UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2018, 03:10 PM   #201
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Sandaa: The poachers were trying to move fast, but your mind was moving faster. Your first priority was to make sure that the woman remained stranded and suffering in the swirling sands, and Terra sees to that immediately. A seed was launched from its land-like body, which opened and unleashed lines of sapping vines and leaves that make it difficult for the Skarmory to keep aloft. “Arceus damnit-- Air cutter!” The woman yelled, and the screeching steel bird did its best to send scathing wind from its inhibited limbs. Already, your plan was coming apart like the Galvantula's webbing.

The woman screeched as the ground and sinking sands quaked with the force of Torterra's charge, the great behemoth charging from the ground towards the spider in the tree. “Holy shit! Galvantula, up in the air!” He called out, clumsily evacuating the tree. He dropped to the ground with force, grunting and groaning, but Galvantula had successfully dodged at least; beady eyes glowering at the grass-type. “Poison sting, and then camouflage yourself and jump at it with cross poison!”

This wasn't their first rodeo, and they were obviously used to dealing with sudden anomalies. A pin of poison is fired at Terra, and as the spider landed, it disappeared. The only clue to its whereabouts was rustling and motions in the foliage. In the distance, Masao had managed to unlock his Drifloon and was now seemingly patching the poor ghost up. Things are looking at least slightly in your favour, but that could change at any moment. What do you do?
As Gary watched the battle unfold, Terra was holding his own against the opposing Galvantula and Skarmory. However, despite the continental tortoise’s sturdy body and indomitable will, the fact of the matter was that Terra was clearly outnumbered and both of his opponents’ types provided an unfavorable matchup. Gary hadn’t lost faith in his Torterra, but it was time to level the playing field. Masao had made good progress on freeing his Drifblim, so it was time to try and wrap this battle up as quickly as possible.

“Scurvy,” he called, turning to his purple monkey who was still keeping a watchful eye over the young Trunks. “Help out Terra, would you please? I’ll keep Trunks safe from here,” Gary stated as he scooped up the baby elephant in his arms. Trunks smiled and relaxed, wrapping his trunk around Gary’s arm, calling out a brief “Phaan!” Scurvy grinned and nodded, excited for the chance to get some more action. “Aye aye!” he replied with a salute before springing off of his tail into an acrobatic flip onto Terra’s giant shell and then bounced up to grasp a branch from Terra’s tree.

“Okay guys, it’s time to end this!” Terra glanced at his trainer for instruction and planted his feet sturdily in the ground while Scurvy swung from Terra’s tree branch by his tail. “Scurvy, start by hitting that Galvantula with a Swift to reveal its position and hopefully knock it loose! Once that’s done, use Terra’s tree as a launching point to jump onto Skarmory’s back and strike it down with a Thunder! Finish it off by returning whatever it tries to do with a Counter attack!” Scurvy grinned and nodded, offering Gary another salute as he prepared to attack. “Terra, once Scurvy has his Galvantula with a Swift, I want you to follow it up by hitting it with all your Strength!” Gary paused for a moment as he considered the poacher’s strategy. By time it camouflages itself, its typing was likely to have changed from a bug type into a grass type, or at least Gary was thinking under that assumption. If that was the case, Galvantula might have given up a key resistance in Gary’s mind. “Once it’s done attacking, finish the spider off with a Superpower!” Terra nodded as Gary finished, ready to go.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:56 PM   #202
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams
 
EpicSquirtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
EpicSquirtle: Benny's translation skills always come in handy, and if you didn't have them, you'd probably spend your life clueless. Still, you didn't exactly need him to translate how the Pansage had felt about trying to make peace, and so you call on your newest ally to come to your aid. Weepinbell might have always looked cheerful, but that big smile of hers hid just how powerful she could be.

A double whammy, and it was super effective! The powder snow lodged itself into the monkey's grassy fur, and although it mostly dodged the sludge now hissing into the ground, some of it had splashed onto the Pokemon's legs and feet and done some harm. Now it was really upset, switching targets to Amelia as it leered at her, lowering the other's defences before it lunged, landing a bite on her stork and scratching mercilessly. Clearly she had decided that Amelia was the more deserving the target.

Meanwhile, Leif had used its string shot to pull itself back up into the canopy where it knew the bag sort-of was. He was scared and unhappy, but he knew that there was no point delaying the inevitable. So long as you managed to hold off that Pansage, that was one less of a potential endless list of predators to worry about. So, that in mind, what do you do?
Anna watched as Leif managed to pull himself back up into the trees. If anyone in their group could find the bag, it was definitely him.
But just how fast could the Sewaddle work? Anna thought as she gave a nervous glance towards Benny and Amelia. She didn't know how long the two could hold the Pansage's attention, before it decided to return to the trees.

If only there was a way to hurry things up...to increase the speed of Leif's search...

Of course! Amelia hadn't been with them for too long, so Anna's knowledge of the Weepinbell's moves wasn't that great, for it had been only now that she remembered. Amelia knew Sunny Day!

Under the effects of harsher sunlight, Leif's ability would allow him to gain greater mobility!

It wasn't the perfect plan though, Anna had to admit. For one, the young woman didn't know how much sunlight could even reach Leif, considering the Sewaddle's position inside the trees. Not only that, but with Pansage's focus now on Amelia, Anna had to wonder how easy it would be for the Weepinbell to use the attack uninterrupted.

Despite these troubles, Anna couldn't help but feel slightly optimistic. Even if the sunlight wouldn't boost Leif's strength, Amelia shared the same ability, and an increase in speed would certainly help the Weepinbell fight back against Pansage.

As for the second issue...that was what Benny was for.

"Listen up you two! Amelia, I want you to try using Sunny Day. Benny, I need you to protect Amelia from our friend there however you can."

Once she was sure the two had heard her, Anna took the time to glance back up at the trees. Somewhere up there, Leif had begun his search for the bag. She could only hope the sewing Pokemon would able to find it soon.
__________________
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:20 PM   #203
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,330
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Ironthunder:

The Combee looks at the ball, and gently taps it. The Pokeball flies out of your hand and plops onto the ground, wriggling in place. It shakes rapidly, as if the Combee is stuck between the decision of being captured or not. With one last shake, a red light emits from the ball and it lets out a loud noise. You go to pick it up, and examine it for a bit. The Pokemon didn't seem that it would be coming out unless you let it. A sort of... anti-climactic way to catch a new Pokemon, but it was still a new friend none the less.

Congratulations, you have caught a Lv. 7 female Combee!

With that all said and done, you wonder where Maie had gone. Smelling something delicious coming from the house, you go inside and see a giant pot simmering. The woman adds in honey you gathered, and turns the pot from a boil to a simmer. The sweet smell of herbs and spices wafts around the house. After a while, the sauce seems the be complete, and Maie begins to lather the meat with it. The sounds of meat being seared echoed through the house, and the offering was complete.

With the offering dish completed, Maie hands it to you. You're instructed to place it at the lake side, and sit next to it as the King eats it. Maie told you she would be in the distance in case things went awry. So you did as you were told, and put the plate on the shore. You waited as the ground started to tremble, and the Gyarados from yesterday looked at you with murder before seeing the plate.

The serpent bent down, and started to eat the plate. It looked at you while doing so, sizing you up. Giving a respectable grunt, the King of Orta Lake retreated back into the depths. After a few moments, the Pokemon returns with something in its maw. A pearl. How lovely.

"Those are worth about $400 at a Pokemart. I know it might not be enough to pay for a new tent. Anyways kid, you're done here. The king has been sated, and we can go back to our daily lives. Oh yeah here, some of the left over honey. Anyways, next time you're here, make sure you watch what both you and your teammates are doing," Miae yells out as she walks towards you. She then shakes your hand and pushes you towards the town. Your first adventure has come to an end, and there was more to explore in this word than the Minnao Islands.



Rewards:
1 Lv. 7 Female Combee
1 Pearl
1 Jar of Honey

With your nest post you are officially done with your adventure. Thank you for adventuring at the Islands~
Liawe watched with bated breath as the Combee fluttered around her hand, before booping the Pokeball and... staying inside. Her first capture! A bit anticlimactic, and it could've been under nicer circumstances, but hey, Combee were cool. Letting it back out to finish cleaning off her hand (as well as to make sure the Pokeball hadn't malfunctioned), she wandered back over to lend a hand with the preparation, staggering slightly whenever her headache flared up. She'd need to sort that shit out with a doctor when she got back to the mainland, and soon. But first, she still had to finish up out here.

Entering the house, she returned the Combee to its new home and settled it in her bag while Maie finished the tribute and handed it to her. Slowly, Liawe picked the plate of meat and berries up, and walked out to the lakefront, stopping every now and then to mitigate her headaches. Gingerly placing the platter on the lakeside, she stepped back from it swiftly as the Gyarados from before surfaced, breaching the lake's surface with a mighty force, before it began devouring the tribute presented. All the while it focused on Liawe, clearly trying to decide if she was a threat, and eventually apparently deciding that she was not, as it left, only to return and spit a pearl from the lake at her. Carefully picking it up, Liawe dried it before stashing it in her bag, along with what remained of the Honey. Small comfort for what she'd endured, but she supposed she was lucky to escape with anything after that. Thanking Maie for all she'd done, Liawe released Caeda and took off from the archipelago, never once looking back.


Claiming:
Female Combee, lv7
x1 Honey
x1 Pearl (worth £400)

Thanks for the ride, Lit, it's been one hell of a fun one. Even if it went to complete and utter shit.
__________________
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:39 PM   #204
134
Overenthusiastic Haole
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
134: Fizzytopia made Hoenn's old cult wars look tame sometimes, what with the madness that regularly occurred there. It felt like everyone seemed to have their own story of insanity, to the point that it was hard to disbelieve or discredit anything that came out of people's mouths. You had plenty of your own Farfetch'd sounding stories, and this would have been one of them, if not for the fact you were going to fucking die here.

How do you do, fellow cultists?! Praise Cthulu! The robed figures took pause, and although you couldn't see their faces, your thug lyfe dog could only imagine how scrunched up their faces probably were under their hoods. Even the ones painting their nice cult lines on the stones had stopped, hunched over, peering back at the two of you. A deadly silence took over the clearing. The Chatot who had tried to save your life couldn't be heard anymore. Maybe it realised it had just wasted precious minutes of its life on you and had flown to try and make the time up. You could ask Arceus before your grand descent into Hell, maybe.

The silence was broken as a few of the worshippers glanced at each other, murmuring lowly and again in Alola. The ones who had been painting their lines hastily returned to their duties. “Praise Kyogre!” One of the cloaked agreed loudly. It was a strong, feminine voice, “For the God of Water has received another sacrifice, here in our midst to offer their blood for the flood that will cleanse Minnao Isles of the parasites that feast upon its shores and waters!”

They started approaching slowly. One of them, if you look closely, is holding a rather big knife. Shit, fam. I think they mean you. What do?


Tate had never been stabbed. Nor, really, did the Johtonian really want to start accumulating experiences of that sort now. Holding up both hands in a sort of placating surrender, Tate glanced at Kai, before turning attention back to the zealots.

"Parasites. Yeah," Tate agreed, nodding. "Eco terrorism... I can dig it. I always figured that if I, you know, decided to go into crime, I'd do the whole eco terrorist thing."

Tate nodded, pretty thoughtfully. "So... the thing is... you don't actually need /blood sacrifice/, you know? There are more pragmatic ways to flood a place. I mean... Kai? Can I get an example here?"

Kai looked at her trainer as if the human were mad -- just absolute insane -- but obeyed, mostly trusting Tate despite all things. She swung her tail rhythmically, muscular body swaying in something that almost looked like a dance, summoning the rains. Tate glanced up at the clouding skies, hoping they would actually let loose -- whatever they were painting looked important enough to need to be washed right the fuck away, and besides... Kai was way more useful in the rain.

Also, best case scenario, maybe the crazies could be swayed by mystical weather magic? It was always nice to have hope.

"It, uh... it usually takes a minute," Tate assured, mouth running solely for the purpose of buying some time. "While we're waiting on that, you uh... you guys like tricks? Because Kai knows some pretty neat ones."

The Vaporeon, taking the hint, began salivating, thick, foaming drool dripping from her muzzle. It had an acrid, almost toxic stench, and she looked ready to sink her oozing jaws into the first person who got too close for comfort.

__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseDiary (VG)

Active Team @ Mt. Cortoza

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:29 AM   #205
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 530
Sandaa: You had a strategy in mind and wanted to end this quickly, but in doing so you hadn't thought everything entirely through. Scurvy's movements were as swift as the stars that the monkey expelled from its tail, the golden lights swirling quickly through the trees. They cut through the foliage, taking down leaves and branches with their razor edges, and didn't seem like they would stop until they found their mark. They did, forcing the Galvantula's true colours to show against the natural tones of the arena. It didn't do too much, though, and the bug lunged as predicted. Poisonous blades formed from two claws, slashing painfully at the sluggish body of the beast.

“Gary, wait! The woman!” Masao called, suddenly emerging from the trees with his Drifblim. He had a potion bottle of some kind in his hand, obviously having been healing his Pokemon out of sight. It was too late, though, and you realised what Masao had been trying to convey when you looked at Scurvy balanced upon the Skarmory's back. His thunder attack had hit, but the electricity didn't only hurt the bird, but the hunter clinging to the bird's claws – and that was brutal. She screamed out in relentless pain, body convulsing and spasming and choking before falling limp; the hunter's hand dropping and allowing the body to start sinking.

“No-- Sakura!” The other man screamed. Skarmory roared, the noise intimidating enough to send Scurvy running with nothing effective to counter, and the bird scrambled to try and save its trainer before she drowned in the sand and mud and debris. Terra used its superpower on the Galvantula, which was now clinging to its shell, sending the bug flying and weakening it dramatically. “Don't you let it get away, Galvantula! Two can play at this game, you piece of shit! String up that trainer with electroweb, and then ready an electro ball! If that Torterra moves, you're fucking dead!”

You might have just killed a person, and now you might be about to pay in your own blood. What do you do?


-

EpicSquirtle: You needed to hurry this mess along, knowing that Leif was vulnerable up in the trees by himself, and knew just the thing to help. You ordered Amelia to use 'Sunny Day', which was a tall order given that the Weepinbell was currently under the brutal assault of a very sour Pansage. Not only that, but you hadn't even ordered your Pokemon a way to get the creature away, leaving her to suffer under attack after attack. She was understandably fretting.

“Weep~~” She flailed uselessly, the Pansage only growing more ferocious and determined as it scratched at the bell-body, at the stork's base, even at the lips. Whatever the Pokemon could reach, it hurt. Benny looked unsure, but obeyed you all the same, using the best attack it could against Pansage: powder snow. The wind once again grew chilly, and the Snover cast its snow against the enemy. Pansage grit its teeth and took the belting, shuddering as it gripped tightly onto Amelia and shrieked. Amelia was stronger than Pansage, which was perhaps the only reason she wasn't yet unconscious, but it looked as if Amelia was the Pansage's new hostage until it was properly fought off – and Amelia had taken some hurt from the powder snow as well, shuddering with extra discomfort.

In the brief pause from Pansage's wailing, Amelia had managed to utilise sunny day, and you could see the strength of the sunlight through the trees visibly gain strength. Hopefully this helped Leif, because Benny's only effective attack against Pansage was ice-based, and you had just turned up the heat. If you wanted to both find the bag and beat this Pansage, you needed to get your shizzle together. What do you do?


-
134: The amount of effort it took your updater not to just straight up murder you for your stupidity was something she couldn't find words for, reading several times over and over how you stood there and mumbled away to actual cultist murdery people. Arceus wept, how did you actually make it here? You had never been stabbed, but maybe it'd help kickstart your survival instincts a bit? Time to find out, biznitch.

“You truly are foolish. We already know how to cleanse these isles with water, and your heathen dog couldn't ever dream of matching the god who will do so.” One of the hooded figures seethed. The sudden downpour, loud and strong, did nothing to halt their steps towards you. It also did little to the lines. They were trying to summon Kyogre, you tool, of course they used water-resistant paint! They're experts in evil, they're organised! And they like the rain!

The leader of the pack spoke again in Alolan, and if you had the expertise to translate it, you'd know they were instructing their friends not to waste their breath on you or use of the crude local tongue. There was a signal that followed, to move and strike, and the Vaporeon reacted with a sudden funnel of toxic sludge in the direction of the worshippers. They reacted with shock, reeling back and to the side, momentarily thrown off from their assault on you. A familiar voice squawked for you to run, to turn back, danger, Minnao, rUN!

There are probably too many to take on, but you could always ignore Chatot's advice. I mean, what're they gonna do... Stab you?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #206
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Sandaa: You had a strategy in mind and wanted to end this quickly, but in doing so you hadn't thought everything entirely through. Scurvy's movements were as swift as the stars that the monkey expelled from its tail, the golden lights swirling quickly through the trees. They cut through the foliage, taking down leaves and branches with their razor edges, and didn't seem like they would stop until they found their mark. They did, forcing the Galvantula's true colours to show against the natural tones of the arena. It didn't do too much, though, and the bug lunged as predicted. Poisonous blades formed from two claws, slashing painfully at the sluggish body of the beast.

“Gary, wait! The woman!” Masao called, suddenly emerging from the trees with his Drifblim. He had a potion bottle of some kind in his hand, obviously having been healing his Pokemon out of sight. It was too late, though, and you realised what Masao had been trying to convey when you looked at Scurvy balanced upon the Skarmory's back. His thunder attack had hit, but the electricity didn't only hurt the bird, but the hunter clinging to the bird's claws – and that was brutal. She screamed out in relentless pain, body convulsing and spasming and choking before falling limp; the hunter's hand dropping and allowing the body to start sinking.

“No-- Sakura!” The other man screamed. Skarmory roared, the noise intimidating enough to send Scurvy running with nothing effective to counter, and the bird scrambled to try and save its trainer before she drowned in the sand and mud and debris. Terra used its superpower on the Galvantula, which was now clinging to its shell, sending the bug flying and weakening it dramatically. “Don't you let it get away, Galvantula! Two can play at this game, you piece of shit! String up that trainer with electroweb, and then ready an electro ball! If that Torterra moves, you're fucking dead!”

You might have just killed a person, and now you might be about to pay in your own blood. What do you do?
The battle had gotten intense, and possibly in the midst of combat Gary had allowed things to get too far out of hand. His heart sunk as the female poacher’s unconscious body did into the quicksand. Gary was no murderer, no matter how evil the opponent, and his brain immediately began shifting gears as he witnessed everything unfold. The woman’s partner was hell-bent on revenge without even considering alternative options.

As the male poacher called out orders to his Galvantula, Gary listened and grit his teeth. “You idiot!” he yelled at the man, “Your partner’s life is at stake here! Put this battle aside for just two seconds and help me save her life!” Gary turned to Terra, ignoring the man’s threats. “Quick, Terra, try to dispel the quick sand by turning the area into a Grassy Terrain! Use your Rock Climb to improve your footing to get in there closer!” Gary jumped onto Terra’s back and clung to the Torterra’s tree trunk.

“Hey you!” he called out to the male poacher. “If you want your Galvantula to use its webbing, try using it on your partner to help pull her out!” As Gary spoke, Scurvy quickly leapt onto his shoulder. Gary acknowledged his Aipom and called out to him, “Scurvy, lend me a hand or a tail as we try to pull her out of there. And if that guy tries any funny business, Return it tenfold!” Scurvy quickly nodded and chanted “Aye!” as he extended his tail forward as far as it would reach. Terra lifted a foot as he began inching forward into the muck.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:06 PM   #207
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 530
Sandaa: “You're the one who put her in there in the first place, but you have the gall to try calling me out?!” The hunter was seething, and for his faults, he still had a point. For all you knew, Sakura was already dead, and that would be entirely on your shoulders. Who was the evil one now? You tried to remedy the situation, making the assumption that the woman could still be saved, and your Torterra tried to banish its previous move away at your order.

The shrubbery on its body illuminated a brilliant green, the colour seeping down to its very feet as the giant altered the landscape for a second time. Dead grass and swirling sand were suddenly vitalised by long, fresh grass; the Skarmory finally able to get a proper grip on its trainer to pull her flopped body (corpse?) upwards and off to the side by her teammate. She was set down, the metal bird landing beside her to check her over while the trainer did the same. There was the briefest hint of relief – maybe you weren't quite a killer yet? - but then the man turned to look at you again with that same toxicity and fury as before. You were still going to get punished for your potential sins.

The Galvantula had its commands, and the spider struck out, firing threads of electrified web straight in your direction. You had chosen to ignore the warning you were given, and that meant not only was Terra too slow to act, but Scurvy didn't even jump into save you. With deadly aim, the sticky thread pulled wrapped around your limbs and pulled you over... But that wasn't the end. You felt yourself lose control of your muscles as the electricity set in, all pain and jerking, and you could only watch as your Aipom abandoned you to use return. Scurvy took an electro ball straight to the face, forcing him back – but could you even speak up to command either of your charges?

“Gary, hold on, I'm coming!” You heard Masao call, and he began making his way around the outside of the arena towards you. The Drifblim had phased through, looking smaller than you remember (or was that the electricity that had gone to your brain?), and it was floating on guard while the ranger came to your rescue. The man and Skarmory were protecting Sakura, the Galvantula screeching unpleasantly as it launched an ordered 'thunder wave' towards Scurvy.

What, did you think this rescue mission was going to be easy? What do you do? … Or can you do?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:45 PM   #208
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Sandaa: “You're the one who put her in there in the first place, but you have the gall to try calling me out?!” The hunter was seething, and for his faults, he still had a point. For all you knew, Sakura was already dead, and that would be entirely on your shoulders. Who was the evil one now? You tried to remedy the situation, making the assumption that the woman could still be saved, and your Torterra tried to banish its previous move away at your order.

The shrubbery on its body illuminated a brilliant green, the colour seeping down to its very feet as the giant altered the landscape for a second time. Dead grass and swirling sand were suddenly vitalised by long, fresh grass; the Skarmory finally able to get a proper grip on its trainer to pull her flopped body (corpse?) upwards and off to the side by her teammate. She was set down, the metal bird landing beside her to check her over while the trainer did the same. There was the briefest hint of relief – maybe you weren't quite a killer yet? - but then the man turned to look at you again with that same toxicity and fury as before. You were still going to get punished for your potential sins.

The Galvantula had its commands, and the spider struck out, firing threads of electrified web straight in your direction. You had chosen to ignore the warning you were given, and that meant not only was Terra too slow to act, but Scurvy didn't even jump into save you. With deadly aim, the sticky thread pulled wrapped around your limbs and pulled you over... But that wasn't the end. You felt yourself lose control of your muscles as the electricity set in, all pain and jerking, and you could only watch as your Aipom abandoned you to use return. Scurvy took an electro ball straight to the face, forcing him back – but could you even speak up to command either of your charges?

“Gary, hold on, I'm coming!” You heard Masao call, and he began making his way around the outside of the arena towards you. The Drifblim had phased through, looking smaller than you remember (or was that the electricity that had gone to your brain?), and it was floating on guard while the ranger came to your rescue. The man and Skarmory were protecting Sakura, the Galvantula screeching unpleasantly as it launched an ordered 'thunder wave' towards Scurvy.

What, did you think this rescue mission was going to be easy? What do you do? … Or can you do?
Gary winced as a surge of electricity shot through his body. After all he had done to save the female poacher, her barbarian of a partner was still focused on attacking him. He guessed it was his own fault for trusting the human nature of a criminal. “Damn… you…” was all he could muster as he collapsed to the dirt. Using the last ounce of his strength, he called out to his Pokemon, “Get… them!...” As he uttered those words, he didn’t need to say any more. Terra and Scurvy glared at the man, furious at his dishonorable act. Trunks rushed over to his trainer’s side and let out a sorrowful trumpet through his trunk. The small Phanpy poked at Gary, hoping to rouse him from his affliction but to little success.

Scurvy was focused on the male poacher, completely upset that he would order his Pokemon to electrocute his trainer like that. It was time to give him a taste of his own medicine as he prepared his own Thunder Wave to shock the man with. The small purple monkey was beside himself. Normally jolly and easygoing, his usual grin had turned into a scowl. He began to stomp back and forth, throwing a bit of a tantrum and through his Panic, a Shadowy aura began to emanate in the direction of the opponents.

Terra was the slowest to react, as he was still in the mindset of rescuing the female poacher. He glared at the Galvantula and fired forth an array of Leech Seeds to try and wrap up the spider and then planned to stomp down on it with all his Strength to show it that he meant business.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:

Last edited by Sandaa; 03-26-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:54 PM   #209
134
Overenthusiastic Haole
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
[color=mediumspringgreen134: The amount of effort it took your updater not to just straight up murder you for your stupidity was something she couldn't find words for, reading several times over and over how you stood there and mumbled away to actual cultist murdery people. Arceus wept, how did you actually make it here? You had never been stabbed, but maybe it'd help kickstart your survival instincts a bit? Time to find out, biznitch.

“You truly are foolish. We already know how to cleanse these isles with water, and your heathen dog couldn't ever dream of matching the god who will do so.” One of the hooded figures seethed. The sudden downpour, loud and strong, did nothing to halt their steps towards you. It also did little to the lines. They were trying to summon Kyogre, you tool, of course they used water-resistant paint! They're experts in evil, they're organised! And they like the rain!

The leader of the pack spoke again in Alolan, and if you had the expertise to translate it, you'd know they were instructing their friends not to waste their breath on you or use of the crude local tongue. There was a signal that followed, to move and strike, and the Vaporeon reacted with a sudden funnel of toxic sludge in the direction of the worshippers. They reacted with shock, reeling back and to the side, momentarily thrown off from their assault on you. A familiar voice squawked for you to run, to turn back, danger, Minnao, rUN!

There are probably too many to take on, but you could always ignore Chatot's advice. I mean, what're they gonna do... Stab you?


Tate could't just run away and let these crazy assholes do whatever they want -- I mean, what kind of protagonist would that be? No, it was the duty of every decent human being to stand and fight for the greater good. Thankfully, Kai was not a human being. She didn't care about humanity at large, she only cared about herself and her dumbass human. Body coiling, she lunged again, but this time it was at Tate, sharp teeth sinking into the trainer's belt. A moment later it tore loose, taking all size of Tate's Poké Balls with it. Kai then dashed into the woods. Let standing, alone and defenseless, amid a pack of murderous cultists, Tate gave the scenario only a moment's thought, before turning on one heel and chasing after Kai. A good protagonist solves problems, but they do need tools to do so, and that treacherous Vaporeon had just stolen all of Tate's.

"Kai, you son of a-" Tate yelled, as leaves and braches whipped the Johtonian in the face. The buckle of the belt made clicking noises as it struck rocks and sticks, trailing behind the Bubble Jet Pokémon. Once she was assured her trainer was following her, Kai slowed somewhat to allow Tate to catch up. Tate lunged for the trailing end of the belt, grabbing it but tripping in the process. Sorawled in the wet underbrush, Tate tried to wrestle the belt away from Kai. All the while the rain poured down, soaking the bird keeper to the bone.

__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseDiary (VG)

Active Team @ Mt. Cortoza

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #210
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams
 
EpicSquirtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
EpicSquirtle: You needed to hurry this mess along, knowing that Leif was vulnerable up in the trees by himself, and knew just the thing to help. You ordered Amelia to use 'Sunny Day', which was a tall order given that the Weepinbell was currently under the brutal assault of a very sour Pansage. Not only that, but you hadn't even ordered your Pokemon a way to get the creature away, leaving her to suffer under attack after attack. She was understandably fretting.

“Weep~~” She flailed uselessly, the Pansage only growing more ferocious and determined as it scratched at the bell-body, at the stork's base, even at the lips. Whatever the Pokemon could reach, it hurt. Benny looked unsure, but obeyed you all the same, using the best attack it could against Pansage: powder snow. The wind once again grew chilly, and the Snover cast its snow against the enemy. Pansage grit its teeth and took the belting, shuddering as it gripped tightly onto Amelia and shrieked. Amelia was stronger than Pansage, which was perhaps the only reason she wasn't yet unconscious, but it looked as if Amelia was the Pansage's new hostage until it was properly fought off – and Amelia had taken some hurt from the powder snow as well, shuddering with extra discomfort.

In the brief pause from Pansage's wailing, Amelia had managed to utilise sunny day, and you could see the strength of the sunlight through the trees visibly gain strength. Hopefully this helped Leif, because Benny's only effective attack against Pansage was ice-based, and you had just turned up the heat. If you wanted to both find the bag and beat this Pansage, you needed to get your shizzle together. What do you do?
While Anna could be considered many things, a capable battler certainly wasn't one of them, and it was starting to show. In her haste to aid Leif with Sunny Day, she had entirely forgotten to give Amelia orders on how to shake off the viscous Pansage currently assaulting her.

Luckily for both Anna and Amelia, Benny was there to save the day with a timely Powder Snow! But while the Grass Monkey Pokemon was obviously affected by the chilling attack, it still managed to cling onto Amelia. Pansage had essentially taken the flycatcher Pokemon hostage!

"Amelia..." Anna murmured, trying her best to come up with a plan as the sun's light grew brighter. Hopefully this was enough to help not just Leif, but Amelia too. After all, the two Pokemon did share the same ability, Chlorophyll.

But if there was any hope of using the sunlight to her advantage, Anna had to find a way to get Pansage away from Amelia, and fast! But how?

Anna could already hear her brother, scolding her for her lack of ideas. For not defeating the pest sooner. If Lukas was here, he'd have figured something out.
But he wasn't here, it was just her and her Pokemon. Anna had to start thinking for herself for once.

Suddenly a thought popped into the young woman's mind. It wasn't much of a strategy, but at this point, Anna was going to take what she could get.

"Amelia! Try and throw our friend off with Vine Whip. Then, if you can hit them, use Weather Ball!" Anna exclaimed, before turning to her Snover.

"Benny I want you to..." Anna trailed off, realizing just what the strong sunlight meant for the frost tree Pokemon.

"Umm...if you can find an opening, use Razor Leaf." The brown-haired trainer finished.

With her orders given, Anna could only watch to see what would happen. But with how things had turned out last time, she wasn't feeling nearly as optimistic as before.
__________________
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:31 AM   #211
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 530
Sandaa: An act viewed as dishonourable by you might not have been viewed as such by others, given you did very nearly kill a person. Trunks tried to bring you back, but the simple sound and nudge of his long nose had no healing effects within it. Your Pokemon were avenging you, at least, or at trying.

Seeing the Aipom ready its own electricity, a glare fixed on them, the man commanded his friend's Skarmory to take the hit for him-- and it did. The winged Pokemon called out its struggle, watching as the Galvantula was caught up in sapping leech seeds, barely being able to evade the Torterra's slow stomp. It was trying to scuttle out of the immediate danger zone now, movements impeded by the wiry vines. This being even more difficult, though, when Scurvy inflicted his Shadow Panic – causing even the trainer to become hysterically muddled.

The spider knew it had to lash out, and in its manic state, it began to summon infestations of bugs and steep its feet in poison, flailing this way and that. Terra was dangerously close to where it was stood, about to get jabbed if not careful. The Skarmory, though, was struggling, hurting itself as it fought its paralysis and mindset. “Drifblim, help me get Gary out of the way and then free him. This is getting too dangerous.” Masao urged, at your side. The ghost had appeared as if out of the aether, lifting you up in its string-like arms, only to float you a short distance away and in the cover of the trees. Then, covered in an eerie purple-blue aura, it began to exact psychic power to tug and unravel the electroweb, which had left small visible cuts and burns on bits of your skin. “Everything's going to be alright now. We'll get you patched up and get us out of here, but I need to call this in, too.”

What do you do?

-

134: Kai, the plot device that every updater wants but doesn't necessarily need and deserve. All hail the Vaporeon queen. Unfortunately for the narrator, you lived another day, meaning that their Torchic wouldn't get to claim custody of their child to have traded onward for more cash, and there was more of this story to tell. Shame. Your escape wasn't without its pitfalls, though – namely that you were getting scratched and bashed by the foliage you dashed through, and while Kai eventually let you catch up, that wasn't the end of it. The Eeveelution wasn't letting go of your balls without a scuffle, and you both ended up wet and dirty mud wrestling for them. Damn, it's certainly getting hot in here--

A sudden squawk made both sides jump, and you looked up to see that the Chatot was flapping vigorously near your hiding spot. Kai let go of you to take a closer look, something catching her eye, and you were sent tumbling backwards into the mud. To your relief and amazement, in the crafty bird's talons was a very vital Blue Orb. “Not safe, not safe!”

No shit. You knew now that there'd be no summoning of Kyogre and drowning of the world, at least, but those cultists were still out there and maybe even hot on your grimy tails. If you didn't make a move now, they might make Kai's efforts all for nought, but you were a protagonist... Right? So, what do you do?


EpicSquirtle: You might not have been a capable battler, but not only were you learning from your mistakes but you were turning this mess around as well. Taking charge of the situation, you had Amelia attempt to free herself from the Pansage's clutches with an unexpected vine whip – and it had the desired effect. The monkey cried out as it was suddenly flung upwards, landing inelegantly on its belly in the dirt. This seemed to anger it, the Pokemon pulling itself up with clenched teeth – only to be hit with a fire bomb of a Weather Ball.

“It was super effective!” Benny called to you in praise, not that you needed to be told that. The Pansage shrieked, its grassy fur burning and singed, the Pokemon bouncing from foot to foot as it tried to pat out the embers, eventually rolling about to try and finish the job. Really, while Benny's razor leaf was hardly effective, it just added insult to injury. If nothing else it must've been satisfying, and once the barrage of attacks was over, the Pansage looked both much weaker and a lot sulkier. It changed targets then, deciding not to risk another flight through the air, rushing Benny with its claws out for another bout of scratches.

That said, you might have had this in the bag, after all. What do you do?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:28 PM   #212
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan- Being given the water bottle you requested, you hastily gulp it down to the best of your ability. There was some pain, of course, but the refreshing taste of the water more than made up for it. You could feel your body being revitalized from the liquid of life, and start to move to see better. Of course, Lauren and Lorin make sure you don't move too hastily, in case you reopen the wound in your side. With your answer in mind, and making sure that you're upright comfortably, Lauren leaves the room to fetch a nurse. When she comes back ,the nurse with her wheels in a wheelchair.

"You sure about this Ms. Hope?" The nurse asks and you give her a nod.

Lauren and the nurse start to slowly lift you up from the bed into the wheelchair. You can feel pain in your side, and grimace as they try their best to handle you. Soon you are gently sat into the wheelchair. You look at the nurse and Lauren, who are quietly whispering to each other. With a nod, the nurse leaves the room and soon you do as well, with Lauren pushing you and Lorin in your lap.

You make your way out of the hospital, and are told to be back within the hour. The streets of New Redford are hustling and bustling, from the various tourists and locals going about their daily business. Fresh seafood and fruit native to the isles, little charms and idols of Manaphy and other sea Pokemon, and even tours offering non-trainers a chance to explore the island all were in the street being sold the those walking by. Such was it was for a tropical island that primarily flourished on tourism. Busy, but exciting.

Soon, you arrive at the Pokemon Center and make your way through it. You tell the Nurse Joy you're here to see the Lapras, and she happily complies. you're led to a wide, open pool in the backyard of the Pokemon Center, and see your purple friend glistening in the sunlight. Unlike in the small cove, you could see the Lapras here in its true beauty. It perks up when it sees you, and happily swims over to where your wheelchair is parked.

The Lapras was in much better health than the last time you saw it. You could tell by its energetic gaze and happy cries. Its side looked better, with only a small scar showing where the harpoon was. The Lapras even lowered its head so it was looking right at you, and gave you a wide smile. It nudged you a bit, and then looked at Lorin. Did it... want to go with you?

"Seems that since you saved its life, and all of ours really... That it wants to go with you. What do you say?" Lauren asks. It was your choice.

"Oh, yeah, Alice, I also got you somethings too. As a way of saying thanks. Like I said, you saved my life as well... It was scary, being jumped out of nowhere and being forced to bring that man back. I'm glad you were there. I left the box in your hotel room, but I think you'll like what's inside. Two Love Balls, a Pearl String, and then a charm bracelet from the shop my mother runs. As a way of saying I'll always be your friend," Lauren continues with her little speech, sounding incredibly grateful. You were a hero in her eyes, after all.

Though in the end, all of this was your choice. Whether to capture the Lapras or not, it was up to you. All it would take would be extending a Poke Ball out towards it. Whatever your choice is, your adventure at the islands will be at an end after it. After you make your recovery you'll be sent back home. And even if you end up never coming back, the memories made on these islands will surely stay with you.



Rewards:
1 Lv. 12 Female Shiny Lapras
2 Love Balls
1 Pearl String
1 Charm Bracelet

Thank you for adventuring at the Minnao Islands. I hope you enjoyed your adventure. With your next post, you are officially done~
Alice was surer about visiting Lapras than she was about anything else right now. After all, it might have been the right decision for all of them, but her side hurt like a bitch and she had literally killed a person. One of the clearer memories of those blurred ones was the sound of the man's screams, of crunching bones and ripping tendons and chiselled flesh squirming and squelching in water and dirt. Yikesy doodles. Her stomach churned, but Alice was brought from it as she was lifted into the chair, grunting and laughing dryly through the pain and awkwardness.

"If I'd known it would prevent me from having to walk anywhere, I'd have gotten shot before now." The idol joked casually, and Lorin chided her with a frown. "Too soon? I'm sorry, man, you know it's how I cope with stuff like this." They were soon out of the cool hospital and out into the Minnaoan warmth, Alice switching to her designer sunglasses as the sun hit her fair features. It was noisy and magnetising as ever, Alice wishing for once that her feet could be used to navigate it all of her own volition. There was only an hour's freedom, though, and it was to be well spent. The trainer greeted Nurse Joy with enthusiasm in spite of her state, soon transitioning again to an outdoor setting-- and there was the gem of the cove herself.

Lapras sparkled in the open daylight, and it was impossible not to beam at the sound of the Pokemon's joyous cries. Alice giggled sweetly, Lorin calling out a greeting to the beautiful beastie. "Hey there, girl, it's nice to see you!" Alice called out, laughing a bit more as the Pokemon bent down its long neck. It made her heart flutter. She truly loved Pokemon, was in awe of them, as anyone should be. Movements slow and unnatural, Alice carefully pet at its shimmering forehead, pain shooting through her side.

"You think so? ... Holy shit. That's so crazy." Alice breathed, but she was thrilled. "There's no way I can say no to that, though... And hey, you're all better! All we need to do is dump me in the pool and it's like we've traded places." A grim joke, and Alice laughed as Lorin once again scolded her. Even Lapras didn't seem sure of what to say, and the Lotad had to apologise for his trainer's dark japes. Lauren took a Poke Ball from Alice's bag at her behest. "No, really, though. I'm sorry for what happened, but I'd be happy if you come with us, Lapras; really. Thank you. And I promise I won't let that happen again."

The shiny crooned, giving another acknowledging nudge before the Poke Ball swallowed her whole, lighting up with little resistence. Alice smiled in satisfaction, glancing back at Lauren. "And you, too. I damn well love Love Balls, too, so that all sounds great! -- Except for what you went through. I'm just glad he didn't fucking shoot you." She reflected as Lauren turned the chair around for them to slowly wander back the way they came. "We'll have to trade numbers. There's no way we can't be forever friends after going through that mess."

And they did. Alice and her Pokemon spent more time with Lauren and her own team during her time in Minnao, glad for the younger trainer's visits while still stuck in hospital. The hotel room was a nice change of pace, and the Love Balls were immediately put to good use, now housing her Cubchoo, Bea, and Kara the Koffing. The charm bracelet became a part of Alice's aesthetic for the holiday in Minnao as well, deciding to stay there longer while she had to relax and recover. Alice worked all of her outfits around wearing it. Surfing out on the waves and lakes with her rare Lapras, Violet, was a treat, too, and Alice even got to meet some of the Pokemon's still-wild friends and family.

In spite of the trauma, Alice definitely had a blast. Those memories had to last forever, just as her friendship with Lauren did, and she hoped to come back for a less lethal adventure one day.

((Claiming all my rewards. Thank you so much, Lit, this adventure was awesome. <3))
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:11 PM   #213
134
Overenthusiastic Haole
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
134: Kai, the plot device that every updater wants but doesn't necessarily need and deserve. All hail the Vaporeon queen. Unfortunately for the narrator, you lived another day, meaning that their Torchic wouldn't get to claim custody of their child to have traded onward for more cash, and there was more of this story to tell. Shame. Your escape wasn't without its pitfalls, though – namely that you were getting scratched and bashed by the foliage you dashed through, and while Kai eventually let you catch up, that wasn't the end of it. The Eeveelution wasn't letting go of your balls without a scuffle, and you both ended up wet and dirty mud wrestling for them. Damn, it's certainly getting hot in here--

A sudden squawk made both sides jump, and you looked up to see that the Chatot was flapping vigorously near your hiding spot. Kai let go of you to take a closer look, something catching her eye, and you were sent tumbling backwards into the mud. To your relief and amazement, in the crafty bird's talons was a very vital Blue Orb. “Not safe, not safe!”

No shit. You knew now that there'd be no summoning of Kyogre and drowning of the world, at least, but those cultists were still out there and maybe even hot on your grimy tails. If you didn't make a move now, they might make Kai's efforts all for nought, but you were a protagonist... Right? So, what do you do?
You know what? Tate tried. Tate tried to be a good person; to save the world. Tate had tried to master the adventure. But the powers that be just wouldn't let it happen. And now Tate was wet and muddy and exhausted and the cultists were going to murder all of them. For a few seconds Tate flailed in the mud, having a tantrum. Then, Tate got up.

"Fine!" The trainer yelled at the Chatot, throwing both hands into the air. Clutched in one fist was the belt, which rattled slightly as it was shaken. "You win!"

Clearly, the bird was smarter. Frustrated and beaten, Tate snatched ‘Uhane's ball from the belt, and lobbed it into the air in the general direction of the bird. The Rowlet materialized in a burst of energy, its ball hurtling back at Tate on an electromagnetic impulse. The trainer fumbled, but caught it.

"Okay, look!" Tate called out. "We're following Chatot, okay? Whatever it says. Your job is to keep it safe."

Short wings flapping with surprising power, ‘Uhane looked from her trainer to the Chatot. She didn't know this other bird well, but thus far she had been given no reason to distrust her trainer's discretion. She cooed in the affirmative, and swooped around the Chatot protectively. Tate gave a harried thumbs up at the Rowlet, and then turned attention to Kai.

"You, you little shit," Tate hissed. "Are going to run with me. We're going to run wherever that thing takes us. Run when we can, fight when we have to. Got it?"

Kai looked at her trainer, then at the Chatot. Then she shook herself off, and sunk back onto her haunches, preparing to sprint. Tate exhaled harshly, and nodded.

"Lead the way, Chatot!"

__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseDiary (VG)

Active Team @ Mt. Cortoza

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #214
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 530
134: You had tried to do the right thing, tried to be a hero, but the goddess that be had mocked and rejected and objectified you (and Vaporeon-- but she swears that she ain't into that...!!!! baka), and so you had given up. Releasing your gorgeous Rowlet into the rain, you make your intentions to survive clear. The Chatot clearly knew better than your reckless arse, and so it needed to be protected if it was going to guide you safely from this mess.

“Hello! Hello, hello!” The Chatot chirped its greeting. Such a clever borb, and it whistles quietly, dropping the blue orb to the floor as if expecting you to carry it. You did so, of course – it's too precious to leave behind, and if the Chatot carried it any further it would tire out and its speed was be impeded. The Pokemon then turned, beginning to bounce and flutter through the treacherous forest with Uhane and Kai close by. You were going to have some serious leg muscles after this workout, and hopefully a new appreciation for living.

It was impossible to tell how much time passed, but the race to safety felt like an eternity, as if the Mints stretched on forever. You thought you might be about to make it, though, but you weren't, because your deity is a sadist and might just hate you. With the speed you were going, your party had to skid to a sloppy halt to avoid practically running into the knife of a cloaked figure that awaited ahead.

“Danger, danger!” The Chatot called, Uhane practically crashing into its back. It squawked, squishing into the trunk and landing on the floor, then hurrying to roost somewhere near behind you. “Danger, danger.”
“That's... That's right...” The cloaked figure agreed, voice low and mean and almost lustful. They were relatively short and a bit chubby, but their presence was somehow dark and powerful, painted pink lips pulling into a hungry smile. “We need that orb, for our god Kyogre. The isles demand it, they're crying. They were crying before your dance, and they'll cry after you leave, if you don't give it to me...”

A Mareanie stood at one side, a Crawdaunt at her other. It looked like you were in for a double battle. In order to protect, you must attack. But do you still have a hero's will in you?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.