UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 08:42 PM   #751
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Despite managing to deal some considerably damage to the Gyarados, it seemed to be full of answers and with a powerful Hurricane it had turn Lapras into a sitting Ducklett. In a confused state, there was no way Lapras could tangle with this Gyarados. Thankfully Yanmega knew just what to do. It claws at your bag and you soon realise that it is trying to get at a Lum Berry, so you quickly dig one out for it. As soon as the Yanmega has the berry, it zips down to deposit it in Lapras' mouth. The Ice type feels almost instant relief, her mind clearing quickly. Now it was time to hit the Gyarados with another Freeze Dry!

Yeah, Gyarados isn't about to let that happen. The Gyarados begins to Torment Lapras, preventing her from repeating the same technique that she'd used to cause so much pain. The way Gyarados was able to counter your orders, it was as if it had experience far beyond that of a wild Pokemon. Unable to use Freeze Dry just yet, Lapras instead attempts to Sing a song in hopes of soothing the raging beast. Unfortunately it doesn't take too kindly to the melody and promptly drowns it out with a tremendous Roar! Lapras is scared so much that she retreats down river, dipping under the water in hopes of concealing herself, who could blame her?

With Lapras cowering in fear and the Gyarados showing no signs of stopping, perhaps the only way to stop it is to capture it? You through a Hail Mary, tossing an Ultra Ball at the Water Serpent, but the ball promptly bounces back as soon as it strikes the Gyarados. The ball flashes, what was going on?

"Hey!" A voice booms out from up river, as you turn to face it a woman rushes out of a thicket of trees. "Leave my Gyarados alone!"
Thus far, Willa and Yanmega's plan was going off without a hitch. Yanmega delivered the Lum Berry to Lapras in no time, curing her confusion, but that's where the smooth going stopped. Despite Willa's orders being completely nonverbal, Gyarados was able to guess what Lapras was going to do and stopped it with... Torment? That was an incredibly specific move, not one that one tends to see from a wild Gyarados. Something that could likewise be said for Fire Blast, for that matter. And to top that off, Lapras's attempts at Sing were drowned out by an earsplitting Roar that not only nullified the song but terrified the singer- Lapras fled down the river, descending beneath the water as she did so. "Lapras!" Willa called out. But she couldn't catch her Pokémon's attention. But then, there was very clearly something Willa could catch, now wasn't there? Gyarados had always been a Pokémon she'd sought to train in any case, and there was one right here. Moreover, it was on a rampage, and nothing Willa had with her seemed to have what it took to stop it completely. Well, except Eelektross, she reasoned, but then, there was the matter of not wanting to electrocute literally everything in the river, Lapras included.

No, the time to act had come. With her free hand, Willa flicked a few errant strands of hair out of her face in loving imitation of how her boyfriend always turned his hat backwards, and then hurled the sphere. "Go, Ultra Ball!!" Willa exclaimed.

The ball struck Gyarados, and... bounced right off, not even trying to open! All it did was flash as Willa hastened to retrieve it, and just as she started to piece together the truth, there came a woman rushing out of a thicket of trees to remove all doubt. Of course- this was not a wild Gyarados. This was a Trainer-owned Gyarados, accounting for the immense power, the unusual selection of moves, and the clear and abundant battling expertise.

"So it's not wild, then," Willa said in response. "I should have guessed as much by how well it was battling, and I do apologize," she said to the woman. "I never figured on hooking someone else's Pokémon while fishing, I'd come out here with the intention of catching a Pokémon myself. Then this Gyarados grabbed the line and practically dragged me up the river, and ended up destroying my boyfriend's Fishing Rod, so I figured it was wild." She gave a respectful bow to the woman, and produced another Berry from her bag. "I apologize again," she said, offering the Sitrus Berry to the woman. "This is for Gyarados. I am Willa, by the way- Willa Carnet. And this is Yanmega, and... my Lapras is somewhere in the river," she added, sounding concerned as she looked out at the water, while mentally calling out to Lapras, trying to convince her to resurface, telling her the battle was over.

OOC: Sitrus Berry is #2 of 5.

Quote:
Willa used Ultra Ball!

----

*?!*

----

The Trainer blocked the Ball! Don't be a thief!
Old 07-26-2019, 04:44 AM   #752
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Since I have a new updater I've written a new intro, not claiming the $250 since I did for a previous one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post

Galea Plains: A vast stretch of rolling grassy hills. There are a few scattered trees that supply shade as a gentle breeze blows from the mountain. There is a ranger’s cabin that allows travelers to rest up their Pokemon and prepare for the hike that is yet to come. A wide variety of Pokemon inhabit this area. (Please reply in lightgreen)
Xander was on high alert. There was no way of knowing where they would come from. He stood under a lone tree, the only noticeable landmark on the rolling grassy hills around him. The Galea Plains were beautiful, yet something lurked in the grass. The light wind wasn't helping his nerves, it made the wind rustle, making it almost impossible for him to hear them closing in.

"Alright, where are you, I know you're here", Xander spoke calmly, hoping to provoke them into revealing themselves. It was then that a Frubble dropped onto his head, directing his attention to the branches above him. As they dropped their Camouflage, his Pokemon came into view. Chimchar, Froakie and Treecko had managed to slip straight past him, they certainly had the edge when it came to a game of forty four home! "Okay you three, I get it, your too good for me! That'll do for a warm up, how about we go and find us something a bit more challenging?" The trio nodded before dropping down from the tree, they were always eager to test themselves. The plains were surely home to some strong Pokemon, they might even encounter another trainer or two, it was just a matter of what they ran into first.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:02 AM   #753
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- It didn't take long for you to put the final pieces of the puzzle together, this Gyarados belonged to someone! It shouldn't have been too big of a surprise, considering how it had battled so well without instruction and seemed to possess moves you wouldn't expect to find on a Wild Pokemon. As you do your best to explain the situation and apologise, the woman introduces herself.

"I see, so it was all just a big misunderstanding. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mariana Swift, Trial Captain of the Fountain Garden." The woman brushes her dark blue hair back over her shoulders. "Normally my Gyarados wouldn't be so aggressive towards strangers, but given the timing it is a little on edge. I'm sorry about your fishing rod, I could lend you one of mine if you are wanting to participate in the contest."

You have no idea what contest Mariana could be talking about, but thankfully she sees this in your eyes and quickly explains. "Oh you haven't heard about the contest? I shouldn't have assumed, but its an annual event. Once a year, we have a big Magikarp fishing contest up at the Starline Falls. The biggest and strongest are released down the river so they can make their way out to the ocean and evolve. As I said before, if you'd like to participate, I could lend you one of my rods." Mariana accepts the Sitrus berry from you and tosses it to her Gyarados who promptly swallows it whole. Lapras also resurfaces and gingerly makes her way back towards you, still wary of the Gyarados.

Lapras gained 2 levels
Mawile gained 1 level
Yanmega gained 1 level

Old 07-27-2019, 09:21 PM   #754
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- It didn't take long for you to put the final pieces of the puzzle together, this Gyarados belonged to someone! It shouldn't have been too big of a surprise, considering how it had battled so well without instruction and seemed to possess moves you wouldn't expect to find on a Wild Pokemon. As you do your best to explain the situation and apologise, the woman introduces herself.

"I see, so it was all just a big misunderstanding. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mariana Swift, Trial Captain of the Fountain Garden." The woman brushes her dark blue hair back over her shoulders. "Normally my Gyarados wouldn't be so aggressive towards strangers, but given the timing it is a little on edge. I'm sorry about your fishing rod, I could lend you one of mine if you are wanting to participate in the contest."

You have no idea what contest Mariana could be talking about, but thankfully she sees this in your eyes and quickly explains. "Oh you haven't heard about the contest? I shouldn't have assumed, but its an annual event. Once a year, we have a big Magikarp fishing contest up at the Starline Falls. The biggest and strongest are released down the river so they can make their way out to the ocean and evolve. As I said before, if you'd like to participate, I could lend you one of my rods." Mariana accepts the Sitrus berry from you and tosses it to her Gyarados who promptly swallows it whole. Lapras also resurfaces and gingerly makes her way back towards you, still wary of the Gyarados.

Lapras gained 2 levels
Mawile gained 1 level
Yanmega gained 1 level
Willa sounded calm and collected as she addressed this woman, but inside, she was worried. Worried that the Trainer might be as angry and inconsolable as the Gyarados, worried about her explanation, truthful though it was, going unheeded. And yet, such worries turned out baseless- Mariana, as she was called, was quick to realize the entire situation was a big misunderstanding, and properly introduced herself. Willa was briefly surprised to discover that she was the Trial Captain of the Fountain Garden, though not by the concept of Trial Captains themselves- she'd heard tell from Terri of the Cloud Garden's trials, and even seen the two badges the mysterious Trainer had won so far.

However, the mention of a contest threw Willa off so much that actual confusion registered in her eyes, to the point where Mariana was able to pick up on it. She was happy to explain- it was an annual Magikarp fishing contest, in which the biggest and strongest Magikarp were released down the river so that they could swim out to the ocean and subsequently evolve. Moreover, she was willing to lend Willa one of her fishing rods if she had any interest in participating.

Willa gave a small smile. "That sounds like fun," she said. "Sure, I'd like to participate." Even with such a harrowing experience being her first time fishing on her own, Willa was still willing to test out her fishing skills in what would hopefully be a much less life-threatening situation. And then, as Lapras surfaced, Willa approached the wary Transport Pokémon. Lapras was still casting nervous glances at the Gyarados, but was reassured by Willa's presence, and even gave a smile as Willa started stroking her head. "You battled very well, my friend," she said. "Even if this was all a misunderstanding, you still did very well against such a powerful Pokémon. And Yanmega, you were also a big help," she added to the Bug/Flying-type who was now landing on Lapras's head. "If it weren't for you, I likely would have been dragged underwater."

"Yan ya!" Yanmega rumbled in response, sounding quite pleased at the praise.

Willa smiled at her Pokémon, though said smile faded as she looked at an Ultra Ball in her hand. She then turned back to the Trial Captain. "Mariana, is there a Pokémon Center around here?" Willa inquired. "My Mawile sustained heavy damage and a burn from Gyarados's Fire Blast earlier."

*Lapras grew to level 36!*

*Lapras grew to level 37!*

*Lapras learned Brine!*

*Mawile grew to level 8!*

*Yanmega grew to level 9!*
Old 07-29-2019, 11:27 PM   #755
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Ironthunder- Caeda's boiling blast shoots down the hole and into the darkness beyond, though not to any immediate reaction. Caeda's nostrils emit thin trails of steam as she unrelentingly stares into it, waiting for something, anything. She's definitely out to teach whoever wronged Liawe and their family a lesson, even it involves picking a fight to do so.

A moment later, however, Liawe recalls her, and rightfully so. Tantei has taken to a nearby rock to hide, clearly startled by Caeda's outburst and worried about what will happen next. He trembles and chatters his teeth as they wait... and wait... and wait... but still, nothing seems to come of Caeda's attack at all. Perhaps this hole isn't where the thief went?

Carl and Calem seem to think so, as they continue to circle high up in the sky and scour the immediate mountainside for any sign of their lunch, but to no avail. Surely, if they also snagged the blanket they should be easy to spot, right? Realizing this, Mae's frantic fluttering about starts to slow, and a hopeless frown is drawn across her face. It may be that the culprit is already long gone, if they were so fast as to just nick their lunch in the blink of an eye.

Meanwhile, Summer is still dozing off nearby. Completely unaware about the situation, she idly yawns and rolls over onto her back to bathe her belly in some pleasant sunlight. In her napping, though, she forgets about the hill's slope, and after turning onto her back she begins to roll much further and faster than intended.

Tantei squeals again to alert Liawe of the runaway Vulpix, but luckily she doesn't make it far before she's caught and safely stopped by a small bulge in the ground nearby. The Dedenne sighs in relief, and Summer is none the wiser as she nestles herself into the hump and enjoys the warm sensation of steam running across her fur... wait, steam?

As it turns out, Caeda's attack appears to have done something, even if it seemingly missed the thief! The high-pressure blast has caused the gravel near the entrance to the hole to bulge out slightly, while steam from the super-heated water is seeping through the rocks and rising into the air in nearly-invisible wisps. Apparently, the hole runs down the hill, as the running water creates a moving trail of steam for them to follow!

From the looks of things, it seems to be heading further down the mountain towards its base, where Liawe can see the tops of Cloud Garden's mighty and ancient forest. Will Liawe give chase, abandoning their day of relaxation in the meadow to follow their best lead for catching the lunch thieves?
Old 08-22-2019, 12:46 AM   #756
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Heather- Oricorio seems to be taking a second to catch its breath after feeling the sensation of its own attacks being blown back at it by Bide. The look on its face is humbled, to say the least, and it appears to be approaching this next exchange with great care.

Just as the Trapinch is being switched out, the Oricorio takes a deep breath and flaps its wings with vigor, causing the winds rolling over the hills to suddenly swerve and change their course. The tall grass surrounding the battlefield begins to dance in favor of Oricorio with its use of Tailwind, increasing its speed, an advantage it may sorely need against a swift opponent like a Pachirisu. Oricorio spreads its wings and gets ready to take off at a moment’s notice, while Patches sports a playful grin and shakes her tail, generating small crackles of static as the wind blows against her face.

There’s a few beats of stillness as the two ready up... until suddenly the two leap into action! The pom-pom Pokemon jumps from their stance, angling their wings like a sail against the gusting winds to propel itself across the large gap between it and Patches. At the same time, the Pachirisu begins to surround herself in crackling electricity, making her whole body glow a pale blue.

The two Pokemon are normally fairly evenly-matched in speed, but thanks to Tailwind and a slight difference in experience, Oricorio manages to close the gap before Patches can fire! It flaps its wings and redirects some of the wind into a pressurized wave, once again opting to strike with Air Cutter. Pachirisu is too preoccupied with charging to be able to dodge, and so she takes a fair amount of punishment as she has to dig her feet in to stay put against the rippling winds.

A split second later, Patches finally stores up enough electricity to fire, and as the Oricorio makes a pass over its opponent, she lets a burst of static out towards the sky! The Shock Wave of electricity calculates an unerring course towards Oricorio, and the Pokemon lets out a surprised trill upon being struck. Luckily, its Electric-typing gives it enough control over the current to keep its wings from getting clipped out of the air, but it can only do so much with the dwindling stamina it has.

The pom-pom Pokemon quickly banks around in the air to take a second pass at Patches, while she simply discharges the excess static from the Move and prepares for the second phase of her mission. Not wanting to give Patches time to charge another attack like that, Oricorio comes directly at her, beak pointing forwards like a spear. Patches reacts swiftly to the incoming Peck by jumping towards her foe, practically placing herself in the line of fire! Just as it looks like she’s doing to take a direct hit, however, she maneuvers her agile body to slip above the Oricorio, placing her in the prime position to slam the Pokemon with her bushy tail as she flies by in a Quick Attack and lands in front of her Trainer with a satisfied grin on her face!

The Oricorio wobbles in the air from the hit, and quickly comes tumbling back down to earth, landing in the dirt with a thud. As the dust from the impact settles, Mint can clearly see that Oricorio is stunned and unable to battle further. This is her chance to go for a capture! What will Mint do?
Old 08-23-2019, 08:53 PM   #757
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- You express an interest in the contest, however before you could participate you'd need to get your Pokemon healed. Mawile was in need of medical attention, having received heavy damage and burns from Gyarados. Lapras had also taken a fair amount of damage, thankfully Mariana was more than happy to direct you towards the nearest Center.

"Its a bit of a detour but if you head out onto the Galea plains you should soon run into a ranger's cabin. They'll be able to sort you out, then head straight for the Starline Waterfall. The contest starts in a few hours so I need to go and make sure everything is in order. I'll have a rod ready for you when you get there, just try not to be late okay?" With that, Mariana leaves you, mounting her Gyarados and heading up river.

You use Lapras to cross the river before recalling her. You head out over the plains, thankfully the hills in this area are few and far between, allowing you to see across a wide area. It's a little under an hour by the time you spot the ranger's cabin and thankfully it is rather quiet inside so your Pokemon are seen to quickly. From the cabin it is a mad dash back towards the river. You save time by taking a diagonal route, heading back the direction you came but tapering to the north.

As you arrive at the base of the falls, you realise just how big of a deal this fishing competition is. A horde of anglers have arrived to participate in the annual competition and were busy preparing their rods and Pokemon for the competition. You spot Mariana organising the final details on the judging panel and quickly make your way towards her. She turns and spots you, a smile on her face.

"I'm glad you made it!" Mariana smiles as she pulls out a rather flash looking fishing rod. I'm afraid the only rod I have that isn't spoken for is this new rod I got as a free sample from a salesman. He talked it up though, said it was the most advanced rod on the market. It's actually identical to the rod we are giving away as first prize. Why don't you check it out and get your Pokemon sorted while we finish off the final touches? I'll be making an announcement shortly and then the competition will get underway.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:29 PM   #758
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDRGN View Post
Heather- Oricorio seems to be taking a second to catch its breath after feeling the sensation of its own attacks being blown back at it by Bide. The look on its face is humbled, to say the least, and it appears to be approaching this next exchange with great care.

Just as the Trapinch is being switched out, the Oricorio takes a deep breath and flaps its wings with vigor, causing the winds rolling over the hills to suddenly swerve and change their course. The tall grass surrounding the battlefield begins to dance in favor of Oricorio with its use of Tailwind, increasing its speed, an advantage it may sorely need against a swift opponent like a Pachirisu. Oricorio spreads its wings and gets ready to take off at a moment’s notice, while Patches sports a playful grin and shakes her tail, generating small crackles of static as the wind blows against her face.

There’s a few beats of stillness as the two ready up... until suddenly the two leap into action! The pom-pom Pokemon jumps from their stance, angling their wings like a sail against the gusting winds to propel itself across the large gap between it and Patches. At the same time, the Pachirisu begins to surround herself in crackling electricity, making her whole body glow a pale blue.

The two Pokemon are normally fairly evenly-matched in speed, but thanks to Tailwind and a slight difference in experience, Oricorio manages to close the gap before Patches can fire! It flaps its wings and redirects some of the wind into a pressurized wave, once again opting to strike with Air Cutter. Pachirisu is too preoccupied with charging to be able to dodge, and so she takes a fair amount of punishment as she has to dig her feet in to stay put against the rippling winds.

A split second later, Patches finally stores up enough electricity to fire, and as the Oricorio makes a pass over its opponent, she lets a burst of static out towards the sky! The Shock Wave of electricity calculates an unerring course towards Oricorio, and the Pokemon lets out a surprised trill upon being struck. Luckily, its Electric-typing gives it enough control over the current to keep its wings from getting clipped out of the air, but it can only do so much with the dwindling stamina it has.

The pom-pom Pokemon quickly banks around in the air to take a second pass at Patches, while she simply discharges the excess static from the Move and prepares for the second phase of her mission. Not wanting to give Patches time to charge another attack like that, Oricorio comes directly at her, beak pointing forwards like a spear. Patches reacts swiftly to the incoming Peck by jumping towards her foe, practically placing herself in the line of fire! Just as it looks like she’s doing to take a direct hit, however, she maneuvers her agile body to slip above the Oricorio, placing her in the prime position to slam the Pokemon with her bushy tail as she flies by in a Quick Attack and lands in front of her Trainer with a satisfied grin on her face!

The Oricorio wobbles in the air from the hit, and quickly comes tumbling back down to earth, landing in the dirt with a thud. As the dust from the impact settles, Mint can clearly see that Oricorio is stunned and unable to battle further. This is her chance to go for a capture! What will Mint do?
Mint watches closely as Oricorio takes the time she uses to switch to whip up a fierce Tailwind. With the cool breeze now at her face and keeping any stray strands of hair firmly out of her face, she is practically grateful to the bird for its strategizing. But just as quickly, her focus returns to the battle at hand. Patches begins charging her Shock Wave attack, but Oricorio quickly flew in to counter with an Air Cutter. Patches isn't so much bothered by the damage of the attack as much as being nearly torn off her feet mid-charge as the Tailwind only added to the force of the sharp gusts.

Despite the trouble, Patches holds her ground and lets loose with a loud "Chi-PAAAAAAA!" Oricorio stumbles, and Mint realizes that perhaps this specimen is ill-adapted to the electrokinesis this form is meant to allow it. It may be young, or simply better suited to a different form. Whatever the case may be, perhaps she need not have worried so much about how well it could have dodged any other electric attack.

Once again returning her focus to the action, Mint is just in time to see Patches use her Quick Attack to a beautiful advantage, faking out Oricorio's Peck and delivering a clean blow to its back. Just as Mint is ready to continue the fight, however, Oricorio wobbles in the air and falls to the ground. It would seem that Mint was victorious against her opponent!

"Great work Patches, stand back!" Mint orders as she digs through her pack to find an empty Poke Ball. Once she finds it, she readies it and heaves it against the remaining winds with her sharpest aim. Patches stands behind Mint's leg, ready to return to battle in case the bird decides to get back up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 08-25-2019, 01:51 AM   #759
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- You express an interest in the contest, however before you could participate you'd need to get your Pokemon healed. Mawile was in need of medical attention, having received heavy damage and burns from Gyarados. Lapras had also taken a fair amount of damage, thankfully Mariana was more than happy to direct you towards the nearest Center.

"Its a bit of a detour but if you head out onto the Galea plains you should soon run into a ranger's cabin. They'll be able to sort you out, then head straight for the Starline Waterfall. The contest starts in a few hours so I need to go and make sure everything is in order. I'll have a rod ready for you when you get there, just try not to be late okay?" With that, Mariana leaves you, mounting her Gyarados and heading up river.

You use Lapras to cross the river before recalling her. You head out over the plains, thankfully the hills in this area are few and far between, allowing you to see across a wide area. It's a little under an hour by the time you spot the ranger's cabin and thankfully it is rather quiet inside so your Pokemon are seen to quickly. From the cabin it is a mad dash back towards the river. You save time by taking a diagonal route, heading back the direction you came but tapering to the north.

As you arrive at the base of the falls, you realise just how big of a deal this fishing competition is. A horde of anglers have arrived to participate in the annual competition and were busy preparing their rods and Pokemon for the competition. You spot Mariana organising the final details on the judging panel and quickly make your way towards her. She turns and spots you, a smile on her face.

"I'm glad you made it!" Mariana smiles as she pulls out a rather flash looking fishing rod. I'm afraid the only rod I have that isn't spoken for is this new rod I got as a free sample from a salesman. He talked it up though, said it was the most advanced rod on the market. It's actually identical to the rod we are giving away as first prize. Why don't you check it out and get your Pokemon sorted while we finish off the final touches? I'll be making an announcement shortly and then the competition will get underway.
Mariana was happy to direct Willa to... well, not a Pokémon Center, per se, but rather a ranger's cabin. Willa did not comment on this- as long as they'd be able to heal her Pokémon, she was quite fine with that. And thus, after Mariana rode away on her Gyarados, Willa climbed onto Lapras's shell. "Yanmega," she added to the Bug/Flying-type still on Lapras's head. "Are you content to ride there or do you need a rest?"

"Yan ya," Yanmega rumbled, shaking his head and staying still. Willa gave a faint smile, before turning her attention to her Lapras. "Alright, Lapras- let's go," she said. And with a squealing cry of agreement, Lapras was off, ferrying her Trainer and teammate across the river. Once they'd reached their destination and Willa was back on dry land, she withdrew Lapras, at which point Yanmega also consented to get back in his ball. And then, Willa was walking on her own until she reac
hed the Galea Plains. There were hills, but not as many of them as there could've been, giving Willa a largely uninterrupted view. This in turn helped her to discover the ranger's cabin in less than an hour. Mercifully, it was fairly quiet inside, so her Pokémon were tended to in no time at all. This was more than OK with Willa- not only was she going to be on time for the competition, but her Pokémon were getting taken care of all the quicker.

Her Pokémon fully healed, and the rangers gratefully and sincerely thanked, Willa exited and hastened back to the river. By and large, she went back the way she came, but she also went ever so slightly to the north as she went along, so that by the time she got to the ri
ver, she had made it to the base of the falls. And in doing so, she came to the realization that this competition was something of a big deal. Though her face betrayed none of this, Willa was a bit nervous. Here were numerous anglers, all of them almost assuredly more experienced than Willa. But, Willa reminded herself, she had just proven that a rampaging Gyarados snagging her fishing line hadn't been enough to deter her. She survived that ordeal, even if the same couldn't be said for Keith's Fishing Rod, and she'd held on with pure stubbornness that said Fishing Rod's owner would surely be proud of. No, she deserved to be here, and she'd prove it.

At that moment, Mariana noticed that Willa had arrived, and smiled as she approached, producing a flashy and very cool Fishing Rod, stating that this was her only Fishing Rod that wasn't already spoken for, apparently a free sample from a quite persuasive salesman who claimed it to be the most advanced rod on the market. And this time, Willa was certain her face betrayed healthy skepticism, for Mariana went on to say that the rod was actually identical to the rod that was being given away as first prize. That was much more effective at putting Willa at ease. "Thank you," she said, accepting the Fishing Rod from Mariana. She nodded at Mariana's suggestion, and examined the Fishing Rod, checking it out, trying to see for herself how much truth there was to the claims of superiority of this unknown salesman. After this, she sent out her Mawile once more, who looked quite pleased to no longer be burned. "Mawile, ready to try again?" asked Willa.

One might think that given their last experience fishing, Mawile might not be especially eager to give that another try. And one would be wrong- Mawile could tell that Willa wasn't letting that incident deter her, and that was good enough for the Steel/Fairy-type. "Maw maw!" she exclaimed.

"Very good," Willa smiled. "I'll want your help reeling in the tougher catches, though hopefully none will be quite as tough as that Gyarados," she added with the merest hint of a chuckle. Then, after a bit of thought, she took out another Ultra Ball, unable to keep herself from smiling as she let out her Scatterbug. The Scatterdust Pokémon stood on her Trainer's shoulder, looking over at her curiously. "Scatterbug, you be ready as well," Willa said gently.

"Scatter!" Scatterbug nodded. Neither of them knew exactly for what Scatterbug ought actually be ready, though Willa's mind was concocting scenarios such as String Shot being necessary to either repair fishing line or assist it in reeling something in, or Rage Powder being of use in this... in all honesty, Willa simply liked the idea of Scatterbug being present during this, almost like a good luck charm of sorts. With all that settled, now all that remained was for her to hear out Mariana's announcement, and then, to get this fishing party started.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:15 PM   #760
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Heather- The face-full of wind proves to be a challenge to Heather’s aim, forcing her to resort to throwing with all her might in order to have any hope of it making contact with the downed Oricorio.

The ball sails across the field, spinning and tumbling erratically as it fights against the air currents trying to deflect it away, almost like it was shielding Oricorio from being captured. Patches looks on with a tense expression on her face as she keeps her cheeks sparking... Just in case, of course.

Oricorio’s wings begin twitching in the seconds before the ball finally lands, the pom-pom tufts on the end beginning to crackle with electricity as they wave in the wind. The Pokemon’s eyes dart open, and it cranes its head up in a daze just as it notices the ball flying towards it, practically in slow-motion thanks to the wind. At this point, it genuinely looks like the ball is going to fall short as it curves off-course, its dwindling momentum allowing the wind to start pushing it back where it came from like a boomerang.

Patches narrows her eyes and takes a step forwards, her ears twitching as she awaits the next set of orders from Mint... But as Oricorio hops to its feet, the Pokemon takes another glance at the ball, before suddenly it hops up and dashes after it!

Utilizing the Tailwind once again, Oricorio spreads its wings wide like sails, catching as much of air as possible to rush forwards and chase after the fleeing ball. Once its right underneath, it uses the last of its strength to glide up and tap it right on the button, causing the mechanism to activate and draw the Pokemon inside!

Patches’ little mouth hangs agape as the ball sails back to the ground and rolls to Mint’s feet, shaking lightly for a few moments before it produces click of finality. The Pachirisu goes up to it curiously, wondering what would possess the Pokemon to voluntarily go after the ball. That’s when she remembers the stakes of the battle in the first place: The cheerleading Oricorio was always eager to join the party, so long as Mint could prove that she was a worthy Trainer, and it seems she did so with flying colors!

Realizing this, Patches grins as she picks up the ball for Mint and tosses it up to her. The Tailwind finally dies down, as well, returning the weather to just a faint breeze across the field. Between Marcus, Kimmy, and this little match, it’s been a long string of fighting, but now it’s finally over, leaving just one question to answer: What will Mint do now?

Mint has obtained a Level 14 Female Oricorio! It knows the Egg Move Tailwind!

Bantu gained 3 Levels!

Patches gained 2 Levels!
Old 09-19-2019, 04:49 AM   #761
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- You release Mawile and Scatterbug from their Ultra Balls. Mawile was looking fit and healthy now, there was no sign of the burn that Mariana's Gyarados had so cruelly inflicted on her. Scatterbug would potentially come in handy when it came to the contest, the Bug type's string shot could be used to repair fishing line or maybe her Rage Powder would come in use. Either way, you were ready to get started. You watch as Mariana's Gyarados rises out of the water, the Trial Captain standing atop the water serpent. It seems like things are about to kick off!

"Welcome everyone to the Starline Falls. I see a lot of familiar faces here, as well as a few new ones, so I'll restate the rules of the competition. The goal of course is to catch the largest Magikarp possible. You may only hold onto one Magikarp at a time, upon catching your second you must make a decision to either release it or switch it with the first and so on. The fisherman or fisherwoman, who reels in the biggest Magikarp will win themselves a brand new, state of the art fishing rod. There are also additional prizes but we'll keep them under wraps for now. Remember, all Magikarp caught today will be released down the Starline River so that they may travel downstream and into the ocean where they will eventually evolve. You may start on Gyarados' roar."

Everyone waits eagerly for Gyarados to give the signal and it doesn't disappoint. It lets out a tremendous roar, which ignites a rush of activity. Some of the competitors quickly mount Water Pokemon and head out onto the water. Others raise along the water's edge, rushing to secure a good position to fish from. Caught up in the frenzy, you need to make a move, what would you do?

Old 09-19-2019, 07:20 PM   #762
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- You release Mawile and Scatterbug from their Ultra Balls. Mawile was looking fit and healthy now, there was no sign of the burn that Mariana's Gyarados had so cruelly inflicted on her. Scatterbug would potentially come in handy when it came to the contest, the Bug type's string shot could be used to repair fishing line or maybe her Rage Powder would come in use. Either way, you were ready to get started. You watch as Mariana's Gyarados rises out of the water, the Trial Captain standing atop the water serpent. It seems like things are about to kick off!

"Welcome everyone to the Starline Falls. I see a lot of familiar faces here, as well as a few new ones, so I'll restate the rules of the competition. The goal of course is to catch the largest Magikarp possible. You may only hold onto one Magikarp at a time, upon catching your second you must make a decision to either release it or switch it with the first and so on. The fisherman or fisherwoman, who reels in the biggest Magikarp will win themselves a brand new, state of the art fishing rod. There are also additional prizes but we'll keep them under wraps for now. Remember, all Magikarp caught today will be released down the Starline River so that they may travel downstream and into the ocean where they will eventually evolve. You may start on Gyarados' roar."

Everyone waits eagerly for Gyarados to give the signal and it doesn't disappoint. It lets out a tremendous roar, which ignites a rush of activity. Some of the competitors quickly mount Water Pokemon and head out onto the water. Others raise along the water's edge, rushing to secure a good position to fish from. Caught up in the frenzy, you need to make a move, what would you do?
With Mawile and Scatterbug given their orders, Willa was about as ready as she was going to be, and so she listened as Mariana explained the finer points of the competition for the benefit of any new faces. And Willa's face definitely qualified as new here, so although she'd been filled in on the essentials earlier, she paid rapt attention nevertheless. The idea was to reel in the largest Magikarp, and each contestant could only hold onto one Magikarp at a time, having to throw one back if they reeled in another. And of course, whoever reeled in the biggest of the bunch won the state-of-the-art fishing rod, which Willa intended to win as a replacement for her boyfriend's Fishing Rod. There was also talk of other prizes, which intrigued Willa, though she was still set on the top prize. And of course, all Gyarados caught were to be released into the river so they'd reach the ocean and eventually evolve. Definitely something to bear in mind.

With everything said and established, everyone was waiting for Gyarados to roar, to signal the start of the competition, and roar it did! Everyone moved at once in response to this, some boarding their Water-types to fish out on the water, others trying to get a good position on the shore. And Willa was in action right along with the rest of them. She and Mawile raced towards a spot on the shore, Mawile hoping to Intimidate anyone looking to screw Willa out of the spot she was headed for. Lapras might make for a comfortable ride, but for fishing up a hopefully large Pokémon that wasn't even going into a Poké Ball, Willa thought it was best to stay on shore, give herself more room to work with.

Scatterbug clung to her Trainer's shoulder tightly as Willa focused, cast her rod, a small smile on the Ace Trainer's face as she remembered everything Keith had taught her about fishing. Whether it was the first, the second, or the twenty-second Magikarp she had to hook, Willa would get the largest one. She was determined. And Scatterbug and Mawile were both ready to assist however they might need to. Memories of Willa's previous fishing experience showed up unbidden in her mind, but she refused to let them rattle her. She had to remain calm, focus on the task at hand, and win this thing.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:52 PM   #763
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- Although you're a bit slow to jump, you eventually race off in search for a fishing spot. You decide to fish from sure, although if you wanted to later, you could always use Lapras to head out into the middle of the lake. You eventually find yourself a nice little spot underneath a tree. Some young kids approach the same spot, but a quick Intimidating glare from Mawile is enough to send them off looking for another spot. You prepare the rod and repairing your lessons from Keith, cast the lure out into the water. It hits the crystal clear water with a soft plop, the float bobs up and down gently. It wasn't until now that you notice the glowing display above the rod's reel. It seems to be a fish sensor! Mariana was right, this rod really was cutting edge!

The sensor doesn't seem to display what is in the water exactly, but it does show little fish icons swimming around, which is a good sign. You can also see where they are in relation to your lure. You watch the display closely, getting excited every time something approaches your lure, only for your excitement to be dashed as the Pokemon moves away. For some reason, nothing wants to bite. The issue certainly wasn't lack of fish, the sensor clearly showed plenty swimming around down there. You look around to see how everyone else is fairing. A bit further down the edge of the lake, you notice an old fisherman has just reeled in his first Magikarp! It isn't exactly massive, but he still managed to snag one! Out on the lake, a young man stands proudly on the shell of his Blastoise, holding a rather large Magikarp above his head for all to see. There are plenty of others working hard to reel in a catch, but unfortunately, you weren't.....

Old 10-01-2019, 07:19 PM   #764
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- Although you're a bit slow to jump, you eventually race off in search for a fishing spot. You decide to fish from sure, although if you wanted to later, you could always use Lapras to head out into the middle of the lake. You eventually find yourself a nice little spot underneath a tree. Some young kids approach the same spot, but a quick Intimidating glare from Mawile is enough to send them off looking for another spot. You prepare the rod and repairing your lessons from Keith, cast the lure out into the water. It hits the crystal clear water with a soft plop, the float bobs up and down gently. It wasn't until now that you notice the glowing display above the rod's reel. It seems to be a fish sensor! Mariana was right, this rod really was cutting edge!

The sensor doesn't seem to display what is in the water exactly, but it does show little fish icons swimming around, which is a good sign. You can also see where they are in relation to your lure. You watch the display closely, getting excited every time something approaches your lure, only for your excitement to be dashed as the Pokemon moves away. For some reason, nothing wants to bite. The issue certainly wasn't lack of fish, the sensor clearly showed plenty swimming around down there. You look around to see how everyone else is fairing. A bit further down the edge of the lake, you notice an old fisherman has just reeled in his first Magikarp! It isn't exactly massive, but he still managed to snag one! Out on the lake, a young man stands proudly on the shell of his Blastoise, holding a rather large Magikarp above his head for all to see. There are plenty of others working hard to reel in a catch, but unfortunately, you weren't.....
And they were off! Willa secured herself a nice spot under a tree, with Mawile helping to keep others from swiping said spot. And she cast her lure, doing her best to conceal the tiniest of smiles as she thought back to the fishing lessons she'd gotten from Keith.

It was then that Willa noticed the glowing display just above the reel. Her eyes widened. "A fish sensor?" she murmured. "This rod really is cutting edge. And if the prize rod really is like this... I've got to win it for him," she vowed.

Alas, this was easier said than done. The fish sensor showed where the fish were in relation to the lure, but this resulted in disappointment every time something dared to get close, for nothing was biting. And this wasn't for lack of Magikarp, either- all around, people were reeling in the things, Magikarp of all sizes, and Willa was getting nothing but increasing levels of frustration.

"OK. Easy," Willa murmured to herself. "If they aren't biting, it's surely a problem with the lure." She started to reel it in, intent on inspecting the lure. She had some berries on hand she could use as bait if necessary, but she also had another idea. "Scatterbug, Mawile, we may need to improve the lure if there is indeed something wrong with it. Mawile, your Sweet Scent will come in handy for that, and Scatterbug, I think your String Shot would be just the thing to get the Sweet Scent to stick to the lure."

"Maw maw!" grinned Mawile.

"Scatter bug," Scatterbug smiled. This plan sounded good to them both.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:05 PM   #765
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- You decide that the lure must be the issue. It makes sense, it was a brand new lure, maybe the fish could tell and were being deterred by it? Either way, you had a plan to fix it. You reel the line in, you could use some berries for bait, but first you wanted to try something else. You dangle the lure in the air, allowing Scatterbug to line up her shot. The Bug type wraps the lure in a String Shot, the sticky thread quickly coats the lure. Mawile follows up with a Sweet Scent, concentrating the blast of enticing aroma on the lure. Thanks to the String Shot, the Sweet Scent sticks to the lure, surely that would have to draw in the fish! You thank your Pokemon before casting the line once more.

You watch the sensor with renewed hope, you knew this would work and it does! The sensor shows a horde of fish swarming around the lure! The float sways from side to side, dipping under the water then popping back up. Eventually one fish takes the lure, you grip the rod and begin to reel it in. You watch the water closely, looking for signs of the deep orange of Magikarp's scales. It isn't long before something comes into view, but it isn't orange.....

A grey, elongated fish rises to the surface. The lure comes lose and the Pokemon fires a Mud Slap, nailing Mawile right in the eyes. Even though it is a Super Effective hit, the damage is minuscule, it doesn't appear to be very strong. Never the less, Mawile's accuracy is reduced as it works to clean the mud from its face. The little Barboach doesn't seem to want to go away, it prepares to attack again!

Old 10-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #766
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- You decide that the lure must be the issue. It makes sense, it was a brand new lure, maybe the fish could tell and were being deterred by it? Either way, you had a plan to fix it. You reel the line in, you could use some berries for bait, but first you wanted to try something else. You dangle the lure in the air, allowing Scatterbug to line up her shot. The Bug type wraps the lure in a String Shot, the sticky thread quickly coats the lure. Mawile follows up with a Sweet Scent, concentrating the blast of enticing aroma on the lure. Thanks to the String Shot, the Sweet Scent sticks to the lure, surely that would have to draw in the fish! You thank your Pokemon before casting the line once more.

You watch the sensor with renewed hope, you knew this would work and it does! The sensor shows a horde of fish swarming around the lure! The float sways from side to side, dipping under the water then popping back up. Eventually one fish takes the lure, you grip the rod and begin to reel it in. You watch the water closely, looking for signs of the deep orange of Magikarp's scales. It isn't long before something comes into view, but it isn't orange.....

A grey, elongated fish rises to the surface. The lure comes lose and the Pokemon fires a Mud Slap, nailing Mawile right in the eyes. Even though it is a Super Effective hit, the damage is minuscule, it doesn't appear to be very strong. Never the less, Mawile's accuracy is reduced as it works to clean the mud from its face. The little Barboach doesn't seem to want to go away, it prepares to attack again!
Willa smiled as Scatterbug and Mawile worked together on the lure. Sweet Scent had to work- it was, after all, a move historically used for luring in wild Pokémon to one's location, so it only made sense to incorporate it into a fishing lure. One thing Keith had told Willa about fishing was that the Pokémon were drawn in to bait by the scent.

Lure newly enhanced, Willa thanked her Pokémon and cast her line once more, eyes on the fish sensor. Lots of fish icons were swarming around the lure, and one of them bit! "Oh! A bite!" Willa murmured as she started to reel it in. However, once the fish came to the surface, its identity proved disappointing- whatever this was, it was no Magikarp. Moreover, it launched a Mud-Slap straight at Mawile, getting mud right in the Steel/Fairy-type's eyes! Willa produced her Pokédex, which slid open and displayed an image of the newcomer on its holographic screen.

"Barboach, the Whiskers Pokémon. A Water and Ground-type," droned the device. "Barboach's body is covered with a slimy film, allowing it to slip out of an opponent's grip. Its whiskers function as a superb radar, allowing it to locate prey even in murky water."

"Gah, we don't have time for this!" Willa grunted in frustration. The Barboach was clearly quite weak, but every second wasted fighting it off was time she could be spending trying to fish up a winning Magikarp. And as an annoyed Mawile tried furiously to rub the mud out of her eyes, the remaining of that trio sprang into action.

Scatterbug crawled determinedly off Willa's shoulder and onto the ground, going off to the side and scattering a cloud of Rage Powder to draw in the Barboach's attention. "Scatter! Scatterbug!" she called out the Barboach.

Willa turned to look. "Scatterbug?" she inquired. "Are you certain?"

"Sca tter bug!" nodded Scatterbug, before turning back to face the Water/Ground-type.

"Then let's do it," Willa nodded back. "Scatterbug, dodge all its long-range moves, force it to come in close, and when it does, use Poison Powder and follow up with Tackle!" In the meantime, she prepared to cast her line again, hoping Scatterbug would be sufficient distraction for Barboach to allow her to continue fishing. "Mawile, do you need assistance?" she added.

"Maw maw," Mawile shook her head stubbornly, trying to clear the mud from her eyes herself. Willa gave a soft sigh at this, but did not question it- after all, she needed to keep fishing if she had any hope of winning this thing.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:05 PM   #767
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- You'd finally caught something, unfortunately it wasn't what you were after. The Barboach was nothing more than a distraction, you had to get a Magikarp. Thankfully you could multitask. Leaving Scatterbug to handle the Barboach, you watch as the Water type's attention becomes fixed on the Bug type, courtesy of her Rage Powder. The Barboach spits out the lure, as it swims over to confront Scatterbug, leaving you and Mawile free to continue fishing. The lure still seems to be giving off the Sweet Scent, so you cast it out into the water once more.

The Barboach attempts to snipe Scatterbug with a Water Gun, but the Bug type cleverly rolls to the side, avoiding the attack. She continues to roll, avoiding attack after attack as the Barboach starts to get frustrated. It starts to close in, giving Scatterbug an opening. She shakes some flaky scales loose, sending forth a Poison Powder which is promptly inhaled by the Barboach. The fish doesn't relent though, instead it leaps from the water, Flailing wildly as it strikes the bug. It continues to flop around on the ground, the poison slowly wearing it down. Scatterbug rushes in with a Tackle, the strong hit sends the Barboach back into the water. It has a final look at Scatterbug before deciding that the fight isn't worth it. It submerges and disappears into the depths, leaving Scatterbug to celebrate her victory.

Scatterbug gained 2 levels

You're about to congratulate Scatterbug when the float disappears under the water once more. Get reeling!!!

Old 10-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #768
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- You'd finally caught something, unfortunately it wasn't what you were after. The Barboach was nothing more than a distraction, you had to get a Magikarp. Thankfully you could multitask. Leaving Scatterbug to handle the Barboach, you watch as the Water type's attention becomes fixed on the Bug type, courtesy of her Rage Powder. The Barboach spits out the lure, as it swims over to confront Scatterbug, leaving you and Mawile free to continue fishing. The lure still seems to be giving off the Sweet Scent, so you cast it out into the water once more.

The Barboach attempts to snipe Scatterbug with a Water Gun, but the Bug type cleverly rolls to the side, avoiding the attack. She continues to roll, avoiding attack after attack as the Barboach starts to get frustrated. It starts to close in, giving Scatterbug an opening. She shakes some flaky scales loose, sending forth a Poison Powder which is promptly inhaled by the Barboach. The fish doesn't relent though, instead it leaps from the water, Flailing wildly as it strikes the bug. It continues to flop around on the ground, the poison slowly wearing it down. Scatterbug rushes in with a Tackle, the strong hit sends the Barboach back into the water. It has a final look at Scatterbug before deciding that the fight isn't worth it. It submerges and disappears into the depths, leaving Scatterbug to celebrate her victory.

Scatterbug gained 2 levels

You're about to congratulate Scatterbug when the float disappears under the water once more. Get reeling!!!
It was a damn good thing Willa had sent out Mawile and Scatterbug, because they were certainly being a big help to her here! As Willa cast out her line once more, Scatterbug started the battle with Barboach. Every Water Gun, every long-range move thrown her way was evaded by clever and timely rolling. This frustrated Barboach, who tried to move in close for the sake of better accuracy. Little did the Whiskers Pokémon realize that this was exactly what Scatterbug was aiming for, and it unleashed Poison Powder upon the Water and Ground-type.

Barboach, of course, wasn't deterred by this, and sprang out of the water, letting loose with a Flail attack. Of course, it hadn't taken much damage just yet, so this wasn't all that effective on Scatterbug, who promptly responded with a Tackle attack. This knocked Barboach right back into the water, whereupon it looked back over at its attacker.

Scatterbug looked back defiantly, looking as determined as a Scatterbug could hope to look. "Scatter! Scatterbug!" she declared, before a brilliant blue glow came over her entire body. Willa's attention was drawn to this, her eyes widening as Scatterbug began to evolve before her very eyes. The head grew in size, retaining its shape, while the body gained thickness as well as a fluffy coat of fur. The glow faded before too long, and the wild Barboach would now have to try and fight off the decidedly more defensive ! Willa's Pokédex, still out from her previous scanning of Barboach, reacted to the presence of a new Pokémon.

"Spewpa, the Scatterdust Pokémon. A Bug-type, and the evolved form of Scatterbug," droned the device. "Spewpa's tough body is impenetrable to the beaks of birds, allowing it great defense against predators. When attacked, it responds by unleashing powder."

Willa gave a smile. Not a big smile, but by Willa's usual standards, this one was huge. "Spewpa, congratu-" she began, before something drew her attention right back to the fishing rod. "Oh!" she murmured- the float had vanished under the water again! It was time to start reeling! Spewpa looked on as Willa started to reel in whatever she'd hooked, and so did Mawile. As best as she could, anyway, considering she probably still had at least some of the mud still in her eyes, but she and Spewpa were both still insistent on helping out if any help was necessary on their part.

*Scatterbug grew to level 12!*

*Scatterbug grew to level 13!*

Quote:
What? Scatterbug is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Scatterbug evolved into Spewpa!

*Spewpa learned Protect!*

*Spewpa learned Harden!*
Old 10-07-2019, 10:45 PM   #769
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

TKF- The rolling hills are indeed beautiful, but as their warm-up game demonstrates, it offers many places for the local wildlife to hide. They’ll have to be vigilant if they hope to spot anything during their trek today.

Luckily, Xander has a good team with him, and they immediately get to work as they start their hike through the plains. Treecko and Froakie make their way through the wind-swept grass, keeping their eyes and ears out for anything amiss, while Chimchar climbs onto Xander to get a vantage point from above, his claws slightly digging into the top of the Trainer’s head as he balances.

Xander and Co. walk for some time, allowing the natural crest and troughs of the hills to lead them wherever it takes. The snow capped mountain turns slowly in the distance, showing a little more of its rocky face with every few miles that they hike. The view is picturesque, as its just far enough away to take in the full majesty of the mountain, but close enough to capture its imposing and mighty scale. It’s the kind of thing that one might see on a postcard, or a travel brochure, or framed within a vivid painting.

As Xander takes in their surroundings, however, he gets somewhat distracted until he hears Chimchar’s excited calls above him... though, perhaps the frantic scratching of his claws against his Trainer’s head got Xander’s attention first.

Treecko and Froakie perk their heads up as well, and wondering what the commotion was they look to Chimchar curiously. The chimp Pokemon leans forwards on Xander’s head and points to the sky further ahead of them, where the crew can see smoke rising into the air from somewhere beyond the next few hills.

It’s not particularly thick, and it seems to be dispersed downhill by the wind after rising only a few dozen meters into the air, but it’s enough to suggest maybe a campfire or a Pokemon producing it. Chimchar is a bit more worried, however, likely remembering the fire that destroyed their companion Bayleef’s home.

From the looks Froakie and Treecko are giving to Xander, it looks like they haven’t had any luck finding anything so far, so this is really their first lead around these parts. What will Xander do?
Old 10-08-2019, 05:52 PM   #770
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TKF- The rolling hills are indeed beautiful, but as their warm-up game demonstrates, it offers many places for the local wildlife to hide. They’ll have to be vigilant if they hope to spot anything during their trek today.

Luckily, Xander has a good team with him, and they immediately get to work as they start their hike through the plains. Treecko and Froakie make their way through the wind-swept grass, keeping their eyes and ears out for anything amiss, while Chimchar climbs onto Xander to get a vantage point from above, his claws slightly digging into the top of the Trainer’s head as he balances.

Xander and Co. walk for some time, allowing the natural crest and troughs of the hills to lead them wherever it takes. The snow capped mountain turns slowly in the distance, showing a little more of its rocky face with every few miles that they hike. The view is picturesque, as its just far enough away to take in the full majesty of the mountain, but close enough to capture its imposing and mighty scale. It’s the kind of thing that one might see on a postcard, or a travel brochure, or framed within a vivid painting.

As Xander takes in their surroundings, however, he gets somewhat distracted until he hears Chimchar’s excited calls above him... though, perhaps the frantic scratching of his claws against his Trainer’s head got Xander’s attention first.

Treecko and Froakie perk their heads up as well, and wondering what the commotion was they look to Chimchar curiously. The chimp Pokemon leans forwards on Xander’s head and points to the sky further ahead of them, where the crew can see smoke rising into the air from somewhere beyond the next few hills.

It’s not particularly thick, and it seems to be dispersed downhill by the wind after rising only a few dozen meters into the air, but it’s enough to suggest maybe a campfire or a Pokemon producing it. Chimchar is a bit more worried, however, likely remembering the fire that destroyed their companion Bayleef’s home.

From the looks Froakie and Treecko are giving to Xander, it looks like they haven’t had any luck finding anything so far, so this is really their first lead around these parts. What will Xander do?
It was proving difficult to find a fight. Normally it took no time at all for them to find themselves some trouble. Maybe it was because it was such a nice day? The sun was gently kissing his cheeks, the hills rolled on seemingly endlessly. Chimchar stood perched on his shoulders, claws digging in and causing a small amount of discomfort. Froakie and Treecko remained on the ground, scouting are vigilantly, trying their best to find something worth pursuing. Xander was beginning to consider a change of location when something caught Chimchar's eye. Smoke.

There were a few possible sources of the smoke, which seemed to be dispersing readily in the wind. If it was a wildfire, the smoke would likely be more prominent, but it could be just starting. A campfire would make more sense, or a Fire Pokemon, both of which would give them what they were looking for, something to start a fight with. However, if it turned out that it was indeed a wildfire, they'd have to act quickly. "Alright guys, looks like we've got a lead. If it turns out that it is a wildfire, Froakie will douse it with a Hydro Pump while Chimchar boosts the power with a Helping Hand." All three nodded and Chimchar leapt down to the ground. The trio began to sprint towards the smoke, while Xander was forced to try and keep up with the speedy Pokemon. He really needed to get himself a bike or a pair of roller skates!

Old 10-08-2019, 10:56 PM   #771
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- It was hard to choose a point of focus. Scatterbug had just evolved into a Spewpa, her new form wasn't just sturdy, it was stunning! You also had another fish on the line, hopefully this one would actually turn out to be a Magikarp. You eventually decide to focus on the task at hand, reeling in your haul. The one puts up more of a fight than the last, even with the power of the high tech rod. Whatever was on the end of the line was big, really big. Eventually you start to gain ground, so much so that you get a glimpse of what is on the other end. Bright orange scales are clear as day in the pristine water, there was no doubt about it, this was indeed a Magikarp! Not just any Magikarp though, this one was massive! If you could finish reeling it in, victory would almost be guaranteed!

The Magikarp is putting up a strong fight, but your feeling confident you can get it to shore. You give a big heave, only to suddenly fall backwards, crashing to the ground. The line has gone slack and when you reel it in, you notice both the float and lure are gone. Had the line snapped? Surely with the rod being of such high quality, the line would have been more than strong enough to handle a Magikarp. Spewpa and Mawile both look disgruntled, however none of it seems to be directed at you. Both have their eyes fixed on the water. You out into the water just in time to see a large dorsal fin disappear under the water. The line didn't snap, it was cut! You look around and notice some of the other competitors are dealing with cut lines as well, this certainly was an issue. What was that Pokemon and why was it interfering with the competition?

Old 10-09-2019, 01:54 AM   #772
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- It was hard to choose a point of focus. Scatterbug had just evolved into a Spewpa, her new form wasn't just sturdy, it was stunning! You also had another fish on the line, hopefully this one would actually turn out to be a Magikarp. You eventually decide to focus on the task at hand, reeling in your haul. The one puts up more of a fight than the last, even with the power of the high tech rod. Whatever was on the end of the line was big, really big. Eventually you start to gain ground, so much so that you get a glimpse of what is on the other end. Bright orange scales are clear as day in the pristine water, there was no doubt about it, this was indeed a Magikarp! Not just any Magikarp though, this one was massive! If you could finish reeling it in, victory would almost be guaranteed!

The Magikarp is putting up a strong fight, but your feeling confident you can get it to shore. You give a big heave, only to suddenly fall backwards, crashing to the ground. The line has gone slack and when you reel it in, you notice both the float and lure are gone. Had the line snapped? Surely with the rod being of such high quality, the line would have been more than strong enough to handle a Magikarp. Spewpa and Mawile both look disgruntled, however none of it seems to be directed at you. Both have their eyes fixed on the water. You out into the water just in time to see a large dorsal fin disappear under the water. The line didn't snap, it was cut! You look around and notice some of the other competitors are dealing with cut lines as well, this certainly was an issue. What was that Pokemon and why was it interfering with the competition?
Willa was feeling pretty good right about now. And why shouldn't she? Not only had her Scatterbug evolved into a Spewpa, she now had another fish on the line, and whatever it was was putting up a good fight. And to Willa's delight, she could see that it was indeed a Magikarp! Willa grinned, did her best to try and reel it in once and for all... and she suddenly fell backwards, landing on her backside the line having suddenly gone slack. "Oww..." groaned Willa as she reeled in the line, now with it putting up no resistance whatsoever, and it quickly became evident why- the line was broken! No float, no lure, no Magikarp. "But how?" she murmured. "Surely a top-of-the-line rod can withstand a Magikarp?"

"Spewpa!" exclaimed Spewpa, glancing out at the water. Willa followed her gaze, and saw a large dorsal fin descend beneath the surface. It all clicked now- the line didn't snap, the line had been cut!

"Mawile maw," added Mawile, gesturing to the other competitors. Willa turned to look, and found that some of them seemed to be having similar issues with their fishing lines as well.

"What is going on here?" Willa wondered out loud. "I think it's on us to find out, whatever it is," she added, producing and throwing an Ultra Ball. "Lapras!" she exclaimed as the Transport Pokémon materialized. "Go underwater and see if you can find what's cutting all the fishing lines," she said. "Whatever you're looking for has a large dorsal fin." Lapras gave a nod and an affirmative squeal, before submerging herself, intent on seeking out the culprit.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:34 AM   #773
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
CLOUD GARDEN

Galea Plains: A vast stretch of rolling grassy hills. There are a few scattered trees that supply shade as a gentle breeze blows from the mountain. There is a ranger’s cabin that allows travelers to rest up their Pokemon and prepare for the hike that is yet to come. A wide variety of Pokemon inhabit this area. (Please reply in lightgreen)

Adventure is a fickle thing, it draws in multiple people, some return to tell amazing tales, some don't return at all. Brianna had also come victim to this thing known as Adventure; A novel trainer, Brianna hoped her first adventure would be one she’d always remember, pondering on where to set out to, then she decided on a beautiful place; the Galea Plains was very calm, simple, and had an exciting hike at the end.

"The grass is so beautiful, the trees and everything, it makes it so picturesque." Brianna said to the Pachirisu on her shoulder. "Risu, pachi-chi!" it said in gleeful response, jumping off her shoulder, to seemingly sniff the grassy earth below.

Instead, Pachirisu ran off, as usual, to who knows where.

“Pachirisu, come back here!” Brianna said, but Pachirisu didn’t listen to her, running off, then disappearing. “Pachirisu! Pachirisu! Where are you?!” She called out. Pachirisu giggled in its hidey-hole, which was a tree, before popping out and landing on her head, much to her relief.

“I thought I’d lost you forever.” She said, hugging it, which made it blush in embarrassment.

“So, let’s press on! We need to make it to the ranger’s cabin so we can prepare for the hike.” Brianna told the Pachirisu, as it followed her, stopping to pick flowers from time to time. She looked around, and couldn’t see anything, other than more trees and vague avian shapes, likely Bird Pokemon.

“Hmm, I hope we get there soon.” She said, worry beginning to cloud her already slightly troubled mind.

Last edited by CrazyCreeperKid; 10-23-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:28 PM   #774
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

TKF- Once they have a plan in mind to handle a worst case scenario, the three starters each break from Xander and rush towards the source of the smoke!

Despite all his efforts to keep up, the hills, while not step, definitely present more of a challenge for a person than they do three small and nimble Pokemon. By the time he’s at the top of one hill, Xander can already see three lines of rustling grass tracing their way up the next one, further confirming his need for faster transport. Perhaps somewhere in Galea Town they rent out mountain bikes?

Before he can dwell on that thought, however, he notices that the smoke is coming from just behind the next hill. Even if he’s falling behind, just getting to the top would let him survey the land and get a look at what’s causing the smoke from afar while his Pokemon get in close. He can already see the rustling grass disappear from view as Chimchar, Froakie and Treecko start heading down the other side of the hill, giving him just enough motivation to push himself to hike faster and keep up. His legs are burning, but luckily he gets a moment of relief as he feels the ground even out and the breeze pick up as he finally makes it to the top!

Without a doubt, the column of smoke is coming from somewhere right ahead of them! Tracing its path from the crooked and faded top to the blackened bottom, his eyes sink towards the trough between this hill and the next to find a trio of colorful tents circling around a campfire. Looks like there’s other people out here, after all!

Though... Even from afar, Xander can tell that It’s all arranged very strangely. It looks like each tent was pitched in a very specific spot close to the fire, even though there’s plenty of room at the base of the hills to spread out a bit, and they’re all angled in very weird ways, making the whole camp feel... impractical.

It all gives Xander a feeling that something’s very off, a feeling that’s confirmed very quickly when he hears his Pokemon shouting to get his attention. His eyes shift around to find them at the edge of the campsite. Treecko is jumping up and down frantically while Chimchar and Froakie head between the tents, and following them Xander sees what’s making all the commotion: One of the tents is starting to burn from being too close to the campfire!

Chimchar and Froakie don’t waste any time dealing with it, however. The little frog Pokemon gathers water in his cheeks and blasts it out in a high-pressure stream, while Chimchar does his best to help his partner keep going by clapping and dancing encouragingly. The powerful Hydro Pump rips into the tent, tearing up the burning canvas more than smothering it, really, and once it sizzles out Froakie turns his aim towards the campfire and blasts it, putting out the flames and spraying wet coals, burnt twigs and ash into every corner of the camp by the time his water supply runs out.

Xander’s team looks celebratory at first, and jump around high-fiving one another for putting out the flames, but it doesn’t take long for Xander to notice somebody running towards the camp from a nearby hill. It looks like a young man, about the same age as him, with a head of frizzy brown hair that’s tied into a bun atop his head. He’s wearing a white tee and apron that’s caked in smears and drips of paint.

He continues to run towards the campsite, his face looking distraught as he nearly tumbles down the hillside. He notices the three of Xander’s Pokemon standing in front of the soaked tents, and he quickly reaches for a trio of Pokeballs, chucking them haphazardly in front of the trio to reveal a Smeargle, a Floette and a Chatot.

“You’ve ruined my piece! Shoo, or I’ll capture you and make you fix it!” The boy shouts, assuming the three starters to be wild. Froakie, Chimchar and Treecko all turn around and stand their ground at the threat. Treecko tries to gesture towards the tent that was previously on fire to point out that the camp was going to burn down if they didn’t do that, but the boy’s Pokemon don't seem to get it and all hunch down, ready for a fight!

It seems none of them notice Xander atop the hill, and while he’s found someone to battle, it’s not quite through the friendliest of circumstances. What will he do?
Old 10-28-2019, 04:12 AM   #775
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TKF- Once they have a plan in mind to handle a worst case scenario, the three starters each break from Xander and rush towards the source of the smoke!

Despite all his efforts to keep up, the hills, while not step, definitely present more of a challenge for a person than they do three small and nimble Pokemon. By the time he’s at the top of one hill, Xander can already see three lines of rustling grass tracing their way up the next one, further confirming his need for faster transport. Perhaps somewhere in Galea Town they rent out mountain bikes?

Before he can dwell on that thought, however, he notices that the smoke is coming from just behind the next hill. Even if he’s falling behind, just getting to the top would let him survey the land and get a look at what’s causing the smoke from afar while his Pokemon get in close. He can already see the rustling grass disappear from view as Chimchar, Froakie and Treecko start heading down the other side of the hill, giving him just enough motivation to push himself to hike faster and keep up. His legs are burning, but luckily he gets a moment of relief as he feels the ground even out and the breeze pick up as he finally makes it to the top!

Without a doubt, the column of smoke is coming from somewhere right ahead of them! Tracing its path from the crooked and faded top to the blackened bottom, his eyes sink towards the trough between this hill and the next to find a trio of colorful tents circling around a campfire. Looks like there’s other people out here, after all!

Though... Even from afar, Xander can tell that It’s all arranged very strangely. It looks like each tent was pitched in a very specific spot close to the fire, even though there’s plenty of room at the base of the hills to spread out a bit, and they’re all angled in very weird ways, making the whole camp feel... impractical.

It all gives Xander a feeling that something’s very off, a feeling that’s confirmed very quickly when he hears his Pokemon shouting to get his attention. His eyes shift around to find them at the edge of the campsite. Treecko is jumping up and down frantically while Chimchar and Froakie head between the tents, and following them Xander sees what’s making all the commotion: One of the tents is starting to burn from being too close to the campfire!

Chimchar and Froakie don’t waste any time dealing with it, however. The little frog Pokemon gathers water in his cheeks and blasts it out in a high-pressure stream, while Chimchar does his best to help his partner keep going by clapping and dancing encouragingly. The powerful Hydro Pump rips into the tent, tearing up the burning canvas more than smothering it, really, and once it sizzles out Froakie turns his aim towards the campfire and blasts it, putting out the flames and spraying wet coals, burnt twigs and ash into every corner of the camp by the time his water supply runs out.

Xander’s team looks celebratory at first, and jump around high-fiving one another for putting out the flames, but it doesn’t take long for Xander to notice somebody running towards the camp from a nearby hill. It looks like a young man, about the same age as him, with a head of frizzy brown hair that’s tied into a bun atop his head. He’s wearing a white tee and apron that’s caked in smears and drips of paint.

He continues to run towards the campsite, his face looking distraught as he nearly tumbles down the hillside. He notices the three of Xander’s Pokemon standing in front of the soaked tents, and he quickly reaches for a trio of Pokeballs, chucking them haphazardly in front of the trio to reveal a Smeargle, a Floette and a Chatot.

“You’ve ruined my piece! Shoo, or I’ll capture you and make you fix it!” The boy shouts, assuming the three starters to be wild. Froakie, Chimchar and Treecko all turn around and stand their ground at the threat. Treecko tries to gesture towards the tent that was previously on fire to point out that the camp was going to burn down if they didn’t do that, but the boy’s Pokemon don't seem to get it and all hunch down, ready for a fight!

It seems none of them notice Xander atop the hill, and while he’s found someone to battle, it’s not quite through the friendliest of circumstances. What will he do?
Xander's worst fears were realised, it was a fire! It seemed a group had set up their tents far too close to the campfire and some of the tents had caught alight! Thankfully his trio were quick to douse the flames, crisis avoided!

Nope, crisis started. A young painter storms down an adjacent hills, yelling abuse and threatening Xander's heroic Pokemon. From what he can hear, the boy seems to have set up the scene as some sort of artwork?! Such arrogance annoyed Xander to no end. What if the fire had spread out of control? The damage the ignorant artist could of caused was immeasurable, he needed to be put in his place.

"Hey!" Xander shouted as he rushed down the hill to confront the boy. "How dare you threaten my Pokemon like that! What kind of moron sets tents on fire just for art?! Do you realise how bad things could have gotten if that fire spread? Do you really think your Pokemon could have handled such a blaze? Xander's trio sized up the three opposing Pokemon. They were certainly odd, well suited to an arty farty type like this. "Surely in a place as beautiful as the Cloud Garden, you could find something to paint that doesn't require you to set fire to everything? Maybe you should head across to the Falls, you could clean yourself up while you're at it." Xander smirked, but it quickly faded. He'd acted like this before and it hadn't ended well for him, perhaps he was going too far.....

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records