UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 05-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Aliens.

And one day, a young man with no natural talent in predicting and sometimes with some rather bad taste in Pokemon knew as well, the answer, it was aliens.

Spoiler: show

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 3 Spd
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Aliens. Beheeyem is probably the one thing you DON'T think of when you are considering an NU psychic. Indeed, it doesn't seem very worthy, with only 75/75 physical bulk and a very poor base 40 speed. But, is the speed the problem?

With the Analytic boost, Beheeyem hits harder than Deoxys-A. Yes, THAT Deoxys-A. In a tier where few good special walls exist!? You bet, and you will be very seriously hard-pressed to find a Pokemon that isn't OHKOed by one of Beheeyem's attacks. Finding a Pokemon that isn't 2HKOd? Impossible. When Analytic is combined with the power of Choice Specs, each and every attack has 95% more power. That is essentially making every Pokemon have a weakness to his attacks!

Psychic is the bread and butter move on the set. With a nice 90 base power, it can wreck anything in its path. Why not Psyshock? Because Psychic already hits everything that could be specially bulky like a truck.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Beheeyem Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Articuno: 189-223 (49.34 - 58.22%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO

This is the kind of power we are talking about. Psyshock is even worse for it since it will make physical walls like Tangela and Alomomola harder to deal with. Psychic will OHKO them, but Psyshock won't.

Thunderbolt is another good move on the set, and helps to hit many of the Water types in the tier for good damage. It can strike down Pokemon like Braviary, and Articuno very much fears this move. Thunderbolt is nice for screwing over Gorebyss as well.

Signal Beam hits one of the few Pokemon who can actually be said to deal with this set, Munsharna and Gardevoir. They take massive damage from a Signal Beam, with most offensive Gardevoir being OHKOed and Munsharna being 2HKOd. It also has enough power that it is decent against offensive teams, as most offensive Pokemon are 2HKOd by Signal Beam.

HP Ground is the final move, and is a good move for OHKOing Skuntank every time. It isn't bad against other Pokemon who can take the other hits, like Bastiondon and Probopass.

Beheeyem has its problems, mostly being it has to take a hit before dealing any damage, but it such a good Pokemon for the team that I often use it to deal with a lot of threats.

Synergy:
Dark: Sawk, Skuntank
Bug: Rotom-F, Sawk
Ghost: Skuntank

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash

This Rotom was originally supposed to be a DualScreener, but I found that it was really bad as a dual screener and that being a Scarfer would be so much better for it. Gorebyss get to +2? Don't worry, Rotom outspeeds and KOes with Volt Switch. Primeape giving you problems? Rotom can switch in on U-Turn and Close Combat easily. Altaria? HP Ice. Rotom is just an all-around good revenge killer.

Not only that, but it easily neuters certain threats should they come in. Piloswine, Tangela, Misdreavus all hate Trick, and so does Ursaring, as without the Guts boost it can't hold a candle to my team.

Air Slash is good for cleaning up to, as a weakened team may not have the ability to stop Rotom once it gets going. The 30% chance to Flinch is also very nice.

Eelektross @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 172 HP / 84 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

In a team which really doesn't have a good bulky answer to things and relies mainly on resistances, Eelektross does nothing but deliver and make me misspell his name. He can take a few hits from some of the more scary Pokemon in the tier and keep them running. For example, Eelektross is never OHKOd by a +1 Pinsir, and roasts it with Flamethrower. Golurk is 2HKOd by Giga Drain, and, as an added bonus, never 2HKOes Eelektross because of Levitate. Giga Drain is actually part of this sets greatness, adding a lot of longevity to the Pokemon and making it so attacks can more easily be taken. It can never be OHKOd by Spiker Scoliopede's Megahorn either, and loves to be OHKOd by Flamethrower. Unfortunately, with some many threats that are handled by Eelektross, he can run a little thin at times.

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Taunt

Skuntank is am amazing Pokemon in NU. His bulk isn't bad, and what is better is his amazing revenge killing capacity. He can easily Sucker Punch foes that give the team problems, like Pinsir, Ludicolo, and Gorebyss, removing them from the game. He traps Psychics with a combination of Taunt, Sucker Punch, and Pursuit. Never mind the fact that Crunch has decent power on its own and that the defense drop can be gamechanging. Even Golurk will fall to this beast if he has taken some prior damage. While just piling on Dark moves seems really bad, each has their own utility and Poison sucks as an attacking type.

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Yeah, I know, this isn't a Bulk Up Sawk, but Sawk doesn't need Bulk Up to absolutely wreck everything. Banded Sawk is something you don't see often enough, which is a pity since it wrecks everything. Similar to how Beheeyem just breaks walls, Sawk just breaks physical walls. Specially defensive versions of Alomomola are 2HKOd by Sawk, a might acheivement. Weezing has to worry about Earthquake, as it 2HKOs. Altaria won't switch into Ice Punch, Scoliopede runs at the sight of Stone Edge. I know my comments are getting shorter an shorter, but sometimes, no explanations are needed.

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss

I have to leave shortly, but I'll make this quick. Jynx is my set-up sweeper, and it totally wrecks teams. I come in carefree on Alomomola, and proceed to Sub on it. Dry Skin helps to check Ludicolo, as the auto-recovery from Dry Skin takes a lot of Ludi's thunder away from him. Primeape takes a lot from an Ice Beam on the switch. Lovely Kiss put counters away.

SOON TO COME:
THREATS
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team