UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-26-2016, 05:38 PM   #326
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Yeah the kids aren't really that good without a fuckton of grinding. Kana's pretty mediocre since their whole shtick is being Corrin 2.0, but they don't get Yato, or Jakob/Felicia/Gunter supports (their personal skills directly benefit Corrin). Some like Percy, Dwyer, Caeldori, Nina, Velouria, Shiro, are pretty decent but for the most part, it's the EXP and items from their maps that are more valuable.

But if you grind, anyone becomes good, and it's not worth discussing at that point.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #327
Heather
Naga's Voice

Fought Kuno, won. Tough fight, though, the swarm on the east side overcame the Super Spear Girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:19 PM   #328
Sneaze
Mrow?

So now being a fair way into Birthright and having gone in blind, I realize I may have fucked myself pretty hard in that the distribution for Seals is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit and some characters that clean up high level base classes with ease can't even deal damage to level 1 upgraded classes for whatever reason.

Admittedly this is also because I haven't been caring much if I get shit stat rolls due to not knowing what stat growth individual characters have, but still. Just a little boned.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:28 PM   #329
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

In fairness, they did rebalance reclassing by making more limited so it doesn't turn into an unbalanced mess like Awakening, where you can keep re passing fiercer but still get a minimum of 8 EXP per kill. Though I'm not sure how your units can't deal damage to promoted classes, the only way that could happen is if you got really boned in levels, promoted too early, or playing on Hard mode or above. Which chapter are you currently on?

At least Birthright has grinding, so you can still try and get more levels and do the story missions afterwards.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:11 AM   #330
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Speaking of marriage, I made my first couple in Fates! It's Takumi and Oboro. xd
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:41 AM   #331
Sneaze
Mrow?

Currently Chapter 15. And I've not been reclassing as of yet just because I didn't want to get boned like this.

And the sad part is I have been grinding. I have no idea why I just do no damage whatsoever.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:34 AM   #332
Heather
Naga's Voice

Sneaze your best bet is to find recently updated castles and find ones with level 3 rod/staff stores. They have infinite season sale. Of course, it's ine per castle, but you can get plenty this way.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2016, 08:36 AM   #333
Red Panda
head head bitch

Chapter 19/20 I think is when you get to upgrade to Rod Shop 3 which has infinite seals

But yeah I had enough Heart Seals for just MU twice and Hinata once and then managed to get enough Master Seals to promote Rinkah/Oboro/MU/Hinata/Orochi/Saizo/Kaze/Kagero/Hinoka/Silas/Kaden/Sakura
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #334
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
So re: Felicia

...I heard she has a level cap of 40. So wouldn't that mean she's essentially a basic unit, just in a promoted class?
Old 02-28-2016, 11:01 PM   #335
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
That's the idea Emi
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:51 AM   #336
phoopes
Double Dragon

Yo yo yo

Conquest is sooooooooo dope

But holy hell is it difficult (almost as difficult as picking a waifu)

Chapters 10, 11, and 12 all find awesome and unique ways to challenge you (I haven't beaten chapter 12 yet)

I think I might like it better than Awakening already, which is nutty
Old 03-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #337
Red Panda
head head bitch

Chapter 12 is legit fucking _insane_
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:19 PM   #338
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I hate the Conquest End Chapter so much. Someone ALWAYS breaks through. It almost makes me miss the dumb ai in the earlier games where enemies would charge you even if they know they won't do any damage. Will edit with details when I beat it or ragequit.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:49 AM   #339
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Fuck it. Making a new post.

After a day of trying and restarting the end chapter, I finally managed to beat the end chapter without anyone dieing. Despite my bitching, I have enjoyed the hell out of the game. I like it more than Awakening. The story is still a bit of a trainwreck. I plan on playing through again with the use of DLC grinding fun, and to fix my many fuck-ups. Though I don't think DLC grinding will help, since most of my characters' important stats are already maxxed.

My end team (character stat spoilers)
Spoiler: show

Peri - Mostly filler. She never ended up very good, but she did help finish off enemies. I wanted to pair her with someone just to see what the kid's hair color will end up being.

Xander - His sword proved really helpful, but statwise, he's just an average paladin. He made a decent tank when Effie and the wyverns were off doing something else. I like how he looks evil, but he's not.

Nyx - I needed another magic damage dealer, and unfortunately Odin just doesn't cut it damagewise. She was never one of my best, but like Peri, she could get some kills on weaker enemies so my better people don't have to waste their turns.

Kana - She did end up improving, but she never became great. What killed it for her is the fact that she started at lv 19. Her growths were 1's across the board, but she never got much chance to make use of those growths. She's best as a magic user.

Percy - Never turned out that well, but he had his uses. Lunge helped with problem positioning, and defense rally helped some. He was never much of a damage dealer though.

Selena - She's the Kent of the mercenaries. High skill and speed with low str, but she eventually maxed her str. I made her a great lord, and she ended up becoming really helpful. She and Laslow took on Muk by themselves, since he could never hit them. Sadly most of her battles was me wanting Aether or a critical to activate. I love her cackle after winning.

Laslow - Higher str than Selena, lower speed and skill. Funny thing is that Lodestar nulled that disadvantage completely, making him my quickest unit. Even moreso than Niles. Along with Laslow's blade and his skills, he can end up with 46 speed.

Beruka - Much better than Percy, and a great mobile tank. She's also a nice critical machine. I just wish I could give her Wary Fighter to offset her terrible speed.

Niles - When he joined, I was amazed at how good he was. Always double hitting, and hard hitting ontop of that. Not to mention lockpicking. He has been my main bow user until Mozu was trained. Sadly she ended up being more reliable in that area. He's still a nice mage killer with that high res. That was incredibly valuable since almost everyone has shitty res.

Mozu - She's not as devastating as Donnel, but she ended up being one of my most reliable units. I made her a merchant. I considered weapons master, but eeeeh. Most of her stats were maxed, and her gold abilities helped with both money and extra damage. I just wish I had a choice to not use her gold, rather than having to convoy it when attacking with her.

Azura - I mostly used her to give Elise extra turns for healing/attacking. Needless to say, their support was maxed out pretty quickly.

Elise - My main magic user and healer. Her speed, res, luck, and mag were maxed very quickly. It sucks she couldn't get S rank with staves or tomes. Actually I need to find out what gets an S rank with staves, because it's BS they give me an S ranked staff, but THE MAIN STAFF USER IN THE FREAKING GAME can't use it. She's a fucking mage killer though. Her and Niles are the only units with a good res. Mozu's is decent.

Effie - My main tank. She has had the highest str in the army for a while. Though I mostly used her for her def. Thankfully knights are useful in this game, since you don't have to trek through massive maps doing nothing. Also you need to use lure tactics, so she's almost required.

Arthur - I want to make sweet love to Arthur. If I were to name a MVP in this run, Arthur would be the MVP. He is a monster. Critical hits out the ass. His critical rate often hit the 80% mark, so yeah. He's also very helpful with support attacks.

Off to Birthright!

Last edited by big bad birtha; 03-03-2016 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:43 PM   #340
deoxys
Fog Badge

I'm just dropping in to say I'm mad as hell about how Nintendo is handling the Special Edition release. It was up on Best Buy for less than 5 minutes last week, and it was up on Amazon for less than 2 minutes today.

And now the cheapest you can get on eBay or Craigslist is about $200. I'm so salty.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:58 PM   #341
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I'm just dropping in to say I'm mad as hell about how Nintendo is handling the Special Edition release. It was up on Best Buy for less than 5 minutes last week, and it was up on Amazon for less than 2 minutes today.

And now the cheapest you can get on eBay or Craigslist is about $200. I'm so salty.
Scalpers. Same issue with Beyoncé tickets. Scalping has made a few scumbags into millionaires and they have invested a chunk of their returns into bot network hardware and software. They use scripted bots to get tickets from TicketMaster, toys off of Amazon, etc, all within seconds to minutes.

So long as technology fails to correctly identify and prevent scalping, you will continue to see similar failures of the system to get collector's edition items into collectors' hands at MSRP.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:24 PM   #342
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Scalpers. Same issue with Beyoncé tickets. Scalping has made a few scumbags into millionaires and they have invested a chunk of their returns into bot network hardware and software. They use scripted bots to get tickets from TicketMaster, toys off of Amazon, etc, all within seconds to minutes.

So long as technology fails to correctly identify and prevent scalping, you will continue to see similar failures of the system to get collector's edition items into collectors' hands at MSRP.
Even so, Nintendo has not been releasing that many copies, and has only had a handful of releases of it. Before last week, the last one was sometime in December... and the very first pre-order on GameStop's website was gone in a flash as well. I just don't understand why Nintendo loves making product so limited. I understand it garners them more attention and gets people talking about their product, but I don't want to wait six months to a year to be able to buy it just like they did with amiibo.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #343
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
Fuck it. Making a new post.

After a day of trying and restarting the end chapter, I finally managed to beat the end chapter without anyone dieing. Despite my bitching, I have enjoyed the hell out of the game. I like it more than Awakening. The story is still a bit of a trainwreck. I plan on playing through again with the use of DLC grinding fun, and to fix my many fuck-ups. Though I don't think DLC grinding will help, since most of my characters' important stats are already maxxed.

My end team (character stat spoilers)

Peri - Mostly filler. She never ended up very good, but she did help finish off enemies. I wanted to pair her with someone just to see what the kid's hair color will end up being.

Xander - His sword proved really helpful, but statwise, he's just an average paladin. He made a decent tank when Effie and the wyverns were off doing something else. I like how he looks evil, but he's not.

Nyx - I needed another magic damage dealer, and unfortunately Odin just doesn't cut it damagewise. She was never one of my best, but like Peri, she could get some kills on weaker enemies so my better people don't have to waste their turns.

Kana - She did end up improving, but she never became great. What killed it for her is the fact that she started at lv 19. Her growths were 1's across the board, but she never got much chance to make use of those growths. She's best as a magic user.

Percy - Never turned out that well, but he had his uses. Lunge helped with problem positioning, and defense rally helped some. He was never much of a damage dealer though.

Selena - She's the Kent of the mercenaries. High skill and speed with low str, but she eventually maxed her str. I made her a great lord, and she ended up becoming really helpful. She and Laslow took on Muk by themselves, since he could never hit them. Sadly most of her battles was me wanting Aether or a critical to activate. I love her cackle after winning.

Laslow - Higher str than Selena, lower speed and skill. Funny thing is that Lodestar nulled that disadvantage completely, making him my quickest unit. Even moreso than Niles. Along with Laslow's blade and his skills, he can end up with 46 speed.

Beruka - Much better than Percy, and a great mobile tank. She's also a nice critical machine. I just wish I could give her Wary Fighter to offset her terrible speed.

Niles - When he joined, I was amazed at how good he was. Always double hitting, and hard hitting ontop of that. Not to mention lockpicking. He has been my main bow user until Mozu was trained. Sadly she ended up being more reliable in that area. He's still a nice mage killer with that high res. That was incredibly valuable since almost everyone has shitty res.

Mozu - She's not as devastating as Donnel, but she ended up being one of my most reliable units. I made her a merchant. I considered weapons master, but eeeeh. Most of her stats were maxed, and her gold abilities helped with both money and extra damage. I just wish I had a choice to not use her gold, rather than having to convoy it when attacking with her.

Azura - I mostly used her to give Elise extra turns for healing/attacking. Needless to say, their support was maxed out pretty quickly.

Elise - My main magic user and healer. Her speed, res, luck, and mag were maxed very quickly. It sucks she couldn't get S rank with staves or tomes. Actually I need to find out what gets an S rank with staves, because it's BS they give me an S ranked staff, but THE MAIN STAFF USER IN THE FREAKING GAME can't use it. She's a fucking mage killer though. Her and Niles are the only units with a good res. Mozu's is decent.

Effie - My main tank. She has had the highest str in the army for a while. Though I mostly used her for her def. Thankfully knights are useful in this game, since you don't have to trek through massive maps doing nothing. Also you need to use lure tactics, so she's almost required.

Arthur - I want to make sweet love to Arthur. If I were to name a MVP in this run, Arthur would be the MVP. He is a monster. Critical hits out the ass. His critical rate often hit the 80% mark, so yeah. He's also very helpful with support attacks.

Off to Birthright!
The problem is you classed Elise wrong. Max proficiency ranks go by classes now-Strategist can't S in staves, only Maid/Butler related classes can. Yeah.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2016, 05:42 PM   #344
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Good news guys, we have a release date for Fates in the PAL regions.

The bad news, it isn't till fucking May 20th.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:43 PM   #345
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
About fucking time. It was getting to the point where I was starting to think it wasn't coming over here.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:50 PM   #346
phoopes
Double Dragon

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK THE RNG

>99% CHANCE TO HIT
>MISSES
>TWICE

>GETTING DOUBLE ATTACKED
>AS LONG AS I DON'T GET CRIT TWICE I SURVIVE
>99.75% CHANCE ALL GOES ACCORDING TO PLAN
>IT DOESN'T
Old 03-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #347
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post

Shhhh. emuNAND will make everything better. How do you think I got the special edition lol.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #348
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Courtesy of Kaisa, a closer look at how some Japanese perceive the English translation of Fire Emblem:

日本のサクラちゃん「カムイお兄様、お怪我を…?!すぐに私が治して差し上げます…!」 北米のサクラちゃん「おいカムイ、怪我したか?こっち来い、今治してやる!」

あくまでも個人の感想だけど今のとこ日本語喋ってるサクラちゃんと英語喋ってるサクラちゃんのイメージはこ れくらいの差がある

The issue is, amongst other Japanese cues, the loss of keigo when going from Japanese to English. The deliberately selected Japanese in the original dialogue conveys what sort of personality Sakura has. This is lost when translating into English, as we don't have such grammar forms. And then to the Japanese ear, when you take what we write in English and back-translate it to Japanese, it can sometimes default to very different forms.

But that's okay: you can enjoy the funny picture even without the language lesson.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:36 AM   #349
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'm a bit into Birthright. One thing I like about it is how Corrin isn't sticking his head into the sand like he did in Conquest. It was kind of frustrating. I'm probably going to use the spare time to jack up support couples.

I already have more healers and magic users than I did the entirety of Conquest. Also, what's with Pegasus knights being so durable? THEY'RE MY FREAKING TANKS! Staves are alot better in this game too. They have an extra space in range!

Support plans: (character spoilers)

I'm not 100% sure on who I want Corrin to be with. I might have her be with Kaze simply because he's cool as shit.

Putting Hayato and Orochi together. Maybe they'll make some super mage?

Might put Subaki and Mozu together....maybe. They don't go that well together IMO. I want the daughter to be awesome though, because she looks cool as shit.

Not sure about the rest. I'm sure I'll come up with something!
Old 03-05-2016, 04:21 AM   #350
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Talon, do the Japanese have any opinion/knowledge of the weird censorship changes?

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games