problem.”


That's... upsetting.

The exterior door leading into a room was a mindfuck, sure. The evidence of a struggle was even more upsetting, particularly given that the only thing with black fur that Tate could think of was Pouli. Was she alright? All prayers to Celebi, if they had hut her...

Still, what was the most upsetting was not the impossible room, or even the implications that Pouli was in danger, but rather, the way the woman's voice changed. That was some horror movie shit right there. At that moment, Tate came to feel in danger as well, and while it's nice to think that a trainer would forsake self for their partners, well... Tate was a living creature with a sense of survival, and Pouli was temporarily pushed to the back burner in favor of Tate's survival. If Tate got taken by some spook, well... Pouli definitely would be doomed them, right?

Slowly, and without once taking eyes off of the creepy old lady-butler, Tate crossed the room to take a seat in the empty chair. This was unfair; they had committed no transgression and yet this felt like a punishment. Lele fluttered alongside her trainer, nervousness apparent despite the safety goggles obscuring her eyes as she settled onto the back of the chair, just over Tate's shoulder.

"What do you want from me?" Tate asked, wary and a little accusatory. "We didn't do anything to you. Give me back Pouli! Give her back to me, and we'll just... leave. We'll leave, and never come back."

__________________
134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #236
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,331
Biggggg5- No alone with the Sableye, you assess the Pokemon, discussing the best way to handle it with Hotstuff. The Charmander seems confident he can handle it, however it is reassuring for him to know that Geddy can back him up. You set him to task and he leaps from cover, firing off a rippling flamethrower before the Sableye even knows he is there. The little ghoul shrieks in pain as the flames wash over its back, before it eerily twists its head around to stare at Hotstuff with its emotionless gem-like eyes.

Hotstuff is preparing for his next attack when the Sableye suddenly strikes. Moving with astonishing speed and dexterity it lands a startling blow on Hotstuff, causing the Charmander to gasp as he is flinched out of his attack. The gremlin quickly follows up, swiping at Hotstuff with its razor sharp claws. The Charmander is forced to backpedal as he attempts to parry the strikes, but he finds himself overwhelmed. As he is continually forced back, Hotstuff realizes he cannot afford to keep taking hits, already having collected bumps and bruises from the encounter with the Gigalith. Blue flames slip from between his teeth as he opens his maw, spewing a torrent of dragon fire in the Sableye's chest that sends it flying backwards into the wall.

The ghost type rises from the ground, its limbs cracking as it prepares to let loose. The creepy critter begins to cackle, pointing its clawed hands at Hotstuff. Dark bolts of lightning fire from its hands, striking Hotstuff as they wrap and worm around his body. The Fire type cries out in pain, the Sableye was certainly strong, would Hotstuff be able to handle it after having already fought a battles?


Gemini Spark- You begin your interrogation, Wendy signals that the man was working alone, at least that meant you didn't have anyone else to worry about. Tears are starting to well in the man's eyes, he was likely in tremendous pain, hopefully it would help to loosen his lips. You produce the business card you had acquired from the bikers, if this was Trent Connors then perhaps you could get this whole issue resolved nice and quick. When you show the man the card, he shakes his head. "No, that's not my name and I don't know who that is." The man's tone doesn't exactly sound convincing and Wendy picks up on it. She gives him a bit of a shake, causing him to wail in pain, pleading for her to stop. "Alright alright I will tell you what you want to know!" Wendy settles down, relaxing her grip on the man slightly. "Mr Connors hired me to kidnap her", the man points towards Emily. "He knew she would be alone while her parents were meeting him, his plan is to exchange her for the deed to the ranch."

Emily looks furious as she storms towards the man, her hand clenching into a fist. The young woman swings a nasty right hook, striking the man in the jaw. Stepping back she shakes her hand, likely hurting herself as much as she hurt him. "You scumbag! What about my parents? Are they alright?"

"I guess they would be okay for now, but Connors will be expecting to have heard from me by now. I was meant to check in a while ago but I was too busy running for my life." The man spits a glob of blood onto the ground, Emily's punch having split his lip open. He goes silent for a moment, unsure if you wanted anything more from him. Suddenly his jacket begins to buzz, then music begins to play. "That's my phone, that's probably him!" The man scrambles for his phone, thumbling through his jacket. The phone drops to the ground and Wendy lifts the man up before he can grab it. The phone vibrates on the muddy ground, the ringtone continues to chime.

Emily stares at the phone, unsure of what to do. "Do we answer it or what?"
__________________


Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 01-27-2018 at 07:22 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #237
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post


morningstar

Croquette wanted to go into the child's room after seeing the movement, sure that it was something to play with. The little ball of energy was so sure that everything on Earth was his a friend, and while it was certainly charming to see his naivety, there were some things that he must learn about the world and the way it worked. Nonetheless, you let the little egg waddle into the room, following closely behind it and ready to grab it at a moments notice. As you walked into the room, you realized that the source of the movement was far too large to actually be that of a wild Pokemon... unless it was an extremely large Pokemon. You grabbed Croquette, cautiously approaching whatever had moved.

You saw a man on the floor, around your age. He was laying face down on the floor, reaching under the bed, as if he was trying to find something. He groaned with the effort, mumbling something about hidden treasure and riches under his breath as he ran his fingers across the weathered floor. He didn't seem to notice you, too preoccupied on what he was doing. He's dressed in a regular pair of pants, jeans that are somewhat torn --- you are unsure if it was done on purpose or bought like that. He's also wearing a muscle shirt, hanging loosely off his frame. His hair is a messy brown, tassles that look like they actually took effort to get that perfect bedhead. His arms are muscular, as if he had trained himself rigorously. A few Pokeballs hang off his belt, making it clear he's a trainer. He must be here looking for something, or at least attempting to locate something. But what on Earth was he doing under a child's bed talking to himself?

He doesn't seem like a bad guy at least? Or so you hope. Maybe you should try to get his attention? What do you do?

Croquette happily toddled into the room, checking just once to see that Athena was following him. Athena smiled nervously, placing a hand on one of her backpack straps. She wanted to be able to grab one of her stronger Pokemon quickly if anything went sideways.

There was someone on the floor. Athena saw the thought go through Croquette's mind, play with me!! She scrambled to scoop her Togepi up. This guy didn't look particularly scary, but she definitely didn't want to startle him. He probably wasn't expecting to encounter anyone else in this abandoned castle. She sure wasn't. Croquette struggled in her arms. He knew that this trainer would definitely want to play with him. And judging by the Pokeballs on his belt, he must have plenty of other friends to introduce him to! Athena backed up slowly, trying to reign in her squirming Pokemon. Once this guy found whatever he was looking for, it wouldn't hurt to say hi. Maybe the two of them could even help out.

"PiIIII!" Athena's thoughts were derailed by the loud squeak of Croquette beginning to cry. If they weren't noticed by this guy before, there was no way they weren't startling him now. Athena shushed her Togepi and rocked him in her arms a bit.
"Sorry!!" Athena, flustered, addressed the young man on the floor. "We were just passing thorough and...uh...Well...What are you looking for, if I may ask?" Croquette had finally calmed down, a few tears still in his eyes. He wondered if Athena would let him go after they figured out what this other trainer was up to.
__________________




Last edited by morningstar; 02-05-2018 at 10:37 PM.
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:39 AM   #238
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,331
The mysterious monster quickly revealed itself to be a Kommo-o. "You've got to be fucking kidding me", swears Jayson, but not because of the Dragon. "Another bloody Karrablast, are these things everywhere?" Jayson had recently dealt with one of the bugs in the Cloud Garden and he had half a mind to let the Kommo-o finish it off. Jayson had a soft heart however, the Karrablast stood no chance, he would see it to safety and deal with raging Dragon, if only to test the skills of his Pokemon. Ajax and Iron Maiden did their best to prepare themselves for the fight, but the Kommo-o was a powerful Pokemon. They weren't exactly well equipped to combat such a Pokemon, the Ferroseed was at a type disadvantage while the Dragon resisted their stab moves. Both were relatively inexperienced, they would need aid if they were even going to stand a chance. Before they opened up however, they needed to get the Karrablast out of there.

"Sylvi your Lycanroc looks nice and quick", prompted Jayson, "do you think it could snatch up the Karrablast and get it to safety?" The sooner the bug was out of sight the better. Reaching to his belt, Jayson unclipped another Luxury ball and tossed it out in front of himself. The ball bursts open to reveal a small green dragon. Labrys the Axew looked around, quickly spotting the Kommo-o before looking to her teammates. "Hey Labrys, thought you would like to get involved. The others could really use your help, how about you show off your Guardian Terrain?" Jayson had trialed the move before, it would limit the Kommo-o's options, rendering its Dragon type moves useless. "Iron Maiden, Harden yourself as you roll towards the Kommo-o, we want it to hit you so that we can wear it down with your Iron Barbs. Ajax, while Iron Maiden draws its attention, flank the Kommo-o and strike with a Zen Headbutt, quickly following up with a Dual Chop. Iron Maiden douse the Kommo-o's underbelly with a Toxic before Labrys targets it with a Dragon Rage."

With the three smaller Pokemon ganging up on the Kommo-o, Jayson was somewhat hopeful that they could overcome the monumental strength disadvantage, but only time would tell.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:32 AM   #239
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,378
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Greetings! After far too long (sorry for the wait), I've finally joined the ranks of the updaters within the Black Bayou! I'll be updating Kawaii and CB for now.

Kawaii:
The grand manor was indeed impressive. Drawn by the lore of a dragon queen from a far off land, as well as your own Axew’s native instinct, it was only natural for your curiosity to lead you into the depths of the tyrant’s manor. Easing the ancient door open, you step into the dust-laden interior of the castle, looking around to find several pieces of broken furniture, mostly laden with dust, although a few appear to have been broken somewhat more recently. And not by something small, either. Up ahead, you see a girl kneeling, with something in her hands. As you and your party draw closer, it becomes clear what she’s holding: A Klefki, battered and beaten, and with a handful of keys on the loop. Clearly the victim of a vicious attack, but by what? The kneeling girl seeming to notice your approach, she turns and speaks to you. “Are… are you a Trainer? Could you… could you help this Klefki perhaps? Some mean creatures attacked it and stole some keys, and Klefki can't get them back on its own...” The girl seems to have been tending to the Klefki’s wounds, but gestures down a passageway that slopes downwards into the unforgiving darkness. "They went down there. I don't know why they wanted the keys, or what they even opened, but it's important to get them back. For the Klefki at least, if not for others' sake too." The girl spoke true: Who knew what manner of beast could lie within this colossal fortress, or what kept them at bay? There was also the possibility that the Klefki would try and get them back itself, which would be nothing short of disastrous in its current condition.

What will you do?



CyberBlastoise:
Witnessing the failed attack by the inexperienced Litten on the nest, and the subsequent revenge of the mother Honchkrow, it was only natural to get involved. The Litten was clearly young and out for its proving hunt, and was now in over its little hot furry head. Silver quickly gets to work having been given its orders, and begins its diversionary assault on the Honchkrow, a Water Gun soaking the devious bird as it went in with another attack on the stricken Litten, causing it to veer to the side and divert the attack, instead diving at the Squirtle with a Wing Attack, thinking it to be (quite rightly) another assailant. Your trusty Squirtle is sent spinning by the hit, before quickly returning to its usual defiant upright gait and unleashing a torrent of Bubbles, many of which strike the Honchkrow, but some slip past the great bird and strike the nest, dislodging one of the baby Murkrow and the Litten who had been using you as a distraction to get its meal. With a panicked squawk, the dislodged baby stumbles away, out through another broken window of the dilapidated shed, with the Litten in hot purrsuit. A screech from the Honchkrow rediverts your attention back to the battle however, as the great bird dives in for a quick Peck, the strike clinking off Silver’s sturdy shell, but next time it might not be in such a protected spot. Out of the corner of your eye, you see the Litten closing in on the cornered Murkrow, who, in a state of blind panic at this point, had managed to flutter up to a tree branch and was backing away down the branch, visibly terrified as it moved further and further from the safety of its mother and its nest, and closer and closer to the archaic manor, into which the branch extended through a broken window near ground level. The Honchkrow looks back to its nest, realising with a growing horror that a chick is missing, and in its flailing search catches sight of the Murkrow moments before it backs into the house, and fades into the gloom, soon followed by the Litten. The mother crow, enraged by this turn of events, does the only thing she can in such a situation: Turn on those who allowed it to happen. Namely, you and Silver. Will you face down the mother bird and quieten her screeches, or will you pursue the fiery hunter and its shadowy prey through the window and into the gloomy manor?

What will you do?
__________________
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:00 PM   #240
Lil'twick
Wayward Bard
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,885
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
[CENTER]
Lit


The being did not respond to your outburst, it simply stood motionless --- watching as you cried out. Were you wasting your breath? Was this where you were finally going to expire? As the twisted amalgamation of black shapes watched you, you noticed that glint of a smile grow ever wider. It was mocking you, enjoying the way you twisted yourself and cried out when it shoved you in there. It had your life in it's hands, and it was fully aware of this fact. Exercising it's ability to bring that blade down at any given moment. The blade itself was probably caked in rust and old blood, the blood of those that expired under the mad king's rule. Were you looking at him? Was he what was doing this to you? You couldn't be sure, but those eyes had a glimmer of malice and madness to them. You eyes conveyed something else, the spite and anger that fueled your very being.

As you cried out once again, a figment from your past appeared in front of you. It was shocking for you to say the least, as you attempted to grasp hold of this figment... it became clear it was just Wisp. Wisp looked helpless, concern clear in it's eyes. However, as you apologized and pleaded, another idea came into your head. Fire was your salvation, and you made the creature aware of this. It's eyes narrowed in the darkness, and it seemed to move slightly. Coming more towards you, it placed a black hand with long purple tendrils coming out of it near your face. It spat at you, filling you to the brim with Spite.


F͉̗̺͕̼̞̋ͧ̌ͧ̒̀̉O̶̜̝̣͎̫̱̝̝ͦ̂ͧ̏͌̂̋́̚͢Ǫ̷̼͗̓̂̇̇ͨLͪ̊̄͘҉ ͖͈̱̙̹,̳̹̩͈̠̿̈́̌̂͊̊̃ͅ ̸͔̼̘͓̽́ͯ͆F̙̖ͤ̔I̷̷̱͕̥͙̋͌̅R̝̉̑ͫ͢Ḙ̟̲̙̜̎̋̎̊̃͑̋ͫ͘ ̥͔ͧ̉͘͝I̶ͨ̂̇̐͏͙̮S̊ͯ̊͒̅̌͋̚͏̡̟̣͕̤̳͎̬͚ ̡̫̮͎̮̟ͦ̓͠Ņ̠̜͓̪̤̽̉ͣ̽̅̈͗̄Ǫ̵͚͕̱̅ͧ̽̄ͬ̓ͦ̂͠T̸ͨͭ̾͆̐ͣ͊͂͝ ͖̖̻͉̱̮ͅͅ ̓͑ͮ̔̾̌͒̚͏͚̬͘F̵̢̤̩͔͉̮̜͐̅ͬ̆͛ͪ̽O̪̺͚̪̙̗͗ͮ̚Ŗ̽̂̾́̓̈́͏̮̯̹ ̝̺̪̬ ̶̥̤̠͚̻̦̯̖̓ͯ͜Y͇͕̒̐ͦͤ̈́̄O̡̓̊͒̍̀͏̰̣̯̬̟̼Ư̠̲̮̥̻͍͆͂͘͝.̎̐ ̢̡̱̙͙̞͈̻̩̞̒̿͌ͣ̈́ͨ͡


It shrieked, causing your ears to ring with the sheer force of it's words. However, it seemed that Wisp took your hint. It quickly blasted the guillotine with fire, causing it to burst into flames. The flames engulfed the old and decaying wood quickly, surrounding you with alarming speed.

I really hope you have a plan, or you might be toast. (Literally) What do you do?

Austin watched as Wisp picked up on his plan. Though, it wasn't exactly the most thought out plan. Fire did still... trigger him in a certain way. He watched ass the decaying guillotine erupted into flames, and a certain ecstasy filled him. The fire will cleanse him. Burn away his sins, burn away his lies and turn his memories into ashes. Even if the wraith wouldn't grant him the death he wanted, Wisp will. To truly die within the flames he loved so much. Maybe then... He would remember it all. If the fire took away his memories, then it would grant them back once he's consumed by it. He started to become laughing mad, feeling the fire graze and tickle his neck.

Yet, one look at Wisp seemed to bring him back into reality. The Litwick looked at him in horror, but also worry. Did he know about his thoughts? Did he know about what happened then? The teenager knew the answers he wanted from his Pokemon would never come. Yet, that look was enough to tell him Wisp was scared. Scared of him, and scared for his trainer's life. The gravity of this situation sunk into Austin's mind. Wisp didn't want to lose him.

Thinking fast, the trainer came up with a plan. He needed to make sure that the blade of the guillotine wouldn't fall onto him. If the fire burned it away too fast... His head would be the only thing left of him. Yet, it hurt so good. He wanted to stay there now, trapped, to let the flames consume him. But this situation wasn't just about him. It was also about Wisp. He needed to make Wisp stronger... He needed Wisp to get his memories back.

"Wisp, get on my back and knock down the top of the guillotine with a Shadow Ball! Then use your Flash Fire ability to absorb the flames. Save me again... Like you did countless times before," he ordered, the last line coming out before he could even process it. There was how Wisp gave him the ability to run away from Virbank. There was also how Wisp helped him traverse that hell in the Phantom Isles. But, this felt different. There was a stronger bond here.

"Thank you, for being there for me that day."
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:56 PM   #241
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,378
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~Iron~-------------------=

With your Starly scouting a path ahead thanks to it's Keen Eyes, it seemed to come to a decision for which path you should take at the crossroads. It seemed to want to go straight, right into the belly of the beast --- the throne room of the mad king. As Hope followed, you could only mutter you grievances under your breath --- you really did not want to suffer the same fate as the mad king. The air here felt oppressive, and as you moved towards the throne room you could only feel it getting more intense.

As you walked forward, you swore you could feel someone watching you. Perhaps it was the same person who lit those torches? Either way, it was spooky to even consider the thought that someone other than you could even be lurking around the corner. The castle was oppressive enough by itself, you really did not want to assume that someone else was here --- especially someone who could prove themselves to be a threat. As you approached the throne room, you could see something sitting on the throne, the room was dark, all you could really make out was the vague shape of something and it's glaring eyes beaming down at you in the darkness. It gave a startled yelp upon seeing you approach, making some small snapping noises as it leap down and ran past the throne.

Going after the creature, you noticed a small puddle of saliva near the throne. Gross, but what sort of monster were you facing that could produce so much saliva in such a short period of time? It was troubling to think about, as you walked towards where it had gone. As you stepped behind the large throne, you noticed a hole in the foundation of the building. It seemed to lead directly outside, into a darkened courtyard.

Do you follow the creature or go elsewhere? What do you do?
Entering the throne room, Liawe was awestruck by the sheer scale of it. Even in the darkness, it was clear that the room was enormous, with the echoes of every physical movement reverbrating throughout the room. The beat of Carl's wings, Liawe's own footsteps, the odd clink as Sheut bounced on the floor, the gentle breathing of the creature on the throne... Wait, what?

Liawe snapped to attention, seeing the creature on the throne, which fled behind the looming bastion of dominance. Following, she saw a small gap behind the throne. She could squeeze through that, and Hope was already phasing through the wall in pursuit of their mysterious observer. Slowly crawling through the space, Liawe found herself in a courtyard, as she recalled and redeployed Sheut and Carl to get them both through the wall. The courtyard was dark, decrepid and decaying. Low stone walls stood around the once-majestic gardens, now dead and falling into disrepair. Statues of fair maidens and armor-clad knights had clearly once adorned this place, but now they stood around, broken and shattered with age, although the locals probably didn't help much. The windows, once magnificent stained glass decorations of great craftsmanship and skill, now stood, forlorn and gloomy. Darkness pervaded every inch of the archaic courtyard, and it set Liawe on edge. Looking around, she tried to determine where the mysterious shadow had gone, enlisting Carl, Sheut and Hope to assist her in the matter, the Starly, Baltoy and Shuppet combination aiding her in scouring the dilapidated yard for this mysterious observer.
__________________
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #242
Maskerade
Thunder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- Pulling yourself out of the pool, you continue to taunt Volg, hoping to draw his attention. Mind still shook from the painful encounter in the water, you attempt to reach out to the Riolu once more. The young pup stares at you with concerned eyes, before looking down at his palm, apparently understanding your intentions, at least in part. As Volg's tail burns out of control, he Leers at you, causing your heart to flutter as you fail to see anything but hatred burning in his eyes. The Charmander moves closer to you, chest heaving, legs twitching as he fights against the paralysis that restricts his movements. Flaming fangs showing, the Charmander lashes out at you, causing you to toss up your arms in a futile attempt to protect yourself. The Charmander's fangs crunch down, searing the fur on the Riolu's left arm as it intercepts the attack, shielding you from the blow. The Fighting type thrusts its palm into the Charmander's chest, sending him skidding backwards with force. Zyll hobbles past your side, belching out a torrent of raging dragon fire.

Volg lets out a pained cry, his black tail flame bursts and he collapses to the ground. His tail flame soon returns to its regular colour, however the size of the flame is concerning. The flame burns dangerously low, you knew that if it was to go out, you would lose the Charmander forever. Zyll slumps to the ground, exhausted from the exchange with the Decidueye and Volg. Riolu rubs its right arm, it appears to be burnt where Volg had chomped down on him. The Decidueye was still unconscious, it was likely still recovering from damage it had taken, as well as the effects of the aura. Suddenly, Riolu lets out a bark, someone was coming.....

Zyll gained 3 levels
Rorik's eyes widened. Volg, possessed by that destructive dark aura, lunged at his Trainer like he was nothing more than a roadblock, fangs covered in dark red flames. All trace of reason had been erased, consumed by darkness. All Rorik could do at that moment was the single most useless act of self preservation any man could attempt - he braced himself.

But the blow never came. Reopening the eyes he had involuntarily closed, the Professor saw Riolu intercept the hit. But... why?

Why would he take that risk for me?

Enduring the hit with admirable effort for a Pokemon with such little inclination for conflict, Riolu successfully protected Rorik and, fighting through the pain, retaliated. The energy-infused palm found its mark, and immediately afterwards, Zyll dealt the decisive blow with a torrent of blue fire.

Volg... I'm so sorry...

He had tried to avoid this, but in the end, there was no alternative. Disheartened, Rorik watched as Volg collapsed, robbed of his remaining strength - and as he did, much like what had happened to Decidueye, the darkness surrounding him faded.

Looking at the scene before him, the Professor felt equal parts guilty and powerless: Volg, Zyll, Riolu and Deicdueye all lay on the ground, either fainted or on the brink of doing so. What Pokemon he hadn't injured intentionally, had also wound up hurt due to his incompetence, and as such, it fell on him to make things right now.
Reaching for his Bag, Rorik retrieved all two of his remaining Hyper Potions and his only two Revives, and walked up to the fallen warriors one at a time, spraying each of them with the contents of a vial - the Potions were administered to Zyll and Riolu, while a Revive was given to Volg... and Decidueye as well.

"Hang in there, all of you..."

Shortly afterwards, while he waited for the medicine to exert its effects, Riolu's barking put him on high alert once more. Someone, or something, was coming into the cave!

It was then that Zyll, recovered, stepped next to Rorik and prepared to face whatever came to harm them. As the usually silent drake prepared for another battle, his body began to glow, bursting with the power of experience accumulated overtime; the fight with Volg had broken his chains, and now, as his frame grew and a second head sprouted from his body, Zyll was prepared to assume a new, more powerful form - the shiny dragon evolved into a !

"Z-Zyll, look at you..." whispered Rorik in disbelief, before regaining his composure. "Thank you for standing by my side, dear friend. Come on now, we have to protect them while they recover! Whatever comes our way, at the first sign of hostility, fight back with your Dragon Pulse!"

Please, make it stop... I'm tired of all this conflict... I'm not a fighter! But I... I have to protect Riolu. The same way he protected me...


OoC: Using Hyper Potions 1/2 and 2/2, Revive 1/3 and 2/3.
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 02-05-2018 at 05:27 AM.
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #243
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,590
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Raves- As you regain your normal composure, you rattle off what you had learned during your encounter at the bar. Jake absorbs its all, tying in all the information you gathered in order to try and plan the next step. You are left in silence for a minute as he considers the options.

"I guess we might as well stay on the case while it's hot. If they are abusing and torturing Pokemon then we need to put a stop to it immediately. There is an entrance to the catacombs that we keep sectioned off around the corner, they can be useful when you need them, as long as you don't get lost!" Jake gives you a reassuring nod, "you did well, much better intel than what I got, just try not to sample anymore contraband? Alright let's head down into the catacombs and see if we can find a way into their operation.

Jake leads you to what appears to be an unmanned donut stand. He leads you inside, only to open a trapdoor that leads down into the catacombs. He kicks a rope down through the trapdoor and slides down, waiting patiently Bel and yourself to follow. Once the pair of you make it down, he heads off through the narrow tunnels, pulling out a heavy ended flashlight to light the way. You weave your way back through the passages, hoping your heading in the right direction. Just when you get the feeling that you're going around in circles, you all come to a stop as you hear voices nearby. Jake turns off the flashlight and you both peak around the next bend in the tunnel.

A pair of armed guards are standing in front of an old wooden door. The pair seem pretty chummy and are too busy bantering to notice much else. Nethertheless, there was no way of getting through the door with those two there. "We need to clear them off if we have any chance of getting inside. I know the tunnels well enough that I could probably lead them off and lose them before doubling back, that is if you think you could handle whatever is on the other side of that door? Although if you have a better plan, I'm open to suggestions."
Jake's silence and thoughts were not an alien concept to Hephae, as she waited for his response. After all, her line of work often required much waiting around, and when he eventually did respond, it was regarding a section of the catacombs. Almost too convenient that he knew of a way in, she thought. At his contraband quip, she merely rolled her eyes. The liquor wasn't anything spectacular, and the addictive properties didn't faze her too much, given the low quantity consumed, but regardless of the situation it was at least confirmed the substance wasn't poison, otherwise Doug would be very much dead in the water. Tailing Jake, the entrance was disguised as a donut stand, quite conveniently.

"Bel, take the rear," she commanded as the Mawile gave a nod, the woman following Jake down a rope ladder into tunnels. Heading through, she had some suspicions. If psychic pokemon were being abused, the perpetrators would likely be of insectoid or dark origin, either way Bel would have little issues. After some time, Jake turned off his light, as voices could be heard. Looking around a corner, the pair found themselves upon a pair of guards, armed by the looks of things. At Jake's commentary on leading them away, she shook her head, voice in a low whisper.

"Suppose you distract them and lead them away. You claim to know these tunnels well, but what if one of the men pulls a gun on you? Your remains would never be found. Besides, the pair appear distracted, and that leaves them vulnerable to ambush." Procuring two orbs, she beckoned the Mawile back, setting the balls to silent release, the occupants consisting of a yellow mouse with blue highlights and an unusual toadlike creature with a pumpkinlike bulb on the back. The pair looked around a little confused, but the sight of their trainer's cold gaze kept them silent. They were in a stealthy situation.

"Percival, we require your guile. Step into the open, appear lost, and lull the two men into a state of weakness with some fake tears, and allow them to approach you. Should they react with hostility, or seek to raise an alarm, snare them within an electroweb. Spriggan, your role will be to shut the pair of them down. When they get close enough, sedate them with some sleep powder. Once both are down for the count, we can disarm the pair and proceed."

The Minun and Pumpkin Bulbasaur gave silent nods, readying themselves for subterfuge as Bel stood by. If things went south, he would be ready to sucker punch the fools into unconsciousness.
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:21 AM   #244
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- No alone with the Sableye, you assess the Pokemon, discussing the best way to handle it with Hotstuff. The Charmander seems confident he can handle it, however it is reassuring for him to know that Geddy can back him up. You set him to task and he leaps from cover, firing off a rippling flamethrower before the Sableye even knows he is there. The little ghoul shrieks in pain as the flames wash over its back, before it eerily twists its head around to stare at Hotstuff with its emotionless gem-like eyes.

Hotstuff is preparing for his next attack when the Sableye suddenly strikes. Moving with astonishing speed and dexterity it lands a startling blow on Hotstuff, causing the Charmander to gasp as he is flinched out of his attack. The gremlin quickly follows up, swiping at Hotstuff with its razor sharp claws. The Charmander is forced to backpedal as he attempts to parry the strikes, but he finds himself overwhelmed. As he is continually forced back, Hotstuff realizes he cannot afford to keep taking hits, already having collected bumps and bruises from the encounter with the Gigalith. Blue flames slip from between his teeth as he opens his maw, spewing a torrent of dragon fire in the Sableye's chest that sends it flying backwards into the wall.

The ghost type rises from the ground, its limbs cracking as it prepares to let loose. The creepy critter begins to cackle, pointing its clawed hands at Hotstuff. Dark bolts of lightning fire from its hands, striking Hotstuff as they wrap and worm around his body. The Fire type cries out in pain, the Sableye was certainly strong, would Hotstuff be able to handle it after having already fought a battles?
Hotstuff clashes with the Sableye, already looking fairly tired from his previous battles Big looks a little bit worried. "You got this Bud?" Big asks, "Remember we don't need to win, we just need to weaken it enough for capture." Hotstuff nods panting. "Yeah i know that, but you aren't gonna insult me like i'm not gonna try my hardest to win anyway right?" He looks back with a tired grin. Big nods back, "Right, sorry, didn't mean to make you thing i doubted ya." He then looks back over the Sableye to reconfirm his stretegy. I figured it would use fake out right away if it knew it, but now that it is out of the way we don't have to worry about that again. The other big threat I immediately think of is Power gem, but I don't know if it is strong enough to know that one yet, surely it would have pulled it out already right? But maybe it just isn't that strategic as a wild pokemon. Either way on the offensive end... Hotstuff says he's good but he also would wear himself out before he'd admit he's tired. Maybe we should blow our load on it now. I feel like i might regret not doing it. "Alright Hotstuff, let's finish this before it can really start." He points dramatically. "Start off with a Heat wave, don't let it run, and then follow up with your Overheat! Finish it up with a dragon claw if you still can."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #245
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Greetings! After far too long (sorry for the wait), I've finally joined the ranks of the updaters within the Black Bayou! I'll be updating Kawaii and CB for now.

Kawaii:
The grand manor was indeed impressive. Drawn by the lore of a dragon queen from a far off land, as well as your own Axew’s native instinct, it was only natural for your curiosity to lead you into the depths of the tyrant’s manor. Easing the ancient door open, you step into the dust-laden interior of the castle, looking around to find several pieces of broken furniture, mostly laden with dust, although a few appear to have been broken somewhat more recently. And not by something small, either. Up ahead, you see a girl kneeling, with something in her hands. As you and your party draw closer, it becomes clear what she’s holding: A Klefki, battered and beaten, and with a handful of keys on the loop. Clearly the victim of a vicious attack, but by what? The kneeling girl seeming to notice your approach, she turns and speaks to you. “Are… are you a Trainer? Could you… could you help this Klefki perhaps? Some mean creatures attacked it and stole some keys, and Klefki can't get them back on its own...” The girl seems to have been tending to the Klefki’s wounds, but gestures down a passageway that slopes downwards into the unforgiving darkness. "They went down there. I don't know why they wanted the keys, or what they even opened, but it's important to get them back. For the Klefki at least, if not for others' sake too." The girl spoke true: Who knew what manner of beast could lie within this colossal fortress, or what kept them at bay? There was also the possibility that the Klefki would try and get them back itself, which would be nothing short of disastrous in its current condition.

What will you do?


Kawaii was immediately sympathetic "Of course I'll help it. I have some more powerful pokemon just in case we run into deep trouble." She explained then blushed silently "sorry, sometimes I overshare, you really didn't need to know that." The pink-haired trainer turned to the Klefki "Would you like to come with us little one?" She asked holding a palm out. Her heart went out to the poor creature. The trainer always cared for any pokemon she came across. Showing no bias to what she collected and picking up those who needed her help. This had led her to owning a few pokemon she'd never thought she'd own. One of those was with her today. Her Aron Arin, he came to her early and he charmed her and never wanted for anything. Unfortunately, her caring spirit had led her to take on too many pokemon for her to love them all and she had to give some away to caring homes.

Meanwhile Kyray-chan held tight to her mate's claw. Nuzzling Smaug she purred lightly as he began to shake. The Dragon-type was shaking, resisting against the greed that seeped through the halls, holding onto the warmth and sound of his mate to keep him sane. He growled, clenching and unclenching his fists desperately.

Finally, Arin was wandering around and sniffing at various corners. Too cocky to be affected by the permeation, but still noticing his friend's situation. He was concerned very much so he was looking round desperately for a source. The Aron kicked at rocks and smelled at corners. Sneezing at the dust he was disturbing.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
6969
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:04 AM   #246
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,754
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Gemini Spark- You begin your interrogation, Wendy signals that the man was working alone, at least that meant you didn't have anyone else to worry about. Tears are starting to well in the man's eyes, he was likely in tremendous pain, hopefully it would help to loosen his lips. You produce the business card you had acquired from the bikers, if this was Trent Connors then perhaps you could get this whole issue resolved nice and quick. When you show the man the card, he shakes his head. "No, that's not my name and I don't know who that is." The man's tone doesn't exactly sound convincing and Wendy picks up on it. She gives him a bit of a shake, causing him to wail in pain, pleading for her to stop. "Alright alright I will tell you what you want to know!" Wendy settles down, relaxing her grip on the man slightly. "Mr Connors hired me to kidnap her", the man points towards Emily. "He knew she would be alone while her parents were meeting him, his plan is to exchange her for the deed to the ranch."

Emily looks furious as she storms towards the man, her hand clenching into a fist. The young woman swings a nasty right hook, striking the man in the jaw. Stepping back she shakes her hand, likely hurting herself as much as she hurt him. "You scumbag! What about my parents? Are they alright?"

"I guess they would be okay for now, but Connors will be expecting to have heard from me by now. I was meant to check in a while ago but I was too busy running for my life." The man spits a glob of blood onto the ground, Emily's punch having split his lip open. He goes silent for a moment, unsure if you wanted anything more from him. Suddenly his jacket begins to buzz, then music begins to play. "That's my phone, that's probably him!" The man scrambles for his phone, thumbling through his jacket. The phone drops to the ground and Wendy lifts the man up before he can grab it. The phone vibrates on the muddy ground, the ringtone continues to chime.

Emily stares at the phone, unsure of what to do. "Do we answer it or what?"
Wendy would have much rather be holding on to the suited man she caught by his bare foot or a hand, but as far as getting information out of him Hyrem didn't care as much as he asked about Trent Connors. "No, that's not my name and I don't know who that is," he replied, to which Wendy adjusted the grip her jaws had on his leg before rocking her head just enough to cause him to swing and complain from the pain. "Huh, she didn't seem to like the way you said that. Want to try again?" asked Hyrem. "Alright alright I will tell you what you want to know!" the man conceded, and Wendy eased her jaws so he could say his piece. "Mr Connors hired me to kidnap her. He knew she would be alone while her parents were meeting him, his plan is to exchange her for the deed to the ranch."

Emily was beside herself as her hand balled up into a fist before she sent it crashing against the man's face, shaking it after the fact from the pain. "You scumbag! What about my parents? Are they alright?"

"I guess they would be okay for now, but Connors will be expecting to have heard from me by now. I was meant to check in a while ago but I was too busy running for my life." He spits out some blood from the punch Emily gave him before there came the sound of a phone ringing. "That's my phone, that's probably him!" He then desperately grabs for the device before dropping it on the ground, Wendy pulling him away from the ground and out of reach of the phone. As it rang, Emily looked at it and asked, "Do we answer it or what?"

"Bad idea," Hyrem said emphatically before picking it up himself. "If he knows we're onto him, your parents could be in big trouble!" He then put his free hand to his chin. "But if we leave him in the dark he might send more thugs after you..." He then got an idea and turned to his Salamence. "Wendy, let him down, but don't let go of him just yet." She did as asked, getting him fully on the ground before putting her paws on his legs then fully releasing him from her jaws but not taking her eyes off of him. "How about you make this easy on us," Hyrem said to the thug, holding the phone out of reach until he was ready to comply, "and tell your boss you've got Emily, and you're on your way back, no more, no less. Or maybe you're interested in a Salamence facial bath? I bet she's more than eager to clean that blood off your face." Wendy lowers her head so she was face to face, then growled with a smirk before running her tongue between her lips, daring him to go with the latter option. Meanwhile, Henrietta and Nissa stood close to Hyrem, content with watching Wendy work since neither of them were the one being subject to her torture.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:50 AM   #247
Naru
Give me everything I want
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 556
Serverus Snope

That was awfully rude.

The only thought that could cross your mind upon being forcefully shoved to the ground and robbed was how undeniably rude whoever had done it was. As you stood back on your feet, brushing off the dirt and debris that whatever had done it to you caused, you felt a sudden sense of foreboding. The footprints weren't extremely large, actually they were somewhat average in size. Not exactly pawprints, but nothing that could be created by human feet padding through the murky swamp. However, it wasn't those that disturbed you. It was the direction they had decided to move in.

The darkened thicket felt immense, like a large monster that would swallow you whole if you gave it the chance. You could feel the sweat beginning to form along your brow as you eyed it intently, you could almost feel the spit catching in your throat as you watched for something... anything that could give you a hint that the creature was still there. It could be dangerous, at least if you were able to catch a glimpse of it you would at least be able to tell yourself that it was just a harmless Pokemon and not some ravenous beast that would kill you on sight.

As you released your tiny Togepi, you couldn't help but clutch it protectively. The small egg Pokemon was just a baby, and you couldn't bear to think of any harm coming to the adorable little bundle of joy. You approached the brambles with caution, the gnarled branches seemed intent on reaching out and grabbing you, pulling you deeper into the forested swamp of Celebi. Steeling yourself, you walked forward --- peeking your head out, intent on seeing either your berries or the thief. However, nothing stuck out to you... just more footprints. There was a smeared pink jelly on some of the trees, as if the creature was actively taunting you by soiling your berries.

It seems it's gone even deeper into the bramble... what do you do?


morningstar

Croquette was too naive for his own good, and you knew that this would eventually get him into trouble. But you were determined that today wouldn't be that day. As you spotted the man, the small Togepi seemed to do the same. It began to rush towards the man, intent on playing with it's newfound friend. As you grabbed the small egg, you tried your best to restrain it. The man didn't look dangerous, just somewhat of an odd sight in such a dark and dreary castle. You certainly didn't want to startle the man, but your Togepi seemed to have other plans. He let out a loud screech as he began to cry, causing the man to let out some sort of gruff curse as he nailed his head on the bottom of the bed due to jolting upright.

"What in fresh hell?!" He yelled, his voice muffled due to his position to the floor. He had somewhat of an accent, dripping with English origin. You could hear him pull himself out, placing his gloved hands on the bed. He pulled himself upward and looked at you and your Pokemon, rubbing his head in the spot he must've hit. As you apologized profusely he couldn't help but have a grin come to his face, eying you and your Togepi. He stood up and approached you as you asked what he was looking for, his freckled face a welcome sight. He certainly didn't look like a bad person, his caramel skin breathed a sense of warmth into the dankness of this castle.

"Ello' love. I'm just searching for..." He paused, seemingly trying to think of if he should actually disclose his motives. "Oh what the hell. I'm Bentley, you can just call me Ben though!" He said, awfully chipper for someone who had just nailed their head rather forcefully. He stuck of his hand to shake yours, before gesturing towards the bed. "You've heard of the mad king, yeah? Well apparently this dude had a whole stash of treasure and according to one of my sources... well," He tugged at his jean pocket, producing an odd note that was seemingly cryptic in nature.

What has a bed but doesn’t sleep and a mouth but never eats?

"You see, I assumed it meant the baby. I don't think the wee tyke lasted very long before the madness set in." He looked at you, noticing you had seemingly been taken aback by his words. "Oh! Sorry, that was very inappropriate! No one should have to think about that!" He flushed red, seemingly embarrassed by making you uncomfortable.

"I don't think before I talk, not used to having company." He laughed to himself, suddenly looking at you intently. "You look like an intelligent lass, do you think you could give me a hand?"

What do you do?

TheKnightsFury

"Karra! Karra blast!" Screamed the blue bug for help, noticing a sudden presence surrounding it. You felt a certain disdain to the small bug, as you had dealt with far too many of the little buggers within the Cloud garden throughout your adventure. But your soft heart and the woman next to you made you feel the need to come to it's aid, as much as you desperately wished you could just let the hulking dragon get an extra helping of protein tonight. Although you knew fully well that you needed to fend off this hulking mass, your Pokemon were quite small and inexperienced in handling themselves in battle... but there was also still the issue of that damn Karrablast.

Hatching a plan, you asked Sylvi if she could get her Lycanroc to capture the small creature and get it to safety. She nodded vigorously, turning to the dog in question. "Alright Percy! Save that bug!" He barked in agreement, rushing forward with a rather fast Accelrock in order to scoop up the small bug in it's jaws. With it's prey out of the way, the mighty Kommo-o let out a piercing Screech, causing your Pokemon to wince. Although the fight wasn't exactly what you'd call fair, you had a new little beast under your belt.

You tossed forward a small Axew, your newest partner. She smirked at the prospect of finally getting into a fight, flexing her foreseen muscles and glaring at her opponent. At her trainer's command she quickly set up her Guardian Terrain, protecting her team from any dragon type moves that the monster might decide to use. Following this, Iron Maiden rolled into the attack, hardening herself to make her body more sturdy as her spiky body hit the legs of her opponent. The dragon roared, slapping the Ferroseed away with a rather impactful Sky Uppercut. Although she was certainly barely hanging on at this point, she unleashed a mouthful of toxic acid that sprayed her opponent as she was sent flying across the hall.

While the Kommo-o focused on the flying piece of steel and grass, Ajax snuck around, hitting it's opponent in the back with a powerful blow from his forehead and following it with two chops to the back. The Kommo-o hissed out in response at the two super effective hits. Labrys stepped up to bat next, hitting the large creature with a dragon rage. It reacted by spinning towards Labrys, coming at her with an Aqua Tail.

The Kommo-o suffers toxic damage, but still looks well. Ajax is unharmed, Labrys still stands tall and strong, but unfortunately Iron Maiden is close to fainting. What do you do?

Lit

Fire represented rebirth, salvation, and even cleansing in some cultures. This was so much more true for you than it was for any of them, three important things that were extremely different... yet somehow they all represented different facets of your own personality. Your past, your present, and presumably your future. As the fire lapped at every inch of you, you couldn't help but laugh. You were ready for the end, your salvation, and your eventual rebirth that would come after. You had accepted you fate, but it appeared that Wisp had not. The horror on the candle's face was evident, along with a plaster of worry.

Was Wisp... remembering something? Did he know something? Or was he simply afraid of you, afraid of the madness that was gradually seeming to drag you deeper, pull you under forcefully and destroy every last inch of you. As much as you desired the flames, ready to let them pull you apart. You needed to help Wisp, you had to aid him. With a quick command, Wisp jumped onto your back, blasting down the guillotine blade with a well placed shadow ball. Hearing it clatter to the floor filled you and Wisp with relief. The candle quickly absorbed the flames around the two of you with flash fire, knowing full well thanks to your praise that he had saved your life once again.

You heard the spectre screech, fading away into the darkness as the rest of the wood crumbled away around you. As you rested your neck in the former hunk of wood, you felt the need to stand... but at the same time you felt so much relief upon realizing you could live another day. Wisp crawled off your back and looked you in the eyes, reminding you of your true goal here. That initial outcome, those eyes in the darkness, that eaten Beldum.

What do you do?

Ironthunder


The courtyard was spacious, gorgeous despite the decaying nature of the building surrounding it... the garden surrounding the courtyard looked well maintained. It was almost as if someone was constantly working on it, despite the nature of the place someone was putting love and care into keeping this one spot beautiful. Perhaps it was the same person who had lit the torches earlier, it was actually quite possible that they lived within the walls of the castle. Maybe some sort of squatter that deeply cared for flora and fauna, or maybe it was something else. Maybe the locals had come back to preserve this place, you couldn't be sure.

As you walked through the garden, you saw more saliva situated around a beautiful rose bush. The figure you had seen had most certainly come this way. As you looked around, you finally noticed whatever it had been. A short creature with a black fly trap making what looked like a ponytail on the back of it's head was clutching a watering can. You realized suddenly that the gardener was in fact this adorable little Pokemon. Whatever it was was taking great time and care in working on the garden of flowers, you couldn't help but smile as you watched it.

You don't want to disturb the gardener, but you are certainly perplexed as to what had cased the creature to take up such an interesting hobby. What do you do?

Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #248
Serverus Snope
Pokemon Trainer
 
Serverus Snope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: The Eiffel Tower in Rome, the City of Brotherly Love
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
Serverus Snope

That was awfully rude.

The only thought that could cross your mind upon being forcefully shoved to the ground and robbed was how undeniably rude whoever had done it was. As you stood back on your feet, brushing off the dirt and debris that whatever had done it to you caused, you felt a sudden sense of foreboding. The footprints weren't extremely large, actually they were somewhat average in size. Not exactly pawprints, but nothing that could be created by human feet padding through the murky swamp. However, it wasn't those that disturbed you. It was the direction they had decided to move in.

The darkened thicket felt immense, like a large monster that would swallow you whole if you gave it the chance. You could feel the sweat beginning to form along your brow as you eyed it intently, you could almost feel the spit catching in your throat as you watched for something... anything that could give you a hint that the creature was still there. It could be dangerous, at least if you were able to catch a glimpse of it you would at least be able to tell yourself that it was just a harmless Pokemon and not some ravenous beast that would kill you on sight.

As you released your tiny Togepi, you couldn't help but clutch it protectively. The small egg Pokemon was just a baby, and you couldn't bear to think of any harm coming to the adorable little bundle of joy. You approached the brambles with caution, the gnarled branches seemed intent on reaching out and grabbing you, pulling you deeper into the forested swamp of Celebi. Steeling yourself, you walked forward --- peeking your head out, intent on seeing either your berries or the thief. However, nothing stuck out to you... just more footprints. There was a smeared pink jelly on some of the trees, as if the creature was actively taunting you by soiling your berries.

It seems it's gone even deeper into the bramble... what do you do?
Seeing nothing in there, Makoto made a mental note of the path he took here before cautiously inching forward. But then he stopped dead in his tracks when he noticed the pink smears. No, not the berries! …Hopefully that wasn’t actually pecha berry jelly slathered on those trees.

His anxiety was mounting. His offering: ruined! Ruined by some sort of ruthless beast! Could he even face it? The inhaling, the exhaling, the two began to rise in speed. A familiar shaking sensation trembled in his wrists. Maybe it could have been worse if his powers weren’t being suppressed… but that thought didn’t help him! Not one bit! In fact, he could imagine Meringue flung into the air and-

Stop. Deep breath. The offering might not be ruined just yet. What would Celebi think if he turned back now? Some slightly battered berries would be more appreciated than none at all. It’s the thought that counts, right? Along with that, how would he catch any new pokemon if he backed away now? If he just fled from the very thing he was looking for? It may not be a pokemon he usually imagines himself with, but maybe this one could be helpful! Stealing berries from him… Maybe it’s good at finding berries? At gathering them without awakening anything? If he ran way, he’d never know.

“We must keep going… Meringue.” Makoto stepped forward, his eyes fixed on the darkening path in front of him. He felt somewhat in tune with the togepi; the little pokemon never seemed to lose his composure. Not yet, at least.

Another step and… nope, lost his calm again. He tried bundling back together his composure, though it was a clumsy attempt because of his involuntary shaking. Barely keeping it together was the best he could do, and he was determined to do just that.
__________________
↑ & ↓ & ↻
º~Fizzy Bubbles Character Files~º
Serverus Snope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #249
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,331
(Sorry guys, these updates won't be massive but it is the best I can do to keep you all moving)

Maskerade- With the conflict finally over, you cannot believe the devotion your Pokemon have shown. Even the Riolu, who had no obligation to defend you, had fought valiantly to protect you from harm. Now it was time to repay your debt to them all, searching through your bag you produce multiple medical items, which revive the unconscious Charmander and Decidueye, as well as restore the Deino and Riolu. Just when you believe the conflict to be over, you are alerted to an approaching presence by the Riolu.

Having already fought tooth and nail against the Decidueye and Volg, Zyll prepares to fight once more. Having grown during the conflict, Zyll's experiences result in him evolving, sprouting another head as he evolves into a Zweilous! As the figure rounds the final bend in the tunnel, Zyll catches the glint of steel and immediately fires a Dragon Pulse from his mouths. You watch as Sir Bryant cleaves through the blast of energy with a mighty swing of his greatsword.

"Arceus the creator, talk about being on edge!" Sir Bryant sheaths his sword as Zyll backs down. The knight surveys the scene, quickly putting pieces together. "Looks like the Decidueye is passived now, I trust that is your doing? I'm somewhat surprised, even though it was weakened, I doubted you'd be able to handle it. Do you have any insight into what happened to it to begin with? Do you believe there's a chance it could happen again?" Sir Bryant looks at the Riolu, which has remained close by your side ever since the knight arrived. "Were you actually of any use or was bringing you a waste of my time? Come here Riolu, we need to head back soon." The Riolu barks in protest, causing the knight to furrow his brow in anger.



Raves- You quickly stop Jake, his plan was too risky, especially when you had a much simpler way of handling the two distracted guards. You release two Pokemon from their pokeballs, a Minun and a Pumpkasaur, a strange variation of a Bulbasaur. Jake agrees as you lay out your plan, Percival which distract and restrict the guards, providing an opening for Spriggan to sedate the pair. Confident they could handle it, Percival and Spriggan give each other a nod before the Minun steadily makes his way around the corner, burying his head into his hands as he begins to cry fake tears. The guards don't spot him immediately, but as he gets closer they hear his cries and turn to inspect the issue. With the Electric type being so small and clearly distress, the pair see no need to treat him as hostile.

"Aww I wonder what is wrong with the little fella", says one of the guards as he kneels down to get a closer look at Percival. The other guard approaches as well, as soon as he's in range, Percival drops the charade and lets loose a web of electricity that wraps around the pair of foolish guards. The two cry out as they convulse on the ground, Percival can't help but smile. With the pair temporarily subdued, Spriggan springs from cover. The bulb on his back blooms slightly, releasing a stream of glowing powder that wafts towards the electrified guards. They slowly succumb to the effect of the powder, calming down before eventually falling asleep.

"Wow", mutters Jake, "that was much easier than what I had planned." The detective chuckled, was it a better plan, or was he just incompetent? "What do you suggest we do next?"

Spriggan and Percival gained 1 level!



Biggggg5- With Hotstuff already handling the Sableye surprisingly well, you urge him to continue. The Charmander's tail fire grows stronger as he prepares to attack, releasing a scalding wave of heat and flame which washes through the entire room. The Sableye cries out in pain, its body is seared and a burn develops across its upper arms. The Dark type was forced to suffer through the Heat Wave, but once the attack subsided it grinned a wicked smile as it rushed towards Hotstuff with intent. Lowering its head, it charges into Charmander with a powerful Headbutt, catching the Charmander by surprising and causing him to flinch. The Sableye looks at piece as it delights in the Fire type's pain. With Hotstuff struggling to react, the Sableye lashes out, scratching its incredibly sharp claws across the Charmander's soft stomach.

Finally managing to overcome the debilitating effects of the Sableye's Zen Headbutt, Hotstuff prepares to strike with his own claws. They extend as they are flushed with Dragon energy and Hotstuff quickly lashes out, clawing at the Sableye's head. The Sableye seems to be weakening as it stumbles back, but it still shows no sign of backing down. Regaining its footing, it thrusts its hands forward once more, sending another dark bolt at Hotstuff that slams into his chest. The Charmander collapses to the ground, he struggles to get back to his feet. His blue tail flame flickers, threatening to go out for a moment before suddenly erupting. Hotstuff leaps back to his feet, empowered as his ability is ignited and his tail flame blazes brighter than ever.

Hotstuff was ready to fight with renewed vigour, but it was uncertain how long he would be able to continue for. The Sableye was looking weaker, a bit more and it would likely be weak enough to capture.



Gemini Spark- Deciding it is best to avoiding talking to Connors directly, you start to piece together a plan. Wendy shifts her grip on the captured goon, allowing him the ability to follow your instructions. Emily looks a little confused as you explain to the man that he is to answer the phone and tell his boss that he has captured the girl and he was on his way back.

"Alright, I'll do it, just promise me I'll get away unharmed." The man pleads, however Emily still seems a little angry.

"You'll be left unharmed if my parents are unharmed", shouts Emily. "If Connors has hurt them in any way, I'll make sure you suffer!"

"Arceus be damned, you're crazy!" The man signals for the phone, "give me the phone, I'll do exactly what you told me too." Emily gives you a nod and you hand the man the phone. He answers it and puts it on loudspeaker, allowing you and Emily to hear the entire conversation.

"Where the hell are you!" A voice blares through the phone, it was safe to assume that it was Trent Connors.

"Had a slight hiccup boss but I'm on my way back with the girl now. I'm assuming you want me to bring her to your office?" You can hear the nervousness in the man's voice, hopefully Connors didn't pick it up as well."

"No", instructs the voice, "you're to meet me at the warehouse instead. I expect you hear within the hour, otherwise your contract is void."

"Yes sir", murmurs the man, "I will be there as soon as I can, you have my word." The call is then terminated from the other end, it seems that Connors didn't suspect a thing. The man looks at you, with curiosity in his eyes. "What do you plan to do now?"
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:23 PM   #250
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post

morningstar

Croquette was too naive for his own good, and you knew that this would eventually get him into trouble. But you were determined that today wouldn't be that day. As you spotted the man, the small Togepi seemed to do the same. It began to rush towards the man, intent on playing with it's newfound friend. As you grabbed the small egg, you tried your best to restrain it. The man didn't look dangerous, just somewhat of an odd sight in such a dark and dreary castle. You certainly didn't want to startle the man, but your Togepi seemed to have other plans. He let out a loud screech as he began to cry, causing the man to let out some sort of gruff curse as he nailed his head on the bottom of the bed due to jolting upright.

"What in fresh hell?!" He yelled, his voice muffled due to his position to the floor. He had somewhat of an accent, dripping with English origin. You could hear him pull himself out, placing his gloved hands on the bed. He pulled himself upward and looked at you and your Pokemon, rubbing his head in the spot he must've hit. As you apologized profusely he couldn't help but have a grin come to his face, eying you and your Togepi. He stood up and approached you as you asked what he was looking for, his freckled face a welcome sight. He certainly didn't look like a bad person, his caramel skin breathed a sense of warmth into the dankness of this castle.

"Ello' love. I'm just searching for..." He paused, seemingly trying to think of if he should actually disclose his motives. "Oh what the hell. I'm Bentley, you can just call me Ben though!" He said, awfully chipper for someone who had just nailed their head rather forcefully. He stuck of his hand to shake yours, before gesturing towards the bed. "You've heard of the mad king, yeah? Well apparently this dude had a whole stash of treasure and according to one of my sources... well," He tugged at his jean pocket, producing an odd note that was seemingly cryptic in nature.

What has a bed but doesn’t sleep and a mouth but never eats?

"You see, I assumed it meant the baby. I don't think the wee tyke lasted very long before the madness set in." He looked at you, noticing you had seemingly been taken aback by his words. "Oh! Sorry, that was very inappropriate! No one should have to think about that!" He flushed red, seemingly embarrassed by making you uncomfortable.

"I don't think before I talk, not used to having company." He laughed to himself, suddenly looking at you intently. "You look like an intelligent lass, do you think you could give me a hand?"
What do you do?


The young man's outburst after smacking his head on the bedframe startled both Athena and Croquette. Thankfully, he wasn't angry, and was rather pleasant to look at. Athena blushed a bit as the stranger addressed her as 'love'. He introduced himself as Bentley, and Croquette was immediately ready to become his best friend. He jumped out of Athena's arms and started playing with the man's shoes. With her hands free, Athena was able to receive Ben's handshake
"Nice to meet you," She returned, picking up Croquette again and letting him play instead with one of the strings on her jacket. Ben turned over a piece of paper, and Athena scanned over the words.
"You see, I assumed it meant the baby," Ben started to explain. Athena couldn't help but gasp a little bit. The sleeping part she understood, but not eating? What else was behind the misfortune that befell this royal family? She noticed that Ben was embarassed and became embarassed herself.
"Oh, no, I mean that's a good idea to start with..." She tried to make him feel better. She took another look at the riddle and couldn't help but smile when it clicked.
"A river." Athena stated.
"Pii?" Croquette questioned, wondering what was so interesting about the piece of paper. He tried to grab it from Athena.
"You know, cause there's a river bed...and the mouth of the river..." She awkwardly explained, hoping Ben would understand. "So maybe there's a river around here?" The trainer shifted her weight on her feet a bit and looked around the room. There was still a question lingering in the air, did he want her to continue helping him out? A treasure hunt seemed interesting, but they had just met, and he probably had his own ideas for what to do with whatever he found.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.