UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 05-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #26
Sciz
GIF Lord General

I had a nightmare that lasted 10 seconds. A sleeping kitten got shot by a gun, and promptly started screaming bloody murder with a human voice.

Booze does bad things, kids.
Sciz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:28 AM   #27
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Espeon

So the night before last, I had this dream.

Muyo and I showed up at the local wildlife park on some kind of school excursion. It was one of those weird dream things where it "was that place, but it wasn't". Everyone was referring to it by name and it was common knowledge that it was the same place as always, but it had a completely different layout, random bizarre features and, instead of dry scrub, the place was covered in very lush greenery and tropical plants. Which of course nobody thought was out of the ordinary at all.

So we arrived in my car and I started working on a sketch with some coloured pencils, trying very hard to emulate the look of rust... for reasons that I can't begin to understand. Then a woman (I believe it was one of my ninth grade teachers) came by and commented on the picture and then disappeared again.

From there, I saw a bunch of park employees getting chewed out for being lazy. I volunteered to help out and proceeded to run about, tending to animals (and, I recall, getting my socks filthy in doing so). Then I noticed that one of the higher-ups was still yelling at the employees, apparently having found some secret alcohol stash and demanding to know who was responsible for it. All of this went on with the employees standing in a line on some kind of shoddy-looking suspension bridge about two feet above a creek. I noticed that one of the employees was a girl I was friends with in high school and then that same girl confessed that she was the one with a drinking problem. Five or six other people then confessed the same thing.

I walked up a path and found a shack with a bunch of Simpsons directors/producers sitting around a table, who then invited me to audition for a part on the show. I read my lines from a comic book while a disembodied voice (turns out it was coming from a speakerphone) read the same lines. Apparently we were competing for the role. So about half of them liked my reading and half of them preferred the other person and I responded by... wandering off, I guess.

I ended up by a giant fishnet hammock where Muyo was and a pudgy numbat waddled over to us on its hind legs. Muyo reached out to it to see if it would run away and, when it didn't, he lifted the numbat into the hammock, where I petted it and said that Muyo should get the camera. And then... the dream pretty much faded to black.

IDK LAWL

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」

f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

Last edited by AshsBabyLapras; 05-13-2009 at 12:37 AM.
AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:58 AM   #28
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

i like the part with the animals

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:26 AM   #29
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Graveler

D'awwwww
Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
Vran
Cascade Badge

I recently had a dream where I was proctoring for a French I final exam for a group of 9th graders. I was eager to get home and play my recently-acquired copy of a Street Fighter video game for the original XBox. It had two titles on it, and one of them, I believed, was Street Fighter IV backported to the original XBox. Once the kids left, I sat down at the back of the classroom in front of an old Apple IIe and set to work on the game's plasticwrap. It was then that two things happened at once. A teacher showed up in the doorway and began talking to me about something I've already forgotten. At the same time, I recognized that the game box I was holding wasn't black and green for the XBox, but white and green for the XBox 360. I held in my hands a copy of Street Fighter IV for the XBox 360. Cue "The Scream."

Doesn't make for a good story, I suppose, but I wanted to share something too.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #31
Patches
Shake it!

I seem to have this thing happen to me where I'll remember something but I won't be able to figure out if it really did happen or if it was a dream. This mainly happens with places I can remember being.

I also have reoccuring things about my dreams, if I'm driving in my dream the brakes will eventually stop working gauranteed. If some type of horrible weather happens like a hurricane or tornado I'll end up at a dog show at one point or another (I remember when I was very young it had purple poodles!). And I get the whole falling wake up feeling a lot. Ugh, I hate that.

All I remember about lasts nights dream was looking for my room because I misplaced it apparently.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #32
deoxys
Fog Badge

I almost never remember my dreams. I do know that when I can, they're usually very entertaining and random. Here's my most memorable that happened more recently (actually about two months ago).

I was at some science center in a university hours away from where I lived in the dream. We were mixing potentially explosive chemicals together for an experiment. The instructor strongly suggested we take our right arm off and set it on a desk so it doesnt get damaged. Seems reasonable, I suppose. So I took it right off with a POP, and set it down.

Scene cuts to hours later. In a car, almost home, when suddenly I remember I left my arm there. Damn. So I go to the mall, which is a huge mall with rollercoasters and waterslides circling through it and its stores, and even through the movie theater. I walked through the theater with Ariel next to me, and suddenly the theater turns into an arcade which turns into the men's clothing store Skeffingtons. One of the Skeffingtons employees approaches us and looks around to make sure no one can hear, and leans in and whispers "We know about your situation. Don't worry, we have our best ninja on it now. Come back in a little while". Okay.

So we walk around. I have no clue how it happened, but next thing I know, I'm ona water slide, zipping around through GameStop and Hot Topic, a food court and various movie theaters. It ends at Skeffingtons, where I enter a large pool. I got up and out, and the same employee approaches me hastily, and Ariel appears out of nowhere. "Sir, our ninja is back. He's in a van out back."

So I walk through the doors and see a large van. As soon as I see, the rear doors fly open and there's a black/green blur. Suddenly, a ninja is standing in front of me with a shoebox. It's Shikamaru from Naruto, looking all anime and whatnot. "We retrieved the item." He gave it to me, and sure enough, my arm.

I put it back on, hop in a car and drive off to my house which is randomly in the middle of nowhere. I get out, and it suddenly gets VERY CREEPY. I start toward the house, but get to creeped out, and run for my car, when suddenly theres a large white smoke explosion in the air, and I wake up 'WHOA'.

The end. Anti-climactic, no?

Last edited by deoxys; 05-13-2009 at 09:48 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #33
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Another weird dream...

It starts off with me being late to some giant bubble-blowing training session in the middle of a rainy afternoon. We all receive this odd little tube, which looks like a very narrow stick of bamboo that's been hollowed out a bit. Anyhoo, as everyone struggles to blow a really good bubble, I manage to blow a massive one that flies up into the skies, avoiding various tree branches and a power line along the way. Yes, apparently this dream took place in my back yard. Also, grass and oats were involved. Horses were mentioned. I don't remember what relevance this had to this part of the dream.

So later, I come back home and as I walk into my room, it's totally rearranged and an entire family has moved in. I don't remember this part too well but I do remember running upstairs because they were watching the end of some sitcom and I thought the Viacom "Wigga-Wigga" logo was about to come on. True story: that thing scared the hell out of me when I was younger.

And then there was part 3. The newly moved-in family and I were going across the street to have a play date of sorts (there were lots of kids between these two families) with another family that just moved in. I accidentally kicked a ball belonging to one of the other family's kids past a hole in the bottom of the fence and proceeded to apologize profusely. The boy had a grudge of sorts against me for the rest of the afternoon.

And at some point in the dream, I walked around and read some sort of comic. Oooooh.

I'm sure it can all somehow be interpreted to say I need a life. tungsten

Last edited by Hanatori; 05-15-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Hanatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #34
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I used to have these annoying dreams every morning where I would wake up from my alarm, go brush my teeth, take a piss, start breakfast, then my alarm goes off again and then I see myself back under the sheets in my bed. The worst part is that the dream repeats sometimes and I'll have had done my morning routine about 6 or seven times before I do it for real.

Another odd nightmare I get is of wolves chasing me. And the worst part is that I instantly know it's the nightmare (and not real life) because there's no wolves in NYC. Then I'll say to myself "this is a nightmare" and then they start chasing me and I start running away in panic and fear. Sometimes I'll fall into a pit and the crash of the bottom will wake me up. Other times the wolves get my leg. Sometimes I see bats in the dream too, but they just hang in trees.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #35
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
I used to have these annoying dreams every morning where I would wake up from my alarm, go brush my teeth, take a piss, start breakfast, then my alarm goes off again and then I see myself back under the sheets in my bed. The worst part is that the dream repeats sometimes and I'll have had done my morning routine about 6 or seven times before I do it for real.
I read an article on a woman who would have 200 dreams of her early morning routine in a row. She got so disheartened she was unwilling to get out of bed IRL for fear that she'd have to do everything again. Ended up being committed, IIRC. So don't let it break your will to get up, Loki!
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #36
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I hardly ever remember my dreams.

One I do remember was deathly boring, I'm afraid. Everything as entirely black, asides from a railway track with a purple carpet along the middle of it. Most of my dream consists of me flying along a couple of feet above this railway, with everything else just endless black.

Eventually, I reach the end of the track where there's a perfectly black spiral staircase descending through the perfectly black floor into a perfectly black room (don't ask my how I could see them if they were perfectly black on an identical background, I have no idea). The purple carpet continues down the stairs. I drop my pencil down the stairs, creep down to get it, and then wake up.

Pointless much?

My dreams always seem to be largely impressions, feelings and sound, with very little in the way of visual detail. Often during my dreams this is because I can't/can barely open my eyes, or just that everything is very simplistic and dark. Also, I almost always seem to try to run and end up floating instead. I float a lot in my dreams, and usually end up showing it off to people.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #37
Patches
Shake it!

In my dream last night deoxys' mother was talking to me about how she didn't like the fact that I used a lot of soap when doing the dishes. It started out as a normal conversation but then her eyes turned beat red and she opened her mouth and the radio started playing out of it. Suddenly his step father walks in and goes "Ugh, honey you're getting a bad signal." then he proceeds to grab her hair and move it around until the signal was to his liking. After that, a nerf gun appears out of no where and shoots her in the head and her head exploded. Then some random guy whom I don't ever remember seeing in my life came in with a vaccum and cleaned it up and stuck a new head on her and vanished. She then continued our conversation about too much soap and I woke up.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #38
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I had an Evangelion related dream, for some reason. It combined elements from Jacob's Ladder as well. I've forgotten most of the details but the jist is -

There was this alien who had crash landed on Earth, and people were trying to get him home, but the military and everyone was trying to get it home. I think Shinji and Asuka were the ones who tried to help, but I (I'm not sure who "I" was - I switched perspectives to Rei later, so I think I might have been Rei, but I saw Rei from another POV later) was there helping as well. We jerry-rigged a bus to become a rocket-ship and had it blast off, but it didn't hit escape velocity (because we were using petrol to power it) and it just ended up flying like an airplane, then landing near a train station close to my real house.

Somehow, we managed to attach some rockets to it and hit escape velocity, then used some kind of faster-than-light drive to get the alien to get to its home galaxy. Rei was on the rocket, Shinji and Asuka stayed home.

The rocket got back to the alien's ship, which turned out to be NERV's central dogma. Apparently NERV was responsible for genetically engineering the angels and sending them over to Earth for Shinji and Asuka to battle. Misato and Ritsuko were there, while Misato was acting like Kaji and doing investigations.

These brain aliesn - looked like green amoebae with a doll-like effigies in front of them that morphed into exaggerations of emotions (this was from Kaiba I think) started reading Rei's brain. The aliens were surprisingly affable, talked like college dudes, which was pretty cool.

Next scene I was in surgery or something, and someone stuck a needle into my lower spinal cord. Misato was investigating and I saw her before blanking out.

In fact the only reason I blanked out was because the needle hurt. It hurt like a bastich. It hurt so much I woke up and my back in that area was throbbing and there was some inflammation.

What the heck.

This is only like the last 20 minutes of the story though, it went on for 60 minutes but I've forgotten the first 2/3.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #39
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Oh man I remember my dream for once. Something about an apocalypse and I had to count to make sure everything left in the world was at an acceptable level (not literally count, I had papers and stuff). It was so boring it woke me up. Either that or the neighbors dog barking non stop.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #40
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

I had some sort of weird dream this morning, but I can't remember the details to save my life. Something involving me playing air guitar because MY GUITAR IS IN MY MIND and then something at a really big house and there were choppers involved and there was trickery afoot and it turned into a Family Guy episode and wtf.

I'm sure it can all somehow be interpreted to say I need a life.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #41
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to iAmDewgong
I dreamed it was deoxys birthday today.

I cheered and said congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosuser
Metagroß: Male Beldum
Metagroß is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled Metagroß' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, Metagroß sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon Metagroß' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, Metagroß has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
iAmDewgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #42
Vran
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmDewgong View Post
I dreamed it was deoxys birthday today.

I cheered and said congratulations.
Subterfuge!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #43
deoxys
Fog Badge

I dreamed that I said thank you.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #44
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Graveler

Happy Birthday, deoxys.

Now for my dream (what I can remember of it):

So, apparently, I was playing Halo (the simple computer version) with a bunch of people. Like usual, I kept getting killed when I spawned. There was this guy who played as a dragon with a human head, I dunno how he got to play as something that wasn't a stupid soldier guy. Anyway, we were playing, then suddenly, I was at a hotel. I was staying there for an out of town Speech and Debate tournament, and the hotel was really janky. Then some regular stuff happened (like watching TV etc etc) until the whole team went outside, naked (including me) and we were looking for a ride to get to the school where the tournament was being held. Anyway, some guy in a bigass Hummer stopped and let us board on. I got on the top of the car (like us Indians do in India) and I was suddenly wearing clothes. Then I woke up.

I didn't waggle because debate girls are ugly.

Last edited by Tyranidos; 05-18-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Tyranidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #45
Patches
Shake it!

Well this is appropriate! In my dream last night (no lie) I walked in and everyone surprised me with Deoxys birthday party including him. They all jumped out and yelled surprise and everything. xD Then I got to wake up and say and sing Happy Birthday a billion times!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #46
Vran
Cascade Badge

This morning, I woke up from one of those "waking dreams" you have halfway between asleep and awake. In the dream, I was ... well, it's hard to explain it in just one sentence, but for now let's start by saying I was "racing." lol

1. I had my arms and left leg in the air like Daniel does in The Karate Kid when he assumes the crane stance.

2. My right foot was planted on the blacktop of a parking lot ...

3. Except it wasn't. I was actually levitating above the blacktop by about one to one and a half inches ...

4. And I was therefore able to kick off against the blacktop (using the friction between it and my shoe) to gain momentum. Sort of like the hoverboard effect in Back to the Future 2.

5. It was nighttime, and something about the scenario reminded me of the feel of Ghostrider. Can't remember what. Flames, maybe?

6. I was challenged, Fast and the Furious-style, to a race around the parking lot by a kid I once subbed for.

7. At his school.

8. Except it looked like my high school.

I get the feeling that this is one of those things that is a lot like what Jack Black experienced when he got lost in the woods that one time.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #47
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Flying dreams are awesome! I always remember that one dream I had where I was at Neverland (the real one), it was night, and I used a kamehameha to jettison myself onto Captain Hook's flying pirate ship!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #48
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

When I read the thread title, I thought it was about me ;;

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:00 AM   #49
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Woah, suddenly massive deja vu.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-28-2009, 01:01 AM   #50
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I always remember that one dream I had where I was at Neverland (the real one)
You do realize the 'real' one was the one Michael Jackson had right? Cuz Peter Pan is a fictional story.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc