Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 06:06 PM   #4076
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
How bad are Sams?

This guy nearly opened godly, two Six Samurai United and I called both his Reasoning wrong. It's odd to see a Sams player run Reasoning, but eh.

Kagemusha thwarted Effect Veiler, the first case I've ever seen. But he made bad plays, ROD versus Junk Synchron and Musakani Magatama versus MST.

Then he sacks Soul Charge, but I did so much damage to him I was able to thwart him none-the-less.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-28-2015, 07:48 PM   #4077
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

If there's one advantage to my deck structure, if you have an out, you have the potential to draw it.

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #4078
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Is that... Mask Change II... In Melodious?

What in the what
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:43 PM   #4079
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Yeah I don't know. I think the guy realized that sitting on Aria was his best bet at that point. He ditched Aria earlier to try and go offensive, but had a First Movement in hand to recover her once I did that.

This guy sharked me where he wouldn't let me summon Jet Synchron to make Stardust Dragon, after I used Level Eater without thinking. He does this deliberately because he has Raigeki in hand. Wiping my field kept him alive for positively two turns.

This same guy also auto-scooped when he saw my rating earlier, and him being cheeky when I knew I had the ability to crush him even after a Raigeki made it a feel-good win.

Most players don't really understand my deck and what the loop accomplishes. I wager the majority think most of the backrow is just bluffs. Sometimes it is! But usually not, especially when I thin it that much without Tuning and don't draw Mask Change II.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #4080
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Igknights are as horrible (ridiculous) as advertised.

I had a set Hand Destruction, which was almost dead, but this guy had 5 cards and I negated almost all of his moves, and if not for BTH I would have got OTK'd or worse.

My moves:

Stardust Dragon v. Riot
MST v. Luster

He could still plow through plays and because of how Pendulums work, Stardust stopping Riot did almost nothing. If I DIDN'T have BTH, I would have been buttblasted right there. Sure, Stardust and BLS could have provided some offense the next turn, but not nearly enough to overcome Pendulum 4 every turn. Freaaaaaking nuts.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-02-2015, 12:52 AM   #4081
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

As a fan of Igknights, I have to say their biggest weakness is, sure, they can get a lot of monsters on the field fast, but unless you have a Tuner on hand or are willing to dump some into the grave to make an Xyz, they're still fairly low-stat vanilla monsters. Like sure the continuous trap is RIDIC but it's pretty easy to toss them aside with offensive effects. Although I suppose that applies a little less for you since you tend to have more stun effects, iirc?

Also as with all pendulums the scales are a weak point (one any decent pendulum player should know how to play around, but a weak point nonetheless).
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:20 AM   #4082
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Each format I have two rules: play until the format ends, or get to 1200 rating and stop. I haven't made the second very often, and didn't even make 1300 during Dragon Rulers.

But hey, I know when it's time to throw in the towel. Even for this young season.

Might start with Igknights in Match play. Might as well. That or Nekroz, just to preserve the Singles accomplishment.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-02-2015, 01:28 AM   #4083
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
As a fan of Igknights, I have to say their biggest weakness is, sure, they can get a lot of monsters on the field fast, but unless you have a Tuner on hand or are willing to dump some into the grave to make an Xyz, they're still fairly low-stat vanilla monsters. Like sure the continuous trap is RIDIC but it's pretty easy to toss them aside with offensive effects. Although I suppose that applies a little less for you since you tend to have more stun effects, iirc?

Also as with all pendulums the scales are a weak point (one any decent pendulum player should know how to play around, but a weak point nonetheless).
The problem with Igknights, as I hinted at in my post, is that guy opened a monster-heavy hand and basically his whole hand was live. Stun effects amounted to nothing, since the minuses I inflicted with Stardust Dragon and MST would have essentially been undone as soon as he successfully Pendulum Summoned.

It was probably not to my benefit to attack the scales until after he dumped his hand into his Extra, and I'm noticing more and more that with a lot of high search decks, one should let them search then just hit the power play (like Nekroz). So, perhaps waiting until the XYZ or Synchro comes out to flip the trap might be more prudent, but waiting that long just to see an Excition or 101 in the past hasn't been a fun experience.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #4084
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Igknights typically die to sided cards. Stuff like Spell-Shattering Arrow and Fairy Wind. They definitely are a problem deck but there isn't a good way to hit it so you just have to adapt.

Also I gotta love how ridiculous Clear Wing Synchro Dragon is. Fields like Void Ogre + Stardust Spark + Clear Wing are monstrous to get through.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #4085
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've found I've never had to use Clear Wing, or at least with Raigeki (and Dark Hole) in the game it's too dangerous to sit on. Though, I probably would run it with enough Extra space.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #4086
Princess Ana

Quote:
I've found I've never had to use Clear Wing, or at least with Raigeki (and Dark Hole) in the game it's too dangerous to sit on. Though, I probably would run it with enough Extra space.
It's best used with other monsters already on the field and patches up the weakness to the Rank 4 toolbox. It's not a great standalone monster but even when paired with another good synchro like Void Ogre Dragon its super dangerous.

Also:

Quote:
Moon Mirror Shield
Equip Spell Card
If the equipped monster battles an opponent's monster, during damage calculation: The equipped monster's ATK and DEF becomes equal to the ATK or DEF (whichever is higher) of the opponent's battling monster +100, during damage calculation only. If this face-up card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Pay 500 LP; place this card on either the top or bottom of your deck.
I've got a new toy for my Ally of Justice deck. Ally of Justice Thousand Arms for the winnnnn!!!!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:13 PM   #4087
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I was too impatient to learn another deck to take into Match play, so I brought in Stardust Stun and obliterated Ignknights.

The Ignknight player went first both times, summoning this big-arse Satellar that could special summon Cyber Dragon Nova. I used Veiler on it first game, effectively winning it. The second game I faced Infinity, after he drew a bunch off Royal Magical Library.

I had a terrible starting hand, but I also had Soul Charge. I was able to dump a bunch of monsters into the grave, enough to summon BLS and have him bait out Infinity. Then I dropped Soul Charge and obliterated his field.

I guess the deck *is* mostly hype at the moment...
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-06-2015, 02:14 AM   #4088
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I see you have had your first encounter with Ptolemaios
Quote:
Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #4089
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Organization
Shinsenkouryuu Stardust Chronicle / Stardust Chronicle Spark Dragon
Light Dragon / Synchro / Effect
LV10 3000/2500
1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can banish 1 Synchro Monster from your Graveyard; until the end of this turn, this card is unaffected by other card effects. (2) If this card is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or card effect): You can target 1 of your banished Dragon-Type Synchro Monsters; Special Summon it.
I've very pleased to see this. It has a lot of promise, but it remains to be seen how much use I can put into it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #4090
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Oh hey a Lv10 Synchro other than Leo, excellent.

The obvious connection to Quasar's Cousin is obvious.
Quote:
Old 05-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #4091
Princess Ana

Still requires Synchro monsters though, which hampers its usefulness.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:24 PM   #4092
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Shame about how Extra Deck monsters work, it would be hilarious in Malefic if it weren't for that seminomi thing.

Ultimaya.dek likes, though.
Quote:
Old 05-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #4093
Princess Ana

Having tested Sibyl Shaddolls out with just Elf, Coin, and Taro, its amazing fun and I think its the new direction of the deck. It's seriously good.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:46 PM   #4094
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

>Cute Spellcaster WIND archetype

SIGN. ME. UP.

Also more Odd-Eyes support than anyone (except maybe me) ever wanted.

And pendulum cards which plus by breathing what is this
Quote:
Old 05-18-2015, 10:57 PM   #4095
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Still requires Synchro monsters though, which hampers its usefulness.
It's very easy to dump the entire Extra Deck into the grave, so this card won't have any shortage of protection fodder.

The only issue is when it floats, it only brings back Dragon-type monsters (blah). Otherwise, and perhaps with some more attack, it would be the perfect boss.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-18-2015, 11:01 PM   #4096
Princess Ana

I more was talking to Kin about it being another Leo. It's really not, although I obviously know its good in your deck.

Thoughts on the level 12 though? It looks a bit...not great.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:19 PM   #4097
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quasar's Cousin? It's defensive, which is cool, and the Banish effect is sweet... But it's as hard to bring out as Quasar and Quasar kinda pays it off.
Quote:
Old 05-18-2015, 11:20 PM   #4098
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

What Level 12?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-18-2015, 11:23 PM   #4099
Princess Ana

Seikoushinyuu Stardust Sifr / Stardust Sifr Spark Dragon
Light Dragon / Synchro / Effect
LV12 4000/4000
1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 2 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) Each card you control cannot be destroyed by battle or effect once per turn. (2) Once per turn, during either player’s turn, when an opponent’s monster effect is activated: You can negate that effect, and if you do, destroy 1 card on the field. (3) You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 Level 8 or lower “Stardust” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:35 PM   #4100
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

It's an interesting card. I don't know if it's worth running, but interesting nonetheless.

The continuous effect is the biggest appeal to me, since even without Spell/Trap protection (which comes with Forbidden Lance) it means backrow effectively can't be destroyed without a -1 to the opponent. Simply having the monster possess that, with 4000/4000 and cheaper summoning requirements, would make a far better monster than the final result.

The second effect frankly sucks. It looks good, but since it doesn't negate activations, it can't be used during the damage step...so monster hand traps can still get by it. The third effect is subpar too because it's unlikely Stardust Dragon was used to summon it.

I think it's an improvement on Quasar, but not a big one.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment