UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 04-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Hydreigon Melancholic

A/N: First UPN FanFic and first fic in awhile. I hope you all enjoy this. Thanks to Marion and Yuki for pre-reading.

CHapters:
1. Sweet Dreams (This post)
2. Into Nightmares.

Chapter 1: Sweet Dreams

It all started on a dark, gloomy day... A day where the sky was black and the ground was white. The snow fell like spilt sugar, coming down from the sky furiously. It seemed the clouds kept on whipping up more of the dastardly concoction, littering it around the streets and buildings of Castelia City. The wind carried it with such ferocity that the inhabitants were stuck inside whatever building they had been in when the snow started to fall. When time started to fall. When life started to fall. When all started to fall into the depths of melancholy.

Compared to the desolate winter wasteland outside, the cafe was warm and quaint. Melodies from ages past filled all who entered the small cafe, and the smell of hearty meats filled the air. A boy sat nestled in one of the corners in the cafe, messing around with his PokeNav. The invention from Devon Corp. proved to be a worldwide best seller, and practically everyone in the cafe was using one. The boy looked around while flipping the BuzzNav function off, patiently awaiting the food he ordered. He had been close to the cafe when the snow started to fall, so he had made a quick jolt towards the door before the winter storm started coming down heavily.

Seeing the general nonchalant air within the cafe, the boy returned to his device. He takes a look at himself for a minute, and fixed his brunet hair before shifting the device. His almond shaped eyes analytically recorded any new information showing up on the snowstorm, but also any new messages that come up from people he knows. The bright screen is reflected in his icy blue eyes, the information almost freezing from the coldness. His skin was similar to that of an ice sculpture... pale to the point of partial-albinism. Once again he fixed his hair, and then the boy looked up to see a cup in front of him. Remembering he ordered some tea, he takes a sip before setting the cup back down.

The cafe continues its dance, repeating the same motions again and again, for a few minutes. The brunet silently takes his place, casually sipping his tea as he looked over the weather. He was supposed to head towards Nimbasa today, but this snow seems to have locked the city shut in an icy tomb. Since he wasn’t a trainer yet, he couldn’t freely roam the region of Unova. Instead, like most ordinary citizens, he needed to take buses or trains from city to city most of the timer take the public route that doesn’t intertwine with any potential wild Pokemon. Regardless, he was stuck here, since he would prefer to not tread in the blizzard outside.

As he finished his tea, the door to the cafe slammed open. Setting the cup down and quickly jolting up, he watched two snow-encrusted figures hurry inside. The large, oaken door was closed with a loud thud, and the two figures walked towards him. Taking off their outer layers, the two stared at him, one with burning passion, and the other with a cowardly heart. The fiery eyed one grabbed something from within her jacket, a capsule of three eggs, and sat it down on the table. She then took to the right side of the boy, while the meek one took the left.

“What the hell, man? Why weren’t you responding?” She berated the boy, obviously not happy.

“Maybe because communication signals were cut?” He responded nonchalantly, with a hint of annoyance.

“N-now, we don’t need to be fighting again...” The meek one sighed, his voice quivering.

“He’s right, Izzy, I’m tired of arguing with you,” the blue-eyed boy complied.

“Damn it when you’re right, Quint. Oh well, Quintin, Xavier... Today’s finally the day!” Izzy yelled out with excitement, causing attention from the rest of the cafe. The girl apologized quickly before returning to the matter at hand. Grabbing the capsule, she opens the hatch to reveal three eggs.

One of the eggs seemed to have the design of a dog on it, with small ears and a pink nose. The second had ringlets on it with circles, colored in various shades of blue. The last one was a beautiful yet rocky egg, colored pure white. Grabbing the eggs, she hands the one with rings on it to Xavier, and the white one to Quintin.

Xavier examines his egg with great care. It seems to be that of a Tympole’s, but the ringlets make him consider. He feels the hard exterior, like that of an exoskeleton. It’s a bug type, that’s obvious. Perhaps it’s a Venipede variant? Izzy did tell him and Quintin that she would get special eggs for them when the day came. Xavier continued to examine his egg as Izzy spoke, blocking out whatever she was saying. He snapped back to reality after a punch on his shoulder.

“Hey, were you even listening, Xavier? Ugh, most likely not. Anyways, these eggs are about to hatch. Give it a few moments or so...” Izzy said, sitting back down and asking for a menu. Xavier looked over at Quint, who was silently observing the two of them. He made a motion towards Xavier, but the other boy quickly denied what it meant.

As drinks arrived for his two friends, Xavier looked over the eggs once more. Something seemed different about his then the others, and he instinctively grabbed it. Holding it close, he felt it cracking beneath him. The hard exterior crumbles onto his hands into a gossamer substance, filmy and silky. His two friends looked at him in awe, and the three teens watched as the first of the three eggs hatched in front of them.

Emerged from the egg was a slimy, long figure. Its back was low, but still was higher than the rest of its body. The bug was light, and smaller than what Xavier had been expecting. He looked at the small, long, and thin Venipede and recognized it instantly. The cloudy blue eyes and blue-black color scheme gave it away. A Cloud Forest Venipede, native to the jungles of the Hoenn region. Its poison is a deadly neurotoxin as blue as its shell. Their lithe bodies were built for speed and hard hit and run tactics, compared to the more bulkier Common Venipede. Considered one of the two battle varieties, next to the Common, the Cloud Forest is a very potent and deadly threat.

The bug starts to curl up within Xavier’s arm, obviously happy with the choice of trainer. However, its actions seem to suggest it being of the Jolly nature, due to the general happiness emitting from the bug type. His starter’s actions make Xavier give a small smirk, before returning to caring for his new Pokemon. Grabbing his DexNav, the boy starts to fill out his trainer card registration.

As he does that, the other two eggs start to hatch. Quint’s egg hatches first, revealing a pure white, smooth rock. It has a straight protrusion coming out of its head, with fancy engravings carved into it. The Marble Roggenrola is known for its beauty and strength, and is considered a domestic breed due to its prowess in battles and contests. Xavier quickly scans over it, and deems it to be of the quiet nature. The rock type and its trainer quickly start bonding, in their meek and non-talkative ways.

Meanwhile, Izzy hatches a Norfolk Lillipup. Compared to the more common variety, Norfolk are a bit hairier, but their fur is considered purer and more beautiful. As such, these are a more contest oriented breed, compared to Quint’s balanced and Xavier’s battle-oriented breeds. Xavier looks over the pup, and observes it for a second. The dog is playful and tricky, but it seemed a bit naughty as well. Certainly a handful of a Pokemon, and a challenge as well. However, Xavier already notices a strong bond between the pup and her trainer.

As the three finish their trainer registration, trainer cards are printed out from their BuzzNav, and a badge app appears on the screen. The app will record gym wins and save badges within it, so the trainer doesn’t have to worry about losing the regular badge. The DexNav feature also became available, and the AreaNav updated with trainer functions. Xavier flipped through the areas before deciding to close the app and decide on a name for his Pokemon.

“Sirius.” Xavier looks at his Venipede, who looks at him with curious eyes.

“What?” Asks Izzy with an inquisitive tone.

“That’s what I’m naming him. Sirius. I think it’s a name that fits him... Just something about it fits this little guy,” the boy responds while rubbing his Pokemon’s head.

“Y-You're right... I think it does...” Quint chips in meekly, before returning to his rock.

“What are you naming him, Quint?” Izzy questions.

“Most likely Marvin. I like the name... Marvin. Yeah, that’s it!” Quint exclaims, stars within his eyes.

“And you, Izzy?” Xavier inquires calmly to the last of the trio.

“I think I’ll name her Thalia. It’s weird, I know, but I think it works. Especially for contests...” She responds to the inquiry before returning to petting her Pokemon.

The trio continue to groom their Pokemon before hearing the door open again. A man comes in, and says that the storm has started to clear up. Excited, the three of them run out, holding their Pokemon bundled in their hands. Heading through alleyways, they manage to reach a small alcove with a huge tree in the middle. An opening within the trunk is their goal, and they head underground. Within the roots of a tree is a spacious secret base that managed to escape most of the storm.

“Glad it didn’t cave in,” Xavier mutters as he lets Sirius down.

The Venipede starts to inquisitively explore the area, and manages to land himself in a bundle of stuffed toys. He starts to squeak as he messes around with the toys, moving them around and jumping all over them. Thalia curiously comes over and starts to bite a stuffed bear, and starts to shake it. Marvin quickly joins the group, happily sitting bundled while watching his hatchmates.

“Well, they seem to like each other,” Izzy comments nonchalantly before taking off her jacket. He curly, orange hair flows from her pink cap, almost reaching her shoulders. Her skin is an olivine color, and is accompanied by emerald green eyes. She is in the middle of the group height wise, being shorter than Xavier and taller than Quint.

Quint nods in agreement and starts to get more comfortable. He adjusts his glasses and brushes his blonde hair. His eyes are a deep mahogany brown, which is offsetting his rather bright blonde hair. His freckles literally cover him, and his skin is paler than snow. Quint generally pales in comparison to his friends, but they love him all the same.

Xavier sits down, tired and a bit exhausted. Slumping next to Quint, he starts to watch his Pokemon. As he watches them play, he gets an idea that causes him to jump up, startling his friend and grabbing the others’ attention. The two give him two very different looks, but both have an inquisitive nature to it. The taller boy looks over his friends for a second before clearing his throat.

“Alright, since we’re trainers now, why don’t we have some battles? It’ll be fun, and I’m sure that our Pokemon would like it, too. What do you say?” Xavier asks his friends in his same cold, monotonous tone that he always has. However, his voice doesn’t sound as distant as it usually does. A small smile sprawls across his face, something rare of the tall boy.

“Hmm... I think that’s a great idea! I’m just getting pumped thinking about it!” Izzy howls, already looking fired up and ready to roll. Quint simply nods in agreement, despite his worried look for his Pokemon. The Roggenrola is fine, however, as it continues to sit in the pile of toys.

“Alright then, perfect. I think it would be the best for Izzy and I to go first, since this will be an interesting fight. Come on, Sirius... you may be a newborn but you’re still a Pokemon!” Xavier calls out to his Venipede, who instinctively takes battle position.

“Alright Thalia, let’s dance!” Yells Izzy, and the two proceed to battle stations. The two quickly check their DexNav for their Pokemon’s moves before they begin.

As the battle begins, Xavier studies Izzy’s movements. He knows she’ll most likely go for an all out attack, so some defensive play is necessary. He orders Sirius to use defense curl, and the bug responds by rolling up his lithe body. The bug turned ball rolls around a bit, before tightening itself and letting go. A green aura surrounds the bug as his defense rises to the roof, and he lets out a small squeak.

Xavier, studying Izzy, predicted correctly as she orders a tackle for Thalia. The dog rushes towards Sirius and rams into the bug’s body. The blue bug type curls up into a defensive ball, obviously trying to buffer some of the damage. THe attack, however, lands at full power and sends the bug type flying across the base. He lands on some of the stuffed toys from earlier, and easily rises up from the pile of toys. Marvin quickly looks at Sirius before running away, a bit worried for his own safety.

Xavier grits his teeth as he orders a rollout. The boy watches as his bug turns into a blue bouncy ball, and starts to roll towards the dog. Sirius quickly gains traction as he rolls over Thalia, almost crushing her. The dog picks herself up and barks, obviously ready to continue fighting. The two keep on exchanging blows, but the dog continues to get more and more hurt. Eventually, the bug’s trainer notices Izzy run towards the match, as if out of desperation. Sighing, Xavier commands his bug to stop and looks at the girl.

“Is something the matter, Izzy?” Xavier asks in an annoyed tone.

“I-I’m sorry, but I can’t deal with seeing Thalia this hurt. If this is what it means to be a trainer... I don’t think I can do it. We can fight and fight, but it will always pain me to see her hurt, or any of my friends become hurt...” She responds distraught, obviously pained by whatever dilemma she was currently going through.

“Battling isn’t all it means to be a Pokemon Trainer, Izzy... There’s breeders, contest stars, collectors, and so much more! I-It doesn’t matter what we do with our Pokemon, the point is that we have them,” Quint speaks up, something rare of the small one.

Izzy gives him a sound look, and nods in agreement. She wipes her face before looking down at her Lillipup, who has returned back to its regular state. Xavier notes that she has decided on something, but he can’t really tell what it is. Perhaps she wants to train in another way? He shakes his head, not knowing what will exactly happen.

“I think... I think I know what I’d like to do,” Izzy sighed, obviously not happy with her decision. The fire that usually sits within her eyes starts to wither away, and her usual demeanor ebbs.

“What?” Quint asks nervously, obviously taken aback. Xavier shares the same weariness that his friend has for their other friend. It is generally odd for Izzy to be acting the way she is.

“I’ll become a contest star. It’s not what I’d like to do, but I can’t bear seeing my Pokemon hurt. It’s what I can do to keep them safe and sound, while still feeling like a trainer. I don’t know, but I feel like it’ll eventually become fun enough. And, if all goes well, I might expand into movies or musicals! Besides, I guess I’ve always wanted to do it anyways,” she responded with a solemn smile, the fire returning to her eyes.

The two boys simply nodded in agreement before looking at each other. Communicating with their eyes, Xavier recognized that Quint didn’t really want to battle either, leaving the harmless suggestion out of the window. The taller one slumped down into the pile of stuffed toys, casually playing with his Venipede. He looked over the small place that hosted most of the three’s childhood memories. They were leaving soon. Leaving towards their own adventure. However, night was falling, so today would not be a good day for them to go and set out.

“Hey, should we just go home and meet up here tomorrow?” Xavier asked his two friends.

“That actually sounds good, yeah,” Izzy responded while yawning.

“A-agreed.”

“Alright then, night guys. See you here tomorrow.” Xavier waved goodbye before motioning to Sirius that they were leaving. The Venipede looked sad to leave his playthings, but quickly adopted a happy demeanor. Xavier and his Pokemon left the small base, and started to trudge through the heavy snow. The sky was clear, and the beautiful night sky was upon them. It was a new moon that night, only making Xavier wanting to get home faster.

“This is his domain...” Xavier muttered worryingly as he picked up Sirius. The Venipede fought and contested being held, his blue body writhing within his trainer’s arms. However, sensing the fear from his trainer, he quickly complied to being held in wanting to help his trainer. Xavier frantically ran through the snow, feeling rapid crunching underneath his feet. He saw a black blur run across the sky, and that only caused him to keep on running. It could be anything, but the boy did not want to risk anything.

He eventually managed to get home, and the warm smells of dinner caressed his nostrils. The smell of fresh cooked meat and herbs permeated the air, and a mixture of savory and spicy berries accompanied it. A heartiness was associated with the smell, and the house seemed to wrap itself around Xavier and Sirius to give them a welcoming hug. A stout woman appeared from the kitchen door, and her face lit up with happiness. The smells of food followed her as she ran over towards her son and gave him a hig. She looked down at his new friend and gave him a pat, her motherly nature extending to the bug.

“So today was finally the day... My baby is finally all grown up! I am surprised by your choice in starter, but it fits you, deary. Oh, if only your father was still with us... You should visit his grave with your new friend, honey. I’m sure his spirit will appreciate that,” his mother first welcomed before adding in nostalgic comments. Xavier returned her hug and simply nodded as her sweet words osmosed into his mind. His father died in a mining accident a few years ago, leaving the small family in ruins. His mother runs a bakery nestled within the main avenue of Castelia. Luckily enough, her products were able to keep the family afloat.

“Yeah, I will, mom. I’m sure that dad would approve of Sirius,” the boy responded before looking down at his starter, who was playfully batting at its trainer’s leg. His lithe body wrapped around the leg of his trainer. “Anyways, dinner smells great. Should we have some?”

“Well, you just got home in time. Let’s eat, honey... I have some leftover berries for your Venipede as well!”

And with that, the small family proceeded to feast that night. Xavier loved the warmth from the entirety of the dinner, and it brought him an unexplained happiness. It was then he realized that this was the traditional good-bye dinner. Was his mother really accepting him leaving so soon? Perhaps she was ready to finally see him grow up. Finishing his plate, he gave his mother a small smile before cleaning himself up. Grabbing his Venipede, he tells his mother good night before heading upstairs and taking off his pants. Settling into bed, and feeling Sirius curl up beside him, the boy falls asleep. However, he doesn’t realize the nightmares coming ahead.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 04-09-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

At the request of lost, here is my official review and critic:

Spoiler: show

I lieked the part where the hungry caterpillar beateds up the doge.

In short, perfect story to jerk to. 7.8/10 Too much water.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #3
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Chapter 2: Into Nightmares

The chocolate haired boy found himself in an ebony colored sea. Sirius was nowhere in sight, and the place seemed cold and broken. The ocean was shattered into a myriad of pieces, with what seemed to be a charred land at the bottom of the ocean’s depths. A frigid wind consistently blew, causing the dark waters below to constantly be stormy. Small flecks of snow fell as well, but on closer inspection, Xavier found that it was instead ash. There was nothing in the sky, just darkness. However, there was a sort of luminescence about the world, that it seemed to dimly glow. The brunet couldn’t really discern the source of the light, but he knew he was able to see with a bit of clarity.

The land below seemed to crumble at every step, the cliff stripped of all form of life. Behind him was a forest of dead, pure white trees the seemed to melt into the broken ocean. Getting a bit scared, the boy tried to move towards the forest. However, the cliff started to crumble beneath him. Deciding to stay put, the brunet stayed there and remembered Sirius. Looking around, he couldn’t find the bug.

The boy called out to his Pokemon, but he could barely choke out his words before gasping for air. The black waters started to rise, and engulfed Xavier. He fought the thick, viscous water as he struggled to break free, but he found himself sinking deeper within the grim waters. As he sank, he felt something brush up against him, and found himself surrounded by a swarm of Sharpedo. They looked gnarled and mangled compared to the common variant, as if they were some servants of a hellish master.

As he grasped for air, Xavier saw that the sharks drawing near. Their rotting jaws and dilated pupils reached ever closer, a ghastly white juxtaposing the ebony goo surrounding predator and prey. The boy tried to swim away, but the viscosity of the slime was too thick, and it chained him as he writhed within it. He smelled the sharks’ rotting flesh now, and braced himself for an early demise. The boy lamented his short life, but he soon felt all emotions quashed from his mind. He felt as if he was turned into a husk; a withered body, ready to be destroyed.

Just as one of the sharks was about to lacerate his flesh, it disappeared into thin smoke. All around him, the rest of the sharks turned into smoke as well, and the once viscous liquid loosened up and started to release its grasp on Xavier. He felt himself falling into the darkness, unprepared for where he was heading. After what seemed to be an eternity, the boy felt himself hit something with a large thud. He tried to move, but his body was in too much pain to react. Recovering, Xavier tried to search the area around him, but he felt a large splatter hit him as the black ocean that spat him out give him a farewell present. Wiping off the substance with a grunt, the tall boy meanders his way through the dark, decrepit area, the land too deteriorated to even make out.

“Follow my voice,” an inhuman, demonic noise suddenly filled Xavier’s head, as if some dark, wretched creature was contacting him. He shifted his head around the area, looking until he found an eerie sky blue light in the darkness.

“Good. Come hither, human boy,” it beckoned, “I have much to show you.”

Xavier respected its commands, not wanting to be hunted down again by some other corrupted Pokemon, and started to walk towards the blue luminescence. As he approached, he could make out white, wispy hair that waxed and waned like fire, and a red necklace around the figure.The body was devoid of any light despite its luminescent eye, and scarecrow arms reached out towards him, calling him. Its voice sounded like pure nightmare, a grievous tone that could not be described in mortal words.

“Yes, child... Most do not pass my first test. Most wake up, before the Sharpedo come, or they struggle so much they eventually break.” The figure looked at its right hand and flicked something off before returning to Xavier. “Now, child of man, I need to ask you something; who do you think I am?”

With that question Xavier’s head began to numb and addle, his thoughts disappearing into thin air. He grasped for an answer, but when he spoke, bugs fell out of his mouth. He felt his entire body tense up, as if locked up in some ethereal chains. The figure’s eye filled with humor: dark and twisted humor.

“No matter... You’re mine, human. Now, let me tell you something; you and your friends are destined for something much greater than you anticipated. I will be your guide, while they have others. I am not the nightmare you think I am... I am the darkness that resides within your heart, and all of man’s hearts. You picked as wise choice with that Venipede; he will serve you well into your fall. I shall visit again and again, boy, until you fear sleep. And when you finally collapse, when you are withering away from your own darkness, that is when you’ll realize your fate. That is when we shall finally meet without boundaries. I will see you in a few nights, human boy,” the monstrous voice spoke, its timbre resonating throughout the darkness. As it disappeared, the world crumbled and started to break apart into nothingness.

~.~

Xavier awoke in a cold sweat, the sudden motion waking his starter. Sirius, sensing his trainer’s disdain, curled up into the boy’s arms and tried to assuage Xavier’s worries. The chocolate haired boy silently pets his Venipede, his mind trying to compute the wretched nightmare he had just experienced. It wasn’t the horror that got to him, it was the twisted and foreboding information he had received from that thing.

“Darkrai...”

Sirius looked up at Xavier in confusion.

“Darkrai... That was Darkrai... I’ve heard it visits its victims before tormenting them until the point they fall into eternal nightmare. It seemed to like me... However, why me?” the boy questioned as he shifted, looking at the time. It was 3 A.M., still well into the night, and he didn’t dare return to sleep.

Setting his Pokemon down, the boy rose and headed towards his closet. Grabbing an extra-large backpack, he started to stuff it with clothing and other supplies. He then picked up a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, and tossed them onto his bed. After rummaging around, the clothing was accompanied by underwear and socks. Throwing various other supplies onto his bed, Xavier sorted them all out and shoved them into the backpack’s various pockets. He left the clothing, however, which had become the home of his bug type.

Walking off, Xavier found the way to the bathroom through the darkness. Turning on the shower, the boy stripped off his pajamas and waited in silence as the water warmed up. Testing the water with his hand, Xavier deemed it warm enough and stepped into the shower. He curled up into a small ball and let the water hit his body and run off. He silently sobbed as the water embraced him, trying to make him forget his horrid dream.

Wiping his tears away, Xavier continued to listen to the water, as the white noise was clearing his mind. When all thoughts were still, the boy stood up and washed himself. As he scrubbed down his body, it seemed that all of his worries were brushed away as well. He applied shampoo to his hair, working out all of the knots and curls that accumulated overnight. As he finished his washing routine, the boy heard small scratching at the door before something came in. He saw Sirius slank into the bathroom, and gave his Pokemon a smile. Xavier quickly grabbed a towel and dried himself off, before wrapping it around his pelvis and most of his legs. He squatted down to pet the bug, before picking up his Pokemon and walking towards their room.

Grabbing the clothes on the bed, Xavier got dressed, for the day he would finally set out on his journey had arrived. Of course, Xavier still had no clue what he was doing yet. Maybe badges? Those were so stereotypical to collect, but it wasn’t like he had a better choice. Regardless, he had to do something other than just wander around aimlessly with his Pokemon. Xavier sighed, a bit worried about what lay ahead. Nodding towards his Venipede, the two walked down the stairs and finished grabbing supplies. Then the boy quietly walked out of the house into the night.

The cool night air hit the boy’s face, and it invigorated him. Wandering around the dark streets, Xavier eventually figured out his intended destination. Making a sharp turn, Xavier quickly ran through the quiet suburbs until he hit a small graveyard. Scaling the fence, he jumped down into the graveyard. Forgetting Sirius on the other side, he returns the Pokemon to its capsule then sends it back out again. Motioning for the Venipede to follow him, the little creature obliged and walked with his trainer towards a small grave. Kneeling down, Xavier gave his respects to the deceased person, his father.

As he got up from paying his respects, the brunet felt an ominous wind wash over him, as if some ethereal hand was on his shoulder. He turned around, curious about the feeling, and saw nothing. His Pokemon gave him a confused look before it spotted something and tried to get his trainer to look. Xavier was too busy, a bit hypnotized by what the Venipede saw. A purple wisp danced around the graveyard, hopping from grave to grave. Curious, Xavier walked towards it. However, as he approached, he felt more and more tired... As if his energy was being siphoned out of him. Rubbing his eyes, the boy recognized what was happening to his body. He called out to the light, asking it to stop.

“Hey little guy... It’s okay... I’m not dead. So please... Don’t kill me...” Xavier pleaded to the small wisp, which approached. Underneath the lavender light was a small black candle. Its red eye looked at the boy before dimming its light.

“Thank you... This is much better. Sorry if I ran into your territory. I just wanted to pay respects to my father...” Xavier hung his head , trying to hold back the tears. “It’s my fault he died... I don’t know why I’m telling you this. I guess, being a Coal Mine Litwick... You might have been him. I’m sorry, little guy.”

The Litwick simply looked at him, analyzing him. He then goes and gives the boy a little bow, its actions a bit melancholic.It then plopped down onto Xavier’s head, and gives back his life energy. Xavier then touched the waxy figure on his head, and it let out a little squeak. Realizing that this candle would be a good companion for him. Xavier poked it off of his head. He then gave it a curt nod, and it understood.

Motioning Sirius, Xavier started to order his Pokemon. He first ordered a defense curl, and the lithe bug started to curl up and tightened up. Its muscles became harder and firmer, boosting its defense. The Litwick responded by gathering a small amount of fire from within its flame. It then lobbed it towards the Venipede, the bug recoiling against the small ember. Xavier checked his Pokemon’s health, and the ember took a good chunk out of it.

He then ordered a rollout, hoping the move combination would be enough to weaken the Litwick. The bug turned into a bouncy ball, and turned a brown hue. The rollout hit the ghost, causing it to screech out in pain. Sirius stopped the rollout, and then looked at his foe. Xavier analyzed the situation, and checked his foe’s health on the DexNav. It was low enough to try and catch, but if he failed...

Shaking his head, Xavier grabbed a red orb out of his bag. He enlarged it and threw the ball at the Litwick. It shook once, then twice, and lastly a third time, and finally the Pokeball clicked. Walking over towards it, Xavier picked it up and looked over it. He first looked over the Litwick’s statistics, signalling it was a male, the same level as Sirius, and was of the modest nature. Xavier didn’t really take note of the moves, knowing ember was likely its most important tool. Thinking over a name, the brunet decided on a good one, completing the candle’s dark appearance.

“Alright Itzal, let’s go!” Xavier exclaimed as he sent out his Litwick. The ghost type gave it a small smile before floating over to Sirius and plopped itself down on the bug’s head. The poison type laughed as Itzal sat on him, and he walked up next to his trainer with his newest friend. Xavier patted Sirius and poked Itzal, then realized that they needed to stop by a Pokemon Center.

Xavier, however, first saw an orange light illuminate the sky. Sitting down next to his father’s grave, he put Sirius on his lap and Itzal on his head. The trio watched the orange star rise through the sky, the first sunrise of their journey together. The bright orb slowly rose into the sky, taking away the night and bringing in the day. The dark hues of the sky became brighter blues, and the eeriness of the graveyard became more melancholic as light filled in. The trio continued to watch until the sky was completely blue, and the sun hung low in the sky.

Getting up, Xavier gently grabbed Itzal and placed him on top of Sirius. The two Pokemon simply complied, still being a bit tired from battling each other. The trio walked through the graveyard, admiring the beauty of the marble and maples everywhere. They eventually reached the gate of the graveyard, and noticed that it was open. They passed through and meandered around the streets of suburban Castelia. They admired the rows of houses and the various street lamps that accompanied them. Cars were littered about the street, and every so often one would come to life and stroll down the ebony asphalt. The trio eventually reached a Pokemon Center, signified by the red roof on top of its head and a gigantic Pokeball design. They walked in and the smells of food instantly excited Sirius. He happily raced over towards the smell, causing Itzal to let out a cry for help.

“Calm down, you two; you need to get healed first,” Xavier told his Pokemon in a stern tone, causing Sirius to stop and give him a look. Itzal seemed to sigh in relief at his trainer’s command. The two came over to him; Itzal finally decided that floating would be better off than riding Sirius. Xavier picked them up and put them on the counter to give to Nurse Joy. The pink-haired woman gave him a nod before taking his Pokemon to get healed.

Xavier, waiting for his Pokemon to get healed, grabbed a granola bar from his bag and pulled out his DexNav before sitting down. He realized that it was already 7 A.M, and that he had been awake for about four hours. Munching on the granola, Xavier then started to compose a group text message for his friends. After telling them to meet up at the hangout by nine, Xavier put away the device and finished his granola. Suddenly realizing something, Xavier checked back to the message.

“Crap, send it to the wrong group...” Xavier thought, and let out a long sigh. He sent it to the group with her in it... her. “Why did I make that mistake!? Ugh, I wish Izzy and Lav would just make up already. Seriously, what the hell started that fight...”

Before he could continue his train of thought, Nurse Joy announced that Xavier’s Pokemon were ready to be picked up. Thanking her, Xavier grabbed Sirius and set him down and let Itzal float near him. The trio walked towards the food section, and the trainer fed his Pokemon. After the two finished their food, the brunet motioned to the creatures that they were leaving. Sirius looked disappointed as he wanted to mingle more, but Itzal was glad to leave; even so, he didn’t show it.

The three wandered around Castelia until they reached the hideout. Heading into the hideout, Xavier saw Quint and Marvin already inside. Quietly sneaking up to them, Xavier clamped down onto Quint and gave him a hug. The smaller boy simply just looked up and smiled, before seeing the Litwick with Xavier and Sirius.

“Y-you already caught a Pokemon? Wow...” Quint trailed off as he shifted his glasses. Icy blue meet deep mahogany, and the boys simply nod in understanding. Xavier slumped down behind Quint, not letting go of his friend as he does so. Quint lays back into Xavier’s chest, and the two tell each other about their nights. The Roggenrola then left his trainer’s grip in order to play with the Litwick and Venipede.

“S-So... You have a dream and think you met Darkrai? That’s weird... Considering I had a similar dream and I met Vi-” Quint is then cut off by someone entering the base.

“HELLO?” A loud, boisterous voice boomed through the base. Accompanying it is a short girl with long, flowing hair. Her hair was dyed a light lavender color, and her eyes were a bright blue. She threw a cigarette out into the snow outside, and adjusted the violet bows within her hair.
“Yo Lav.”

“H-hey Lav,” The two boys greet in unison.

“Hey lover boys. Where the big orange bitch? She still needs to apologize for what she did to me,” the girl responded through gritted teeth.

“Lavender, for the last time, we’re just childhood friends, and that’s it. Quint and I acted like this from day one... It’s just kinda our thing. Anyways, I have no clue where Izzy is. She’s late as usual, but don’t be rude towards her. She’s the reason we’re all together, even after your little spat last month,” Quint retorted coldly as the usual voice of reason within the group of four.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Freeze, I didn’t realize that . It’s not like I knew that and was joking, no, not at all,” Lav responded sarcastically. “Anyways, grats on getting your Pokemon, dudes. Ampy has been wanting some playmates.”

The girl then sent out an Aipom, who goes over and joins the group of Pokemon. Lav then sat down close to the boy, and popped a piece of gum into her mouth. She started to chew and blow bubbles, and the two boys continued to be in each other’s arms. The hangout was a bit awkward, besides the Pokemon playing around it.

“Look-”

“You don’t need to apologize, Lav. I don’t care. Pretty sure Quint doesn’t care either. You and Izzy just need to make up,” Xavier cuts her off.

“It’s not that easy, bro. We said we’re leaving today and I’m worried I can’t come with, ya know? I know I’m rude and a bit brash, but I’m still you guyses friend,” Lav responded before the three heard a noise at the door.

“Sorry that I’m late gu- WAIT. WHY ARE YOU HERE!?” Izzy asked in rage and confusion.

“Surprised, carrot? Look, can’t we just be friends and move on?” Lav responded.

“After what you did to me that day, no, I don’t think so!”

“Calm down, I should be the one yelling at you, but I’m not. I’m not being a bitch about that stupid stuffed animal, okay?”

“If it’s so stupid then why did you give me a black eye over it?”

“BECAUSE MY BROTHER HAS BEEN WANTING ONE FOR AGES AND HE’S THE ONLY FAMILY I HAVE LEFT!” Lavender yelled back at the top of her lungs. Quint recoiled a bit at what Lavender said, and buried his head into Xavier’s chest. The other boy just analytically observed the catfight going on, and noticed the Pokemon even stopped to look at it.

“Wow... I-I’m sorry. I guess I didn’t realize that it was important to you in that way,” Izzy responded meekly, something abnormal of the ginger.

“It’s fine, carrot, I should’ve just explained it to you. Friends?” Lavender extended her hand out towards Izzy.

“Yeah, friends. It was stupid to fight over something so meaningless.” Izzy shook Lav’s hand and looked at the boys. Xavier quickly rubbed Quint’s head to notify that it was safe.

“Now, I think that we’re all here. Let’s get started towards our adventure, guys! I’m thinking we’ll head down towards Striaton and down towards Accumula. Considering the road to Nimbasa is under construction for now, it will be a good way to see new life yet still travel around. What do you say, guys?” Izzy goes over her plans and asked the group afterwards. Everyone gives her a curt nod before getting up. As they do so, the ground trembled and a large explosion could be heard outside. The quartet recall their Pokemon and rush outside, but what was waiting for them was something they couldn’t fathom.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 04-16-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction