UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 04-20-2013, 04:13 AM   #76
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I've unlocked Sona and played with her in some 3v3 PvP matches... she's AMAZING. Even got a triple with her once thanks to my ult + passive + Q combo. Run some AP on her, and she can totally go to town.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #77
deoxys
Fog Badge

I didn't like Sona from what I played with her, but my friend who I play with a lot is a very great support Sona for me.

I've got a LOT of IP right now. Like, 8300. I don't know what to use it on. I'm thinking about giving Nautilus a try since his Astro skin is on sale, but I don't know.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #78
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

BTW, if you don't have Warwick yet, they're planning on reducing his IP cost to 450 when they release the next champion (Lissandra), so you might want to wait before buying him, that's what I plan on doing. But dang, you could get a 6300 IP champ with that many points! Might I suggest Ahri or Xerath? Vi's a good choice too, she's a really popular champ.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #79
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
BTW, if you don't have Warwick yet, they're planning on reducing his IP cost to 450 when they release the next champion (Lissandra), so you might want to wait before buying him, that's what I plan on doing. But dang, you could get a 6300 IP champ with that many points! Might I suggest Ahri or Xerath? Vi's a good choice too, she's a really popular champ.
Ahri is my main and I'd suggest her at any opportunity I get. She's a great Champion, a pretty hard snowballer, and looks great. She takes some getting used to, though, as she is not easy to use.

Xerath is definitely underrated and underplayed, but that is because he is pretty bland. He's quite vanilla, offering little utility to a team. However, if you want something that hits hard for a good poke team composition, by all means, go Xerath.

Vi is incredible. She's fun, her personality and design are top, and she can Jungle and Top. I LOVE Vi.

Other quality picks are Rengar, who's STILL standing very strong even after his nerfs, Kha´Zix, who is a nightmare to face in skilled hands, Diana, same story as Rengar, Fizz, who is the BOSS of Mid Lane if you can play him well, Elise, who's genuinely OP, and my personal favourite, Jayce. Jayce is the man. ´Nuff said.

// PASBL // Wild Future //
KratosAurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #80
deoxys
Fog Badge

Thanks. I'll consider some of those since I have a lot of IP still. I did buy Fiddlesticks and Veigar to try and both are decent in their own right. I also had RP and decided to try Nautilus. He is fun but feels more like a very tanky bruiser than anything. His hits aren't very strong and his slowness is a problem, even though boots of mobility usually fix that.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #81
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Thanks. I'll consider some of those since I have a lot of IP still. I did buy Fiddlesticks and Veigar to try and both are decent in their own right. I also had RP and decided to try Nautilus. He is fun but feels more like a very tanky bruiser than anything. His hits aren't very strong and his slowness is a problem, even though boots of mobility usually fix that.
Oh, he IS a Tank. Nautilus is stuffed to the brim with Hard CC (Stun, Knock-Up, you get the idea.), which makes him ideal for his job. He's supposed to initiate with a Pull (Dredge Line) to the Enemy ADC or APC. Get into the fight, pop Titan's Wrath into Riptide, and when the Enemy seems gathered, pop Depth Charge into the ADC or APC if they're still alive. That said, you're supposed to live, and let others kill. Nautilus does not snowball at all, and he cannot carry a game by himself. He's nifty, he'll make your ADC do his or her job, though he isn't really a threat outside of his ability to mess with the other Team's positioning and plans. Boots of Mobility are unnecesarry. Take Ninja Tabi + Spirit of the Ancient Golem or Sunfire Cape + Mercury's Treads. I generally purchase the latter when I play Vi, whom I build similarly. Difference is that Vi can and will make heads roll while also providing Hard CC in the form of Assault and Battery.

EDIT: Played a few rounds with McSweeney. Real nice games. I went on to get fed as Akali on the first, and he carried us with Tristana on the second. Come on UPN, let's make a team!

Last edited by KratosAurion; 04-21-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #82
Sneaze
Mrow?

>Playing Int Bots
>2 teammates d/c
>other 2 teammates suck massive dong
>I carry team to victory on the back of 10/0/0 kill/death spread (Team total was 13/16/3)
>not a single teammate gives me honor afterwards

...seriously fuck this community sometimes.

Also we seriously need to make a team and use skype or mumble or something. We'd do pretty well I think.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #83
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
>Playing Int Bots
>2 teammates d/c
>other 2 teammates suck massive dong
>I carry team to victory on the back of 10/0/0 kill/death spread (Team total was 13/16/3)
>not a single teammate gives me honor afterwards

...seriously fuck this community sometimes.

Also we seriously need to make a team and use skype or mumble or something. We'd do pretty well I think.
Let's go for it. Also, I love Quinn. She's my new waifu. I only need to get her the Phoenix Quinn skin and my life will be complete.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #84
Sneaze
Mrow?

I'm very tempted to get Zyra's Wild Fire skin once I unlock her, because it looks awesome, plus it makes her plants look baws too, so.

...I just have to scrounge up the money.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #85
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Who's on the North America server? I think I've added one, maybe two people here so far, and I'd like to get more if I can.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:11 AM   #86
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

I play in NA as JudgeMasterCid.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #87
Sneaze
Mrow?

I'm on NA as Sprinkleburg

Old 04-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #88
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

OK, thanks to Sneezy's encouragement, I'll be whipping up a LoL Beginner's Guide pretty soon. It'll be LARGE and hold a lot of basic stuff that should clear several doubts for our brewing UPN LoL Community.

So yeah, watch this space for updates.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:13 AM   #89
Sneaze
Mrow?

Why must PvP at low levels either be people on smurfs or people who have never played a videogame before in their life? Zyra should not be able to walk in on three opponents and wreck all of them, even with her incredibly OP ult.

Also, best part of the game was we had them on the ropes so I say we should do Baron. I get two people saying sure, and the other two don't know what Baron is, so after I make my way over to Baron I find one of the two that didn't know wander over and everyone else jungling... with no Lizards or Golem up at the moment. So naturally I decide to solo Baron, which actually works due to Zyra's plants taking all of the aggro, explaining the entire time to the newbie playing Annie what the purpose of Baron is as they question why I'd be fighting something so strong. Then all the sups wrecked the enemy and we won, so I was quite livid that I had just wasted my time on Baron when it should have died in a fifth of the time.

Also there was an enemy Zyra who just helped to enstill the "I know how to play Zyra" vibe to everyone, because they built her so poorly that even the newbie Annie was able to take them out no problem. Granted they were probably also new but it was still pretty funny to see the comparison.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #90
Toyo
hail

I've tried leaving the downloader for LoL on overnight twice now, meaning I either have two copies of the game lurking within my computer or the downloader has randomly stopped midway.

I'll try again tonight to see what is going on. :P
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #91
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

That downloader stopped like a thousand times. I had to basically watch it and every time it turned itself off, I had to start it up again and it would continue where it left off. Riot really needs a better downloading program.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #92
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KratosAurion View Post
OK, thanks to Sneezy's encouragement, I'll be whipping up a LoL Beginner's Guide pretty soon. It'll be LARGE and hold a lot of basic stuff that should clear several doubts for our brewing UPN LoL Community.

So yeah, watch this space for updates.
I know chances are INCREDIBLY SLIM given the character, but would you by any chance happen to be this guy on your main account?

Currently playing: Xerath, Ziggs, Volibear, and Hecarim. I dropped Draven and Riven for the time being, I'm going to come back to them once I've gotten better.

Want to try: Vayne, Corki, and Elise.

Last edited by deoxys; 04-27-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #93
Loki

Kratos Aurion is the name of a character from Tales of Symphonia and considering our KratosAurion said his account name is JudgeMasterCid, I don't think it is.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #94
deoxys
Fog Badge

I'm aware considering I pointed out it is a fairly popular character, and it was also partially tongue in cheek given the player I linked was ranked Diamond I which is the highest you can be (I think?) and that our Kratos is pretty knowledgeable about the game. Also JudgeMasterCid could just be his smurf account...
Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #95
Loki

Thus the use of italics on 'think' in my post.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #96
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Nope, sadly, I am quite unfortunate in Ranked play. As much as I am knowledgeable and accomplish my job most of the time, I find myself loosing far too often to be consistent in Ranked. Think about every 5 games won in a row is followed by a 2 defeat streak which absolutely foils me and my dreams of promotion.

That said, it IS from Tales of Symphonia, but my one and only LoL account is JudgeMasterCid from FFTA.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #97
deoxys
Fog Badge

Lissandra is awesome. Definitely added to my growing list of champions I use. This patch is awesome. ARAM is okay, but can be a bit rough. I love everything they did with this update and the lore, and what they did with Sejuani and Trundle's reboots.

10/10 would patch again
Old 05-01-2013, 02:50 AM   #98
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

ARAM looks like a great format, though I'd probably like it better if my laptop would stop getting EVEN MORE FRAMERATE LAG THAN IT DID BEFORE. I thought this patch was going to fix the lag, not cause more of it!

Old 05-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #99
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Indeed, Patch 3.6 is a piece or art. All of the Freljord Lore, Lissandra, Sejuani... Everything was very well done and well worth the wait. Excellent Patch. Now, if only they did something like this for Bardle City or Piltover.

Also, Lissandra's LogIn Music is OP. Honestly, her speech and the song combined are ORGASMIC.

EDIT: Also, I don't have any lag on any map unless someone is using the Internet in my house besides me. I've heard of lag issues, though, from a few mates of mine. Never experienced any myself.

Last edited by KratosAurion; 05-01-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #100
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

It's really laggy for laptops, something to do with the video cards not being able to handle the animations so quickly.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games